Semrush Reviews

4.7

1.8K

1,291

How would you rate Semrush?

Pros

The other excellent feature that I found exclusive to SEM rush was PPC competitor tracking. Knowing what competitors are bidding on is beyond the realm of a usual SEO software and is a great addition.

SK

Sunaina K.

It includes a site health grade, all the Errors/Warnings, and gives ideas on how to make improvements on the site. I also love love love the automated reporting.

Although AHref is the best, but semrush is so far the second best. Has everything that AHref have, and happy for it.

Nell V.

Cons

Everything has been a frustrating struggle. Many features that are included with the starter level of other online SEO platforms cost extra with SEMrush.

MV

Michael V.

SEMRush has been horrible to learn and work with. Nothing is intuitive or user-friendly.

MV

Michael V.

It's sad that I would have to pay almost half of my subscription price just to have a second user be able to access our account.

BD

Brennan D.

1,814 reviews

Destiny E.

Marketing Communications Director

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

I love SEMrush

Transcript

Destiny E.: Hi, I'm Destiny, and I'm an internal communications director, and I give Semrush a four out...

SEMrush Review

Transcript

Kyle: Hi, there. My name is Kyle. I'm a videographer. I give SEMrush a four out of five rating. For more...

Best Software for website visibility and target audience

It solved our SEO problem by creating a friendly website and content that is more engaging. We've also been able to identify keywords for our PPC campaigns as well as track the ones that our competition is using.

Pros

I love having the option to do a site audit, particularly since, supposing that I execute changes and I don't know whether I did it accurately, the site audit will quickly let me know if I did. Semrush is the most exceptional web application loaded with devices for watchword revelation, rank following, and on-page auditing It covers all the web vitals expected to rank top in the web crawlers. I love its itemized revealing dashboard, which features every one of the basic subtleties and gives important bits of knowledge. Besides, it offers a liberal free arrangement first that incorporates all fundamental highlights including contender investigation and email cautions. It's the most have application to remain ahead in the field of cutting-edge site design improvement.

Cons

It only provides keywords that our competitors are using. The pro version is quite expensive per month and if you're not earning more money you may lose your subscription. The dashboard provides good insight but it loads slowly.

SEMrush is a must-have

The overall experience has been extremely helpful & positive. This has helped us launch additional products & services for our customers and deliver exceptional value.

Pros

Great access to data, the new Trends report is a nice feature. Ranking & benchmarking are great and the ability to manage all facets of the search campaigns from each project is very helpful. The resource library and certifications are great as well.

Cons

- Limited customizations of the reports (more pre-set templates/galleries would be nice & the ability to make changes to all reports in a group at once would help) - An aggregate dashboard would be helpful (to see the performance of all locations within an organization) - Each individual data set should be exportable into a PDF - or the ability to add a performance metric/visualization to the reports by adding it as a widget to the reporting library)

Hey Eric! Thank you for sharing your experience; we're more than happy to know that the overall experience with Semrush has been extremely helpful & positive. We want to kindly ask you to DM us via social media channels with your Semrush account email so we can put the cons you've listed to the radar of our product teams. Thanks in advance!

Facilidad para comprender datos

Pros

Los datos que te devuelve son fáciles de leer y de buscar dentro de la interfaz

Cons

Lo considero un poco caro para lo que es (desde mi punto de vista y las funcionalidades que yo uso), hay opciones mas baratas

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Hi there! Thank you for the feedback. Our pricing follows industry standard models, but we of course would love customers from all over the world to be able to afford to use Semrush for their tasks. Please keep in mind that you can always DM us with your contact info so that we can help you to identify the right subscription level for your needs.

My CRITICAL Tool for All Things SEO

I love it. I made a decision years ago to go with Semrush as my #1 tool for SEO and I have not regretted that decision at all.

Pros

I love how they are constantly adding new and very helpful tools as well as data to their platform. I feel like the value continues to grow as I use the platform.

Cons

There are a few things that I wish didn't cost extra to use.... such as the Agency platform.

Incredible tool for SEO research

Overall, SEMrush has been a game-changer for my SEO strategy. It's saved me a ton of time and guesswork about which keywords to target, and I've been able to help my clients grow their organic traffic more efficiently.

