Atera

Ultimate All-In-One RMM Tool Suite for MSPs and IT Pros

visit website

Atera Reviews

Pros

The best feature has to be the pricing model. For Business running minimal personnel it is great for being able to start and grow your business.

Ted M.

It's a great and easy tool, just a few more features and will be perfect.

Tamer E.

And then quickly help the customer. We are very satisfied with the product and all the new additions to come.

Jaïd M.

Cons

Support was unable to explain, poor "documentation" No go.

Glen C.

I still find the patching and scripting tools to be a bit of a bother.

Robert D.

Kevin M.

Great RMM product

always friendly and supportive.

Pros

ATERA is easy to use, fast and very reliable platform for remote management and

Cons

There is nothing I dont like with ATERA, it supports antivirus and backup (via webroot and acronis)

Thank you for the kind words, Frank! Happy to be a long-term vendor and partner of yours!

Saved us 100,000 a year and revitalized our IT Dept

It has been a huge time-saving, money saving, frustration saving, extravaganza of awsomeness.

Pros

The connection to the computers in the field regardless of network (LTE,WIFI,Internal Lan, Guest) so long as you can get internet on the device it will work. (Sometimes when internet is not even available, specific circumstances). The product was found when our company was looking at Connectwise which quoted out 180,000 a year for all of our devices. Atera came in at 1 - 2 a month because of the shift away from how licensing typically destroys your budget. It allowed us to hire a helpdesk person with the savings. Not only that i got rid of my WSUS server and have been using Atera to give realistic reports about the current state of our systems without needing to spend hours going through data. This freed me up to do more of the security work that i have on a day to day basis.

Cons

Some features that could be improved would be the training for how to use it. ITs such an easy product to use you accidentally forget about a lot of the things you can do in mass. I caught our Helpdesk person installing a Symantec update device by device when he should have just rolled it out through MSI deployment to the group. Since it is so easy to connect, push a file, remote in and install, then report on the software/state of the machine after he figured it would be quick.

Hey Sean, we are so greatful for in-depth the review, and so happy to see the levels of success that Atera helped you reach! The reporting is something that we put plenty of work into, and luckily, this pays off, for both you as well as your clients. In regards to the trainings, we did release our Atera Academy program, which has plenty of materials, including text, videos, quizzes, and many more, in order to help you better understand our program and, why not, have a bit of fun with the gamification element. :) Here's to many more years of successful cooperation!

I love this tool.

The website responds very quickly. We can look after our customers even more efficiently.

Pros

Atera is an easy to use RMM tool. Due to the clarity, you can see immediately where there are problems and can therefore react quickly. This way you reach more satisfied customers.

Cons

The ticket system is not yet as we imagine it to be. It takes too long to work and view the time entries.

Quality has gone downhill

We have been with Atera since 2015. We have seen a lot of changes, most for the better. But at the start of 2019 everything has gone down hill. The site is slow, remote support (Splashtop) frequently goes down, and the lack of true support. What I mean by lack of true support is that they know they have a problem on their end, yet you get a canned response from them to flush your cookies and history. We are a IT company! We know a problem when we see one, and flushing our browsers is not going to fix the issues they are having. It is quite embarrassing when a customer calls you and you are unable to help them remotely because your systems don't work. Time to move to another RMM!

Pros

The price point for this product is excellent, if it worked properly.

Cons

Constant issues in the past few months. Cannot use remote frequently, it fails consistently since January 2019. Customer support is responsive in a canned response kind of way.

Hey James, thank you for the honest feedback. As we continued on growing, and expanding our customers list, our old infrastructure was seriously tested, which could have caused performance issues, especially during peak hours. However, since 2019, we have added a new method of pinging agents, a back-up method as well, we have revamped the splashtop reliability and integrations, and we added many more features. In regards to the support experience, since Atera is a browser-based app, browser resets/cleaning the cache can help in several situations. This will obviously not fix performance issues, but it is a common troubleshooting procedure. We invite you to test Atera out again, and see the improvements made since 2019 for yourself, both in reliability, as well as in features.

My Atera Experience

Overall experience with Atera has been a pleasurable and productive experience

Pros

I came from a MSP that used Connectwise and Automate, I find that Atera can accomplish most of the tasks that those two products plus Screenconnect could for a substantially less price. Features and price are a very important balance for a non-profit 1 man IT department. The fact that you can fully run with Atera for a full 30 days and the ease of setup on Servers, PC's and Mac's was very impressive.

Cons

Our integration was pretty straight forward. The knowledge base feature I would like to use but find the current documentation a little lacking. That's when I wish there was a a live support line to contact instead of via email.

