Constant Contact Reviews

Constant Contact

Powerful tools and expert guidance to market your business.

4.27/5 (1,624 reviews)

Pros
  • I love the newsletter templates and how simple it is to input my own images and format the perfect newsletters. I also really enjoy the events portion.Kali C.Read the full review
  • It's great that we can references back to information, emails, and events from YEARS ago that are saved in the system. It's like our own bookkeeper for keeping track of our work all in once place.Erica D.Read the full review
  • For the price, this software is fantastic. There are a few things you can't do without paying more, but overall, they're not needed to still produce great e-mails to send out to customers.Caitlin B.Read the full review
Cons
  • Then the prices kept going up while service went down. And then when I need to cancel, no way to do it online, which is a sure sign of either an unethical or a desperate company.Chris C.Read the full review
  • That can be time-consuming. Also, some clients report having an issue finding the emails that come from Constant Contact, because the emails end up in spam folders or with warning messages attached.Grace W.Read the full review
  • I don't like the loss of some features in the 3rd gen. Getting rid of the html editor was a mistake, we used that regularly to manipulate text styles and colors.Josh M.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Robin Ireland

Constant Contact helps me and my clients stay in touch and generate sales

Reviewed 2019-07-31

I've attended several Constant Contact classes, and as a result of what I learned, was able to set up a monthly e-magazine for a client that had 6000 recipients and between 5-10 paid advertisers each month. For another client, we set up a monthly email with coupons for returning customers that was very effective at generating repeat business. The data collection features have helped me and my clients grow our client databases. Another corporate client has used Constant Contact to send notifications and newsletters to their employees.

Pros
There are quite a few things to like about Constant Contact, including the number of available, local classes. The vast number of templates available make the process of setting up email campaigns fast and easy, as does having a library of graphics.

Cons
I've been very happy with Constant Content over the years. While there have been a few glitches, they were easily solved with help from customer service. There is always a representative available to help by chat or phone.

Jaclyn Leeds

Easy to use but has limited design functions.

Reviewed 2019-08-02

Pros
Constant Contact is intuitive and makes building professional-looking emails straightforward. It also facilitates event registrations and syncs well with our other platforms and accounts. I like the new "check for errors" function that verifies there are no broken links in the email.

Cons
Within the body of the emails, there are limits to how one can arrange text and images; and, oftentimes it requires dragging the item to the same spot repeatedly until it lands in the right place. At least once per each email built, I need to log out of Constant Contact and log back in in order to correctly edit the email layout.

Cydnie Gray

Well-Organized for Massive Customer Outreach

Reviewed 2020-04-07

All in all, Constant Contact is really valuable for businesses to interact with their customers. With the variety of services they offer, you have a lot of freedom in how you engage with your audience. The organization of multiple emailing lists, the scheduling feature, analytics, etc. all make using Constant Contact a great experience.

Pros
A lot of the design and pre-built functionality works great. I like having the responsive layout already thought-through for the most part. The Action Blocks are wonderful additions and allow your emails to be a more interactive method of reaching out which I think always feels more valuable. The image upload is pretty easy and simple to use. The reporting and analytic information is really helpful too, especially when you have multiple types of email outreach happening. It's important to know what content your customers respond to and when. The recorded responses for when people participate in a poll displays quickly and updates regularly. The save functionality is really nice especially if you accidentally step away for a bit and your session times out. It's nice to know you won't lose the work you just put in.

Cons
I have noticed that sometimes the preview of an email diplays differently in Constant Contact, than it does when the email is received. Details like rounded edges on clickable buttons, font choice, and line spacing. While it's never drastically impacted our email systems, it would be nice to have universal options available and feel comfortable that all those minor details are going to carry over to the final output.

Aaron Socci

Great For Large Contact Base

Reviewed 2016-08-30
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Constant Contact does a great job of managing multiple groups/list and lots of contacts. I've worked with clients who have a large customer base and Constant Contact allows managing large amounts of group/lists and allows you to manual remove unsubscribers and errors. They are rolling out a new version of their email builder, but the older version does allow custom css coding per block which really allows customizing their templates.

Cons
There are a lot of quirks within Constant Contact that I haven't seen in Mailchimp, specifically with using external links for photos and links. The actual editing of text and links within the email builder is quirky and has some issues. Also, the new search feature for previous emails is really slow and takes a long time to find previous emails unless you create folders for all your emails.

