Canva Logo

Graphic design & video editing tool for web and print

Canva Reviews

Suggested alternatives

lucidchart
flipsnack
elementor

And, best of all if you are an educator you can apply for an education license giving you all the benefits of a pro version of Canva. Finally, Canva has amazing customer support.
Super easy to use and learn, and the pro version adds a lot of extra features. Background remover is easily the best feature and worth the price if you do your own product photos.
You are able to change the text, colors, and layouts. It has been such a wonderful experience that I highly recommend this to anyone who owns a business and needs help with social media posts.
There is a problem with Arabic text when exporting the photo. It makes the design has a bad look and there is a problem with the pixels.
Sometimes it will crash or slow down without warning while I am working on a more graphically-intense project, such as an animated image.
I hate the fact that we have to pay for certain fonts... thats very annoying and having to pay in general.

11,890 reviews

Andrew R P.

Director of Children's Ministires

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Flawless Graphic Design and Layout

Transcript

Andrew P.: Hi, I'm Andrew. I'm a pastor in the United Methodist Church, and I give Canva a five out of...

Drew B.

Graphic Design Specialist

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Great Scalability Solution

Transcript

Drew: Hi, my name is Drew. I'm a graphic design specialist. My industry is the sales and media communication...

Site A.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Canva General Review

Canva is to my opinion the best software that can be used to create and publish any graphic design on the go. Publishing on social media has never been that easy, no need to calculate the image dimensions (Width x Height) set by different social media platforms... Canva does that automatically for you.

Pros

- Canva is so easy to use with beautiful and instinctive UI design, great user experience too. - It has a free version with readily available design templates which just needs to be customized according to your liking. - It's a relatively cheap software compared to others in the same category. - Canva has mobile applications too where you can create designs on the go and it syncs all your created...

Cons

- Repetitive designs might be found across the web as everyone uses the same design templates.

DD

DAYSE D.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

I really like the App because of its practicality.

For the most part, I think it’s an essential application for anyone who works with the arts on a daily basis.

Pros

The fact that you can make an edit in minutes and end up with a professional design.

Cons

I believe that free images could have more options. and the resize function too.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Canva is future of design

-is a good experience and helped me to make a good presentation for my work - save my time -save my money

Pros

cheap , very powerful , online , any where any time I can access , and can make any thing from any place on many devices like mobile tablets or desktops so I recommend this pregame to anyone

Cons

-good quality image -import high-resolution photos -not good in videos - the app on Windows is not good

BW

Bhavesh W.

Business Supplies and Equipment, self-employed

Canva is better than most of the softwares, but it can be the best!

overall expeience with canva is good becuase i have made my college and some personal social media stuff through it. It just need to improve in the above cons which i have mentioned.

Pros

Canva provides the great user interface, extensive templates and many more features which makes it easier for user to interact with the tools it provides easily.

Cons

The fews discomfort on using canva which i feel terrible when i use it. The canva team must need to add more ai implementations in canva software like image generation, video generation and also text generation. sometimes the user may not want th eprovided templates on the software instead of that they want to create their own templates using ai and the further editing using canva tools. So that is the main thing i think canva team needs to focus on.

FD

Faten D.

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Canva review

Pros

Many resources in library Ease of change colors of graphics Creativity in template designs It's really amazing

Cons

It's depends on slides or pages so it's difficult to produce professional videos And there are limited animation movement options

jm

julie m.

Music, 51-200 employees

there are some issue when editing website

i loved canva so much there are some features that I wish to improve specially video editing for mobile view to desktop view

Pros

I might having a trouble to get an exact view on my design for fb ads I wish there could be and actual preview to see my draft before done editing ,

Cons

when editing website I struggle to edit exact size when setting on mobile view kinda hard to estimate to set the picture and video

PI

Prajakta I.

E-Learning, self-employed

Madhav Graphics

Very Nice,excellellent.Csnva gave me a successfjl wogk as well as great job.I sm fnjoying whenever i work in Canva

Pros

Canva is graphics design editer so that we can make attractive coloured effective design for our business.Canva's own templates also useful and attractive Even we can make video.all options from putting image ,it's effect,colour,text effect, animated text curve text style is very worthy. I used all time so its helpful for me 100%.no chance to use other software compare to canva.It makes our work job fruitful and successful.We can use Canva not only in PC ,laptop but also in Mobiles.. Thank you Canva..❤️

Cons

Canva takes time to load created desihn.