Recommend to any IT admin or service company

Fantastic!

Pros

Easy to keep track of all customers and their equipment. The alerts is a major plus and the ability to break down certain customers to folders for locations is great. The integration with Splashtop and Teamviewer is a big deal also. Pushing scripts remotely, installing software remotely and the automation of patch management is incredible and invaluable to my job. My favorite thing though has to be the dedication the Atera team shows this product as it is being constantly improved and added to which my previous product did not.

Cons

Honestly I have not dug into every part of the software because I just have no need to use every single feature. The worst thing I would say is probably the file size limitation when moving files via Manage > File Transfer

Thank you for the review Jake, and for the nice words! Our team is constantly working on the product, and seeing our customers and partners notice our work, and make good use of our features is what is driving us forward. If you are interested in finding out more about Atera, feel free to use our fresh Atera Academy module, which will showcase features and ways of optimizing your workflow in fun and interactive ways, including quizzes!

Great option for MSP's

I love the product. I am so happy I found it in my searching for an RMM. I was using a home grown solution that was clunky and I didn't really have time to build out. This has what I need, and the cost is far better then other solutions!

Pros

It is very easy to use, does what you need it to, and helps automate a lot of headache tedious things for most MSPs.

Cons

Its a growing product, so really the only thing I have a slight issue with is the email. If I could just have it hook into my email account instead of a forward to the created account it would be easier to deal with.

We are so happy to hear that Atera saved you the time and money, Brandon! We will share your email feedback with the product team, and discuss how we can better integrate with email vendors. Here's to many more years of success!

Does almost everything we need.

Over all I'm really happy with Atera it meets many of our needs and does almost all that we need it too. Also their support has been top notch.

Pros

Atera offers us a solid foundation for running our MSP business. Atera makes it simple to support our customers with a interface that is easy to manage and use.

Cons

The business management side could use some work so that we could more easily manage all of our customers products and cost in a single location.

Makes my life easy!

Extremely positive. Their support is excellent and they are very willing to listen to feedback.

Pros

For us it is all about problem alerting and remote management both of which work extremely well for us. I also use (lightly) the patching tools.

Cons

I still find the patching and scripting tools to be a bit of a bother. My biggest complaint is the patching tool that does scheduling does not seem to pick up machines "after the fact" if they are not online when the schedule fires. The tool itself works well, it is the scheduler that seems to have issues.

Chose this solution over alot of others

Very good company to deal with! Fast response times as well as great customer support!

Pros

The fact that help desk tickets and monitoring were all in the same package as well as AV

Cons

It does not have Anti Virus reports built in directly with the portal.

Great value. The features and functions continue to grow and get better all the time.

Extremely happy. I have sent several feature requests. Support team responds very quickly even if I just have a quick question. Very clean interface. I don't like cluttered screens and this one has just enough info to not be overwhelming.

Pros

Deployment is very using using Group Policy and provided MSI. You can create a custom MSI for each client. Alerts are immediate. Remote access is extremely fast and reliable. Customized branding looks great!. Create your own Power Shell scripts and schedule or launch when needed. Saves a tonne of time. Monitor SNMP devices and Network devices. Glad I no longer have to host this my self. It's nice to have this service in the cloud.

Cons

Reports need improving. Very limited. I'd like the ability to cherry pick what I want in the report. Example: Computer Name, CPU, RAM, HDD or SSD, OS ver, Date Last Seen. Although I can export a report that contains this info, it also contains all other info that needs to be trimmed down in Excel. Reporting should be a quick process.

Great value for money

Just one word: great. I arrive in the morning, I go in the global devices seen and I immediately have the day organized. Just seconds. Alarms are in real time nd highly configurable. Thank you.

Pros

Simple, I love the way I can have everything at a look; RMM with small customers is critical for us. The way we can check, manage remotely machines (desktop but also scripts and commands) is all we really need. Integration is good also. And, the live chat is something great. We had Solarwinds RMM for many time. Yes, the product is more comprehensive and granular, but it's really too much for us and the cost is.... well, not sustainable.

Cons

At a first glance the seen is more similar to a videogame than to a professional product, but it's functional enough. It's the worst aspect of this wonderful software, but also the only one not completely convincing. I think that a more functional seen option should have offered to customers.

Cost effective product

Better than our old RMM specially with cost and features that is offered.

