iContact Logo

Email marketing , automation, and landing page software

iContact Reviews - Page 4

201-500 employees

Simple, straight-forward and excellent support!

Pros

The software makes it very easy to organize our templates and campaigns so we can continue to improve based on what we've done in the past. It also makes it collect all email for a certain department in a single folder and manage the access and sends for that folder. The best part about iContact though, is the people. We have an amazing rep who helps us with everything from template ideas to strategy and deliverability. They are always available as a resource and offer guidance on random areas that, as a fairly new email team, has proven invaluable.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is the requirement to include their footer on every message. It does help with ensuring each message has the required unsub and physical address etc. but our team builds those into our main template designs already and we end up needing to tweak templates before putting into iContact.

Hi there and thanks for your review! We're so glad our product and our amazing support and services team are helping you to send out successful email marketing campaigns! As for the footer, we do our best to make sure we are complying with all the rules and regulations surrounding our industry and that requires us to include an unsubscribe link and a few other details in every message. We are happy to help you customize the footer to be a bit more to your liking - feel free to reach out to your rep or our support team to get started. https://www.icontact.com/email-design-services.

11-50 employees

IContact makes it easy to manage subscribers and create emails. Support team is very helpful.

Pros

Multiple email templates. Easy to set up automated workflows and new campaigns. List segmenting. Social media integration

Cons

Can't be integrated with PPC. Lacking some basic capabilities overall. Image upload quality isn't great.

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! It sounds like you are signed up for one of our iContact Pro accounts. We are happy to hear that you're easily able to set up automated workflows. We like this feature so much that we are bringing automation to our iContact accounts as well! We are always looking for new ways to improve our product, and we would love to hear some of your ideas. Please let our helpful support team know what capabilities you would like to see incorporated, so that we can ensure they are taken into account while we plan future releases.

Entertainment,

Perfect Platform For Our Email Marketing Needs!

We received a great deal of assistance and support from our Pro Strategic Advisor. She has been with us diligently every step of the way and we are very thankful for all of the help she has provided to our team! We are very fond of the workflow automation capabilities and the audience metrics. We are also looking forward to taking advantage of the Salesforce integration capabilities in the near future!

Pros

Our marketing team has been using iContact for about a year now and we are very impressed with customer support! We love the accessibility of being able to direct our inquiries to a friendly and extremely helpful rep. All of our questions are answered and resolved in a timely manner, which has made for a very smooth learning curve. We are big fans of the custom workflows, which has had a huge impact on our campaign execution and efficiency.

Cons

The templates can seem limited at first, but the more time you spend with the platform, the more apt you are to find ways customize layouts and design.

Thank you for writing this review! It is wonderful to know that you have been so impressed with our customer support. They truly are a fantastic group of people who are dedicated to giving our customers the best experience possible. We also appreciate your feedback regarding templates seeming limited at first. Though we are happy that you have learned how to better customize templates, we will also pass this feedback along to our Product Management team so that it can be reviewed for possible updates in a future release.

AT

Abby T.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Innovative

Tracking reports and excellent database health of subscribers. I know my database is safe with I-Contact.

Pros

I talked my Manager out of switching to another email platform because I-Contact beats the competition! Easy set up and ease of use. The customer support is superb! Price is good!

Cons

Could be more integrated with WordPress plugins for email capture forms. Could provide more unique responsive templates.

Hello Abby. Thank you so much for talking your Manager into staying with iContact! We truly appreciate your loyalty, and will continue to work to exceed your expectations. We also appreciate your feedback regarding WordPress plugins. We are looking into different integration options now, and are happy to take your suggestion into account during this process.

AP

Anthony P.

Environmental Services, 201-500 employees

Very good product

excellent

Pros

Ease of use, It is a reliable tool for our business

Cons

I can't think of anything negative right now

Thank you for your great review!

Younes B.

Publishing, 11-50 employees

It really harness the power of inbox

It's an easy to use software no doubt, their pricing is affordable. I am happy using the product.

Pros

The templates and the drag and drop editor.

Cons

The inability of applying some CSS & HTML tricks and shenanigans in their editor.

Hello Younes, Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback for us, we greatly appreciate it. All the best, Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager

Alexandra G.

Overall really great experience. We have used iContact for over 3 years.

Pros

The customer service is always great and very responsive. I like the pre-made templates that come prebuilt.

Cons

Sometimes the editor has issues with formatting and fonts. There are some basic design features that I would like to be more flexible such as being able to wrap texts and do soft returns.

