Smartlook Logo

Smartlook

Qualitative analytics for websites and mobile apps

Smartlook Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.06/10

Reviews by rating

Great app to do qualitative analytics in user's natural environment helping faster product development. This enables better prioritisation decisions.
VERY good segmentation and ability to isolate recordings and share recordings. Easy to set up funnel tracking with custom events/URL's etc - good visualisation and linking to falloff recordings etc.
Smart look is brilliant to see what your visitor is doing on your site it really helps us in improving our website and making it user freindly.
I found it very disappointing that I was only offered a credit and not a refund of the VAT that should not have been charged to a UK based business.
Will pay more than you get. Data will disappear any day, Application filters don't work.
Heatmaps also does not show % clicks on map, so missing some crucial analytical data.

AG

Abhishek G.

Box is Wonderful for Data Storage and Sharing

Biotechnology, 5,001-10,000 employees

Smartlook gives you so much info

Transcript

Abhishek G.: My name is Abhishek. I'm an R&D scientist. I give Smartlook a five out of five. And for...

John C.

Business Owner

Internet, 1-10 employees

nice piece of kit

Transcript

John C.: Hi, my name's John. I'm a marketing director. I give Smartlook five stars. And for more reviews...

Photography,

Learned so much about my online website

Learning more about my website visitors, what they like, what needs to be optimized, added to, or changed on the website in order to create the best experience for the visitors

Pros

I love that I am able to go through every visitor on my website and see exactly what he or she did. This allows me not only to learn more about what the visitors like the most, but also the things which I need to fix or add. Seeing what costumers do on my website is like viewing my business from their point of view. It is amazing how much I can get out with this software

Cons

The only thing which I disliked was switching from viewing visitors to going back to the list. I feel that the process could be made a little easier if I was able to watch the visitor while also seeing the list of visitors somewhere and be able to switch between them from one same page. However, this is just a minor difficulty for me and I got pretty used to using the platform the way it is.

Thank you for your awesome review! Lukas Mehnert CMO at Smartlook

PW

Philip W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Smartlook helps me look smart

Seriously this is a tool you should be using so you know how your website works for your customers, it's all about finding what works and where you may be going wrong. It's cheaper than a consultant and this online consultant works 27/7

Pros

Smartlook is easy to use it helps me see how people interact with my website so I can improve user experience. I have also been able to make contact with customers who have had difficulty placing an order so this software has helped me in more ways than one.. It can also be used a a good anti fraud deterrent also.

Cons

Price I think the price could be lowered to help the smaller business ,you know the one man band who works from home.

Thank you for your review!

GA

Giovanni A.

Civil Engineering, 11-50 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

I'm not with a good (or bad) experience, because Smartlook doesn't work in Wix Plataform ='(

None, yet ='(

Pros

Nothing, yet, because my website was hosted in Wix Platform, and Smartlook doesn't work in this platform. I'm anxious to Smartlook star to work in Wix Platform, for I begin to use him.

Cons

The platform should work in Wix Plataform, for I use it. Please, add this feature <3. I'm responsable, from my enterprise, to adminstrate website. And Wix Platform also have some problems with Google Analytics. Thus, I would to see Smartlook working in my website.

Hi Giovanni, thank you very much for your review. Lukas Mehnert CMO at Smartlook

Sports, 1-10 employees

Agile and easy to use

Pros

Compared with other Big tools like Hubspot, Smartlook it's much more agile and easy to use. In particular, I really appreciate the real-time chat that allows to improve the conversion rate for those users who are not sure to get registered on your website. great results with little effort

Cons

Not indicated for complex business that needs to go deeper into the users behavior through the funnel analysis

MA

Moh A.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Best For Website Tracking

Overall I am good to use smart look I am rating is 9 out of 10 on capterra.

Pros

Smartlook help me to increase my website traffic by around 15-20% each month. Why? It is a very good tool to find and view real-time visitors what they are doing on your website and where they are dropping off so that you can fix the point. Also, smart look is very efficient to create a funnel and segregate traffic by the type of device, country,etc

Cons

There is one problem I have faced while using smart look, sometimes i see for real-time visitors it shows a little late like around 5min late.

KM

Kapil M.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

The best User Experience Tracking Software

it helps in understanding website user behavior, tracking the analytics and supporting in Improving the content on the website.

