Medical Mastermind Reviews

2.46/5 (13 reviews)

Marc Kayem

Horrible experience. Saw a 40% drop in gross income because of them.

Reviewed 2016-03-17
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Great initial demonstration. Actually had me convinced that this system would be good for us. I was fooled.

Cons
Horrible customer support. Always told that their support lines are closed (we are on Pacific Time, they are on East coast time). After 2 PM, zero support. No after hours support. Support team member's voice mails are always full. We started with them in October 2015, and I am writing this review in March 2016. You would figure that 4 months would be enough to get our billing working. My gross income has dropped by 40% (4 months prior to starting with them, compared to 4 months after starting with them). Their servers are on Central Time, so our wait times are always off by 2 hours (patients that are placed in a room have suddently been there for 120 min). There is absolutely no option to enter address for non-US patients. So if we have a non-US patient (which is not unusual for our practice), we have to enter our own business address, otherwise we can't close the visit for the patient. We were told this would be fixed soon (5 months ago). We have had major issues with billing, having been unable to get claims paid for Medicare Northern California. Their support staff were unable to figure out the problem, until my staff figured it out. They had the wrong PTAN number. When my staff tried to change it, they could not, as only the company could do that. When we called to get it changed, we were told our support was suspended because we did not make our final payment for the software. I tried calling them to let them know that our cash flow was almost non-existent because of being unable to bill insurance based on their errors, but I called at 1:55 PM PT, got only voice mail options, then when I tried calling back at 2 PM, had a new voice mailed that stated that they were closed! I am now at the point of wanting to call my credit card company to see if I can get reimbursed on the purchase price of this poor product.

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Kenneth Robertson

Nightmare on EMR street

Reviewed 2017-10-12
Review Source: Software Advice

Look for something else if you are interested in anything like quality improvement, PCMH, etc.

Pros
Very easy interface for entering patient data. Quick learning curve. Intuitive design along classic SOAP note format.

Cons
Very poor analytics and reporting from EMR Side. Not horrible from billing but not great there either. Performance nightmares abound due to poor infrastructure of remote servers.

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Anonymous

Medical Mastermind is a great system to get started with

Reviewed 2018-01-23

Pros
Medical Mastermind is very basic, easy to learn and use. It has a great interface and is very functional.

Cons
Customer service has been difficult to get ahold of and resolve issues we've had. The software itself works well but we have had trouble with the support staff.

Likelihood to recommend: 10/10

TARYN BLUNT

The software is adequate.

Reviewed 2018-03-08
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
This system is very user friendly. The categories to choose from are self explanatory. You do not have to do much clicking.

Cons
The reports are not that detailed. Customer service is hard to get answers from. You do not have the option to E-Scribe narcotics.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Gina Tyler

Nice Program

Reviewed 2018-07-20
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
It was fairly easy to use

Cons
I took a long time to get used to this program

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Amber Chung

Customer service has gone down the drain

Reviewed 2016-04-12
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
The software itself it pretty good. Very functional.

Cons
Customer service used to be fantastic until they got bought out. Now calls go to voicemail but no one calls you back.

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Philip Ruzbarsky

Four and a half years without a shred of support or a hint of version/progamming change to address a multitude of issues.

Reviewed 2018-12-21
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Like a bad marital relationship...she's all I have. The pro is that I wouldn't have to deal with another change.

Cons
Almost every workflow program seems to have been written to punish intuitive, productive physicians and reward hack practitioners.

Azam Baig

I have been stuck with this system for the past 5 years. The whole company is bad

Reviewed 2017-06-22
Review Source: Software Advice

Stay away from this system

Pros
Does not go down often able to accommodate multiple offices Can't think of any other positives. The sales guy was good

Cons
Horrible loading speed horrible support No way to speed up this computer. Loads each screen after 30 seconds.

Chris Decker

Much Better Programs Out There!

Reviewed 2018-08-28
Review Source: Software Advice

There are much better programs out there that do the same thing and are less expensive. Keep looking!

Pros
The system was very easy to use. Simple to get started with and get set up. The SOAP note format worked for us.

Cons
The speed was super slow.The reports were not the best - they did not create a lot of detail we needed. Our employee who was in charge said customer service was lacking.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

TARYN BLUNT

Just started in January

Reviewed 2017-05-11
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
I just started in my position in Jan of 2017. They have been using the software for 3 years. I have been able to teach myself how to use all the other programs I have used. I was not able to do so with this system

Cons
Not user friendly. You have to click on many screens just to find out what day an insurance paid, posted, and any comments on the account.

Christine Decker

Don't use this

Reviewed 2018-05-17
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Used this as a trial. It was easy to use. It was functional enough. It uses the classic SOAP notes as a guide which can be helpful for new therapists.

Cons
The support was not useful or helpful at all. It was hard getting any help. Loading time was so long. Not user friendly - had to click all over the place to get different data.

Siddesh Raj

Medical practice management solution

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-05-29
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
This is a great software for people or business looking to manage the medical practice records and keep them updated.

Cons
Even though it offer wire range of features it is expensive to use it and also it needs to link to cloud platform.

Likelihood to recommend: 10/10

SR Cahill

Run, don't walk.

Reviewed 2015-02-05

Worst experience in 30 years of healthcare management. No support. Nothing good to say here.