Jotform Reviews

4.6

How would you rate Jotform?

Pros

Best of all, it allows you to integrate into most of the popular platforms seamlessly and it allows you to start small for free and grow big.

SS

Shilles Steven A.

The improved back-end features, the reporting functions, and the integrations have really made me like this platform. The nonprofit discount and the overall affordability have been great.

Nathaniel B.

The form creator is awesome. It made it SUPER easy to design a form with the fields I required my customers to fill out and let's them upload images when contacting me.

BM

Bianca M.

Cons

Due to jotform errors and their non-existent customer service I am now getting angry emails from customers threatening to cancel their subscriptions.

GC

Glenn C.

It's expensive and you can only gather X amount of forms before being charged. The website is a bit dated.

LU

Lydia U.

That it’s hard to read and fill out on mobile browsers because of the tendency to be cut off on the screen.

RB

Ron B.

Communications Manager

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Jotform Review

Transcript

Ron: My name is Ron. I'm a communications analyst. I give jotForm a four out of five. And for more reviews...

A friendlier, powerful form software

Transcript

Lucas: My name is Lucas. I'm a project manager, and I'll give JotForm a five out of five. For more reviews...

So Many Uses

Pros

It is very easy to create a form and decide where it is going to go. There are so many options for distribution. The drag and drop functionality makes it easy for even a novice.

Cons

i can't figure out if I can create a destination folder in dropbox for each form which means I'm still doing some manual archiving.

Hello Diane, we'd just like to thank you for taking the time to write your positive review of our product, especially the form builder and the drag and drop functionality. Every bit of your feedback is important and will only help us improve our product. You can easily integrate your form with the Dropbox integration that will let you create a folder and pass the data to that folder automatically. Please follow this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/77-upload-to-dropbox-with-jotform/. Please contact us directly using our Support System and fill out our contact form at https://www.jotform.com/contact if you have any queries regarding our Dropbox integration.

Setting up of forms in Jotform

Pros

As a first timer, it is very user friendly. Even without any programming knowledge, anyone how intends to automate data entry and generate reports could do so at their fingertips.

Cons

If your using a free acct, you're limited to 100 submissions per month and 5 forms max. However, you will still have the option to upgrade to a paid subscription should your requirements are more than above mentioned.

Hello Muhaimin, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are happy to know that you have great experience using Jotform in creating your form. For your concerns or questions, kindly contact us via our contact form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/.

Premium "Features" are often Limitations

Wanted to love it, but it became useless with the limited HIPAA compliant functionality. It should not be sold as a premium feature.

Pros

The form builder and data mapping capabilities were great but it turned out to be a waste of time when I realized how the premium feature of HIPAA compliance actually reduced the functionality below the entry level.

Cons

The pricing structure is very deceiving and a HIPAA compliant account comes with a LOT of limitations at a premium account level. Many of the features even in the lower tiers are no longer accessible. It is not possible to use this product in a professional healthcare setting without patients running into Jotform branding.

Hello Matt, We are sorry to hear that you're having issues with Jotform. Let me please clarify that the Jotform branding will be automatically removed when you upgrade to any of the paid plans, other settings with Jotform branding can also be customized. With regards to HIPAA Compliance, please be reminded that not all 3rd party widgets and 3rd party integrations are HIPAA Compliance so we only leave those that supports HIPAA. There are also other few options that may compromise HIPAA Compliance like publicly sharing Tables and make uploaded files uploaded to public so they needed to be disabled. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know in our Support System via our Support Contact Form https://www.jotform.com/contact/ so we can help.

The best form builder I have seen!

Jotforms is one of a kind form builder. I am so happy and impressed that I was able to use it to fill in our PDF forms professionally. The free versions have so many good features and the UI is so easy to use. One of the best software I have ever used. Whoever has created this, is a genius!! It has help our business in many aspects to provide professional documents and easy to fill in forms.

Pros

- User-friendly UI - A great convenience for filling in professional documents - So many features including custom email and integration. - Greate user interface

Cons

Adding in the fields can be a bit tough as we are not able to add font-size for how big the fonts should be in the fields.

Thanks for the review, Sadiq. We are thrilled you're happy with your experience using our products and services. We do have the option to change the font-size of your label and text elements using our Advanced Designer. Here is a guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/185-how-to-change-form-fonts/. If you require additional assistance with your form, please contact us via our support system via our contact form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/ and we will gladly assist you.

