ActivTrak Reviews

Pros

I loved the user interface and the ease of learning it. The customer service is good and it's a full-featured system.

Gavin M.

Very positive, covers all the expected functionality of a product like this with some good additions.

Mark H.

Overall the tool is great for tracking employes. With clean interface and good pricing.

Cons

The initial installation and configuration process is too long and causes trouble with some of our staff.

I would like the software to have suggested lists for websites to block or trigger an alarm known to contain malware or commonly blocked by other businesses.

Jonathan R.

At the check out you find out you have to pay a price higher than advertised.

Kimberly H.

Its great to see what your employees see!

Transcript

Speaker 1: My name is Rachel. I'm a service delivery coordinator and I give ActivTrak a one out of five....

Good service but not for companies less than 5 people.

Transcript

Kimberly H.: Hi, my name's Kim. I am a freelancer in the technical field. I give ActivTrak a four. And...

My opinion

I'm very happy, never run in any error and the agent program is constantly updated

Pros

ActivTrak is a powerful tool for businesses. You can watch live the efficiency of every employee, if and were their are wasting their time on internet and very discreet. You have all the data in a simple web page with a lot of option and statistics for every user.

Cons

The first time you login in the dashboard, its a little weird and you need some time to find everything, how to activate account and change the settings. The installation while is very fast and easy, sometimes is blocked from antivirus programs

ActivTrak - Excellent software to aid in compliance and InsiderThreat

So far, we've been thoroughly pleased with the software.

Pros

ActivTrak gave us further insight as to what our staff really does throughout the day, applications they run, and aid with compliance.

Cons

Categorizing sites and applications takes a bit, but I don't see another way around it.

A BPO Essential Tool

I would say that its worth its price. Ever since we started our Work From Home set up, managing the team has been made easy by ActivTrak. We are able to monitor our team's activities as it relates to their productivity and we are able to keep our word to our clients about protecting their data and prevent any data security breaches.

Pros

I love how it integrates productivity tracking and security in one platform. This is the tool to help you manage your company effectively especially for outsourcing companies like us. It tracks the productivity of our offshore team and generates a comprehensive report that could help assess a staff or a team's needs in their operational day to day activities.

Cons

None. I would say that the features offered by ActivTrak are functional and beneficial. This makes sense because they are open for suggestions and they conduct webinars from time to time where they provide information about a new feature and gather information about what could possibly be a helpful feature in the future.

Good service but not for companies less than 5 people.

I really liked the services but felt lied to when the free trial was over. At the check out you find out you have to pay a price higher than advertised.

Pros

Good service, easy to use and lots of nice features. I really would have like to use this services. It was my first choice and would have use it if not for the cost.

Cons

You shows a good price per users but when you go to subscribe it requires minimum of five users. I only needed one user which made the price was very high for me.

ActivTrak

Aside from being a great product, ActivTrak has excellent support. So many times, support disappears as soon as a sale is made. Not here. They follow through on every question and make sure things are done right.

Pros

I love how comprehensive this software is. It provides a detailed picture of a user's activity. We can get screenshots of their workstation as well as categorizing the time spent during the workday. It gives us everything we are looking for.

Cons

We are not exactly excited about it's pricing structure. There are so many benefits though. It is a minor issue for us.

Tracking and Visibiltiy

Activtrak is a great tool. During the pandemic it gave us visibility to user activity and continues to assist us daily in process improvement

Pros

Activtrak gives management and users the ability to see what they are viewing as well as KPI Reporting to track productivity of users so that evaluations can be made of how to improve a user or particular positions productivity.

Cons

Inability to import activtrack users. Upgrading to a newer version sometimes loses the continuity for a person.

Definitely worth a luck.

Pros

The software is easy to configure and setup. This made it quick and simple to roll out to all of our users quickly and efficiently.

Cons

You can get a few false positive warnings and the interface in some places is not always intuitive.

Easy to use and effective productivity monitoring

We have had several employees who were unproductive in the last year. Some were job searching while on the clock or simply engaging in personal web surfing and social media when they were supposed to be working. I was only able to confirm this activity after the employee was terminated. Two such experiences in a row convinced me that I needed to be able to monitor employee computer activity in real time so that I could identify these issues and address them before the employee cost us thousands of dollars in lost funding and missed opportunities. Since we are a small nonprofit organization, I needed an affordable solution, one that can be administered without an IT department. ActivTrak has been the perfect solution. Easy to use, simple to administer and feature rich.

Pros

ActivTrak is very simple to use. It is easy to install and does the job of monitoring productivity effectively. I like the screen shot feature and the ability to easily identify productive versus unproductive sites. ActivTrak also offers a plan for every pocketbook. It is well worth the money to ensure that employees are doing their jobs.

Cons

There is nothing not to like about ActivTrak. It does everything I need it to do.

Remote workers held accountable

Pros

I appreciate the productive vs non-productive break down of hours. Activ trak is a great tool with many uses not just "big brother" tracking, but assists the sales team be aware of areas of improvement in their productivity. I personally use the screenshot history on a daily basis.

Cons

Training on the use of activ trak could use improving. It was really up to me to learn to navigate through the reporting features. However support has been very available to assist me through all of my questions.