Pros

The Integration is super easy, we can get new information about user behavior every time when we check the tool, it is a good software to analyze, improve and implement the content and services on a Platform (web or app)

Cons

not much, it is good and keep on updating

AH

Azad H.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Really really easy to use and perfect to know how visitors use our store.

Watching how i can make my site better for my visitors

Pros

That it has a free version of the product. I wouldnt have tried it if it was paid at first. I was one of the first to try this product when it launched.

Cons

That the play button is 0.5x speed. Also that alot of the elements on my site not loading on the recorder. I have cleared cache multiple times and made my friends go on my site, and they always load every file, but for some reason it wont load in the recorder. Most of the time its the image thats not loaded but other images are.

Hi Azad, thank you for your review! Lukas CMO at Smartlook

James T.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Flat out love SmartLook

CRO that improved ROI by a minimum of 36%

Pros

Quick and easy setup. Get to know what you're customers are doing on your website. Track IP/location of site visitors. Tech info i.e. desktop vs mobile.

Cons

There's a minimum API support online. Would like to see better API documentation and flexibility. Also integration with other platforms such as MAS and CRMs. Would love to integrate SmartLook with Marketo, Salesforce, HubSpot, InfusionSoft and the likes.

Hi James, thank you very much for your review. Lukas Mehnert, CMO at Smartlook

Michael R.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Great tool for viewing visitor actions

The main goal is to improve the conversion rate. Easy to set up and use. Learning curve on understanding the data. Think it will be a great tool.

Pros

The recordings are a great way to see how a visitor interacts with your site. You can view new or returning visitors. Shows referral source, path through site, device used and even browser. Also location.

Cons

Trying to parse and understand all the data is a bit challenging. Would be nice if there was some kind of automated summaries. Lot of data to digest and interpret.

Hi Michael, We are actively working on some automation ;-) Thank you very much for your nice review. Lukas CMO at Smartlook

Marcel V.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Not impressed

I must say I am disappointed.

Pros

Solid app for website traffic recording and easy to implement but there are cons with it...

Cons

There are better apps for monitoring website traffic than this one. If you want to end a trial or a month subscription, just be careful to write them that you wish so in advance otherwise they will charge you even if you have removed your payment card in the account settings. It´s a scam and ridiculous - they do NOT have unsubscribe button in account settings. They don´t even bother sending notifications about ending period. Also, if you want to stick to free trial, you should know that with a decent traffic on your website your recording will end very very fast. Futhermore, this app has a good review because they offer you a free 14 days or even a month free in exchange for a great customer review on review sites.

FM

Firoz M.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

Best Tool to Understand Customer Journey!

Pros

Smartlook is very easy to integrate in multiple ways and Easy to use.

Cons

I wish Smartlook bring Micro Survey as a new feature which can be a good mix in order to understand customer pain points.

CG

Cristian G.

It is the best tool ever

Pros

There are a tons of tools to track visitors, but watch what they are really doing is amazing. Those insights can change everything and help you to create the best customer experience.

Cons

nothing!! everything is cool. Maybe it would be great if you can gather together all sesion that are similar, so you don't have to spend time looking similar sesion that doesn't help you.

Hi Cristian, thank you very much for your review. Lukas Mehnert, CMO at Smartlook

QT

Quang Tri N.

Entertainment, self-employed

The Best

increase your own visitors per pages

Pros

I love the Heatmaps section, especially to view DESKTOP and SMARTPHONE maps. I advice to use this software to understand the section of your website useless.

Cons

Enlarge total storage limit for free account at all websites. It is better araound 1,000 per website.

Hi Quang Tri, thank you very much for your review. Lukas Mehnert, CMO at Smartlook

EA

Enver A.

11-50 employees

Essential Online Marketing and Customer Experience tool.

User Experience Optimization

Pros

It is a great tool to monitor incoming traffic (with sources), and to track their movements on the website in order to improve the user experience on the website. It is a great feedback tool.

Hi Enver, thank you very much for your review. Lukas Mehnert, CMO at Smartlook

FD

Freedom D.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL

We are solving IT issues, abandoned carts, seeing heat maps. Smartlook should be a piece of software that every company has.

Pros

I absolutely love smart look not only for the amount of features that it packs into it but how good those features are, we generally use it for spotting technical issues or seeing the heat maps but its also allowed us to see the main points at which people abandon carts and although we can see that through GA, Smartlook allows us to see what they are looking at when the do it which helps us to narrow down why they left. All of the other features are phenomenal and I just cant fault the support and everything to do with them 😊

Cons

I had no issues with Smartlook at all 😊

Hi Doran, thank you for your review! Lukas CMO at Smartlook

AK

Alvin K.