Simple and straightforward forms management

Pros

I like the extensive feature set coupled with ease of use. A SaaS product with a high degree of customization, many features, and dozens of integrations could quickly become unwieldy and difficult to use. Jotform is powerful but remains intuitive and straightforward to use.

Cons

Sometimes I get logged out and flagged as a potentially fraudulent user if I connect to a VPN. A more helpful security feature to prevent fraud would be MFA.

Hello Patrick, Thank you for your kind words. We're glad to hear that you have enjoyed the available Jotform features. For feature requests, kindly contact us through our contact form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/.

Jotform Customer Service

One widget was functionally what we needed, but the format wasn't right. Jotform support was able to help with custom CSS code to solve our problem!

Pros

Ease of use to set up data capture forms with the back end integration to our Slack channel.

Cons

There are lots of widgets but still missing a few options.

We're happy to know that you are satisfied with our product. It means a lot. Thank you for choosing Jotform, we're so thankful for outstanding customers like you. If you have any suggestions regarding the widgets, please contact us using our Support System and fill out our contact form at https://www.jotform.com/contact.

My Jotform Experience

My overall experience has been great so far with Jotform.

Pros

It's user firendly and easy to launch and intergrate with third party companies.

Cons

Like with any plug and play styled setup can be a little limiting.

Hello Malcolm, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience using our products and services. If you need further assistance or have a feature request, kindly contact us through our support contact form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/.

Powerful and versatile forms solution

We recently found this solution to provide a comprehensive workflow for a variety of repairs we perform. I love the ease of putting together forms and the versatility. We have put together workflows, morning checklists, and a variety of other small-business oriented necessities. I like how thorough the data management is and that it is searchable easily. The number one function that I wish I had would be team usage. The plans go from very inexpensive to EXTREMELY expensive as soon as you want multiple users. That is something to consider.

Pros

I love that it is easily customizable and is extremely versatile.

Cons

There are a few features that I wish it had that make the forms more compatible with workflows. I would love to be able to use the team functions without having to get into extremely pricey territory, but we will have to work around that for now. Lower tier options (for expanding number of views and submissions) are inexpensive but you could very easily run into pay walls.

Hi Gabriel, Thank you so much for your positive feedback! You may use the assignee feature, in which you can assign forms to your colleagues. Here is a guide:https://www.jotform.com/help/652-adding-assignees-to-your-form/ You may also share your tables with your colleagues as collaborators. Guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/1010-how-to-share-your-jotform-tables-and-collaborate/ If you require additional assistance or would like to submit a feature request, please contact us using our support system at https://www.jotform.com/contact/.

The Best Form/App Creator/Project Manger!

Amazing!

Pros

I love that I don't even need a website to sell my products, I'm actually thinking about leaving my host.

Cons

I cant add more than one payment option. People only trust curtain payment options....

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad that the payment integrations helped your business grow. Unfortunately, you can't have multiple payment integrations on the same form. However, separate forms can be created with a different integration on each and then route to either of those from a central form. We have a full guide on that here: https://www.jotform.com/help/182-how-to-create-a-basic-multiple-payment-form/. If you have trouble creating that just let us know using our contact form at https://www.jotform.com/contact.

Gets the job done and allows you to customize to your needs

Pros

The features and ease of customization - being able to have flexibility with conditional formatting and adjusting templates as you need is great.

Cons

At times it feels a little spotty and conditional statements do not work as well as you'd like

Thank you for the great review! Please contact us directly using our Support System and fill out our contact form at https://www.jotform.com/contact for any further queries regarding form conditions.

A great form builder

We use Jotforms across the college for submissions from partnering departments for design and web update requests. This allows us to keep all the information in one place rather than rely on emails. Plus, we have a historical record of all the requests in a given year.

Pros

Jotforms is a simple way to create forms to obtain information and has powerful features for advanced form building. The form builder is drag and drop and provides plenty of options for customization. There is a free version with plenty of features and a cost-effective paid subscription that unlocks plenty of helpful features.

Cons

The UX on the submission side is not great. When navigating to the forms to review submissions, I oftentimes have to think twice about where to find them.

Thank you so much for your awesome review Whit. We greatly appreciate it. We believe that viewing the form submissions is easy. On the My Forms page, you only have to select a form then click the Submissions button on the top menu or click Inbox within the form menu to view the forms submissions data. You can also click the number badge just above the form icon to view the submissions data without leaving the page. Example: https://link.jotform.com/SQahsLiiD0 If you have a better idea, please share it with us at https://www.jotform.com/contact/ so we can open a feature request. Thank you so much!

