Constant Contact Reviews

4.23/5 (1,065 reviews)

Neffer Kerr

Fashionable and Functional. Your correspondence will

Reviewed 2018-07-10

I do independent contracting for a nonprofit and have been using Constant Contact for about 4 years now for the electronic newsletters to our supporters and network. I love that the software and the many different template options to use for mailings. I also like that I am able to change fonts, color, backgrounds and layout with ease. It is VERY user friendly and if I need to stop in the middle of my work it, will be saved where I left off. This is actually an update because in the past if you didn't save the work manually you could lose it, but they have updated that and it now autosaves (which I am very grateful for). Also, I love that I can schedule mailings and campaigns in advance for when I want them to go out (I currently have 5 pending to go out on designated days within the next 5 weeks). This save me a lot of time and not having to wait til the day of to log on and send them out. What I REALLY like is that we can track analytics. we know what emails (and topics) people are more interested in versus ones they barely open. This helps us in choosing more engaging content. I know what percent of our contacts have opened the emails. I can create different groups to send certain thing to (like Board members, parents, LSC), I am even able to see the time and date (and by whom) an email was opened and if the donate button was clicked or not (which is good for best practices and implementing measures of accountability within the org).I do independent contracting for a nonprofit and have been using Constant Constant for about 4 years now for the electronic newsletters to our supporters and network. I love that the software and the many different template options to use for mailings. I also like that I am able to change fonts, color, backgrounds and layout with ease. It is VERY user friendly and if I need to stop in the middle of my work it, will be saved where I left off. This is actually an update because in the past if you didn't save the work manually you could lose it, but they have updated that and it now autosaves (which I am very grateful for). Also, I love that I can schedule mailings and campaigns in advance for when I want them to go out (I currently have 5 pending to go out on designated days within the next 5 weeks). This save me a lot of time and not having to wait til the day of to log on and send them out. What I REALLY like is that we can track analytics. we know what emails (and topics) people are more interested in versus ones they barely open. This helps us in choosing more engaging content. I know what percent of our contacts have opened the emails. I can create different groups to send certain thing to (like Board members, parents, LSC), I am even able to see the time and date (and by whom) an email was opened and if the donate button was clicked or not (which is good for best practices and implementing measures of accountability within the org).

Selene Muldowney

Constant Contact is an easy-to-use email marketing tool - a little pricey but worth the expense!

Reviewed 2018-06-26

Overall a great product, easy to use, and functional. its minor limitations are countered by functionality, reliability, and the features it offers. The price is sometimes a turnoff when compared to other marketing email providers. CC offers easy to use templates that are almost fully customizable. Lots of extra features including campaigns, events, registrations, sign up forms etc. There are plenty of HELP menu items and tutorials. Love that there is no limit on the number of emails sent monthly. Overall a great go to product!As an email marketing solution, CC fits most small to medium business owners needs with plenty of easy to edit templates, branded emails, newsletters, calendars, event apps, and website integrations. Additionally, business owners can set up events and registrations via the app. The templates are easy to use with varied options and designs. For more experienced handlers, HTML is available to set up templates. Emails offer clients and recipients the opportunity to opt out or stay tuned while landing the emails in their in box rather than their spam filters . Analytics are a plus and helpful to see what works and what doesn't in an email campaign. CC also integrates social media platforms. Overall it is a great all-in-one marketing tool.

Curt Levey

Easy to use, great for contact management, but terrible customer service

Reviewed 2017-11-25

The email analytics and reports are great. I use CC to to manage our large contact database and to send out email updates. It is great for segmenting our list -- from general interest to communications to fundraising. The automated features are great, especially that it will not allow the same email to appear in the same inbox twice. It also merges duplicate contacts. We use it across the entire organization. Constant contact is great for merging duplicate contacts, updating your address book, giving a reliable open rate and thorough reports, and allowing you to segment large email lists.

Erica Schmitt

It keeps getting better!

Reviewed 2018-02-27

Constant Contact is the standard for email marketing, and you can see why! It allows you to quickly upload your email contacts and create professional email marketing. We've been able to see how many people open each of our email campaigns, and which campaigns are most successful, making future marketing more targeted.Love the ease of use - whether you want to send a quick email using a premade template, or customize every part of your message, Constant Contact gives you the tools. It's easy to find what you need, and you don't need to know anything about pixel size or the HTML color codes to create professional emails. Constant Contact just introduced A/B testing, so you can better gauge the headings and send times that get your audience to open the emails. Constant Contact is a very solid platform - I've yet to see any service outages, or experience any features that feel buggy, unstable, or like they're still in beta testing. If you have access to a feature on Constant Contact, you know that it will work.