Pros

The most valuable part of SEMrush for me is the Keyword Magic Tool. I love that I can easily view related keywords and get suggestions for more competitive keywords that weren't on my radar yet. Volume and Keyword Difficulty are the metrics I use the most. They have helped me rank on the first page of Google for clients with certain keywords. In addition, the Intent feature is really helpful for knowing why people are searching for a particular keyword.

Cons

I do wish the Keyword Magic Tool would bring up more suggestions sometimes. For example, I might search a keyword that popped up on Google suggestions but that SEMrush shows no data for. It would be helpful if the software brought up any related keywords even if there's no data for the exact wording I'm using. However, this is a small nickpick. The other tough pill to swallow is the price. I'm a solopreneur, so paying the monthly fee for Pro is steep. However, I do think their pricing is competitive with other tools.

Semrush Review

As an SEO expert with 5 years of experience, Semrush remains my best SEO tool because it gives an in-depth analysis of all the data it provides. Features such as the Keywords research, domain analysis, site audit and support are second to none compared to their counterparts.

Pros

Though Semrush is packed with a lot of useful features compared to other SEO tools out there but Domain Analysis is a feature that I like most because it gives an in-depth insight into what the competitors are all about; their domain score, monthly traffic, all the keywords they're being rank for and search intent behind those keywords.

Cons

These are the two downsides I discovered about Semrush: 1. Semrush gather its data through the Google search engine alone. Other search engines should be put into consideration. 2. Semrush is not mobile-friendly.

A must have for international KW research and online business intelligence

Great experience for KW research and competitors' research.

Pros

Great KW DB and international support. Easy structure and KW export functionality - lets the user free to use the tool as one wants - without forcing any pre-constructed process or approach to KW research and SEO.

Cons

Excessive pricing fragmentation and not a great value for money when it comes to specific KWs one can track.

Hi Matteo! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us; we're excited to hear that you find our tool as a must-have for keyword research!

Best SEO Product On the Market

Overall this is a simple to use program and I am sure that with a bit more training I can become even better at using it. It can do WAY more than I even know and the price is extremely fair.

Pros

The keyword research tools are constantly updated and always give me accurate results.

Cons

I wish there was a more robust and easier way to find keywords for my content ideas. For example, I want to find out the most searched-for terms related to "Summer Crafts" and I am just not sure how to find them.

Hey Annie! Thank you for sharing your feedback. You can easily find keywords for your content ideas using our Keyword Magic tool! You can find more details here: https://www.semrush.com/blog/keyword-research-with-semrush-keyword-magic/. Hope it helps!

Semrush is my go to tool

We use semrush for SEO research and automated reports. It is extremely handy to have and one tool I do not think we could go without!

Pros

It has many handy features and tools that make SEO management a breeze. The automated reports for clients are absolutely amazing to have.

Cons

It is a bit expensive but it is feature-packed and the support is always fast so I am happy with it.

Semrush The tool that analyzes your competition

Semrush It's perfect for professionals, advertising agencies, market researchers, business owners and those interested in improving their brand's presence on the Internet. In my company is used for SEO, Website Traffic Analysis and understanding the behavior of website visitors, Keyword planning and analyze our website in comparison to competitors

Pros

I like Semrush as it is a tool designed to streamline and facilitate digital marketing activities. Semrush It is an excellent tool to analyze SEO and the competition, and to know the state of your web positioning. I like that it consists of several tools, it helps to search for keywords, it allows us to know about the strategies of the competitors. Its great advantage is that it is one of the few platforms that offers a multitude of variable data, showing you in a very visual way, which facilitates analysis and evaluation tasks.

Cons

It is so rich in features that I sometimes get lost. The Keyword magic can be confused, and in my opinion, it is a bit expensive for what it offers, if you offered more tools the price would be justified.

Hi Robert! Thank you for this wonderful and very detailed review! We're more than happy to read about your experience with Semrush and improvements you make while performing competitor research with our toolkit. Please note that our pricing follows industry standard models, and we offer three different subscription levels based on functionality just as you've mentioned. Moreover, if our Keyword Magic tool seems a little confusing to you, you can always reach out to us via mail@semrush.com or drop us a message on Twitter or Facebook so that we can share your feedback with our product team. Thank you in advance!