Awesome Product!

Overall, my experience with ActiveTrak has been a good one. The setup and installation was easy. Customer Service is always willing to help and the data I received is phenomenal.

Pros

Easy to use, Customer Service is always willing to help, Incredible data, Flexible

Cons

I wish the Team Pulse screen would default to Users instead of Groups.

From the initial download to the first use, it was so easy and intuitive.

Productivity is always hard to measure, but this software makes it easy to see what programs or websites are consuming or distracting from our work goals. I don't like to use it as a spy tool. I prefer to use it to troubleshoot areas for improvement. Or use the screenshots to see when an error or crash occurs to see the events that lead up to the software fail. This is a GREAT troubleshooter option, see what the station saw. Love that it can be accessed from remote seamlessly.

Pros

The easy interface and how easy it is to code applications and website as productive or non-productive. It gives a GREAT picture of the productivity of the workstations. I like that it can block websites as well with one caveat (see cons). I will say this blocker is 100% effective, where websites blocked by the router can be accessed using an alternate method. The Screenshots are helpful, not...

Cons

When you block a website, it is always blocked. I would like to release the block during non-business hours. For instance, if my employees want to check their emails, Facebook, I have no problem with them doing this before work, after work or during lunch. I did load my work hours into the system, but tech support said right now it an "always" block. I don't want to have to come in and turn the blocks on and off manually. Other than that, this is the best program I have found.

It allows me to monitor what my kids are doing on the Internet which is invaluable these days

I allows me to closely monitor my children's PC usage to keep them out of trouble and on track with their school work.

Pros

Given the heft price I like the fact that there's a free version of the software. From a feature perspective I like the ability to see a history of screenshots and the ability to monitor usage real-time. I also like the new feature that was recently added that allows me to easily exclude people I do not want to monitor. Another really great thing about this product is not the product itself, but the technical support team that supports it. The quality of help I received and the timeliness of responses was absolutely awesome!

Cons

The thing I like least is the price. As a non-business user I'd be willing to pay a reasonable price for the software, but the current price is simply way too high for the ability to monitor my children's PC usage. Sure, it's important to me as a parent, but not at the current price. I have mentioned this software (as well as other phone monitoring software) to other parents and I'm confident if...

Free team activity tracking with highly detailed reporting.

I am using for all of my 3 team members and now I can see how many time they have wasted on social media. It is a great tool to check on your team member on their efficiency. Free team activity tracking with highly detailed reporting.Free team activity tracking with highly detailed reporting.

Pros

The dashboard is very well organised and shows exactly what needed. All the charts and statistics are very well organised and you can see where time is wasting. Activtrak helps me to check the efficiency of my team. I was having difficulty to finish my projects and need to check my team's performance. It is easy to set up and give accurate result most of the time. The screenshot is somehow controversial...

Cons

For and PC it suddenly takes lots of memory and starts sending lots of packet to my default ethernet unused ports. I have to uninstall it or use wifi for internet connection. I am still waiting for my IT support staff to show up and solve this problem.

Best Monitoring Software, Period.

Quick and easy reporting about employee activity on work computers. Specifically, productivity, activity log and real time screen viewing.

Pros

ActivTrak does everything you need and nothing you don't. It's user friendly, visually appealing and robust. Additionally, they release the most updates of any related software. I have tried more than six applications for this purpose and theirs is the best.

Cons

The software has a tendency to create multiple "users" (people you are tracking) for the same person. One record for the computer, another for their associated Windows/Chrome identity and sometimes others if they have multiple user accounts on the same computer. This can cause you to have 3 or more user records to track for a single person. You can group them together and use an alias, which is great, but the overall number of users reporting will affect your billing plan.

The paid service is worth every penny, and the free trial saved me thousands of dollars

Increased employee productivity and decreased employee turnover. Our employees know we monitor their workstations, so they behave and don't misuse our IT resources. That's one less reason to fire them.

Pros

Easy of installation and use, cloud hosting, and browser access from anywhere in the planet. The price is also reasonable. The free trial saved us thousands of dollars in wasted wages. We suspected that one young law clerk was squandering our time and resources because of his low productivity. Three hours after we started monitoring his workstation (with the free trial) we fired him on the spot. We then implemented ActivTrak firm-wide (with prior announcement) and everyone is being honest on their workstations. Trust but verify.

Cons

I wish we could adjust the speed of the screenshot "slide show". It's painfully slow right now. Also, allow us to name the rules. Some of the rules can get convoluted, and two months later we forget what they're supposed to do. Other than those nitpicks, I think this software is brilliant.

Get employee productivity back on track.

With all the distractions from social media, streaming video, etc. employees can be tempted to waste a lot of time on the clock on unproductive activities when they believe no one is watching. This software is proving invaluable in restoring operator productivity and preventing restricted activities on company computer equipment that could result in viruses as well as wasting network bandwidth.

Pros

Two main features that have been the most helpful are first, the ability to easily create custom alarm triggers along with personalized popup messages to the offending PC/operator. As soon as the employees realize the activities are being watched and flagged they immediately cleaned up their act. Second, the ability to produce a screen shot at timed intervals and upon trigger of an alarm allows us to paint a clear picture of what activities employees are wasting the most time doing as well as spot activities that may not easily trigger an alarm but are restricted based on company policy.

