Indeed Logo

Indeed

Mobile applicant tracking, recruiting & job board

Indeed Reviews

User ratings

4.5

6.7K
  • Likelihood to recommend8.67/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

This are a application it is give you good opportunity for you carrere best job opportunity easily and comfortable i got job by this application in rapipay as sales Executive.

GA

Ganesh A.

My overall experience was amazing. I love Indeed it is a awesome website to find jobs on.

JT

Jessica T.

Indeed is a good online portal for candidates to search for jobs and recruiters to find the best talent available in the market.

Arun A.

There are companies that will spam you with requests. I ended up getting 50+ emails a day from a company and I really hated that.

NC

Nathan C.

This outrageous action has harmed my company by delaying our hiring process, damaging our relationship with potential staff and making us look unprofessional to potential employees.

DM

Derek M.

That you cannot erase messages that have been sent that you can only archive these messages. That you can run into some fraudulent job offers on this site if your aware.

TF

Glassdoor-logocaret
+ 7

Glassdoor

Compare both
How would you rate Indeed?

6,732 reviews

RK

Rob K.

Director of Development

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Love this!

Transcript

Rob K.: Hi, my name is Rob. I am a director of development and I would give Indeed a five out of five...

Easy not more no-shows

Transcript

Manami W.: Hello. My name is Manami. I'm a sales manager. I gave five star review to Indeed. For more...

Hiring with Indeed is Fast and Effective

Indeed is really a perfect tool for recruiters or the small agencies who want to expand their team and hire amazing talent. I'm using for more than 3 years and I can say I've hired 50+ retaining candidates for some of my collaborations and the firm where I'm working. In the pool of Indeeds database you need a great eyes and abilities to review resume to hire a right talent.

Pros

Free job posting Job sponsoring option to boost reach Find right candidates and resume Contact candidates

Cons

I'm using it for more than 3 years to recruit and interview right candidates for different marketing positions and it is best and cost effective.

Only hiring website we use!!!

I have used Indeed for job hunting as well as for hiring and I absolutely love it. it's very easy to use and the greatest thing about it is that it's free, unless you want to pay for sponsorship which we've had to do when we needed an urgent hire.

Pros

It's very easy to find applicants who are searching for the positions we post. We can immediately make a decision to continue the hiring process or reject the applicant. I also absolutely love that you can post jobs for free or sponsor the job. I have hired 3 great people without sponsoring. Other websites will charge you for posting jobs.

Cons

It used to be easier to reject and write a Rej. letter before. I no longer have an option to choose a template to send to candidates. I am having a hard time finding that feature again, it may have been removed, but it was a really nice feature.

It's the best available option

It can get very expensive. But it's the main player in this market to hire IT people. The

Pros

It has a lot of candidates. It has a few good assessments.

Cons

It's UX could be better, but it's usable. All but 2 assessments are bad. You can't preview the assessments before you send it to the candidates.

Brilliant platform for Employers & Job-hunters.

It is really helpful for job hunters in finding their jobs & employers for hiring the best talent for their vacant positions. I have attained my latest job with the help of indeed just you need to make your profile & your preference what job you are looking for. It gives you notifications by email. My overall experience is fabulous with the software.

Pros

Its simple yet effective interface is great that really makes the whole experience of job hunting made easy. Particularly like the features that update you either your application is being reviewed by employers or ask you what time suits you for interview & your job preferences.

Cons

All & all it is great to use this tool however the only thing that I find tiresome is that despite building a profile & uploading your CV on the software you have to create your account all over again whenever you are redirected to employer website.

Indeed Review

Indeed is a very good platform even employers from posting ad, tracking applications, assigning assessments to the suitable candidates. It makes the complete hiring process smooth in a budget friendly way.

Pros

It's very easy to post ad for Job and haves a good tool to track the applications from the candidates

Cons

Candidates Profile is not easy to harvest, mostly requires money to be paid to open the database of profiles.

Indeed Helpful for both employers and applicants

I love indeed, it could help you source applicants, post jobs. And as a job hopper like myself it also help me in deciding where to apply since I could read the point of views of the former employers regarding on how good and bad their experience with the company.