Akande Davis

A simple and robust solution for Email marketing

Reviewed 2020-03-11

Constant Contact is a great solution for smaller organizations that have simple email marketing needs. They do what they do very well and offer a solution that is easy to learn and adopt within smaller organizations. I would definitely recommend it to small businesses or non-profits.

Pros
Constant Contact has a very clean interface and a dashboard that makes it easy to navigate and learn. When compared to other solutions like Mailchimp, I found Constant Contact to be more intuitive and simpler. Our client was able to adopt it quickly where they struggled with other solutions.

Cons
Constant Contact's List set up is not very robust and is somewhat limiting. Their email builder is very structured as well, which can be good for some, but can be difficult to navigate for more custom email builds or email builds that leverage dynamic content.

Michael Homenok

Great tool for email marketing and social media

Reviewed 2019-12-31

We use Constant Contact to manage several clients' email marketing, and it's proven to be an all around solid tool which lets us built out campaigns in minutes. I highly recommend Constant Contact!

Pros
Constant Contact has come a long way in the past few years, with the addition of new tools and UI, helping it keep up with competitors such as MailChimp. The drag-n-drop email designer is great, with integrations such as social media, Woocommerce, and more. Overall, Constant Contact is easy to use for email marketing, better priced than the competition, and is a great tool to manage all of your email contacts.

Cons
In some sections/features of the site, the interface is a bit clunky and can be a bit difficult to figure out what you're trying to achieve. The social media section in particular is a victim to this, and isn't as intuitive as some other platforms.

Levi Gill

Streamlined Connection

Reviewed 2020-03-03

Constant Contact continues to be a blessing at the ministry. It’s been a positive tool.

Pros
I like that the software allowed us at the ministry to rapidly add the contacts from our past lists. It helped us to create regular updates and post to all our social media pages. In essence, we were able to get the word out quicker.

Cons
The monthly subscription cost of the software would increase after our email list grew to a certain number. That was a bummer, but necessary I suppose.

ROXANNE JACOBS

Constant Contact is FREE with DonorPerfect

Reviewed 2020-03-06
Review Source: Software Advice

It enables us to communicate and educate our donors, suspects, and prospects.

Pros
I like that Constant Contact comes FREE with my DonorPerfect. It integrates with all my donors and makes communicating with them easy.

Cons
I don't have any thing that I don't like about Constant Contact. It does what it is meant to do and is easy to use.

Brian Burke

Highest Level Email Campaigns

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2020-03-17
Review Source: Software Advice

It does exactly what it says it will with many customized templates..! Enjoy it..!

Pros
Everything works extremely perfectly for Jamie, Father Arnold and the Shakers pertaining to the email software!

Cons
I am pretty sure it costs more than mail chimp. Nevertheless it is extremely professional grade and quality.

Anonymous

As an email marketing professional, I am frustrated by clients that insist on using Constant Contact

Reviewed 2020-04-30

I sometimes come across clients who are tied into Constant Contact and do not wish to change to a better, more modern platform. Unfortunately for them, that means compromising the potential of their email marketing efforts.

Pros
Unfortunately, I cannot think of any feature that Constant Contact has that is not done better by other platforms.

Cons
Everything about this product screams "old school" - and in email marketing circles, that's not a positive thing. The interface for creating campaigns is confusing, the segmenting options are limited, and the support for custom templates is bad.

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Neffer Kerr

Fashionable and Functional. Your correspondence will

Reviewed 2018-07-10

I do independent contracting for a nonprofit and have been using Constant Contact for about 4 years now for the electronic newsletters to our supporters and network. I love that the software and the many different template options to use for mailings. I also like that I am able to change fonts, color, backgrounds and layout with ease. It is VERY user friendly and if I need to stop in the middle of my work it, will be saved where I left off. This is actually an update because in the past if you didn't save the work manually you could lose it, but they have updated that and it now autosaves (which I am very grateful for). Also, I love that I can schedule mailings and campaigns in advance for when I want them to go out (I currently have 5 pending to go out on designated days within the next 5 weeks). This save me a lot of time and not having to wait til the day of to log on and send them out. What I REALLY like is that we can track analytics. we know what emails (and topics) people are more interested in versus ones they barely open. This helps us in choosing more engaging content. I know what percent of our contacts have opened the emails. I can create different groups to send certain thing to (like Board members, parents, LSC), I am even able to see the time and date (and by whom) an email was opened and if the donate button was clicked or not (which is good for best practices and implementing measures of accountability within the org).

