Dialpad Reviews

Pros

The handoff between devices works very well. The call quality is excellent and the price is perfect for all the features that are included.

Nik K.

We have found this to be a reliable phone service alternative to Vonage that we previously used. The price is right, the functionality is good, and we are pleased with the service.

Sarah S.

This company is THE BEST w customer service!!! Nice friendly and fast. They always answer and help resolve any problems.

Kellie J.

Cons

It took me more than 6 months to be able to transfer my number out. They can be very misleading and reject your transfer out requests even after you follow their strict procedures.

Pedro D.

Every once in a while, there will be some choppy calls, which can be frustrating.

Jeddore M.

The software sometimes doesn't alert me when I have a call then automatically says I have missed the call.

Hannah B.

Easy Transition. Great Ongoing

Transcript

Erin R.: Hi, my name is Erin. I'm an executive director and this is a review for Dialpad, which I give...

Great features at a good price

Transcript

Jason O.: My name is Jason. I'm a senior attorney and realtor, and I give Dialpad a five out of five....

An app that you would not stop using!

Quality, Dialpad talk not only allow us to answer and make calls, but we can use it to track every possible KPI and with that, keeping the quality of the service by auditing each interaction.

Pros

Dialpad talk has several features but the most amazing one if Voice AI, it allows us to identify the matter of a call and lead us to analyze every interaction.

Cons

Groups, we would like to have more control about groups of people created within the app, due to the current moment we are living (pandemic) we are more connected than ever, and people love personalizing their groups.

Artificial feature limitations soured my experience with Dialpad

Once the port issues were resolved it is generally fine and easy to use, although I am disappointed that several basic features are excluded at the price we are paying, which is not exactly cheap compared to competitors. I may switch to a different to gain access to the features that Dialpad refuses to provide without spending more money.

Pros

Native app is easy to use, and easy integration with Google Contacts makes dialing a snap. All users can dial out VoiceIntelligence transcripts are useful and automatically generated. The accuracy is about 80%, usually good enough to easily tell what was being discussed even if some of the words are transcribed incorrectly.

Cons

The port experience was a disaster. There was a goof somewhere and this left me without the ability to receive or make phone calls on my business' primary phone number at either Dialpad or at my prior provider (Google Voice) and the support did not make me feel like fixing this was a priority for them, never providing updates. It eventually got fixed. The product has arbitrary and foolish feature limitations that feel unnecessary and petty. I am paying good money for this product and yet cannot access even a basic IVR because I am not an enterprise customer with more than 100 users. An IVR is absolutely basic functionality for a phone service with more than one user. We also cannot set holidays on our service because we need to be in a more expensive plan to do that.

Cheaper than most, but you get what you pay for..

I feel like the cons outweigh the pros at this point. We have had the system for 9 months and I am ready to go back to regular desk phones and a local phone/internet company.

Pros

I love the features and they are easy to change and update. Being able to get rid of desk phones and give every employee their own direct line number is great ( for the employees who need one) Transferring calls is easy and I like the feature that it asks you if you would like to "ask" the person if they want to take the call or not. I love that it keeps track of phone calls, times, and send monthly reports regarding all calls ( dropped calls, missed, minutes used etc.) Being able to easily transfer calls to an employees cell phone is useful.

Cons

It starts to get a little pricey the most employees you have. The "Fees" attached to the price are outrageous! These fees are described as : "Federal Universal Service Fund" , "Federal Regulatory Assessment Fee", "State and Local taxes" , and "Compliance and Administrative Cost Recovery" ( the compliance and administrative cost recover is the highest fee and I have no idea what it means or what it...

Great option for VOIP, sometimes unreliable.

Overall good experience. Sometimes unreliable. Ended up switching to google voice due to the cheaper price and the reliability issues we had.

Pros

Easy to use with a desk phone and cellphone. Call routing easy to change and update. Many features for call routing during business hours and non business hours. Liked that I could set a different voicemail for different times of the day and for vacation or out of office time.

