Findmyshift Reviews - Page 3

It's functional, everyone uses the software easily, and it's by far the best option that we've used so far.

Pros

It's really straightforward to use, the login clock is ideal for our scenario where we might ask people to stay on past their shift time if it is busy.

Cons

We have a lot of young employees who are only legally allowed to work 4hr shifts at a time, so we have a considerable number of employees, although it's actually only the equivalent of 2 full timers and 1 part timer. It makes the software quite a lot more expensive as we pay for each member of staff. I wish there was an offer for small businesses that allowed us to pay for hours shifted per week, rather than by employee.

Thanks for the review Adeline! With Findmyshift you don't pay any extra for additional employees, it's just #22 per team - everything included.

We have 7 locations and 25 employees. This software allowes us to track who is working where.

Pros

I like that the employees can have this app on their phone and check their own schedule. Our company is an assisted living facility and we can put out one email and it goes to all 25 employees when we need a shift filled. We used to have to call everyone to get the shift filled.

Cons

I would like to change the employees credentials from the employee page that lists all employees. Right now we have to go into their own file on the site. But it does allow us to track who had a flu shot, T-B test etc....

Thanks for the review Janet! I've noted your feedback about editing staff credentials from the list page - hopefully we can include that in a future version.

I schedule for 2 different companies and www.findmyshift.com is far more value for your money.

Timesaving, Flexible, Employee tracking.

Pros

I like just about everything about findmyshift.com. I have been using it for several years now and have found nothing that compares for the price. I find it to be easy to use, functional, flexible, feature packed and also like the mobility of it.

Cons

It would be nice to see biometrics built into the database for automatic time clocking... as an option it would be nice to have the feature to have a daily sign in sheet that can be used online by supervisors to check their staff in easily.

Thanks for the review Edwin! We're pleased to hear our software is meeting your business needs. We'll keep your suggestions in mind for future updates.

Couldn't Work Without It

Extremely positive, I have implemented it now in 3 businesses I have set up.

Pros

The initial set up isn't challenging at all, I love the way I can communicate with all the staff within minutes, we work on a clock in and out operation so recording staff hours is critical for the monthly wage run and the report on hours gives me all the information I need in a couple of simple clicks.

Cons

I personally don't find anything negative but if I had to find any criticism it would be that when your writing a long message when sending out a communication the text can sometimes be slow to type and catch up.

Thanks for the review, Carla!

Really easy and straight forward system - takes the headache out of rota writing!

Speed and efficiency of rota writing. Fast accessibility for all staff.

Pros

Ease of use and ease of ability to add new staff as we have a fluctuating staff base. Staff find it so easy to use too so it makes the whole process smooth and efficient.

Cons

I can't seem to re-use names easily so find I have to adjust names on the rota - effectively making up a name :)

Thanks for the review Susan! It's not possible to have two people with the same name on the rota, so when you add your staff make sure you add a last name. If you don't want last names to show on the rota you can change the way this is displayed via Settings > Display. You can also hide last names from other staff via Settings > Privacy. I hope this helps!

Using Find My Shift for arts venue

Using FMS has definitely made the rota more accurate and has saved a great deal of admin time.

Pros

It's very useful to have a rota that is always up to date - we moved to FMS having previously done the rota with Excel sheets, which led to issues with staff consulting old rotas. The email alerts are very useful, it saves a lot of time being able to notify staff of shift changes without having to manually email everyone.

Cons

The system isn't exactly set up for the way that we rota staff (members of staff indicate their availability for events , and we then choose staff for each shift out of those available). There isn't an entirely straightforward way of doing this on FMS - i have come up with a workaround using the Time Off feature.

Thanks for the review, Melissa!

Good, reasonably priced software for totas

Pros

An easy and intuitive product that anybody can use. A huge upgrade on our previous paper based system. Very easy to set up with a host of useful reports to help to inform about hours worked, costs, scheduling and so on. The downloadable app means every staff member has access to their rota at all times and can also request days off and holidays

Cons

There' s not a lot to dislike about the app. It's reasonably and fairly priced and whilst there is a wide range of reports, some are a bit clunky or can't quite be filtered in the way you might want them

Thanks for the review, Howard!

Easy To Use

Pros

I like how easy it is to use for both workers and managers, no matter if you're in the office or working from home.

Cons

Some faults when using on versions of Google Chrome, Better holiday functionality for half days and not including days not worked in calculations.

Thanks for the 5-star rating, Joe! If you're experiencing any issues with the software on Chrome, please don't hesitate to email us anytime at help@findmyshift.com. Time off entries for holidays can be entered as half days by entering 0.5 (if you're using days as holiday allowance unit) or 4 (if you're using hours as holiday allowance unit) on the "Allowance used" field on your time off entry. On the same note, if you wish to exclude days not worked from your time off calculations, you can enter "0" on the "Allowance used" field. This way, the day will still marked as a holiday but time off allowance will not be deducted.

