ActivTrak Reviews

ActivTrak

Contextual User Activity Monitoring

4.63/5 (472 reviews)

Pros
  • This software is quite impressive for tracking how computer time is used in our organization. I would highly recommend it to anyone who might want to improve productivity.Gary D.Read the full review
  • One of your consultants contact me to know if I am happy and getting on well with the program so it is a Pro that customer service is so good. I am a very happy customer.Carina H.Read the full review
  • ActivTrak is amazing as it also tracks browsing histories and productivity of employees. Its layout is simple which is a great feature if you want an organized type of software.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
Cons
  • The software has helped us identify two users who were wasting company resources and even one doing inappropriate things based on an H/R standpoint.Jerry L.Read the full review
  • At the beginning it seemed a little confusing to browse in the analytics interface, however it was slowing down a computer where I had it installed, where it advertised it wouldn't slow anything down.Chris C.Read the full review
  • In a global culture where Facebook is in question to jeopardized the user demo-graphical data and loosing the passwords; It's scary to see these options by default ON.Manoj N.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Richard Rouchas

My opinion

Reviewed 2018-11-30

I'm very happy, never run in any error and the agent program is constantly updated

Pros
ActivTrak is a powerful tool for businesses. You can watch live the efficiency of every employee, if and were their are wasting their time on internet and very discreet. You have all the data in a simple web page with a lot of option and statistics for every user.

Cons
The first time you login in the dashboard, its a little weird and you need some time to find everything, how to activate account and change the settings. The installation while is very fast and easy, sometimes is blocked from antivirus programs

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Senad Hadzic

Very useful product

Reviewed 2020-05-12

It's very easy to start using software 5 minutes after installation. Reports and analysis potential are huge and alarming options above my expectations. We got the information about employees productivity that helped us optimize work for everyone to feel and work better.

Pros
Easy to start and install, easy to navigate and everything is intuitive from the start. Reports are VERY detailed and show you everything you need and some more.

Cons
Uninstall could be solved better. E.G. If you are using version 8 and you need to uninstall it, you first have to update with new version and then uninstall. There is no auto-update for MAC.

Anonymous

Active Trak has been a good basic app. It does not do the things we want it to do overall.

Reviewed 2018-01-15

Being able to register quickly

Pros
That it was available when we needed it. We needed an application that we could use almost right away. Active gave us that option.

Cons
Support, I also do not like that we still are unable to do things we wanted to do from the beginning 3 years ago.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Robert Ortiz

ActivTrak - An Extremely Valuable Tool

Reviewed 2020-04-01

Due to the Covid-19 we had to reduce the number of accounts that we had originally signed up for. The ActivTrak team took the time to personally reach out to me in order to resolve the issue. They went above and beyond and honestly exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend using this product as an activity and employee monitoring tool.

Pros
ActivTrak is extremely easy to install and simple to use. Most of my initial issues were easily resolved by adjusting the settings. For the first few weeks we had our employees manually log their hours and activity so that we could compare it to the data in ActivTrak. We wanted to see if there were any discrepancies that we needed to address as we transitioned our employees to work remotely. Once properly configured we have found that it is an extremely useful and very accurate product.

Cons
The cons that we initially experienced where due to user error and not the product itself.

Victor Rieger

ActivTrac from a owner, manager and user perspective

Reviewed 2020-05-04

So far it has been very good. I need to do some additional research and set-up power BI to establish a dashboard with KPI's for each person, division, and office.

Pros
I can allow my employees to work flexible hours and from home and still be assured that I am getting the hours that I am paying for. I can attend to accusations by investigating accusations (booking time on projects and not doing the work) and what actually happened. The employee can compare his perceived productivity vs actual productivity.

Cons
The fact that you cannot allocate time away from your computer. We have a lot of meetings, site visits, travel time, and even leave that I would like to capture.

Cesar Contreras

Monitoreo activo

Reviewed 2020-05-04

La efectividad laboral puede ser llevada al 100% con este software. Y es lo que esperamos que pase.

Pros
Excelente software para el monitoreo constante y activo de empleados. Muy muy completo, podemos ver desde capturas de pantalla hasta el tecleo que se ejecute en la pc. Es muy efectivo a la hora de querer poner algo de orden y disciplina en las horas de trabajo de los empleados.

Cons
Tiene funciones para monitorear absolutamente todo, la verdad me parece excelente programa.

Lisha Miles

Great Product, Great Service

Reviewed 2020-03-02

The service received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was has been outstanding. We are in different time zones and he really went out of his way to assist me. Well done.

