Indeed Logo

Indeed

Mobile applicant tracking, recruiting & job board

Indeed Reviews

4.5

7.3K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.67/10

Reviews by rating

This are a application it is give you good opportunity for you carrere best job opportunity easily and comfortable i got job by this application in rapipay as sales Executive.
My overall experience was amazing. I love Indeed it is a awesome website to find jobs on.
Indeed is a good online portal for candidates to search for jobs and recruiters to find the best talent available in the market.
There are companies that will spam you with requests. I ended up getting 50+ emails a day from a company and I really hated that.
This outrageous action has harmed my company by delaying our hiring process, damaging our relationship with potential staff and making us look unprofessional to potential employees.
That you cannot erase messages that have been sent that you can only archive these messages. That you can run into some fraudulent job offers on this site if your aware.

7,345 reviews

SB

Sheila B.

owner

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Indeed Review: Indeed Worked for Us!

Transcript

Speaker 1: Hi, my name is Sheila, and I am the owner for two businesses in Morehead City, North Carolina....

RK

Rob K.

COO

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Love this!

Transcript

Rob K.: Hi, my name is Rob. I am a director of development and I would give Indeed a five out of five...

Jeff I.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Great candidate search tool!

Indeed has been amazing at saving me time in sorting through potential candidates and the functionality has allowed me to be very specific in searching for candidate skill sets.

Pros

My experience has been that I’m able to find a deep and varied talent pool from which to seek candidates. I suspect some of this is due to the name recognition and broad use.

Cons

Although not my own experience, I’ve heard other users complain that the free version has limited access to details.

Andrew K.

Internet, 11-50 employees

Quality Hands-On Recruiting Tool

If your company does not have a lot of job openings on a regular basis, Indeed can be a very cost effective recruiting tool in lieu of hiring a full time staff member. The more time and money you are willing to invest in the application, the more beneficial it can be for your recruiting efforts. It is definitely a solid platform for reaching a larger pool of applicants for your position opening.

Pros

When posting job openings, Indeed allows you to be very specific about your minimum criteria for the position. It then gives you a breakdown of how each candidate matches against the criteria, which can save you some time sorting through various resumes. Indeed also allows you to be very specific about your monthly spend, which is important as you are charged a base fee for each candidate who applies for the position. One you reach your maximum spend for the month, Indeed automatically pauses your posting so that you do not go over budget. Its email and scheduling capabilities make it easy to set up interviews with candidates you feel are qualified for your open position.

Cons

Indeed has a large variety of options and filters available when posting a new position, which means you will probably spend a lot of time both setting up and maintaining your job posting. If you choose not to thoroughly set up your posting, you will receive a lot of applicants who are not specifically qualified for your open position, which means additional time sorting through resumes and communicating with applicants. While many of the process are automated, Indeed still requires someone to invest a significant amount sorting through resumes and cover letters.

VB

Victoria B.

Environmental Services, 51-200 employees

Not Price Effective

Indeed used to be great! However Indeed has just turned into a big bidding war, it seems you have to be willing to pay more and more each time for per click to get to the top of the list, which is unfortunate for small business's with limited budgets. Your job ads can not say plural words in the tile and body of the position descriptions, when all other applicant sites we use allow plural words/rates/locations in the description and title. This is frustrating and it seems like Indeed is hiking up it's prices left and right, and Indeed has just become to competitive price wise for our business to use it anymore. Indeed used to be our #1 site to go to, now we can not afford to use Indeed which is a bummer, because it did bring in a lot of traffic for us!

Pros

Indeed brought us lots of resume traffic, it definitely beat out other competitor sites as far as results and getting resumes and applicants though the door! Indeed is a well known name and the site is very easy to navigate!

Cons

Indeed was not easy to keep track of resumes that had been submitted, and I did not like that Indeed has so many restrictions on your job posts.

DM

Dezeray M.

Hospitality, 5,001-10,000 employees

Indeed Review

Pros

That it is another option for applying for jobs and seeing different postings/ different pool. ...

