All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Join It Reviews

Pros

Compassionate and generous pricing and trial experiences to get up and running sustainably especially during challenging economic/business times.

Bernd Z.

Read the full review
The ease of use, integration with leading software, and impressive customer support.

Dominic K.

Scott B.

Read the full review

Cons

This was laborious and we often forgot to remind our members to renew their membership. In the end, we lost many members.

Jean-Philippe B.

Wendy F.

Read the full review
Obviously as a nonprofit justifying spending money is really hard.

Taylor D.

4.8

Highly Recommended

Amazing. We had a few issues with syncing 3rd party items (entirely our fauly for making errors prior to joining this platform). Join IT went out of their way to not only help identify the problem but also recommend a solution. 10/10

Pros

We love using Join It. Their customer service is amazing and goes beyond what was expected and what ive recieved from any other company. My organization loved our free trial so much (30 days. ) we have decided to subscribe on an annual basis.

Cons

Obviously as a nonprofit justifying spending money is really hard. While we always would want things to be cheaper for us, the cost also was the lowest we had found for the best platform/features.

Thanks for the very kind words, Taylor! It's a pleasure to support you!

The more you use, the better the fit

Like most small organizations we don't have enough staff or a dedicated IT person on site. But even without dedicated membership staff, Join It simply made membership signup and payment problems go away. Solve my problems quickly and you get my business. Our members now do 100% of their own member setup on the Join It Portal. Talk about saving us time.

Pros

We use every feature Join It provides. To me this is the true measure of the worth of any software app. It took less than a day setup, write copy and prepare offers so we could start signing up members with Join It. Our members mentioned how easy it was to sign up and begin their membership. We signed up 35 members in the first day Join It was on-line. Not one problem. It took us 2+ weeks to get the app Join It replaced up and running. And then we needed to bring in a consultant to finish our setup.

Cons

I guess we wanted to eat our cake and lose weight too. We had to adapt a few of our membership options to the way Join It wanted to handle them. Once we did, everything was fine. In fact I forgot what the origional way we wanted to do things it was. I would have prefered to bring more of Join It's member facing screens into our WordPress WEB site. We use their Portal and no members seem to care.

Thanks so much for the very kind words, John! Our favorite compliment to hear is that we keep it "Easy to Use!". We're looking forward to working with you!

User Friendly

Pros

It is so easy for members to register, pay and send records without getting confused. Many different people use our site everyday. I needed to call for support and was surprised at how fast the response was, my issue was resolved in a very fast friendly manner.

Cons

I haven't run into any issues with this software yet, I'm not the one who set it up so I can't speak to that. I do use it everyday and am pleased.

Free Trial

Club membership of a voluntary organisation is always a problem. I'm looking for some way to consolidate all the bits and pieces various members are storing. With this programme I think I will be able to do it. The Support service is excellent and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been very patient with my queries!! I will write a further review when I've had a bit more time with it!

Pros

It seems to have the features I am going to need, but as I am still trialling it I can't really give a full evaluation.

Cons

Haven't yet had a chance to try all the features.

Most intuitive membership platform on the market

Pros

Incredibly easy to use and set-up, with a friendly and fast support team too for bouncing questions off of. The membership database is super customizable, which is perfect for our needs as a museum. We can export data using tons of filter options, like specific membership types or date ranges of join/expiration. Also amazing integration with Eventbrite! This offers us a way to provide discounted and free tickets to members, offer different perks amount different membership levels, and track all of their discount usage in one place, while creating a seamless and simple experience for the member when checking out on Eventbrite.

Cons

No gift membership option, which we would LOVE to see added in the future. Also would like to see the digital membership cards be expanded to be able to include multiple logos, such as logos of other institutions we have partnerships or reciprocity with, as well as a space for text on the back of the card to provide hours, contact information and our current exhibitions like Cuseum offers.

Thank you so much for the kind words, Aaron!

Good Potential Membership APP

Very simple and good if you like minimalistic approach but high price for what you get.

Pros

I like the simple, minimalist approach. User friendly and really great customer support. Has all the basic features a small organization needs

Cons

Price is somewhat high compared to other full blown apps doing much more than joinit. To upload your members database you will need to submit manually to customer support. All other competing apps I have tried will do this automatically with your mapping input. Does not have webpage features, just very minimal and basic. Financial reports are lacking.

Joinit has rescued of from WildApricot

My organization used Wildapricot before. It made doing all we wanted to do kind of simple, combining website building, emailing, selling tickets, and taking payments in one program. Problem is, it didn't do any of those things very well. Our website felt like it was built on Windows 95, and doing anything was just sort of a pain. Lots of bugs that I had to learn to work around. I was looking for...

Pros

Cons

It's still pretty new, and some cool features are still in Beta stage (member directory, uploading contacts)

Finally a dedicated solution just to manage membership

Overall, we are very satisfied with this product. We have tried several other alternatives that we had to use all sorts of workarounds to achieve our goals. Join It is a streamline membership management solution.

