Findmyshift Reviews

Findmyshift

Simple online employee scheduling

4.62/5 (493 reviews)

Debs Saggers

All good and suits our requirements well

Reviewed 2017-03-06

Have not had to call customer service so not sure of how supportive they are, system itself suits our requirements well, only issue is that we have two shifts a day and if a member of staff is going to be unavailable or on holiday for one shift you have to mark the whole day off, not just that one shift, maybe there could be an option for am and pm unavailability/holiday, etc.

Pros
Easy to plan ahead for the team, easy to email out to them with a message Easy to split departments to show costs

Cons
Inability to show unavailability/holiday for the two shifts we have in a day, can only book a whole day off and not a single shift

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Debs!

We have noted and added your suggestion to our list of feature requests. In the meantime, the best way to add half day time off entries would be to enter 0.5 on the "Allowance used" field.

I hope this helps! If you need more information, drop us an email anytime.

Emma Sayer

Easy way to monitor time and attendance

Reviewed 2018-05-03

Pros
The reports that are available along with the additional facilities that can be added to each individual shift for each individual employee. Being able to attach all our employees details and information is also beneficial to us. Being able to input an hourly rate is also a factor which we like as it allows us to use this against our payroll system.

Cons
I don't really like and am not 100% keen on the fact that there is so separation within the employees and that you can't separate them in departments or different locations. what is also different is cross referencing an employee that is based at one location but covers a shift at a different location, the only way in which we could do this was by colour coding which doesn't clarify specifically what location on the final report.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Emma!

Anonymous

Excellent product for residential home shift planning

Reviewed 2019-04-02

Our overall experience of using find my shift has been excellent. We started using it almost 3 years ago and it is an integral part of the business not only for the care staff but also for finance and business purposes. Without this tool we would not be able to calculate hours/wages/costs easily. We've never had technical difficulties with the software and if ever we have required assistance it has been on hand immediately and has been effective.

Pros
1. Good that you can see 20 weeks worth of shifts 2. Staff ability to access sheets via phone is really good 3. Reviewing past months/years is easy and a very useful function

Cons
1. Sometimes it's too easy to make mistakes i.e. moving a shift without knowing 2. Occasionally we need to have 2 background colours in 1 single cell (e.g. if someone is working an early but then also training in the afternoon) and this can be hard to achieve.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review!

Simon Menear

Reviewed 2018-09-03

going from manual resource management for a Contact Center, from using various spreadsheets to using Findmyshift has been a breath of fresh air and made management of the resource a doddle.

Pros
The price is very fair for the features it provides. The range of reporting is really helpful and as a whole it is really easy to navigate. the view is very clean and easy to find what you're looking for. having visibility of any time off being added is a real great tool.

Cons
I would like to filter by multiples of the same category e.g. several job titles (this may be possible but haven't figured it out yet). adding time off is a few clicks longer than it needs to be. It's a bit annoying when an employee changes their hours and you have to go through and update a few weeks worth with the new hours, A way of having a default shift pattern for each employee that you can change so it changes it for all future shifts.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Simon! To filter by multiple items, just add a comma between them. You can chain as many items as you like in a filter. Also, a quick way to add time off is to select the dates on the schedule, right click and select Add > Time off. I hope this helps!

Wouter Jonker

Five years using Findmyshift

Reviewed 2018-10-25

I'm doing roster for 24 doctors in our department. I can make changes to roster from any computer and relay message to staff members about these changes seamlessly via FMS. The app is great and very easy to use. We've managed to cut paper printouts of rosters as well.

Pros
Great flexibility between facility view and staff view. Different filters and preset filters allow me to tailor rota for different areas in hospital. Product support is excellent. New features added regularly.

Cons
I haven't managed to coordinate our leave cycle which runs from 1 April to 30 March with the leave reports which appears to take annual allowance from 1 Jan-31 Dec. It might be possible but haven't found feature yet.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Wouter! To coordinate your leave cycle, visit Settings > Time off and change the date next to "Holiday year begins". I hope this helps!

Patrick Matthews

Awesome product!!!