Cons

It seemed to only offer a specific category of jobs rather than a broad category based off my experience.

Tikisha S.

Banking, 10,001+ employees

Indeed Simplifies the job hunt

Overall, I feel Indeed was a great start up for me. I’ve landed a lot of great jobs on indeed & I would definitely recommend Indeed to any person that’s starting their career for entry level positions

Pros

What I like most about indeed is how it’s categorized for occupations & all the filters they offer when the job search activity. The resume build is really unique as well on how they save it to your profile & when you apply you can make any changes to it constantly, as well as choose if you want to omit any personal content information for each job.

Cons

We’ll unfortunately, I did not find Indeed was very help as my work history began to build over the years which brought me to the conclusion that this site is good for finding entry level jobs & supplemental income.

MV

Misty V.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Indeed is a good concept but needs modifications.

My overall experience was okay while hiring a few new hires. The setup and overall process for setup, posting, and tracking potential candidates was easy and indeed does have lots of advise and articles to assist.

Pros

My favorite features of Indeed for the hiring process are the skills test, communication, and applicant tracking. When posting for a new hire I was able to easily set requirements and add the questions either suggested or the custom one I created which helped to streamline the process.

Cons

The resume database is too easily accessed, anyone can create a free trial or paid account and there are no steps to prove you are legit and not a scammer. This hurts the overall process. It has caused a lot of mistrust in the community and allowed scammers to pretend to be our business we were made aware of this and someone was "interviewed" via the signal chat app. The scammers had told this person that they found their resume on Indeed.

Tim W.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

Know your candidates well

I like using Indeed. In fact, whenever we look for talent, it's the first app we go to. The free tier still allows us to put ourselves out there and there are a lot of potential candidates.

Pros

I like how Indeed allows you to make internal notes for every candidate and then track whether that person has applied before. As an employer, this helps me stay updated and informed every time. So when I message a candidate, all my responses are correct and on point. It also makes candidates feel like we did our job to really look into their applications.

Cons

I can't really complain much about the software. It's been really helpful to us.

Alejandro B.

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Great Product

Indeed is a very easy to use software dedicated to hiring or searching process to anyone interested.

Pros

This is the way to go on the hiring process or to search for a new opportunity. The program keeps you informed all the status process either hiring or searching.

Cons

Nothing really that I don't like from this software, can be better if in the hiring process the candidates can share an image of themselves.

kevin m.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Top job search and submission site.

The website is flawless but since this is the mobile age, I find that I use the mobile Android app more than the actual site since my phone is always with me. With alerts and notifications turned on, you're notified when something is available instantly!

Pros

As a former training specialist most of the new hires said they found the job on Indeed. This is very common as it has quickly become one of the most well known sites to find a job thanks to their fanbase and search criteria to really find something you're qualified for. You can search by education level for desired salary with more criteria being added all the time.

Cons

With the gig economy growing, it needs to be easier to find "remote" or "work from home jobs" but I feel like steps are being taken to improve this.

BT

Bradley T.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great product with easy user interface and features.

Indeed has provided us a great service with helping find the right candidate for the position we are looking to fill.

Pros

The product is very easy to use and makes finding the right candidate simple.

Cons

The process of searching through resumes could be simplified.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Best of talent acquisition programs

I have used Indeed both as a job seeker as well as a person looking for talent to add to a team. I find that even with the tiny issues, it is a fantastic first stop for reaching out for most mid-level and entry level positions, technical programs, and service/retail jobs. The ability to mark corporations that peak an individual's interest for the future coupled with the conversation ability with the hiring team makes this the most obvious source for acquiring new employees or locating a new job.

Pros

This software has become the norm for most people in the vast majority of professional and technical fields, but also has branched out to the retail and service sectors. The ease of use for the person seeking employment and the ability of hiring personnel to navigate to those people who fit criteria for their openings is second to none. Indeed allows people who are unfamiliar with constructing a resume...

Cons

Talent acquisition individuals can sometimes not recognize that they have already been directed to an individual and repeat an invitation to apply for a specific position. The only other issue I have found is that people without a resume who use the Indeed builder do not always recognize the need to update their information because they are not prompted.

