SharpSpring from Constant Contact Reviews

4.6

How would you rate SharpSpring from Constant Contact?

Pros

Not only is it affordable for a small agency like mine, who works with small businesses, but it's extremely powerful, and capable of executing any strategy my team or my clients require.

CM

Christine M.

I love the ease of use, interface, but most importantly all of Sharpspring employees, and how quickly they respond with tips, ideas, and help with support.

MR

Marcus R.

BF

Brianna F.

Cons

The constant failure of the system, the automations fail. They are not fixing the bugs.

MM

Manuel M.

Their billing platform is absolutely ridiculous. They bill your clients directly, and not the agency using the platform saying that the client is the end user, not the agency managing the account.

WD

Wally D.

We are now remarketing to leads that were missed during the initial buying cycle and reclaiming that lost revenue on top of increasing our close rate on new clients.

MP

Michael P. H.

Michael N.

internet consultant

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Sharpspring for the win--Top quality marketing software for a decent price

Transcript

Michael N.: Hi, I'm Mike. I'm the owner of my own digital marketing agency, and I give SharpSpring a...

Great Marketing Automation Software Alternative for Agencies

Transcript

Max P.: My name is Max. I'm a Director of Marketing Technology. For SharpSpring, I give it a four out...

SharpSpring is the number one Marketing Automation Platform for small to mid-sized digital agencies.

We are a small boutique digital marketing agency based in the UK. We spent six months researching all the marketing platforms available. It was vital to have 24/7 support available within the fees payable, favourable fee rates for an agency of our size (which did not require upfront annual payment), the option to have access to support within GMT timelines for our UK clients and last but not least...

Pros

The SharpSpring Marketing Automation Software provides the following features and benefits that make it a stand out product for my business; 1. The 24/7 support incorporated into the monthly fees; Ensuring no surprises down the line. 2. No requirement to pay fees annually upfront. 3. New landing page feature. 4. Blog page feature. 5. New integration with the Litmus test. 6. Link up with Zapier...

Cons

1. Monthly fees in dollars do not convert via local UK sterling currency rates, unlike other US marketing software providers. You pay in £ sterling the same monthly fee as in US $ dollars. 2. Email builder while it is satisfactory it could be even more user friendly.

SharpSpring won me over from HubSpot

A couple of years ago our agency was a relatively happy HubSpot customer. We sold inbound services via HubSpot to our web development clients most often, but it was a hard sell and required a certain client profile to be successful. The most important aspect of an inbound client for us was deep pockets! Why? Simply because of the cost of the HubSpot platform. If a client had sufficiently deep pockets,...

Pros

Cost vs. benefit. Has all of the features our clients want or need, without a bunch of stuff we have to pay for that they don't need.

Cons

It's a struggle to find something I don't like, but if it was one thing over the past two years, it would be the lack of support on the sales side for our clients. More customized training and presentations for client side would be great.

Great Marketing Automation With a Solid Support Team

I've been using SharpSpring for just about under a year in this time, I've recommended it to just about every marketer I've worked with. Typically, marketing automation software has only been usable by large and mid-size organizations due to the high cost of both the software and the expertise in operating an inbound marketing campaign. SharpSpring costs only a fraction of competing tools like HubSpot,...

Pros

The core marketing automation functionality in SharpSpring is excellent. If you're looking for Visitor ID tracking, better email communication, personalization, a landing page builder, or a CRM, SharpSpring is definitely worth a look. Even though it's a "soft" feature, it's worth noting that the customer service team has been great to work with. I've been able to give my clients solid timelines for when to expect a fix or help.

Cons

The email and landing page builders are solid, but they lack some of the intuitive features that you might get from a dedicated email service provider like Campaign Monitor or Mail Chimp. There might be a few things you'll miss migrating over from one of these platforms, though nothing important for obtaining the same end results.

Making great progress with SharpSpring

I've used a couple of different Marketing Automation platforms in the past. Marketo briefly and Act-On for a couple of years. I switched to SharpSpring around 6 months ago when I set up my own marketing agency. Really happy with how its going. OK - its obvious that SharpSpring is a smaller company. I come across the occasional feature that could do with some refinement. But overall its fair to...