Reviewed 2017-04-10

We are a small business that has grown whilst using FMS, the product itself is great, updates intuitive, staff like it, customer support always prompt (and patient given that most of our issues are user error :) )..... Cant recommend it highly enough. PRM Operations

Pros
Seems to be gleaned from excel so staff can use it well

Cons
I don't find the app as user friendly for the administrator of the roster, but the staff love it as individuals, so not sure if that is a con or not, but in the office we almost exclusively use desktop.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for your feedback Patrick! We do hope to add more features to the app in the future to make it more user friendly for administrators and managers. If you have any other questions, please let us know. We are happy to help!

Darragh walsh

A vital business tool. Saves me a lot of time and effort.My staff find it so easy to use the app.

Reviewed 2017-07-12

Controls cost. Frees up my time.Keeps my staff informed and happy

Pros
Ease of use for both desktop and mobile app. being able top control costs by comparing previous weeks . Saves a lot of time. speeds up payroll.

Cons
hard to fault. sometimes get tripped up by entering a pm instead of an am.As I am not that tech aware. I am only discovering how powerful the software really is at my own pace , so if there was a prompt function to ask "why not try this feature" or "do this it will give you this benefit", that would speed up my knowledge and give me more return on my investment

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the awesome review, Darragh! We've noted your suggestion on our list of feature requests.

If you're comfortable using the 24-hour format, we suggest using it to avoid any mistakes with your AMs and PMs. Hope this suggestion helps!

Jennifer Bonner

We have trialed a few different programs and this was the best one we found for our needs.

Reviewed 2017-08-22

We have several business sites around town, this program allows our managers to look and see what staff are scheduled at their sites and when they work at a different location.

Pros
Easy to update and very easy to customize for our staff needs. We have a particular rotation we use for our shifts and it was simple to set up. We have multiple users inputting shifts and its nice to be able to see what user has made the changes.

Cons
It doesn't always seem to save, sometimes you go back and your change isn't there. Also it is not easy to use on the mobile version on your phone. For a PC use it is great.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review, Jennifer! To be on the safe side, we recommend clicking the save button or hitting "Ctrl + S" on your keyboard before exiting Findmyshift to save all your changes.

Lyndsey Hill

Efficient and effective in every way!

Reviewed 2017-10-04

This software makes my life easier day in and day out. The software make scheduling simpler, more efficient and more effective. Very Happy Customer.

Pros
Find my shift is easy to use and very adaptable, find my shift make scheduling and adding rota's easier and less time consuming. The agents find it easy to access and understand also. Find my shift is a great scheduling tool and I would recommend this system.

Cons
I would like to be able to add breaks in a better format, for example rather than it being displayed on the time sheet for it to be on a link for example in grid format.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Lyndsey! Thanks for your feedback about the breaks. When you get a minute, please get in touch with our support team and so we can find out more about what you're looking for.

Richard McLeod

Quality Rota system

Reviewed 2019-09-03

Moving from multiple excel/ paper based systems to a simgle coordinated approach is excellent.

Pros
It is the best value rota software available

Cons
The set up takes some time and the administrator needd training

Response from Out Crowd

Thank you for the review Richard!

Lorraine Booth

Excellent rota system for my staff

Reviewed 2018-02-21

I have never used such an easy system and I will continue to use it for my staff. The App is useful to but the desktop option is much easier to use.

Pros
It is very clear with many functions and my staff find it easy to use. The layout is very clear and the colours are also very useful.

Cons
The display order of the staff listed on the rota seems to be different for each staff member. I would like to set it so we all see the same rota layout.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Lorraine! Glad to hear you're enjoying the site. Regarding the display order - while this can be set globally through "Setting" > "Display", your staff can still override this via their "Options" menu on the rota. If they do want to use the global setting they just need to select the "Default" sort under "Options". I hope this helps!

Ian Calvert

Easy to use, with information clearly displayed. Great access across all devices.

Reviewed 2018-03-21

A much clearer and more accurate view of staff work times, leave. Easier to track absenteeism and manage via the reports available. Simple to use and a time saver when planning rosters and staff leave.

Pros
Initial set-up was easy and the instructions to do so clear. The rosters can be set to cover a wide range of duty shifts, daily and weekly. The roster template set-up was simple and it is extremely easy to transfer to the Overview for use. Changes to the roster for holidays, rostered time off, sick leave etc. is very simple and can be added directly into the Overview. The reports available are clear and full and very good for Management purposes. The time clock log-in and log out is quick and simple.

