Indeed Reviews

Indeed

Mobile applicant tracking, recruiting & job board

Review Summary

Pros

Indeed was wonderful when I came to helping me look for a job. Indeed was easy to use and the software is outstanding.

BreAnna R.

Read the full review
The thing I love the most about this software is its ease of use. It is straightforward and not complicated at all.

Kelly H.

Read the full review
I love that we have had a huge response when hiring for positions at our company. I love how Indeed seems to match candidates to what we are specifically looking for.

Read the full review

Cons

There is very little to dislike about this software. I have no negative feedback at this time and will continue to use as needed.

Marianne M.

Read the full review
Unable to retake tests, I was distracted with my toddler and failed a test that I otherwise would have passed and can't share that result with potential employers as it looks terrible.

Rachel D.

Read the full review
Very bad experience I have felt. I got too much fake calls and multiple company who told me to submit money for the resume.

Rushi D.

2,856

1,446

4,751 reviews

Job hunting made easy

Great candidate search tool!

Indeed has been amazing at saving me time in sorting through potential candidates and the functionality has allowed me to be very specific in searching for candidate skill sets.

Pros

My experience has been that I’m able to find a deep and varied talent pool from which to seek candidates. I suspect some of this is due to the name recognition and broad use.

Cons

Although not my own experience, I’ve heard other users complain that the free version has limited access to details.

Quality Hands-On Recruiting Tool

If your company does not have a lot of job openings on a regular basis, Indeed can be a very cost effective recruiting tool in lieu of hiring a full time staff member. The more time and money you are willing to invest in the application, the more beneficial it can be for your recruiting efforts. It is definitely a solid platform for reaching a larger pool of applicants for your position opening.

Pros

When posting job openings, Indeed allows you to be very specific about your minimum criteria for the position. It then gives you a breakdown of how each candidate matches against the criteria, which can save you some time sorting through various resumes. Indeed also allows you to be very specific about your monthly spend, which is important as you are charged a base fee for each candidate who applies for the position. One you reach your maximum spend for the month, Indeed automatically pauses your posting so that you do not go over budget. Its email and scheduling capabilities make it easy to set up interviews with candidates you feel are qualified for your open position.

Cons

Indeed has a large variety of options and filters available when posting a new position, which means you will probably spend a lot of time both setting up and maintaining your job posting. If you choose not to thoroughly set up your posting, you will receive a lot of applicants who are not specifically qualified for your open position, which means additional time sorting through resumes and communicating with applicants. While many of the process are automated, Indeed still requires someone to invest a significant amount sorting through resumes and cover letters.

Different from the other big job boards

Overall, now that I have a solid foundation and recruiting process, I really like the candidate diversity it has provided.

Pros

Indeed is so different from any of the other big job boards out there in terms of candidate pool and sourcing experience, though the job posting / application review is pretty standard. Indeed used to offer a pay-per-view of contact information for $1 per view. However, they have moved to a subscription based system, which might be more challenging for individual recruiters, but as an agency recruiter I prefer it. The dashboard is not fancy or bright, it is bare and basic, which makes it more user friendly and readable for seasoned recruiters.

Cons

The basic nature of the dashboard is potential a con as well. New recruiters who rely on call-to-action buttons and ATS integration for candidate management might struggle at first, to my knowledge Indeed is not integrated into any of the ATS I've used, so remembering to search for a pre-existing candidate record and manual resume parsing is required. Indeed also provides an "@indeedmail" email address for every candidate, and tends to populate it's Indeed formatted resume over the candidate's original, so often times their direct email is not provided.

Paid Version is Pointless

In general, the free version is useful and should be an automatic posting option for any Recruiting/Talent Acquisition department if it isn't already cross-posted by your ATS automatically. In a free version, you can excuse how bad the software is, which is pretty bad. However, their freemium aggregate model of scraping jobs from thousands of other sites and making their website a one-stop shop...

Pros

As an aggregate job posting site, it is a must have for any recruiting department to use on a daily basis. The free hosting feature is automatically done on most ATS programs. Because they scrape from so many websites, job postings with them will reach even tough markets like Physicians, whereas Careerbuilder, Zip, Monster, etc. do NOT reach these.

Cons

Google-for-Jobs has made Indeed all but obsolete. Their "paid" version is pointless compared to the free version. We have tested several times and have seen hardly any, if any, quantifiable difference for the huge cost, regardless of what the sales team says. Their resume database is horrible in search function and results, although, useful in that you can pay per resume pull. They are aesthetically the Craigslist of job search websites. The site is ugly (relative), hard to become a power user on (like Linkedin), and is only successful because of their Freemium aggregate model.

