Lucidspark Logo

Virtual whiteboard solution for team collaboration

Lucidspark Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.58/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

monday-com
smartsheet

The product is easy to use, very intuitive with the great choice of templates. I would like espeically to point out template for the House of Quality or QFD.
There is no better way to demonstrate how you can bring value to the most important stakeholders for your business- your amazing customers.
I love how easy and user friendly this software is to use, and how the document auto-expands as my thoughts do. I love flowcharts, and LucidSpark has definitely contributed to this love.
Only annoying thing was having to double-tap a lot of the things to make changes. And to redo the arrows after I'd rearrange the squares.
The only issue I found was no in regards to the software. More to do with the password reset option.
The available icons are often too limited and the requirement to upgrade to have access to the broader library seems a little petty.

Meredith B.

Marketing Conlusting

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Bring Your Whiteboard Anywhere!

Transcript

Meredith: Hi, I'm Meredith. I'm a marketing manager. I would give Lucidspark a five. For more reviews...

GK

George K.

Private Land Forestry Program Supervisor

Renewables & Environment, 1,001-5,000 employees

Low-key replacement for post-it-notes and whiteboards

Transcript

George K.: Hi, my name is George. I'm a private land forestry program supervisor. I gave Lucidspark five...

Vince B.

Pharmaceuticals, 201-500 employees

Great product with Jira and Microsoft Integrations

This is a great product from visual design and can improve visualization of the product backlog while having automation of the Jira Integration that will save product leaders time in administrative work.

Pros

The Jira integration helps my team see the product backlog while the integration prevents a product leader from doing redundant work by having to add cards in two sets of software.

Cons

The one opportunity for this software is the navigation in the vertical and horizontal axis. There is a tab on the left hand side that lets the user switch between the functionality of grabbing an object and scrolling in the diagram. This can be frustrating for first time users. My recommendation to Lucid is to make the navigation more like Lucidchart by combining that functionality.

TS

Todd S.

Media Production, 1,001-5,000 employees

Extra without much benefit

My experience was limited since many applications I had already been conducing with the LucidChart product which is already shared amongst others in the organization.

Pros

As a simple tool to layout ideas LS works well. It's simple and does simple things well.

Cons

While it does work well for what it does and remains simple, these seem more like features that should exist natively within the LucidChart product.

DK

Dana K.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

New User Feedback

Pros

I like the layout out the templates to choose from.

Cons

Very touchy to use. Editing is not easily understood. Would value simplified how-to resources for using templates and creating your own. This would provide better new user experience provided this helpful info upfront.

CR

Chris R.

Banking, 10,001+ employees

LucidSpark review

Overall, i have had strong experience with lucidspark in my first month of use. i like the numerous templates and would like to have a full license to be able to edit more than my last 3 boards, etc.

Pros

Ability to collect idea cards from multiple sources and categorize and use for discussion

Cons

Sometimes hard to see whole board and manuever to different regions of the board

RS

Rahul S.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Great collaborative tool

Great tool for whiteboarding and drawing process flows. Easier to use compare to the other products in the market

Pros

Ease of use and embedded icons and logos

Cons

It is difficult to select and move a group of objects

FR

Flavio R.

Internet, 51-200 employees

Lucid is saving work time

Pros

Lucid save time and it is very effective to update topologies when we have a lot of people working at the same design.

Cons

Until now the software is very useful for our activities

Michael L.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Amazing, Simple, Elegant

A wonderful program that I would recommend to anyone who is seeking a way to organize and display their thoughts, plots, or plans.

Pros

The ease of use for the software makes any project a relaxing, focused use of time rather than struggling to organize everything well in advance.

Cons

The options for templates seem a little limited right now.

Alexander F.

Design, self-employed

Flexible Easy to use Collaborative Tool

Pros

For the first time in my life, I was able to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, all thanks to Lucid Spark. The drawing tools are impressively advanced, and the workspace is vey well organized

Cons

As far as I have been using it, I don't recall ever having any problems with Lucidspark.