AM

Andreea M.

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

So easy to use and create

Everything I’ve created was highly appreciated. I was extremely satisfied using this app

Pros

Canva is a great app, easy tot use, everything is intuitive, you can create fast great designs for photos and videos. The most important thing is that I can create wherever I want since I have the option to do it on my iPhone.

Cons

The most beautiful and useful templates are only on pro 😅

Vp

Vanessa p.

Public Relations and Communications, 1-10 employees

I really like Canva because it is a practical and easy-to-use application

My experience was the best possible, and an easy-to-interact application Canva always manages to surprise me with the quality of the product it delivers to me

Pros

What I liked most about Canva was the practicality and quality they give us

Cons

The bad thing is that most of the images are paid, but I understand that everything is a cost and the application needs an income

AC

Abhishek C.

Computer Software, self-employed

Canva for editing

Pros

its ai feature and the storage of components and variety of options to edit and lots of recommendation

Cons

its feature of magic writer it suggest most common suggestion given by ai.

AvendanoGonzalezS L.

Professional Training & Coaching, 201-500 employees

Hooped on Canva: The best desition for NonCreative Professionals

Once you get in ¨the Flow¨you will be able to create any Ad or other product that you can create with Canva in a very short period of time. Of course, it will be a nice way to start from scratch and learning each day a new way to add a visual value that can lead you to attract new customers.

Pros

As a professional, I have no chance as a Designer. Definitely I am not what a can recall ¨an artist¨, but, since I started to use CANVA, I have a revolutionary change in the way I create my ads for my job. Once I got the patience and the creativity starts to flow, I became an exceptional artist (jocking....of course, it is in my standards). Canva is the best software to create your own Ads and it is a very user-friendly solution. I love it. Now I am testing the Canva Pro, so maybe I will be creating a better than ever Ads for my customers, empowering my job in a very complex world right now. Do not waste more time, and hooped on Canva.

Cons

The problem is not the software, the issue is the user. If you plan to make any Ad and create a very empowering idea to attract new customers, you must take your time and of course, use all the potential of Canva. It is a very cool software, so you have to spend some time learning what you can create. Be smart, spend time and make some ads. It is the only way to learn and maximize your potential.

Consumer Electronics, 1-10 employees

Great for New Company Marketing

Overall, I think Canva is a slide show tool with a strong commercial design aspect. It is relatively easy to use and with Canva Pro you have access to a massive library of slide templates, fonts and pictures. For a small company or group, I think Canva definitely makes your company look more professional and brings more appeal to your next pitch.

Pros

Canva is like a slide show type software that specializes on creating visually appealing slides. It is easy to create an account and start making slides. What I like most about this online software is that all your projects are stored online. Also, you can have access to many high quality designs and templates with little effort.

Cons

Canva Pro is about $120 a year or $13 as of September 2020. While the access to thousands of high quality fonts and templates are stunning, you can get a cheaper subscription from Microsoft PPM for $10 a month if you rather stick to basic slides. If going to a bigger enterprise type of subscription (which costs $30 a month), you only can have one brand kit. I wish I could have multiple brand kits instead of putting every design into a single brand kit which makes organization messy.

Ali K.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

A professional online tool for editing photos and generating visual content

One of the best platforms for managing and editing images under the cloud is that you can easily generate visual content for the websites or social media along the way. Very simple and smartly designed. Provides you with everything you need to edit photos and make changes and add text or create visual content on a web platform. The subscription price is also very small and reasonable.

Pros

Ready-made templates and sizes are great for social media pages. I create new content every day to generate content and create a new story or post for Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter through Canva. It has never been so easy and fast for me to produce content. The dashboard is very simple and functional on the web, as well as a very professional mobile application. Saving files on the cloud and exporting them to any format is very useful, and I also love the ability to create gifs and animated videos.