Cons
The inability to select several staff members when adding time off, especially Statutory Holidays when not all staff have the time off on that day. Even though this may be done directly in the Overview it would be quicker and easier to do as a once only action in the Add Time Off function.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Ian!

Kathryn Tudor

Great rota software

Reviewed 2018-09-14

I have used the customer support chat quite often, and the team are extreme helpful and quick to respond. We intend to use this software for the foreseeable future.

Pros
The ease of adding in shifts and people, the fact that the admin can accept and confirm bookings. The option to add additional roles. The everyone can log in from home to see the rota, and that there is a message board function.

Cons
It is not very transferable between different devices, I often get complaints from the members who use the service with us that the layout is not understandable when read off of a iphone or ipad. The reports function is useful, however I do find it hard to navigate and understand.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Kathryn!

Finlay Irwin

Have been using this software for three rosters for about 5 years

Reviewed 2018-01-09

we manage rosters over 3 sits (soon to be 4). However the cost of paying for multiple rosters that do not link to our paysystem is becoming prohibitive and we are actively looking for an integrated payroll / roster / timeclock package.

Pros
easily accessible for staff, good visuals and easy to use. Some staff are abler to link to the phone calendars which is helpful

Cons
The phone app is not great for me so always use desktop version on my phone, which can be problematic. there should be a setting that forces automatic refresh as sometimes staff will be looking at a roster and not realise it has changed.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Finlay! Please get in touch with our support team so we can help find a solution for you to integrate your payroll with Findmyshift.

Kadie Fredericks

Would Never Consider Using Another Scheduling Tool

Reviewed 2017-09-05

Pros
Our service group uses Findmyshift for scheduling multiple engineers - changes are constantly made throughout the day and by different individuals logged in at all times. The ability to make changes with instant updates and allow everyone to access via phones and web as well as advance scheduling is extremely beneficial - I would never want to be WITHOUT Findmyshift!

Cons
We would like the ability to select multiple resources, type one thing, and have it populate to all cells, but that is more of a recommended preference than an issue with the program.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the wonderful review, Kadie! We're glad to hear you're finding our software beneficial and we'll keep your suggestion in mind.

Mark Crichton

Great, Easy to Use Rota Software

Reviewed 2020-02-03

excellent!

Pros
It just fitted in with our team and the way we work!

Cons
until we realised the "make changes before publishing" it was a bit tough ...

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Mark!

Janet Cornell

We have 7 locations and 25 employees. This software allowes us to track who is working where.

Reviewed 2018-01-22

Pros
I like that the employees can have this app on their phone and check their own schedule. Our company is an assisted living facility and we can put out one email and it goes to all 25 employees when we need a shift filled. We used to have to call everyone to get the shift filled.

Cons
I would like to change the employees credentials from the employee page that lists all employees. Right now we have to go into their own file on the site. But it does allow us to track who had a flu shot, T-B test etc....

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Janet! I've noted your feedback about editing staff credentials from the list page - hopefully we can include that in a future version.

Edwin Kron

I schedule for 2 different companies and www.findmyshift.com is far more value for your money.

Reviewed 2017-08-18

Timesaving, Flexible, Employee tracking.

Pros
I like just about everything about findmyshift.com. I have been using it for several years now and have found nothing that compares for the price. I find it to be easy to use, functional, flexible, feature packed and also like the mobility of it.

Cons
It would be nice to see biometrics built into the database for automatic time clocking... as an option it would be nice to have the feature to have a daily sign in sheet that can be used online by supervisors to check their staff in easily.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Edwin! We're pleased to hear our software is meeting your business needs. We'll keep your suggestions in mind for future updates.

SUSAN ADAMS

Really easy and straight forward system - takes the headache out of rota writing!

Reviewed 2017-10-24

Speed and efficiency of rota writing. Fast accessibility for all staff.

Pros
Ease of use and ease of ability to add new staff as we have a fluctuating staff base. Staff find it so easy to use too so it makes the whole process smooth and efficient.