Pros

The summary of applicant reviews and employee reviews is very helpful even for job seekers since it saves people time in browsing all of the data available in the site. You can also share your experience in interviews and company experiences which could help both the company and the interested applicants get to know more about the company and how it handles its people.

Cons

Maybe the ads, but its part of the internet.

Useful but pricey

We will continue to use it occasionally and when we really need to hire more staff.

Pros

We are a niche business and need specially licensed people. This software allows us to search for those candidates specifically.

Cons

It’s expensive and we don’t get as many applicants as we’d like.

Good for job posting, but not really an ATS replacement

I have been both an applicant and on the back-end hiring side with Indeed. Overall it is a good platform to get applicants, but unless you are a super small company this site will not replace a true ATS.

Pros

Good job posting board and well known as a place where candidates go to search for/apply to jobs. It integrates with many HRIS / ATS, so that is helpful as a recruiter / hiring manager.

Cons

The Indeed resume is poorly formatted and has poor contact info from candidates. It makes you use Indeed in order to communicate with candidates, rather than letting you see the candidates email & phone number. I understand this is for "candidate security purposes" but many candidates don't even know this so they don't know how to turn it off.

Indeed was built around finding you the right employee

I had an overall and amazing experience with indeed and if I ever need to hire an employee again this would definitely be one tool I use in my tool belt

Pros

Indeed has to be the number one go to place to find an employee they're going to fit the needs and have the certain skills required to fit the position you were looking for. I've never had an issue with indeed

Cons

I do not have a con for indeed but I do have to say they do not have all the people out there looking for jobs so you must open your search to include other options

I used to love Indeed. They've made a lot of changes that I'm not thrilled with lately

Several years ago it was excellent. It was easy to use and I found several great candidates. Now their pricing model has changed considerably and I am not as happy with the program as I once was

Pros

This was by far my go-to for years. Recently I know its harder for everyone to find good help these days, so I haven't been as successful, but Indeed continues to change their platform and payment options and I feel with all of their changes, it is not as user friendly as it once was.

Cons

It is no longer as user friendly as it once was. Things are continuously changing.

A Job Board With The Job Seekers In Mind

Pros

Indeed is for the job seeker. It has the most resume creating tools that I have personally seen on the internet. It allows for users to easily input skills, job experience, certifications, schooling, and more! The skills tracking is my personal favorite. I am able to input how long I have been doing something, which I believe makes me stand out among other job seekers. When a hiring manager can easily...

Cons

I wish that there were more format options when it comes to downloading your resume on Indeed. Although overall the resume building experience is wonderful and one of my favorite parts, when downloading the resume for my own use outside of Indeed, it can only act as a starting template of information rather than a final product. It does not appear very professional and is more than 1 or 2 pages long when trying to fit everything in.

Synonymous with excellence in Human Talent Recruiting...!!!

A significant problem arises when applicants do not complete their resumes on Indeed and submit a partial resume for a job. Ease of use is evident when looking at potential candidates for open positions. Be very clear about the quality of resumes based on those sent through Indeed. It makes my work life very simple.

Pros

In addition, the filter questions and interview functions of mobile phones and smartphones save a lot of time, effort, and effort. I used to waste candidate time and schedule the telephonic interview to do what Indeed now routinely does for me. Although it is the best application in terms of recruiting and UI, it is amicable and easy to integrate. We have integrated it with our company software and imported and exported the candidate contacts files directly.

Cons

I don't like being optional for candidates to list their positions. Sometimes we get applications from candidates who passed the evaluation but ended up not being local. I also want candidates to verify their phone number, as some candidates add an inactive number to the question making it difficult to contact them. Apart from that, it is mind-blowing application.

Hiring made easy using Indeed

My overall experience is excellent as an employer as well as a candidate. It has been saving me time in sorting through potential candidates. Indeed is the best platform for recruiters.