Cons

Sometimes unreliable where it would ring on the desktop only and not the desk phone, and vice versa. Sometimes calls did not go to my cellphone and it would come in as a voicemail. Happened about 10% of the time so it was often enough to be an issue.

This is the next step in IP phones - Perfect for working from home

This has been one of the best decisions our IT team has made. We tested the other cloud phone providers, with none providing the fully featured, simple and reliable system as Dialpad. Adding users, configuring phone trees, configuring main lines, adding fax, everything is simple, fast, and intuitive in their system. With integration into Hubspot, which we already used as our CRM, our management has even more insight into their sales team's performance. Our user feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Our ability to have users work from home and have 100% full phone access cannot be overstated. This is probably the biggest takeaway anyone should take from reading this. Absolutely no disruption in our ability to call or make calls when switching our entire office to working from home.

Pros

Deployment cannot get any more simple. Set up the user in the web interface, put in 4 digit activation code on phone. Done. Work from home - SIMPLE. With Office 365 integration, users simply use their email and pass to sign into Dialpad from their personal cell phone, personal computer, work computer, anywhere. Just moved offices, our phone system was the only system that required no extra setup. Just plug in at the new location, and everyone is working like normal. Simple and intuitive. Reliable, priced perfectly, full of features.

Cons

I used to have cons with the limited abilities admins had over users' settings like call forwarding (for example, if an employee is sick and forgot to set her calls to forward to someone else). This has been fixed recently, and at this point I cannot think of any con.

I Love It!

Efficiency is the right word to sum it up with DialPad. Dialpad has brought Efficiency with my business. I'm able to connect with my clients right from the start. DialPad allows me to prepare to take a call by sending a notification to my device or desktop. I'm ready for every call.

Pros

I love how DialPad offers all of the contacts information right there all at one time. You can check and see the last email, text, appointment. Also, you can view tips to use in you conversation.

Cons

I don't have a whole lot of cons for Dialpad. The only thing, I may say is when there time for an update, my app starts to disconnect a bit when receiving calls/text messages. Other than that, I use DialPad on a daily basis all day long. It's the first thing I bring up on my computer and on my cell phone when I'm on the go. I never miss a call or a message. It's the life of my business.

State of the ART Phone System!

It provided us with the ability to text and send pictures from any of our users. It is also nice to know that when we experience power outages, we can still use the mobile app to make and receive phone calls.

Pros

I like the call recording features where it records incoming and outgoing alot. It also has the ability for you to be able to see who, what, and when user that communicated with the callers. The communication for the mobile app matches with what is on the desktop and brower app. So if any of our team ever calls in sick, we can still see who spoke to the caller last.

Cons

I do wish there were more permission settings to add a user (employee) in the field and only allow them to make outgoing or incoming phone calls. Also, I think pricing should be less for a user who is out in the field who only needs limited functions.

Great service, just a few things that are hard to find

It was a huge upgrade from Google Voice and I've been happy overall.

Pros

I really like the sound quality of the phone call. The department and contacts are easy to access too. I really like that a text can be marked unread, and that calls and voicemails are transcribed as well as recorded. Images are easy to send as well. The round robin call rotation is great.

Cons

It's difficult to mark a voicemail unread. Often there is a delay when a call begins. I can't drag text into the message to copy, or highlight and drag phone numbers and text out of Dialpad to copy to accounts. Video is very small when sent through Dialpad.

Dialpad functions are awesome!

Awesome! Tried to switch and the other provider has been around much longer but doesn't have near the technology and capabilities and reporting of Dialpad. If you want the most advanced phone service from a tech and artificial intelligence standpoint there is nothing I've found that rivals Dialpad.

Pros

Ease of use and the integrated functions or text and picture messaging.

Cons

Sometimes the call quality isnt great but a quick reset or update generally fixes it and Dialpad is always improving!

Easy Transition. Great Ongoing

Consolidation of products- we don't need a separate conference call plan or a separate text platform.

Pros

With a sudden switch to remote offices we needed a system with direct lines, ability to transfer calls, video conferencing and FERRPA compliant texting. DialPad had everything we needed. Customer service was there at every turn to help us set up and even import or address book. We have had no issues with the calls, VM or video conference.