De las mejores herramientas de Marketing pero muy cara

Como herramienta los más de 4 años que la hemos usado nos ha satisfecho mucho, pero llega un momento que no la utilizamos tanto ya que también tenemos ahref, si tris y screamingfrog, y el gasto ya se nos hace muy elevado

Pros

Tiene un conjunto muy completo de aplicaciones tanto para web y redes sociales, aunque la mitad no las uso porque nos dedicamos más al ppc y SEO

Cons

Es un gasto muy caro para nuestra agencia y por eso hemos decidido buscar otras herramientas más asequibles que cubren nuestra tarea

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Hi Ivan! Thank you for the feedback. We of course would love customers from all over the world to be able to afford using Semrush for their tasks. We don't want to see you go - we'd love to connect 1:1 to help you to identify the optimal package for your needs. And you can always use our free plan, it is limited but still could be helpful!

An SEO platform that grows in strength and capability

After almost a decade of using SEMrush, I can't recommend it highly enough. For a serious marketing research, it should be an essential component. There are many different types of data available in SEMrush. Being able to turn data into actionable KPIs is essential. SEMrush provides you with the information you need to make wise decisions and to do so daily. When it comes to creating a website, there are a lot of moving parts. With so many data points, creating a visual model is essential if you want to use the information proactively. SEMrush gives me the tools I need to improve the performance, speed, and intelligence of my websites.

Pros

Any software has both internal and external benefits. On the exterior, I like to see good design, good navigation, and a good rate of work. It has one of the largest keyword databases among similar tools, as well as all the essential configurations like keyword magic tools that allow you to add stop words and all the other features that a current SEO tool should have. To keep our SEM and SEO teams...

Cons

A lot of expertise and attention is required because the product's UI is so simple to use. A class of keywords may be necessary if you are new to digital marketing or SEO. Ultimately, it's not a huge problem. SEMrush has one flaw that irked me. At any given moment, you can only have one account open in your browser. When someone else logs in using the same account as you, you can't get back in.

Hello there! Thank you very much for your detailed review & for sharing your concerns. In our ToS, we state that each account allows limited number of devices and locations for simultaneous login - otherwise, our security system is triggered since more logins could mean unauthorised access. To prevent third parties from accessing your data, the account is logged out and you will have to restore the password.

Semrush is the critical

SEMRUSH dramatically changed how we do business from a marketing standpoint. The marketing insight into our competitors is something we analyze daily.

Pros

The feature that impacted our business was the keyword research capabilities. This has solved the major rework problem when you find yourself chasing a bad keyword down a rabbit whole of frustration and time lot. Semrush solve this problem.

Cons

Hope for more content marketing features like the SEMRUSH version of their jarvisa.ai. SEMRUSH needs to build a similar tool and challenge the Jarvis community and charge 1/2 the price. This would give them more of a marketing edge

A Must Have Tool For Marketers

I have been using Semrush for over two years now and I cannot imagine my professional life without it. It is a really basic but essential part of our marketing growth.

Pros

The ease of use and the simplicity of the UX are unparalleled to other tools out there. The depth of features is also great and I love the fact that it does such a good training job to make things easy.

Cons

The reports and downloads are not too customizable which adds an extra layer of effort.

SEMRush Rocks

Overall, I am happy and have found many uses for this software. I want better reporting for the nearly $230/month our small company pays though.

Pros

Support on the Rep side, instant data points with a single click, simple reporting

Cons

Some features have been removed with the price changes, mainly in the reporting section - Reporting is important in my industry and SEMRush has removed many of the options here for small business to take advantage of your reporting services due to the price point being too high on the "next level up."

The Standard for SEO Project Management

I am very happy with the power that Semrush provides for managing, aggregating and reporting on SEO and related digital data. This is a top-tier offering in the space and has shown continual improvements and innovation over the years. I will continue to support and use Semrush in our business practice.

Pros

Semrush continues to evolve and improve their software which is good news for SEO practitioners. The platform contains a LOT of features, many of which you may not ever require. Because it is feature rich, there is a learning curve that goes with using the software. But once you have that understanding in hand, Semrush offers great value for SEO and related digital marketing services.

