Dialpad Logo
Dialpad

Cloud communications system for enterprise businesses.

visit website

Dialpad Reviews

4.3

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.39/10

Reviews by rating

We have found this to be a reliable phone service alternative to Vonage that we previously used. The price is right, the functionality is good, and we are pleased with the service.
Dialpad offers a number of comprehensive features that will suit most growing businesses needs, most important of which is the ability to take work calls from a personal cellphone.
It took me more than 6 months to be able to transfer my number out. They can be very misleading and reject your transfer out requests even after you follow their strict procedures.
Every once in a while, there will be some choppy calls, which can be frustrating.
The software sometimes doesn't alert me when I have a call then automatically says I have missed the call.

ER

Erin R.

Executive Director

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Easy Transition. Great Ongoing

Transcript

Erin R.: Hi, my name is Erin. I'm an executive director and this is a review for Dialpad, which I give...

JO

JASON O.

Managing Attorney

Law Practice, self-employed

Great features at a good price

Transcript

Jason O.: My name is Jason. I'm a senior attorney and realtor, and I give Dialpad a five out of five....

Steven G.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

End-all for hosted phone / fax

Overall, it's the most progressive VOIP option with the most current and cutting edge features. It's also less expensive than the competition. I won't switch to another provider for the forseeable future.

Pros

Dialpad is one of the newest VOIP providers and feels that way- their design and feature set always seem to be a couple steps ahead of their competition. They pushed the softphone-forward model from launch, making deskphones a less preferred option. They integrate messaging fairly well into the app, and include all their features at one pricing tier instead of nickel and diming for upgrades. The app is upgraded at least weekly with tweaks or new features.

Cons

The interface still needs a little work; it's hard to tell when new text messages come in and there's no way to filter/sort/search in an efficient manner. Same goes for voicemails. The internal contact directory is helpful but not able to be "managed" in terms of combining dupes or bulk editing.

IM

Ian M.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees

Great interface but could improve integrations

It is a great tool for handling calls and texts, but the lack of integrations may end up becoming a dealbreaker as we consolidate and streamline our tools if we can find something that will better integrate with Front.

Pros

The interface is very user friendly and easy to learn. Great feed of recorded calls and texts to see communication history with contacts.

Cons

Number one biggest issue is that text messages cannot integrate into Front to be handled there. Better Front integration for that specifically and in general would be a game changer for us. Would be great if names would update in Dialpad for the contact center from the Hubspot integration as well. Finally, it also often defaults to personal contacts over contact center contacts, which can make team collaboration more difficult.

AK

Amber K.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Cheaper than most, but you get what you pay for..

I feel like the cons outweigh the pros at this point. We have had the system for 9 months and I am ready to go back to regular desk phones and a local phone/internet company.

Pros

I love the features and they are easy to change and update. Being able to get rid of desk phones and give every employee their own direct line number is great ( for the employees who need one) Transferring calls is easy and I like the feature that it asks you if you would like to "ask" the person if they want to take the call or not. I love that it keeps track of phone calls, times, and send monthly reports regarding all calls ( dropped calls, missed, minutes used etc.) Being able to easily transfer calls to an employees cell phone is useful.

Cons

It starts to get a little pricey the most employees you have. The "Fees" attached to the price are outrageous! These fees are described as : "Federal Universal Service Fund" , "Federal Regulatory Assessment Fee", "State and Local taxes" , and "Compliance and Administrative Cost Recovery" ( the compliance and administrative cost recover is the highest fee and I have no idea what it means or what it...

KS

Katie S.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Great service, just a few things that are hard to find

It was a huge upgrade from Google Voice and I've been happy overall.

Pros

I really like the sound quality of the phone call. The department and contacts are easy to access too. I really like that a text can be marked unread, and that calls and voicemails are transcribed as well as recorded. Images are easy to send as well. The round robin call rotation is great.

Cons

It's difficult to mark a voicemail unread. Often there is a delay when a call begins. I can't drag text into the message to copy, or highlight and drag phone numbers and text out of Dialpad to copy to accounts. Video is very small when sent through Dialpad.

BA

Bryan A.