Hello Alexandra, It¿s great that you have enjoyed using our pre-made templates! We are continuing to add new templates to help make your job as an email marketer even easier. Thank you for your input on how we can improve our new email editor. We have made improvements that will allow you to select the line height that you would like to use in your message. An easier way to wrap text is something that is on our radar as a potential feature to consider adding in the future.

GZ

Gina Z.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Great emails & great service

Easy to use, great services, great customer service

Pros

The design team and the ease of designing an email blast is great. You can make a design template in a matter of minutes, and if you need something fancy, you contact the design team and they will do it for you!

Cons

I have never had any issues with this software and have nothing negative to say. Great software that I continue to use!

Gina, thank you for being such a loyal customer and for taking the time to leave such a positive review. The team is excited to hear that you're seeing so much value with the easy-to-use interface, as well as with the on-call design team (when needed). We value your feedback, so please feel free to reach out anytime with questions or suggestions. Thanks!

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

iContact has kept my business going

I have made more than 5,000 new customers in the last 4 years through iContact. It is what it says. I Contact customers and they buy. iContact has opened up my communication lines with all of Greece (my country) so everyone in Greece is now a potential customer through the use of iContact.

Pros

Ease of use, it gets better and better through various improvements. It delivers thousands of emails in no time. The stuff do have an understanding of what a businessman really needs and they can track with that.

Cons

The photos in the templates could be larger and more impressive.

Hello, Thank you for leaving this wonderful and detailed feedback for us, we very much appreciate it! All the best, Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager

We have had an excellent experience with iContact

The helped greatly with our list hygiene.

Pros

The personal representatives are really good and have really helped us a lot. The meetings are very informative and were come away with good tips on which to follow up.

Cons

The costs of this software is very high for us. Unfortunately we do not have a great engagement rate so this is an out of pocket cost that does not earn as much as we spend.

Thanks for reviewing iContact. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your calls with your strategist. And our dedication to maintaining the industry's best deliverability rate means that we're always helping our customers maintain great list hygiene - it's a key ingredient to effective email marketing. It sounds like there is room to either grow your list or explore other strategies to generate...

Kyle B.

51-200 employees

Stellar drag & drop editing with automatic mobile optimization

The biggest problem we're solving is time spent on producing emails. We send a lot of various emails to our multiple website databases (including various sub-groups within each website database) and we can't afford to spend tons of time producing these emails when there are so many other production tasks we need to fulfill. Building emails used to be one of the more time-consuming projects we deal with. They are taken care of much faster now that we have the simple-to-use email builder.

Pros

I've worked with several email newsletter marketing programs during my time in media and iContact is hands-down my favorite thus far. The drag & drop editor makes shuffling around content easy and better yet, the templates automatically reformat for optimized mobile consumption. The emails look great on both desktop and mobile devices and we're not even spending additional time preparing that optimized mobile format. Our strategic advisor is also very responsive when we need assistance and offers a lot of insight into the analytics and trends of our databases.

Cons

The only thing I wish we had was direct 2-way communication between our business website member databases and the iContact lists for synchronized newsletter opt-in status. Subscriptions get communicated from our website to iContact, but unsubscribes from the emails sent by iContact do not get communicated back to the member profile on our website.

JH

Jack H.

Banking, 1-10 employees

Great customization, easy setup, intuitive interface on this targeted marketing campaign.

iContact makes my marketing fast and easy. It frees up a lot of time to work on loan files. I do a lot less cold calling because the phones ring.

Pros

iContact has quick and easy to set up emails, timed releases, reasonable pricing, and a good interface. It makes my advertising quicker and easier than before.

Cons

The setup for each email broadcast takes a bit of time at first, but gets quicker with each new ad. After getting through the learning curve, it seems easy.

Hi Jack. We are thrilled to hear that you have been able to use iContact's quick and easy email setup to get contacts calling you! Freeing up your time for other projects is exactly what we hope to provide to all of our customers. Thank you for the feedback related to the initial learning curve. We plan to put in some work to improve the entire on-boarding experience, ideally cutting this learning curve and allowing new customers to become pros at using iContact even faster!

PM

Paul M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Mostly a positive experience

Excellent for producing our email alerts.

Pros

Relatively easy to use, not too many quirks, etc. Easy to bring in text, heads and pix. Especially easy to work off prior templates, which is very important for me considering the big con below.

Cons

It was redesigned about a year ago and I absolutely hate it. I continue to use older templates because when I've tried to use the new ones, even with Live Chat help, I can't make heads or tails out of it. Maybe it's me? Maybe not. But I realize iContact was trying to get more "with the times," and update the SW, but it's just not in the least big user friendly.