Pros

Ease of use, good templates, built in CRM (although you can integrate with 3rd party CRM if you need.) Cost saving compared to competing products - especially if you can dispense with a full-fat CRM like Salesforce which is bloated and over priced for SME market in my opinion.

Cons

Occasional glitches. Sometimes you have to refresh the page to see the result of a change that you have made. For example - the number of members in a list - can take a few minutes after saving the query to report a true number. But you soon learn to live with minor issues like this.

An Invaluable Tool, Though Not Perfect

We've been using SharpSpring for nearly a year at our agency, and have used almost every feature of it (SalesForce integration, automated workflows, API for custom reporting, full-on CRM, etc.). We love SharpSpring. In fact, in the past few months, SharpSpring has been responsible for helping us close nearly one million dollars in new business. As a B2B tool, the fact that we can see what businesses...

Pros

Being able to leverage anonymous web user data to create actionable insights way before they fill a form out is invaluable. For an agency/B2B company, it is the most reliable new lead generator of any tool out there.

Cons

New features roll out and feel like they should still be in beta. It has a few quirks like a lack of global date range filter that don't necessarily hinder reporting/analysis but are a slight inconvenience.

Sharpspring is a terrific marketing automation tool that provides great value

Our experience with Sharpspring has been great. A trememdous value for our company that has already shown us ROI. Our company uses Sharpspring for both marketing automation and as our CRM tool. Specifically, Sharpspring is allowing us to target prospects in our database to fill top of the sales funnel with prospects, as well as allowing us to nurture specific prospects based on their engagement with us. Depending on an action a prospect takes, we can serve up the appropriate response automatically to further cultivate this person. In addition, we are able to use the analytics the system provides to better help us understand which marketing activities are working and which ones are not

Pros

It is easy to use. There is a learning curve, but it is not that steep. The list building logic and workflow logic just makes sense, and I think this is where Sharpspring shines. SharpSpring's support was critical to our success in getting started, as getting started truly is the hardest part. The responsiveness from their support team is also incredible. If you are not looking for all the bells and whistles that you ultimately won't use, Sharpspring is a true value.

Cons

The improvements I would like to see in Sharpspring centers around the contact management part of their solution. We have sales people that are using the system as their CRM and some basic features like searching, segmenting, and sorting are not available to a person in the sales person role permission.

Best Marketing Automation System!!!!

I have had a very positive experience with SharpSpring. It is an amazing tool and all the functions are easily accessible through the admin interface.

Pros

Where do I begin?! SharpSpring is a high functioning, easy to use marketing automation system. It has a wide range of functionalities and helpful automation capabilities. SharpSpring allows us to monitor our user interactions with our website and paid social campaigns. This allows us to better understand and track our users and help determined the best platforms to promote our campaigns. The campaign manager is a great tool, it allows you to effectively track your leads and determine where they came form. To top it off, the support team is phenomenal. They are very professional, responsive and provide solutions to any issue you may have. I can always count on the support team to provide quick and easy solutions when I am having difficulties.

Cons

The only con I can think of is the lack of display/functionality options in the form and landing page builder. SharpSpring give you the option of building a custom stylesheet but it can become time consuming. Other than that, I haven't run into any issues with the software.

Marketing Automation with World Class Customer Support Has Exceeded Our Expectations

Transparency of our efforts all from a single source. We are now able to analyze all of our various marketing efforts without the need to learn reporting from various systems. The SharpSpring platform helped us see which marketing efforts are working. We have quit wasting money on efforts that weren't working as well as we had originally thought and moved the budget to those that are providing the best ROI. We have pinpointed bottlenecks in our company and implemented actions that resolved these issues which has increased our bottom-line as well as our own customer satisfaction.

Pros

SharpSpring offered us a way to implement marketing automation at a price that our business could afford. The features are more than enough for us to compete with companies that are much larger than we are. So the pricing got us to commit, but since then their customer service has proved to be nothing short of spectacular. The onboarding was laid out for us step-by-step. We have a specialist that we...