Facilities Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Onboarding/Migrating

Onboarding was smooth. We transitioned from Mitel with 60 lines. Because the porting was so smooth, I was thanked for how well it went. We are so thankful to be out of Mitel services and into one system.

Pros

Mobile/Desk/Web-app allows me to switch between device seamlessly without the caller knowing. The call transcriptions and recording is great to review calls. I really like the Google integration as well.

Cons

I would like the API to provide call transcripts with Zapier. This will allow me to create a webhook I can then pass to my CRM to create a case if needed. Sometimes my mobile app on Android when my screen is locked and the device rings through Dialpad the app hides. I have to unlock the phone and by then the caller hangs up.

Garrett O.

Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 11-50 employees

They will hold you hostage.

Pros

Be very cautious when entering into an agreement with Dialpad. Dialpad has a great product. However, they will hold you hostage should you want to make any changes to your account. We have doubled the number of users but our price has gone up more than 10x what we were originally paying in 2020. They are charging us for things we don't want, don't need. They keep telling us they will downgrade and then they don't. They literally will not respond to you for months. We have been going back and forth for 9 months on this.

Cons

Ethics. The people on our account have been not wonderfully helpful.

ER

Erin R.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Easy Transition. Great Ongoing

Consolidation of products- we don't need a separate conference call plan or a separate text platform.

Pros

With a sudden switch to remote offices we needed a system with direct lines, ability to transfer calls, video conferencing and FERRPA compliant texting. DialPad had everything we needed. Customer service was there at every turn to help us set up and even import or address book. We have had no issues with the calls, VM or video conference.

Cons

When you are receiving a call you must press 1 to prove you are not a VM. It increases the time the caller waits.

WB

Wendy B.

Telecommunications, self-employed

Great platform for an inbound/outbound call center.

As a newly launched small business, Dialpad has enabled me to provided 24 hour, excellent service to my clients.

Pros

The convenience of the set up and implementation.

Cons

Can't think of any at this time. Everything about the software has been above my expectations.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Great Product

Pros

We love how easy it is for our team to communicate with clients and vendors. It's so great for every one on our team to be able to see call logs and messages.

Cons

We see several dropped calls and at times it can be confusing to find messages

Dysiree R.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Dial Pad Versus Other Phone System

My experience was great, basically it does the job we need so I am satisfied with that. But to be more advanced, the system needs more improvement and I hope they could make it more user-friendly​.

Pros

If you are looking for a ​cheaper phone service, that does the job of catering your customer's, this might be the one for you. Way cheaper than Ring Central and The Customer​ Service is Up top, but SOMETIMES not so easy to get in touch with especially​ on weekends. However, I highly recommend​ their service as they are very fair to their users, For instance, when we were still getting used to the system,​ we have 4 phone lines that were reserved and we weren't aware that it was being billed, but the customer service steeped in and refunded the cost of the unused lines RIGHT AWAY, they are easy to negotiate with.

Cons

The Software is basic, but not that very user-friendly compared to ring central. We've been using Ring Central for a few years before we shifted to Dial Pad. Recordings are not easily located, when you try searching the phone number on the call logs, it will just give you the activity and the only way for you to turn on the recording is to manually​ turn it on while on a phone call, there must be...

MJ

Milan J.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Dialpad Review

Overall, the experience with Dialpad is quite positive. We came from another in house VOIP solution, and knowing that you always have someone ready to help you , gives you peace of mind. It does what its supposed to do, and the majority of the time it does it well!

Pros

One of the best features Dialpad has to offer is the ability to integrate with other services. Single sign on makes accessing Dialpad a breeze, and with GSuite requires one less password for myself, and all of our users. We all have so many passwords that we need some form of software to maintain them all! Interaction with other users through Gsuite, Salesforce, and many others also show up in the...

Cons

Its hard to list many cons, as we have only ever experienced a few, but here they are. Not all bluetooth, or wireless headsets play well with Dialpad. We have had to switch the headsets that a handful of our users depend on. That being said, once you have found one that works well, there are no problems. One other problem that we have encoutered is dropped calls, or unresponsive application. Most of the time, a simple restart of the application, or computer will resolve these issues, but they are still issues. Last but not least, the frequent updates. While it is good to continuously provide important updates, it feels like there is one every week, and not all users are comfortable with making these changes.

