HubSpot Reviews

Inbound Marketing Platform & Sales Software

4.57/5 (950 reviews)
1,340,527     745,336

Anonymous
Sales and Marketing Coordinator (Information Technology and Services company, 11-50 employees)

The Best All-in-One Platform

09/02/2017

HubSpot is something that I use on a daily basis for email marketing, social media marketing, Inbound marketing, maintaining our contact lists, designing and publishing landing pages, etc. Since we have transitioned to HubSpot I have not had to use any other software to get what we need.

Pros

HubSpot allows us to have everything we need for our marketing department all in one spot. It syncs well with Salesforce, which is what our sales department has been using.

Cons

I really do not have any Cons, as HubSpot is pretty much exactly what we need and is a good fit for our company. However, that might not be the case for every company or sales & marketing department. It can be pricey and if you are not using all of the tools it might not be the best option for you.

9/10

Recommendations to others considering HubSpot

I would recommend speaking with someone at HubSpot and seeing if you can get a current HubSpot customer that is similar to your company on a phone call to see if it is a fit for you. We had been using a different software for a year and realized it was not meeting our needs. We created a list of needs and set out to "interview" different platforms and knew HubSpot would be a great fit for us.

Maria Douich

Great all in one tool

17/01/2017

Hubspot enables us to automate many marketing tasks and workflows to give us more time for analytics and strategy planning. We are able to see what works and what doesn't to improve our efforts.

Pros

All in one tool, where contact behavior can be tracked across different channels

Cons

Landing page builder/email design-builder is not the easiest tool to use if you don't know CSS/HTML

9/10

Recommendations to others considering HubSpot

Best customer service/account manager team anyone can ask for. Great customer loyalty program (HubStars) and an amazing user conference (Inbound)

Kathy Coffey

Hubspot as an Email Tool

22/12/2016

It takes a lot for me to decide to pay for the many many subscription apps out there. HubSpot is a worthy investment. It is a tool I use daily to be able to see if people are reading my e-mails and helps me to respond to them in the moment at times when they are. I have been able to track board members who do not open e-mails and then follow up with those that are supportive and looking at communications from our organization.

Pros

This is been a useful app that I use on a daily basis!!

Cons

I would like to be able to distinguish in a group e-mail who has opened our communications,

10/10

Recommendations to others considering HubSpot

Take the trial run - you will likely wonder how you got by without it!

Patricia Hartley

LOVE my HubSpot!

14/12/2016

HubSpot is the first tool I pull up everyday--it's my all-in-one marketing and now CRM tool, and I'm continually impressed. We use HubSpot for content marketing, email, CRM, social media monitoring, SEO management, blog and much, much more...even hosting one of our websites on the HubSpot COS. I don't know code, but my designers do; they love that they can edit the code when necessary and I love that we don't usually have to in order to create something amazing. The interface is lovely and user-friendly, and the support team is always attentive and proactive.

Pros

It's a one-stop-shop that's always adding new offerings...and if you must use other tools, most likely HubSpot already integrates with it or can be easily integrated at no cost. We have used the Marketing tools for years and only recently took advantage of the Sales and CRM options...at no additional cost. Our executives couldn't believe that what we were showing them was available to us basically for "free!"

Cons

I hate to say anything's lacking, but I do hope that the social media tools become more of a focus in the future. I loved HootSuite's features and interface and would love to have that functionality in HubSpot.

10/10

Recommendations to others considering HubSpot

This may not be a great solution for a HUGE company with hundreds of marketers, but small to midsize businesses won't find a better solution. It's scalable, flexible, customizable, and incredibly intuitive.

Chantel Soumis

Customer Service ++

22/11/2016

I love HubSpot. The HubSpot University made trainings super easy and I feel like a pro. Being extremely comfortable in the system is important to maximizing our features and benefits. I especially like the speed of response when interacting with customer service. The SEO, website tracking and social integrations are very beneficial and our Salesforce API is integrated for lead scoring.

Pros

SEO features to maximize organic search results and keep an eye on keywords within content. Email marketing for events while using the contact database (integrated with Salesforce) Landing pages are nice and easy to use. CTAs are easy to manipulate and modify coding. Templates are useful. Blogging platform is really nice and the automation associated with social postings saves so much time.

Cons

Media library for content, images, and uploads gets super messy and unorganized. It would be great if this could use a better user interface for quicker and more efficient use. Landing pages and custom templates require too much developer/coding knowledge. We wish there was an easier way to create templates from scratch or integrate with SquareSpace/website platform to create consistent branding without coding requirements.