Danielle A.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Our Go-To Job Board for Hires

Other than our inconsistencies with our previous account team, our experience has been as expected. Indeed is our go-to job board that we can count on to produce a hire.

Pros

Indeed is easy to use and their tracking/analytic data has improved over the years. I am extremely hands on and like to set up, pause, delete our own sponsored job campaigns which they allow you to do. Finally was able to get our jobs scraped from our ATS Greenhouse onto Indeed so we do not have to manually post jobs anymore (THANK GOODNESS!). We hire about 30% of our employees from indeed.

Cons

Customer Support/Account Managers! Worked with our previous account manager for the last 4 years. He seemed spread too thin and was never my go-to for quick responses to questions I had about our account. He would consistently send e-mails about touching base and go unresponsive after we would respond about times we were available for a call. On multiple occasions we would have a call scheduled, would...

SO

Sarah O.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Great for both Employees and Employers!

I have landed every job with Indeed and have hired many people through the website as well! It's my go-to software for both hiring and getting hired. In my experience, this is the platform with the biggest professional following.

Pros

I have used Indeed as both an Employee and Employer. As an Employee, it's super easy and fast to apply to multiple jobs in your industry at once, and search and find jobs in your area. As an Employer, I love how all of the candidates are organized for review in one spot, making it easy to sort through many applicants. Reaching out to applicants is easy too through the messaging system.

Cons

It can be a little difficult to use the Indeed mobile app as an applicant. First, it makes it confusing to apply to jobs since the app recommends other positions in the middle of your application, so you have to make sure you follow all the way through to the "Apply" button. Then, after you apply, your search resets and it takes you back to the beginning of your search results. It's definitely not as seamless or user friendly as some other mobile apps like ZipRecruiter.

AM

Ashley M.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Indeed for Childcare Employers

Overall our experience has been pleasing. We have just had a hard time with this job market finding candidates wanting the positions.

Pros

I like that the software is simple to use/set up. The customer service is excellent and walks you through how to use the best title, keywords, and how to budget to get it on multiple platforms.

Cons

I feel frustrated that some candidates can keep applying to ads we post even though they never follow through and we've noted that they have ghosted us. I wish there was a way to fully block them from applying and wasting our time.

MH

Mashudu Hilary M.

Computer Software, self-employed

I prefer it over other job search applications.

I have mostly used Indeed as a job seeker and to be honest, It helped me a lot every step of the way. The process of looking for a job is no longer the waking nightmare it used to be. I highly recommend Indeed for both employers and employment seekers as it has a lot of features no matter which side one is using it on.

Pros

I love how indeed provides a great opportunity for finding jobs. Searching for jobs has never been easier. The user interface is really friendly and the landing page shows recently posted jobs so that one can apply early. Its really easy to share job openings with friends on other social medial platforms through links. Its really nice that I can either upload and apply with an already typed resume...

Cons

I have not come across a lot of disadvantages while using Indeed however I have noticed how formats for indeed resumes are limited.

JB

Jillian B.

Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

Indeed

Overall, indeed has bred successful for me in my job hunt. I was able to apply for 20-50 jobs daily for 2 weeks nonstop with all the new jobs that were becoming available everyday. The setup was very quick and easy, uploading resumes and documents was simple, navigating the site as well as your account was easy as well. I would like to suggest an option to help build a resume that is professional rather than just having to you your own. Some people may not have a resume created yet or some may not be tech savvy and capable of creating their own resume. This may already be an option, but it’s just not professional enough. All In all, indeed is the top software to use for job hunting and I believe 9 out of 10 people are successful at finding a job using indeed.

Pros

Indeed is constantly updated daily with new available jobs. It will let you know the most recent jobs added, jobs you’ve viewed and applied for. Indeed will also share with you available jobs that are similar to the ones you’ve already applied for.

Cons

Some available jobs you apply for will have you redirected to the company website where you must sign up and create an account before you can apply and this can be very time consuming when you are putting in 100’s of applications daily.