Great Flexible tool for all your Form Needs

I have used Jotform over the years for many different usage cases. Surveys among a larger group of people, intake forms for trainings and evaluations of meetings etc. - its easy and quick to put together a form, its just as easy and quick for your audience/clients etc. to fill the forms out and its equally easy and quick to make use of that data through their exporting functions. For my (not continual and in large volume) usage I only ever needed the free version. There are some additional functions if you pay as well. The only time I had an issue was when a PDF export function did not work as expected. The engineers got back to me within a short time frame - I was impressed.

Pros

Form templates can easily be adjusted or you can start from scratch. Its easy to set up and use, simple for people to enter their data into your form and your export functions are great (Excel, or each respondents answers as PDF). Customer support is reactive, competent and polite. And all of that even though I have ever only used the free version!

Cons

The only downside might be that the individual settings for each form are a bit hidden. Once you know where they are its not hard to find them, but you might be searching the first time around how to ensure some of the settings are set up in a way that you want them to be.

Thank you for such an awesome review towards our product and our customer support. We truly appreciate it. We are glad to know some of the features work well for your needs and that you find them convenient to use. Happy holidays!

Quick and easy form builder and data collection platform

We use Jotform for collecting internal and external user data in response to fast changing needs (e.g. requesting the health status of those returning from areas that have just come out of Covid lockdowns). The API means we can directly add responses to databases, while Zapier integration allows us to add response to spreadsheets for further analysis.

Pros

Jotform are always releasing new features to meet customer needs. The cost is relatively low compared to other offerings

Cons

The default form controls are somewhat limited, and there is an overall reliance on 'market'/3rd party widgets.

Thank you so much for your nice review Adam. To clarify, we have all the basic form controls available in the form builder and we also added a lot of fields with advanced features like Appointment, Signature, Products, Fill in the blank fields and etc. Furthermore, almost all published widgets are developed and maintained by Jotform even those widgets with integrations from 3rd party services like Adobe Sign, DocuSign, and more, and we also allow our users to create their own private widgets too. If you think there's any form control that we overlooked, let us know at https://www.jotform.com/contact/ and we would be happy to forward it to our developers for future implementation. Thank you!

If you need to create online forms, look no further!

I have had a positive experience with JotForm

Pros

For me, there is no doubt: JotForm is THE one tool everyone should look into when it comes to creating online forms. It doesn't matter what you need the form for and whether you need one form or ten... JotForm is going to be a valuable resource for you. Of all the different things it brings to the table, my two favorite features are its templates and integrations. Why wasting time to create a form...

Cons

Depending on how often you use forms, you may find that the JotForm free plan isn't enough for you (at the moment, it has a limit of 100 monthly submissions) so you are likely to end up having to pay for it. I would say that this is the one thing I like the least about the platform.

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review, Arlene. We are extremely grateful for your great words towards JotForm and we highly appreciate it. You're the best!

An amazing multipurpose platform beyond just data collection

JotForm actually saved our project from collapsing. In the middle of a survey we had launched with a different platform, we were encountering severe technical issues that caused our data collection activities to completely stall. Migrating to Jotform not only solved all of those problems, but offered us features we didn't have with our previous service. Features that allowed us to cut down enumerator errors during survey administration, improve our agent remote monitoring protocols, and generally enrich the survey experience for our data analysts, survey respondents and field agents. It was absolutely amazing.

Pros

Well, first is the ease of use.With Jotform, survey creation to deployment in a matter of minutes isn't just a marketing gimmick...... we were actually able to do it. The quickly customizable templates and very user friendly feel makes it a joy to work with. Also, when we first signed on, we were migrating an active survey from a different service (which was giving us a lot of technical issues) and the customer service support we received was absolutely amazing.

Cons

Response data was being produced as links instead of the intended .pdf forms we had hoped.....when we first launched. And we struggled a bit to understand what was actually happening, but we later figured out the cause and solved it. That has been the only record of any issue we ever had with JotForm.

Thank you for sharing your great experience using JotForm. We are really happy to hear your overall satisfaction including your experience with our customer support team. Thank you and have a good one!

Love JotForm

It's been great. It streamlines so much of my business. It's become a vital part of my processes and workflows.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the conditional formatting. I love the API features and the fact it interconnects with the other products that make my business work.

Cons

That I can't have an additional user (one other one) unless I get five other users. I don't love the fact that the data isn't stored in Australia or that I don't have the option of doing that. I hate the fact they upsell HIPAA Compliance to health practitioners outside of the US as HIPAA isn't designed for anyone outside of the US.

