Contactually Logo

Suggested alternatives

pipedrive
zoho-crm
leadsquared

It's an extremely easy to use platform with a robust list of features to keep track of your relationships. Their concept of buckets is great and the email marketing automation is great.
Great for managing contacts, follow up, etc., easily and in a 'game-ified' way. Fun and easy to use, and provides useful reminders, etc.
I love the clean interface. Support was always very responsive, if somewhat limited in their ability to provide answers.
Hidden fees and some ridiculous idea that some of the features you pay extra for can expire.
They have some glitches, that sometimes you end up losing your unsaved and even saved work. It has some issue with merging, where they merge unwanted data that leads to duplication of work.

TH

Tim H.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Really great for individuals, not bad for teams either.

I've used Contactually several times. I've used it personally and set up entrepreneurs and small sales staffs on it. This is the best CRM, in my opinion, for teams of three or less. Tons of automation options and scheduling options to help you "scale yourself."

Pros

Automation is great, really easy to use for individuals, dynamically monitors your inbox, so you don't need to "log" much.

Cons

Can be difficult to implement for larger sales teams.

GC

Gregory C.

Best CRM, Worst Customer Service

Pros

It's ease of use, overall visual appearance and it's excellent features for client follow up and maintenance.

Cons

Customer service always quick on chat but unresolved issues go, well, unresolved, for weeks. Zero follow up after multiple emails on 3 different occasions. Most tech platforms I use for real estate have issues resolved within minutes. Contactually takes weeks and multiple attempts to reach/resolve. I really hope no one has this experience but notice that others have as well after reading reviews. Too bad I like it so much or I'd go elsewhere. Good for you Contactually.

Falling Behind

Originally it was great for staying in touch with customers, but now most CRMs will provide similar functionality. Their lack of focus on their general users is really starting to show in their product with bugs that aren't being fixed and a general lack of innovation.

Pros

Easy to use. Very user-friendly system for staying in touch with people. Good interface

Cons

They have almost completely stopped innovating and improving their product. Their customer service directly says they are no longer focused on general users and they are only focused on innovating for Compass. It's a real shame as the product was great, but it's really starting to fall behind the other CRMs for real estate agents.

SB

Stephen B.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Great software, helped me make sales!

Pros

Somehow this software always seems to know who you need to contact next! Compared to digging through contacts on other CRMs, this is the most intelligent one I've found. When I open up my app, follow ups appear and they are extremely relevant to deals I'm trying to close currently.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints about Contactually. I like everything about it so far.

PJ

Paul J.

Great CRM for any startup trying to scale!

Pros

After having my team try several other CRM tools, I'm thankful that we found Contactually. Onboarding was simple, the customer service team is very responsive, and it integrates seamlessly with our existing systems. Overall, it is a great value for the price and I wold highly recommend it to anyone running sales for a small team. A few of my favorite features that I can no longer live without are: 1. ScaleMail - allows us to send large, personalized batches of emails to potential clients 2. Pre-built lead nurture programs to help our team stay focused in our outreach efforts 3. Library of pre-written (and proven) email templates which provide GREAT inspiration

Cons

When we first began using Contactually we had one minor issue uploading contacts, but after notifying the team they quickly resolved the issue and uploading has since been a piece of cake!

JJ

Jason J.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Used to be my favorite CRM but they are slow to innovate and add New Features

Pros

Really great CRM for computer novices. The dashboard is a great implementation of daily tasks & reminders. Many CRM's could learn something by looking at the Dashboard in Contactually. The Bucket Game is an easy way to classify your contacts into similar groups.

Cons

Failure to innovate. slow as molasses on a cold winter day to add features. Customers have been asking for a "Birthday Field" for 3+years and it's still not part of the Contacts data set. Numerous other feature requests never get implemented either. They say you "own" your data and it can be easily exported but that's just not true. The do have exports of your data but it is an incomplete set of data. If you create 50 custom email templates there is now way to export them or save them if you choose to use a different product. That isn't data portability. Also, had some issues with backups not being able to be restored.

MS

Maira S.

Real Estate, 10,001+ employees

Have a very love/hate relationship

Pros

I find everything super useful. Contacts are well organized, you can import them and sort them. Action plans are great!

