Smokeball Reviews

Pros

As a sole practitioner I need software that helps keeping my files and billing organized. I have used Smokeball for a few years now and I really appreciate the ease of use and friendly, helpful staff.

Jay W.

Wonderful company, very responsive to requests and support issues. Great product, wish I would have had this years ago.

ND

Nicholas D.

The benefits of this program have overall created a more effective and productive work environment. The ability to create workflows and stages is very helpful and is used almost everyday.

HF

Hannah F.

Cons

Missing deadlines while using this program are hard to come by.

HF

Hannah F.

Sometimes It can be slow to operate and the interface annoying.

MS

Megan S.

Lack of notification about the messages inside the network.

MP

Mariana P.

Excellent producet

The customer service is excellent. I am better organized and more efficient using Smokeball than previously.

Pros

Everything is in one place and easily tracked for billing.

Cons

I wish that other e-mail tools were available other than Outlook as I really dislike Outlook.

Thank you for this positive review. We realize that our native integration with Microsoft Outlook may not be everyone's top choice; we'll continue to look out for more integrations as we grow.

I can't live without it.

The best.

Pros

There is nothing I don't love about this software. My first cloud-based firm management system went unsupported after a couple of years, and I could understand why. I stumbled on Smokeball (an excellent, perfectly persistent and not annoying sales rep), and I have never looked back. The AI for time and billing is exceptional; the choices made when partnering with services are well-considered and launched, and the customer service is fabulous. And they keep making integration and start-up even simpler.

Cons

There is genuinely nothing I don't like about the software. I suppose, in an ideal world, there would be a partnership with Westlaw, but that's not a criticism.

Excellent billing software built in!

Pros

The billing features are what I like most as the the firm admin. It is extremely user friendly and helps me to stay on top of our accounts receivable

Cons

Document automation is a little clunky, so my team shares with me.

Essential, capable, but not perfect

We have quickly realized the ease of organizing and assigning documents and emails to clients' specific and individual matters. It would be nice if each Smokeball matter could host several separate cases within it for ease of consistency and comprehensive organization of information per client. It would be better if the above-mentioned window-restricting feature were cleared. Organization and aggregation of matters, tasks, contact information, etc. are its biggest benefits - and those are essential functions of an effective law practice.

Pros

Organization of files; indexing of document information; cloud storage; matter organization and workflow

Cons

Bugs: file naming and renaming; sudden slowdowns in software; and if you have a sub-window open specific to one matter, such as customizing some input information in that matter, you are temporarily disabled from interacting with the software at all until that window is saved and/or closed.

Hands Down Best Practice Management Software

I have used Smokeball for 3 years. In that time it has been improved and expanded at least every 6 months. I do not think I could ever go back to practicing without it! It has saved hundreds of hours of time.

Pros

The document automation, e-filing from your cloud-based matter, and customer support.

Cons

I wish that there was an option to integrate with other e-filing providers, as many clients do not wish to pay a per filing fee every time something is filed on their case. It is great to e-file from Smokeball, but not all clients have the extra money to pay for the attorney's convenience.

Excellent Case Management Software

Pros

Ease of use, excellent and responsive customer service

Cons

Would like to be able to assign emails on Outlook mobile app to Smokeball matters

Great product

Smokeball makes my legal work flow more smoothly and efficiently. It is like having another assistant at the office, but who is available 24-7 and by mobile.

Pros

Smokeball is terrific at combining the various aspects of my law practice into one, easily reachable and organized place. It has greatly improved the office's efficiency in responding to clients, getting work out the door, and staying organized.

Cons

The product was a great eye-opener in what could be accomplished. I am really am pleased and have no complaints.

Thank you so much for your great review; we truly appreciate it. And, of course, please let us know if/when you have any suggestions for how we can improve the product to suit your firm.

Utilization

We are very pleased!

Pros

Smokeball is a part of my everyday business and has been a key part of my businesses ability to perform at an optimal level. We've had a few hiccups adjusting to the software updates but were able to reach out to customer support and receive help quickly. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has played a large role in continuing to help us adjust to the changes Smokeball integration.

Cons

The continuous updates, although appreciated, sometimes wipe out our formatted documents to a default setting.

Thanks for this positive review! I'll forward your comment onto our development team for them to keep in mind as they make updates and revisions.

Excellent Solution for Busy Practicing Attorneys

I have found Smokeball to be an excellent product overall. It has been very helpful to my practice.

Pros

The software helps to organize and track important events and files.

Cons

The software does not include the ability to track client retainer funds which is a common method of billing.

Excellent Product

Pros

The contact features are the best feature of this software.

Cons

The downside of this product is that it is not completely cloud based.

Easy to Use and Collaborate

Pros

The system is easy to use and technical support is very responsive if we ever have an issue or question. It has been such a game changer from google suites

Cons

I frequently have to close out, reboot, and try to open a few times upon start up. The actual tech can be a bit buggy sometimes

Gets the job done

Pros

Organizes everything in one place - calendar, documents, schedules, storage & retrieval.

Cons

Lack of compatibility with Mac and Ipad.

Law Review

Excellent customer service and training

Pros

I like the access to information remotely.

Cons

Trust account reports are too limited for our use.