Pros

First most thing I like is easy to access all the features without any complicated menus. Deploying the agent using command line options helps me to rollout for mass deployment. The splashtop is fast and easy to connect that also gives you the messaging option on the top instead of going through manage> chat. Connecting to remote is faster than the other RMM we used before. Their chat support is instant, i never had to wait for more than a min anytime i try to contact support

Cons

Lot of times the chat from the manage option will not work. I would like to have the feature of searching by custom field we create or to generate reports using custom field.

Bhasker, thank you for the detailed review, and we are glad to see you enjoying so many of our features! Custom fields can be used in a search from either the devices or the tickets view, and we have recently made it possible to display/export custom fields using the API, which has been a requested feature for a while. This should save you some time in optimizing your workflow and finding out what you need faster.

The best software for an SMB MSP

Overall this is an outstanding product. It has radical pricing, and integrates so easily with the rest of my business. With it's lightweight tools, I can run everything from a tablet even. New features are being brought out all the time, that I can choose to incorporate or not, and with the branding options, my customers see MY logo and my menu items. There is no better product on the market.

Pros

I run a small MSP focused on providing IT services to small (<50 employees) businesses. I have tried many software packages over the 15 years I have been in business, and all of them suffered from the same weakness. Ease of use/learning curve. They may have had some great features, but I would never get to use them because they were lost in a sea of confusion. The interface for Atera is clean, simple, and effective. You can do everything you need to without having to dig for it. If I have to search for a feature, I am not going to remember that it is even there to use, and with Atera, it is all laid out so well that it is intuitive. You open your account, setup your clients, and away you go. Nothing else even comes close to comparing

Cons

The only part that is clumsy in my opinion is the patching. Rather than approving patches, you exclude patches. Back when most of my users had windows 7 this was more of an issue, as I tended towards rolling out ones I knew had no issues, rather than selectively declining. The list of patches you are excluding becomes tediously long and difficult to manage, but with Windows 10, you can only put off patches so long before they are just going to be forced, so in reality patching, where it used to be a major part of our service, is now more of an afterthought.

Great option for small MSP looking for a simple, affordable solution

We're a small MSP with 3 techs. Labtech/Connectwise is WAY overkill. We miss a few features but honestly it hasn't been enough of a hindrance to regret our decision. Cost savings is worth whatever bells and whistles we lost. Can it be better? Sure. But that's why it's great knowing the dev team is constantly releasing new features and improvements.

Pros

Great option for small MSP looking for a simple, affordable solution Simplicity. It felt a bit barebones at first coming from Labtech, but it refocused us on the important things and not get scatter brained. We took on the attitude of "if Altaro doesn't have it, you don't need it". It's been two years and we honestly haven't looked back. It's also great having a flat fee per tech instead of per agent fee. It's a relief when deploying agents since It doesn't feel like I'm incurring additional overhead each time I add an agent. I also appreciate their agile feature releases. It gives me the feeling that the team is not sitting still and always earning my dollar.

Cons

The reporting is a bit weak. I'm used to being able to hook into the database and generate custom reports coming from Connectwise. I used to have a Excel pivot table pulling data directly from Connectwise and it was data nerd heaven. While API is available, it doesn't supply the same volume of information that the built-in reports offer. I submitted a feature request to simply expose the reports...

Highly recommend Atera

Customers are happy that I can quickly and easily remotely connect to their computers and resolve issues. Generating reports for customers is very valuable as it shows what my customers are getting for the price they pay for my services. Having customers simply send an email for support tickets has greatly reduced call volume and made things less stressful.

Pros

Atera is very much interested in what their customers think and request for suggestions or improvements. Atera is affordable because they charge per technician instead of per end point. The Atera interface is fast and not bogged down with so many features that it makes it confusing and time consuming. I really like that the main features of support tickets, Alerts, and Reports are easy to get to...

Cons

Not much to dislike about Atera. I would like to see the Alerts to be improved upon by making them not alert me every time a computer has a small spike in CPU and/or memory usage as well as temperatures. I would also like to see the Atera website more compatible with the new Microsoft Edge browser that is being released in January of 2020. Currently the support tickets' information details appear as narrow paragraphs. Currently there is no mobile app to get notifications of new support tickets and to access and edit current support tickets.

Good foundation, but the ticketing and reporting needs to mature

Overall the Monitoring and Alerts work great and that's all we have fully implemented. The patch management and the remote management features do a great job. Hopefully the ticketing and reports will improve and we can start using them. For us, the parts we use are worth the price, but hopefully we can implement the other features. We haven't tested their integration with Webroot, since we had already standardized on Bitdefender. We also haven't tested their integrated backup solution since we have been using another product. We will be testing the backup to see how it performs, but cannot find any real reviews on it which has scared us away from it for now.

