SaaSOptics Reviews

SaaSOptics

Subscription Management for B2B SaaS

SaaSOptics

Review Summary

Pros

Customer support and onboarding was great - very helpful. Would highly recommend you check it out.

Marie M.

Jason L.

Handles rev rec seamlessly, great for B2B billing, super customizable, syncs with salesforce extremely well.

Benton M.

Cons

At the same time, when I pull this info, I also cross-compare against my self maintained spreadsheet to correct errors on the billing profiles.

Grace D.

And the URL is not something easy to remember. Although they do this for security reasons, to reduce the risk of accounts getting hacked.

Alex B.

Then you'll try to find the most basic things, and struggle. For example, is your report to be found under Finance Reports or Analytics Reports.

Alex B.

4.5

Support & CS are vital

Pros

I am so happy that a customer success team has been added. This has been so important as we build our dashboards and reports that we use on a weekly/monthly basis.

Cons

The implementation and training was good but there was a lot I didn't learn that I didn't realize until after implementation was complete. There are a lot of features but I often have trouble figuring out where to go or what reports I need.

Great Revenue software!

SaaSOptics made a huge difference throughout our company, from sales order management (implementing process controls on the GTM team) through to collections and dunning (dropping our AR from 65 to 32 in 3 months). It's been great for our size of company. I'm sure there are more robust softwares out there that can do more, but all of those were out of our price range. I also enjoy the fact that SaaSOptics is continually pushing out new features that directly impact and improve every day processes, not just higher level reporting or UI. Both high level reporting and UI changes are important, but being able to deliver on all 3 fronts, rather than just 2 means that SaaSOptics has been a pretty good company to grow alongside.

Pros

Customizable revenue schedules that are significantly better than the previous excel spreadsheets. This software dropped periodic revenue reconciliation from 4-6 hours to 30 min as a result. The collections and dunning automation is a lifesaver for small accounting/Finance operations teams. If you're only software option for managing Sales Tax is the baked in option within QBO, their Avatax integration is significant improvement on QBO.

Cons

The reporting is not as intuitive to team members who are not active and continuous users. Makes a LOT of sense to me, but I notice there's a learning curve for non-SaaSOptics users to understand the reporting.

Future invoices, Tax options & Client Billing (info) Profiles

I do enjoy how easy it is to raise credits/invoices & sync these transactions to Quick Books from SaaSOptics. It is also very easy to reverse revenue by raising the transaction from the contract. The main issues I have, however, with this software can be narrowed down to - Future invoices, Tax options & Client Billing (info) Profiles: 1. I keep a self-maintained spreadsheet with future invoice...

Pros

Financial Summary - Overview of account

Cons

Tax options

A fantastic and much-needed platform for growing SaaS businesses

Overall, I'd say that SaaSOptics has, after some up-front work to get it configured to our requirements, completely delivered on the lofty expectations we had for it. We have a two-person finance team managing a business that's doing >$15M of ARR. As you can imagine, these brave souls simply would not have time to pull together the sort of deep multi-faceted business intelligence reports and ongoing analytics that SaaSOptics gives us at basically the push of a button. It's been a very important tool for us as we manage growth and optimize our revenue streams.

Pros

SaaSOptics is incredibly flexible and the only solution of its kind that we've seen successfully integrate both Salesforce and Quickbooks in a way that actually dramatically saves time and improves data integrity. We test drove some competing solutions (all far more expensive) and, unfortunately, many of them actually created more issues for us than they solved.

Cons

The flip side of the incredible level of flexibility/customizability that SaaSOptics has is that it is not the simplest solution to learn to work with. While recent updates continue to simplify and enhance the UX, it's still a tool best suited for "power users" and takes some time to learn and use to its fullest extent. If you expect this to be "plug and play", you will be disappointed and not get...