Pros
Would definitely be the alert and so easy to use. The user pop-ups when certain sites are hit is also key to increasing productivity.

Cons
The software is great as it is but still early days, i may find that i seek a few additional features at a later point.

Chakravarthi Satish

ActivTrak

Reviewed 2020-03-12

I like to thank [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. His email communication was excellent & Special thanks for the best discount.

Pros
Product was very easy to install and quickly it reflected the user in Dashboard. Very effective and powerful.

Cons
Just a week using the product & did not find any cons till now.

Tracking employees made easy

Reviewed 2020-03-29

Overall the tool is great for tracking employes. With clean interface and good pricing.

Pros
ActivTrak is very good at what it does. Really like that only the administrator can uninstall it. Good value at good price.

Cons
The initial installation and configuration process is too long and causes trouble with some of our staff.

Andrey Rusev

Helps to increase productivity

Reviewed 2019-11-29

We needed a tool showing what people are doing and when.

Pros
It helped us to uncover hidden productivity bad habits that we may not be aware of and then to optimize out team work and organization.

Cons
It would be great if there is more customization options such as to customize the application names.

Derek Devers

From the initial download to the first use, it was so easy and intuitive.

Reviewed 2018-02-07

Productivity is always hard to measure, but this software makes it easy to see what programs or websites are consuming or distracting from our work goals. I don't like to use it as a spy tool. I prefer to use it to troubleshoot areas for improvement. Or use the screenshots to see when an error or crash occurs to see the events that lead up to the software fail. This is a GREAT troubleshooter option, see what the station saw. Love that it can be accessed from remote seamlessly.

Pros
The easy interface and how easy it is to code applications and website as productive or non-productive. It gives a GREAT picture of the productivity of the workstations. I like that it can block websites as well with one caveat (see cons). I will say this blocker is 100% effective, where websites blocked by the router can be accessed using an alternate method. The Screenshots are helpful, not as a spy tool, but in determining errors when one of our programs is having trouble, we can see the error screen the operator saw through the screenshots. Great troubleshooting. Screenshots also let me assist the operator when I am in a remote location, I can see what they are asking and assist quicker than actually remoting into the workstation for minor questions. EVERY INTERACTION WITH THIS PROVIDER HAS BEEN MORE THAN EXCELLENT, and they are eager to help and take suggestions and criticism to assist or improve their already great product. You are not alone after you download or purchase. Another good feature is on the workstation the program runs in the background and is completely invisible to workstation, it doesn't slow the system down, nor cause the workstation any troubles.

Cons
When you block a website, it is always blocked. I would like to release the block during non-business hours. For instance, if my employees want to check their emails, Facebook, I have no problem with them doing this before work, after work or during lunch. I did load my work hours into the system, but tech support said right now it an "always" block. I don't want to have to come in and turn the blocks on and off manually. Other than that, this is the best program I have found.

Mark Linkmeyer

It allows me to monitor what my kids are doing on the Internet which is invaluable these days

Reviewed 2018-01-12

I allows me to closely monitor my children's PC usage to keep them out of trouble and on track with their school work.

Pros
Given the heft price I like the fact that there's a free version of the software. From a feature perspective I like the ability to see a history of screenshots and the ability to monitor usage real-time. I also like the new feature that was recently added that allows me to easily exclude people I do not want to monitor. Another really great thing about this product is not the product itself, but the technical support team that supports it. The quality of help I received and the timeliness of responses was absolutely awesome!

Cons
The thing I like least is the price. As a non-business user I'd be willing to pay a reasonable price for the software, but the current price is simply way too high for the ability to monitor my children's PC usage. Sure, it's important to me as a parent, but not at the current price. I have mentioned this software (as well as other phone monitoring software) to other parents and I'm confident if the price was in the sub $100 range, you'd sell a LOT of licenses to parents! Add support for monitoring Apple and Android phone usage for the same price and you'd be amazed how many you'd sell to parents. All parents I talk to are looking for these capabilities. Of course, the other limitation I'd like to see changed is the fact that the screenshots are only captured when a screen is shown for 20 secs. I know this is a limitation of the free version. Again, I'd be willing to pay for the ability to specify the cadence of screenshots, but not at the current price.

Debjit Biswas

Free team activity tracking with highly detailed reporting.

Reviewed 2019-05-20

I am using for all of my 3 team members and now I can see how many time they have wasted on social media. It is a great tool to check on your team member on their efficiency. Free team activity tracking with highly detailed reporting.Free team activity tracking with highly detailed reporting.