Cons

It's been working well for us, so it's kinda hard to come up with a dislike, but if I had to pick something it would be the fact that the weekly webinars "SharpSpring at Work" just went from weekly to bi-weekly. The upside is that they are planning at making them more in-depth.

Sharpspring is the best marketing automation tool for little, medium and big business.

Overall Sharpspring is the best marketing automation and CRM software I used so far. It outperforms any other software I know and worked.

Pros

Sharpspring has an easy interface and do a great integration between marketing automation and CRM, helping these teams to work without any gaps, fully integrated. Reports are very easy to generate and personalize.

Cons

The Email designer and Landing Pages Designer is not the ideal yet, is a little difficult to use. Other problem is the incapacity to separate invoices and charges to my clients in Brasil. I need to receive from my clients separately and pay for all Sharpspring licences.

I love this CRM

I love that fact of being able to add buyer personas to the contact info and I love the personalization that is used on the Software. Oh and the templates that they provide are great and easy to use.

Pros

I like that I can do everything in one location. Also, I love the fact that Sharpspring is always adjusting with new things adding the system. If the software does not do something that you want to do. They put in to start working on that method or idea.

Cons

If you get a hard bounce you can not update that contact with the new info on your own - you have to deal with support and send them the list of changes to be done.

I recommend this to everyone!

Overall I give this tool 5 stars, A's all across, two thumbs up, a wink and a smile. As I mentioned, I have been using the tool now for 4 years and have quite a bit of experience using their competitors and so-called "market leaders". I love Sharp Spring it does everything, at a value you can hardly compare.

Pros

Sharp Spring provides me and my clients with several advantages over its competition (like Eloqua, Marketo, Pardot, Infusionsoft). First of all, you can not beat their licensing value. Each license comes with unlimited users. This alone beats all the competition. Secondly, they have integrated an awesome CRM (missing in all the other marketing automation tools) so you do not have to go out and buy licenses for that. Lastly, it is a COMPLETE marketing automation system with true behavioral marketing capabilities.

Cons

At first, I had a hard time understanding how they do automation. I was used to using a drag and drop "visualization" interface to build drip campaigns. I also had a bit of a hard time getting used to their nomenclature. The way that automation processes are set up in Sharp Spring are through two things... Tasks (which I was used to calling triggers) and Workflow (which I was used to calling task automation). You can see how it was confusing for me. Well I learned it, it was not that hard, and I actually see now how it is a way superior way to program automation then using visual aids that would be cumbersome to try to set up and manage in large scale automation projects.

Great Marketing Automation Tool for B2B

We help credit unions build content driven in-bound funnels - the tool has met that need very well. Their onboarding and support have been super responsive and helpful.

Pros

It was very quick to deploy, fast to get my team trained, and effective in demonstrating results for clients. In addition, the feature functionality vs. price balance is fantastic. Other tools have lots of bloatware and tools that you will never use.

Cons

I wish it had some built-in SEO tools and I wish their email list management was more forgiving on spam traps.

Great tool for marketing automation with fantastic customer support

Complex workflows depending on conditions based with custom fields to automate the nurturing process for our clients.

Pros

Customer/Partner support is simply amazing. Over the last 4 years working with Sharpspring, partner support had helped us in many and different ways solving 100% of our questions and cases that we need additional help. The support team replies incredibly fast and always friendly.

Cons

The landing page editor. Minor coding knowledge may be required.

I LOVE SHARPSPRING

Sharpspring has allowed me to generate new clients and also provide marketing automation services that have helped increase my sales

Pros

I like Sharpspring because it is easy to use and complete. It has very good tools for segmentation of email lists and tracking of leads and sellers.

Cons

I think I could improve the list segmentation and add other social networks for publication.

SharpSpring is my #1 system of choice

I have consulted and implemented over 300 marketing automation cases since 2008 when I became of Infusinsoft's top-ten rated consultants, partners until May of 2016. Prior to parting ways with Infusionsoft with which we had great success, I needed to find a better system for my needs and the clients I was serving. I wanted to explode the size of my email and prospect list without blowing my budget. When I found SharpSpring I fell in love because of their approach to serving partners and customers. They don't try to be all things to all people. SharpSpring sells through approved consulting and training partners like me, and many digital marketing agencies as well.