EXCELLENT PRODUCT

good - it would be great to integrate with other systems - not sure this is possible

Pros

I have used this easy product since the early days of my business which is now 13 years old - I see no reason to change as its brilliant. My least techo member of the team can use it easily too.

Cons

The mobile view could be easier to use, the detail needs to shrink more to be more legible

Thanks for the review, Ellie! To shrink the detail on the mobile site, click on "Settings" (under the main menu) and use the "Font size" slider. I hope this helps!

online rosters

we where using a paper format that could only be seen in store , find my shift makes it possible for rosters to been seen 24 hours and to notify staff of any changes as they happen

Pros

staff can access their rosters online through computer or smartphone app . They are made aware of roster changes and updates through an automatically generated email , but you can chose to send if needed all staff can see who is rostered on , so if they need someone to cover a shift they can see who is not rostered on .

Cons

I have not come across any major issues , is can sometimes be a bit slow to save changes

Thanks for the review Karen!

Such a valuable tool for staff scheduling!

Pros

The most valuable part of the software is that staff can see their hours after the business closes. Previously they would have been messaging around each other to see what time they started for the next day but now with a simple click on the site they can easily find out. All staff use the software in our store- its easy to use and saves so much time. The software isn't perfect but it is a vast improvement on our previous system.

Cons

The only downside is how slow it works on ipads. It tends to freeze more often and is less user friendly as a result.

Hi Victoria! Thank you for your feedback regarding iPads. We are looking into improving this so it can be as user friendly as on a computer. If you have any other suggestions or questions, please let us know, we are happy to help!

Most useful staff management website!!!

Pros

We use this site every day and could not fault its uses and the staff who are on hand to help whenever we need it. It covers our every need from simple staff management to reports on just about every bit of information we need to know regarding time off/hours works/budgets etc... The customization is perfect for the user to control how much information everyone linked to our company can view.

Cons

There are some alignment issues with the overview page when selecting more than 2 weeks which can cause problems with reading the correct table for certain staff members.

Thanks for the review Peter!

Find my Shift

Good. Would like to be able to have a sign in for timesheets, that coincide with the roster, so i have an electronic document of it all.

Pros

Can log in from anywhere to check and like wise for staff

Cons

When a staff member finishes and you put a final date in, or you remove that staff member, it removes them from all history. Would be useful to keep on, from that point back, so you could look back on shifts and see where that staff member was allocated.

Thanks for the review Andrea! FYI, when you enter a finish date for a staff member all of their history remains intact, and remains available for historical reporting. If you're not seeing the staff member in your reports you should get in touch with our support team as there may be a filter or setting that is excluding them. We're here 8am-8pm UK time, so please feel free get in touch!

All good, fulfils our requirements well

We have a rota system that is easy to use and accessible to all staff

Pros

Ease of use and flexibility, ability to re-schedule the timings of shifts and send a quick email to notify staff quickly.

Cons

We now have quite a lot of staff and some work in two different departments, it would be handy to be able to pick the staff members you want to see and put them on one screen as some are down the bottom of the list and off the page, there is a lot of scrolling up and down to make sure all the shifts are adequately covered.

Thanks for the review Debs! Try using the filters to split the view by department - it should help!

review

overall it has been great and very helpful

Pros

the lay out is easy to understand and the app is very nice

Cons

some of the deeper features are hard to understand and or dont work the way you would expect

Thanks for the review, Stephen!

Useful tool for the hospitality industry

Pros

In the hospitality industry, changes to the rota are the frequent, Findmyshift will send updates of any changes made to the rota and notify all staff. It also allows staff to mark in requests for annual leave or time off. These two features make it easy to organise your rota in advance and at quick notice. The programme is easy to use, and makes organising busy schedules a doddle.

Cons

Mobile app does not show who else is working on shift with you, which would be helpful feature. I always return to the desktop site as an organiser to see the overview of the shifts.

I've been using this software for 3-4 years now and overall I'm extremely pleased with it.

It's just made organising our group of vets way easier!

Pros

We run a vet practice with five sites and use the software to plan rota for future months and show vets which duties they have each day and allow them to request holiday etc. It is a huge leap forward from paper planners and our other previous methods.

Cons

I find it a little fiddly to view our setup on mobile or smaller devices, but this is mainly down to the number of staff I'm attempting to organise.

Hi Phillip! We appreciate the feedback and your loyalty! If you ever have any issues or questions please do not hesitate to contact us, we are happy to help!