Pros
The dashboard is very well organised and shows exactly what needed. All the charts and statistics are very well organised and you can see where time is wasting. Activtrak helps me to check the efficiency of my team. I was having difficulty to finish my projects and need to check my team's performance. It is easy to set up and give accurate result most of the time. The screenshot is somehow controversial as it takes some of my teams working code and upload to the server. I am not a big fan of screenshot taking as it is very vulnerable to my coding and content, But sometimes it is useful to have as proof. It is a good way to see team members are working or playing games or using social media. The reporting option is vast and has most of the important things. I love how simple the setup is, no server set up. Just install and I can now see the stats and control from a web browser. No technician needed.

Cons
For and PC it suddenly takes lots of memory and starts sending lots of packet to my default ethernet unused ports. I have to uninstall it or use wifi for internet connection. I am still waiting for my IT support staff to show up and solve this problem.

Brandon Scivolette

Best Monitoring Software, Period.

Reviewed 2018-02-06

Quick and easy reporting about employee activity on work computers. Specifically, productivity, activity log and real time screen viewing.

Pros
ActivTrak does everything you need and nothing you don't. It's user friendly, visually appealing and robust. Additionally, they release the most updates of any related software. I have tried more than six applications for this purpose and theirs is the best.

Cons
The software has a tendency to create multiple "users" (people you are tracking) for the same person. One record for the computer, another for their associated Windows/Chrome identity and sometimes others if they have multiple user accounts on the same computer. This can cause you to have 3 or more user records to track for a single person. You can group them together and use an alias, which is great, but the overall number of users reporting will affect your billing plan.

Jose Pineda

The paid service is worth every penny, and the free trial saved me thousands of dollars

Reviewed 2017-06-28

Increased employee productivity and decreased employee turnover. Our employees know we monitor their workstations, so they behave and don't misuse our IT resources. That's one less reason to fire them.

Pros
Easy of installation and use, cloud hosting, and browser access from anywhere in the planet. The price is also reasonable. The free trial saved us thousands of dollars in wasted wages. We suspected that one young law clerk was squandering our time and resources because of his low productivity. Three hours after we started monitoring his workstation (with the free trial) we fired him on the spot. We then implemented ActivTrak firm-wide (with prior announcement) and everyone is being honest on their workstations. Trust but verify.

Cons
I wish we could adjust the speed of the screenshot "slide show". It's painfully slow right now. Also, allow us to name the rules. Some of the rules can get convoluted, and two months later we forget what they're supposed to do. Other than those nitpicks, I think this software is brilliant.

Shane Christopherson

Get employee productivity back on track.

Reviewed 2018-11-30

With all the distractions from social media, streaming video, etc. employees can be tempted to waste a lot of time on the clock on unproductive activities when they believe no one is watching. This software is proving invaluable in restoring operator productivity and preventing restricted activities on company computer equipment that could result in viruses as well as wasting network bandwidth.

Pros
Two main features that have been the most helpful are first, the ability to easily create custom alarm triggers along with personalized popup messages to the offending PC/operator. As soon as the employees realize the activities are being watched and flagged they immediately cleaned up their act. Second, the ability to produce a screen shot at timed intervals and upon trigger of an alarm allows us to paint a clear picture of what activities employees are wasting the most time doing as well as spot activities that may not easily trigger an alarm but are restricted based on company policy.

Cons
Difficulty to find fault with this system. The only issue we have encountered was a bug in the Mac version of the agent software. Customer service was very helpful and responsive.

Anonymous

Features are impeccably accurate and in line with the advertised elements

Reviewed 2018-10-11

Pros
The ability to monitor employees’ and their workstations through a single interface is an upgrade in my work area. Time tracking and productivity analysis have helped me greatly in my work and are currently my favorite features out of all the great features of Activtrak. I have tried other software with similar promoted features but it slows the system down, with ActivTrak, the system works well and there seems to be no lag period. It is great.

Cons
A live feed of the employees’ screen is not available. It would be a great addition if features include live feed because as of now, screenshots are just available.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Nathaniel Givens

ActivTrak for Family Monitoring

Reviewed 2018-10-02

Overall, it's been simple and easy to install and it doesn't seem to have any performance hit on the computers. Still working out some kinks in how to actually get exactly the info that I need, however.

Pros
ActivTrak is easy to install, free (for my use), and lightweight. I have it installed on the family computer so that I can track my kids' time and then categorize it. We have a system where they get rewards in the form of poker chips and then can spend them on things... like screen time. But I need to be able to differentiate between when they are on their computers doing something worthwhile (like Khan Academy) for which they are not charged any chips and then they are watching YouTube videos or playing Fortnite. That's what ActivTrak let's me do.

