Usersnap Reviews

4.73/5 (33 reviews)

Grigory Graborenko

Great for UI/detailed feedback

Reviewed 2018-12-11

I'm using it to get fine-grained feedback on my forms, pages and layouts. It gets me from 80% to 100%.

Pros
The ability to markup screenshots is super useful, and makes visual feedback painless. Best way to polish an existing design.

Cons
It's less useful for specs or feedback that require major structural changes to a page/layout. Also, the ticket filter system can get a little messy if you're not careful, but I suppose that's more on the user than the product - you give us an open-ended system, it's up to us to keep it organized.

Jessica Prochniak

Usersnap smoothed out bumps in our QA process

Reviewed 2019-11-11

The usersnap customer service team has been great, I've implemented use of it at two agencies now and it's one of the few pieces of software that run without a hitch.

Pros
I love how easy it is for our clients to use- virtually no orientation needed.

Cons
Convincing clients to sign into yet another platform to review their feedback is a stretch, but we've solved that with their integrations now. (Jira)

Alexis Dorn

Great tool for customer support teams that has a lot of potential

Reviewed 2018-11-22

Overall, Usersnap has been a great tool to help us provide our customers with better support, but I wish it did more.

Pros
Their idea is simple and effective - it's a great way to get a quick snapshot from users to help troubleshoot issues or get feedback when working with users who may not be technologically-capable enough to know how to take a screenshot. Usersnap was a life saver for our company and helped us up our Customer Support game significantly. The interface is simple enough to figure out, and its integration with Intercom was perfect for our needs. The customization options to black out data was essential to for our HIPAA-compliant customers, and the attache JS console is perfect for quick debugging.

Cons
It seems like the tool has a lot of potential, but essentially it just does one thing: lets users take screenshots. (I know they have since introduced their CX product for customer satisfaction surveying, but we never upgraded to this option). Some things I found that would make this better was: the ability to take full-page screenshots, or a co-browsing/screensharing feature, or have a more robust interface for us to be able to organize and categorize our screenshots better. It was useful for us at one point, but then we decided to switch over to a co-browsing tool instead because screenshots just weren't allowing us to provide the support we wanted.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Brittany Martel

Usersnap was Critical to our Internal and External UAT

Reviewed 2019-12-11

Pros
Usersnap gave us the ability to easily obtain user input, both from our internal audiences and external. The screen capture functionality is very powerful for understanding the feedback and making it actionable.

Cons
Sometimes the notes or arrows added to a screengrab are not in the exact position the user placed them at. This can cause confusion for the reviewer of the screen.

Maria Duque

An easy to use product with great results

Reviewed 2019-11-18

We loved the easy to use interface, and the project visibility it gave us

Pros
This product helped us streamline our internal QA and UAT processes as it allowed users of all kinds of backgrounds to provide feedback on web development. We often struggle with client's resistance to use platforms for feedback, but as usersnap integrates to the staging website for review, our clients can send feedback as they encounter issues, and we benefit from knowing exactly where the issue was found. + it allows the project managers to see the progress on tickets and it is extremely simple for the developers to categorize them.

Cons
It has been great in general! The only parts that we could use a different feature, would be to show broken linked objects, such as a button' connection to annother page

Marc Avila

Cant live without it

Reviewed 2019-05-21

Pros
Easy to use for both clients and internal staff. Makes the review and feedback process waaaaaay simpler.

Cons
I wish there was a client facing interface. That is the only complaint that we receive from clients is that they want to see all the snaps they have submitted and be able to interact with/manage them.

David Annis

An incredibly easy and useful tool for Customer Feedback

Reviewed 2019-11-25

We really get a lot of value from this tool and have improved our overall customer success workflow. Our customers love the interaction and quick replies as well.

Pros
I really appreciate the integrations with Slack and JIRA. Usersnap is very easy for our customers to leave feedback and using the slack integration we get alerts when new feedback is submitted. Then using the JIRA integration we can easily generate tickets and track their progress. I also love that we can communicate directly with customers using email via the Usersnap page.

Cons
The email notifications could be better and include the comments from customers instead of requiring a click to Usersnap. Also, we haven't figured out how to get the screen capture function to work on Modal pop-ups/

Thomas Fellinger

Speed up

Reviewed 2019-10-28

Pros
The increase of quality of bug reports and change request leads to fewer development cycles.

