Findmyshift Reviews

4.62/5 (493 reviews)

Tom Lauckner

Easy to manage 25 staff across 6 units

Reviewed 2017-12-05

Pros
The ability to assign shops, and then add that to different staff. Helps for budgeting for each unit especially with ability add payscales Colour coordination by shop and staff member

Cons
Slightly clunky when editing cells and changing shifts etc. Few additional features - clock in and out, holiday tracker.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Tom! Get in touch if you have any suggestions on how we can streamline the process of changing shifts for you - it should be painless!

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Audrius Radzius

Amazing!!! Using for all group

Reviewed 2018-03-28

Staff rota, notice board.

Pros
Easy to use, easy to explain to the staff how does it works, you can create the rota for as long as you need, have facilities, so can allocate the staff cost

Cons
Lacking customised settings . i.e.breake rules, you can't set up different rules for different staff.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Audrius! To set up different break rules for a single staff member just click on "Pay & time off" in their profile, then click on "Break rules". I hope this helps!

Chase Hallstrom

The perfect fit for our company

Reviewed 2016-12-12

Absolutely love FindMyShift! The 24/7 access, maximum flexibility in who can change schedules, drag-and-drop easy to use, and customized schedule views make this infinitely better than a spreadsheet. We can run vacation reports, color code shifts to correspond to various managers, and changing the 'Facilities' tab to 'Vehicles' has allowed us to keep track of who has what equipment. We don't use FMS exactly how it was intended, but it's more than flexible enough to meet our needs.

Pros
Flexible, customization, access from anywhere.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for your review!

Wendy McKenna

we love Find My Shift!

Reviewed 2017-05-17

easy software planning

Pros
used for a few years now - extremely easy to use for managers and staff. support are always very quick to get back to us.

Cons
the app is rubbish for managers - i'm sure it's fine for just checking your shift, but to do anything else I have to go into desktop mode.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks Wendy, we appreciate the feedback! We hope to add more features to the app in the future to make it a better tool for managers. If you have any other questions or suggestions, please let us know.

Jillian Waugh

Reliable application, easy to use

Reviewed 2017-08-07

Pros
FindMyShift is a relatively easy system to use, both as an administrator and a user. It has a simple interface that provides an instant snapshot.

Cons
When scheduling staff it can be time-consuming to manually select all staff who have requested a shift for that particular day. Would be useful to allocate shifts, then send a message to all others who requested a shift but were not successful in one easy action.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Jillian!

Kirsty Cameron

Invaluable

Reviewed 2016-12-13

We use FindMyShift daily, it is an invaluable service. There is so much that you can do with it and it is so versatile. The support is also great and they are always willing to show you how to best utilise all of it's functions.

Pros
Quick and easy. Support is great. So many different things you can do.

Cons
It would be good to be able to put all of the hours you need covered into a system and you work out a rolling rota for a team.

Lucy Lovell

Fantastic software really easy to use

Reviewed 2017-07-05

better clarity of staffing, programmes, qualifications and easy to manage staff and activity programmes all in one software

Pros
The ability to easily amend to bespoke with the help of the support team, adding extra functionaility. The ease of being able to see all the planning required up to 20 weeks.

Cons
can be a bit glitchy - occasionally dates don't line up but its rare! we generally find it really good, no major problems or errors and the team are quick to help and support when we need it

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the great review Lucy!
If you ever experience misaligned columns again, try hitting the "Ctrl + 0" command on your keyboard. I hope this helps!

Leanna Moore

Great easy access rota system with excellent support

Reviewed 2016-11-30

A well designed rota system which allows for complex planning and ease of communication with staff. Excellent technical support, with queries quickly responded to in a friendly and helpful manner. Only drawback is the limited support for Apple platforms which can cause issues with staff accessing rotas from their iPhone/iPad. Overall excellent service.

Pros

Cons
Technical updates without communications - i.e. processes change and have to quickly re-learn them in order to complete tasks.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for your feedback Leanna!

Sunil Patel

Since discovering Findmyshift I have been impressed and told many people to start using it ASAP

Reviewed 2017-11-28

Pros
Fantastic value and ease of use. It does everything that we need it to without trying to do more than is necessary. Staff have access on demand and it helps with communication.