Cons

When editing images through the browser, sometimes some sections do not work well, and if the page is zoomed with the browser, most times it can not be returned to the previous state and the page must be refreshed. Also, the app for the iOS version on the iPad could have had more professional features and is still very beginner and is exactly like the web browser version. But in general, everything in this platform is satisfactory and only these minor issues should be resolved.

MK

Melody Kay C.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Solid design tool that keeps on getting better!

We are able to VERY QUICKLY churn out designs for our organisation, which has saved a lot of time and effort. Canva is a MUST-USE tool for anyone involved in social media marketing or online communities!

Pros

Canva is so easy to use, and even easy to "teach" to other users in our organization. Because we are on a Canva Pro account, we're also able to easily store brand colors, logos, etc. The best feature though is the free access to thousands of free high-quality images, which saves us a lot of time. It's so great that Canva listens to their users and keeps on getting better! They recently introduced a background remover, photo effects, and text effects - which are all just so useful! I'd honestly rather use Canva most times over other more complex tools. I also personally raised a suggestion in a Canva users group for them to bunch fonts together depending on style, and they did it! What a great team!

Cons

It's not so intuitive how workspaces and folders and collaboration works for teams. I sometimes get confused if I'm working on a design that's in my personal workspace or if it's something others see. The app version is also a bit tough to work with.

Ondrej Š.

Medical Devices, 1-10 employees

Incredibly useful tool for everything related to quick graphical output for social media

Canva feels like you took all the most used tools from Illustrator or CorelDraw, cut them down to basics, make them easy to use, combine it with some simple video editing features and add tons of templates and all the exporting options you could need. I create mainly content for social media and simple print flyers for our company and it does the job absolutely great. Of course you have to keep in mind that for more complex projects you should use more complex software, but for anything quick and simple this tool is ideal. When you use or get inspired by templates, it can make your graphical stuff look professional without much effort.

Pros

It is incredibly easy to use when you need to do something quick and you don't want to use more complex tools like CorelDraw/Adobe products. It has tons of templates which you can use directly or can be used for inspiration for your own stuff. What I like the most that you have already recommended sizes of different posts for social and print media, which are predefined. You can quickly switch between different sizes and adjustments are super easy. I also like that I can work with video and decently animate pictures. All the tools which you would probably need for simple and medium complex projects not only for social media. Also, the smartphone app is really useful, for some minor operations when you are on the go.

Cons

As far as I know, there is nothing I could complain about. It has everything I need for quick creation. It is not usual that you can find a tool which really does everything you would expect.

EB

Elsa B.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

I can't recommend it enough

I use it every day and it might be the most fun part of my days.

Pros

This is a key tool for my creative team. Social media, flyers, presentations, investor pitches, sales pitches... anything and everything goes through Canva. It is SO easy to use that you need no onboarding. We constantly get congratulated on our designs, and they are most times just templates adapted to our branding. SO many options to choose from, it's great for when you're on a creative rut.

Cons

Nothing, I absolutely love Canva and cannot recommend it enough.

Jordan B.

Political Organization, 1-10 employees

An indispensable part of my toolkit

Canva has made graphic design work quicker and easier for me, especially in the production of graphics for social media, although I also use it to design everything from posters to business cards. Furthermore, it has empowered people on my team without ANY knowledge of other graphic design software to produce good-looking graphics that are consistent with our brand, reducing the demands on me to personally take care of ALL the graphic design needs of my organization.

Pros

While I have taught myself to use other forms of graphic design software such as Inkscape and to a lesser extent, Adobe InDesign, lately I have found myself increasingly using Canva as my go-to graphic design tool for 90% of what I do. I use Canva for Work now, and love that I can have brand colours and fonts at the ready, and can easily produce designs in just the right dimensions for various applications...

Cons

There are just a few respects in which Canva comes up short relative to programs like Inkscape: -There is currently no way to create curved text, or text along a path of any kind; -There is no eraser tool, which could sometimes be useful; -While it can export print-quality PDFs, I find that the PNGs it produces are not always of the resolution I'm looking for and would love the ability to obtain a higher ppi

Shayne H.

Internet, 11-50 employees

I literally use Canva for "EVERYTHING" - One of the best designing tools I know!