9/10

Recommendations to others considering HubSpot

We suggest taking the HubSpot University training courses and tutorials. They are super helpful and once you have mastered the courses you will be able to navigate and utilize HubSpot in a snap!

Ches Allen

Great platform

22/11/2016

HubSpot has been a great tool for distributing our marketing material on our website, through social media, and by email. Offers great tools to analyze your performance, use A/B testing etc.

Pros

Very thorough, comprehensive platform. Covers everything you need. Customer service is excellent.

Cons

Can be buggy. Template manager gets iffy (difficult to code, not popular among web developers that I know)

9/10

Recommendations to others considering HubSpot

Their customer service is excellent, you will not be disappointed.

Emerson Dameron

Integrated system for small business growth

26/10/2016

HubSpot provides a complete suite of tools for small entrepreneurs with big stories to tell. It allows them to get their message out and build a body of work communicating their understanding and what they have to offer.

Pros

Intuitive design with a focus on non-marketers. Top-shelf customer support.

Cons

Not ideal for larger enterprises or account-based sales operations.

10/10

Recommendations to others considering HubSpot

If you believe in your unique value proposition and want to get your story out there, HubSpot is a great system to do that with.

John Stoddart

Very good marketing automation software

21/10/2016

HubSpot is a very good, comprehensive and integrated marketing automation software. Its very good if you want to blog and integrate with social media

Pros

Very integrated solution Gives you lots of information Easy to use - easy to produce great marketing Lots of marketing back up Great customer service

Cons

quite expensive if you are a heavy user

Time used: 2+ years

Frequency of use: Weekly

9/10

Recommendations to others considering HubSpot

Well worth it but you have to commit to using this for a period of months to get the most from it

Gracie Arnold

Hubspot Makes My Job Easier

17/10/2016

I use Hubspot for everything and it has helped streamline our processes. From our website to our social media presence, Hubspot allows us to nurture a lead throughout the sales funnel.

Pros

Customer support, integrations, and so much more.

Cons

Haven't found much to not like so far.

10/10

Recommendations to others considering HubSpot

Give it a trial, I have a feeling you'll want it for your sales/marketing team.

Daniel Berry

An Inbound Marketing Essential

13/10/2016

If your business is interested in inbound marketing, it all starts with HubSpot. The leaders in the industry, their software is tailored for the needs of the inbound marketer.

Pros

The dashboards are helpful and easy to use, while you can dive down deep for analytics if needed. All tools are user friendly.

Cons

Email capabilities could use an improvement (no video, on Pro level at least).

8/10

Recommendations to others considering HubSpot

If you're considering your inbound marketing software options, in the very least, try a demo of HubSpot.

Joshua Vergeer

Great platform, capabilities are endless and growing!

29/09/2016

We use HubSpot on a daily basis. With our last CRM we barely touched it and it was near impossible to track customer interactions and conversations we were having with our customers. HubSpot makes it easy for our team to log daily interactions with customers, track deal stages and make sure our customers are happy. From a management position, reporting is crucial and the reporting add on is quite powerful and is getting better constantly. The integration with the marketing part of HubSpot means no loss of information between the two products and the automation is amazing!

Pros

CRM, reporting, COS, dash boarding.

Cons

Multi currency hasn't been built yet, no CRM app for android and no parent-child accounts yet although I hear it is in the pipeline!

10/10

Recommendations to others considering HubSpot

Schedule a demo with them and give it a go! The CRM is free and has amazing capabilities and the marketing automation will make your life super easy!

Suong NGUYEN

Hubspot is the all-in-one marketing tool for start-ups

23/09/2016

All the features are easily intuitive. The tracking feature is great that we can follow-up our leads. My main use is landing page creation, Ads add-on, Emailing and Workflow, CRM. Hubspot has a rich resources and certifications that we can learn it at our pace.

Pros

The platform is rich of marketing features : landing pages, email, blog, reporting, Ads, etc. Its email extension allows us to track which lead has opened email / clicked on the link.

Cons

The report is not really personable.

8/10

Recommendations to others considering HubSpot

We recommend Hubspot for any start-ups or SME if their marketing department has not a lot of staffs. One person can keep in track with different campaigns on Hubspot.

Craig Johnson

Easy to use - Robust Platform

16/09/2016

Have been using Hubspot for over 2 years. The platform is intuitive and easy to onboard. Previously used Act-On. Main use is lead nurturing and email system and segmenting database. Reporting tools are easy to get to divisional leaders.

