Findmyshift Reviews

4.62/5 (493 reviews)

Melissa Cox

Using Find My Shift for arts venue

Reviewed 2020-05-12

Using FMS has definitely made the rota more accurate and has saved a great deal of admin time.

Pros
It's very useful to have a rota that is always up to date - we moved to FMS having previously done the rota with Excel sheets, which led to issues with staff consulting old rotas. The email alerts are very useful, it saves a lot of time being able to notify staff of shift changes without having to manually email everyone.

Cons
The system isn't exactly set up for the way that we rota staff (members of staff indicate their availability for events , and we then choose staff for each shift out of those available). There isn't an entirely straightforward way of doing this on FMS - i have come up with a workaround using the Time Off feature.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Melissa!

andrea Kendrick

Find my Shift

Reviewed 2018-10-04

Good. Would like to be able to have a sign in for timesheets, that coincide with the roster, so i have an electronic document of it all.

Pros
Can log in from anywhere to check and like wise for staff

Cons
When a staff member finishes and you put a final date in, or you remove that staff member, it removes them from all history. Would be useful to keep on, from that point back, so you could look back on shifts and see where that staff member was allocated.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Andrea!

FYI, when you enter a finish date for a staff member all of their history remains intact, and remains available for historical reporting.

If you're not seeing the staff member in your reports you should get in touch with our support team as there may be a filter or setting that is excluding them.

We're here 8am-8pm UK time, so please feel free get in touch!

Debs Saggers

All good, fulfils our requirements well

Reviewed 2018-05-09

We have a rota system that is easy to use and accessible to all staff

Pros
Ease of use and flexibility, ability to re-schedule the timings of shifts and send a quick email to notify staff quickly.

Cons
We now have quite a lot of staff and some work in two different departments, it would be handy to be able to pick the staff members you want to see and put them on one screen as some are down the bottom of the list and off the page, there is a lot of scrolling up and down to make sure all the shifts are adequately covered.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Debs! Try using the filters to split the view by department - it should help!

Howard Canning

Good, reasonably priced software for totas

Reviewed 2020-04-06

Pros
An easy and intuitive product that anybody can use. A huge upgrade on our previous paper based system. Very easy to set up with a host of useful reports to help to inform about hours worked, costs, scheduling and so on. The downloadable app means every staff member has access to their rota at all times and can also request days off and holidays

Cons
There' s not a lot to dislike about the app. It's reasonably and fairly priced and whilst there is a wide range of reports, some are a bit clunky or can't quite be filtered in the way you might want them

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Howard!

Anonymous

Useful tool for the hospitality industry

Reviewed 2017-05-05

Pros
In the hospitality industry, changes to the rota are the frequent, Findmyshift will send updates of any changes made to the rota and notify all staff. It also allows staff to mark in requests for annual leave or time off. These two features make it easy to organise your rota in advance and at quick notice. The programme is easy to use, and makes organising busy schedules a doddle.

Cons
Mobile app does not show who else is working on shift with you, which would be helpful feature. I always return to the desktop site as an organiser to see the overview of the shifts.

Philip Barr

I've been using this software for 3-4 years now and overall I'm extremely pleased with it.

Reviewed 2017-07-12

It's just made organising our group of vets way easier!

Pros
We run a vet practice with five sites and use the software to plan rota for future months and show vets which duties they have each day and allow them to request holiday etc. It is a huge leap forward from paper planners and our other previous methods.

Cons
I find it a little fiddly to view our setup on mobile or smaller devices, but this is mainly down to the number of staff I'm attempting to organise.

Response from Out Crowd

Hi Phillip! We appreciate the feedback and your loyalty! If you ever have any issues or questions please do not hesitate to contact us, we are happy to help!

Tania Bopp

Solid Scheduling Software

Reviewed 2018-11-30

Enjoy using it, thank you

Pros
Email notification of shift changes; visually

Cons
Should be able to enter a start date and end date range when entering Time off without having to select all the dates (e.g. 2 weeks). Should be able to right click and enter the date range, as oppose to having to view multiple weeks, or selecting the date entering one date of Vacation and them going back in and adjusting the end date.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Tania! If you'd prefer to enter your time off with a start/end date rather than having to select the cells on the roster, just click on "Time off" > "Add time off". I hope this helps!

Elaine Mason

Excellent rota software

Reviewed 2017-02-05

I run three teams of people in three separate locations. Find My Shift is excellent. It lets me create templates for different weeks and then I can edit the templates if I need to. Once applied, the rotas can be edited. There's a 'staff view' which lets everyone see everyone's shifts on one screen, and there's a 'location view' so I can check I have enough people covering the different locations. The mobile version isn't great, but the desktop version can be used on mobile devices with no issues. I've never had to contact customer support, which is why I've not rated that section.

Pros
Full shift visibility over multiple locations on one screen.

Cons
Mobile version is very limited.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Elaine!