Cons

When you are receiving a call you must press 1 to prove you are not a VM. It increases the time the caller waits.

Dialpad is a perfect solution for any business

We subscribed to Dialpad when we moved office suites. And it immediately became a very productive tool. I had to travel for business and the mobility was very useful. I had all my call history, my notes, all at my fingertips. And when I received a call in the office, and it was too loud, I simply clicked on my cell and continued the conversation while walk. And the biggest advantage to productivity...

Pros

What we like most about this product is that it is intuitive and versatile. We ported out two business numbers, and we also received each our own cell number which is great to use for business. We can use it on the road, at the office and while traveling, so its perfect, we never miss a call. And by setting up groups we can put one phone on "do not disturb" and still have others answer, plus we can...

Cons

I think some of the options should be included in every solution, for example, the dictionary. Other than that I cannot find anything I dislike.

Solid, easy to use, easy to administer platform

Dialpad is a solid platform that is very easy to set up and configure, and relatively cost effective, in relation to other platforms on the market. Our only complaint is the reliability of Dialpad. It's not a huge issue, but even if one call drops a week, it's annoying.

Pros

We are a software start up with less than 25 employees, of which 12 have Dialpad accounts. We have fairly basic needs, in the sense that each user needs a direct number to place and receive calls/texts, and for those same users to take calls from 'shared' phone numbers, such as support, and sales. The administrative features of Dialpad are easy to learn, use, configure, without having to spend hours self educating on a knowledge base, or through trial and error. This includes functions such as: - Creating new users. - Configuring phone lines (like sales or support) with voicemails, call routing, IVR.

Cons

1 - Desktop app reliability (Mac) I've found the Desktop top app to be consistently inconsistent, in the quality of calls, and general usability. I've used Dialpad for 3 years, and always have the newest Mac & software updates. For example, sometimes I will answer a call, and the person cannot hear me. This is even more frustrating in cases where I've been waiting on hold for a long time, only to...

Dial Pad Versus Other Phone System

My experience was great, basically it does the job we need so I am satisfied with that. But to be more advanced, the system needs more improvement and I hope they could make it more user-friendly​.

Pros

If you are looking for a ​cheaper phone service, that does the job of catering your customer's, this might be the one for you. Way cheaper than Ring Central and The Customer​ Service is Up top, but SOMETIMES not so easy to get in touch with especially​ on weekends. However, I highly recommend​ their service as they are very fair to their users, For instance, when we were still getting used to the system,​ we have 4 phone lines that were reserved and we weren't aware that it was being billed, but the customer service steeped in and refunded the cost of the unused lines RIGHT AWAY, they are easy to negotiate with.

Cons

The Software is basic, but not that very user-friendly compared to ring central. We've been using Ring Central for a few years before we shifted to Dial Pad. Recordings are not easily located, when you try searching the phone number on the call logs, it will just give you the activity and the only way for you to turn on the recording is to manually​ turn it on while on a phone call, there must be...

Dialpad Review

Overall, the experience with Dialpad is quite positive. We came from another in house VOIP solution, and knowing that you always have someone ready to help you , gives you peace of mind. It does what its supposed to do, and the majority of the time it does it well!

Pros

One of the best features Dialpad has to offer is the ability to integrate with other services. Single sign on makes accessing Dialpad a breeze, and with GSuite requires one less password for myself, and all of our users. We all have so many passwords that we need some form of software to maintain them all! Interaction with other users through Gsuite, Salesforce, and many others also show up in the...

Cons

Its hard to list many cons, as we have only ever experienced a few, but here they are. Not all bluetooth, or wireless headsets play well with Dialpad. We have had to switch the headsets that a handful of our users depend on. That being said, once you have found one that works well, there are no problems. One other problem that we have encoutered is dropped calls, or unresponsive application. Most of the time, a simple restart of the application, or computer will resolve these issues, but they are still issues. Last but not least, the frequent updates. While it is good to continuously provide important updates, it feels like there is one every week, and not all users are comfortable with making these changes.