Great for both Employees and Employers!

I have landed every job with Indeed and have hired many people through the website as well! It's my go-to software for both hiring and getting hired. In my experience, this is the platform with the biggest professional following.

Pros

I have used Indeed as both an Employee and Employer. As an Employee, it's super easy and fast to apply to multiple jobs in your industry at once, and search and find jobs in your area. As an Employer, I love how all of the candidates are organized for review in one spot, making it easy to sort through many applicants. Reaching out to applicants is easy too through the messaging system.

Cons

It can be a little difficult to use the Indeed mobile app as an applicant. First, it makes it confusing to apply to jobs since the app recommends other positions in the middle of your application, so you have to make sure you follow all the way through to the "Apply" button. Then, after you apply, your search resets and it takes you back to the beginning of your search results. It's definitely not as seamless or user friendly as some other mobile apps like ZipRecruiter.

The Easiest Way to Hire EVER

Overall, my experience has been extremely positive with Indeed. My company and I receive nearly double the amount of applicants when we post a job on Indeed compared to a local company. The online portal is very helpful in the hiring process as it allows all candidates to be accessed in one place and can be easily managed. I love Indeed and will continue using it for all of my hiring needs.

Pros

Posting a job is incredibly easy on Indeed, but the real value of the software comes from the online portal. With the ability to quickly identify qualified candidates, send them a relevant assessment, and then contact them directly on the platform, it's the best hiring tool I have ever used. We've hired our last 5 employees from Indeed.

Cons

A few things could be improved, including the following: being able to download Resumes from Word Documents as PDFs instead of .docx. This would make it a lot faster to print and send to others, without having to open Word and convert to PDF. Additionally, I think that the Messages UI could be improved to be more intuitive. Sometimes it's confusing to quickly glance and see who sent what message.

Seems like the Best Way to Hire

We have hired a num,ber of very good candidates. Indeed is now my first choice when hiring.

Pros

I like the tools and tests and very complete information it can gather from an applicant in advance of contacting them.

Cons

It can tend to be pretty pricey. But better than others like Zip.

Cost Effective and Efficient

We've made the majority of our hires through Indeed - they offer great candidates. We can quickly look at resumes and determine if they'd be a great fit for our fast paced medical office or not. The reps that are assigned to us give us the freedom to adjust our profiles and have even helped to retrieve job descriptions from our other Indeed profiles. They don't aggressively push us to one direction and we appreciate that.

Pros

When comparing Indeed to other hiring websites, Indeed is one of the more cost effective sites with increased traffic. We used two hiring sites concurrently and ended up making a hire through Indeed. I like the messaging option as well - I use the default templates in addition to the ones I have created specifically for our practice. I also appreciate the feature that notes if the candidate has applied before. We are constantly opening and closing positions. so having this information helps drive our decisions much quicker.

Cons

The overall look of the website is a bit outdated. I would appreciate a streamlined looking dashboard. Right now, it's too simple.

Indeed in Childcare

Overall, we still use Indeed because their software is still more efficient than other similar softwares. The features are helpful. The money would be more worth the investment if our candidate pool was more geared to our field of interest.

Pros

I like that Indeed does have more features to take some of our efforts off our plate when hiring such as phone interview and assessment.

Cons

I am not fond of the cost of sponsored positions and the results of such. We spend hundred of dollars monthly when hiring (which for a small business can be a huge undertaking) and are still not receiving candidates who are meeting our requirements for candidates.

Best recruitment service

Nothing but positive feels with Indeed. Completely appreciated the experience and plan on using them each and every time we need to post a job. They deliver and we benefit :)

Pros

Indeed is super easy to set up, post and manage. They walk you thru the process step by step and then keep in constant communication so you are aware of activity and responses. I was able to email from multiple places, add notes, set up interviews and know everything was private until I choose to offer up details. I appreciated the ability (without pressure) to try an unsponsored post to start and add it later. Even the amount and duration was in my control. I did get a phone call, but it was so appreciated and super helpful. Again, no pressure but good suggestions as they are able to monitor and see actions I am not aware of. They helped me hire several good employees with ease!

Cons

I can't really come up with anything to change. Yes, they charge more if you want to go directly to qualified applicants instead of waiting for them to find you, but if there's a time crunch and immediate need it's super worth it. They've done the hard part so it makes sense there's a cost to use it.