Pros

I got my second job after college placement through indeed. I have been using Indeed Hiring for years regularly. Indeed is the best platform to source the candidates as per the requirement. It has the largest talent pool. I was able to message job seekers who have opted to make their profiles public. If they meet the job requirement, then I can message them directly. Indeed is a well-known name for recruitment and is easy to navigate. Its UI is user-friendly. The job posting is effortless and free of cost. We can opt to sponsor our job as per the requirement. It has a wide variety of tools to screen the candidate. We can hire candidates of all backgrounds for all sorts of jobs, from technician to director levels. Indeed work on a pay-per-click model.

Cons

As we know, every technology has its pros and cons. I have been using Indeed for years. I have used Indeed as a candidate as well as an employer. As an employer, I am not a big fan of the pay-per-click model on which Indeed works. I have to pay for lots of clicks that are irrelevant. Most of the candidates are curious to know about the job rather than applying. It provides indeed mail rather than actual...

Indeed for Childcare Employers

Overall our experience has been pleasing. We have just had a hard time with this job market finding candidates wanting the positions.

Pros

I like that the software is simple to use/set up. The customer service is excellent and walks you through how to use the best title, keywords, and how to budget to get it on multiple platforms.

Cons

I feel frustrated that some candidates can keep applying to ads we post even though they never follow through and we've noted that they have ghosted us. I wish there was a way to fully block them from applying and wasting our time.

My favorite job search software!

I've had nothing but good experiences with indeed, I've actually gotten hired with two different companies through the app and after you get hired you are able to put that on your profile that you are hired somewhere and basically off the market. For me it's just always been very easy to use and I've never had to question what I was doing in our when I was looking at!

Pros

I love the ease of use of indeed, it's never been difficult for me to navigate throughout the app or the website. I've never had to question what employers I have already applied to and which ones meet my specific qualifications. I especially love the little markers for each job application that say whether it is filling up quickly or if there is a lot of applicants who are applying, there's just a lot of information that's given and it really makes it easy to never doubt what is right in front of me!

Cons

To be honest I don't think I've ever had any problems with indeed. I have used it for years and I have always used it to keep my resume and it has since been very easy to update and keep track of places that I have applied to, places I've worked at, how long I've worked somewhere and the messaging feature is sort of new but that is also a nice touch that they added so that instead of having an email back and forth you are able to converse right in the app!

Different from the other big job boards

Overall, now that I have a solid foundation and recruiting process, I really like the candidate diversity it has provided.

Pros

Indeed is so different from any of the other big job boards out there in terms of candidate pool and sourcing experience, though the job posting / application review is pretty standard. Indeed used to offer a pay-per-view of contact information for $1 per view. However, they have moved to a subscription based system, which might be more challenging for individual recruiters, but as an agency recruiter I prefer it. The dashboard is not fancy or bright, it is bare and basic, which makes it more user friendly and readable for seasoned recruiters.

Cons

The basic nature of the dashboard is potential a con as well. New recruiters who rely on call-to-action buttons and ATS integration for candidate management might struggle at first, to my knowledge Indeed is not integrated into any of the ATS I've used, so remembering to search for a pre-existing candidate record and manual resume parsing is required. Indeed also provides an "@indeedmail" email address for every candidate, and tends to populate it's Indeed formatted resume over the candidate's original, so often times their direct email is not provided.

Great for both Employees and Employers!

I have landed every job with Indeed and have hired many people through the website as well! It's my go-to software for both hiring and getting hired. In my experience, this is the platform with the biggest professional following.

Pros

I have used Indeed as both an Employee and Employer. As an Employee, it's super easy and fast to apply to multiple jobs in your industry at once, and search and find jobs in your area. As an Employer, I love how all of the candidates are organized for review in one spot, making it easy to sort through many applicants. Reaching out to applicants is easy too through the messaging system.

Cons

It can be a little difficult to use the Indeed mobile app as an applicant. First, it makes it confusing to apply to jobs since the app recommends other positions in the middle of your application, so you have to make sure you follow all the way through to the "Apply" button. Then, after you apply, your search resets and it takes you back to the beginning of your search results. It's definitely not as seamless or user friendly as some other mobile apps like ZipRecruiter.