Invaluable for Small Subscription Business

This app is invaluable to our finance team as we are a small team for a growing start-up business and do not have the time to calculate and manage revenue in spreadsheets. SaaSOptics allows us to process orders from Salesforce, automatically generate revenue schedules, and then sync the invoices to the general ledger in QBO with very little manual input. In addition, it provides trustworthy financial and analytic reporting, so we can record revenue in accordance to GAAP standards as well as report on common SaaS Metrics for our BOD meetings. Finally, the SaaSOptics cadence module automates collection emails, so AR management is a breeze. I highly recommend for any accountant looking for a subscription / recurring revenue tool to work alongside QuickBooks!

Pros

My favorite features are the smooth integrations with Salesforce and Quickbooks, the automatic email cadences for improved AR management, and the reporting functionality, both for financial and metric reporting.

Cons

In the way that we use SaaSOptics (with Salesforce and Quickbooks), I have no complaints! The syncs work smoothly and easily. However, we did have some issues with the Intacct integration and the recording of payments from Stripe. While the payment recording is seamless in Quickbooks, in Intacct custom automation had to be built in Intacct in order to match the partial Stripe deposits from SaaSOptics to payments and mark the invoices as fully paid while writing off the credit card fee.

Great tool & great support

SaaS Optics does exactly what it's supposed to do & does it in a clean & clear way. Revenue recognition is complicated but they've made it so much less onerous. It's a very good idea to spend the time on the training so you can utilize the system fully - there are lots valuable tools that will save you time & confusion (ask me how I know this.) Support is on point, all the time. I never have to wait long for a response & they always address my questions or requests thoroughly. The software & site is very reliable & stable as well.

Pros

The Home screen! Love to have tons of information & links to information & processes all in one handy place. Also, they aren't wasting my time waiting for pages to load because they had to gussy it up with a lot of graphics.

Cons

There needs to be a way to set different user access levels. Also, I sometimes can't figure out how to get particular information from reports. Also, often auditors want to see the daily revenue recognition schedule & we can't seem to get that. I assume because it would be a gigantic report. I wish there were a few more embedded links. For instance, every time I change the closing date, it kind of drives me crazy that I can't just click on the date to update it, or click on "Closing Date" but instead have to click on "Update Settings." A bit more click-ficiency would be super appreciated. ;)

We implemented SaaSOptics to prepare for our first audit and eventual entry to capital market

GAAP Compliant revenue recognition and Analytics necessary to support capital market inquiries.

Pros

Our external auditors were included in the evaluation and selection process for a GAAP compliant revenue recognition package. During the audit, I was able to use SaaSOptics to quickly and easily provide revenue recognition reports and deferred revenue calculations that were reviewed and approved by our auditors. With the help of the SaasOptics implementation team, we were able to import 5 years of...

Cons

I would like to the month end financial accounting interface to be more automated. It is still a manual process to prepare the necessary reports and input the month end transactions into QuickBooks.

Very Good Product - Some features need fine tuning

We always struggled with the follow up on outstanding invoices. Using the Cadences has helped us bring old accounts up to date and chase our money! This has been an outstanding improvement to our overall business practices.

Pros

I like using transactions to drive invoice creation rather than relying on Quick Books memorized transaction lists to produce recurring charges. It's easier to make mid term changes and to track revenue growth as well as projecting future revenue based on transactions and auto-renewals.

Cons

A few of the newer features have some bugs, ie: Statements dont show CURRENT invoices, and they also dont reflect all payments made (it's a little glitchy). One of the biggest drawbacks is that the autopay feature is set at the CLIENT level. For monthly subscribers (on autopay) who purchase development time (which we give net 30 terms to), it's a headache to manage in order to ensure that they do...

Saas was a life saver

Love everyone i have worked with and the software.

Pros

The ease of reporting. Having all the information in one place is a lifesaver.

Cons

i struggle with finding the correct report. I would love a class on reporting.

