Findmyshift Reviews - Page 2

Have been very happy with Find My Shift

Many. All in the review

Pros

It is easy to use, easy to enter the schedule in and you don't have to follow an exact protocol for the times, etc. I like that I can email everyone at once right from the program, the templates make it convenient to add the schedule weeks in advance, I love the time off request feature, I like being able to change the font colors and the back ground colors. I also love that employees can check their schedules at home from their phones. No one can say they "looked at an old schedule" or didn't know about a shift because its all right there(unless you forget to publish a change...)

Cons

The color chart is hard to tell what color you are choosing. I wish there were an option to "Publish all" So I don't have to highlight a week, then publish, then highlight another week, then publish, etc if I put 8 weeks of schedule in at once. Its a little slow to save/publish

Thanks for the review Jennifer! Glad to hear you're enjoying the site! If you're having trouble with the colour chart, hover your mouse above it and use your mouse wheel to zoom-in and make it larger. I hope this helps!

Invaluable tool for a small business

We have been using findmyshift for quite a few years now. We run a 24/7 operation with about 15 different shift times, so efficient management of staff timetables is absolutely essential. As our business has grown from 15 employees to over 40 we have found this scheduling website to be invaluable. I can't imagine going back to our previous spreadsheet schedule which resulted in staff turning up late to shifts or not coming in at all as they weren't aware of late schedule changes. Automatic syncing with employee calendars and the time-clock function really help to set this software ahead of anything else I've tried. I'm sure we will be using findmyshift for years to come.

Pros

It's easy to use and has a lot of functions

Cons

I wasn't aware until trying other software products that findmyshift had a time-card function. So I would suggest somehow making users aware of these other functions. I'm not sure of the best way to do that - maybe a popup for managers every few logins so with different functions or tips?

Hi Trilby! Thanks for the suggestion. I have added that to our request list for consideration with a future update.

Great online rota solution

I think this is our 5th year renewing with findmyshift. One of the biggest reasons for sticking with them is that you can always get hold of their support, they always want to help and will often go above and beyond to advise, tweek or fix anything that we are struggling with in terms of functionality or potential bugs in the code.

Pros

We've been using findmyshift for years to manage the staff rota for our carehome. Being able to access it anywhere with an internet connection, make changes etc has been invaluable.

Cons

The holiday management within the software doesn't suit our industry very well, great for straightforward hourly rates for staff with hours that never change and where additional payments aren't a consideration but doesn't account for the fact that employees must be paid an average wage for their time off taking into account regular overtime, flat rate bonuses for shifts etc. As such, i need to keep a separate spreadsheet for this.

Thanks for the review Tyrone!

Good starting point

Overall it is a huge improvement on our old excel based rota and the fact that it is web based makes it much easier to access information.

Pros

This software has allowed us to setup bespoke shifts for each of our boarding houses which is brilliant as we do have slightly different shift timings depending on the age of the students in house.

Cons

It does not allow you to setup a generic shift pattern. If you could do this for a year then you would just copy and paste and adjust to allow for the slight differences in timings. When you are adding staff to a shift in a particular house it shows all staff in the organisation. If you have filtered to show only one house in "house view" you should only see staff who are allocated to that specific house. When you print out a rota it is difficult to set the filter times so that you can see a whole year which for us would be very useful.

Makes Scheduling easy

We converted from spreadsheets to using findmyshift, and have been very happy. We no longer have problems with employees not checking the schedule, we can email it to them. It has also helped our time off requests being tracked. My only problem is when an employee forgets to clock in, we can't change the time, so we aren't using that feature. Overall saves us a lot of time making and changing the schedules and keeps our employees informed.

Pros

Easy to change and send to all employees the updates Time off Requests are easy to track

Cons

Clock in times can't be corrected if someone forgets to clock in

Thanks for leaving your review! The time clock times are kept read-only so that they can be used as an audit trail of exactly who clocked-in and out at that time. Of course, this is not going to work for payroll and reporting, which is why payroll and reports all hang off timesheets (approved time clock times). For more information, please see these help articles (or just chat with us live on the site): https://www.findmyshift.com/help/what-happens-if-staff-forget-to-clock-out https://www.findmyshift.com/help/what-is-the-difference-between-time-clock-data-and-timesheet-data https://www.findmyshift.com/help/how-do-i-change-the-times-on-time-clock-report I hope this helps!