Cons

Many new elements of the platform feel under baked. Have to pay to use each feature feels disingenuous...do I get no acknowledgement of using the software for over five years now? It would be nice to "test drive" new functions to determine if they offer value in the process. Having to pull out a credit card continually to add more data, or additional users, or test new features can bloat the price tag for Semrush considerably. Finally, having to reach out to Customer Service each time to you need to reconfigure your services is unnecessary in this era of SaaS -- improve the backend account management tool so users can "see" what they are paying for, please.

Solid all-in-one for marketers

Pros

Semrush offers pretty much everything you need to handle digital marketing and SEO. The feature-set is massive, from social posting and link disavowals to site health.

Cons

Semrush is a pretty classic "all-in-one" – jack of all trades, master of none. We routinely have to look at specialist software to get REALLY deep in any one area, but Semrush easily covers the 30-, 20- and 15,000-foot views.

Hello! Thank you for your feedback! We were happy to know that our tool saved you some time.

#1 Agency Competitor and Market Analysis Tool

SEMrush allows me and my team to keep up to date with digital marketing trends, news, and content. When it comes to competitor and market research, SEMrush is my go-to digital strategy tool to perform this process in a timely and efficient manner. Also, the keyword research tool makes my keyword planning more efficient and productive.

Pros

SEMrush has helped our onboarding process smoother and more efficient as we have available significant insights into our new client's market and competitive landscape. Having all this data available straight away allows to focus on higher-level tasks rather than investing much time in regular research activity. Also, the resources section is the best. You guys show expertise through your courses and blogs.

Cons

I would suggest that there is a different sign-in scheme for agencies, for example, instead of signing in with one user, there should be an account type that allows an admin to grant user access to others while still being under the same plan. This will save time by not having to share credentials and keep resetting passwords.

comprehensive SEO Marketing Tool For Business Clients

Semrush is a comprehensive and easy to use marketing tool set that provides business owners and marketing managers with all the essential information they need. The magic of Semrush is that it allows to track our competitors' exact SEO strategies, read their back-links profile and see what keywords they are ranking for in the search engines. This way, we can easily replicate their results and outrank them by implementing these strategies Ourself.

Pros

Semrush is the all-in-one marketing tool for search optimization. It helps to find best opportunities on the Internet, beat our competitors and stay ahead of Google search. It is a powerful and versatile suite of marketing tools designed to help search engine marketers and webmasters drive traffic, generate leads, and monitor their digital marketing campaigns. The SEMrush pro edition enables to take our SEO efforts to the next level with access to more data for better keyword research, content marketing tracking, local rankings monitoring and more.

Cons

No issue faced, It is best competitive research tool allowing people to track their keywords' positions on search engines.

A real tresor of Content marketing strategy tool!

In my experience in getting accurate data, I always need to utilize the right instrument. My approach's success depends on the correctness of the data i'm willing to collet, insights, and intelligence. For keyword research, backlink analysis, and competitor analysis, Semrush was a critical choice and so the right tool. To get results, I'm always searching for trustworthy data and actionable insights. That what makes Semrush my go-to tool for content research and optimization. As such, an SEO strategy must be comprehensive.

Pros

When it comes to search engine optimization, digital marketing, and business intelligence, Semrush is the one-stop solution for all of your requirements. Semrush allows me to get a better understanding of my customers or targets' demographics, such as their age, gender, and location, so that I can provide them with the most appropriate products and services. Day after day I'm more and more surprised to learn that spamming backlinks might do more harm than good to my search engine rankings. The Semrush Backlink Audit tool was the best assist for me in identifying and removing them, as well as a variety of other harmful elements. IMO all options are reasonably priced, with the exception of the Semrush Pro plan, which is prohibitively expensive for small and medium-sized businesses.

Cons

The product's friendly UI takes some expertise and awareness. Beginning SEO and digital marketing learners might take a cours on technical keywords, but overall it's not that big of a problem. What I didn't like the most about Semrush is that you can only log into one account at a time. However, if you share it and someone else logs in with the same account, the original user loses access. It would be nice if Semrush could fix this issue and notify any future users of unauthorized access.

Swiss Army Knife of SEO Tools

Overall I'd say an 8 out of 10. Customer service is good, the tools are powerful and data-rich and help me make powerful conclusions.

Pros

The UX, range of tools and insights are great. This is a really powerful tool. I love the projects and the ability to manage backlinks and cleanups. The content management is very nifty too!