Canva is a beautiful tool that has revolutionized the game for small or budding business to go out there with professional content. I've used Canva for possibly anything that you could think of (Resumes, Facebook Creatives, my Company Logo, etc). The best part is, the Freemium is as good at some of the other Premiums out there. However, if you're using Canva for business purposes, I suggest you use their paid pricing model. It's a little steep, but it's worth it.

Pros

1) Easy To Use: Trust me, it's not as scary as some of the other "photoshop" softwares that scare people off. Canva is incredibly simple to use and very easy to master. You can be a beginner or a professional, but I've you're lucky enough to stumble upon this tool, you're sorted. 2) Dimension Guru: If you do a lot of Social Media Campaigns, Social Media Account Maintenance, etc, you're going to need...

Cons

1) Graphs and Charts: Usually, on chosen templates that have a graph or a chart in them, you can't edit or input your own data or values to change their visual representation. To overcome this, I usually use an external graph or chart maker and import a PNG version of the same into my Canva project. Just a minor setback because the external tools that I use are free. 2) Buggy Undo Button: There were many instances where I had clicked the 'Undo' button and it started lagging.

samuel t.

Graphic Design, self-employed

The Easiest Graphic Design Tool with Mind Blowing Templates

No doubt, Canva is the best online graphic design platform, even as an expert in Photoshop, I still find myself working on Canva for quick and easy designs, the ease to use platform blows my mind all the time. I’m able to create a book cover within 20 minutes; I have made Logo design for friends without the stress of learning complicated tools. So if you are looking for a graphic tool that is easy to learn, use and that offers free nice templates and incredible paid premium templates, then Canva is what you need.

Pros

Canva is an incredible online graphics tool that let people create their designs easily. Canva have a lot of advantages that will blow your mind. First: Canva is the easiest graphics tool I have ever used. Canva is easy to learn and user friendly, even for a starter. No complicated tool to learn unlike other graphic design software. Customization is as simple as ABC, and can be mastered within minutes....

Cons

Canva is really helpful, have a lot of advantages but yet some shortcomings that makes their platform a second choice. First: Canva is an online only platform, everything Canva offers can only be access on the Internet, no offline feature. This is the advantage the software has over Canva, if you’re in a location with poor connections, Canva won’t be an option to use. Second: Paid users get more...

SB

Shala B.

Executive Office, 1-10 employees

Canva is one of my favorite design tools

We use Canva for all our design needs. Social media marketing, magazine ads, flyers, brochures, email blasts, etc... We can do it all in Canva. I love that our brand colors are saved and there are so many beautiful templates to choose from so all we have to do is change to our brand colors and change the wording and we are set. Canva has given me the freedom to play around with design and create some beautiful works of art! Love all of the graphics, fonts, images, etc... So many good things to say about it. I recommend it to everyone I know.

Pros

I love the ease of use with Canva. Anyone with basic computer skills can look like a professional graphic designer. Also, most everything we do in Canva is completely free. I am the marketing director for a non-profit so we have zero budget to spend on marketing. Since I am able to use Canva for free all the time, whenever there is something special that I need to do and I want to purchase a premium image, my boss is totally ok with that. Especially because I can show him what the finished product will look like before we spend the money!

Cons

I do wish there were a way to search free graphics and images by title. Currently you can search by subject but free is mixed with premium. Sometimes I have to search for a long time to find the free images I need. I understand why they designed it this way. Obviously if we want to keep Canva supported and growing, we need plenty of people purchasing premium images. My organization doesn't often have the budget for the premium images so I'm grateful that other people do because I want Canva to stay around for a very long time. I honestly don't know what I'd do with out.

PW

Paddy W.

Construction, 11-50 employees

I recommend Canva to everyone I talk to about marketing

My 45 year old, family-run company enjoys the advantages of a very good reputation. However it takes a LOT of creative work to stay there in our extremely competitive field. I need to be able to keep our social marketing and website, etc. cooking every day. I need to ensure that my messages to the public and existing clients are eye-catching, informative and memorable. Canva helps me make sure that I have the time and tools to do this every day.

Pros

Ease of use for sure. I am not a techie person but I love creating my own marketing pieces with our company branding instead of hiring it out. Canva's "branding kit" (once I learned it existed), lets me brand easily with my own corporate palette.

