Pike13 Reviews

4.1/5 (116 reviews)

Good system, Excellent/Best Customer Support

Reviewed 2018-09-05

The best aspect Pike13 has brought to my business is organization of scheduling and billing, including how the business is doing. I would, however, like to see more qualifiers in the "Insight" dashboard, of monthly financials, customer growth, with a more drag and drop method of viewing what I want to see...in other words more of the quick snapshots that all businesses want to look at quickly, without making everything only buildable reporting, that I have to spend a lot ot time learning and creating, etc....more like QuickBooks, or typical Dashboard applications that display what's going on with the business.No doubt, dependability of the system, being available but the support is really excellent. They know the system they support and response to issues as well as resolution is one of the best I've ever experienced.

Mike Morris

Best All Around Management Software for our Music School

Reviewed 2016-08-23

We looked at many others, from the low end to the very high end. We actually began deployment of another product and found that "the devil is in the details" - there were significant workarounds and changes to our business practices that would be required, and which we were not willing to make. So we looked again, and found that, while not perfect, Front Desk did meet 100% of our "Must Have"s and the clear majority of our "Nice to Have" items without requiring us to squeeze into a predefined mold. All the products out there have feature lists that sound great, but with most, the further we dug into actual implementation, the harder the task became. With Front Desk, instead I found that several of the business practices that make our school unique were handled very elegantly by the software. This is primarily due to the fact that Financials (payment plans, billing, etc.) are completely decoupled from Enrollments (maintaining Schedules, Attendance, etc). At first this was disorienting, but I soon realized it was the distinctive that provided much of the flexibility we needed.Very easy to use, modern / clean interface. The site is essentially identical on a Desktop and on Mobile devices. Note that some would say lack of an "App" was a Con (that was my first reaction) but the Mobile friendly website performs very well on all platforms. Lots of flexibility around pricing models - per class as well as per instructor pricing, e.g. Prices, Discounts and Coupons are all clearly delineated in their roles and each is modifiable at time of sale. The Merchant Account Rates were the best we found also. Viewing schedules for a few dozen teachers can be overwhelming; Front Desk has great flexibility in filtering the schedule (by person, activity, location, etc) as well as flexibility in presentation (list, day, week and month formats). Innovative use of colors also helps make attendance status clear at a glance. I am also very pleased with how flexible the Customer view of the website is. The presentation of our "Course Catalog" can be very customizable, including defining what navigation tabs are available in the interface, etc.... not just what colors and icons are used! (We have yet to integrate the Front Desk website with our main site, but will do so next quarter.)

Krista Ney

We like it!

Reviewed 2016-08-22

Glad we made the switch to this program. Although it doesn't provide everything we need yet, and although there are some things that I'm still doing manually due to some functions not working like our company needs, it does seem that FrontDesk is making frequent updates and changes to their product to meet the needs of customers. So, I'm hopeful that the features id like to see improvements on will be happening soon. Customer service has been helpful in hearing my frustrations and has been good with helping me find temporary work-arounds. Overall pleased with the product! Easy to use and love the accessibility though the phone app. This has been a good program for our small company budget too.

Love it...really....But...

Reviewed 2016-08-22

Short story - I was glad to find a software that gave me a lot I needed, but as my music school offers primarily one on me, private lessons, the class/gym structure made it pretty difficult to configure for my purposes. Good news, is FD Support was a great help! Also, the business model I must use of not having employees, but self employed contracted teachers, adds more difficulties of complexity and lack of ways to incentivize them to carry out necessary functions. Although not a problem of FD, but never-the-less, an issue I must deal with. Overall, in spite of comments above, I do love what Front Desk offers in the way of reporting and communications with my customers...and the Support team is really amazingly helpful and always willing to do whatever it takes. THIS is a true pass of an excellent company , to not just offer a great product or service but BE THERE for the users.

Jamie Gallagher

FrontDeskHQ is the best client software on the market!

Reviewed 2016-08-22

I have been with FDHQ from the very beginning. Not only did they start off with a very solid product, they have improved incrementally over the years. They know their "Why" and do not stray from what they are really good at.Ease of use. I can train new staff members very quickly in how to use FDHQ. The mobile functionality is great, too.

Jim Martin

Our experience with Pike 13.

Reviewed 2018-09-22

Pike 13 satisfies 85% of our business needs. Their alliance with TransNational provides speedy and affordable payment processing. Their customer service has been exceptional even when their answer is no! Their platform works well with multiple locations. Their financial reporting is excellent and the payroll module is accommodating to a wide variety of compensation plans.Pike 13 is robust enough to provide the services and information that we need to operate our business without being overly complex. Ease of use and adaption for multiple locations is a bug plus.