Hello Paul. We are very glad to hear that you find iContact easy to use, and particularly working off of prior templates. Anytime we make a major change to the platform we allow customers to remain on the previous version for a period of time so that they can take their time to get used to the changes. Thank you for your feedback regarding difficulty learning to use the new email editor. We would love a chance to help you get more familiar with it. Please reach out to our support team via phone at 877-968-3996.

JW

Jennifer W.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

iContact is a very user friendly platform. It meets all of our business needs and more!

Easy to use Great analytics Great tech support Sign up forms and welcome messages

Pros

A couple of things make iContact exceptional. The ease of creating/designing an email blast is amazing, whether I am creating from scratch or utilizing their templates. I also love their sign up forms. Our company uses them for contests/giveaways and it will automatically add them to the list of your choice, making the count and drawing portion of the contest easy.

Cons

There aren't too many things that I don't like about iContact, but about the only complaint or even a suggestion would be to enable a feature so that you can send out an email individually.

Henry R.

A feature rich email marketing site.

Pros

The site is very simple to use for the beginning email marketer but has plenty of flexibility for a more experienced user. Having the ability to use my own HTML for emails was key, as was having the ability to see who clicked links and what pages of my website they went to.

Cons

I have found that the landing page editor was difficult to learn and didn't have the flexibility I wanted. I did however use the embedded frame feature to get around that.

Hello Henry, Thank you so much for this feedback. Our site is designed to be as easy as possible for new users to pick up, while allowing experienced users the ability to perform more advanced functions. Customers can work with our pre-designed themes and layouts to create emails or use their own HTML code like you! I see that you are on our iContact Pro platform which allows you to create Landing Pages. The learning curve for this feature is a bit steep, but the good news is that we are always looking at ways to improve upon it. I am happy to hear you were able to work around the issues you encountered, but we hope to make this process even smoother in the future.

JS

Judith S.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

IContact is an Essential Tool for Communicating with Our Congregation

My experience had been very positive. Customer Support, when needed, is very responsive and helpful.

Pros

I enjoy its ease of use and the ability to use graphics to add interest to our newsletter. The Dashboard is a wonderful tool. I love being able to schedule the publication date and time (with the time zone verification) and the feature that lets me see how the newsletter will appear on a PC and on a smart phone.

Cons

The unsubscribe button is located on the left top corner of the email. Subscribers who are closing the message have sometimes inadvertently unsubscribed. It is also not obvious to some readers when the message has been clipped. If the reader’s newsletter is clipped and they don’t see the entire message, the Dashboard does not register that as an “open.” The clipped message should be located in a more visible location. It would be great if these issues could be corrected.

Judith, Thank you for your review! It means a lot to us.

BH

Brian H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Be sure to cancel -- they auto-renew

There are other more-integrated models that make work more efficient. I would recommend those models instead of iContact. The features all work, but applications like Network for Good make things easier, faster, more efficient for me.

Pros

Things worked fine. If you don't use the software frequently, it can be hard to master. I wish the layout was a bit easier to work with, but it is not terrible. The platform does what it says it can do in the advertising.

Cons

I had to double enter a lot of info with my fundraising software and then to i-contact. There was a lack of integration that I found frustrating. Leaving iContact was a pain also. My organization signed a contract for annual subscription, so I assumed we would have to re-upp at the end of each year. That is pretty typical. It turned out though, the fine print of the contract says that customers must specifically put in a cancellation in writing. Even though the charity I worked with started using another service, iContact demanded payment for a period of time after we had made the switch. I personally found that in poor taste. Other subscription models I am familiar with don't do that. Be better than that, iContact.

Hello Brian, Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback for us, we will most definitely have an in depth review of the items that you raised here. All the best, Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager

CC

Chris C.

Pretty good platform!

We are able to send mass e-mails on a tight budget.

Pros

iContact is really good at the basics. It's easy to get mass e-mails out to people, and it's a good cost on the platform. It has great customer service, a good amount of templates, and does well at spam-checking.

Cons

iContact has a decent learning curve. Be prepared to train people that are going to use it. Also, if you are running multiple lists, people count for each list. So if you have 100 subscribers subscribed to 2 different list, iContact will count it as 200 subscribers. Not a bad thing, just something to be aware of when pricing.

Hi Chris! We are happy to see that you have been utilizing our spam check tool. This is a great way for customers to determine how likely their message is to be viewed as spam by your contacts' email provider. We also appreciate your feedback about the learning curve. Our goal is to make this curve as small as possible. In the upcoming months we plan to spend some time working with the on-boarding experience for new users to better help us accomplish this goal. Thank you so much for your feedback!