Cons

I don't think there is anything I like least.. there are a lot of features here that I still haven't learned and would like to have more time to devote to learning. Canva does so much already but I know there's more great 'stuff' in there!

FA

Fidelis A.

Information Services, 1-10 employees

Canva 2021 latest review

My overall experience with canva is awesome. starting from its social login features which makes it easy and simple to login to its search box which makes it easy to select from the category the kind of content you want. it brand kits, color pallets, drag and drop feature for easy design and navigation. file conversion extension for easy product presentation. its space for saving your designs makes it good to access your design work at any time. it also has a custom size selection for your layout and recommended pixel for any type of presentation, social marketing, and brand design.

Pros

Canva is one of the best marketing, branding, and design software you can ever enjoy. in fact, to be honest, I have used this software/platform for more than 2 years and have made lots of money from their design templates using the Canva platform. Looking at Canva desired features, it has a welcome plan called "Free Plan " and a Pro trial version ( paid plan) when you upgrade. The free plan has almost...

Cons

Though this software requires regular upload of videos, templates, elements, photos, and many more. I can boldly say that canva is equal to the task because they update and upload new free and paid feature elements and designs. Therefore it has no cons.

Susan D.

I'm a one person office who needs all the assistance I can get. Canva was a God send for me.

Time savings. Cost savings. Low-cost to no-cost illustration and photography selection is huge. User-friendly. From the graphics I created on Canva I've set up a regular posting schedule with another SaaS and now have 10,000 more visitors to my blog since I initiated my new system. Canva has played a big part in this. When I first joined a few years ago, I had a difficulty in applying my payments...

Pros

Canva is user-friendly. I was able to get signed up and start producing social posts and eCards almost immediately. The multitude of features give me versatility. After I style one social post, I can then resize it to multiple sizes to fit all my social media venues. That is an amazing time saver for me. The variety of free to low cost graphics, both illustrations and photographs, offers a selection...

Arun Sarathy P.

Media Production, self-employed

My "go-to" portal for EVERYTHING Design!

Overall, I cannot live without Canva, that's for sure! I am also a big fan and have been paying for its subscription to get the most out of what it offers. Their company and its culture, management - everything seems genuine and I love any company that offers genuine solutions via their products to the mass audience.

Pros

It's a cake walk to get started and use Canva, and I am a proud user since 2014! After a fellow blogger introduced me to Canva, it was love at first sight and no other graphic design platform has been so efficient and intuitive to me.Here are some of the Pros:1. They have plenty of templates, and more added every month almost!2. They also have pretty easy integrations with other API-driven platforms - zapier, pabbly, etc.3. With a paid subscription (that I have, it's a no-brainer), I get to create branded color sets and easy to use presets.4. Not to forget the plethora of design elements that come with the paid subscription. 5. The free version of Canva itself is more than enough for someone who is a casual user for design creations. E.g. Bloggers, Teachers, YouTubers, etc.

Cons

The biggest con to me with Canva is that the tool (rarely) sometimes doesn't sync well, and it hangs. I have to refresh or wait for sometime to pickup where I left. Maybe I am too fast in designing and using it, but when the tool doesn't catchup with my pace, it's kinda annoying.

BB

Blessing B.

Design, 11-50 employees

Canva Designes

With Canva it's been alot easier.Not to mention I can write my Resume,(I'm a graphic designer and a freelancer)I can design logo for clients.I can write office presentations.I can design a poster!It's been a lesser stress for me honestly.

Pros

I've been using Canva for a while now and honestly it's been an amazing journey so far.It's user friendly especially for newbies.I can use Canva for practically anything!A one app with so many features? It's definitely an A+ for me.I remember writing my first freelance Resume through the Canva app.Mind you I had no single experience at all.But with Canva it was all easy it guided me through and I did it.I wrote my first Resume!What's more thrilling is that it offers both free and pro packages.As a beginner I started with the free package but I ended up loving the app.Graphic Designers need to get this app, it makes work easy.And your unfinished works are saved as drafts so you can go back and complete them any time.

Cons

In as much as the app is great, it glitches and there are bugs too.There are times it just shows blank white with no features to display (even with a steady internet connection) but otherwise it's nice