Cons

Search function is not perfect. Emails marketing has a daily limit. When exporting data, excel file has hundreds of columns which makes it very complicated.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

After trying many CRM's I found this to be the most user friendly.

I can keep track of all my clients and stay connected in a way I wasn't able to previously.

Pros

Ease of use and the bucket system make this the go to CRM for realtors. I love that it can read my emails and recognize when I have a new contact or knows when there are double contacts. I am in my 9th year of real estate and wish I had found this sooner.

Cons

I think I may need to upgrade to an automatic drip campaign version as it's tricky to figure out what to keep emailing contacts about.

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Contactually review

For the right person, this is a great CMS.

Pros

I really like how easy it was to add different contacts to your "buckets". In fact, you could even play it as a game to make it easier to sort your contacts.

Cons

It didn't have a robust enough functionality for my business. I think if you are looking for a CMS that keeps your database in order, Contactually is a good choice. If you require more than just database management and email drip campaigns, you may be disappointed.

GW

Geoff W.

Love this product. Couldn't work without it.

Pros

So much to say!!! I love that contactually will automatically update contacts. I really like the ability to send template emails and schedule these. I think the pipeline and program feature is invaluable. Finally organizing by buckets is great as was the onboarding process.

Cons

I price has gone up in recent years. I wish i could switch to the annual payment without losing the grandfathered in option. I also wish the app had more functionality especially access to the pipelines.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

Better options on the market now than three years ago

I have a love hate relationship with them. But, since there are more CRM's available on the market, I'm moving my database to something way less expensive and will create more of the emails for me.

Pros

I bought this four years ago when fewer small CRM's were available on the market. They are somewhat easy to set up since the database is populated by everyone in your Gmail suite. You choose how to label each person if you want them in the CRM. The instructions leave a bit to be desired but overall it's pretty intuitive.

Cons

They have changed a few things, how Bombbomb interfaces is the biggest negative. It's too complicated to describe here but I've been in contact with both support desks and neither seem interested in changing it. Too bad, it's about 100% more difficult to create BB's video's in an email that is part of a program.

BB

Brook B.

Executive Office, 1-10 employees

Great for automation and tracking

Contactually is the best CRM for business owners that want to track and automate lists of any size. They not only have email sending capabilities, but they track calls, texts, emails and manual notes as well. They integrate with all sorts of systems so that you can automate your business followup. Get some help to be most efficient, but it's easy to use right out of the box as well. I have service based clients that are 10K a year to 500K a year using this system and it's just what they need

Pros

Automation Included

Cons

Sending limits are based on google settings. Could add DKIM to make it more robust.

KW

Kriss W.

Extremely helpful software for beginning fundraisers.

Pros

This software, overall, has good functionality. I love being able to keep track of a wide variety of groups and communication strategies using Pipelines and Buckets.

Cons

Differing functionality (and even look) depending on whether I am using it on the computer, iPhone, or iPad. I don't have the capability to do some of the contact editing I would like to be able to do on the go. Also, Contactually is not as intuitive as I would like it to be.

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Buy this if you want to use a competing Brokerage's CRM

Pros

Had a lot of promise, did like automated follow ups and scale mail capabilities

Cons

Now owned by a brokerage. Hello? why is this good for any agents not working for that brokerage now?

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Use to organize my sphere of influence for my business.

Pros

I like that you can organize your contacts easily as well as upload brand new contacts and put notes down for that contact so I can remember exactly who they are.

Cons

I don't like that it took me awhile to learn my way around the software and how to get everything organized, but after a while of using it I got the hang of it.

AC

Anna C.

Changes the Relational Management Side of Business

Our company loved Contactually so much that we integrated it into one of our main tools offered to our real estate agents. We are an "Enterprise" company with Contactually. When we launched, we had our own dedicated coach who held our hand through the 6 week adoption time. He did webinars, called to check in, and still (a year later) checks in regularly.

Pros

It integrates with Google accounts - if you did nothing more than use the integration, you'd be miles ahead of your competition.

Cons

It's a little glitchy here and there, but the support team is quick to look into those issues for us.