Theo S.

I have tripled my production since I have been using iContact.

Pros

Ease of Use, Reliability. I have managed to increase my clients many, many times and have managed to increase my production.

Cons

I cannot get my emails out of the lists very easily (only 200 at a time). I only have 10 segments available for special lists or research and this is not so good.

Hello Theo, We are so happy to hear that you have seen a big increase in clients and production from using iContact! Thank you so much for your feedback regarding contacts. Our developers are hard at work on updating our contact management design. Once it is released please be sure to follow up with any feedback, good or bad, that you have on the new process using our Help Portal: https://app.icontact.com/icp/core/help/en-us

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Easy and Efficient

Pros

The user experience is very easy to use. I also like the selection of templates (They are very current to industry standards)

Cons

When creating your own HTML code, sometimes there are glitches ( specifically in column adjustments, and embedding special commands) .

We appreciate your review! We are excited to hear that you are enjoying the selection and ease of use of our templates. Our goal was to provide our customers with inspiration, and a quick way to get started creating messages. Thank you for your feedback about glitches when creating your own HTML. This information is being shared with our Product Management team so that it can be reviewed for possible updates. Thank you for being a long time customer!

LH

Linda H.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

Customer Support has been quick to respond and provide the information needed

Ease in maintaining our email lists and staying in contact with our clients and subscribers.

Pros

Ease of use and flexibility in how it can be used. Whenever we have needed to make changes or add features the support staff have always been there to assist. Their ability to online conferencing and screen sharing makes the support easier to follow along.

Cons

When we have needed to add images the available space provided is usually smaller then we would like to use. Upgrading to the icontact pro had a learning curve but the support was available whenever needed

Hi Linda! It makes us happy to hear that you have enjoyed both the ease of use and flexibility that iContact offers. Our goal is to ensure new customers can quickly learn to use our product, while continuing to allow the flexibility of message creation that our more experience customers enjoy. Thank you for the feedback about allowing for additional image space as well. We will pass this along to our Product Management team so that it can be reviewed for possible updates in a future release.

JC

Judy C.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

I truly loved the OLD IContact. But now it is much more complicated.

I used to get the ease of having templates already created and we just filled them in. Now I do not see as many benefits.

Pros

That it is easy to add new contacts and tells us when a contact no longer wants our emails. This is a great plus

Cons

That all the pre made sheets have been deleted. I used those all the time. And the old emails that I did have aren't all there. It is very frustrating for me to have to create a completely new newsletter each and every time I want to send out an email. We have sent out far less emails since this was all changed. We were sending out one a week, most of the time. Now we are lucky to send out one a month.

Hello Judy. Thank you for being a long time customer! It is great to hear that you have been utilizing our notification system so that iContact can tell you when contacts no longer want your emails. Getting this information in real time can be so helpful to your business, and allows you to keep any internal records up to date. Thank you as well for the feedback about templates. We did recently update...

SW

Samuel W.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

iContact for Email Marketing Optimization

iContact enables me to save time by creating marketing emails via drag and drop functionality.

Pros

Through iContact, I am able to automatically create, personalize and send high volume outbound marketing emails.Managing email deliverability is another great thing that I like about iContact.

Cons

It’s been years with iContact and I face zero errors when using it.

Thank you for the awesome review!

PM

Paul M.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Great Service - Good Product

We love our rep and has made our experience wonderful!

Pros

There are so many things to like about iContact. Since I've never had a competing product, I don't know what I don't know about the competitors and what they offer.

Cons

My longstanding beef has been w/what happens when we hit our limit w/subscribers or whatever. It has been years since this happened, but it happened 2-3 times and it was very upsetting. Basically, we got no notifications, emails, calls, etc. Our account was just shut off until we figured it out. Hopefully this has been fixed, but for an email company not emailing us... very bad.

Michelle M.

11-50 employees

I use iContact every day for work.

Pros

It's easy to use! iContact eliminates duplicate recipients. I love the tracking system on my email campaigns.

Cons

I understand changes and updates are necessary but for every change iContact makes - it slows me down in my marketing campaign composing.

Hi Michelle, We are so happy to hear that you love using our tracking system! It's so important for businesses to not only send emails to their contacts, but keep track of what happens to them after the send button has been pressed. You make a very good point, there is always a bit of a learning curve when changes are released into the system. This feedback has been noted so that we can take it into account as we work on new features going forward.