My Go-To Site for Finding Quality Hires

Overall, my experience with Indeed has been great. I use them for 70% of all my hires. It's the largest job posting site in the world so why wouldn't I use it. It's pretty easy to use and the features are getting better and better. Indeed is a must have for anyone who is looking for new hires. You can try out other sites but you will inevitably come back to Indeed.

Pros

To start, Indeed is the largest job posting site in the world and most people use the platform when searching for a new job. This fact alone makes Indeed a must have when searching for new hires. Also, Indeed is very user friendly. This means that I don't have to micro manage the job postings. I can hand it over to my assistant and I don't have to worry about it. I also really like their analytics. It really helps me to optimize my postings so I can find the talent that I need. A feature that I really like is having applicants answer certain qualifying questions. This really speeds up the hiring process.

Cons

There isn't much that I don't like about Indeed but one thing that I must say is that I'm not a fan of the pay-per-click model for ads. With this model I have to pay for a lot of clicks that are irrelevant. If I post a job that looks enticing, I will get a lot of clicks from people who are just curious about the job and not serious about applying. One other thing would be the customer service. I wouldn't say that it's bad but it's not great. I've had issues with my Client Success Manager that has made things more difficult than they need be. This has been exacerbated since COVID-19. I'm hoping once things start to get back to normal I will get some more attention from my account manager and fix the issues that I'm having.

Will you Indeed get a job ?

Overall I have enjoyed Indeed but I still feel as though applications I have submitted were stuck in limbo. Indeed is usually my last option behind Linkedin and ZipRecruiter. The interface is very user friendly, so it is very easy for me to scroll through current job openings with ease. I would recommend this to someone who is very open about what jobs he/she wants and not so much stuck on one specific field. Also I think it is great for those who want a job but not sure what job as Indeed is great with showing a variety of different job postings within your area.

Pros

Indeed's website functionality is one of my favorite aspects that this software has to offer. Everything you need to apply to the job(s) of your choosing is just one click away. I also love how recruiters can find you without you doing any of the leg work. I actually got one of my favorite jobs this way and all I had to do was have an updated resume on my account. The criteria you have to fill out to find what you are looking for is as easy as 1-2-3.

Cons

One of my biggest dislikes about Indeed is sometimes you have to be very specific with your keywords or the website will pretty much show you every job within a 25 mile radius that has absolutely nothing to do with the choice of keywords you have supplies. For example if you type in "school secretary" Indeed will still show results that are similar such as "Dental office secretary" but not even in the ballpark of what you are looking for. Even if there is only one "school secretary" position located in my zip code and radius preference, I prefer that over continuously scrolling through secretary positions and never coming across what I am actually looking for.

Our Go-To Job Board for Hires

Other than our inconsistencies with our previous account team, our experience has been as expected. Indeed is our go-to job board that we can count on to produce a hire.

Pros

Indeed is easy to use and their tracking/analytic data has improved over the years. I am extremely hands on and like to set up, pause, delete our own sponsored job campaigns which they allow you to do. Finally was able to get our jobs scraped from our ATS Greenhouse onto Indeed so we do not have to manually post jobs anymore (THANK GOODNESS!). We hire about 30% of our employees from indeed.

Cons

Customer Support/Account Managers! Worked with our previous account manager for the last 4 years. He seemed spread too thin and was never my go-to for quick responses to questions I had about our account. He would consistently send e-mails about touching base and go unresponsive after we would respond about times we were available for a call. On multiple occasions we would have a call scheduled, would...

Whether finding candidates or job opportunities, this is the place.

I've used Indeed to post jobs and to find jobs. It's been successful for both, is easy to use, and makes posting and applying convenient and less time consuming.

Pros

For most employers, Indeed is the fist place a job opportunity gets posted. It's free and very widely used. So, whether you're searching for a job or for candidates, this is the one place where everyone comes together to make the most comprehensive list of both candidates and job postings. The free platform is great, but there are paid services with prices to fit even the smallest budget.

Cons

I'm scratching my head on this one. With all its free features, there really isn't a reason not to use Indeed. I think the appearance could be improved by changing the font and font sizes to be more modern and consistently sized. Company reviews would be more meaningful if they could be segregated into locations or divisions of a company. For example, if I'm applying for a job in accounting or posting an opening for the CFO position, and all the reviews are from warehouse employees complaining about heat and excess overtime, the company's review score isn't very meaningful. Or, if I'm applying for a job in New York, and the reviews are all from employees in California, that isn't meaningful. I have to search through individual reviews to find those that are relevant to me.

