Constant Contact Reviews

4.3

1.9K

How would you rate Constant Contact?

Pros

They were very responsive and did a great job helping me figure out the best way to use the software. The Event tool was nice and make event management through the list easy to do.

Kelly P.

The data reporting on opens/clicks/etc. Is incredibly helpful to track which emails gain a good response and which time of the week works best to send to our audiences.

CG

Cydnie G.

The program is easy to customize, There are plug and play templates as I like to call them. They look beautiful from the consumer side and are easy to understand from the creative side too.

AK

Alysha K.

Cons

Given the circumstances of the pandemic and not using the services to even log in during the last year, that was inconsiderate and unacceptable.

DS

Dawn S.

Very disappointing, frustrating, and countless email cammpaigns have been wasted due to Constant Contacts software rearranging and distoring the format of the original created email.

DS

Danielle S.

I was disappointed when the dropped the event portion of their program and integrated with Eventbrite.

Kali C.

1,974 reviews

Michael S.

Northeast Account Executive

Automotive, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great tool

Transcript

Michael S: Hi, my name is Michael. I'm an entrepreneur, I'm in the automotive industry, and I give Constant...

Helpful, but not overcomplicated

Transcript

Joseph H.: My name's Joseph. I am a sales rep for a marketing company, and I would give Constant Contact...

Great software and getting better

I appreciate how they make me feel as a customer and I would like to continue working with Constant Contact for the foreseeable future.

Pros

The software is approachable and fairly easy to use! I have always felt like Constant Contact is something that I look forward to using during my daily routine.

Cons

I have found that the integrations of new features are not always smooth for me to understand and fully optimize, but it's great to see them growing functionality.

Staying Productive with Constant Contact

Overall, the experience has been great. Shout out to their Customer Support team. They are responsive and extremely helpful in solving problems and tackling issues.

Pros

The ability to manage large and multiple email lists of customers and internal employees. Also, the rescheduling feature for emails is invaluable.

Cons

The software is bit wonky sometimes in Safari for Mac. Glitches include library graphics not loading, pages slow to load and other incompatibility issues. Switching to Chrome for Mac usually helps.

Could be better but simple to use

I like this tool but find myself wanting a more sophisticated email tool with more automation.

Pros

I liked how incredibly easy it is to create emails that can be sent out quickly. It truly is fast to create and send them.

Cons

Customization and automation are clunky. Customer service is hit or miss and can be slow to respond. I hate that we can't move the "Unsubscribe" button within our footer.

Constant Contact Helps Our Business Thrive!

Overall Constant Contacts is phenomenal! It has been the hub of our communications with our team, volunteers, and community. We use it for newsletters, drip campaigns, marketing, and more. People are always so impressed with how beautiful our emails are laid out. It is easy to learn and use. And overall has helped our business grow!

Pros

I love the beautiful layout options. The easy to use and design drag and drop. Ability to add your own images and videos. But most of all the analytics are amazing! They are comprehensive and allow me to download spreadsheets which is so helpful!

Cons

I wish there could be more contacts per pricing tier.

Really Great Marketing Software

Pros

I really like that it is easy to setup and has a lot of templates.

Cons

I don't like the fact that it can be a bit on the expensive side for startups

Slower to innovate than competition - not a bad price point for functionality

We outgrew the platform very quickly. We needed something that looked professional and was easier to use, and then eventually a professional tech-first platform like SendGrid.

Pros

Easy to get started particularly for those that are not tech saavy. The price point is not bad, especially among infrequent users, and does not get overly expensive with large lists like MailChimp can. Delivers basic functionality well and has recently started trying to add new features.

Cons

Constant Contact was one of the first e-mail marketing platforms out there, but they failed to innovate while many new entrants came into the market and had much more sophisticated platforms. They fall in a weird category now, they are not cheap to get started like MailChimp, but they lack the sophistication of SendGrid. I'm not sure if I would purchase them again.

Software that has many options, however, email campaigns are always at the forefront

Constant Contact does exactly what it is supposed to do and we need it to do---sending out good email campaigns easily. Afterward, it utilizes reporting to give us a lot of valuable information about our campaign. It is a simple, yet very robust, program that meets all of our organization's needs.

Pros

I really like the simplicity that Constant Contact has in order to use their product for its primary use---sending out email campaigns. You only have to hit the create button and it guides you through what campaign to use and then provides you with free templates (or upload your own) based on the type of campaign you have. There is a large variety of templates to choose from. Once you select one, you can then customize it to fit your branding. Next, it guides you with selecting recipients, when to send the email, sending a test email out, and much more. Simple, yet it gives you everything you need.