My Go-To Site for Finding Quality Hires

Overall, my experience with Indeed has been great. I use them for 70% of all my hires. It's the largest job posting site in the world so why wouldn't I use it. It's pretty easy to use and the features are getting better and better. Indeed is a must have for anyone who is looking for new hires. You can try out other sites but you will inevitably come back to Indeed.

Pros

To start, Indeed is the largest job posting site in the world and most people use the platform when searching for a new job. This fact alone makes Indeed a must have when searching for new hires. Also, Indeed is very user friendly. This means that I don't have to micro manage the job postings. I can hand it over to my assistant and I don't have to worry about it. I also really like their analytics. It really helps me to optimize my postings so I can find the talent that I need. A feature that I really like is having applicants answer certain qualifying questions. This really speeds up the hiring process.

Cons

There isn't much that I don't like about Indeed but one thing that I must say is that I'm not a fan of the pay-per-click model for ads. With this model I have to pay for a lot of clicks that are irrelevant. If I post a job that looks enticing, I will get a lot of clicks from people who are just curious about the job and not serious about applying. One other thing would be the customer service. I wouldn't say that it's bad but it's not great. I've had issues with my Client Success Manager that has made things more difficult than they need be. This has been exacerbated since COVID-19. I'm hoping once things start to get back to normal I will get some more attention from my account manager and fix the issues that I'm having.

Will you Indeed get a job ?

Overall I have enjoyed Indeed but I still feel as though applications I have submitted were stuck in limbo. Indeed is usually my last option behind Linkedin and ZipRecruiter. The interface is very user friendly, so it is very easy for me to scroll through current job openings with ease. I would recommend this to someone who is very open about what jobs he/she wants and not so much stuck on one specific field. Also I think it is great for those who want a job but not sure what job as Indeed is great with showing a variety of different job postings within your area.

Pros

Indeed's website functionality is one of my favorite aspects that this software has to offer. Everything you need to apply to the job(s) of your choosing is just one click away. I also love how recruiters can find you without you doing any of the leg work. I actually got one of my favorite jobs this way and all I had to do was have an updated resume on my account. The criteria you have to fill out to find what you are looking for is as easy as 1-2-3.

Cons

One of my biggest dislikes about Indeed is sometimes you have to be very specific with your keywords or the website will pretty much show you every job within a 25 mile radius that has absolutely nothing to do with the choice of keywords you have supplies. For example if you type in "school secretary" Indeed will still show results that are similar such as "Dental office secretary" but not even in the ballpark of what you are looking for. Even if there is only one "school secretary" position located in my zip code and radius preference, I prefer that over continuously scrolling through secretary positions and never coming across what I am actually looking for.

Our Go-To Job Board for Hires

Other than our inconsistencies with our previous account team, our experience has been as expected. Indeed is our go-to job board that we can count on to produce a hire.

Pros

Indeed is easy to use and their tracking/analytic data has improved over the years. I am extremely hands on and like to set up, pause, delete our own sponsored job campaigns which they allow you to do. Finally was able to get our jobs scraped from our ATS Greenhouse onto Indeed so we do not have to manually post jobs anymore (THANK GOODNESS!). We hire about 30% of our employees from indeed.

Cons

Customer Support/Account Managers! Worked with our previous account manager for the last 4 years. He seemed spread too thin and was never my go-to for quick responses to questions I had about our account. He would consistently send e-mails about touching base and go unresponsive after we would respond about times we were available for a call. On multiple occasions we would have a call scheduled, would...

Whether finding candidates or job opportunities, this is the place.

I've used Indeed to post jobs and to find jobs. It's been successful for both, is easy to use, and makes posting and applying convenient and less time consuming.

Pros

For most employers, Indeed is the fist place a job opportunity gets posted. It's free and very widely used. So, whether you're searching for a job or for candidates, this is the one place where everyone comes together to make the most comprehensive list of both candidates and job postings. The free platform is great, but there are paid services with prices to fit even the smallest budget.