Feedback after Using for 2 years.

I have been a consistent user for over 2 years now. I issue my roster weekly. None of my staff (who are mostly younger than me) have any issue with the roster.

Pros

I was originally drawn to this software as my original digital roster program simply priced themselves out of the market and I needed to entertain alternatives. I liked that I was provided a template at no charge to trial. This enabled me to properly road test and gauge if it was software I could navigate.

Cons

I had to ask numerous questions to seek advice about populating rosters. What is obvious now, was not when I originally started using this software. Again, this is most likely operator error. I could see hours and costs on my previous roster platform, and hide them from the printed version. I can't do that with findmyshift, at least not to my knowledge. I would like to if it is possible?

Thanks for the review, Brett!

Just works!

Had tried quite a few prior to this and Findmyshift seems to be a well-balanced software that gets the job done for a business with freelance workers who take regular shifts.

Pros

Can do monthly salary summation, unlike a lot of software which default to a weekly view for shift workers.

Cons

Companion phone app not great. Web version works well though.

Thanks for the review, Ian!

Excellent product for residential home shift planning

Our overall experience of using find my shift has been excellent. We started using it almost 3 years ago and it is an integral part of the business not only for the care staff but also for finance and business purposes. Without this tool we would not be able to calculate hours/wages/costs easily. We've never had technical difficulties with the software and if ever we have required assistance it has been on hand immediately and has been effective.

Pros

1. Good that you can see 20 weeks worth of shifts 2. Staff ability to access sheets via phone is really good 3. Reviewing past months/years is easy and a very useful function

Cons

1. Sometimes it's too easy to make mistakes i.e. moving a shift without knowing 2. Occasionally we need to have 2 background colours in 1 single cell (e.g. if someone is working an early but then also training in the afternoon) and this can be hard to achieve.

Thanks for the review!

All good and suits our requirements well

Have not had to call customer service so not sure of how supportive they are, system itself suits our requirements well, only issue is that we have two shifts a day and if a member of staff is going to be unavailable or on holiday for one shift you have to mark the whole day off, not just that one shift, maybe there could be an option for am and pm unavailability/holiday, etc.

Pros

Easy to plan ahead for the team, easy to email out to them with a message Easy to split departments to show costs

Cons

Inability to show unavailability/holiday for the two shifts we have in a day, can only book a whole day off and not a single shift

Thanks for the review Debs! We have noted and added your suggestion to our list of feature requests. In the meantime, the best way to add half day time off entries would be to enter 0.5 on the "Allowance used" field. I hope this helps! If you need more information, drop us an email anytime.

Easy way to monitor time and attendance

Pros

The reports that are available along with the additional facilities that can be added to each individual shift for each individual employee. Being able to attach all our employees details and information is also beneficial to us. Being able to input an hourly rate is also a factor which we like as it allows us to use this against our payroll system.

Cons

I don't really like and am not 100% keen on the fact that there is so separation within the employees and that you can't separate them in departments or different locations. what is also different is cross referencing an employee that is based at one location but covers a shift at a different location, the only way in which we could do this was by colour coding which doesn't clarify specifically what location on the final report.

Thanks for the review Emma!

Daily clinic and On call rota

Excellent. I have been using it for over 3 years

Pros

Simple to access and use. Mobile access for all users. Easy to edit and change. Access from anywhere

Cons

Could be a little more intuitive. Repeating different individual rota every few weeks or months does not seem possible.

Thanks for the review, Daniel!

going from manual resource management for a Contact Center, from using various spreadsheets to using Findmyshift has been a breath of fresh air and made management of the resource a doddle.