Good with Basics, Needs Fine-Tuning

Pros

e-Invoicing and cadences; Stripe integration for ACH/credit card payments; SFDC integration for deal processing

Cons

difficult implementation; support often does not thoroughly investigate issues and relies heavily on customer to figure out the problem; unable to choose which QuickBooks items sync over; Avalara integration is clunky

Does exactly what we need it to

When we went through the procurement process, SaaSOptics ended up winning over Zuora primarily on price, but also because we were impressed at the intuitive nature of the product. Since then, we haven't been disappointed. The software does exactly what we wanted it. My only qualms would be with the Finance Reporting, as not having analytical data included as optional columns makes the processes of bringing that information in painful and time consuming (downloading an analytical report and using a vlookup to cross reference based on customer or contract numbers). Overall, this is a great product, and I appreciate the constant improvements that are being rolled out regularly.

Pros

Ease of use. Price point. Flexible depending on business case (high volume, low dollar vs low volume, high dollar)

Cons

Lack of analytical data available in Finance reports. Putting data in is still manual, which is okay for now but causes scalability issues. For Auto-Process feature when syncing, user should be able to choose what data is okay to make this workable. Once a transaction has been brought over through the syncing process, it shouldn't be brought over again (creates a duplicate issue that also makes Auto-Process feature unusable).

Excellent Tool for GAAP and Non-GAAP SaaS Reporting

SaaSOptics is the best tool for subscription metrics and revenue/deferred revenue calculations that we've come across in the marketplace. It combines reliable GAAP calculations needed for financial statements with a wide range of Non-GAAP Subscription metrics. Easy to implement and plug into other cloud-based tools at a very low TCO. Customer Support has always been excellent, with prompt and thoughtful responses. Highly recommended.

Pros

Approach to calculations (decoupling of invoicing from rev rec), robust reporting suite, continued evolution of product, customer support.

Cons

Not much, can sometimes be tough to run complex reports or imports, but customer support has been able to help with this. Integrations with NetSuite/Intacct not yet available, but those are in the works.

SaaSOptics is Great

Verify the information all the time and it is always perfect, never a flaw (on their part!). Whenever help is needed they have very explicit directions loaded so 98% of the time one only needs to click Help and the answer is there at your fingertips. I'm old fashioned so everything looks too expensive to me (including bread and fruit), but the system has proven invaluable for deferring income and all of it's reports and it's ability to sync with QuickBooks in a snap, perfectly every time. So, we do not let it go. Highly recommended as one of the perfect systems out there.

Pros

The only thing that tracks deferred income and gives fantastic reports, all accurately, while syncing with QuickBooks.

Cons

Don't have periods "locked", so that can "unlock" them to make a change and then lock again so reports stay consistent. In other words, would like the QuickBooks feature of being able to go back and see the December 2016 report within the system and have a track (transaction detail report) of what was changed after the end of the period.

SaasOptics - awesome subscription management solution!

We are a rapidly growing enterprise SAAS company with 100s of customers. We plan to remain on Quickbooks for a while, and were searching for a comprehensive subscription management, billing and rev rec solution. So glad we found Saasoptics. Very clear documentation including videos, comprehensive feature set that covers all contract scenarios, and workflows that make sense for the business. We have been very happy and feel well supported too. We have the solution integrated with Salesforce and Quickbooks. I would highly recommend Saasoptics to anyone evaluating a billing solution.

Pros

- Feature set supports all contract scenarios - Easy to get under the hood and understand how it works, builds confidence in numbers - Integrated with Quickbooks and SFDC - Rev rec is rock solid

Cons

I'd love to see more robust renewals management integration with SFDC. Looking forward to seeing the April release that enhances that functionality.

What were they thinking?!

UI, UI, UI. My business recently enrolled in SaaSOptics, a financial reporting service for SaaS business. Seldom have I encountered a user experience so bad. For starters, there is no link for user to log in on their home page. You actually need to navigate to an obscure link hidden away in an email. And the URL is not something easy to remember. Although they do this for security reasons, to reduce...

Pros

Still looking for a pro. Update: Within three business days of my review, I was contacted by a SaaSOptics employee with an offer to help. So I have now found a pro: their support seems to be attentive. I have found their leadership to be extremely attentive and helpful

Cons

The UI.

