SPS Commerce Reviews

4.2

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.02/10

Reviews by rating

So far I love it as it works great, and is very easy to use and user friendly. I wish more of my customers would use this software to make my life easier.
They continue to update and add features that improve on some of their short comings. The customer service / help line is very good.
I like the ability to pre-fill forms , like the ASN form, in the preferences mode, which speeds up the process of filling the ASN out as in many cases, the information stays the same.
Another issue that we seem to have is when there is error in processing a document. The document is tagged as having errors but there is no further information as to what exactly is the issue.
Was forced on to this product by vendor, vendor was aware of issues. Does not work for our application, very expensive was misled by SPS sales staff.
My business problem is CAUSED by SPS Commerce. We are trying to work through the initial implementation, but it has dragged on for months.

Eugene D.

Project Manager

Food Production, 11-50 employees

One Platform For All Our Needs.

Transcript

Eugene: My name is Eugene. I'm a project manager. Our company size is about 10 people. And I give SPS...

Thank you for the video review Eugene! We appreciate your kind words and look forward to working with you!

Maricela G.

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Easy to Use

Pros

We used SPS Commerce mainly for testing now, but used it for many years as our main EDI source. It's very user friendly, it was easy to teach the staff.

Cons

Printing can sometimes take longer than expected, especially if you are printing pack by store orders.

HW

Harris W.

Wholesale, 1-10 employees

Great products and support

Pros

Streamlined our order processing for our high volume clients while also eliminating manual entry input errors. It also integrated directly with our ERP/CRM software seamlessly.

Cons

Learning a new procedure had a bit of a learning curve and sometime the software connection can be a bit slow, but haven’t determined if that is a SPS issue or the software their product connects to.

jg

jeff g.

Industrial Automation, 51-200 employees

The Worst Team I Have Ever Worked With

I will likely be switching to a different product

Pros

Platform stability is the only part of the product worth noting. Once we were up and running and spent months troubleshooting, the platform performed as expected

Cons

The implementation team was unresponsive, belittled my team, and went live with my vendors without fully testing. SPS is to this day the worst company I have ever worked with. Their sell-side and buy-side implementation teams wasted days and thousands of dollars in time spent dealing with their issues. Their lack of product discovery created around 50 critical (trackable) errors, their onboarding team continually failed to support and train our vendors, and their support team failed to resolve most issues. I had to create my vendor onboarding and training document because I could not trust their team. Their own employees told me how disorganized their teams were which only reinforces the issues described above.

Wholesale,

Slow response time on follow up.

Pros

Works with our software and works for multiple vendors. The new fulfillment clearly shows you when the report was successfully sent, not more running reports!

Cons

Troubleshooting is difficult because it seems like not too many representatives at SPS are familiar with our particular inventory system. Response time and follow up is slow. This is problematic during document failure due to the chargebacks that can be assessed from vendors.

Furniture, 51-200 employees

SPS Commerce

We use SPS commerce to receive information via EDI and transfer that data into our systems we use. We also transfer data back to our vendors using SPS.

Pros

It is very east to use and search for items sent over EDI. With SPS I am able to find items from this morning or 6 months go. It makes researching old items in my system easy.

Cons

Their is much that I don't like about this software.

3 years in s&r

Performed tasks expected of an EDI.

Pros

This software does the job expected of an electronic data interface. Allows for receiving, shipping, acknowledgment, and invoicing of orders.

Cons

The newest upgrade seemed to make it easier to use on the surface, but when needing to research or utilize beyond the first page, it became increasingly difficult

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Good EDI Product

I love Data Masons EDI, especially the support I get when I need it. All support personnel I have dealt with have been knowledgeable and have helped me with any issues I've had in a timely manner.

Pros

The product is easy to use and understand. It makes EDI simple.

Cons

I only wish there were more canned reports.

Allison G.

Food Production, 11-50 employees

Great company/Great Service.

Pros

Ease of Use and adaptability to our current set-up. Integration with our Quickbooks Software is awesome. Major time-saver!

Cons

No major cons to speak of. We have been able to correct any "issues" or "concerns" with the help of the help desk.

Courtny S.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

SPS meets my expectations.

Pros

The platform is very user friendly. I have very little issue with it and when I do there is always someone there to help.

Cons

Each of my customers has forms, and SPS does not remove irrelevant forms from my choices. Frusterating.

Heather M.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Great company

We’ve had nothing but great experiences with SPS. Very happy with them.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to set up, easy to add new retailers to it.

Cons

Would be great if there were instructions for each type of transmission readily available

AT

Andrew T.

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Very Bad implementation, I made a bad choice

I will not recommend this company to anyone, ever.

Pros

It is bundled nicely with Netsuite which makes integration between SPS and Netsuite quite simple.

Cons

The implementation is horrible. I cannot stress it more. I thought True Commerce was bad, this one is worse. We went live with our ERP and we are still not live with all of our EDI, it is about 4 months past due. Empty promises but nothing is done. The upper management did not care.