Cons
I can't seem to re-use names easily so find I have to adjust names on the rota - effectively making up a name :)

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Susan! It's not possible to have two people with the same name on the rota, so when you add your staff make sure you add a last name. If you don't want last names to show on the rota you can change the way this is displayed via Settings > Display. You can also hide last names from other staff via Settings > Privacy. I hope this helps!

Adeline Vining

Reviewed 2019-07-19

It's functional, everyone uses the software easily, and it's by far the best option that we've used so far.

Pros
It's really straightforward to use, the login clock is ideal for our scenario where we might ask people to stay on past their shift time if it is busy.

Cons
We have a lot of young employees who are only legally allowed to work 4hr shifts at a time, so we have a considerable number of employees, although it's actually only the equivalent of 2 full timers and 1 part timer. It makes the software quite a lot more expensive as we pay for each member of staff. I wish there was an offer for small businesses that allowed us to pay for hours shifted per week, rather than by employee.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Adeline! With Findmyshift you don't pay any extra for additional employees, it's just #22 per team - everything included.

Wendy McKenna

Fantastic value for money software

Reviewed 2018-01-08

easier shift planning, annual leave planning

Pros
Easy to use, easy to change shifts, leaves a paper trail for annual leave requests, shift requests etc.

Cons
The app is rubbish for authorising leave etc - have to log in to desktop site. Would like a more robust biometric clocking in/out to link with Find My Shift - using the one on Find My Shift isn't working for us as staff "forget". Would like a terminal where people clock in/out as they enter/leave the office.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Wendy! We do offer a stand-alone time clock application, but if you'd rather use an external system we can look at integrating the data for you - just get in touch with our support team!

Joe Turner

Easy To Use

Reviewed 2017-09-20

Pros
I like how easy it is to use for both workers and managers, no matter if you're in the office or working from home.

Cons
Some faults when using on versions of Google Chrome, Better holiday functionality for half days and not including days not worked in calculations.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the 5-star rating, Joe! If you're experiencing any issues with the software on Chrome, please don't hesitate to email us anytime at help@findmyshift.com.

Time off entries for holidays can be entered as half days by entering 0.5 (if you're using days as holiday allowance unit) or 4 (if you're using hours as holiday allowance unit) on the "Allowance used" field on your time off entry.

On the same note, if you wish to exclude days not worked from your time off calculations, you can enter "0" on the "Allowance used" field. This way, the day will still marked as a holiday but time off allowance will not be deducted.

karen johnson

online rosters

Reviewed 2018-10-12

we where using a paper format that could only be seen in store , find my shift makes it possible for rosters to been seen 24 hours and to notify staff of any changes as they happen

Pros
staff can access their rosters online through computer or smartphone app . They are made aware of roster changes and updates through an automatically generated email , but you can chose to send if needed all staff can see who is rostered on , so if they need someone to cover a shift they can see who is not rostered on .

Cons
I have not come across any major issues , is can sometimes be a bit slow to save changes

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Karen!

victoria martin

Such a valuable tool for staff scheduling!

Reviewed 2017-06-20

Pros
The most valuable part of the software is that staff can see their hours after the business closes. Previously they would have been messaging around each other to see what time they started for the next day but now with a simple click on the site they can easily find out. All staff use the software in our store- its easy to use and saves so much time. The software isn't perfect but it is a vast improvement on our previous system.

Cons
The only downside is how slow it works on ipads. It tends to freeze more often and is less user friendly as a result.

Response from Out Crowd

Hi Victoria!

Thank you for your feedback regarding iPads. We are looking into improving this so it can be as user friendly as on a computer.

If you have any other suggestions or questions, please let us know, we are happy to help!

Peter Wilson

Most useful staff management website!!!

Reviewed 2017-03-21

Pros
We use this site every day and could not fault its uses and the staff who are on hand to help whenever we need it. It covers our every need from simple staff management to reports on just about every bit of information we need to know regarding time off/hours works/budgets etc... The customization is perfect for the user to control how much information everyone linked to our company can view.

Cons
There are some alignment issues with the overview page when selecting more than 2 weeks which can cause problems with reading the correct table for certain staff members.

Response from Out Crowd Ltd

Thanks for the review Peter!