Indeed will take care of you!

It has been amazing. When I decided that it was time to look for a job with more hours, Indeed was the only obvious choice. With the amount of new listings everyday, anyone looking for a job with realistic expectations should be able to find what they need using Indeed. I highly recommend!

Pros

I find Indeed to be just about the best place to go when it comes to searching for new job opportunities. It always has the latest listings with a very easy to navigate user interface. Personally, I have received three job offers from interviews that I was able to secure using Indeed. I love that you can save the posts to easily go back to them later. I also frequently use the filter setting which makes it simple to narrow down the exact location and specific job type I am looking for.

Cons

Honestly, I have had no issues with Indeed. I have heard, however, that anyone can post a listing for any job, whether or not it is actually accurate. Due to the overwhelming amount of scam artists in the world today, I have made sure to keep a look out for this exact scenario. Personally, I have yet to come across it on Indeed. I have seen it many times on Craigslist though! Indeed is far superior to Craigslist!

Best of talent acquisition programs

I have used Indeed both as a job seeker as well as a person looking for talent to add to a team. I find that even with the tiny issues, it is a fantastic first stop for reaching out for most mid-level and entry level positions, technical programs, and service/retail jobs. The ability to mark corporations that peak an individual's interest for the future coupled with the conversation ability with the hiring team makes this the most obvious source for acquiring new employees or locating a new job.

Pros

This software has become the norm for most people in the vast majority of professional and technical fields, but also has branched out to the retail and service sectors. The ease of use for the person seeking employment and the ability of hiring personnel to navigate to those people who fit criteria for their openings is second to none. Indeed allows people who are unfamiliar with constructing a resume...

Cons

Talent acquisition individuals can sometimes not recognize that they have already been directed to an individual and repeat an invitation to apply for a specific position. The only other issue I have found is that people without a resume who use the Indeed builder do not always recognize the need to update their information because they are not prompted.

Indeed, the main candidate source

We have been using indeed to gather candidates for the past 3+ years and we have had amazing results, we have experienced immense growth using the tools the indeed provides and have been able to painting our growth for the past 3 years.

Pros

The amount of prospective candidate is higher than any other source, and the response time for posted ads is immediate. Candidates are aligned to the requirement of the postings, and are actively looking for jobs, and updating their information often.

Cons

I don't see many cons, the only one I could mention is the steep price, it is way higher than any other provider, but it also provides the best results.

Have used and referred others to this app/site since 2012, best job search app by far.

At the moment, none. I used Indeed briefly when I was managing a data collection call center but other than creating the initial posting I left most of this work to the HR department. We posted the exact same job description on Craigslist as well and I anylized the productivity numbers of the employees we found through Craigslist and Indeed and the employees we found from Indeed had a much higher...

Pros

I really like the ability to easily customize what you are searching for as far as employment opportunities go. Prior to starting my own e-commerce business/after my enlistment in the military I have used Indeed to find 3/5 of the jobs I've had during that period. The algorithms do an excellent job of providing relevant job opportunities based on data provided through the website and what I assume...

Cons

Unfortunately, although out of your control, it would be much more convenient if every job posting allowed for the quick apply feature, as mobile internet use is increasing year by year while desktop use is on a similar decline. It would also be nice if there were more options to customize the recommendations you receive. Although as I mentioned the Algorithms do a great job, it would be nice if...

Indeed

Overall, indeed has bred successful for me in my job hunt. I was able to apply for 20-50 jobs daily for 2 weeks nonstop with all the new jobs that were becoming available everyday. The setup was very quick and easy, uploading resumes and documents was simple, navigating the site as well as your account was easy as well. I would like to suggest an option to help build a resume that is professional rather than just having to you your own. Some people may not have a resume created yet or some may not be tech savvy and capable of creating their own resume. This may already be an option, but it’s just not professional enough. All In all, indeed is the top software to use for job hunting and I believe 9 out of 10 people are successful at finding a job using indeed.

Pros

Indeed is constantly updated daily with new available jobs. It will let you know the most recent jobs added, jobs you’ve viewed and applied for. Indeed will also share with you available jobs that are similar to the ones you’ve already applied for.

Cons

Some available jobs you apply for will have you redirected to the company website where you must sign up and create an account before you can apply and this can be very time consuming when you are putting in 100’s of applications daily.

One of the Best Job Search Services Available

In a word, Exceptional! Easy to use and effective. Nothing more to say.