Cons

I dislike the fact you've to spend $100 dollars per month to get white label SEO reports. Also, I'm not too keen on the sales guys pushing new deals and not supporting old deals (a few friends have experienced this). Previous I wanted to upgrade to an annual plan and essentially I'd lose some of the benefits I had, that didn't make sense.

Hello! Thank you for sharing your feedback! The revised pricing model includes either new features or alters additional to main tier product's prices. However, we always value our loyal customers and provide them with the unique opportunity to stay on the same level of subscription for the same price! - Ed

Die Rund-um-Sorglos SEO Software

Mit Semrush haben wir erstmals einen umfangreichen Einblick in die Markt- und Wettbewerbssituation erhalten. Die Ableitung von Keywordrecherche zur SEO-Texterstellung ist sehr einfach gehalten und überzeugt immer wieder aufs Neue. Den größten Gewinn gab uns das On- und Offpage SEO Audit. So konnten wir große Fehler in Minuten ausfindig machen und korrigieren.

Pros

Am besten gefällt mir das Preis-Leistungsverhältnis der Softwarelösung Semrush. Semrush bietet uns alle Features, die wir für unsere Keywordrecherche und tägliches SEO benötigen.

Cons

Die Navigation könnte etwas einfacher sein, um den Workflow zwischen den einzelnen Komponenten zu erleichtern.

Showing original review in German. See translation

You can't drive blind

I admit to get the most out of SEMRush, I had to spend some time with it and I can tell you that after three years, I don't know all of it. Yet with all that complexity, you can get a project up and running and become useful in a matter of minutes.

Pros

Go deep into a URL and discover the good, bad and ugly of SEO on a project. There are very few platforms that hold up and deliver on the promises made. SEMRush is one. This one works and it works for my company.

Cons

Like any SEO platform we sometimes get false positive results and there never seems to be a rhyme or reason for it. But I am nit picking.

Rank with Semrush

Let's suppose you have a blog. You are adding information and content, but you have no traffic and no idea where you exist in search engines. Semrush TOGETHER with a SEO Optimiser like Yoast SEO and better with Gramarly, will give you immediately a 'map' where you rank and what to do. This is a good tool, not so many 'how to do SEO' articles like Ahrefs, but really OK. However - don't expect to see results fast. You will be happy to see that your page exist in google, even in top 20 for a keyword, your rank grow from 0.16 to 0.17 , and your estimated traffic is 0.002 visits / month!

Pros

Semrush has a huge database for keyword search. However, there are many cases the Magic Keyword Tool doesn't bring results even for not-so-long-tail or unusual keywords. If you want to rank your website fast this is a correct tool with reasonable price. Daily reports show your best ranking pages. Then you can fine-tune text to help your best pages to go up in Google Top 3,10,20 and top 100. That...

Cons

Daily reports are giving errors that are not errors and someone needs to know the site well to understand . There is also a robots.txt report error, that I found it was not really an error of the site. The Keyword Difficulty tool, is impressive but (in my case ) never gave me a useful information. That is becasue, the 'easy to rank ' keywords, don't have traffic. The keywords with traffic are all red - practically impossible to rank And the middle list of medium difficulty is empty - not even long tail words are there. That is a serious problem with the tool.

SEMRush Vastly Improves SEO Efforts and is Worth the Investment

Overall, SEMRush has allowed great value for us and our clients. We are able to take action and improve websites and SERP rankings, and provide a resource to content writers to find a good balance between great content and SEO friendly content. Every serious business looking for growth should be using SEMRush or a similar product as they reveal a lot about your website.

Pros

I have enjoyed that SEMRush has continued to add features to its product offering. This helps consolidate software and accounts being used, staying within one platform, and adding value to building SEO audits, reports, and the ability to pivot and make changes with all of the information in one platform. There are equal competitors out there but most require you to subscribing to individual products from different companies to achieve what SEMRush can accomplish.

Cons

There's not much to dislike about SEMRush. The only true con that I dislike about SEMRush is the pricing around adding users. For the price you pay, and the size of teams needing access to the platform, I can't find the justification of the pricing for adding users to that extent for the majority of companies that would use the platform. I think 2 or 3 users to an account should be a no brainer and...