Pros

The software is robust for everyday lead nurturing. Forms and Landing Pages are easy to set up and update. Smart Forms allows for deeper information. Exporting lists and setting up multiple criteria for lists is easy for the entire team to learn and implement.

Cons

Learning curve with learning forms and setting up workflows.

Time used: 2+ years

8/10

Recommendations to others considering HubSpot

Learn the full use of the Landing Pages and develop Forms that are applicable to your business. Set up workflows for the email automation.

Anonymous
Administrative Assistant (Human Resources company, 51-200 employees)

So far so good

29/08/2016

Have only been using Hubspot's CRM for a few months but so far it has been great, it's nice to have everything connected and in one place. Our website seems to be getting a much higher lead flow as well. I love their email extension, you can see who opens your emails and when and it's nice that the emails automatically get tracked in Hubspot.

Pros

Trainings are very helpful, CRM is user friendly, reporting and analytics are good to look at as well to see how much improvement there has been.

Cons

Can't press tab to move on to next section when entering information, having to assign contacts companies and deals gets quite confusing and also leaving notes.

Jenny Weeden

If you are looking to boost inbound efforts, this is the tool to use.

25/08/2016

Because we work with a lot of startups and small businesses, Hubspot is perfect for them; it helps them drive traffic and get leads to their business so they can grow fast. I also think it's very easy to "catch on" to Hubspot, even if you aren't a tech genius.

Pros

HubSpot is easier to use than many other marketing tools. My training was quick and pretty painless. HubSpot helps us generate leads both internally, and for our clients. If you are looking to boost inbound efforts, this is the tool to use. HubSpot (the company, not the tool) does a great job providing resources to users. Whether it's their blog, offers, trainings and more, they really care about the growth of their customers.

Cons

Hubspot's reports are definitely not top quality, but they work. There are also times when the software gets a little buggy, which is a pain if you're in the middle of a project.

9/10

Recommendations to others considering HubSpot

I've used Marketo, and I've transitioned clients into and out of Pardot, and I have to say that Hubspot beats those tools hands down for how easy it is to use.

Anonymous
Content Marketing Manager Senior (Marketing and Advertising company, 11-50 employees)

Why I love HubSpot and why you should love it also

24/08/2016

We use HubSpot for the marketing comunication of the agency. All organization use it, in fact, all of us are certified in Inbound Methodology. With HubSpot we are attracting and connecting with our target marketing, using the content as basic fuel of our strategy. Additionally, the tool brings us the opportunity to train our team with all certifications and study resources.

Pros

Content management, It facilitates the creation of any piece of content. From a post to social networks, a blog post, a mailing or Landing Page. Contact management, Because it allows for a total tracking of each user from reaching away until it becomes a client. Also it helps to monitor the life cycle of each contact and creating smart for debugging database lists. Keyword management, I love completely handling the keywords of HubSpot because it helps you to do research, it helps you track and in each publication helps you with optimizing contents. The forms, With smart fields avoid frequent contacts ask the same information and thus helps us limentar our database with additional information about each person.

Cons

Keywords suggestions only work in English and short tail keywords.

10/10

Recommendations to others considering HubSpot

I recommend using HubSpot brands with long purchase cycles. I do not recommend at retails or massive consumption brands. Yes, they could use some tactics Inbound, which could be implemented seamlessly with other tools. HubSpot is to go all the way, each phase of the Inbound Methodology.

Chelsea Drusch

Transformative Marketing Tool

22/08/2016

HubSpot has transformed the way we do marketing. We had 100% anonymous web traffic prior to HubSpot implementation and we now know who are visitors are and can segment and automatically nurture them. Our blog has increased viewership by 10x since moving it into HubSpot and our SEO is on-point thanks to the guided SEO reviews on each post.

Pros

Blogging and keyword tools are effortless and effective

Cons

Hoping for a robust planning tool to move all our ideation, development and review into one space

10/10

Recommendations to others considering HubSpot

If your company is large enough to afford it, I would have no hesitation to recommend.

Amber Klein

HubSpot = Game Changer

22/08/2016

HubSpot is a game changing software. Whether you work for an agency or client-side marketing department, this will make your life significantly easier and free up time to spend on the more strategic portions of your job. The ability to have all marketing tactics fall under one umbrella and access all your analytics from one place is priceless. Especially when the interface is as intuitive as HubSpot.

Pros

-Robust and simple reporting -Customer service -Ease of use -Functionality -Ability to access multiple dashboards with one login

Cons

-Some features cost extra

10/10

Recommendations to others considering HubSpot

I highly recommend HubSpot to anyone looking to up their inbound marketing game. You'll be happy you made the leap.

