AdRoll Logo

4.0

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.69/10

Reviews by rating

Easy to set up, they also have great customer service if you have any questions. I would recommend this to anyone who has a site and is trying to retarget to visitors on their site.
The support team is good too. Great retargeting solution with a wide reach.
This tool is incredibly easy to use and to set up for anyone. I have recommended this software to many small ecommerce stores who have used it successfully.
There were strange bugs that were very frustrating to deal with.
This has made it difficult to keep a large account running smoothly. As a result, we've had our share of the ads running at the wrong time ... even an other advertiser's ads running in our account.

Mithil P.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

AdRoll lets you retarget your users in the easiest way

IT has been great due to the simple features and use. No technical or training required.

Pros

There is no complexity with this product. Right from reporting to customer service.

Cons

It does not capture the lead information. API integration is difficult too.

Carlos Eduardo D.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Adroll is the gateway to advertising campaigns

Adroll has always been our window to ad campaigns and data analysis synchronizing with Facebook and the ads we manage within the platform within our marketing department. Adroll shows us an extremely useful data collection and also the use of several features that allowed us to track the tasks of some clients. It allows us to see the different points of contact through which we can provide the client with immediate and direct help.

Pros

Adroll allowed us to create campaigns and ads in record time. It provided us with a success manager to provide the client with unique recommendations and clear and accurate information. We have been able to retarget customers through Adroll's tools by attaching them to certain points of contact through our Lead and website. Adroll also shows us the option of bulk loading, further optimizing the ads...

Cons

Sometimes the data takes a little longer to update and you have to be very vigilant. Stores a lot of cookies, which has limited us to using Adroll on unknown windows or specific users where we have to clear the cache very often. Adroll should also include time frames in the display windows for clients.

Michael B.

Online Media, self-employed

Third Party Remarketing, is it Necessary in 2019?

I'd recommend AdRoll to new folks, but the added fees when you could use first-party are the main problem here. First party Remarketing in FB, AdWords and the like has come a long way and is easier than ever to implement yourself. For those who are more intermediate to advanced, stick to the first-party solutions.

Pros

Adroll has been a early player in the Remarketing Space and for some time, was one of the few choices for FB Remarketing. Since then the marketplace has expanded quite a bit, to introduce many new players. But the real question remains: Is third party remarketing even necessary in today's day and age? Assuming you're making your first foray into the world of remarketing, AdRoll is a great choice for companies who don't have the ability to develop their own creative. AdRoll's design team is competent, and it's a free perk with your account. ROI from AdRoll tends to be good, assuming your tracking is set up correctly. Customer support is quick and attentive. One of their major selling points.

Cons

Their UI is dated, and slow. Reporting leaves a lot to be desired in terms of custom reporting on placements, and even more detailed reporting generally. While implentation is easy, it's also easy to set up incorrectly if you're new to attribution and Remarketing. This can lead to some pains down the road with clients / your business.

Jaron H.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Quite straightforward, very little tech background needed, but not always best for small website.

Pros

Adroll makes it super easy to jump into retargeting ads with little to no previous experience. I had never run retargeting ads before, and the platform makes it pretty easy to get started by guiding you through the process. They also have pretty great support that will help you along the way to get your ads live. I am fortunate to have a graphic design background, so it's pretty easy for me to design and upload my own high quality banner ads. I believe that they will help you too if you do not have that skill.

Cons

There is a minimum ad spend. This doesn't seem like it would be a big deal, but let me explain why it's unfortunate for me. I own a local service business. We only service people in our geographical area. Because of this, I don't have a ton of web traffic compared to an ecommerce website, blog, marketplace, SaaS, etc. I only receive traffic from people in my 50 mile radius. With a minimum ad spend per day, this means that my small amount of local web traffic just gets bombarded by a lot of retargeting ads. Basically, the minimum budget is divided by a small number of website visitors. If I had larger traffic, it wouldn't be a big deal. I wish that I could have a lower budget with my small amount of local traffic.

Brian W.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Very nice looking - but double check your numbers

Overall - I enjoy the interface from AdRoll and find it really easy to get campaigns out and running. One just needs to make sure their numbers are accurate so utilizing another source for attribution is important.