Solid Scheduling Software

Enjoy using it, thank you

Pros

Email notification of shift changes; visually

Cons

Should be able to enter a start date and end date range when entering Time off without having to select all the dates (e.g. 2 weeks). Should be able to right click and enter the date range, as oppose to having to view multiple weeks, or selecting the date entering one date of Vacation and them going back in and adjusting the end date.

Thanks for the review Tania! If you'd prefer to enter your time off with a start/end date rather than having to select the cells on the roster, just click on "Time off" > "Add time off". I hope this helps!

Excellent rota software

I run three teams of people in three separate locations. Find My Shift is excellent. It lets me create templates for different weeks and then I can edit the templates if I need to. Once applied, the rotas can be edited. There's a 'staff view' which lets everyone see everyone's shifts on one screen, and there's a 'location view' so I can check I have enough people covering the different locations. The mobile version isn't great, but the desktop version can be used on mobile devices with no issues. I've never had to contact customer support, which is why I've not rated that section.

Pros

Full shift visibility over multiple locations on one screen.

Cons

Mobile version is very limited.

Thanks for the review Elaine!

Good value

We have used Findmyshift for a few years now predominantly because it is is simple to train new consultants (we have 150 homeworkers) to submit and manage their shifts themselves, which can be different week on week and month on month. Management then can approve and monitor relatively simply. Reporting is basic but fine for uploading onto to CSV/Excel then manipulating the data as you need it. Does not have many bells & whistles but works for us currently as good value for money and simplicity.

Pros

Simple

Cons

Basic reporting and doesn't separate out lunch breaks from stats

Thanks for the review Andrew! We might look into adding breaks on stat reports in the future. In the meantime, breaks can be viewed on hours reports.

Schedule management (web based)

I am satisfied in terms of co-managing your work schedule and to express your availability.

Pros

What I like about this is that you can manage your availability in a given date without exerting to much efforts or going to excel file just to create/manage schedule. This software is basically can serve as your own secretary. If you are running a company you can manage your workers with the use of the software, you can put your schedule inputs that employee can see on their end when they log in on their own account that includes personal details of your employee that you can just pull up when you need it.

Cons

It sometimes takes time to load up especially if its a big input.

Thanks for the review!

User Friendly

Very reliable, allowing everyone in the team to access and nominate changes. i haven't really explored the whole platform, however, if there were a section where you would implement everyones available days/shift, perhaps there may be a way to generate a a template roster then make minor changes if need be

Pros

user friendlyness

Cons

unable to generate roster via staff availability implementation

Thanks for the review Loisoz! Findmyshift has several functions for allowing staff to nominate their availability. One is the "Request shift" function which allows staff to request any shift they want, subject to manager approval. Another is the "Available shifts" function where manager can display all available shifts for staff to take. Lastly, the "Swap shifts" function allows staff to swap shifts without need for manager approval. I hope this helps!

We like it

Pros

It is very easy to use both for the scheduler and the employees. I can setup the schedule in employee view and employees look at their own schedule in that view. When co-workers across departments need to see who is manning what post that day they look at the facility view. We were planning to have a bespoke system made that would have cost 20-30x as much. But this product has everything we would have asked for in a bespoke product.

Cons

I cannot really name anything negative. We used to have a bespoke system that handled this function. It was not able to do anything that findmyshift cannot do as well or better.

Thanks for the review, Sigurdur!

I have a team of 15 staff and was previously using excel to set the rotas.

Efficiency, improved professionalism (=hopefully staff retention)

Pros

Find My Shift has been a great time saver, raised efficiency and improved my professionalism as an employer

Cons

I'm not sure I understand its full potential - Can I use this to help me work out the payroll? How does the sharing of information amongst staff members work? Is there something I can set up that will check I have all positions covered each day of the week? - at the moment this is a manual process and I have made some errors - ie. 2 people bar 11-3, 2 people bar 5.30-9.30, 1 person 9.30-12, 2 people kitchen 9-3 and 5.30-9.30

Thanks for the review Angela! When you get a minute, get in touch with us on live chat and we'll take you through some of the extra features you mentioned.

Best Scheduler

Overall, the scheduler has help our company set precedence and pace to our work, and has helped us grow over time due to the ability of efficiency it helped us reach as a team.

Pros

The most beneficial factor of Find My Shift for my company is the scheduler. It is easy for my employees in the field to see their own schedule as well as the other employees they are to be working with. The ability to easily edit/swap schedules due to employee absences or terminations was also very appealing to us.

Cons

The least appealing aspect of the software is the overall appearance of the scheduler. I understand it is excel based, and that helps tremendously. But this is the only excuse I could give.

Thanks for the review Kate!