Nathan Roberts

Robust Email Marketing

Reviewed 2018-09-03

Converting web site visitors to email marketing recipients has never been easier, as site visitors simply select which programs they are interested in and they are automatically added to the appropriate contact lists in Constant Contact. Constant Contact has made it painless to conduct email marketing campaigns that circumvent spam filters, something that Emma and MailChimp struggled with.Constant Contact makes it really easy to make attractive, functional emails and to conduct email campaigns with sequencing. Building emails is done via a drag-and-drop interface (WYSIWYG), so you don't have to have any coding experience with html or css. It's really easy to schedule your campaigns, too. If you can use Outlook and Word, you should be able to get comfortable with Constant Contact pretty quickly. It's also really easy to build and manage contact lists, including importing from csv files. And Constant Contact does a good job of tracking bad email addresses and removing them from your lists, which is important because you are charged by the number of contacts you have. I also like that you can send yourself previews so you can try the messages out on different mail programs and tweak them to your liking. Once you've sent out the messages, Constant Contact offers reporting to let you know how successful your campaign was, including the click-through rate. It also sends you reports about who is being added to and removed from your contact lists. Its integration with several WordPress form plugins means it's easy to convert web traffic to email marketing recipients.

Sonia Del Valle Urbano de Malaver

The best way to promote your company by email is with Constant Contact

Reviewed 2018-12-06

Constant Contact has been very helpful for our company, it is an excellent marketing tool that has allowed us to increase our customers and sales significantly. It is a very complete and effective system but at the same time a little expensive if you have many contacts, but I think it is worth the investment. Constant Contact has many features and functionalities that allow us to effectively promote any product, business or company. It's easy to start creating email marketing campaigns with Constant Contact. It is intuitive and easy to use, its interface is simple and allows us to adapt easily to your work environment. You can create effective campaigns with a pleasant and innovative visual style since the system has a large number of templates that we can customize and adapt to any type of campaign, there are many different designs that we can choose from. Constant Contact will allow us to direct our campaigns to one or more contact lists that we have since we can segment our contacts very easily, simply creating different lists for each group of contacts that we need We can perform an analysis on the campaigns sent through the option of reports, being able to quickly verify the percentages of opening, clicks, rebounds and unsubscriptions and thus we can be improving the effectiveness of our campaigns   Constant Contact allows integration with other systems such as Shopify, Wordpress, BigCommerce, facebook and others.

Karen Shay-Kubiak

The industry leader that I WANT to love

Reviewed 2019-02-07

Their pricing is competitive for organizations with 10,000 or more contacts. But at the end of the day, the sweet spot of Constant Contact is basic communication, not marketing. Mobile-first responsive designs and customizable automation sequences should be a given for an industry leader known as the original pioneer of email marketing. Unfortunately, I can pick out a Constant Contact email in my inbox at a glance — and not just because of the requisite CC branding at the bottom. The look is less than elegant and does little to strengthen a company's brand. It's easy to create opt-in lists and sign-up forms. There are lots of templates available to choose from, plus survey functionality and integrations with social media.

Lisa Moughan

Great for emails...limited reporting/info available

Used other for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-11-08

Constant Contact was a great tool for us while we were getting started with our email program. It's reasonably priced and easy to use and makes users look very professional. We just outgrew it and needed more in-depth marketing information so we've moved on.Constant Contact is very user-friendly. With little to no training, users can easily create professional-looking emails. There are many templates to choose from and they, again, look very professional. It is perfect for businesses without designers on staff. Another major advantage is the pricing...it is SUPER reasonably priced.

Jennifer Mikes

Have made some nice improvements

Reviewed 2018-11-27

We've been using Constant Contact for a number of years for our email marketing efforts. The interface is easy to use, although a bit glitchy at times, and I have seen a number of platform upgrades as well. I like the ready made templates available which come in handy when needing to put together an email quickly. The analytics provided are good, although I can't comment on how robust they are given this is the only platform I have ever used for email marketing. The addition of some email automation has been nice as well. Also, the recently added inbox previews has been nice to help tighten up subject lines and formatting.

Keeping up with Email Data and Contacts

Reviewed 2018-10-31

Sending emails out on a daily basis and extracting that data keeps my boss happy and healthy. We are always checking out their new features that might help us even more on our marketing trails. For what you get, you are not paying too much which is cost effective!The feature that is most useful in my current job situation is the technology this program has to track opens and clicks for basic to intricate emails that are sent out to customers. This helps us to determine our most interested and time worthy customers/prospects for different products. Another thing is that you can import/export large amounts of data whenever you need it, and they have the tools all over the website that can help you every step of the way how to get the most out of the email campaigns. Continuous updates and features are added to the website monthly, with an article explaining all about it pops up in your notifications.