Jennifer N.

They said it would be 6-8 weeks. It's been 9 months. And we're not done

The worst part of this experience is that you only get results when you kick and scream. Despite the fact that they have in no way delivered on time, they have charged us a ton month by month. I'm running the company, but until I get on the phone and say, hey, what's happening here, things don't really move. And then, inevitably, they stall. I don't want to be the one having to micromanage this process, but they've left me little choice.

Pros

When it finally gets set up, it hope it will save us time.

Cons

I wish I didn't have to write this review. I have had so many calls with these folks promising that things would be different, that I feel like the partner that keeps accepting back their cheating spouse, so that I feel foolish for believing them. They said 6-8 weeks for set-up. We are on 9 months, and still not done. Every time there's an issue, they point fingers at other people, like the retailers or the connection folks. But they are the ones taking the money, so they are responsible for the product as a whole.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The experience you described doesn't meet the standards we hold ourselves to. We welcome any further feedback or details. Please feel free to send any additional feedback to: spsconnect@spscommerce.com

RM

Richard M.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Excellent EDI Solution

As I described above, we were required to come up with a solution which started as an EDI interface to receive and acknowledge POs, but turned into requirements for ASNs, Invoicing, etc. SPS has been easy for all of our users and has met the needs of our customers with these requirements.

Pros

A number of years ago, one of our distribution networks started to demand we use an EDI platform for the receipt of purchase orders. Our ERP does not support this feature, so we had to look outside for solutions. We evaluated SPS Commerce and found this service to be the broadest, most user-friendly and economical solution in the marketplace. Some of our other distribution networks have since come on board and created new demands for different functions which SPS offers. Access by all of our departments (sales, customer service, bookkeeping, shipping, etc.) allows us to seamlessly meet our customers' needs.

Cons

When rejecting a purchase order, an anticipated ship date still has to be entered in order to process the rejection even though the order is rejected. This often confuses customers because you are both rejecting the order and entering a ship date. If the drop down option is to reject the order, then one shouldn't be forced to also enter a date.

ND

Nic D.

Sporting Goods, 51-200 employees

Great EDI Solution...only a few suggestions

Great company who obviously excels in the EDI world giving customers different options that suits their capabilities. If you're not familiar with EDI or your just wanting to try things out SPS is a great way to start as they know what they're doing. If you are integrating the EDI docs into your ERP system (docs automatically import from and export to SPS) I would suggest that you try to understand as much as possible on what information your trading partner requires. SPS knows general information but there have been a handful of times where the document tests are successful but the actual information that your sending isn't the right information. You still have to put in the work.

Pros

Easy to read and complete the forms for all EDI documents. Required fields (per the receiving company) will be highlighted in red and if any aren't filled in the document won't send which reduces the chances of chargebacks.

Cons

I would love to be able to manipulate and edit how I see things on the landing page. There are some customization options, but I'd like to be a little more in control of what I see and what I need.

DD

Diana D.

Wholesale, 1-10 employees

SPS User Friendly

I was the person who worked with the SPS team on set-up. As inexperienced as I am with this type of system I had many questions and a few times we had to set up conference calls to get everything as we needed it. The SPS team never acted as if I was a burden and patiently answered all my questions. This to me is worth more than I can say. After set-up and moving forward any questions I had and issues I faced there was always an SPS team member that would be there to walk me through a procedure or answer my questions.

Pros

The software is very easy to use. I can navigate through different forms with ease. I can also check for errors before finalizing a form. This allows me to catch any mistakes before finalizing the form.

Cons

There is not much I don't like about the system and nothing at this time I would recommend changing or adding.

TM

Tehila M.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Horrible Experience

Pros

We used SPS commerec for a large client and things were fine. We tried setting them up for EDI for anoteh rlarge client and it was anightmare. We asked for pricing and only after we waited 6 weeks to get pricing and sent an email letting them know we would move on due to lack of communication did we suddenly get an email checking in. Rep had no idea what we needed although we discussed extensively...

Cons

The high Cost and Customer "service" were dissapointing.

Hi, we are sorry to hear about your experience with SPS Commerce. We strive to provide timely updates for our customers during implementation and support. We would be happy to review this further if there is anything still outstanding. Feel free to route any further feedback to: spsconnect@spscommerce.com Thank you!

JD

Jim D.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

If you love retailer chargebacks and shady billing practices you'll love SPS!

Pros

Portal is OK to use. Customer support for processing retailer-specific questions is good.

Cons

Integration with our 3PL/SPS has been a nightmare. For the past 6 months we have tried to get a solid EDI connection between the retailer, 3PL and SPS. We are now "live" with our retail partner and still having on-going issues which is low leading to chargebacks!!Their billing practices are downright un-ethical, purposely confusing, and difficult to manage. Every month we need to scour our bill to ensure accuracy as SPS loves to add new services/line items which we never consented to. It then takes weeks of emailing support to try and get a resolution which burns precious time for any entrepreneur.