GD

Gavin D.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

The Easiest Way to Hire EVER

Overall, my experience has been extremely positive with Indeed. My company and I receive nearly double the amount of applicants when we post a job on Indeed compared to a local company. The online portal is very helpful in the hiring process as it allows all candidates to be accessed in one place and can be easily managed. I love Indeed and will continue using it for all of my hiring needs.

Pros

Posting a job is incredibly easy on Indeed, but the real value of the software comes from the online portal. With the ability to quickly identify qualified candidates, send them a relevant assessment, and then contact them directly on the platform, it's the best hiring tool I have ever used. We've hired our last 5 employees from Indeed.

Cons

A few things could be improved, including the following: being able to download Resumes from Word Documents as PDFs instead of .docx. This would make it a lot faster to print and send to others, without having to open Word and convert to PDF. Additionally, I think that the Messages UI could be improved to be more intuitive. Sometimes it's confusing to quickly glance and see who sent what message.

DG

Debra G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Indeed Helps find the Perfect Job

Indeed has sent me jobs to look into that matches my resume and position objective criteria. Indeed has a plethora of employers looking for employees in just about every career field you can imagine. The experience I've had with Indeed has been always a pleasant one and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a job or looking for a great employee.

Pros

Indeed is easy to use and upload your resume to. Love how it's so easy to use and then when there's a match to your resume they will notify you. Indeed has helped many people find the right job. I have done resumes for people that ask my opinion for best site to look for work. I always recommend Indeed.

Cons

Sometimes a site will want both resume and the application and can be a bit time consuming to fix the format and like that. But wouldn't go to any other job site still.

RR

Ryan R.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Indeed: Pretty Good , Indeed

Overall pretty good. I think it's a good resource for someone actively looking at pursuing a new job that does not have as many networking tools. If you are disciplined and you take the time to be consistent and aggressively pursue roles that interest you it can be a great tool

Pros

I think Indeed has a solid platform and that for job search for finding good job opportunities. I think it's mostly focused around entry level to higher entry level roles it can be a huge help. You have to really commit and build out your profile and pair that with an updated professional resume and you'll be ready to snag interviews. I think a lot of companies do not have time or resources to recruit, so for them it's a big value add as well.

Cons

I think sometimes the app brings you opportunities that do not necessarily relate to your specific job hunt or your skills and that can be annoying

PS

Pablo S.

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

My Own Experience using Indeed

My overall experience using Indeed is good, although I really didn't find a job thanks to Indeed. On the other hand, at all times I felt excited to find the jobs I was looking for, and not the ones I didn't like. I also liked it very much, that many people offered work remotely, which confirms the trust placed in the developers of other countries, very suitable for any type of project, like any other person.

Pros

There really are many things that I like about Indeed: · In Indeed you can find any type of job you are looking for. · In Indeed, unlike in other rival applications, there are jobs that in others are not so easily found, and this is a point really in favor of Indeed, since today, more and more jobs are emerging new ones that differ from the typical ones. In my case, as an RPA developer, I have found many offers from the RPA world that in other applications do not exist or even talk about it. · The Indeed team works really well when answering a question. They are very fast and go to detail.

Cons

Perhaps what I like least about Indeed, is that in order to obtain certain privileges that are really useful and outperform you compared to other job seekers, you have to pay a monthly amount, something high. I understand that it is your business model, but there should be external ways or reward certain people for loyalty or other reasons, and that they could enjoy these advantages more often.

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

Indeed for Staffing

Overall, this is my favorite job board to use over some of the other brands out there.

Pros

I love the ease of navigating. It is an extremely easy software system to use and train new employees on.

Cons

I wish you were able to get more free ads posted.

sb

soumya b.

Banking, 10,001+ employees

Indeed a great website

My general involvement in for sure is great. I've had the option to post occupations and secure positions effortlessly, and the Business Improvement group has a 92% positive survey rate. I'm ready to find quality competitors rapidly and the channels assist me with reducing my pursuit. I can likewise find support from For sure's interior group on the off chance that I'm experiencing difficulty making my work advertisements.