Thank you for your feedback and updating your review. Ensuring our customers have a positive experience is our priority and we're sorry you were dissatisfied. SaaSOptics manages complex B2B subscriptions including revenue recognition, one-off billing, and sophisticated analytics. As a result, we are upfront about the required online training throughout our sales and implementation process. When...

Huge Time Saver but Could Use Some Reporting Tweaks

I use Saasoptics everyday and while it has greatly reduced time spent in my department on billing processes we still do not use it as our main finance reconciliatory system due some small differences in our accounting methods with those built into the system (365 day schedule vs 360, no accounting for leap years, no customization of rev rec periods besides the built in choices).

Pros

The billing functions are intuitive and a time saver.

Cons

It is not fully compatible with our tax system when synced to QB which causes myself or people on my team to go back into every invoice generated in QB to re-save and create a tax line.

Definitely recommend

SaasOptics is a great tool and has much functionality..... A little bit of a learning curve but once we worked with it, not sure why we didn't purchase it sooner. Customer support and onboarding was great - very helpful. Would highly recommend you check it out! We are very happy that we did!!

Pros

Great functionality and takes away the manual effort on our part

Cons

Had a little bit of a learning curve, but put the time in and you will be happy you did

JK

Overall, pretty happy

Pros

Transactions are easily entered & invoicing is well automated. Revenue recognition is well done.

Cons

Synching to AvaTax and Quickbooks causes a lot of things to lock and not be changeable.

Very powerful tool for managing SaaS revenue and invoicing.

Our organization is a SaaS startup, and this product has been invaluable. It has offered so much organization, clarity, and insight into our revenue stream, churn rate, invoicing, etc. I can't imagine going back to a time when SaaSOptics was not available to my team. Great product!

Pros

The ability to accurately recognize, track, and predict recurring revenue and invoices.

Cons

UI and ease of use, although this has improved lately

Love this product - please tweak your UI

We can invoice in a matter of minutes not days. Most of our subscriptions start at the beginning of a month so I have it all set up when I process service orders I can just send invoices when the system tells me to. Collections is great too !

Pros

That I can set up my subscription invoices and renewals so easily. And, collections is 100% more efficient.

Cons

A customer record - why do I have to always scroll to the bottom to save. Your form has so much extra space. And, when I'm processing a sales order from SFDC. You have to hover over the "hamburg" icon and select Process usually easy enough. But, to exclude the screen is so small I can't find with out scrolling - that seams stupid to me. Biggest complaint is the UI.

Excellent SaaS Billing Tool

Very great tool to automate billing and revenue accounting

Pros

Cons

Doesn't have a great customer facing billing or purchasing option, some of the ARR calculations can be a little wonky

First 45 days of software for new hire

I have only been with the company using this software for 45 days. I have found it the system to be good for deferred revenue and detailing contracts for our company. I find it hard to change the invoice numbers to what we have invoiced through our accounting system. I also find it cumbersome to go to the search option or customer each time you want to find a "sub" customer. For instance, level one may be Mickey Mouse for a customer, then the name of the next level is Minnie Mouse. These two customers are one in the same and should flow up to Mickey Mouse. It may just be because I am a new user or our system was not set up to do it that way. I have found that I can change something on one customer but not another. I have not called customer support yet so I did not score that option.

Great customer support

SaaSOptics was already in use when I joined the company. It was very easy to be trained on and whenever I had questions, customer support was incredibly helpful.

Pros

Very easy to use and great support

Cons

Revenue being based on days instead of months. It's easy to adjust, but time consuming when having to adjust revenue for several txns.

TDn2K, LLC

The implementation was not smooth because customer support was not good, but once we figured it out, the transactions loaded pretty smoothly. Ongoing, the system has been easy to work with. There are some addition reports that would be nice to have.

Pros

Easy to use.

Cons

Not enough filters available on reports

Great Program

This is a great program to recognize revenue on our day to day sales and for our long term projects. It is easy to use and keeps all our billing on track.

Pros

I love the revenue recognition.

Cons

I can't say there is anything I don't like about the system.