Cloud-Based Office Phones Increase Productivity

Pros

I admit I was somewhat hesitant for our office to move from a traditional phone system to a cloud-based one. After using Dialpad for nearly a year, I honestly can't remember why I had hesitations in the first place! This system makes my work communication simple and efficient. I'm in and out of the office all the time, so it's been great to be able to answer work calls wherever I am. Our staff uses...

Cons

The number one issue you will need to get used to using this product is the slight delay that happens from when you speak your words to when they are actually heard. This results in a lot of accidental talking over your caller, but once you use the product for a while, you will get the hang of it. You can set up the app to use wifi or your calling plan. If you use your calling plan (which you must...

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Promising service BUT...

Mobile communications for a small business. Call recording. Conference calls.

Pros

In fairness to the "But/Cons" that I will mention, this is the second business that I've used Dialpad for. I've loved the flexibility of the service! Apps for all big platforms, and it has been fairly reliable for VOIP. I love their call recording and uberconference is decent although it would be SO helpful to be able to share videos better.

Cons

There are some features that a business would expect to have. The ability to delete a license or to migrate a user... or to view messages from an employee. Why wouldn't an admin have access to this? THis is a business service not for personal calls!!! I had a huge issue with an user threatening to sue & harm me and was contacting my clients and badmouthing my business. Dialpad said that I would...

TS

Tyler S.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

An Amazing Softphone System

We switched from a standard phone system, not even VOIP, to this and has helped tremendously. It helped handle and port calls to the right department, fend off solicitations and auto spam callers. We can transfer calls, have a funny hold tune, and more features that are being released as time goes on that brings us and our customers value.

Pros

Easy. Helps cut down on spam calls when auto attendant is set up. Decent integration with Google. It has Uberconfernece, which has cool features for a group call. You can set up departments that are multiple user ringing lines. Easy to setup. Easy and fast editing if you have alternative hours of operation a certain week. Recordings and Voicemails can be saved to your google drive! Reporting shows a lot that helps visualize what you're dealing with. Contacts can be auto-imported into your Google Contacts list. Notifications on missed calls and voicemails. You can turn on when you're in business, so that phone calls go straight to voicemail after a greeting after hours.

Cons

Sometimes has issues with dropping calls sometimes. Sometimes can be a hassle if your headphone system isn't set up on the first call of the day, whether user error or settings getting mixed around automatically.

JF

Joshua F.

Day 1 and we had to drop them

Horrible. They were very helpful during the sales process but the second we actually tried to use it, we realized how horrible it truly was. Now we have to port to a new service.

Pros

We liked that it gave the option to integrate with Clio

Cons

The first day we had to submit three support tickets because nothing was working properly Within the first hour of having our number ported we noticed we couldn't get call routing activated to forward all calls to our answering service so the three employees of our firm had to man the phones while Dialpad figured out what to do Then we noticed all the problems with the text messages. It doesn't organize...

SY

Shade Y.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

best service for telemarketing

it's the best choice for home offce and works great with large teams

Pros

this software is very easy to use and also allows the user to have access everywhere they are with their laptop or PC unlike other apps that can only be used in the office, so it was a great prek during the pandemic time with home office

Cons

download and the process to run the software was very slow, but the contcat ceter replied very fast and helped us make the transition easy

DP

DYLAN P.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

The amount of times I hear "Dialpad is so bad" in a week

I hate it more than any other product I have ever used. There are at least another dozen people I work with that feel the same way. How is it possible that the phone was invented in 1876 and in 2019, I have about a 50% chance of my call failing.

Pros

I really don't know if I have anything positive to say about Dialpad. I've used the product for a long time and I'm blown away that my organization still uses this product. Maybe it's inexpensive?

Cons

Ok here's my list: - The application is always getting confused between your salesforce plugin and desktop application - The Salesforce app is unreliable - The desktop app is unreliable - When I hit dial there is like a 30% chance I won't get audio in my headset even though the call is clearly happening - If I unplug my computer from my headset and plug it back in without closing the reopening the application it will likely not work - If you want to frustrate your sales org.... buy Dialpad - people call me and it's hard to even tell that you got a missed call or a VM - The contact info doesn't show-up even if the contact is listed in SalesForce

DT

Dan T.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Executed a Licensing Agreement then Immediately Broke Contract

Pros

The general idea behind the software is good.