Mallory Quinn

Green Locus

Reviewed 2018-09-07

It has been great for my business but I do feel for the high price it should have a lot more features and be easier to use for the problems I listed above.I enjoy the options for courses and series and most things I can figure out on my own without calling customer service so it is easy to use. I like the reports feature and making schedules is pretty easy as well.

Marissa DiNucci

We LOVE Pike13. They offer everything a small studio, or a large gym needs to operate.

Reviewed 2018-06-04

Ease of use, and reliability are amazing! But my FAVORITE thing is definitely the staff app. I can do almost everything from the staff app, so I can work from anywhere, at any time. From running payroll to creating packages or plans, it does it all. Most apps come with limited function, but this software is almost as complete as the desktop version. And what I love about the company is they are always trying to get better. We have been users for man years and they add things I haven't even thought about needing. Its a pleasure to be a customer.

Julie Sullins

Pike13 works very well for our 85+ swim school franchise. User-friendly and quick learning curve!

Reviewed 2018-03-16

The software is very user friendly and has a quick learning curve for new users. Scheduling classes, managing multiple locations, processing automatic recurring billing for tuition, and booking recurring appointments are at the top of the list. Having the ability to see class openings across the week allows staff to quickly sell enrollments to new and existing customers. Scheduling new classes is a simple process with just a few clicks. Customizing memberships is also a simple process and billing is automatic. Pike13's Customer Service is outstanding and they really listen to feedback from their clients.

Kevin Engelbrecht

What I LIKE about PIKE!

Reviewed 2018-09-27

Pike 13 (in particular the support team) have been first-class and first-rate since day 1. The ease of use and the highly-customized features and benefits make me feel like the entire platform was designed personally for me. Customer service makes me feel as if it was designed only for me. Excellent product. Pike 13 helps me stay engaged in the business of making money (not sitting and staring at a computer trying to get the software aligned with my goals- like so many other products). Pike 13 allows me maximum effectiveness with my clients and business goals.High-level functionality and effectiveness made simple. Ease of use makes staff training expedites their ability to utilize benefits right away. Ability to customize plans and passes. Reporting capabilities.

Jeramiah Jordan

Pretty good, a bit overpriced.

Reviewed 2018-12-07

Pike 13 is super intuitive and easy to use. If it has the function, you'll be able to find it and utilize it rather easily. Customer service was always quick to respond to my needs, although it was limited to emails only -- no call center.

Ilias Benz

Review from a Salsa school owner

Reviewed 2016-04-11

I tested many management systems and my final choice was Front Desk. The main reason is that the front end and back end are well thought out and well layout. It doesn't take university level training to run this platform. It was made to be simple first. When testing some other platforms i would get lost in the setup process and I'm very knowledgeable of all tech stuff... The sales staff and support staff is uber friendly and you always get the impression you're calling a friend.... Here in Quebec we have bilingual costumers. The system doesn't allow on the costumer side to pick their language. Once you pick your language all the system will reflect that language. This is an issue for some of our costumers and this could be a cool options to offer in the near future. Also, some of the french translation are bizarre and inaccurate' and some sections aren't fully translated. There's some annoying bugs ( i already sent all this to their support team) 1. Locations don't display correctly this is confusing for my customers... Its been a couple of months and it hasn't been fixed... We have 3 locations and sometimes the incorrect location would show up on the client sent bills... I always get confused clients calls) 2. Not having a direct call line was a problem sometimes... 3. Bugs are fixed a little slow to my liking. 4. The selling enrollment layout on the admin side is just a mess' we have about 40 enrollments that we sell and they are organized randomly' we can't manually organize them either' so every time we sell stuff we have to go one by one' we loose a lot of time doing this. 5. There's no possibility to show and make a client accept terms and conditions in enrollments' its possible in classes but not enrollments' don't understand why? Pros Friendly customer service Ease of use Easy to setup Clear Apple like layout Cons No possibility to call... They will call you if you request' Email support sometimes slow to respond more than 48 hours Follow up on bugs is somewhat shaky.. sometimes I wouldn't get a return email 95% of our clients didn't sign the Docusign waiver upon registering' so the implementation of this option is not great More bugs than I expected Future wants Capacity to segment each class in man and women section. Very use full when you run a latin dance school ( Mindbody gives you this option by putting a lead and follow option to each class )

Drew Ragan

Solid Platform

Reviewed 2017-01-05

Front Desk HQ has an amazing team of support specialists that are incredibly responsive and patient with their customers. I just recently made a big transition with my strength and nutrition business and wouldn't have been able to make the switch if not for the expert team of professionals who assisted me throughout the process. It's honestly not as much about the software as it is about the people. I find the software requiring some workarounds

Greg Hetherington

Success with FrontDesk

Reviewed 2016-08-24

Allows us to automate processes that normally require hours of Labour. Best user interface on the market and none of their competitors come close to the end user experience as Front Desk has. -User Interface -Intuitiveness -Customization of appearance -Logical approach to page progressions from the front and back end of the software

JT Williamson

Pike13 works well for us

Reviewed 2018-09-05

It's been great. I think I've been a client for at least 4 years or so. Great customer service and an overall ease of use. Thanks, guys. I love the look. It fits very well with the layout of our website. Customer service is always awesome and is always right on with their "fixes" and have even helped me with work arounds that they didn't initially have answers for.