Pros

AdRoll has a very nice looking interface that is pretty easy to deal with. One of the things I like is how easy it is to put a campaign together and get it running. It is very easy to get a quick glimpse of your numbers and see how you are currently doing....

Cons

However, the buyer does need to beware in how attribution is counted for AdRoll. AdRoll, like most companies, tries to make their numbers look better than they really are. There are different columns for click-attributed revenue and another one for view-attributed revenue. I am sorry - view-attributed revenue is not a direct click to my site and should not factor into how well your ROAS is working out.

SM

Steve M.

Furniture, 1-10 employees

Adroll is not any good

The overall working with them on the first year was ok, however when it comes to asking for help on the numbers and them working with you . No way. they keep telling you that they will help but never deliver on their promis

Pros

The ability to schedule adds to go out on timely manner, however this is not that easy using the protram.

Cons

The customer service answer your questions, however if you have an issue, they will keep giving you the run around from supervisor to supervisor.

GH

Greg H.

Environmental Services, 201-500 employees

AdRoll Requires Optimization to work

Good for a quick test to see the effectiveness of simple re-marketing campaign without a lot of set-up work. However one needs to be careful regarding the ad networks they have access to and make sure you have a good value proposition for your ads that will be displayed.

Pros

the campaign management tools were easy to understand and to use. it was relatively easy to set up and run multiple retargeting campaigns with AdRoll.

Cons

The 'out of the box' ads were not effective for us. This is where you really need to get into the product and create better ad units that will be displayed to the end user. Also the default ROI, ROAS settings were in AdRoll's favor. You need to look at the True ROAS rather than AdRoll's default ROAS to understand if the product is working for you, or not.

Shaun F.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Hit or miss, but a platform worth testing

I have used Adroll for a number of different clients, and like my title says the results are very hit or miss. As a branding tool I think Adroll can be very powerful and the fact they measure view-through conversions is a nice feature but most of my clients aren't interested in that metric. With all that being said we have a number of ecommerce clients that are seeing great ROAS from the platform. I believe this is due to their unique dynamic banners.

Pros

I like Adrolls dynamic display banners that they can create. They also offer support to produce display banners for advertisers who might not have the resources to do it themselves.

Cons

I find their interface a little challenging to use and optimize. Updating UTM parameters can be challenging and a bit time consuming.

Louise A.

Good re targeting software with lots of help!

The ability to reach new audience through retargeting ads!

Pros

I love the customer service. It's really easy to get in touch with someone and have them walk you through the campaign. Throughout the year, we always had people that would call us up and help us make decisions for our campaigns. It's also really cost-effective which has been great for our smaller clients.

Cons

The set up process does seem a little simple. You can't really get down to the nitty gritty targeting, especially with Facebook. For that reason, we've moved some of our clients out and just set up retargeting through Facebook - now that that's possible.

RP

Rodrigo P.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

AdRoll helps me retarget website visitors for better conversions.

Pros

Easy to create and manage retargeting campaigns, good reporting features.

Cons

Can be expensive for smaller businesses, learning curve for beginners.

SE

Sarah E. B.

Defense & Space, 501-1,000 employees

Adroll, a tool that guarantees overcrowding

Adroll is presented as a tool focused on capturing potential customers through very precise means such as the evaluation of their tastes and behavior to be more precise when inferring what their needs are and, consequently, what products could arrive to be of your interest. That fact is vital for a company because it can provide exponential growth. Adroll as a platform has a wide scope to integrate...

Pros

Adroll can offer the user clear benefits, such as precise segmentation of the population studied as potential customers through its location, behavior and the type of population that seeks to impact the company. Adroll can generate a recommendation engine as well as customize when making new searches for potential clients, generating a resegmentation. The platform of Adroll is an ambitious investment recommended by companies that wish to generate an impact with their campaigns in a massified manner. Adroll is used by important companies worldwide which is sufficient guarantee of its effectiveness and commitment to the growth of the investments of the users. Using the platform is a sure bet towards business success.

