Hub Reviews

Hub

Intranet & communications platform for digital workplaces

Review Summary

Pros

I like the software is nimble -- it is easy to change things quickly. There are several useful features as well.

Teresa P.

Jess E.

It was a relatively easy implementation and the features of the product out of the box satisfied 80% of our requirements. Once you know your way around it admin and updating is straightforward.

Peter K.

Jess E.

Is was an easy to use app maybe the fact that it runs in the background 24/7 causing your battery to die quicker.

Cody R.

4.2

Excellent tool!

Very pleasant!

Pros

We love the Hub because it helps us keep connected among the different branches of the organization despite the physical distance.

Cons

At the beginning we did not know how to connect with GSuite, but we solved it pretty quickly.

Great product at a great price

Pros

The product is versatile and visually-appealing, which is important with our internal audiences. Just about anything we dreamed of, it could do or will do in the near future. Our implementation lead is always available to help and offer suggestions.

Cons

While it has high functionality, it is a bit difficult to master the technical components because it is just so vast.

The good, the bad and the ugly

I am beginning to see more of the benefits now I am using it more

Pros

It can be relatively easy to upload and edit certain items.

Cons

I wish it was more dynamic and had a better design

Hi Helen, thanks for your review. We're glad you're starting to see the benefits of The Hub. We'd love you to get the most out of your intranet, so that you can really maximise the features you're using. One of our consultants is available for a chat or some quick training to show you some examples of how you can easily create slick, modern designs across your Hub, i.e. within your page and...

A really useful tool

I really like its simplicity and ease of use. We had relatively basic requirements (no integration with our own systems) and therefore I wanted something that would be quick to develop. I was working on this project alone and my first enquiry email was sent to Pancentric on 13th July. Including the whole process of demos, questions and comparisons to other providers, the signing of the contract, the build and the training, it was ready to be rolled out to the whole company on 16th August, which I was very satisfied with.

Pros

It's very easy to use, straight out of the box. You don't need to have a background in IT to be able to build the site as everything is very logical and therefore start to end is very quick. A main selling point for me was the ability to have different interfaces ("communities") for different user types and also the ability to book meeting rooms - these were two functions that set Pancentric apart from other providers for me. It is also easy to add-on new users at any time as you are paying for a range of users, whereas other providers I looked at meant you had to go through their support to add a new user as you paid for each individual

Cons

The tools are a little clunky for editing text. It would be great if they had the formatting paint brush, like in Word, where you can easily copy other formats, as the Themes setting doesn't always work as it should. The containers of the home page are set widths, and so although you can display anything you like and the options are good, the dimensions and layout are restricted. There is no live chat or individual tagging function, but this is in development. I was unaware that the build of the site came under "training" rather than "implementation", which increases the cost of development, and so communication on that could clearer.

Hub

A good partner to work with

Pros

We find the product very flexible and can input into the road map. We use it as a collaboration tool with our customers and we can brand it individually for them.

Cons

You do need some training to get up and running, but it is pretty intuitive once you understand the solution structure

Hi David. Many thanks for your review. Great to hear you love the features and flexibility of the Hub, especially the customisable branding for each intranet environment. We understand that intranet training can sometimes be a bit of a pain because it takes up a little time, but we're glad you've found it useful and been able to maximise your Hub because of it. If you have any ideas for any enhancements, just drop us a line on our Client Hub and we'll see if we can get them in our development pipeline :) Thanks again for the review - very much appreciated. Clare

A great tool for communicating what's going with all staff and keeping everyone up to date.

Pros

The ability to set up groups and appoint tasks to group members, the ability to send out group emails to all staff.

Cons

Can be hard to use and find your way around if you haven't had necessary training. Main carousel image sizes are slightly different to sizes used for page headers, this means if we want to add something new to the carousel we would have to create two different images to accommodate the different size constraints.

Thanks for your feedback Robyn! Great to hear you are finding the Task Manager tool useful for your project and workload management. Thank you for your comments on the carousel image sizes - we've logged this and our developers will be working on this shortly to make both work with the same size image to make things easier for you. :)

Excellent new intranet for our business

Overall a good experience, replacing our very old and tired intranet with a much more modern look and feel and a good level of functionality out of the box.

Pros

Cons

We are working hard to increase usage and views as we have proportion of our staff who do not use the software often enough to be familiar with it. There is additional functionality we would like which has yet to be built and delivered.

Been using Pancentrics hub for many years now and every year we find more and more uses for it.

Pros

Its become an essential tool for our staff engagement and is so customisable that you feel like its part of your companies infrastructure. The team at Pancentric are top class and always happy to assist, discuss new features and implement change.

Cons

We find that some of the administration options can be a bit clunky but the team are always happy to advise, help and in many cases make the change for us.

Great Intranet tool!

Overall it’s great! You have a lot of options to work with.

Pros

It’s a great tool to maintain communicated and updated your worldwide team.

Cons

One of the things that it’s really annoying it is when you visit a page linked to a google app, like calendar, sometimes send you an error if you have several Google accounts (personal and work) when you try to “switch account”

Awesome

It's been a great app I would definitely use again if I have too

Pros

I like how you are able to setup someone's device to how you want them to use it and how you can set up what they use

Cons

The team at Pancentric is great. They are extremely responsive and helpful.

Pros

Cons

I don't like how difficult it is to use the back end of the Hub. I think the process of creating new content is hard because the software is not as user friendly as it should be. It is not intuitive.

Hi Teresa, thank you for your review. All customer feedback is extremely valuable, and we appreciate your honesty. Our development team are currently in the process of improving our UX and backend functionality to improve intuitiveness and ease of use, so when this new development is rolled out soon you should see an improvement that will make the backend quicker and easier to use.