Cons

We have been using dialpad for around a year now. The software itself is clunky but generally gets the job done, albeit after significant time tweaking everything. We have four desk phones that mostly work, but most features you would expect in a desk phone don't work with Dialpad. What really makes the software unusable is the support behind it. We applied to their latest "startup" offering and got...

CY

Chris Y.

Writing and Editing, 1-10 employees

meeting our needs

Overall, I love the product. The ability to create dept's to assist in monitoring other employees has been exceptionally useful. Whether during vacation times or transitioning of new employees, being able to see, field and maintain calls that may have otherwise sat in voicemail helps to keep us up to date with all of our clients.

Pros

While our needs our basically simple, reliable phone service, the ability to text, the ability to review and save phone transcripts, uberconference have all proven to be very useful to us. Dialpad everywhere is excellent. It is great to have access across all my devices.

Cons

Hard to say least about any of it. Adaptability with Amazon Alexa has proven difficult, but not overly important to us at this time. I still am not certain of the benefit of integrating MS Teams as opposed to running it separate and independent.

CJ

Colin J.

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

Lacking in customer support and basic functionality

Pros

Relatively easy to set up and manage. Call quality seems to be good for the most part.

Cons

Customer support is not responsive and our Account Manager and the [sensitive content hidden] , have been less than helpful. Call center functionality is not good. Texting back and forth to customers from shared lines is very difficult.

Michael G.

Dialpad is great

Dialpad is amazing and the integrations with other software make it the best VOIP system for my firm.

Pros

I love how this software allows me to transfer from my computer to my mobile phone seamlessly.

Cons

Sometimes the calls drop when transferring from data to cellular on active calls.

JS

Joshua S.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Not what was expected - was sold the dream

I personally do not recommend.

Pros

Cost compared to the market was good as they cut a good deal.

Cons

The onboarding was terrible, months delayed (despite paying from the date of the contract being signed) and very little correspondence due to Dialpad being overwhelmed with new customers.

Flashy, Expensive, Reliable

Because me and my colleagues often work on the road or from home, it is essential that clients have a single number to reach us no matter where we are. Dialpad offers that, but only as a single point of contact for the organization (although I could pay a bunch more and have extensions or separate numbers, as mentioned above). The reliability is great, ease of use is ok, functionality for the price is low.

Pros

The interface is sleek, albeit a bit difficult to navigate. Once you know where to look for the functionality you need, it's great. The other thing I'd mention is uptime/reliability--I've never encountered a problem in that regard.

Cons

The thing that I would LOVE to see from Dialpad is the ability to have at least some extensions (for departments or individuals) without paying for them. Other providers, e.g. Grasshopper, offer this functionality as standard, and it is super useful. Even if Dialpad charged a couple dollars per month per extension, that would be fine. But as of now that functionality is not offered at a reasonable price.

AZ

Ante Z.

Banking, 51-200 employees

Great Product and easy to use

Very good, recently discovered the ability to screenshare and present to people we call, which is helpful in our industry.

Pros

East of use and the interface is excellent and pretty intuitive overall. Works well with pulling customer data in from salesforce lead management system.

Cons

Sometimes the system hangs and doesn't complete outgoing calls and the call is abandoned, this gets fixed with a computer restart, honestly might not be a software issue.

Noime T.

Hospitality, 501-1,000 employees

It is not perfect but it is a great tool for doing long distance telephone call

I use it every day and it works well sometimes and when that happens, I am able to make a sale. I also like that you are able to record your call and even if you forget to record the call, it can automatically translate your call into a written conversation which is nice when you are dealing with sales and agreement

Pros

You can contact clients regardless of where they are even if they do not have an internet connection since it acts as a telephone call and not an internet call

Cons

The connection sometimes is very bad and there is so much latency and issues when I use wireless headphones. My wireless headphone works well on my other software. Also, there are some phone numbers that you are not able to send a message to which could be helpful since dial pad can send text messages.