KC

Kyle C.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

LucidSpark is a must have for Remote work

Love it, great addition to the other tools we use and really great team product.

Pros

I love the collaborative aspect of the tool, being able to follow others and all work simultaneously on one sheet and not have to save and wait to see updates others have made, it's a game changer, also lots of extra functionality that makes it incredibly useful for presentations...etc.

Cons

I think it's a bit tricky to learn how to use to start, there is SO much functionality it can be a bit overwhelming, I also think it can get a bit silly on the chats and team messaging stuff.

Ld

Lukas d.

Automotive, 501-1,000 employees

Lucidspark JIRA integration makes software project planning/management feel sane

I've been able to communicate project statuses and blockers way more easily than before.

Pros

It's the JIRA integration. It provides interactive JIRA cards you can place on a diagram that automatically update when JIRA updates are made like card status changes. Also, you can update the card status right from the diagram card too!

Cons

I think I would like to see a few more shapes/widgets for technical diagramming. Because there are other features about Lucidspark that make it way more attractive for technical project diagramming as opposed to Lucidchart.

TD

Tammy D.

Management Consulting, self-employed

Great Visual Aid Tool To Use In Your Business

As a Business & Marketing Coach it is crucial that I have strategic plans and steps for clients to go through and complete so they can reach their goals. Lucidspark helps me achieve this as well as helps me to continue to develop programs, webinars, courses and more for future revenue sources. I began using Lucidspark because I was introduced through Lucid Mindmapping (I was a paid subscriber to this). When they created their Lucidspark software they introduced to their audience. I was immediately taken in by it and loved it. Their post-it boards are customizable from templates to colors and more. I began using it even more than their mindmapping tool. This became my visual aid go to tool.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. You can jump right in and begin without needing training.

Cons

The one con would probably be cost, although fair it not affordable for many micro businesses.

Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 employees

Getting familiarized

I have used it lightly for documenting my thoughts but I have not given it too much use since I consider I wouldn't be able to use with my team at a higher scale.

Pros

I just started using it to have a place to document my understandings about a project I'm just starting to work with. I think it's very easy to understand, has all of the nice things I like about Lucidchart and I briefly tried to find ways to make it work during my Scrum meetings.

Cons

I could have not really grasped the price structure but at a high level it looked pretty expensive to me. I have a personal membership for Lucidchart that I use for my professional work and I don't mind paying for it. But from what I understood, Lucidspark would be far too expensive for me to get considering the size of my teams. Additionally I was not able to find any option within the tool that I could use to test the tool with a small crew or an option to use it with my whole team although with limited functionality.

SD

Sonakshi D.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Lucid User

Great!

Pros

User friendly, easy to use and less complex

Cons

The shapes and design to follow a template for visibility always

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Good software to express your ideas with schematics

I started to use it for wireframes, but then I started to use it for flow charts and other schemes

Pros

Really intuitive and fairly full of features. It helps me from mind maps to website wireframes

Cons

Not really, it does what it has to do in an easy way

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Good value for money

Overall, it's become our primary tool for mapping business processes.

Pros

Lucid is an easy tool to use to quickly build robust process flows, and share them with other collaborators. The tool is mostly intuitive, and the help pages are useful to fill the gaps.

Cons

The export feature takes a bit to get used to, and could have been a more guided experience.

BF

Brad F.

Industrial Automation, 501-1,000 employees

Doesn't Get Any Easier

I started out looking for a tool that could quickly be created to display processes that need to be defined and it opened a door to other things that were identified needed to be created graphically that would have been done in a much cruder under represented manner. This list is growing to what needs to be created next.

Pros

I needed a tool that I could use to graphically express the processes, structures, and ideas of what I needed to create sales strategies. It needed to be simple, intuitive, and adaptive. I just didn't have time to learn another software package. Lucid did just that. I easily could create, edit, add-on, subtract, and combine to my projects with out having to read any tutorials, instructions, hunt for tips, or learn complicated keystrokes. Ease of use was it for me. Lucid allowed me to spend more time creating vs. struggling to create. Ideas and structure flowed much easier because I wasn't wrapped up in the "how do I do that" part.