Renewables & Environment, 11-50 employees

Trial User for Heatmaps

Pros

Our main focus was on heatmaps, it was the reason why we implemented it. It give us great insight into our customers behavior and it is nicely visualized in Smartlook.

Cons

It would be nice if there will be some opportunity to download done heatmaps

LE

Luis Eduardo R.

Veterinary, 1-10 employees

Smartlook has help us to detect bugs and non returning customers in our process of purchase

The perspective of our customers are invaluable to us

Pros

The quality of the recordings and the ease of installation and use. But above all the insides that give us to improve the quality of our processes

Cons

The number of recordings in the free mode, i think that 2000 instead of 1000 could make a big difference for us

Hi Luis, thank you very much for your review. Lukas Mehnert, CMO at Smartlook

BS

Bruno S.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 1-10 employees

Simply excellent!

I can identify the usability issues of my site and fix them. To this day, we can only say good things about Smartlook. We have to congratulate the team by the excellent tool.

Pros

The customer support for free version was excellent. They helped me even in the free plan. Great professionals!

Hi Bruno, thank you very much for your review. Lukas Mehnert CMO at Smartlook

MM

Martin M.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Very helpful, I recommend

I have mentioned it before, but I have to again emphasize that it is powerful marketing tool and also very important instrument for improving functions of your e-shop.

Pros

The basic version is free (so you can try all important functions for free) It is very easy to understand how it works It helps me to improve my internet eshop. I could not see many faults of my eshop without this system. It is also very powerful marketing tool, you can easily watch the behaviour of your customers (where they come from, what time they spent on particular page, what was the reason why they left your eshop etc.

Hi Martin, thank you very much for your review. Lukas Mehnert CMO at Smartlook

Want to Increase your Website productivity? - If Yes then 1000% Smartlook Help You :)

- User Insights in terms of Interest, Thoughts and Where to convert - Remove unwanted things by adding user interest things.

Pros

First of all, I like the way to install and configure - Very Easy Step by Using GTM or Code. Just A Single Code and Get it Done. Second is Each and Every Second, Review, Insights Interest Showcase in Video Format. Heatmaps is also a great feature. I am new for now - reviewing in just after 10 min of signup at Smartlook - but I feel I should share my experience as a new user and ofcourse i am exploring it more and will look into it details. And Yes - It helps me to give a clear understanding about what user looking, searching and react more. So I can get my platform more better in terms of design and options.

Cons

For Now - I am a newbee here. But Ofcourse if there I finf something issue or something i dislike - then i will share to support to make it easier or fruitful for users.

Hi, thank you for your review. Lukas CMO at SMartlook

TI

Tariq I.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Good tool to check real-time visitors

Pros

Smartlook is great that shows in real-time what's exactly user is doing and also it shows the typing data of user in the forms. It also easy to create funnel and track overall process in smartlook.

Cons

The least things about smartlook is that it doesn't show accurate data of cities.

PD

Paula D.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Great Plugin

The plugin are very simple to use. Everyone can use on your own blog or website. Learn about the behavior of your visitors.

Pros

Great Plugin. Can understand the behavior of the visitor in my website, and make some improvements based on his behavior. I recommend.

Hi Paula, thank you very much for your review. Lukas Mehnert CMO at Smartlook

Market Research, 11-50 employees

Best app for UX testing and & user journey analysis

Pros

Very easy setup, you can see any action of every user so you learn the problems in user journeys. We quickly identified many difficulties during the sign-up process of our customers which would never come to our mind. Really worth to try.

Cons

No important cons found yet. There are limits for the free version, but I can understand they need to offer something more in paid plans.

Hi, thank you for your review! Lukas CMO at Smartlook

KP

Khushbu P.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Keep an eye on users and improve conversionsq

Pros

Smartlook is really helpful to understand the user interaction with the website. It works perfect almost most of the time.

Cons

The tool does not work will when you have additional JS files in the page. Also, makes the page loading speed slower

useful tool with good number of functions

See moments when customer get some bug on our page.

Pros

Easy set up of targets and events on page. Create data based on history. Easy UX and design. Fast answers on our questions.

Cons

Heatmap created without our CSSs :( Another point with heatmap - generated long long time after creation - we have a lot of sessions but heatmap didn't work by few days.

Hi, thank you for your review! Lukas CMO at Smartlook