Cons

The most important limitations of the platform are the following: it does not work with drip campaigns, it does not evaluate potential clients individually, it does not generate sales intelligence, it does not carry out exhaustive monitoring of visitors to the business website, it grows from the pages service e landing and completion of forms via the web, search marketing options are limited.

Furniture, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Clunky advertising platform with lackluster customer support and noticeable lack of features.

While we used it, we were able to re-target our site visitors. In the long run though, we weren't able to determine how much of an ROI we were getting (we are brick and mortar primarily, so attribution is difficult).

Pros

What I liked most about AdRoll was that it is self-service. However, that is a double-edged sword (more on that in a minute). It also has no spend commitments or contracts. It seems like if you have a lot of time, you could get decent CPMs and conversion rates. They have also expanded their offerings to Native and Email retargeting, although I only used the display retargeting portion while I used it so I can't speak to those. There are probably a lot of people that use AdRoll and are happy with the results. However, I'm a sort of swiss-army knife digital marketer for a small business and I don't have time to constantly design, upload, monitor and tweak dozens of ads myself. So for us, it just wasn't a good fit. Now for the reasons why.

Cons

We recently discontinued using AdRoll because of several frustrations with the platform. The customer support used to be really good, until they implemented more self-service functionality. Now, talking to someone to get help is much more difficult, and the quality of service I received was very mediocre. If you want creative services, you still have to use their "request" tool, which is clunky and...

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Brings good results. Not so easy to use but you soon get a hold of it.

Adroll provides an easy way to create and monitor your retargeting campaigns, so your website visitors get tagged with a cookie and start seeing your display ads all over other websites they visit. It's a great tool to get new customers, by pulling them further into the decision-making process making sure your brand is always on their minds.

Pros

The whole concept of retargeting is great and Adroll is one of the best platforms for it. It does have a wide network of global websites for ads in English, and it also has some special tools like email targeting and Facebook ads.

Cons

Their customer support / account management is a little overwhelmed so we eventually have to wait a few days or about a week to get a problem solved (like banners not being tracked for clicks). They lack media space in countries where English is not the main language, so banners for specific markets take much longer to have the needed number of impressions (and some formats are not even published). I believe the cost is a little high, but I assume these prices are mostly linked to the campaign objective and optimization (clicks / conversions) and market prices for media.

GB

Gjenes B.

Medical Devices, 51-200 employees

Advertising made easy

Being able to take our assets and have them easily implemented onto adroll's platform for retargeting purposes. It's easy for our team to use and we appreciate the ability to track each set to stay afloat our advertising projects. I highly recommend for a team looking for a solid retargeting platform.

Pros

I really love the ability to work with our account rep and get help and insight on how our ads are functioning and can do even better the next set of tests. Its really easy in terms of uploading and tracking each ad set. Adroll recently added the ability to target new leads, rather than being a retargeting platofrm only which is great. We are able to retarget on Facebook/Instagram as well not just web. It's easy to use and we use this daily.

Cons

The platform can get a bit messy looking. There is a lot to look at sometimes and it looks cluttered to me. I appreciate the navigation tabs for different categories but I do wish it was a bit cleaner looking.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

More and more important to our company

With limited time during our day, AdRoll helps us to effectively automate large chunks of our marketing.

Pros

We use AdRoll for everything from our retargeting ad campaigns to email marketing. We've found it very effective and reasonably priced. The longer AdRoll has been installed on our site, the better it performs. And not a small thing to mention- their customer service and tech support are outstanding.

Cons

Not really a complaint, but there could be more extensive analytics/insight regarding the ad's reach and customer behavior on the site.

Mitchell C.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Had high hopes, but software is limited and much cheaper options exist.

Not impressed at all. I've found a handful of alternatives which are significantly cheaper. I invested about 10k into this platform, and came to the conclusion it's a total loss. I'm trying to make the most of it, and I asked for a partial refund, but they wouldn't entertain that at all. Just threw the book at me. I'd stay away from Adroll and look at more flexible options.

Pros

I originally liked how you can use BuiltWith to compile a targeted list, and then use their somewhat smart email system for cold outreach.