Cons
The plans are not cheap as we needed the client error recording but do not need that many projects, etc... Maybe a custom configuration would be great, but probably we will just use it in more projects now ;-)

Michael Cignatta

Great Tool!

Reviewed 2019-11-22

Good, I've been using it for years.

Pros
Easy to use and the browser extension is very useful for allowing non-users to generate tickets

Cons
Ticket organization on larger projects could be improved. Using the tag filters to organize tickets isn't very intuitive for first time users, but very useful when you get the hang of it.

Raul Pulido

Great Tool

Reviewed 2019-11-21

We are using in our software development process. We use agile methodology and we require to do a continuous improvements and integrations. We use in all phases, Analysis an Design (Customer Review) Development and User Acceptance Test.

Pros
Simple, easy and really friendly. In one minute you can integrate with you website. I like how flexible and interconnecting it is. We can integrate with our DEVOPS environment and get the bugs and feedback immediately from our customers. Our quality process was increase using this amazing tool.

Cons
During the time that we are use it, I do not see any.

Eric McNulty

Awesome Tool for Bug Submission

Reviewed 2019-03-21

Pros
- Easy to use widget to embed on site. - Easy to customize who sees the widget so only employees can - Makes submitting bug reports as easy as 3 clicks. - Integrations with services like Zapier allows endless posiblities. - Tools for drawing and pointing out specific areas.

Cons
I really don't have many complaints about this tool. It's easy to use, the interface is nice and straight forward. I highly recommend this tool for any software companies who encourage bug reports from employees.

Michael Rock

Great Product In the Right Circumstances

Reviewed 2019-05-16

Great. It does what it claims to do. I see a huge value in using it for website reviews during the design and development process; even more so than for ongoing feedback from website visitors.

Pros
Usersnap gives your customers and easy way to give you feedback about your website. It can be hard to explain via email your feedback about a visual thing such as a website. Usersnap allows someone to give us visual feedback.

Cons
Usersnap itself is great. The biggest downside is that customers don't always use it for the purpose intended.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Rachel Panush

Super Easy To Use, Facilitates QA Process

Reviewed 2018-12-10

It has improved our process immensely.

Pros
I'm a technical project manager, not a developer and I love using it. It's really faciliated our QA process. It integrates seamlessly with all of the major project management tools and works well with teams. If I ever have an issue and need to contact support, they are very responsive and helpful.

Cons
There have been a few hiccups or features I wanted, but they seem to add the features and fix the hiccups.

Anonymous

Great tool - saves a ton of time and hassle during development

Reviewed 2019-05-16

Pros
Bug reports contain everything in one spot. Browser version, used web software version, JavaScript errors and of course: the screenshot of the situation with annotations.

Cons
The internal bug dashboard is quite limited in comparison with a full fledged bug tracker like JIRA. The integration to send the reports to JIRA however works quite well and there is even a link to and from the JIRA ticket.

Anand Shah

Usersnap for Beta testing

Reviewed 2018-12-11

Pros
On the spot feedback capturing system which is easy to use and capture many required information for technical team to analyze and troubleshoot faster.

Cons
Basic version do not have reporting feature included. More info can be captured via browser inspect element and other areas which can be useful to technical team.

Anonymous

Usersnap is a tidy option for QA & UX reporting on websites but lacks features & competitive pricing

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2019-03-29

I've trialed Usersnap two times now to consider it for use with our team, first within the full Usersnap reporting and reviewing ecosystem, and later as a reporting tool for Jira. The tool seems neat for basic purposes, but is fairly limited and pricey for large teams working on multiple projects.

Pros
I appreciated the tidy little on screen reporting widget that Usersnap Classic offers. The annotation tools, and label syncing with Jira is great.

Cons
When reporting issues or suggestions, the uploading of screenshots is slower than you'd like for power users. The Usersnap classic widget is neat, but the options for adjusting it to suit your projects are limited. You'll also find yourself limited when it comes to pricing and projects. The basic plans are fairly pricey and limited to running just a few projects at a time. This might be suitable for teams working on one or two in house websites, but doesn't work for web agencies with lots of clients.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Edison Cuevass

Integration with TFS on-premise

Reviewed 2019-05-16

We have scrum teams getting feedback from our System support team.