Cons

Although the simplicity of Constant Contact is what makes it attractive, it does have so many features now added to it, that it is a bit overwhelming. I know there are a few features I have seen that I would really like to utilize but I am not very good at reading about them. I feel a better reference section would be beneficial to Constant Contact--more video instruction would be ideal.

Constant Contact Makes Social Media Management Easy!

My experience has been exceptional with Constant Contact. I recommend it to other agents.

Pros

I like this software because I can do everything from social media management to email marketing, to list building with one product at a low price.

Cons

I can think of nothing that I would add to this software at this time.

Constant Contact

I personally use it for marketing purpose in which yes it has been a great help.

Pros

I use Constant Contact for couple of time in a week and specially for Mass email, with various individuals conveying explicit substance. Constant Contact handles this pretty well.

Cons

Its interface can be considered as old fashioned but it doesn't effect the job.

New features added regularly

One use is our internal newsletter and knowing which employees don’t open or read office announcements if very useful. Other features like polls and events helps the marketing and HR team collect information from employees easily and keep track in the same place.

Pros

Even basic tracking on the lower tier options can be very helpful to marketers/small businesses. Knowing what links are clicked, email opens, and rejections if far more than you’ll get with an old fashioned email.

Cons

Working in browser has some limitations and trouble if your computer or internet are slow. Would love more built in photo editing or cropping options.

Invaluable Tool for A Small Business or ANY Business

Constant Contact revolutionized the way we communicate with our clients to let them know what's coming up in our issues and how they can participate (our magazine is 100 percent supported by advertising) and our readers (each month we create an email "alert" with Constant Contact which lets our readership know that our free digital issue is now available online). My whole staff knows how to use it and it can be adapted to a great variety of communication purposes. Clients can download our rate kits from a Constant Contact email; readers can link to our issues from it. It has lowered our print bills for collateral materials immensely. No more printed flyers or brochures! And no more use of snail mail — clients can receive your Constant Contact mail immediately or at a pre-scheduled time.

Pros

Very easy to use. If you know how to upload an image or a graphic, you can create eye-catching emails or newsletter style communications very easily and modify or update them frequently and quickly. The analytics -- to see the percentage of recipients who opened your email and exactly which person did or didn't, the bounce rate which allows you to keep your lists current, and many other features are not only helpful but simple to use.

Cons

As time has gone on, the cost has increased, but it still saves us a great deal of money because our postage costs have gone way down. We hardly ever use our postage meter anymore for marketing mailings. It's all done through Constant Contact. They used to have a free desktop "widget" that allowed you to input an email address right from your desktop, but that has now been discontinued. It was extremely...

Ease of use for Small Shop

The team was great in getting us set up as non-profit with reduced pricing. Using their analytic tools for our website and social media has been an added benefit for us.

Pros

Constant Contact is easy to learn, use and gather reports. The functionality is great and helps eliminate duplicating work. We love the ability to drop in a you tube video, conduct surveys and gather RSVPs.

Cons

Only frustrating part is being signed out of account, but still being able to make changes. You don't know that your time has expired until you go to save the changes.

Fashionable and Functional. Your correspondence will

I do independent contracting for a nonprofit and have been using Constant Contact for about 4 years now for the electronic newsletters to our supporters and network. I love that the software and the many different template options to use for mailings. I also like that I am able to change fonts, color, backgrounds and layout with ease. It is VERY user friendly and if I need to stop in the middle of...

Pros

I do independent contracting for a nonprofit and have been using Constant Constant for about 4 years now for the electronic newsletters to our supporters and network. I love that the software and the many different template options to use for mailings. I also like that I am able to change fonts, color, backgrounds and layout with ease. It is VERY user friendly and if I need to stop in the middle of...

Cons

I don't like that the only videos that I can embed into the mailings have to be a Youtube link. But other than that, there isn't much that I do not like about using this software.

Constant Contact is an easy-to-use email marketing tool - a little pricey but worth the expense!

Overall a great product, easy to use, and functional. its minor limitations are countered by functionality, reliability, and the features it offers. The price is sometimes a turnoff when compared to other marketing email providers. CC offers easy to use templates that are almost fully customizable. Lots of extra features including campaigns, events, registrations, sign up forms etc. There are plenty of HELP menu items and tutorials. Love that there is no limit on the number of emails sent monthly. Overall a great go to product!

Pros

As an email marketing solution, CC fits most small to medium business owners needs with plenty of easy to edit templates, branded emails, newsletters, calendars, event apps, and website integrations. Additionally, business owners can set up events and registrations via the app. The templates are easy to use with varied options and designs. For more experienced handlers, HTML is available to set up templates. Emails offer clients and recipients the opportunity to opt out or stay tuned while landing the emails in their in box rather than their spam filters . Analytics are a plus and helpful to see what works and what doesn't in an email campaign. CC also integrates social media platforms. Overall it is a great all-in-one marketing tool.