Cons
The reports for calculating time worked should be integrated into payroll software such as Quickbooks

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Sunil! We'll be integrating with Quickbooks soon so you'll soon be able to send staff hours directly without having to export/import. I hope this helps!

Kathy Hiester

Like the format

Reviewed 2018-03-20

Saves me time

Pros
I like the scheduling format and ability to see the ovreview as well as forward scheduling. The ability for my staff to go on line and access their schedule at any time is useful as well. The staff like this feature as well and is a key reason why I chose it

Cons
There are times I cannot find the answer to my question or problem and I want to speak to someone to solve it. I cannot find a phone number to solve this problem. I could not remember my login and there was not a way to reset that as well.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for your review Kathy, and sorry to hear you were unable to find answers to your questions. Our support team is hear 12 hours a day from 8am to 8pm GMT, both on live chat and on email. If you do run into any more problems please don't hesitate to get in touch!

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Jørgen Fensgård

Easy, flexible and transparent.

Reviewed 2017-12-07

Easy planning!

Pros
Easy to swap, change and deploy resources. Suit our needs perfectly as we're able to add projects in rows and deploy multiple employees in each project.

Cons
Could have worked better on touch-screens. Would love to see more open triggers and actions towards Zapier!

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Jørgen! We recently updated the site to work better on touchscreen devices but if you're still having trouble please get in touch with our support team.

Derrick Holland

Pleasantly Suprised

Reviewed 2017-07-25

Pros
The reporting feature on hours worked per employee and time off report have been a great help in our staff management.

Cons
Hard to use on an iPhone, the scrolling isn't the easiest, however, it is useful to use on the go. recognising am-pm shifts or previously entered shift can also be an issue.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review and insight Derrick! We're always working on improving our app and adding more features for our users. We'll keep your comments in mind.

Tony Goodman

Superb for ease of use and access

Reviewed 2017-04-20

Adopted this to several businesses 4 years ago and have never looked back. Easy to use for me and my staff. Ideal for holiday planning and planning rotas in advance

Pros
Been using this since day one and have set it up for several different businesses, really easy to use and really efficient

Cons
Doesn't work well enough with i-devices which can be frustrating at times. If that was fixed it would all be brilliant

Response from Out Crowd Ltd

Thanks for the Review Tony!

Kevin Cahill

Very good system for managing staff shifts. Very easy to use.

Reviewed 2017-05-25

Knowing that everyone has access to the latest update schedule and that al staff know what times and which days they are due to work

Pros
It is very easy to use. New staff are up and running straight away. You can have changes updated straight away and everybody knows

Cons
It is expensive and an additional overhead for small businesses to have to pay. When using the mobile version , you have to switch over to the desktop version.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Kevin!

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Jan Pannell

We have used Findmyshift for several years and are very happy with it.

Reviewed 2017-10-18

Staff ease of access

Pros
Ability to access from home or tablet/phone which staff find really useful It is also good to be able to switch views depending on what information you are seeking.

Cons
The only really issues are those that occur with all software programmes, those unexplained glitches or anomalies that you have to contact support to sort out.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Jan! Great to hear you're finding the mobile access useful.

Peter Van Oeveren

Easy, effective, anywhere!

Reviewed 2017-03-08

I love this application. My staff love it, and it's very easy to use. If you want a cheap, easy, and powerful solution for your business, then have a close look at Find My Shift. We have over 120 employees, over 2 businesses, and this application works well for us. We have been using Find My Shift for many years, and I think we will stick with it!

Pros
Ease of use, cost.

Cons
None.

Response from Out Crowd

Hi Peter! Thank you for your kind words and your loyalty! If you have any questions or suggestions, please let us know. We are happy to help!

Kalvin Beuerlein

a great tool to help keep our staff up to date and ready to work in an industry constantly changing

Reviewed 2017-06-30

No one misses shifts because they didn't get the last minute change. We no longer have over staffed shifts because someone didn't know their tour canceled.

Pros
I like that staff can see their schedule at any time from any device. We are a kayaking outfitter, so tours book and cancel all the time. Our staff need to see changes in their work schedule as soon as they are made.