Good CRM - takes time to set up

Overall, we have had good feedback from the people who took the time to set up and strategize about their accounts. Adoption and training was the biggest challenge.

Pros

Automative features allow users to set it and forget it. Contactually is a smart system that helps our team not forget to follow up with potential leads.

Cons

Contactually has a very time intensive set up process that is complex (especially for novice CRM users).

MD

Mike D.

Real Estate, self-employed

The best CRM I've used

Love the software, had been looking for a CRM for commercial real estate for a long time and finally found one that will organize things for me and help me make more money.

Pros

Ease of use, intelligent organization, perfect for showing me who I should follow up on and when the last time I spoke to them was.

Cons

Didn't track some emails of some contacts when contacts were imported. Not really any cons so far. Could make it easier to edit contacts when you bring them up, instead of clicking another button in the contact to start editing them.

Amy O.

Executive Office, 1-10 employees

Does the Job for CRM and Email Automation!

Overall, I like Contactually. It is one of the easier and more eye-pleasing platforms that is out there for CRM and campaign management.

Pros

I like that Contactually is farely easy to learn to input your clients/contacts into the database. I also really like the feature that allows you to flag your contacts, and based on those flags, can send automated messages. This can help streamline tasks like on-boarding and keeping track of the process flow.

Cons

Finding features can be kind of a challenge.

LM

Lauren M.

Real Estate, self-employed

Used other for less than 6 months

Good for "bucketing" contacts

Pros

Free trial period to test-run the software. 2 week trial is long enough to dump all your contacts and then spend a week grouping your contacts using the "bucket game" and then export to use in a different software, if it doesnt work for you. Gamification aspect helps you get through the not-fun task of categorizing leads. Nice-looking interface has a friendly and warm look to it, compared to most CRM's--may help with encouraging one to get in there and start making calls.

Cons

Expensive subscription for a single realtor. Data entry required for new contacts, which in the age of Gmail integrations, shouldn't be a requirement of any CRM software anymore. This product really depends on the user to be always categorizing. Predictive technology of who the hot leads are needs to be the direction for the future of the product.

Law Practice,

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great tool for the forgetful

Pros

Easily and automatically tracks who I have contacted, when I have done so, and when I need to reach out to them again. For busy professionals seeking to develop and maintain relationships, this is critical, as it allows you to keep yourself fresh in mind for top referrers and clients.

Cons

The interface could be a bit laggy on Safari. As with many cloud-based platforms, I recommend you use the Chrome browser if on a Mac.

DR

Damian R.

It's helped me improve my productivity since I began using it.

Increased productivity and follow up with customers who would have normally fell by the wayside.

Pros

Follow up reminders. Buckets and categorization. Cross-platform integration. Customer support is very user friendly.

Cons

The outdated phone app that constantly crashes. The syncing needs to be refreshed more often (or instantly) so that it recognizes when a message is sent.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Contactually for Real Estate Agents

Pros

The thing I like most about Contactually is being able to have one place to store all your clients/friends/families and being able to edit and keep track of them!

Cons

The least thing that I liked about Contactually was trying to link it up to your address book from iphone.

DS

Doug S.

Super helpful, interactive with a ton of fantastic support

I think Contactually is an incredible tool to help me organize my contacts and communicate them - intentionally and regularly. I used to scramble to do this and was always reaction. Now I can be proactive and initiate contact. They make it easy! And I've really appreciated the support and help. When I'm stuck, they jump in with ideas, contact and responses. I'm not only impressed - I recommend it to everyone. I'm able to have different frequencies of contact with different types of people. I'm able to set up automatic programs to communicate. I'm able to save email templates that save me a ton of time. I'm able to care for people like I want to do.

Nicole B.

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great system for anyone whose relationships fuel their business !”

I have used Contactually since soon after it launched. I have found it to be one of the most user friendly systems I've used in over a decade. It is very "plug and play" with a low barrier to hitting the ground running. The buckets are a terrific way of effectively segmenting your database and tags are a great method to further group by project. It has been a wonderful tool both in my business as well as my non profit work as well. The iPhone app is terrific- to keep those connections and relationships on the go- truly appreciate the daily digest as well.

Pros

Easy to use. Great mobile app. Inexpensive.