Cons

Where to begin: the option to find people is very limited. I have a very specific group I'm looking for, and I'd say about 95% of the results are irrelevant and not at all related to my search. Too much time is spent filtering the results, instead of actually emailing them. Furthermore, you're unable to manually add contacts. Only contacts retrieved from Adroll can be mailed to. I followed up with support on this and they confirmed this is true.

Kelly S.

Publishing, 1,001-5,000 employees

Good tool, but at mercy of account managers

Pros

Ability to create custom audiences based on site behavior or CRM lists is pretty robust. Custom attribution and credit settings are helpful to assess the true impact of your campaigns. Ad creative support is helpful when things get busy!

Cons

The AdRoll's tag allows some third-parties piggybacks, which you don't have any control or easy visibility into. This can be a security issue as you don't know what they are injecting on your site. Numerous changes in account management. Some better than others. This has made it difficult to keep a large account running smoothly. As a result, we've had our share of the ads running at the wrong time ... even an other advertiser's ads running in our account!

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Simple and effective retargeting and more

Pros

Easy to set up. The support team is good too. Great retargeting solution with a wide reach.

Cons

Campaign setup can be a little confusing, trying to apply creatives to campaigns, campaign to target list turn them on etc. I would like way to guide the yser

Retail, 10,001+ employees

A simpler method for remarketing and identifying similar audiences

Most of the time, when we retarget customers, we see phenomenal outcomes. Style- and reporting-wise, the advertising platform differs from Google and Facebook, but it's manageable once you get used to it.

Pros

I appreciate how simplified retargeting and lookalikes are. To prevent your return on investment from exploding and to target clients who are unlikely to convert, you might establish a cost-per-acquisition rate.

Cons

In terms of ad layouts and placements, running social media advertising through Adroll has significant disadvantages compared to doing so natively (through Facebook, for example).

Retail, 1-10 employees

good for remarketing

Pros

very easy to set up and lots of new features for marketing and reporting

Cons

the cost of all the automation is an ability to go very granular with targeting and having more control over results generally

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

A Great Place to Start for Retargeting

Easy retargeting ads.

Pros

It's dead simple to run ad retargeting. The entirely variable spend aspect f their model means that you can start small and grow. The marketo integration means that you can theoretically only target those who match a list in marketo, but we've found that the overlap between adroll tracking and marketo's means a very small list to target.

Cons

Can't target based on account (need their new product RollWorks for that). Wehn we target based on a list of individual email addresses (via Marketo sync), we aren't able to serve many ads (match rate too small?).

John H.

Inexpensive Remarketing

I enjoy using AdRoll for client remarketing. They will always be a part of my advertising stack.

Pros

AdRoll is an excellent up-and-coming ad server for primarily remarketing purposes. They're constantly adding new features that enable you to reach out to Facebook audiences and even Email audiences. The remarketing tools available with AdRoll are not matched by their competitors.

Cons

Some buggy aspects to the user interface and reporting features, and sometimes the results are not tracked well because of the attribution methods.

LT

Lisa T.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Decent but lacks quality leads

Great customer service and good platform

Pros

Easy to use and set up campaigns. Lacks quality leads and traffic.

Cons

Poor quality leads and generates more spam than good traffic.

CH

Chris H.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Adroll provides easy-to-use remarketing software.

Pros

Each to use features that allow our agency to quickly start and report on our remarketing campaigns. The data dashboard creates quick and detailed graphs for reporting. This saves us on service time and give us more time for execution and insights.

Cons

My experience has only been with the remarketing product. Within that offering, I haven't found anything that I feel creates a user barrier or makes things difficult on my end. The interface is extremely intuitive.

Natalie D.

Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Great Starter Retargeting Software

For a brand new to retargeting, as long as you are aware of the pros and cons, this is a decent software to dip your toe into the world of retargeting.

Pros

Easy to set up and implement. User friendly.

Cons

As with other retargeting software, it's difficult to control where your ads will show up, and what they look like when they do. This is a tough sell for premium brands who are very particular about their identity. Also, their reporting does not line up with Google Analytics, which is because they don't measure last click, their attribution window is MUCH larger. So just be aware of that when measuring performance.