Cons

I don't have a like least, but I can say i haven't used every that the software has to offer. I think it would be cool to have some AI in the software that notices things a user might be trying to do that is easier done with another tool or specific premade tool. A suggestion by the software could be made to help use a more useful too to accomplish ideas made easier.

SM

Servando Manuel V.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Lucidspark is a very good tool

Good support, good features and tools.

Pros

Everything looks nice, options and features are easy to find and to use them.

Cons

Nothing cames to my mind right now, overall the experience of using this tool us very nice

CB

Coley B.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Outstanding Platform to Stay Organized

Lucidspark keeps me organized and travels really well. The options to color code, use sticky notes or boards to help my staff effectively coimmunicate with one another has been invaluable during the Public Health Emergency.

Pros

Mind mapping! My practice has multiple locations and each location fails in different levels of restrictions with COVID. Some locations are COVID hotspots and require extra logistical assistance and others have few if any restrictions. Mind mapping allows me to sort information and color code the map . I love this particular feature.

Cons

Upon first glance, I thought it would be difficult to use. The home page us very busy but upon actual use I have found that it is more user friendly than many other platforms I use daily. There is no "new language" to learn to produce effective materials.

RE

Rachelle E.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Turning a vision into a reality

Lucid charts provide expert support, allowing me to focus on my expertise. I have 25 years in the digital industry and lucid charts is and will always be my go-to for bringing projects to life which keeps the revenue streams growing for me and my clients. For me, Lucid charts service and capabilities cannot be beaten. It is worth giving it a try.

Pros

the abilty to use the objects drag and drop feature and to be able to add text or edit as needed, made it possible to create a flow chart that was balanced for technical and non technial users.

Cons

To be honest, at this time, I would not change anything about the platform, it provided me with everything I needed and it did not require tutorials or the time that other platforms require to even get started.

jg

jesse g.

Wholesale, 10,001+ employees

Lucid Charts process mapping review

Generally went really well but takes some time getting use to.

Pros

Easy to use and efficent layout of tools allowing for Process maps to be drafted efficently.

Cons

lack of ability to dictate shape sizes before dragging them out onto canvas.

Aj

Alejandro j.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Still on learning

is ok

Pros

is a good option , but is kind of complex

Cons

is complex, other tools are easier, integrations are good

aC

anthony C.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Lucid spark is very easy to use and install

The only one I have tried and is suitable for my self employed business and clients to keep track of my projected progress

Pros

The easily assessable usage for data makes my job very easy with lucidspark

Cons

My company is about 65 percent adaptable with this product and is still very useful

EY

Erick Yakin L.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Looking for an easy but powerful tool?

At first impression I was considering to look for any alternative but found this as the one that most fit my needs also is pretty easy in comparison with other platforms. You can have one free subscription to test for you and your team and if that get the job done consider about getting a subscription for real and big stacks of work that meets your needs.

Pros

You can use it to develop data flow diagrams very easy and is more likely to drag and drop. Also you can share easily enough your projects files and in the long run saves a lot of time for updating the current state of your development.

Cons

If you are in a big group you will need more space to work and way more files to successfully get a big scope along all your files and definitions. So if you are in a small group I would say that free version is fine otherwise buy a license because you will need one but is not as expensive as other platforms.

Hey Erick - Thank you for being a customer and for leaving a product review. Glad you're liking the drag and drop and sharing functionalities. Have a great rest of your day/week! -Gabe

AS

Ashley S.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

The bomb when it comes digitally creating diagrams

Super, smashing great.

Pros

Easy to adopt great sharing functionality.

Cons

Integration with other apps and export to other formats.

AP

AARON P.

Banking, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

LucidChart for BPMN Flows

Pros

I have used LucidChart on and off since 2012. Software is intuitive which is important. Allows for different types of diagrams. Saves me a lot of time to make quick changes. I highly recommend.

Cons

No cons at this time. The software updates takes care of any past cons.