The most advanced and affordable option out there

I love Dialpad. We started with Google Voice back in the day, but abandoned it because it wasn't a flexible office phone solution. Then we jumped into Switch.co because it promised a lot that Google Voice lacked. It wasn't quite right for us yet so we went away from that too. I also tried other solutions along the way. After a few years, Switch.co matured and was rebranded into Dialpad. Since that...

Pros

1) Works on ios/android, computer, and desktop phone. It works well on all the devices I use. 2) You can transfer calls between devices. 3) Each month it gets increasingly better with regular software updates. 4) Simple management of our team phone numbers and departments. 5) It allows for better general office number handling.

Cons

1) When switching from wifi to cellular LTE the call often drops or has issues for a bit (ie. leaving the office, with HD calling enabled) 2) Not great conference integration. I'd rather see a great video chat solution that integrates smoothly, than halfway-there uberconference integration. The pricing is silly w/ uberconference, every one of my lines doesn't need their own uberconference, we really only need 1 or 2 lines.

Cloud-Based Office Phones Increase Productivity

Pros

I admit I was somewhat hesitant for our office to move from a traditional phone system to a cloud-based one. After using Dialpad for nearly a year, I honestly can't remember why I had hesitations in the first place! This system makes my work communication simple and efficient. I'm in and out of the office all the time, so it's been great to be able to answer work calls wherever I am. Our staff uses...

Cons

The number one issue you will need to get used to using this product is the slight delay that happens from when you speak your words to when they are actually heard. This results in a lot of accidental talking over your caller, but once you use the product for a while, you will get the hang of it. You can set up the app to use wifi or your calling plan. If you use your calling plan (which you must...

Promising service BUT...

Mobile communications for a small business. Call recording. Conference calls.

Pros

In fairness to the "But/Cons" that I will mention, this is the second business that I've used Dialpad for. I've loved the flexibility of the service! Apps for all big platforms, and it has been fairly reliable for VOIP. I love their call recording and uberconference is decent although it would be SO helpful to be able to share videos better.

Cons

There are some features that a business would expect to have. The ability to delete a license or to migrate a user... or to view messages from an employee. Why wouldn't an admin have access to this? THis is a business service not for personal calls!!! I had a huge issue with an user threatening to sue & harm me and was contacting my clients and badmouthing my business. Dialpad said that I would...

Effective and helpful VOIP system with some quirks

I am pleased but want more reliability.

Pros

This VOIP platform continues to grow better and offer more features and allows me to access my calls and clients on my cell phone and computer.

Cons

It was having issues on older Android phone and would switch to my personal voicemail. Also I was given 2 numbers and can't seem to control which one I send texts to customers always.

Has been a great piece of software for my business

This software has allowed me to spin up or down business operations with the flip of a switch, and gives you a VERY full featured office phone solution for a fraction of the price of other companies. When comparing this to hardline phone systems, I honestly don't know why any company wouldn't just use this instead (as long as your computer has an ethernet connection).

Pros

I like that the software is affordable, reliable, and accessible in many different ways. I use it as the main business line for my company and adding/removing users is super easy, creating a main line is easy, and having access to your phone via apps anywhere you are is fantastic. I also am very impressed with their quality and their customer support. I was having an issue with call quality, and I couldn't tell if it was my bluetooth headphones or my wifi. Their team got REALLY technical digging into the transmission details from my call, and told me there was a lot of chatter on the wifi. I ended up just running an ethernet cable and have literally zero problems anymore.

Cons

The mobile app is good, but somehow not as reliable as the desktop software. I've had some issues making calls, and turn around and dial from my regular phone number and it works fine. I would suspect this has something to do with the fact that Dialpad uses internet instead of the regular phone line, but if I have plenty of LTE signal for a phone call I would think Dialpad would also work. As a result I generally just feel safer taking important calls from the desktop.

An Amazing Softphone System

We switched from a standard phone system, not even VOIP, to this and has helped tremendously. It helped handle and port calls to the right department, fend off solicitations and auto spam callers. We can transfer calls, have a funny hold tune, and more features that are being released as time goes on that brings us and our customers value.