Pros

Indeed is one of the leading job search and career advancement tools available. The web site is well organized and easy to navigate. You can search for jobs based on the title or description and narrow the search to specific geography. Once the job lists come up, you can extend the search to related positions using the titles in the jobs which are presented. Applying to jobs listed on Indeed is...

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like about Indeed.

Great Platform for Low Cost Recruiting

We've been using Indeed for recruitment (across many different types of positions) for five years now. I have nothing but good things to say about Indeed and my account rep.

Pros

I've been using Indeed as my primary source of recruitment for the past five years. It is a low cost recruiting platform. They have also added quite a few features over the past few years. Indeed allows end users to post their jobs for free or to set a specific budget for their job (based on cost per click). My case may be different as I've used it for so long, but I believe you are assigned a dedicated account rep to help you along the way and provide support should you have questions.

Cons

While very low cost, the cost per click method does charge you if someone clicks on your ad, whether they apply or not. This can sometimes result in maxing out your specific budget while receiving few candidates. However, from my experience, this is not typically the norm.

Very Helpful Tool

It was okay, I am happy with the end result, it was the process of getting there that could have been simplified.

Pros

What I liked most about this was that I could send questions to the applicant and if they could not answer those questions, then they would not be considered as an applicant. For the role we were hiring for, it was imperative that each candidate met that criteria, we did not want to waste our time or theirs skimming through all those pointless applications. If you dont meet our needs, you are not considered.

Cons

The only thing I did not like and it was actually a BIG DISLIKE is that I was only able to send just one aptitude test - just one!!!! That was extremely frustrating considering we needed to thoroughly pre-screen before bringing people in to interview. Because of this, we wasted so much of our time with people coming in to interview who truly were not a credible candidate. Most would lie on their resumes,...

Indeed Helps find the Perfect Job

Indeed has sent me jobs to look into that matches my resume and position objective criteria. Indeed has a plethora of employers looking for employees in just about every career field you can imagine. The experience I've had with Indeed has been always a pleasant one and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a job or looking for a great employee.

Pros

Indeed is easy to use and upload your resume to. Love how it's so easy to use and then when there's a match to your resume they will notify you. Indeed has helped many people find the right job. I have done resumes for people that ask my opinion for best site to look for work. I always recommend Indeed.

Cons

Sometimes a site will want both resume and the application and can be a bit time consuming to fix the format and like that. But wouldn't go to any other job site still.

Being Recruiter

Overall experience with Indeed was awesome. As I have used it in my last organisation thoroughly and in present one a bit. But the most helpful thing was it's job posting. You just need to post a job with your unique job description along with the location and specification, then put your email id and boom you will start getting the applications on your email once your job gets published. It may sound like very general as we are having other tools for the same. But trust me the job applications from Indeed is far more better.

Pros

Indeed is a one of the best job board I came across for finding the relevant resumes. I am a US Recruiter but sometimes I also need to recruit for my internal hiring. I found the Indeed to be the best way of finding the profiles of the candidates, who were really interested in the job openings. Indeed provides a great platform for the one who are looking for jobs and also for them who are looking for consultants. It has many features and options to refine your search of applications and make your search more powerful. One who is looking for job can also, post their resumes and can modify their profile according to their need and requirement. It has too many options that you will definitely love. More over the Job Positing in Indeed is the best.

Cons

The only thing I would write here is, that it is bit expensive. But this is only for the employers, applicants can access their indeed profile for free of cost. There are some bugs which needs to fixed. That is it.

Good for finding local work

Overall, my experience with Indeed has been very positive. I am able to use their software to have focused searches for employment, while not being bombarded with scammers and underpaying positions. I can really appreciate that now given how wide the internet has become, and how much "fake news" and "fake jobs" are out there.

Pros

I have used Indeed countless times when I was searching for a job in my field. The ability to have a focused search on Indeed is one of the outstanding aspects of this software. Finding a job can be difficult, especially if you have a specialty and you aren't just looking for any old dish-washing job. What I like most about the software is that it focuses on quality jobs, it shows you where it is located,...

Cons

I do not have a huge amount of negatives. If there was a way to streamline putting in your information that would be a more helpful part of the software for me. I would also like to be able to see some background about the company directly on the website, that way I can judge for myself if they are good enough to apply to. Or maybe have people rate them or show the average pay? I am not sure, however more info to me is always best when applying for jobs. Even when I am looking for short part time work outside of my self employment I like to do this.