Cons
It took me a while to figure out how to get the kind of reports that I wanted out of the system. (I tried making my own based on the logs, first, and that didn't go well at all.) There are still segments of the reports that I don't understand, like an hour belonging to "system processes" or something like that. I think if I spend the effort I'll be able to categorize things like I want them to a little more automatically, but it takes a bit of effort.

Anonymous

With some product development, it could become a valuable product for basis of billing

Reviewed 2018-09-30

I tried it for a few days, then gave up as it is not meant for what I wanted to use it for.

Pros
I liked that it really did track all of my computer usage seamlessly.

Cons
I found the way to categorize different applications a too cumbersome on one hand and lacking in sufficient detail on other. I wanted to use this software to accurately track how much time I spend on each customer so I would have a proven basis for billing. It is not what it is originally meant for, but the billing activity tracking apps available require too much constant involvement and I hoped to get past that by tracking all my activity automatically and categorizing it to actual projects for billing. However, trying to categorize just few days of my computer usage, it was not just feasible idea. For example, I have gmail address for my personal as well as two different customer accounts, but there was no way to categorize them differently (hint - Title in web browser is different, but this cannot be used as basis for automatic categories).

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Brandon Bekhor

Out of all the systems, we tested. ActivTrak was the most user-friendly and best overall.

Reviewed 2018-01-15

Increase productivity in the office and hold my employees accountable.

Pros
The software allows you to see real-time screenshots of the users your tracking. It can also block certain websites and show a pop-up. It has very advanced features but the overlay of the system is completely easy to use anyone can understand it. You can set up alarms to notify you of "unproductive" websites being viewed and with this feature we have 100% reduced the amount of unproductive website viewing.

Cons
The only con we have with this program is that you are not able to have a constant live stream of your employee's computer. It gives you live screenshots but not a live feed.

ActivTrak - Computer usage tracking solved

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-10-12

Productivity monitoring is the main purpose the software has been used in my organization. It does this quite well. Based on computer usage statistics provided by ActivTrak, corporate firewall rules can be adjusted to address productivity concerns.

Pros
This software is very easy to use and very easy to configure. A very small agent can be installed without a trace, even to the technically savvy. The web-based console does a great job with reporting up-to-date computer usage statics as well as screen shots in real-time. It does exactly what it is designed to do - see and record computer usage. Usage statistics are broken down by application/category which is helpful in determining productivity.

Cons
There isn't much to dislike about the software as it does what it intends to do quite well. The only difficulty I have experienced is the removal of the agent when a system falls out of the scope of monitoring.

Richard Liang

It does the job, monitor activities and block websites.

Reviewed 2019-12-03

I did not use it for business. I use it for kids computer activities monitor. It works ok overall, since I can monitor what kids doing on internet.

Pros
1. it can save the screenshot to see what exactly the actives are. 2. it can maintain a block website list.

Cons
The website block is only working on the main domain, the root website, like www.google.com. It is better to add a sub-website block. For example, we don't want to block google website; but some game under google.com need to be blocked. Now we cannot do that.

Muhammad Tasleem Qadri

It helped track my employees in stealth mode. I can judge behavior of my employees and keep eye on.

Reviewed 2018-07-03

peace of mind about progress of my employees.

Pros
Recent screen shots help get overview at a glance about what your employees doing. One can monitor from anywhere or on the go. website blocking is very easy and its very difficult for employees to track whats going on their system. For home users its free to monitor 3 computers with enough data

Cons
Price is bit high as compared to other solutions. Also paying annually is also a paid and they don't offer monthly payment options

Michael Dos Santos

Very Good Monitoring

Reviewed 2019-03-23

Pros
This is the kind of software that sensitive companies need to protect themselves, their data and their employees. The very nature of this software is stealth. Users will never know that they're being watched (that is if that's the way you want it set up). The reporting is excellent and very in-depth and detailed.

Cons
Hard to uninstall. Because it doesn't work like conventional software, the removal (at least the first time) is kind of a chore.

Ruth Cohen

Free version works well as accountability software

Reviewed 2018-05-06

Pros
Although it's not designed to be an accountability program, I've found the free version to be perfect for my needs. I can download it on up to 3 devices and send weekly emails to any number of people with a detailed report of what websites and programs have been accessed. Clicking on a website/program takes you to a screen with more details, and you can easily navigate to see the screenshots of what exactly the user was doing on the site.

Cons
The data limit is only 3 GB for the free version, and you have to delete it all or nothing, you can't keep certain screenshots etc.