Effective/Efficient/Excellent

Wonderful and easy

Pros

The ease that the system provides with day to day functions makes all of our employees far More efficient and proficient at their jobs.

Cons

Some things would be helpful to customize to our specific practice and less so generalized for the containers and fillable options. I would love an intake that we can customize and open incoming potential clients to track specifically within its own feature.

Thank you for this positive review. I'll forward your question to our development team. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out to your account manager to see if more personalizations can be done immediately.

BEST PROGRAM EVER!!

I love all the features- especially the AI feature, it has helped our attorneys to make sure they do not complete something but forget to bill for it. All of our firm's contacts are stored in one place, making everyone's address book on point for everyone to contact anyone, even if someone else added the contact I can still find it. I also love being able to search for a document by typing anything that you remember is in the document and it will search all the documents for that phrase.

Pros

This program has made my job soo smooth. The ease of use and all the different features work together great. It has made me more organized and efficient in my job.

Cons

If your internet goes out, you cannot access files.

Excellent Application for Small to Mid-Size Law Firms

Overall this program allows for extreme efficiency and organization of files and time management. This program has been an extremely valuable tool for our practice.

Pros

The ease of the program and the ability of the support staff to make changes to the software to specifications needed. The time saved with the use of this program is incredible. Further, the software provides for the court's forms to autofill with file information. The program also provides for auto tracking of time and work on a file for accurate billing.

Cons

The billing side of the program is working on improving reports.

Smokeball review - Cooper Law Firm, LLC

Excellent, saves time and helps me earn more money.

Pros

It's document automation allows me to save a ton of time with document prep. I have many different clients that have very similar cases, so this is a huge asset for me.

Cons

It took awhile to understand how to use the product after I first purchased it. However, now that I know what I'm doing, it was worth the growing pains.

Don't wait...

Pros

The easy of creating new documents is amazing

Cons

Calendar sinking with outlook does not always work

Smokeball review for law firms

This is an amazing program. It takes time to build your templates; however, you have the option to let Smokeball prepare them or they will teach you how to do them yourself! It saves so much time and I am actually enjoying coding the templates myself. Sleek new features help with small law firms organization! Customer service is always so responsive with questions!

Pros

It is very efficient and easy to learn and operate. It has amazing features to keep you on top of your law practice. It automates billing so that you don't lose important time by forgetting to write down. Template creation is an efficient way to drop pleadings with a few questions and saves so much time.

Cons

It does take a bit to learn some of the more advanced features but the customer service is amazing and helpful.

Superb in my books

Besides the updates mentioned above, I've never really had an too much of an issue with Smokeball. I appreciate the efficiency it allows me and the customer service has always been helpful, too, if I've needed to call. Quick to work on problems, the few times I've had them.

Pros

I tend to like the document prep associated with Smokeball, it allows me to quickly generate docs and gives me the extra time to tend to client needs.

Cons

I least like it when there is software updates, typically it slows down my work flow as there's sometimes issues with the updates and working with my other software programs.

Best Practice Management Software for Small Firms

Pros

The multiple software integrations, unlimited, secure cloud storage and AI time tracking make his program second to none. I have used Clio, Practice Panther and custom case management software at a large firm, and Smokeball is vastly superior to all of these options.

Cons

The initial setup is time consuming especially if you have an existing practice with a lot of data.

Thank you for this glowing review. We completely understand the intensive nature of getting started. Should you ever need additional training or help please let your account manager know and we'll walk you through everything as needed.

Great Software for full service law firm!

The staff and designers and developers are open to suggestions and have really helped customize some of our processes and forms. Kudos Smokeball! Awesome Customer Service!

Pros

Hands down, Smokeball has been an integral part of keeping our medium size full service law firm organized. One of the best features is the free training and free technical support. Yes, I said FREE TECHNICAL SUPPORT! I could not be more pleased with the helpdesk and almost instant response time. They are very friendly and I've never had an issue left unresolved.

Cons

Cloud based response time opening the app and uploading files and documents can be slow at times.

Best case management software ever!

We were fairly early users of Smokeball and we could not be more pleased. Their software makes it so easy to write letters (which can be done off templates) and create standard documents. It's very easy to send them out, and organize them per file. It even links to email so emails can be similarly organized. Accessibility is the best part, as you've always got all the paperwork at your fingertips as long as you have a smartphone. The app is fantastic and makes it easy to make calls, email documents, etc. customer support literally responds within minutes and are the nicest folks ever. It's a great company and we couldn't be happier.

Pros

Accessibility, great app, immediate customer support.

Cons

No billing feature yet! :)

We love Smokeball!

I really love smokeball, and I love all the training sessions they have. They seem to really care about how their customers feel about the product, and do their best to always answer any questions people have.

Pros

Our firm loves the ease of use of Smokeball. It is easy to teach new employees how to use, and how they are available to teach more in depth use of it to employees.

Cons

I wish that you could upload billing items from previous softwares to the billing aspect, and I also wish there was a way to put trust funds for a client as a whole, not just specific cases.

Smokeball - excellent practice management software

Smokeball has made my practice much more efficient and organized.

Pros

East of use and set up. Ease of customization.

Cons

There is not anything I dislike. I tried multiple other vendors.