Pros

The monitoring part of Atera is great. It allows a lot of customization, snmp monitoring and per-customer settings. Setting custom thresholds is easy. The dashboard gives exactly what we need to monitor all our customers systems at a glance. The ability to create a custom installer for each client saves a lot of time populating all the devices to the correct client. The per technician pricing with unlimited devices was a big pro over the competition. The patch management does a good job overall and being able to powershell into a computer to restart services and run commands without interrupting a user helps a lot.

Cons

Reporting and ticketing definitely needs to mature. Reporting is very basic with almost no customization. You can create custom fields for devices, but there is no way to show them on any report. The ticketing is a very cumbersome process. Starting a ticket is easy, but if you try to edit one after the fact it forces you to create a new time entry email (yes email), that you must delete if you...

Hello, Joseph! Thank you for the long and in-depth review, we really appreciate the time and thought people like you put into helping us develop our product! Our Customer Success team will reach out to you, in order for us to better understand which features regarding reports and ticketing need improving, besides the comment implementation. Are there any specific reports that you would like to...

Atera Review

Atera allows us to have a Help Desk system, remote login capabilities, and inventory management all in one.

Pros

The amount of features for the price is hard to compete with.

Cons

The user interface isn't as simple and elegant as other more expensive alternatives. Searching for devices based on serial number still hasn't been implemented.

My experience with Atera has been pretty positive. Atera has become essential in our workplace.

Pros

What I like about Atera is it's user friendly GUI, simplicity and overall performance. Atera has plenty of features, especially at it's price point. Unlike other RMM's, Atera offers a base price, with an unlimited amount of devices. This is a huge pro, as it allows us to test certain things on specific devices before rolling everything out, without being charged a "per device" fee. It's also nice...

Cons

The only real con I have for Atera, is that it currently does not support the ability for a customer login account. This is kind of a downer for us, as some of our customers like to login to view their site/network (of course with limited access). To be able to do this currently requires the use of multiple technician licenses, which can get Very costly if multiple techs at multiple clients want to have access. That aside, the only other downside is that there's currently no integration with Bitdefender nor Cloudberry.

Atera, the one stop, low cost, go to, for all your IT Managed Services needs

When we started our IT Managed Services business, we had gone with another vendor for PSA, RMM, and Remote Support. After spending thousands of dollars and wasting untold hours doing configurations, we thought that there had to be a better way. That is when we found Atera! I only wish we would have found Atera sooner because we would have saved so much time and money. It is clear that Atera was...

Pros

Low cost of entry and low monthly cost No cost for per agent VERY easy setup VERY easy to use

Cons

Not as feature rich as some of the pricier competitors, but since moving to Microsoft Azure, they have been adding new features left and right!

Thanks so much Steven! We truly appreciate your great feedback and are happy to say that we are continuing to make daily updates to make your experience even better!

Ater is great

Atera have improve they product a lot, and continue doing that on daily basis.

Pros

Stability, Atera just work great without any issues

Cons

Not sure if missing, but I would like more option for a payments and management for my employee like access to KB and creation

Great Platform for MSPs

Pros

Atera has been great and my company has been through most all of the big name PSA/RMM combos. It was easy to setup, easy to use on a daily basis, and they are continuing to add features it seems weekly. Lastly, the cost compared to the other guys is so low, I thought there had to be a catch...but there is no catch!

Cons

There are some automation options for ticketing and RMM that aren't available yet.

Best automation and RDP to connect

Happy to work remotely to jump on any OS machine.

Pros

Best in remote access to connect any time and this is very easy for IT admin to jump on. Always BEST CUSTOMER SUPPORT to take owner ship.

Cons

1. More integration and need more Knowledge base documents

Excellent value all around

This is the best value I have been able to find with all the RMMs, with all the features I need and many I dont, that i have been able to find at a good price point for any company size. I dont know that I could ask for more, very satisfied with this service.

Pros

I love the amount of easy organization, the full functionality for device agent software, reporting, alerts, and overall ease of use that sits at the point of not being overblown and too much to work with.

Cons

I have yet to find something I do not like, but I wish there was more granular control per agent on being able to select what is reported on for alerts.

Most options available for a small MSP

Overall we love ATERA, we use it daily to perform several tasks, monitor our client's entire networks and PC's we are then able to suggest improvements and stay on top of our client's needs.

Pros

Atera's Pricing model that includes most services and unlimited nodes for one price. The support is also excellent

Cons

Nothing to Dislike but Lack of Linux agent is killing us.