Andrew Adler

Good value

Reviewed 2017-04-07

We have used Findmyshift for a few years now predominantly because it is is simple to train new consultants (we have 150 homeworkers) to submit and manage their shifts themselves, which can be different week on week and month on month. Management then can approve and monitor relatively simply. Reporting is basic but fine for uploading onto to CSV/Excel then manipulating the data as you need it. Does not have many bells & whistles but works for us currently as good value for money and simplicity.

Pros
Simple

Cons
Basic reporting and doesn't separate out lunch breaks from stats

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Andrew! We might look into adding breaks on stat reports in the future. In the meantime, breaks can be viewed on hours reports.

Loisoz Evripidou

User Friendly

Reviewed 2017-03-17

Very reliable, allowing everyone in the team to access and nominate changes. i haven't really explored the whole platform, however, if there were a section where you would implement everyones available days/shift, perhaps there may be a way to generate a a template roster then make minor changes if need be

Pros
user friendlyness

Cons
unable to generate roster via staff availability implementation

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Loisoz! Findmyshift has several functions for allowing staff to nominate their availability.

One is the "Request shift" function which allows staff to request any shift they want, subject to manager approval.

Another is the "Available shifts" function where manager can display all available shifts for staff to take.

Lastly, the "Swap shifts" function allows staff to swap shifts without need for manager approval.

I hope this helps!

Angela Holland

I have a team of 15 staff and was previously using excel to set the rotas.

Reviewed 2017-11-08

Efficiency, improved professionalism (=hopefully staff retention)

Pros
Find My Shift has been a great time saver, raised efficiency and improved my professionalism as an employer

Cons
I'm not sure I understand its full potential - Can I use this to help me work out the payroll? How does the sharing of information amongst staff members work? Is there something I can set up that will check I have all positions covered each day of the week? - at the moment this is a manual process and I have made some errors - ie. 2 people bar 11-3, 2 people bar 5.30-9.30, 1 person 9.30-12, 2 people kitchen 9-3 and 5.30-9.30

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Angela! When you get a minute, get in touch with us on live chat and we'll take you through some of the extra features you mentioned.

stephen barton

review

Reviewed 2020-02-03

overall it has been great and very helpful

Pros
the lay out is easy to understand and the app is very nice

Cons
some of the deeper features are hard to understand and or dont work the way you would expect

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Stephen!

Phillipa Sawyer

find my shift has been invaluable to our department since 2009

Reviewed 2017-08-03

Pros
Managing staff rosters for twenty-something part-time staff in 3 locations with variable hours and days is so much easier with online rosters. The colour coding makes looking up your shifts so easy

Cons
the linear display format is good but would be better if it could be displayed in multiple formats to see how the roster balances out over several months. i.e. being able to see several fortnights display in a calendar format to see how shifts are shared

Response from Out Crowd

Hi Phillipa! Thanks for the suggestion. I have added that to our request list for consideration with a future update.

Brett Morgan

Great Cloud Solution for Rosters

Reviewed 2017-05-24

Ease of use. Good employee response and less arguing

Pros
Very easy to use, intuitive and responsive. I like the ease of importing new staff and the template driven week by week roster. This program was the original and I still think one of the best

Cons
Can be a bit expensive without an app based messaging service, maybe something to work on. I would like to see an option to setup rosters by number rather than employees and then you can add employee to number. this way you could build a number based template that anyone can be attached to.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Brett!

Love it but...

Reviewed 2018-08-20

FindMyShift works really well for our business needs, however, it could do so much more, the lack of regular updates and new feature as put the platform behind the competition. The rota part is great the rest around it is so so....

Pros
Being able to have the rota per building or per employee, we use per employee base don our business needs. How easy and quick it is to book and enter times.

Cons
Holiday management Uploads section and notice board need a lot of loving, not very 2018 more like 1999. The Android/ iOS app could be improved massively. Reports are not great or easy to use

Mark Essame

Long time user

Reviewed 2017-03-15

We have been using this system for over 2 years now and it has transformed our scheduling. We have around 30 staff doing vary varied rotas and we have managed to massively reduce the problems with confusion over " I didn't realise I was scheduled for then" and "Oh dear - I forgot but I am now not able to come in" etc. My only criticism is that the holiday system is not very simple to use but it is there and we use it. We have not had to use the support for a long while but in the early days we found that if there were any glitches that they were quickly sorted out. Generally a great piece of kit.

Pros
Clean and clear

Cons
Holiday functions

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Mark!

Karen Briddon

Does what it says on the tin

Reviewed 2018-04-13

Improved communication and a better managed rota.

Pros
Accessible for all staff, easy to use. Staff have the ability to log on from outside of the organisation, which has made a massive difference when booking holidays and keeping staff informed of things that are going on within the organisation.

Cons
Doesn't automatically take of a facility if holiday has been granted, therefore will leave a name on the facility view, which we use a lot. I have been unsuccessful in getting our IPads to take photos when clocking in.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Karen!