Pros

The price is very fair for the features it provides. The range of reporting is really helpful and as a whole it is really easy to navigate. the view is very clean and easy to find what you're looking for. having visibility of any time off being added is a real great tool.

Cons

I would like to filter by multiples of the same category e.g. several job titles (this may be possible but haven't figured it out yet). adding time off is a few clicks longer than it needs to be. It's a bit annoying when an employee changes their hours and you have to go through and update a few weeks worth with the new hours, A way of having a default shift pattern for each employee that you can change so it changes it for all future shifts.

Thanks for the review Simon! To filter by multiple items, just add a comma between them. You can chain as many items as you like in a filter. Also, a quick way to add time off is to select the dates on the schedule, right click and select Add > Time off. I hope this helps!

Five years using Findmyshift

I'm doing roster for 24 doctors in our department. I can make changes to roster from any computer and relay message to staff members about these changes seamlessly via FMS. The app is great and very easy to use. We've managed to cut paper printouts of rosters as well.

Pros

Great flexibility between facility view and staff view. Different filters and preset filters allow me to tailor rota for different areas in hospital. Product support is excellent. New features added regularly.

Cons

I haven't managed to coordinate our leave cycle which runs from 1 April to 30 March with the leave reports which appears to take annual allowance from 1 Jan-31 Dec. It might be possible but haven't found feature yet.

Thanks for the review Wouter! To coordinate your leave cycle, visit Settings > Time off and change the date next to "Holiday year begins". I hope this helps!

Six elecellent months

Great

Pros

This program is very useful to my organisation. We use it to generate our excel spread sheets for pay as well as viewing trends from the simple analytics capabilities it has. We would really like to see analytics designed for our specific industry but understand the constraints regarding cost. It is well received in the company but would also rather an option to tailor it more to our operations (change colours, theme etc). Great product and we will be using it again soon. Regards

Cons

The software needs a proper calendar option

Thanks for the review, Ryan!

Awesome product!!!

We are a small business that has grown whilst using FMS, the product itself is great, updates intuitive, staff like it, customer support always prompt (and patient given that most of our issues are user error :) )..... Cant recommend it highly enough. PRM Operations

Pros

Seems to be gleaned from excel so staff can use it well

Cons

I don't find the app as user friendly for the administrator of the roster, but the staff love it as individuals, so not sure if that is a con or not, but in the office we almost exclusively use desktop.

Thanks for your feedback Patrick! We do hope to add more features to the app in the future to make it more user friendly for administrators and managers. If you have any other questions, please let us know. We are happy to help!

A vital business tool. Saves me a lot of time and effort.My staff find it so easy to use the app.

Controls cost. Frees up my time.Keeps my staff informed and happy

Pros

Ease of use for both desktop and mobile app. being able top control costs by comparing previous weeks . Saves a lot of time. speeds up payroll.

Cons

hard to fault. sometimes get tripped up by entering a pm instead of an am.As I am not that tech aware. I am only discovering how powerful the software really is at my own pace , so if there was a prompt function to ask "why not try this feature" or "do this it will give you this benefit", that would speed up my knowledge and give me more return on my investment

Thanks for the awesome review, Darragh! We've noted your suggestion on our list of feature requests. If you're comfortable using the 24-hour format, we suggest using it to avoid any mistakes with your AMs and PMs. Hope this suggestion helps!

Quality Rota system

Moving from multiple excel/ paper based systems to a simgle coordinated approach is excellent.

Pros

It is the best value rota software available

Cons

The set up takes some time and the administrator needd training

Thank you for the review Richard!

We have trialed a few different programs and this was the best one we found for our needs.

We have several business sites around town, this program allows our managers to look and see what staff are scheduled at their sites and when they work at a different location.

Pros

Easy to update and very easy to customize for our staff needs. We have a particular rotation we use for our shifts and it was simple to set up. We have multiple users inputting shifts and its nice to be able to see what user has made the changes.

Cons

It doesn't always seem to save, sometimes you go back and your change isn't there. Also it is not easy to use on the mobile version on your phone. For a PC use it is great.