Dustin Brackett

Another Level

21/08/2016

HubSpot has completely taken my agency to another level. We started as a social media marketing firm almost three years ago and in the last year we have completely changed our course and become a full inbound marketing agency. We were doing a lot more than just social media after the first six months in business, but HubSpot took our offerings to a new level.

Pros

• Their customer support is second to none • Continued innovation - constant updates • usability • education

Cons

• It can be a little expensive, but it's totally worth it.

10/10

Recommendations to others considering HubSpot

You've got to be all in on inbound marketing. HubSpot is just a tool that helps you amplify your efforts. If you don't have 100% buy in, you won't be as successful as you could be.

Jeffrey Lewis

I'm a Designer and I still HubSpot it useful

11/08/2016

As a designer with a HubSpot platinum partner agency, my interaction with the HubSpot platform is very limited. However, when I do jump in - to look at social monitoring, edit landing pages, or update some CSS - my experience has been one free of hiccups. The platform is easy to learn and even easier to use.

Pros

The integration and management of many different elements of digital marketing is a blessing. I worked previously with an organization that had many of its processes spread across various tools and networks.

Cons

Not much for my role as a visual designer

Frequency of use: Weekly

8/10

Recommendations to others considering HubSpot

Try before you buy!

Tyler Hart

Very intuitive

08/08/2016

Depending on your background, Hubspot is a relatively intuitive tool that comes with a little bit of a learning curve. That being said, they do a great job of providing resources to engaged users as they figure out how to do various tasks within the software.

7/10

Robust system with nice workflows - Not Intuitive

05/08/2016

We've had Hubspot for a little over a year and overall it is better than the previous Marketing Automation software we were on, but it is not very intuitive. The design applications, especially for emails, are very cumbersome if you don't want to use the generic out of the box templates included. Emails also do not format well in Outlook, which is disappointing for us a B2B that works with larger enterprised -- of which the majority use Outlook for email. We do like the workflow options and found the social scheduling to be very easy.

Pros

Social Scheduling Active Community Simple Workflows Salesforce Integration

Cons

Design Editor for Emails Duplicates Work Emails Do Not Format Correctly in Outlook

7/10

Recommendations to others considering HubSpot

I think it would be a nice system for small businesses, but if you're larger and have the money for Eloqua or Pardot, go that way instead.

Jasmin Lesser

Wonderful app for all levels of Marketing

19/07/2016

HubSpot became an asset for our organization. Going into the software, I was able to get all of the support I needed, 24/7. The phone support staff is every helpful, and wants you to succeed. The training programs provided me with all the knowledge I needed to run the software. This program is essentially the heart of our organization, aiding us in all our inbound marketing needs. If you're looking for an all-in-one program, this is the one!

Pros

HubSpot offers everything an inbound marketing agency can offer with just a click of a button. It has sections for web development, design, email campaigns, tracking leads and consumers, buyer personas, social media, campaign forms, buttons, call to actions, and even integrates with surveys and other platforms. You can even schedule meetings with potential and current consumers. This program is fantastic!

Cons

The software takes some getting used to, and like all technology, sometimes there are design glitches, but the support team almost always fixes them immediately.

10/10

Recommendations to others considering HubSpot

Try this, you're going to love it. I was weary at first too, but it's honestly the best program. Marketers of all levels can learn how to work the program. You can even get certified. This is a great tool for those who want to improve their small businesses inbound portfolios or for big organizations to keep an eye out for changes in the market. This program is changing how the world sees marketing from an inbound perspective.

Amber Chmielewski

Hubspot Review

09/07/2016

I use Hubspot for blogs, landing pages, email, and keywords. It's a fantastic tool, the templates fit your websites look so perfectly. The functions are intuitive, and the software provides all the education and information you need to be successful

Pros

Intuitive, accessible, consistent.

Cons

Occasional bugs and glitches - internally though.

Frequency of use: Daily

Recommendations to others considering HubSpot

Great marketing tool, lots of reporting features which are great as well.

Nina Vuong, MBA

Flexible, Intuitive

28/06/2016

HubSpot is a great tool for marketing automation. The landing page templates that were created to reflect our current website look great, and the forms that capture leads work well. Although there are still a lot of features and functionality for us to explore within HubSpot, so far, we've had a good experience with the team and the tool.

Pros

Great customer service

Cons

Bugs from time to time

8/10

Recommendations to others considering HubSpot

Consider researching and getting a demo of HubSpot and other tools to determine which will best suit you and your company.