Pros

One of the greatest benefits of For sure is its usability. The site has a straightforward and natural format, making it simple to explore and find the data you want. Moreover, the stage extends to an extensive variety of employment opportunity postings from different businesses, making it an all in one resource for work searchers. Another benefit is its high level hunt capacities, which permit clients...

Cons

One of the most un-loved parts of the for sure quest for new employment entrance is the sheer number of tests managers frequently require possible contender to take after they go after a position. Moreover, there can be a ton of spam and obsolete work postings, making it hard to track down pertinent open doors.

EP

Elizabeth P.

Insurance, 501-1,000 employees

Incredible occupation posting programming with combination include!

Indeed.com is fit very well for HR Department to post for present place of employment openings. For organizations that have work sheets, cycle can be mechanized. Indeed.com has capacity to businesses to post positions at no charge, yet perceivability isn't ensured. So for certain organizations that require employ quick and are prepared to pay cash for that - make a point to pay immediately. Try not to utilize free postings, not that numerous candidates.

Pros

Indeed.com is the stage that we use to post for present place of employment openings. Just HR division approaches post positions, subsequently, it is utilized by one office in particular. It is not difficult to explore, and imaginative, their group attempts and consistently searches for better approaches to show occupations. In our association, we have one occupation board, and Indeed.com consequently pulls present place of employment advertisements from our profession entry. This is SO AWESOME. No compelling reason to refresh various stages. Strongly suggest it!!!

Cons

Pro's -Interaction mechanization -Ready to incorporate inquiries with decides that permit you to waitlist applicants in an all the more ideal style -Simple to utilize -Extraordinary format -Can post for nothing -They permit you to utilize a charge card for supporting -Supporting standards is acceptable and has numerous choices Con's -Missing usefulness - perhaps movement report, what number of snaps per position each week? -New position supporting stage can be confounding

sp

suryanshi p.

Staffing and Recruiting, 5,001-10,000 employees

Being Recruiter

Overall experience with Indeed was awesome. As I have used it in my last organisation thoroughly and in present one a bit. But the most helpful thing was it's job posting. You just need to post a job with your unique job description along with the location and specification, then put your email id and boom you will start getting the applications on your email once your job gets published. It may sound like very general as we are having other tools for the same. But trust me the job applications from Indeed is far more better.

Pros

Indeed is a one of the best job board I came across for finding the relevant resumes. I am a US Recruiter but sometimes I also need to recruit for my internal hiring. I found the Indeed to be the best way of finding the profiles of the candidates, who were really interested in the job openings. Indeed provides a great platform for the one who are looking for jobs and also for them who are looking for consultants. It has many features and options to refine your search of applications and make your search more powerful. One who is looking for job can also, post their resumes and can modify their profile according to their need and requirement. It has too many options that you will definitely love. More over the Job Positing in Indeed is the best.

Cons

The only thing I would write here is, that it is bit expensive. But this is only for the employers, applicants can access their indeed profile for free of cost. There are some bugs which needs to fixed. That is it.

MD

Melissa D.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Great way to reach a large number of potential candidates

Overall, we feel Indeed is a great way for our business to post Job Opportunities in many different locations. Since our business operates in over 7 locations, it is a great way to spread the word, not only to the Job Seekers, but to get the word out that we are now operating in their city. The Customer Support is incredible. We were assigned a specific Support Specialist, which makes it much easier when questions come up or guidance is needed. Our dedicated Specialist already knows our business and I don't have to waste time explaining things over and over.

Pros

Indeed has a great reputation and is well known with Job Seekers. We find we are able to include all the details needed in the job postings so the Job Seekers are well informed prior to applying. With options to customize how the Job Posting is categorized, details about the job (i.e. location, COVID precautions, etc.), it allows the Job Seeker to make an informed decision before submitting an application.

Cons

The ability to customize the Job Posting with logos being more prominent would be a great way to improve Indeed.