JR

Jody R.

Medical Devices, 51-200 employees

Poor Implementation Team on new Trading Partner

The implementation team we were assigned provided terrible service. Would only answer about 1/4 of the questions asked. Tooks weeks to reply at times, and had to go through sales to even get half a reply most of the time. Even our initial threat of moving to another provider only provided enough fuel for a day or two of action. They charged for a new trading partner. took months to get implemented because they would not communicate. Never did get it working. Charged us the WHOLE time for a service we couldn't use and then would not refund us for that service.

Pros

It was EDI software, that was inexpensive during the time we signed up about a decade ago.

Cons

The lack of users without paying for more. Any company employing more than 5 people would need more than 1 user. Implementation team was awful and didn't answer when requested followups on the new trading partner. And we found another provider who not only is keeping us informed all along the way with the trading partners, but is also actually less expensive.

TM

Travis M.

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

Top Tier Support

Overall very satisfied because of the service we are given.

Pros

I've used SPS Commerce for many years and appreciate the dedicated support from our account manager, [sensitive content hidden], and her team. For technical questions, SPS Commerce's support team is quick to respond and help!

Cons

A small area of improvement can be with docs handling large amount of data and them saving properly.

LE

Linda E.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 501-1,000 employees

I am happy with Data Masons Vantage Point EDI software

I have been able to meet all of my EDI trading partners, customers, and users needs for both mapping and reporting. It is a powerful EDI software.

Pros

I like the ease of integration with Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP software and the ability to utilize SQL scripts. When I need support my issues are always addressed promptly and professionally. The training and implementation assistance that I received was very thorough. We have needed to upgrade our ERP software and move our servers to the cloud and the Data Masons team was knowledgeable and the transitions went smoothly. They are always very helpful and accommodating.

Cons

There are a few quirks but nothing that can't be worked around. I understand that many of them have been addressed in upgraded versions.

MH

Michael H.

Wholesale, 201-500 employees

A little frustrating to date albeit issues with resources on our side,

To early to tel but what we expect is a streamlined EDI process requiring minimal intervention and no errors

Pros

We haven't had chance yet to fully integrate yet so it will be some time before we can comment fully on what we do and don't like re this software. On the webforms startup it was more difficult to use than our previous provider but I think that's a lack f training up front but once this was organised it was better - Point do a better job in this area we should not have to chase

AM

Andrew M.

Industrial Automation, 51-200 employees

Way too cumbersome

Absolutely horrible. May cost us the business at Tessco.

Pros

Good graphics. Good customer service. Easy to reach customer service.

Cons

It takes us 30 minutes to process a simple order and way too many fields to enter. Costs us too much time and money. Have not received proper training and have strained relationship with our customer due to errors and non-payment from the customer due to the SPS system

Thank you for your feedback, we'd like to help. SPS Fulfillment can cut your order processing times dramatically. A customer success representative will be reaching out to you to show you how to auto populate many fields and other tips to speed things along. We apologize for your frustration and look forward to talking with you today.

BY

Berlinda Y.

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

Favorable experience - sometimes there are issues that need to be resolved but they are responsive

Comply with the Customers' requirement easily

Pros

The Hybrid Solution that allows integration and webform . Ability to print out the shipping /ucc 128 label which is a great plus for us. Ability to check documents either on Webform or in the integration and using of one map format for all Trading Partners is wonderful - making the testing a breeze. Support team is great - they will try to help you resolve the issue.

Cons

The one map format is great but sometimes the information being used are not what the Trading Partner wants and need to work with Support/Setup Team to fix the issue. Calling Support sometimes need to wait a while for someone to pick up.

NM

Nancy M.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Easy to work with. Both the programs and the people.

Most of my larger customers use SPS Commerce, so when there are any updates from my customers, the changes are automatic and I don't have to worry about making any changes from here. This is a great help!

Pros

We had been using a company that was very difficult to deal with and get information from when we had questions. SPS Commerce is very good about answering the phones and having someone that can help with all of our questions. The software is very logical and easy to work with.

Cons

I wish only the fields that the customer requires, would show during input. Or the actual needed items would be marked appropriately. This is done somewhat, but not correctly all the time.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Robust service but hard to work with and very costly

Overall, I'm not impressed with SPS. Basic functions like automated inventory feeds were created to be sources of revenue for the company. Customer support rarely met expectations - when they give a deadline, expect it to be accomplished a week or two later (sometimes worse).

Pros

What I liked most about this software is that every online e-tailer seems to have some sort of integration with SPS.

Cons

What I liked least about this software is the poor timeliness of customer service and ridiculous cost.

We are disappointed to hear that your experience with SPS didn't meet your expectations. If you'd like to reach out to me at krindels@spscommerce.com, I'd like to learn more and see how we could address your concerns.