Pros
I do independent contracting for a nonprofit and have been using Constant Constant for about 4 years now for the electronic newsletters to our supporters and network. I love that the software and the many different template options to use for mailings. I also like that I am able to change fonts, color, backgrounds and layout with ease. It is VERY user friendly and if I need to stop in the middle of my work it, will be saved where I left off. This is actually an update because in the past if you didn't save the work manually you could lose it, but they have updated that and it now autosaves (which I am very grateful for). Also, I love that I can schedule mailings and campaigns in advance for when I want them to go out (I currently have 5 pending to go out on designated days within the next 5 weeks). This save me a lot of time and not having to wait til the day of to log on and send them out. What I REALLY like is that we can track analytics. we know what emails (and topics) people are more interested in versus ones they barely open. This helps us in choosing more engaging content. I know what percent of our contacts have opened the emails. I can create different groups to send certain thing to (like Board members, parents, LSC), I am even able to see the time and date (and by whom) an email was opened and if the donate button was clicked or not (which is good for best practices and implementing measures of accountability within the org).

Cons
I don't like that the only videos that I can embed into the mailings have to be a Youtube link. But other than that, there isn't much that I do not like about using this software.

Selene Muldowney

Constant Contact is an easy-to-use email marketing tool - a little pricey but worth the expense!

Reviewed 2018-06-26

Overall a great product, easy to use, and functional. its minor limitations are countered by functionality, reliability, and the features it offers. The price is sometimes a turnoff when compared to other marketing email providers. CC offers easy to use templates that are almost fully customizable. Lots of extra features including campaigns, events, registrations, sign up forms etc. There are plenty of HELP menu items and tutorials. Love that there is no limit on the number of emails sent monthly. Overall a great go to product!

Pros
As an email marketing solution, CC fits most small to medium business owners needs with plenty of easy to edit templates, branded emails, newsletters, calendars, event apps, and website integrations. Additionally, business owners can set up events and registrations via the app. The templates are easy to use with varied options and designs. For more experienced handlers, HTML is available to set up templates. Emails offer clients and recipients the opportunity to opt out or stay tuned while landing the emails in their in box rather than their spam filters . Analytics are a plus and helpful to see what works and what doesn't in an email campaign. CC also integrates social media platforms. Overall it is a great all-in-one marketing tool.

Cons
While the software is generally easy to use, it is not intuitive and does on occasion produce glitchy results from missing images to random changes in text, font, and email structure. I do like the tiered pricing structure, although find CC to be far more expensive than their competitors. One of my biggest complaints is the placement of images - it doesn't really allow flexibility in design - if you are ok with their more cookie cutter template designs then its a 5 star - but the ability to place images becomes tedious and reduces the functionality. Overall the program is a go and worth the expense even if the image placement issues are annoying.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Curt Levey

Easy to use, great for contact management, but terrible customer service

Reviewed 2017-11-25

The email analytics and reports are great.

Pros
I use CC to to manage our large contact database and to send out email updates. It is great for segmenting our list -- from general interest to communications to fundraising. The automated features are great, especially that it will not allow the same email to appear in the same inbox twice. It also merges duplicate contacts. We use it across the entire organization. Constant contact is great for merging duplicate contacts, updating your address book, giving a reliable open rate and thorough reports, and allowing you to segment large email lists.

Cons
When uploading additional contacts, CC wants to see how they actively subscribed. This can be problematic when uploading an older email list (i.e. you may just have a spreadsheet of The List and they want to see more evidence). Additionally, it is a little pricey compared to competitors such as MailChimp. It would be great to be able to export email campaigns as HTML.Be extremely careful when importing contacts. Constant Contact wants to see how they actively subscribed. Sometimes it is hard to prove this when you have entered information for people you have an established relationship with, or if they verbally requested to be added. Constant Contact wants to actually see the (paper) sign-up sheet. This is unachievable for businesses/groups that have been around long enough to have established an email list based on personal relationships or when importing business cards. As for the design, sizing images can be difficult when you are using a self-designed template. As for the contact management services, representatives have very little technical knowledge and don't seem to understand marketing techniques used within certain industries.

Erica Schmitt

It keeps getting better!

Reviewed 2018-02-27

Constant Contact is the standard for email marketing, and you can see why! It allows you to quickly upload your email contacts and create professional email marketing. We've been able to see how many people open each of our email campaigns, and which campaigns are most successful, making future marketing more targeted.