Pros

Easy. Helps cut down on spam calls when auto attendant is set up. Decent integration with Google. It has Uberconfernece, which has cool features for a group call. You can set up departments that are multiple user ringing lines. Easy to setup. Easy and fast editing if you have alternative hours of operation a certain week. Recordings and Voicemails can be saved to your google drive! Reporting shows a lot that helps visualize what you're dealing with. Contacts can be auto-imported into your Google Contacts list. Notifications on missed calls and voicemails. You can turn on when you're in business, so that phone calls go straight to voicemail after a greeting after hours.

Cons

Sometimes has issues with dropping calls sometimes. Sometimes can be a hassle if your headphone system isn't set up on the first call of the day, whether user error or settings getting mixed around automatically.

Designed for BIG, but no SMALL business should be without it...

Overall, I've been a Dialpad user since before they were Dialpad (called Switch back then). Like any business that's growing, some things had to get cherry picked down, like direct phone support for smaller users. The forums are a good place to start, and most of my email support tickets have been resolved in timely manners -- including porting of numbers -- but not being able to pick up the phone and call support is a little worrisome. Still, the service is usually rock solid and integrates well across my four computer and three iOS devices. It is a true virtual phone system that sounds fantastic and crushes the competition. If they could integrate with a spam call service like Hiya, then I think it would be everyone's go to for small and medium business, for sure.

Pros

I'm pretty much a one man show, but I offer three different lines of services. I also have a cell phone number that goes back to 1998, so I like to keep it private from the business world. Dialpad allows me to separate all three service lines into their own department, with their own phone numbers and/or extensions, while keeping my personal cell number 100% private.

Cons

Some features offered on Android are not on iOS and vice versa. One of the biggest grips I have is that the pings for text messages to mainline and department lines don't present a notification on the iPhone. This can prove troublesome in an emergency, as I only see them when I open up the app and the department icon shows it.

Good app for small business but a little glitch for large ones

Pros

It needs simple installation via chrome apps store with simple Google or Microsoft authentication. It will start working in couple of minutes. One can easily accept and move calls between my PC and mobile app seamlessly without any interruption. Audio quality is up to mark. It's easy to add contact, it email us as soon as we have a voice mail. Easy to answer when the clients call. Dial pad app seamlessly...

Cons

There are no emoticons, which makes it less competitive than Skype. There are some features missing like immediate forwards to a non Dial pad number. Also when the demand gets high there is no call waiting or even any alert letting them know there is another call coming inn which makes the software impartial.

Very easy to use!

Pros

The cross-platform compatibility and ease of use. If I've missed a call and/or have a voice mail from my wired connection I can review and listen from any mobile device using the Dialpad app. Also the voice-to-text feature is convenient for those times that you don't have the option to listen to a voice mail.

Cons

I am happy with this product. If I could change only one thing it would be the voice-to-text feature regarding voice mail messages. The accuracy could be improved some, but this feature on most voice-to-text services are about the same for accuracy.

Great interface but could improve integrations

It is a great tool for handling calls and texts, but the lack of integrations may end up becoming a dealbreaker as we consolidate and streamline our tools if we can find something that will better integrate with Front.

Pros

The interface is very user friendly and easy to learn. Great feed of recorded calls and texts to see communication history with contacts.

Cons

Number one biggest issue is that text messages cannot integrate into Front to be handled there. Better Front integration for that specifically and in general would be a game changer for us. Would be great if names would update in Dialpad for the contact center from the Hubspot integration as well. Finally, it also often defaults to personal contacts over contact center contacts, which can make team collaboration more difficult.

best service for telemarketing

it's the best choice for home offce and works great with large teams

Pros

this software is very easy to use and also allows the user to have access everywhere they are with their laptop or PC unlike other apps that can only be used in the office, so it was a great prek during the pandemic time with home office

Cons

download and the process to run the software was very slow, but the contcat ceter replied very fast and helped us make the transition easy