Pros
As far as I know usersnap just can be integrated with Team Foundation Online services, I would like to connect usersnap with my on-premise Team foundation Server.

Cons
Not to have an integrated video recorder.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Bernhard Riegler

Give your users a voice

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-12-10

Usersnap brings users and developers together by removing the language barrier. Reporting a issue right from the users browser with visual clues and stack trace is a game changer. We also like to use Usersnap heavily in the quality assurance phase.

Pros
When I showed Usersnap to our content creators, they did know how to use it right away. Quality of reported issues is much higher. This enables the dev team to resolve issues faster. Integration in our toolchain (Gitlab, Slack, Jira) is flawless.

Cons
A free tier would be nice. Although I would find myself upgrading real soon, as constant improvements and customer support are very good.

Anonymous

Like usabilla but at a fraction of the cost

Reviewed 2019-12-09

This is a great tool, despite my gripes above. There are tools like Usabilla which will cost you a kidney to use, but usersnap offers users the ability to leave in-depth feedback about your website more than they could just do with a text box. It's great if you're dealing with bugs, as they simply write their problem and all of the browser details you need to reproduce it are included in the ticket. I've used this on a new project and use it to delegate issues to different people in different departments. User management is simplistic but perfect for small organisations or small product teams.

Pros
Powerful on-screen annotation functionality. Excellent customer service. Integration with Jira. Ease of labelling and delegating tasks to users. Recording of console for debugging. Browser details included in submission.

Cons
Clunky dashboard interface which ironically needs more UX work. Performs poorly in 'lighthouse' tests for web performance. Very limited widget customisation - limited form options.

Thomas Peham

Customer feedback, internal QA, NPS - Usersnap has it all.

Reviewed 2019-06-05

Usersnap helped us eliminate all the guesswork and provided us with customer insights that we haven't had before

Pros
The all-in-one approach. Usersnap can be used to collect internal feedback, do beta testing and QA, and last but not least lets us collect customer feedback. Everything in one place.

Cons
Nothing that's really top of my mind.

Thomas Peham

Awesome bug tracking & feedback tool!

Reviewed 2016-07-19

Great and easy-to-use bug tracking and feedback tool. It's super easy to install Usersnap on your website to collect user feedback and bug reports. The screenshot features is the best thing I've seen so far!

Pros
super simple setup user-friendly experience

Cons
none

Chetna Chotrani

Innovative idea

Reviewed 2019-07-18

Pros
Personally speaking I had no idea that something like this do exist. It is super cool for the internal teams as well as for the customers. I am convincing my entire company to start using this. I liked the way it can be integrated with every other tool

Cons
It doesn't have a proper demo, may be an integration with Jira demo can be added

Alex Tabar

Finally, Usersnap is what I was looking for!

Reviewed 2019-07-30

At Yucalab Digital Media, we create, localize, and translate a lot of content from English to Spanish for our clients. After looking for an app/software, to make annotations on a screenshot, to review mostly websites, I finally found Usersnap. When I started my search, I thought there were a lot of similar tools that could do this work, but surprisingly, I found just a few. And let me tell you, most of them were pretty BAD. For me, finding Usersnap was a miracle, and it has already become an essential tool for the work that I'm doing.

Pros
Easy to use. Easy installation. User-friendly. Easy for non-tech-savvy users. The Chrome Extension works great. My clients already love it, and it's making my work easier!

Cons
None, so far. Maybe I would add video recording to a future version.

Tamir Israely

Great usability and inviting customer feedback widget

Reviewed 2019-05-23

I have tested a few customer feedback platforms and so far Usersnap came on top. Great job!

Pros
- Extremely easy to use - Attractive customer feedback widget with a higher conversion rate - Great value for money - The support is to notch

Cons
- Lack of customer feedback forms but I was told it's coming up soon so i an looking forward to it :)

Vesna Radinovic

Reviewed 2018-12-06

Pros
Very simple to use - the options for how to access mark up tools, tag management, assignments are simple, love that i get an email notification, project boards, user interface is very easy to follow

Cons
Can't edit a screen unless you replace it with a screen capture completely as a manual upload.