Pros
Love the ease of use - whether you want to send a quick email using a premade template, or customize every part of your message, Constant Contact gives you the tools. It's easy to find what you need, and you don't need to know anything about pixel size or the HTML color codes to create professional emails. Constant Contact just introduced A/B testing, so you can better gauge the headings and send times that get your audience to open the emails. Constant Contact is a very solid platform - I've yet to see any service outages, or experience any features that feel buggy, unstable, or like they're still in beta testing. If you have access to a feature on Constant Contact, you know that it will work.

Cons
It's difficult to manage old campaigns. Want to see what your message was last time, what template you used, or how long ago you sent an email to a particular group? Good luck - you'll be scrolling through pages of old campaigns by hand. At this time, you can't run reports to compare the percentage of opens/click-throughs per recipient group, or to compare how various keywords or send-times compare. To really analyze your marketing approach, you'll have to extract this data by hand. Some of the updates (i.e. A/B testing, custom template options) have been available to users of free competitor services for years. It would be nice to see Constant Contact take a more proactive approach to innovation and updates.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Nathan Roberts

Robust Email Marketing

Reviewed 2018-09-03

Converting web site visitors to email marketing recipients has never been easier, as site visitors simply select which programs they are interested in and they are automatically added to the appropriate contact lists in Constant Contact. Constant Contact has made it painless to conduct email marketing campaigns that circumvent spam filters, something that Emma and MailChimp struggled with.

Pros
Constant Contact makes it really easy to make attractive, functional emails and to conduct email campaigns with sequencing. Building emails is done via a drag-and-drop interface (WYSIWYG), so you don't have to have any coding experience with html or css. It's really easy to schedule your campaigns, too. If you can use Outlook and Word, you should be able to get comfortable with Constant Contact pretty quickly. It's also really easy to build and manage contact lists, including importing from csv files. And Constant Contact does a good job of tracking bad email addresses and removing them from your lists, which is important because you are charged by the number of contacts you have. I also like that you can send yourself previews so you can try the messages out on different mail programs and tweak them to your liking. Once you've sent out the messages, Constant Contact offers reporting to let you know how successful your campaign was, including the click-through rate. It also sends you reports about who is being added to and removed from your contact lists. Its integration with several WordPress form plugins means it's easy to convert web traffic to email marketing recipients.

Cons
Permissions. There are basically two levels of permissions besides the account owner: campaign creator and account manager. It would be nice to have more granular control over what users can do, because account manager gives users a lot of freedom, but is necessary to work with contacts, schedule a send, etc. The other thing I don't like is how quickly the cost ramps up. Having used Emma and MailChimp, I feel like Constant Contact is the most robust platform. But it is expensive.

Sonia Del Valle Urbano de Malaver

The best way to promote your company by email is with Constant Contact

Reviewed 2018-12-06

Constant Contact has been very helpful for our company, it is an excellent marketing tool that has allowed us to increase our customers and sales significantly. It is a very complete and effective system but at the same time a little expensive if you have many contacts, but I think it is worth the investment.

Pros
Constant Contact has many features and functionalities that allow us to effectively promote any product, business or company. It's easy to start creating email marketing campaigns with Constant Contact. It is intuitive and easy to use, its interface is simple and allows us to adapt easily to your work environment. You can create effective campaigns with a pleasant and innovative visual style since the system has a large number of templates that we can customize and adapt to any type of campaign, there are many different designs that we can choose from. Constant Contact will allow us to direct our campaigns to one or more contact lists that we have since we can segment our contacts very easily, simply creating different lists for each group of contacts that we need We can perform an analysis on the campaigns sent through the option of reports, being able to quickly verify the percentages of opening, clicks, rebounds and unsubscriptions and thus we can be improving the effectiveness of our campaigns   Constant Contact allows integration with other systems such as Shopify, Wordpress, BigCommerce, facebook and others.

Cons
I think your support staff are not so good, when we call support it is difficult to find an operator that speaks Spanish and we lose a lot of time on the call, I also think that Constant Contact is a bit expensive system.

Sheri Drever

An email marketing platform that works!