Pros

The software does what it is intended to do. It is not all things to all people like some of their competitors pretend to be. SharpSpring is killer marketing automation, light CRM and big-time sales enablement. It is not for wimps. Like with any sales enablement and marketing automation solution, choose wisely, include your key players in the selection process and be prepared to hire a pro and pay them to make this software perform. Unless you like making your own paperclips, don't try to put yourself in the marketing automation business. It's nuts to think you can do this on top of your own business unless you have a serious, full time pilot to help administrate this bad boy for maximum ROI. You do want ROI, don't you?

Cons

Not much to dislike when you make an informed decision. There are no tricks, gimmicks or lame sales practices.

Great first step into Marketing Automation

Using Sharpspring is a lightyears leap forward from your typical ESP. It brings a world of new opportunities typically only found in software packages three times the price. Sharpspring offers and incredible tool and impressive feature set for those just stepping into the world of marketing automation. For those who already familiar with this world with existing software in place, Sharpspring has...

Pros

The amount of features you get for the price is absolutely unmatched. Their support is also really great now that they have strengthened the team. It used to be that responses took weeks but now I'm seeing replies sometimes in a matter of minutes.

Cons

Even though it's cheaper you have a tendency to want to compare it to the big players that have been around for years. Simply put...Sharpspring is just not as refined as some of the options. Although they seem to be rapidly releasing new features to be better contenders it seems that they come packed with a ton of bugs confusion amongst the team.

The day I went all in on Marketing Automation

I use it daily for my company in prospecting and lead generation - love it

Pros

I got my first taste of marketing automation with Hubspot and Marketo when I worked for someone else. So when I went shopping around for what I could offer my clients, I was pretty careful. You read all the reviews and you still worry. Well when I decided on Sharpspring I couldn't have been more pleased. Ease of use and value for the Bang it has been great. Like in all new things to you, I had my moments in the wilderness, of I am not sure what i am doing moments: Sharpspring was always there with support & training. I recommend you give them a try.

Cons

Like in all software platforms you have engineers that need to do something. So from time to time they would switch around the dashboard. But it was always for a good reason (inhindsight)

Extremely robust and affordable marketing automation platform for serious business

SharpSpring has a feature within the contact manager that enables you to keep track and analyze "the life of the lead". This refers to all content, activity, engagement, clicks, and time spent on each content. This facilitates us with our content strategy when trying to create more opportunities and fill up our pipeline. It's very easy to manage contacts through SharpSpring because it allows you and your team to see all team interactions with that prospect, keeping everyone in the loop of the sales process. It facilitates the process of following up with your prospects.

Pros

SharpSpring has enabled my team and I to actively create multiple drip campaigns to target our newest and existing prospects. It allows us to monitor how new and existing users interact with our website, what pages they go to, and how much time they spend on each page. This has assisted us in refining our retargeting strategies and the type of content we need to create to keep our prospects engaged and interested in our services.

Cons

It would be nice to have a few more pre-made templates available when crafting email templates. SharpSpring enables you to basically drag, resize and drop different elements into your email templates, but it is not as customizable as other platforms. The social media scheduling portion is good, but it is not as robust as other platforms. Cross-posting might sometimes display differently than expected, for example posting a link that contains a featured image might show differently on SharpSpring than the actual social media platform, so we always check the actual post on the social media platform to make sure it posted as desired.

Happy we found SharpSpring

Outstanding. The customer service is highly responsive and willing to work with you.

Pros

We are so pleased to be able to offer this affordable CRM product to our customers. We work within the Pool & Spa Industry and most of our clients are small to medium-sized businesses. SharpSpring has all the functionality of extremely high-priced platforms at an affordable price point for our clients.

Cons

I'm looking forward to an upgrade in the mobile app and would like to see the html editor be changed to section selection rather than having to scroll and search.

Great marketing automation software

Overall, I very much appreciate the ease of use with SharpSpring, from a marketing professional to the sales person to administrator. The support is prompt and if they don't have an immediate solution they'll put you on the right track to getting your issue taken care of.