Edward McCallister

Easy To Use, But Graphics/Look Has Early 2000s Vibe

Reviewed 2018-01-09

It is very simple to use! The navigation is simple :) It really couldn't be any easier for a first-time user to figure out. A kid could definitely use it without any guidance (provided that they can read). I really enjoy using it, so that's a plus. I also love that you can view how many emails were opened , even who opened them and what they clicked on! As a marketing person, that's the greatest gift ever. Real data you can see, use and understand. Sadly, not all marketing products offer that. But Constant Contact does! And they do it well.

Grace Howlett

Send out professional looking emails securely and with a good delivery rate.

Reviewed 2018-07-20

Constant Contact allows me to easily send professional emails to my clients and readers without worrying about leaking their data out or delivering viruses to their inboxes.The email design features are awesome, and adding pictures is pretty easy. You can build your own library of photos to use. Designing and changing email templates is quite straightforward, and fully customizable with colours, fonts and 'blocks' of type such as main feature, coupon, etc. I have only used customer support twice and they were cheerful and helpful. Almost every email brings one or more bookings so I feel using this service is worth the price. It's also easy to manage your email lists and CC helps guard against repeated bounces by sort of quarantining those email addresses to protect you from a poor sender reputation, which is important with ever-tightening SPAM regulations. There are upgrades available, should you want to send out forms or questionnaires to your list too.

mike Julson

With a few small Kinks this software managed to bring in a staggering amount of new business legally

Reviewed 2018-07-26

With this software I didn't run into the normal problems of implementing changes in the physical appearance of the content of my mailer and it seemed to not get caught up in spam filters like other programs that offer the same thing this company offers it and actually follows through with it. I would recommend this.The automation of this software is beyond intuitive it's closer to artificial intelligence than anything. Providing crucial analytical data back to myself and my team we could reconfigure our approach to different demographics which ultimately LED in huge surges and increases in business.

Evelyn Kachirisky

Constant Contact allows me to share our business marketing material in a rapid and professional mann

Reviewed 2017-10-03

Contant Contact makes it easy for us to send a quick e-mail out to our members. They have everything set up for you, so that you can upload a document, image, and/or video. I love that they give you the option to change the background colors and schedule days and times for the e-mails to be sent out. I love how reliable this software is when it comes to importing contacts and making sure our clients receive the emails on time, I love the statistics it provides us. That has definitely helped our organization improve. Constant Contact is the way to go!

Jason Langsner

I have managed the Constant Contact email/events account for a small not-for-profit in DC for years.

Reviewed 2018-03-18

Constant Contact allows us to easily manage our email contacts and lists. It has saved us time by providing email templates that we can customize to our brand. The reporting the tool provides also gives us the intelligence we need to see if our list is growing or shrinking.Great tool for a small business or organization to communicate with supporters and customers. Very easy to manage contacts and lists. Countless email templates provided, plus it is easy to create your own templates. Out of the box reporting on opens, click-thrus, opt-outs, and more are highly intuitive.

Great Marketing Resource, Templates Could Be Better

Reviewed 2019-01-02

I use Constant Contact multiple times per week to market listings for a sales team. This option has allowed us to reach more contacts than other platforms and increase our visibility in the market.Constant Contact is EXTREMELY easy to use - it is fairly straight forward and fool proof. The customer service may be the greatest I've ever experienced with any company. Every single person I have spoken to is so nice, so knowledgeable, and quick to help me out.

Organizers dream

Reviewed 2019-01-22

Overall, I do recommend Constant Contact over its competitors. Through this service, I have been able to keep track of thousands of contacts and stay on top of mailings. Because I work for a non-profit, I often have to put multiple links in emails for people to access, and being able to easily resend the same emails without sending them again to all of the contacts that were previously selected is great! I love how organized you can be with this service. It is easy to create and edit mailing lists and contacts. I also appreciate how simple it is to create and publish multiple future mailings and how the mailings are then organized by publishing date so you easily keep track of them. This is extremely helpful for when you have to send a series of mailers in a week for multiple weeks in a row.

Bonnie Miller

Reviewed 2018-08-30

I've used CC to create and track event and orientation registrations, send out email blasts, reminders, and/or updated messages and flyers. I've also used CC to gather new and old leads, create and maintain lists of interested applicants, as well as track applicants who move to admitted students. It is also a great tool for marketing new programs and gathering and testing different message and design styles to see which ones gather more interest. I especially use it to email large groups without being blocked as a spammer. I really don't spam targeted leads, but with some email providers all it takes is like 5 users with the same @.... address and you can get blocked, so being able to use CC for larger emails is a big plus!What I like most about Constant Contact (CC) is the ability to import and export contact lists so I can save and re-use particular lists as needed. I often have to run update reports to add newer applicants (or new "interested" leads) and/or change the message text to target a specific audience and then send it to those who need to be contacted; not having to create a brand new list or try and merge two different files is so helpful. Being able to preview email messages when you need to tweak something is a real time saver too! And I love the "reminders" feature so I know when it's time to reconnect with certain interested contacts.