Reviewed 2019-08-29
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
We signed up with Constant Contact in somewhat a state of desperation, after having no luck with other platforms to do what we wanted them to. We were looking for an email marketing platform that would effectively take our data and create merge fields that worked, had the ability to segment lists, and also provided detailed reports including who had opened it, who had not unopened it and had the ability to re-send with one-click to everyone who had not opened a specific email. We also wanted a platform where we could create our own customizable template that still had a professional appearance. Constant Contact did all this for us, and our customers have been commenting on how the communication we're sending them "looks professional, has a consistent look, and always has relevant content". We couldn't have achieved this without Constant Contact!

Cons
The one disadvantage with Constant Contact is that anyone that has the same email address is merged into one contact. This has been a small issue for us where we want to keep both contacts names even though they have the same email address. We have been able to work around this by asking all our customers with duplicate email addresses to update their email address.

Jeff Johnson

A nimble framework with solid variety

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2020-01-17

Over all, it satisfies with tons of options and features. It's been around for quite a while so it has maturity. I like that, because it's less likely to drop off the grid and force me to learn a different application. With the savings of a few home-made cappuccinos instead spending at the coffee stand, you can easily afford this!

Pros
Constant Contact has a smooth feel and almost always gives back more than I put into it. It's simple, solid, and scores big with me in mass management of details, as well as private and public listings. From crafting a simple update, to publishing an intricate periodical, it does the trick. The better your skills in composition and design, the better this suite will engage your craft. If you're not really into complex "back end" matters, like analytics, CTA, efficiency, and delivery success, that's ok. You'll still be able to feel the "pulse"; and like many things, the rest will come with time. The best part is that it grows on you over time, instead of impressing you upfront, and then disappointing. This "work-on-it-anywhere" app is chock full of tools for social marketing, surveys and campaigns, monitoring, scheduling, automation and similar workflows, to design, custom templates, storage, libraries, and hosting, etc. However, don't ease up on your final proof, because that's where I make the "best" mistakes! The more polished it is, the more embarrassing that typo will be! Constant Contact is a multi-level mobile tool, with plans that meet well.

Cons
While I don't always anticipate maintenance down-times, a more diverse notification system of maintenance times would be nice. I also believe a "pay-per-use" option for a reasonable time-frame would be great for businesses with less predictable budgets, trying to get off the ground. Also, sometimes design tools aren't as pliable as I'd like sometimes (I'm a so-so perfectionist). But for the price, that's ok!

Karen Shay-Kubiak

The industry leader that I WANT to love

Reviewed 2019-02-07

Their pricing is competitive for organizations with 10,000 or more contacts. But at the end of the day, the sweet spot of Constant Contact is basic communication, not marketing. Mobile-first responsive designs and customizable automation sequences should be a given for an industry leader known as the original pioneer of email marketing. Unfortunately, I can pick out a Constant Contact email in my inbox at a glance — and not just because of the requisite CC branding at the bottom. The look is less than elegant and does little to strengthen a company's brand.

Pros
It's easy to create opt-in lists and sign-up forms. There are lots of templates available to choose from, plus survey functionality and integrations with social media.

Cons
The email template designs are less than sophisticated. Many don't look good when read on a mobile device, which — thank you, Constant Contact analytics! — more than 55% of our recipients use to open their emails. The drag-and-drop interface has more limited functionality than other email providers I've tried. Design customization options are limited without knowing advanced CSS and HTML coding. In addition, automation sequences are limited to basic autoresponders. They are challenging to set up, and there are no "if/then" logic options for sending automated messages.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Daniel Arnold

Super easy to use, less functionality that Mailchimp but not necessarily a bad thing

Reviewed 2019-07-18

We use Constant Contact for marketing, admissions and development emails. We recently made the switch from MailChimp to Constant Contact because I, as the primary user, was wanting something that would be less labor-intensive. While having fewer features and customizable content as Mailchimp, it's nice not having to hand code anything. Additionally, it seems to provide a similar experience regardless of browser. With Mailchimp we kept having diplay/layout issues with recipients viewing in Outlook 365 on a PC.

Pros
It's simple. Drag and drop editor is dummy proof. Very simple to build emails and automations. Ability to do emails with multiple columns.

Cons
Not able to do edge-to-edge designs and the footer is less customizable than our previous email software (Mailchimp)

Lisa Moughan

Great for emails...limited reporting/info available

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-11-08

Constant Contact was a great tool for us while we were getting started with our email program. It's reasonably priced and easy to use and makes users look very professional. We just outgrew it and needed more in-depth marketing information so we've moved on.