Cons

While the software is generally easy to use, it is not intuitive and does on occasion produce glitchy results from missing images to random changes in text, font, and email structure. I do like the tiered pricing structure, although find CC to be far more expensive than their competitors. One of my biggest complaints is the placement of images - it doesn't really allow flexibility in design - if you are ok with their more cookie cutter template designs then its a 5 star - but the ability to place images becomes tedious and reduces the functionality. Overall the program is a go and worth the expense even if the image placement issues are annoying.

Bulk Email Marketing At Its Best

I like using Constant Contact and the experience has been good especially with bulk email sending.

Pros

1. Constant Contact makes it easy for me to send bulk email that goes straight to inbox and that what got me entangled with it. 2. I noticed a very rare feature that Constant Contact have that many other doesnt have. Constant Contact, allows me to collect donations from people. Many of the clients i have helped setup Constant Contact like the donation feature part so much too. 3. Constant Contact allows me create absolutely any kind of form that is needed for my list building.

Cons

Constant Contact doesnt have a free forever basic plan. Although they give first month free but I think they should have a plan for small businesses starting out who cannot afford their $20 a month.

Constant Contact review

Pros

Constant Contact excels in handling various groups/lists and large numbers of contacts. I've dealt with companies with a vast customer base, and Constant Contact enables you to manually eliminate subscribers and errors from more extensive groups/lists. They're coming out with a new edition of their email builders, but the existing one allows for individual CSS coding per block, which allows for a lot of customization.

Cons

Constant Contact has several oddities that I haven't encounter with Mailchimp, especially when using external connections for photographs and URLs. The email builder's text and link editing is a little strange and has a few flaws. Also, unless you make folders for all of your emails, the new search option for past emails is quite sluggish and takes a very long time to find.

Good platform for email campaigns

Pros

What I like most about this platform is the fact that I can classify the list of subscribers according to my needs. When sending email campaigns, I can select which group to target instead of sending it to all of my leads. Their analytics is very clear and easy to understand. They provide tips to improve campaigns and stats to measure your effectiveness on each campaign.

Cons

I wish this platform would have more innovative features to make more powerful campaigns. For example, adding videos or gifs. I usually design my campaigns on Canva and then add it in Constant Contact as an image because their designing tool is very limited. It will also be very useful if they would add a link for calls as they do to direct people to websites and emails.

Easy to use, great for contact management, but terrible customer service

The email analytics and reports are great.

Pros

I use CC to to manage our large contact database and to send out email updates. It is great for segmenting our list -- from general interest to communications to fundraising. The automated features are great, especially that it will not allow the same email to appear in the same inbox twice. It also merges duplicate contacts. We use it across the entire organization. Constant contact is great for merging duplicate contacts, updating your address book, giving a reliable open rate and thorough reports, and allowing you to segment large email lists.

Cons

When uploading additional contacts, CC wants to see how they actively subscribed. This can be problematic when uploading an older email list (i.e. you may just have a spreadsheet of The List and they want to see more evidence). Additionally, it is a little pricey compared to competitors such as MailChimp. It would be great to be able to export email campaigns as HTML.Be extremely careful when importing...

Don’t sleep on Constant Contact!!!!

We love Constant Contact! The decision to switch to CC last year was the best decision that we made all year! It’s made our lives so much easier and we are definitely reaching more people!

Pros

Ease of use Beautifully organized with list/ calendar views, folders, and list management attributes Automated social media and email scheduling Campaign management Landing pages Forms Lead Ads Reporting both original and resends in detail with drill downs so that you can see who exactly clicked!

Cons

There is some room for improvement in the ability to tag other pages in the social media posting section. When I post, I have to leave the site to find the social handles of the people/businesses that I’m trying to tag. If it could auto populate like it does in the social media sites that would be amazing! More lead ad options other than just Facebook. Integrate with AirTable!

We think of Constant Contact as one of our team members!

Always a great experience using Constant Contact ... and on the very rare occasion when I may have a question or concern, their Customer Support is excellent.

Pros

Constant Contact makes it super easy to stay in touch with our association members as well as to create various marketing campaigns.

Cons

The only negative I have is with pricing. While Constant Contact provides tremendous value, and offers fantastic savings for a subscription paid annually (which is a good thing) ... for us as a non-profit, it is easier budget-wise for us to pay monthly, so we are not able to take advantage of the bigger discount. It would be helpful if Constant Contact allowed those same savings to be applied for non-profits who pay monthly ... especially since we have been a long-time customer.