Alexander Tamayo

Comprehensive but requires work

Reviewed 2017-02-10

FindMyShift is excellent for getting everything done that you need - scheduling a lot of employees, flexible and easy to change pay rates, reporting and budget views. I even use it as a notice board - part of employee shifts I can leave notes with instructions for my workers, which is excellent. The downside, and what may eventually push me to another service, is that I make all of the shift changes myself. Employees email me when they'd like to swap shifts and unfortunately this leaves me at the center of an ever increasing employee base that needs me to make detailed changes. There is a Timesheet feature but it seems pretty complicated and wouldn't serve our purposes, although I'm considering taking a third look at this to see if it's really not possible for us to use.

Response from Out Crowd Ltd

Thanks for the review Alexander. Get in touch if you'd like us to walk you through the way swaps and timesheets work.

Luis Navarro

Findmyshift is the most practical online option we have found and it makes our staff management easy

Reviewed 2018-01-04

Pros
We can list all our employees and add the necessary information for each of them. The reports are great and crucial for us

Cons
We do not merge information with our POS, but I think Findmyshift would not be able to share it. This may be necessary if we upgrade our POS system for a full clock-in POS. If we did so, we would like the POS information to update Findmyshift, but at the moment those changes would have to be applied manually

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Luis! Get in touch with our support team about your POS integration requirements and we'll see what's possible.

Anonymous

Schedule management (web based)

Reviewed 2019-01-12

I am satisfied in terms of co-managing your work schedule and to express your availability.

Pros
What I like about this is that you can manage your availability in a given date without exerting to much efforts or going to excel file just to create/manage schedule. This software is basically can serve as your own secretary. If you are running a company you can manage your workers with the use of the software, you can put your schedule inputs that employee can see on their end when they log in on their own account that includes personal details of your employee that you can just pull up when you need it.

Cons
It sometimes takes time to load up especially if its a big input.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review!

Sue Worboys

Staff Rotas are Almost a Pleasure Now!

Reviewed 2017-02-03

I have been using Findmyshift for around a year now and can not believe how it has transformed the previously onerous task of creating rotas. My staff find it extremely easy to use too including applying for holidays which I can either accept or decline. I would definitely recommend this to any other business especially those that work long shifts with numerous staff.

Pros
It's so simple to use for both employers and staff

Cons
I don't like using the software on my phone as it is difficult to get the information to appear on the correct date, I therefore only use my phone to view shifts rather than change anything

Response from Out Crowd

Hi Sue! Thank you for the feedback regarding using the site on your phone. We will certainly look into making it more user friendly. If you have any questions or suggestions, please let us know, we are happy to help!

Clare Taylor

A useful product that helps us to manage a large team with a flexible pattern of working

Reviewed 2018-03-15

Pros
Extremely easy to use quickly - can allocate shifts by typing someone's first name, copy & paste shift patterns, etc. Ability to colour code shifts is very useful to help my team determine if the shift is available for team leaders or all staff.

Cons
The app is very difficult to use, and my team and I usually log in through our phone browser if we need to check it on our phones. It takes a long time to work through lots of requests from staff as it will ask to save before every request is approved or declined. This could be more efficient if it just automatically saved after every 2-3 requests are processed.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Clare! To approve multiple requests at once, hold your finger over each request until it becomes selected. Once you've selected the requests you want to approve click the approve button and you'll only be prompted once (instead of each time). I hope this helps!

Allyson Schumer

Hospital Carfe Review

Reviewed 2017-02-28

Excellent - i find that this software allows me to work easitly and migrate over to the accountant the wages summary. Just a caution though - one of my employees did use this siftware to take an unfair dismissal case to court and I can't share it with employees anymore due to this risk.

Pros
Ease - webbased - easy to use - reports for leave

Cons
Employees can use it against the business

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the wonderful review Allyson! We do hope Findmyshift is not being used by staff against your business! We have privacy settings you can enable to minimise access to sensitive information. If you need any helps, contact us anytime.

HELPED A LOT IN EMPLOYEE ATTENDANCE

Reviewed 2018-09-20

Pros
As the person assigned to create attendance and shifts for our employees, I had a hard time with time in and time out. I started using software that can offer Time Tracking features and found Findmyshift. It has helped our company greatly and it also has helped me, took a few things off my hands. It delivers what it advertises.

Cons
The features need more updates and more improvement. They are good and working now, but it feels like they can improve some more. Overall it's great.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review!

Kate Massey

Best Scheduler

Reviewed 2019-04-05

Overall, the scheduler has help our company set precedence and pace to our work, and has helped us grow over time due to the ability of efficiency it helped us reach as a team.

Pros
The most beneficial factor of Find My Shift for my company is the scheduler. It is easy for my employees in the field to see their own schedule as well as the other employees they are to be working with. The ability to easily edit/swap schedules due to employee absences or terminations was also very appealing to us.

Cons
The least appealing aspect of the software is the overall appearance of the scheduler. I understand it is excel based, and that helps tremendously. But this is the only excuse I could give.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Kate!