Pros
Constant Contact is very user-friendly. With little to no training, users can easily create professional-looking emails. There are many templates to choose from and they, again, look very professional. It is perfect for businesses without designers on staff. Another major advantage is the pricing...it is SUPER reasonably priced.

Cons
A couple of issues...first, while I understand the need to manage contacts and spam issues, they can be unreasonable with blocking you from sending emails. People unsubscribe and claim you are junk mail even when you aren't...there's nothing you can do about it, yet you still get dinged for it. Second, you are limited in how much info you can see about users. We switched to another program that provides a lot more visibility into what users do, including linking to web pages visited. This isn't a fault of Constant Contact, it's just not a service they offer. Finally, be aware that there are a lot of challenges if you are sending to a lot of users with Outlook. I know that Outlook is difficult to work with, but many if not most business users use Outlook, so templates and emails have to display well there. It's a challenge with our new software as well...I don't know if anyone has really cracked the Outlook solution yet.

Jennifer Mikes

Have made some nice improvements

Reviewed 2018-11-27

Pros
We've been using Constant Contact for a number of years for our email marketing efforts. The interface is easy to use, although a bit glitchy at times, and I have seen a number of platform upgrades as well. I like the ready made templates available which come in handy when needing to put together an email quickly. The analytics provided are good, although I can't comment on how robust they are given this is the only platform I have ever used for email marketing. The addition of some email automation has been nice as well. Also, the recently added inbox previews has been nice to help tighten up subject lines and formatting.

Cons
Sometimes I've noticed the interface can be a bit glitchy when building an email. The buttons used for changing background color and making edits can be elusive at times. I also don't like how there is no search function for finding sent emails by name. I know you can filter emails by date sent and categorize them in folders but it would be nice to be able to search by an exact email title.

Melissa Trimble

Has been a lifesaver!

Reviewed 2019-09-12

Overall, we really have enjoyed the ConstantContact app. As I mentioned earlier, it has proven invaluable to us on more than one occasion when getting vital information to the congregation was time sensitive.

Pros
I really love the fact that if we have a church announcement that just HAS to go out immediately, ConstantContact can get it out to our entire congregation within 3 minutes of my sending it. They also have wonderful, friendly, customer service.

Cons
There are some minor issues with user-friendliness and ease of navigation. The interface should be a little more "simple" for those of us who are not totally comfortable with using a publisher.

Anonymous

Keeping up with Email Data and Contacts

Reviewed 2018-10-31

Sending emails out on a daily basis and extracting that data keeps my boss happy and healthy. We are always checking out their new features that might help us even more on our marketing trails. For what you get, you are not paying too much which is cost effective!

Pros
The feature that is most useful in my current job situation is the technology this program has to track opens and clicks for basic to intricate emails that are sent out to customers. This helps us to determine our most interested and time worthy customers/prospects for different products. Another thing is that you can import/export large amounts of data whenever you need it, and they have the tools all over the website that can help you every step of the way how to get the most out of the email campaigns. Continuous updates and features are added to the website monthly, with an article explaining all about it pops up in your notifications.

Cons
Sometimes if there is too much data/campaigns integrated into the website it can slow simple tasks down by large degree. Also there are many late night website touch ups they need to do to make the program better - but also annoys us night owls that like to get projects done late at night.

David Woodley

A truly great marketing email platform

Reviewed 2019-07-18

On the whole, I find Constant Contact to be the best email marketing platform for the money. The feature set is very rich and while it can be a bit more complex than competitors like MailChimp, it is the best-in-class solution for those needing broad control over their email content and easy delivery.

Pros
Constant Contact is an easy to use bulk email online service. You have several templates to choose from and all of them are customizable. Designing everything from an invitation to a complex newsletter can usually be achieved within just a few minutes. Tracking email opens, clicks, and other metrics is equally simple. Getting basic business intelligence about trends in email activity is also easily accomplished. Customer service is fantastic. We have had everyone of our cases resolved quickly and easily.

Cons
Constant Contact can be a little fastidious about unsubscribers and spam reports. The customer has very little control once a recipient has either unsubscribed or reported spam. They can’t be emailed again. Even if you are able to reach the customer and convince them to resume service or the customer made a mistake, it can be very difficult to re-enable their service. Exporting your data is simple, however, Constant Contact itself doesn’t allow much in terms of integration with other software’s. It’s all export/import. There are a number of developers that produce plug-ins for individual programs, but they don’t always work properly. You take your own risks with those.