Thanks for your review. Glad to know JotForm helped you in your business. Just FYI, we have an Enterprise solution where you can have a sub-account feature as well as choose your server location e.g. in Australia so your data never leaves your country. HIPAA is also optional in Enterprise. Please check this out https://www.jotform.com/enterprise. For the standard version, since HIPAA is all about safeguarding PHI, all users from different parts of the globe specifically those who also operate in the US can choose to enable HIPAA if they are subscribed to the Silver or Gold plan. If you have more questions, let us know at https://www.jotform.com/contact/ so we can help.

Best online form platform I've used

The experience has been WONDERFUL! Their support team has always been able to help me navigate any issues, especially in the beginning when I was learning the features that aren;t common in other systems. Now, I can get what I need from their support documents.

Pros

I like jotform for its simplicity. I have used many other platforms to build online forms and Jotform BY FAR outshines them all. It is super easy to use and very user friendly. I like that they have make the user experience so easy to build, implement and tabulate results.

Cons

I haven't really ran into anything that I don't like about the software honestly. Anything I have ever wanted it to do is built into it already or they have an integration already in place to assist.

Thank you for your nice review. We are happy to hear about your overall satisfaction using JotForm. Best Regards!

Build Powerful Web Forms in a Snap

I needed to quickly build an embedded form for my website. I registered for an account and completed building the form minutes later. After a few minutes of learning which CSS classes were applied to each form element, the look and feel of the form only took a few more minutest and it was pulling data to the spreadsheet.

Pros

Ease of use and ability to customize a forms CSS to my university's branding standards. Forms are simple and intuitive to build with many options. From standard short and long fields to file upload capabilities, JotForm has many tools to get the job done. Branding was easy to customize by having direct access to the CSS through the form interface.

Cons

At the time of use, JotForm's pricing structure wasn't optimal for my organization. We had a few users who needed to create and manage forms but we couldn't find a level of access that gave us what we needed. Overall, the structure that we needed was affordable for single use, but not for multiple users.

Thanks for your awesome review. The ability to customize the form with CSS injection is indeed what most users like because you can do pretty much everything on the form design like matching your branding colors. Cheers!

Very Good and Constantly Improving Online Form "System"

We are using Jotform for completing our onboarding "paperwork" with our new clients. The conditional formatting option is very helpful in reducing unnecessary questions for different types of clients.

Pros

Jotform started out as a simple webform application and has grown tremendously since I started using it in 2015. The ability to easily create basic forms with templates is fantastic. The incredible number of form field options and widgets makes creating complex forms with great conditional formatting options. HIPAA compliance and form Encryption make collecting sensitive information very secure. Customer service is quick to respond and people trying to use JotForm to create forms for Phishing are identified and locked out until they prove they are legitimate (it happened to me when trying to create an online W-9 for our clients.

Cons

JotForm just released JotForm Reports which may solve my primary "complaint". While you can create awesome notification emails which shows the data collected, You are not able to specify in the notifications to exclude fields with no response. This was important for us and required we use a different vendor since we could not create a workaround.

Thanks for your excellent review. We are glad that your complaint has been resolved. By default, empty fields are not shown on sent email notifications. There's a setting in the email notification where you can enable/disable this feature. Guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/256-How-to-Hide-Empty-Fields-on-Email-Alerts If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us in our Support System through this contact form https://www.jotform.com/contact/. Best Regards!

Form Builder that keeps getting Better

I create all the forms and share them with several faculty and staff here at the College. The software very intuitive, so there's little training needed for others to work with it. The notifications are highly customizable, so for each form I can control who sees the submission, the workflow and the response to the submitter. I've watched the company grow, offering more support and more features, while still keeping the cost for the end user reasonable!

Pros

When Adobe stop offering their online form option, I needed a replacement! I researched a variety of options and went with JotForm. The top features are the ease of use (great interface even for beginners), available templates and the ability to export the form in a variety of formats - embed in a website, fillable PDF, email, etc. Another valuable feature is the management of submissions. Simple to use, easy to manipulate or expert.

Cons

At first, there were some accessibility issues. The developers are currently addressing those issues; they just offered a webinar on how to incorporate ADA compliance. Most of the minor problems when I first started using JotForm have been addressed or improved.

Glad you find JotForm valuable for your needs. It is also great to know that your issues has been resolved. Best Regards!

The Most Powerful Form Builder Online, Anywhere.