Pros

My favorite feature of Join It is that it focuses on managing memberships. Many of the other CRM solutions we discovered provide 25 features, but are lacking on member management.

Cons

Sometimes the website is slow and data entry takes a bit too long.

Thanks for the kind words, Justin! It's been an absolute pleasure working with you and the PowellsWood Garden!

Good product on it's way to a great product

Love this company! They have been very helpful with problems and giving me ideas for implementation in our organization.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. It's not as feature packed as some software, but, it's very useful and features are being added as time goes on.

Cons

Lack of reports. This is a problem with a lot of online software

Very pleased with the platform

While exploring the platform, the customer service was fast and courteous. Clearly, this team has spent a lot of time developing this system that works so well for a non-profit.

Pros

It totally manages enrolment of new members and is easy to navigate the membership data.

Cons

Haven’t found a con yet. So far, everything works as advertised.

Thank you for the very kind review, Darrell! Working with Organizations like Help Alberta Wildies is why Join It exists! :)

Review of Join It membership software

Join It has enabled me to gather meaningful data on my clients, eg where a new member heard about our services, which industry sector they are in, legal structure, etc, all of which helps me with our marketing plan. Any time I have wanted help, both [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have always been there to give me assistance, and they are also compiling a list of additional options that their customers have requested and they update me as and when there are new functions available.

Pros

It was very easy to set up, and easy to amend features as we ourselves develop. It is very easy to use, gather relevant data and communicate with my customers. The customer support is superb. The quick help guides often have answers to my questions, and if not, then I can use the online chat support, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are excellent at getting back to me quickly and are always helpful.

Cons

There is some limitation in separating out different user types, as at present there are some features that apply to all user types. I would also like more options to tailor the landing page, as at present it is very limited in what I can do with it. When I initially set it up, I had difficulty setting up our account with the financial company's software, that is used by Join It (however, Join It supported me with this, and I imagine this would be the case with all financial software companies).

Thanks for the kind words -- and all the wonderful feedback so far! We look forward to shipping some of the requested features for you! :)

Join It is THE Membership Software Solution for Chambers

I first experienced Join It as a user with another association. I was very excited to bring it to my organization. For the first time, I can, at a glance, know where my membership stands, collect payment, and send confirmations.

Pros

The aphorism Keep it Simple, Stupid, makes Join It genius. The best part of this software is helping members know where they stand in the organization. It can be very confusing to know what the status of your membership it. Join It makes it super easy and apparent.

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like about his software.

Upgrade for Your Membership or Organization!

Overall we are very pleased. This is the first membership software that works for our group.

Pros

My team loves this system so much! I appreciate the new directory feature, but hoping it will expand even more. Love the finances and direct integration with EventBrite and Stripe! So seamless and makes life so easy to run reports and help members.

Cons

The only challenge we had was with the system creating both an active and prospective member profile. So when members would login using the wrong email, it would create a duplicate account but not linked to their financial stuff. We finally turned off that feature.

Thanks for the kind words, Janet! It's such a pleasure being able to work with you and your Organization! :)

Join It, less is much more

Cost of implementation was very low. No outside consultants needed, no staff hours wasted in endless training. JoinIt was simply the best experience we have ever has ramping up new software.

Pros

This is my second try at software to manage our radio station membership. Our first try was a very popular package that required an outside consultant to ramp up. In the end we made mistakes that cost us members. With JoinIt we were running at 100% in 2 days. JoinIt is simple, powerful and stable.

Cons

Part of the price you pay for being easy to use is not including every little tool you might never need. If JoinIt continues to fine tune their software will core improvements we will never switch.

The Solution We Have Been Waiting For!

The initial attraction to Join It was the Eventbrite Integration. This is going to create big opportunities for us in creating and promoting events where memberships are included in the attendance cost. The ease of syncing with SurveyMonkey and EventBrite and MailChimp, and others is huge benefit. We rely on board member/committee member volunteers for our non-profit to assist me with various tasks,...

Pros

It looks great, functions great, has all of the outside automated integrations we need, the pricing is very fair, and it is simply intuitive to use.

Cons

I don't have any least likes about it at this point.

Thanks, Mike! It's been a pleasure working with you! We're appreciative that you chose to work with us! :)

Saved!

Pros

After a horrid launch with a competitive product, I switched to JoinIt and was up and running in 1 day. No hassles, no excuses, just progress and support. Sent my data, they notified me of errors, we fixed them and BAM! it was done. Taking on new members within the hour.

Cons

I'll let you know. Would rather have not paid out 12 months up front.

Thanks for the kind words, Jim! We're thrilled that we were able to get you up and running so quickly! :)

The most amazing customer service I've ever had!

Their customer service is second to none and literally has kept me from pursuing other more robust platforms. I'll take a company that's willing to listen to their users over a huge name that has a few more bells and whistles but is unreachable and / or provides the standard "that's a great idea. I'll send it to our team. Maybe one day we'll do something about it."