Cons

I'm scratching my head on this one. With all its free features, there really isn't a reason not to use Indeed. I think the appearance could be improved by changing the font and font sizes to be more modern and consistently sized. Company reviews would be more meaningful if they could be segregated into locations or divisions of a company. For example, if I'm applying for a job in accounting or posting an opening for the CFO position, and all the reviews are from warehouse employees complaining about heat and excess overtime, the company's review score isn't very meaningful. Or, if I'm applying for a job in New York, and the reviews are all from employees in California, that isn't meaningful. I have to search through individual reviews to find those that are relevant to me.

Indeed will take care of you!

It has been amazing. When I decided that it was time to look for a job with more hours, Indeed was the only obvious choice. With the amount of new listings everyday, anyone looking for a job with realistic expectations should be able to find what they need using Indeed. I highly recommend!

Pros

I find Indeed to be just about the best place to go when it comes to searching for new job opportunities. It always has the latest listings with a very easy to navigate user interface. Personally, I have received three job offers from interviews that I was able to secure using Indeed. I love that you can save the posts to easily go back to them later. I also frequently use the filter setting which makes it simple to narrow down the exact location and specific job type I am looking for.

Cons

Honestly, I have had no issues with Indeed. I have heard, however, that anyone can post a listing for any job, whether or not it is actually accurate. Due to the overwhelming amount of scam artists in the world today, I have made sure to keep a look out for this exact scenario. Personally, I have yet to come across it on Indeed. I have seen it many times on Craigslist though! Indeed is far superior to Craigslist!

Quality Hands-On Recruiting Tool

If your company does not have a lot of job openings on a regular basis, Indeed can be a very cost effective recruiting tool in lieu of hiring a full time staff member. The more time and money you are willing to invest in the application, the more beneficial it can be for your recruiting efforts. It is definitely a solid platform for reaching a larger pool of applicants for your position opening.

Pros

When posting job openings, Indeed allows you to be very specific about your minimum criteria for the position. It then gives you a breakdown of how each candidate matches against the criteria, which can save you some time sorting through various resumes. Indeed also allows you to be very specific about your monthly spend, which is important as you are charged a base fee for each candidate who applies for the position. One you reach your maximum spend for the month, Indeed automatically pauses your posting so that you do not go over budget. Its email and scheduling capabilities make it easy to set up interviews with candidates you feel are qualified for your open position.

Cons

Indeed has a large variety of options and filters available when posting a new position, which means you will probably spend a lot of time both setting up and maintaining your job posting. If you choose not to thoroughly set up your posting, you will receive a lot of applicants who are not specifically qualified for your open position, which means additional time sorting through resumes and communicating with applicants. While many of the process are automated, Indeed still requires someone to invest a significant amount sorting through resumes and cover letters.

Best of talent acquisition programs

I have used Indeed both as a job seeker as well as a person looking for talent to add to a team. I find that even with the tiny issues, it is a fantastic first stop for reaching out for most mid-level and entry level positions, technical programs, and service/retail jobs. The ability to mark corporations that peak an individual's interest for the future coupled with the conversation ability with the hiring team makes this the most obvious source for acquiring new employees or locating a new job.

Pros

This software has become the norm for most people in the vast majority of professional and technical fields, but also has branched out to the retail and service sectors. The ease of use for the person seeking employment and the ability of hiring personnel to navigate to those people who fit criteria for their openings is second to none. Indeed allows people who are unfamiliar with constructing a resume...

Cons

Talent acquisition individuals can sometimes not recognize that they have already been directed to an individual and repeat an invitation to apply for a specific position. The only other issue I have found is that people without a resume who use the Indeed builder do not always recognize the need to update their information because they are not prompted.

Indeed, the main candidate source

We have been using indeed to gather candidates for the past 3+ years and we have had amazing results, we have experienced immense growth using the tools the indeed provides and have been able to painting our growth for the past 3 years.

Pros

The amount of prospective candidate is higher than any other source, and the response time for posted ads is immediate. Candidates are aligned to the requirement of the postings, and are actively looking for jobs, and updating their information often.

Cons

I don't see many cons, the only one I could mention is the steep price, it is way higher than any other provider, but it also provides the best results.