Pros

The "life of lead" feature is a view of the customer's engagement with the company that is unlike any other platform we've seen. The automation features are easy to use, intuitive and logically planned out.

Cons

Although the ability to publish to social media platforms from within SharpSpring, we're hoping they'll progress to being able to integrate Instagram along with the other platforms and to integrate full social advertising and paid search into the tool.

Great Value in Marketing Automation + CRM

We are using SharpSpring for our own agency's integrated digital marketing/CRM and providing this service to clients. We are certified on Salesforce, Hubspot and find Sharps the best overall value and most agency-focused SaaS company.

Pros

SharpSpring is very easy to use, intuitive interface and great tech and training support. Great agency partner

Cons

The developers are usually several steps ahead of me on product releases. In fact, since I've been using they easily doubled the features/functions without a price increase.

Marketing Automation - at a fraction of the cost of Hubspot

I'm enjoying using it as being able to do everything in one platform makes life much easier and it's much more affordable than Hubspot. There are enough tools to keep the most experienced marketer busy to help attract leads through chat, emails, forms, landing pages etc...

Pros

The ability to create a clear sales funnel and track your client through the sales process is really easy and highlights areas where more work and focus might be needed in your sales process. There is a ton of features to engage users and build your audience, you just need to spend time and be open to exploring ideas. Implementing dynamic content which changes depending on the customer persona is cool. The support team always reply same day, there is online chat (US times) too.

Cons

There are some definite bugs such as data fields 'locking' when creating a landing page and the later it becomes editable again. Strangely the design side of emails and landing pages is not cohesive. So you have a limited range of fonts in forms but lots of customisation for colours for headings, then the reverse for landing pages. Thinks like buttons for GDPR can't currently be customised which looks odd. Also, the onboarding process for Squarespace websites is different and this is not mentioned anywhere. Just needs to have someone invest some time to deal with all these issues and implement a decent upgrade. Generally, all very minor things but stacked up can provide a bit more challenging onboarding process than what it needs to be.

Sharpspring is a Platform That Changed the Face of Our Company

We have been on the Sharpspring platform for a year now. Before SharpSpring we were a web design and marketing agency that worked on one-off projects and sent our clients on their way once it was complete. After we made the decision to invest in SharpSpring it completely changed how we interact with our clients. It has helped us establish much longer retainers which makes it possible for us to build...

Pros

Positively positions our agency. Very easy to get new licenses. New billing structure makes it more affordable for smaller agencies like us.

Cons

Parts of the platform lack features. The app is almost useless for design and marketing purposes but is great for entering contacts.

Easy, Low Cos & Customizable

Being able to organize everything in terms of our web and marketing departments into a single software makes lead generation and tracking so much easier. The time it took developing KPI's and tracking them has easily been cut in half.

Pros

The fact that you can build forms and web pages that look identical to the theme of your website really took this product to the next level for us. The ease o integration and the amount of tools offered for the price you pay is unmatched.

Cons

The e-mail builder could be a little easier to use. I would say being able to customize your emails 100% with out having to edit HTML would be incorrect, however saying that customizing your emails 85-95% would be a fair statement. In some cases the element placement is dictated by the software but they are ALWAYS improving their form, page and email template builders so I feel like this is only temporary.

SharpSpring is the go-to for today's marketing automation needs!

Our agency started using SharpSpring in 2015 and we couldn't be happier. Our lead nurturing and contact management was a mess - switching monthly between new online platforms - but then we found SharpSpring and what a difference it has made for our business. No more lost leads or cold prospects. The SS interface is so easy to use and the flow is very logical. We have recommended SharpSpring to all...

Pros

SharpSpring is easy to use and is robust. From contact to lead to client management, it's just drag and drop. The marketing automation tools are comprehensive, but simple. When trying to manage a lot of tasks at once, SS makes it seamless and nothing is missed. Their iphone app is great too!

Cons

I don't like where the NEW button is found on the menu bar, but otherwise, the software is easy to use and I don't really have any complaints.