Thanks for the review, Jennifer! To be on the safe side, we recommend clicking the save button or hitting "Ctrl + S" on your keyboard before exiting Findmyshift to save all your changes.

Efficient and effective in every way!

This software makes my life easier day in and day out. The software make scheduling simpler, more efficient and more effective. Very Happy Customer.

Pros

Find my shift is easy to use and very adaptable, find my shift make scheduling and adding rota's easier and less time consuming. The agents find it easy to access and understand also. Find my shift is a great scheduling tool and I would recommend this system.

Cons

I would like to be able to add breaks in a better format, for example rather than it being displayed on the time sheet for it to be on a link for example in grid format.

Thanks for the review Lyndsey! Thanks for your feedback about the breaks. When you get a minute, please get in touch with our support team and so we can find out more about what you're looking for.

Great helpful program with payroll especially

I have used FMS with previous jobs I have been involved in. A larger company of around 50 people, this one of my own with only 2. It certainly has made life easier with larger payroll and time, especially if staff members have different roles at different pay rates.

Pros

Easy to add and alter shifts. Staff can log in and see their shifts at ease. I find this helpful in the hospitality industry, but of course could be used with many different types of business.

Cons

I only have 2 staff, perhaps the fee could be scaled to suit the amount of staff you have. I could use the free version, but I prefer to use the payroll and future dated options. One week forward and back isnt enough for my business.

Thanks for the review, Joanne!

Excellent rota system for my staff

I have never used such an easy system and I will continue to use it for my staff. The App is useful to but the desktop option is much easier to use.

Pros

It is very clear with many functions and my staff find it easy to use. The layout is very clear and the colours are also very useful.

Cons

The display order of the staff listed on the rota seems to be different for each staff member. I would like to set it so we all see the same rota layout.

Thanks for the review Lorraine! Glad to hear you're enjoying the site. Regarding the display order - while this can be set globally through "Setting" > "Display", your staff can still override this via their "Options" menu on the rota. If they do want to use the global setting they just need to select the "Default" sort under "Options". I hope this helps!

Great, Easy to Use Rota Software

excellent!

Pros

It just fitted in with our team and the way we work!

Cons

until we realised the "make changes before publishing" it was a bit tough ...

Thanks for the review, Mark!

Great rota software

I have used the customer support chat quite often, and the team are extreme helpful and quick to respond. We intend to use this software for the foreseeable future.

Pros

The ease of adding in shifts and people, the fact that the admin can accept and confirm bookings. The option to add additional roles. The everyone can log in from home to see the rota, and that there is a message board function.

Cons

It is not very transferable between different devices, I often get complaints from the members who use the service with us that the layout is not understandable when read off of a iphone or ipad. The reports function is useful, however I do find it hard to navigate and understand.

Thanks for the review Kathryn!

Have been using this software for three rosters for about 5 years

we manage rosters over 3 sits (soon to be 4). However the cost of paying for multiple rosters that do not link to our paysystem is becoming prohibitive and we are actively looking for an integrated payroll / roster / timeclock package.

Pros

easily accessible for staff, good visuals and easy to use. Some staff are abler to link to the phone calendars which is helpful

Cons

The phone app is not great for me so always use desktop version on my phone, which can be problematic. there should be a setting that forces automatic refresh as sometimes staff will be looking at a roster and not realise it has changed.

Thanks for the review Finlay! Please get in touch with our support team so we can help find a solution for you to integrate your payroll with Findmyshift.

Would Never Consider Using Another Scheduling Tool

Pros

Our service group uses Findmyshift for scheduling multiple engineers - changes are constantly made throughout the day and by different individuals logged in at all times. The ability to make changes with instant updates and allow everyone to access via phones and web as well as advance scheduling is extremely beneficial - I would never want to be WITHOUT Findmyshift!

Cons

We would like the ability to select multiple resources, type one thing, and have it populate to all cells, but that is more of a recommended preference than an issue with the program.

Thanks for the wonderful review, Kadie! We're glad to hear you're finding our software beneficial and we'll keep your suggestion in mind.