Cons
I've downloaded the app for my iPhone, and to be honest, it's not very good. The menu disappears one second after you touch it so you can't navigate the app at all.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review, Kalvin! We are working to improve our app.

Amy Sass

Easy to Use scheduling software

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-11-29

This is beneficial in allowing employees to easily access their schedule on thier own time without having to contact the office, as well as easily update any changes to the schedule.

Pros
I appreciate the simplistic nature of the scheduling software. It allows you to easily manage the schedule of your employees, especially if headquarters is a satellite be office employees there are multiple offices.

Cons
The mobile app could use some updating as it is not easy to read. The only other negative is this is essentially a straight scheduling software. If you want to use it to manage client portfolios which overlap with employees schedules as is used in non- medical home care companies, this is not a holistic software to use.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Amy! You can use our facilities area to store information about your clients and assign those clients to your employees. For more information, contact our support team - we'd be happy to help!

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Chase Hallstrom

Solved our scheduling dilemma instantly!

Reviewed 2017-12-08

Easy Scheduling!

Pros
Ease of changing the schedule. Everyone can access at any point in time. FindMyShift crew worked with us on customizing our schedule.

Cons
Color chart misrepresents the colors. The copy and paste can sometimes be finicky. Other than that, it works perfect!

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Chase! If you get a minute, get in touch with our support team so we can find out more about the problem you're having with the colour selector.

Peter Dore-Smith

amazing, after 30 years of hospitality experience this is the best by far, everyone loves it

Reviewed 2017-10-04

Pros
ease of use, access for staff, costings, changes can be made easily, sending messages to staff about changes, help from support

Cons
pretty much everything is good, the only function I wish it ha=d was to be able to calculate holiday loading for zero hours contract employees

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Peter! Great to hear everyone's enjoying the product.

To calculate holiday loading for zero hour contracts try enter a % value in the holiday allowance column on the staff member's profile. The system will then allocate holiday to that staff member as a percentage of their hours worked.

Any questions, feel free to get in touch!

Adam Theis

Excellent company

Reviewed 2016-12-12

Years ago I did schedules in excel and it was a pain, then a created my own database which was also a pain. I figured there had to be something out there that did what I needed. I tried several products and finally stumbled on Findmyshift. I've now used it for 5 years and it has been great! When I've had issues, questions or recommendations they addressed them immediately. I am a very happy customer! Great product and excellent support!

Pros
Flexible

Cons
It's not free!

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for your review Adam!

Ian Howells

The perfect, simple to use tool for organising our staff

Reviewed 2020-02-26

We always used a paper system which is antiquated and didn't make it easy for changes. This just ticks all the boxes.

Pros
It's clear ease of use. It provides the perfect platform for organising all of our staff and easy to make changes

Cons
It would be nice to be able to setup custom formats for different activities we put the staff on, rather than customising each day manually.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Ian!

Gillian Vrdlovcova

Invaluable Resource

Reviewed 2020-01-16

Findmyshift is essential to the smooth running of a busy organisation which employs full time staff and has the support of many part-time volunteers also. Without it, we would struggle to operate efficiently, so it st very good value for money, saving time lost to muddles and missed shifts. I depend upon it to make sure everything runs smoothly at this busy visitor centre.

Pros
It is intuitive It is easy to use It is effective It is available to members of the group The colour coding is especially helpful

Cons
Nothing comes to mind but as the system was already in place it is hard for me to judge. Overall very satisfied with the features.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Gillian!

sally Thompson

Great Product

Reviewed 2019-07-11

I have used find my shift for many years now, I love the ease of it and how the staff can access it on their phones In our business shifts often have to be changed at short notice and this saves sending our countless emails The text message service is also a good way of letting staff know of changes

Pros
The ability to see the rotas easily and have instant updates in a clear view

Cons
the pricing policy of having to buy extensions

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Sally!

Rob Conway

Excellent product

Reviewed 2019-12-24

Excellent, I would highly recommend

Pros
Ease of use Simplicity Functional Well priced

Cons
Lack of some features such as averaging annual leave over last 12 weeks etc Lack of integration with other products such as payroll

Response from Findmyshift Ltd

Thanks for the review, Rob!