Pros

They have listened to my feedback and actually implemented multiples of my suggestions! It's super-cool to see them shape the software based on our needs, and to hear back from a real person usually within 1-2 days. Otherwise the automations are great, and I love the custom admin fields.

Cons

Really needs to have a Zapier integration so that I can do more reporting and moving of data automatically. Also I'd love to see a referral system built for memberships...that's something NO ONE in the business has and it would be a huge selling point!

Thanks, April! It's been wonderful working with you! :)

Right price for the features we actually use. Very easy and user-friendly interface.

Our organization became more organized and felt more comfortable paying for the direct value that we were receiving.

Pros

We spent years using another membership management solution -- paying full price when we really only used two or three pieces of the product. We came across Join It through the ticketing and event management platform that we used. The fact that Join It integrated with the web apps that we already were using was a huge plus, e.g. MailChimp and Eventbrite, but the price point is what sold us. Relative to the other options out there, Join It seemed to provide the best value. We've loved it so far!

Cons

We've encountered one or two bugs as we became power users of their Eventbrite and MailChimp integrations. While the bugs were a source of frustrations temporarily, the team was responsive and helpful in finding a resolution.

Thanks for the kind words, Bruce! It's a pleasure working with you.

Using Join It to Manage Memberships in Nonprofit Organization

Overall, we are very pleased with our Join It experience.

Pros

The membership renewal feature (automatic emails) is very effective and saves time. The merge memberships feature is very useful!

Cons

Inputting offline payments (e.g., from checks or cash) took a bit of time (and trial and error) to understand. But after we entered several and corrected some of our mistakes, we understood how all of the fields worked, and it made sense.

Thank you for the kind words, Sharon! It's been an absolute pleasure working with you and the Friends of the Georgetown Animal Shelter! We love supporting incredible causes, so it's absolutely our pleasure. :)

Perfect for managing our Club membership

Easy to use and functional. With a few more small tweaks it would be perfect. The JoinIt team will listen to all comments and will take action to improve the package if appropriate.

Pros

The integration with other apps such as Stripe payments and MailChimp make this software very usful. The level of support is excellent and mostly the response time is rapid compared to other packages.

Cons

Ther are still a few usability issues that could be improved, particularly in the use of email templates

Thanks for the review, Jeff!

Using Join it to manage society members

JoinIt allows us to use our data to accelerate our membership experience. The team has been super supportive and helpful with quick replies. Really feel like a valued customer.

Pros

JoinIt has been a fantastic asset since we first began using the product 2 years ago. It allows us to easily manage memberships without having to handle and document cash. The integrations is what really makes this platform, allowing us to use our membership data in meaningful ways.

Cons

A few more integrations and an API would allow us to really get the most out of JoinIt.

Thanks for the kind words! It's been such a pleasure working with you! :) Looking forward to serving you for years to come!

Evaluate this One For Sure

Simply put, I couldn't be more pleased.

Pros

I spent around 2 months doing evaluations of this type of solution. For the size and type group we represent, this is the answer! The User Interface is well organized, and just makes sense! Doesn't contain a lot of features that we won't use. Support is the absolute BEST I encountered. No waiting up to 24 hours for an email response. Their use of the chat "Intercom" solution was immediately responsive.

Cons

Wish it had an embedded Event Manager. Minor - Arrangement of Custom Fields for the signup form is a bit awkward, but manageable.

JoinIt Worth Every Penny

Excellent. There's really no other word for it.

Pros

JoinIt made it very easy to establish membership levels and then change them as needed. As a new organization we knew we wanted to make an introductory offer to our legacy mailing list, but we weren't sure what the second phase would look like when we opened up to the public. Once we decided we were able to immediately implement the program with incredible ease.

Cons

It's hard to find a knock against this platform. As the executive director of our organization I'm pretty busy with work in a number of areas and needed something we could rely on which was also intuitive and user-friendly. JoinIt provided all the bells and whistles we needed right away, and right at our fingertips.

Thanks for the kind words, Kevin!

Curvy Riders Membership Software

When I had technical problems very recently, I was lucky enough to have [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on the other end of my email conversation. She was just amazing and so helpful with her suggestions to work through my problem. She went above and beyond and was readily available all of the time. I have also had occasion to speak to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on email and she also has been so helpful.

Pros

This software is so easy to use, however there are times I have a problem or two. It is user friendly and easy to understand.

Cons

There is a function to send out emails to our members, but no facility to save a copy of the email in the system. We do have a work around though which is really helpful.

It's been a pleasure working with you, Maureen!

So easy to use, flexible to set up and the integrations work well

There really isn't anything bad you can say about this product. I did a fair bit of research and am glad I landed on this. All you need to do is change some of the "Americanisms" in the template emails etc but apart from that, this is ready to go for even the smallest databases. In fact we started with zero and are now in a health four figure range thanks to the way this works. Obviously this comes highly recommended.

Pros

Easy to use interface Integration with MailChimp Customer support

Cons

There is no integration with PayPal but understand that this is on its way

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.