Fantastic. From the limitless possibilities with the form builder to the knowledgeable Q&A support staff, JotForm definitely has a winning solution. I would recommend this for small and large businesses, from technical to food service, from cars to dress alterations, from vacation rentals to feedback portals. The people at JotForm listen to feedback and feature requests, I myself was able to have a widget updated after I found a bug that had previously gone unnoticed. You won't find a better combination of power, flexibility, compatibility, user-friendliness, and helpful support in such a refined package.

Pros

In short, everything. For starters, the ability to sign up for free and begin immediately creating forms that work within minutes is unmatched. I am impressed by the extensive amount of widgets that can be utilized for custom data entry, from QR code scanners to file uploaders to widgets that can perform custom calculations. The logic editor for controlling if and where questions, textboxes, widgets,...

Cons

The power and capabilities of the system can be a bit overwhelming to a new user. There isn't an easy tutorial to get you going right off the bat, so you're left searching at times for how best to accomplish a particular goal with your form. That said, the Q&A portion of the website is very helpful, and the ability to ask questions and get fast feedback more than offsets any initial disorientation. The...

Business forms made easy

We run the forms for all our websites through JotForm. The form responses are collected in a database and we are able to display the results in html tables on our intranet. There is even BI on tap, so questions that have defined responses, such as a multiple choice questions, can be visually represented on web pages as graphs. When it comes to collecting information, JotForm has become an indispensable tool in our arsenal.

Pros

I became a JotForm user when Adobe sunsetted its FormsCentral product and I've never looked back. With a little effort, truly anyone can build an attractive, functional form using JotForm. You don't have to know any html, CSS, JavaScript, etc. That said, you will probably have to know some CSS to get a form to look just the way you want it to if you are adding it to your website. At least that is my...

Cons

We purchased a tier that allows up to ten users, however, only the primary user can create forms up to the tier limit--the others users essentially have the limits of the free plan. The only way they can avoid those limits is by moving forms they create to the primary user and sharing the form. I've also occasionally experienced issues with payment.

JotForm is the best way to gather information from anyone, for anything.

JotForm makes our team much more efficient. We're able to streamline processes that would normally take our team a lot of time to complete. For example, rather than posting a job application and combing through all the CV's that show up in our inbox, we're able to use JotForm to host the applications and easily view the submissions in one grid. We can also designate which team members should receive certain applications, so that everyone is notified in real time and there's no need to go through and forward messages. It's been so helpful to us, and I can't recommend it enough for automating processes.

Pros

I love how customizable JotForm is. You can get it to do anything you want, with as many custom conditions as you want. We use this for both external-facing forms like job applications, and internal forms like incident reports and expense reports. I love that you can not only receive an email for every completed form, but also easily download a PDF of each one or download a spreadsheet summary of all...

Cons

I wish JotForm did a better job with compiling survey data. The feature to graph your results is buggy and looks strange. I was able to easily download my survey responses and create my own graphs in Excel, but I don't think JotForm would be my software of choice for another large survey (we've only done one so far). I also wish JotForm offered the option to have a default email formatting style. As it is now, I have to go in manually to each email template on each form and add our logo and other formatting.

User for 5+ Years

Pros

Jotform has been my favorite form builder since 2016. For me, it has been the most useful supporting my work in education advocacy and non-profit project management (for supporter intake, needs assessments, consulting clients, accountability for weekly goals and benchmarks, etc.)

Cons

It is not uncommon for the platform to experience glitches as it expands and gains new features. However, it remains useful (versatile and powerful) regardless. The interface is simple and straightforward: you drag and drop elements, add widgets, integrate others tools, etc. Plus, you can view your form and embed it on your site when you are finished with it.

Thank you so much for your feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. Feel free to open a ticket with us whenever you experience any glitches in the system. You can contact us directly via our Support System: https://www.jotform.com/contact Regards!

By far the best form software

I've used many form software over the years and I always keep changing them due to limitations in functionality and features. Then I came across JotForm and I was impressed and thought to myself, why didn't I came across this platform earlier? Everything I need to start a small business and grow big is here on this platform and I don't need a separate tool/software to manage orders, contacts, customer submissions, staff sales submissions and more. Just one form, and it's JotForm.

Pros

This platform has all your needs to start off, from a regular form to a contract signing, orders managements, contact and more. Best of all, it allows you to integrate into most of the popular platforms seamlessly and it allows you to start small for free and grow big!

Cons

I have not come across any cons yet besides that, the price is slightly high compared to other forms, but worth every penny due to the features in it.

Thank you so much for your nice compliments. We are happy to know that you find JotForm a worthy product. Cheers!