Constant Contact: Email Marketing Made Easy

Reviewed 2018-12-11

Constant Contact is a GREAT tool for designing emails quickly and easily. At the retail establishment I worked at that used this tool, we were able to create beautiful emails announcing new products, inviting clients to events, sharing sale info and more. Constant Contact allows you to include video and links to social media, and comes with a plethora of premade templates to make things especially easy for users. The tool definitely saved time and money and was effective for getting people into the store to make sales. Constant Contact also gives you the ability to manage your email list, remove people whose emails may have bounced or who wish to unsubscribe. Constant Contact is a convient way to create beautiful emails to send to a host of contacts. I have used the tool personally for email marketing for retail businesses. Constant Contact allows you to easily manage your contact lists as well as design beautiful, professional emails to send.

Mildred M. Tassone

Email marketing with excellent support

Reviewed 2018-09-25

Excellent product that integrates well with overall marketing workflow. The support is prompt and it is solid technically. It is easy to use and provides templates to make your emails easy to create and have built in mobile design. There is help with expanded hours that will assist you with creating emails, list management and any other issue you have. I consider this a major plus because there can always be questions and with support, saves you time. The reporting features are outstanding. You can see who is opening what and what links they are clicking on, to name just a few reporting features. Also, you can now personalize subject line and add emojis. New features are always being added.

Gayle Cajan

Excellent tool for email marketing.

Reviewed 2018-01-18
Review Source: Software Advice

For the price, this program provides an excellent tool for organizations that focus on email marketing campaigns. If your needs are focused around email marketing, this is certainly the program to consider. This software worked well for our email campaigns, but it lacked some features that were specific to the growing needs of our organization. We definitely would have stayed with this software if it would have met all the needs of our organization as we grew in size and function. The templates were easy to customize, and the emails always looked very professional. I also liked how the emails were tied into the registration page and the final reports.

Justin Grand

Marketing Made Easy

Reviewed 2019-01-16

Our organization loves Constant Contact. When we log in, we feel accomplished. It allows us to look like our organization, sound like our organization, and be received by clients who support our organization. It's a dream come true and makes all-important marketing simple.Constant Contact is limitless. Want to send an eblast, create a platform for registration, or send automated trials or incentives? Constant Contact does just that and so much more. Very simply, without us using Constant Contact daily, we would not know who our prospective clients are and we would not engage the ones that are with us. When we use Constant Contact, we know our members and always see results.

Ronald Gallagher

Constant Contact - good simple choice for online newsletters and can add on event management too.

Reviewed 2018-12-20

Using and learning Constant Contact is not difficult... and you can really create some nice looking email newsletters and setup/manage the email lists very quickly. What I have always liked is their Event management features (with the Plus level of service) for event promotion, registration, payments, tracking, and reporting. For groups and companies that don't have members, it is a great option to consider.I have used Constant Contact for various groups for over 10 years. The newsletters and email list management is very easy to learn and manage and the reporting availability (opens, etc) is good too. For groups that hold events and need to promote, register, get paid, and so forth for those events the Email Plus is a great option and it works well. For all these years they have offered a consistent and strong product. One thing to consider, if you are looking for software like this is to consider if you also have or need membership management as part of your group's needs... you may want to look around for a software that includes that service feature as Constant Contact does not have that membership management feature.

Daniel Arnold

Great email marketing for small business

Reviewed 2016-12-01

Overall the Constant Contact tools are easy to use and very professional. We are a mid-sized financial institution that sends around 14 to 28 thousand emails per week. When I came into my role we had been using Constant Contact for a number of years. However, I felt that we had outgrown its capabilities. The platform is primarily for small businesses and some of the features were lacking for what we needed. Specifically, the ability to create separate subscription lists. That said, the customer service is amazing and if you live/work in the Boston area then there are always training seminars going on. Great customer service. Whenever we encountered problems with data uploads/downloads or other situations, the phone support was quick to answer and very knowledgeable. Inexpensive for the quality of email platform. Great for small businesses.

Greg Gawthrop

New User to Constant Contact

Reviewed 2018-10-24

I said in my PROS for the software. A good value and love the templates in a pinch. They can really get you out of bind if sales or marketing suddenly decides a need for a mailing in an hour. Saved me many times. I do like the overall format and the timeliness of the mailings when you set up your mailings to go out in the advance . . great job!I recently took over the mailing and marketing for our company. Pretty much had a crash course from previous person in charge of it. Found it pretty easy to use once I figured it out. The templates have saved my life for 'on the fly' mailings. Pretty easy to go in and customize the template already close to what you want but want to add your person company or touch to it. I really appreciate the effort that goes into the templates. Also, found that the mailings go out when they say they are going to go out - a real nice feature!