Richard Pozzuto

Excellent software rich with features

Reviewed 2016-08-22

We've been using FD for 3 years and we have grown to rely on it and trust it. We especially like the thoughtfulness of features like time zone support that its competitors do NOT have.It is scalable and there is plenty of room for us to grow into it. The new bulk enrollment feature makes it easier than ever.

Serenity Harding

New User Review (1 year)

Reviewed 2018-09-25

For the amount of Clients and Staff we have, the program simplicity is much needed and great for our community. Customer Service and Set-up/Account Rep are quick to respond, friendly, and work with you to get things resolved. This is one of the main reasons we enjoy Pike13 for our business so far. Although we are waiting for some better feature/functionality developments to give it all 5 stars.Customer Service is superb and best in the business. Ease and simplicity in teaching staff and clients to use on front and back ends. Notices posted at the Top of Pike13 when developments/updates are coming.

Shannon Brasovan

Great Software. Improves our Business!

Reviewed 2016-08-22

Front Desk is awesome. Great, easy interface that maximizes the potential for our business. We have been able to manage our clients more efficiently and haven't even reached the tip of the iceberg on what we can do with the functionality. Easy to use. Great reporting. Extensive capacity on capabilities for varied business models. Makes life a heck of a lot easier!

Christian Möllenhoff

Great Yoga School Management Software

Reviewed 2016-08-22

In the past we have used a couple of other yoga studio management softwares, including Mind Body Online. A little more than a year ago we switched to Front Desk and we have never had second thoughts. This software is at the same time intuitive and powerful. - Easy to use and does what it is supposed to - An incredibly powerful integration with Mail Chimp that allows you to programme automated emails based on member/customer activity. - Great reporting - Customisable customer site / front end - PayPal integration

Amy Feltus

Front Desk Review

Reviewed 2016-08-23

As a FIT4MOM franchisee, Front Desk makes my life a lot easier than it otherwise would be, keeping track of scheduling, billing etc. Ease of setting up class schedules, client profiles, credit card billing.

Robert Ortega

Front Desk Review

Reviewed 2018-09-05

I use the system daily for membership management, product sales, and analytics. When I have an issue, I send an email to support and almost immediately get an email response saying my request was received. Then q direct me mail from a support engineer follows soon afterwards. I've used it for 2 years and rarely have any major issues. It is quite reliable and now with the mobile apps, makes using the system that much easier.Cloud based with extensive documentation and very reliable customer support.

Jordan Maynard

I love Front Desk!

Reviewed 2017-03-19

I spent months reading online reviews about scheduling softwares and I trialed dozens of them. Front Desk is the only software with huge flexibility, incredible customer support, and a Point of Sale system built in. There are many softwares that look enticing at the beginning, but once you get into the nuicences of running a business through them, you realize how important customer support is. Front Desk has a rockstar team based in Seattle that knows my business, has infinite patience, and has excellent communication skills. point of sale built in, ease of use, ability to schedule appointments, classes and courses, a simple app for smartphones, awesome and friendly customer service.

Jessica Flores

Weird Set up

Reviewed 2018-12-29

It's almost good. There are definitely things that need fixing, but they don't seem to care and are not evolving. I wish there was a customer service number though. I can't believe there is no way to get answers when you need them. Very disappointing. I do like the dashboard reporting. I can easily keep track of the money that comes in and any payments that fail, etc.

Brittnee Belt

Avoid... You will thank me later!

Reviewed 2018-10-05

I would not recommend Pike13 to anyone due to their poor customer service and their lack of respect for their clients. Booking Emails: I like the fact that the program sends booking emails on a regular basis. Parents like them for the reminders. Credit Card Processing: It has a nice feature built in that allows credit card processing. They did not tell me upfront that there is a monthly fee associated with it and then said "oh someone should have told you that." Once again, blame game. Documents: The docusign feature is a nice ad on. However, if you want to customize your form, good luck. Pike13 doesn't really want to help you on this and once again try to play the "stupid" card on it. Reports: The reports are nice if you can understand how to use them. They are kinda difficult to get around if your account manager does not explain them in detail.

Support 5 Stars - application needs more specific business functions

Reviewed 2017-02-16

I spent a great deal of time searching for a scheduling app for my music school. FD is the only one that fit into my business model. The BEST aspect is their customer support. This is the most important aspect of a software company.Reporting functionality and BEST Customer Service