Cons

Difficulty to find fault with this system. The only issue we have encountered was a bug in the Mac version of the agent software. Customer service was very helpful and responsive.

Features are impeccably accurate and in line with the advertised elements

Pros

The ability to monitor employees’ and their workstations through a single interface is an upgrade in my work area. Time tracking and productivity analysis have helped me greatly in my work and are currently my favorite features out of all the great features of Activtrak. I have tried other software with similar promoted features but it slows the system down, with ActivTrak, the system works well and there seems to be no lag period. It is great.

Cons

A live feed of the employees’ screen is not available. It would be a great addition if features include live feed because as of now, screenshots are just available.

Management

I have a 50/50 opinion of ActivTrak. I think it could be very beneficial to our agency. The ease of reports is not user friendly. Simple access to reports would benefit me.

Pros

I like the fact of the tracking of the employees and seeing who is working overall.

Cons

I think the teaching of reports should be better. I know how to see about burn out but that is not what I am looking for.

ActivTrak for Family Monitoring

Overall, it's been simple and easy to install and it doesn't seem to have any performance hit on the computers. Still working out some kinks in how to actually get exactly the info that I need, however.

Pros

ActivTrak is easy to install, free (for my use), and lightweight. I have it installed on the family computer so that I can track my kids' time and then categorize it. We have a system where they get rewards in the form of poker chips and then can spend them on things... like screen time. But I need to be able to differentiate between when they are on their computers doing something worthwhile (like Khan Academy) for which they are not charged any chips and then they are watching YouTube videos or playing Fortnite. That's what ActivTrak let's me do.

Cons

It took me a while to figure out how to get the kind of reports that I wanted out of the system. (I tried making my own based on the logs, first, and that didn't go well at all.) There are still segments of the reports that I don't understand, like an hour belonging to "system processes" or something like that. I think if I spend the effort I'll be able to categorize things like I want them to a little more automatically, but it takes a bit of effort.

ActivTrak - Computer usage tracking solved

Productivity monitoring is the main purpose the software has been used in my organization. It does this quite well. Based on computer usage statistics provided by ActivTrak, corporate firewall rules can be adjusted to address productivity concerns.

Pros

This software is very easy to use and very easy to configure. A very small agent can be installed without a trace, even to the technically savvy. The web-based console does a great job with reporting up-to-date computer usage statics as well as screen shots in real-time. It does exactly what it is designed to do - see and record computer usage. Usage statistics are broken down by application/category which is helpful in determining productivity.

Cons

There isn't much to dislike about the software as it does what it intends to do quite well. The only difficulty I have experienced is the removal of the agent when a system falls out of the scope of monitoring.

With some product development, it could become a valuable product for basis of billing

I tried it for a few days, then gave up as it is not meant for what I wanted to use it for.

Pros

I liked that it really did track all of my computer usage seamlessly.

Cons

I found the way to categorize different applications a too cumbersome on one hand and lacking in sufficient detail on other. I wanted to use this software to accurately track how much time I spend on each customer so I would have a proven basis for billing. It is not what it is originally meant for, but the billing activity tracking apps available require too much constant involvement and I hoped...

It does the job, monitor activities and block websites.

I did not use it for business. I use it for kids computer activities monitor. It works ok overall, since I can monitor what kids doing on internet.

Pros

1. it can save the screenshot to see what exactly the actives are. 2. it can maintain a block website list.

Cons

The website block is only working on the main domain, the root website, like www.google.com. It is better to add a sub-website block. For example, we don't want to block google website; but some game under google.com need to be blocked. Now we cannot do that.

Out of all the systems, we tested. ActivTrak was the most user-friendly and best overall.

Increase productivity in the office and hold my employees accountable.

Pros

The software allows you to see real-time screenshots of the users your tracking. It can also block certain websites and show a pop-up. It has very advanced features but the overlay of the system is completely easy to use anyone can understand it. You can set up alarms to notify you of "unproductive" websites being viewed and with this feature we have 100% reduced the amount of unproductive website viewing.

Cons

The only con we have with this program is that you are not able to have a constant live stream of your employee's computer. It gives you live screenshots but not a live feed.

It helped track my employees in stealth mode. I can judge behavior of my employees and keep eye on.

peace of mind about progress of my employees.

Pros

Recent screen shots help get overview at a glance about what your employees doing. One can monitor from anywhere or on the go. website blocking is very easy and its very difficult for employees to track whats going on their system. For home users its free to monitor 3 computers with enough data

Cons

Price is bit high as compared to other solutions. Also paying annually is also a paid and they don't offer monthly payment options

Very Good Monitoring

Pros

This is the kind of software that sensitive companies need to protect themselves, their data and their employees. The very nature of this software is stealth. Users will never know that they're being watched (that is if that's the way you want it set up). The reporting is excellent and very in-depth and detailed.

Cons

Hard to uninstall. Because it doesn't work like conventional software, the removal (at least the first time) is kind of a chore.