It keeps getting better!

Constant Contact is the standard for email marketing, and you can see why! It allows you to quickly upload your email contacts and create professional email marketing. We've been able to see how many people open each of our email campaigns, and which campaigns are most successful, making future marketing more targeted.

Pros

Love the ease of use - whether you want to send a quick email using a premade template, or customize every part of your message, Constant Contact gives you the tools. It's easy to find what you need, and you don't need to know anything about pixel size or the HTML color codes to create professional emails. Constant Contact just introduced A/B testing, so you can better gauge the headings and send times that get your audience to open the emails. Constant Contact is a very solid platform - I've yet to see any service outages, or experience any features that feel buggy, unstable, or like they're still in beta testing. If you have access to a feature on Constant Contact, you know that it will work.

Cons

It's difficult to manage old campaigns. Want to see what your message was last time, what template you used, or how long ago you sent an email to a particular group? Good luck - you'll be scrolling through pages of old campaigns by hand. At this time, you can't run reports to compare the percentage of opens/click-throughs per recipient group, or to compare how various keywords or send-times compare. To really analyze your marketing approach, you'll have to extract this data by hand. Some of the updates (i.e. A/B testing, custom template options) have been available to users of free competitor services for years. It would be nice to see Constant Contact take a more proactive approach to innovation and updates.

Review for Constant Contact

Constant Contact has been a wonderful marketing tool and I have seen results. I love the ability to see who has opened my emails in real time, as I can immediately reach out to them while the contact is "hot".

Pros

Very user friendly, but the most important feature is their customer service. I always get a real person right away when I have a question or need support. Helpful templates were there when I first got started, and they continue to be available. Their email functionality allows me to tract my emails and see who opens it (all in real time).

Cons

I have been using this software for years, and I have no complaints. I am a one person business, with about 15,000 customers, so my database is not as robust as larger companies might need for marketing. I do not use Constant Contact for videos, slides, etc.

Robust Email Marketing

Converting web site visitors to email marketing recipients has never been easier, as site visitors simply select which programs they are interested in and they are automatically added to the appropriate contact lists in Constant Contact. Constant Contact has made it painless to conduct email marketing campaigns that circumvent spam filters, something that Emma and MailChimp struggled with.

Pros

Constant Contact makes it really easy to make attractive, functional emails and to conduct email campaigns with sequencing. Building emails is done via a drag-and-drop interface (WYSIWYG), so you don't have to have any coding experience with html or css. It's really easy to schedule your campaigns, too. If you can use Outlook and Word, you should be able to get comfortable with Constant Contact pretty...

Cons

Permissions. There are basically two levels of permissions besides the account owner: campaign creator and account manager. It would be nice to have more granular control over what users can do, because account manager gives users a lot of freedom, but is necessary to work with contacts, schedule a send, etc. The other thing I don't like is how quickly the cost ramps up. Having used Emma and MailChimp, I feel like Constant Contact is the most robust platform. But it is expensive.

The best way to promote your company by email is with Constant Contact

Constant Contact has been very helpful for our company, it is an excellent marketing tool that has allowed us to increase our customers and sales significantly. It is a very complete and effective system but at the same time a little expensive if you have many contacts, but I think it is worth the investment.

Pros

Constant Contact has many features and functionalities that allow us to effectively promote any product, business or company. It's easy to start creating email marketing campaigns with Constant Contact. It is intuitive and easy to use, its interface is simple and allows us to adapt easily to your work environment. You can create effective campaigns with a pleasant and innovative visual style since...

Cons

I think your support staff are not so good, when we call support it is difficult to find an operator that speaks Spanish and we lose a lot of time on the call, I also think that Constant Contact is a bit expensive system.

Email Marketing

Overall, it's very good. It's pretty easy to use and the emails are really nice looking. They provide lots of templates to choose from or you can design your own. You can create many contact lists so you can target your emails to the group you're trying to reach.

Pros

Constant Contact is easy to use. You don't have to have extensive training in order to figure it out. They have lots of templates to choose from. You can talk or chat to a real person when you need help. They also offer a non-profit discount, which is very nice. The emails are very nice and professional looking. Once you have a template you like, you can copy it each time and change the colors to make it look fresh.

Cons

The events site is set up a little different than the regular emails. So adding things to the landing page isn't quite as easy as the drag and drop method that's available for the email marketing portion. Also, the event feature is good for taking basic registrations and payments (like selling items) but not great for a full blown event. We used it for several years for our fundraising event but it was a bit cumbersome. There was no easy way to do things like offer sponsor levels with X number of guest tickets included. Eventually we moved our fundraiser to an event-specific software.