Zapier Reviews

2.8K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.76/10

Reviews by rating

It has been an excellent software for us to use. Our business model is focused on automating as many processes as possible and Zapier is integral to our success.
This is probably the greatest automation program in the whole game. The amount of integrations with other apps is amazing so automating tasks between softwares is incredibly easy.
I have been using Zapier for years now and it has always worked great, their support is very responsive and kind and I would strongly recommend it for small automation projects.
On going nightmare - ZAPs stop working by themselves, no support and here we have live API system not working.
Of course, the explanation was unclear and so does the Manychat. Both sides would not be able to give me an answer to integrate them which is disappointing.
It sometimes stops without you knowing, and unless you login into the software everyday to check, you wouldn't know if there's an error or it just decided not to run.

2,818 reviews

Jennie Z.

Marketing Manager

Internet, 11-50 employees

Necessary but confusing

Transcript

Jennie Z.: Hi, I am Jennie and I am the marketing operations manager for an ed tech company. I would...

Brynna H.

Marketing assistant

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Great for integrating separate applications

Transcript

Brynna: Hi, my name is Brynna. I am a personal coach in the health and wellness industry, and I give...

Mehandi I.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Most Genuine Review for Automation Software Zapier

Problems which I am solving with zapier are:- 1) Daily manual tasks like uploading files from email to Google drive, copying data from WordPress forms to google Sheets, CRM, Email Marketing tools etc. 2) Helping my clients solve their complex problems and making it easier for them by saving them time. Benefits 1) Zapier Makes me happier. 2) Making money by solving clients' problems and helping my family.

Pros

Thinks which I like about zapier the most are as such:- 1) Ease of use. 2) Value for money. It starts at just $20 only. 3) More than 3000 applications can be integrated. 4) Flexible Plans. 5) Almost every industry can use it. 6) Path Feature of zapier. 7) Inbuilt features of zapier like - filters, delay etc.

Cons

There is barely anything that I like least about Zapier. I like everything but there is one thing which they can improve is the area where we design our workflow, If they can create something similar to make.com formerly known as integromat.

Laura H.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Zapier's many available integrations are fantastic

My customer relationship management system (CRM), marketing automation platform (MA), and other platforms in our ecosystem may now work together to generate leads. Allows me to be more efficient without imposing unnecessary restrictions.

Pros

It's simple to integrate new tools into an existing process and to transfer data between applications. Do away with human labor by setting up and automating routine tasks. For our company, Zapier really shines when it is used to sift through alias inboxes and deliver just the most pertinent messages to the appropriate people. In general, it has shortened our response and problem-solving times.

Cons

It can experience hiccups and connection drops, necessitating manual reconnection of pieces on occasion. More troubleshooting help would make it better. In the event that, for instance, the sender of an email forgets to delete a space.

JB

JACOB B.

Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Zapier is Great, But Charges You For It

Greatly simplified the time and cost of making an API automation and running one.

Pros

Zapier is well known and has the most API support of the workflow tools out there. It's hard to find a application that doesn't utilize their service, which is awesome. The UI is clean and easy to navigate.

Cons

Lots of overpromise as a "do everything tool" to justify the price. Often run into issues where the tool I need is in Zapier, but the functionality of the API just isn't there to support the need. This isn't entirely their fault managing so many third parties, however it is a common problem that weakens their value prop against other competitor tools. However still plenty of instances where they absolutely are the best option.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

No Business Owner Friendly

I've used Zapier since the very early days and was one of the first people to know about the application and implement it for myself and my clients. My experience with Zapier used to be good. However, why do I have time to write this review? Well, I'm glad you asked. Today, I just signed up another account for them. Yes, it is one of my clients and I've probably given Zapier 25+ clients over my lifetime....

Pros

Technology is good. Actually, it works pretty well. All apps connect.

Cons

Continual changes to pricing, zaps, and features make it hard for small businesses to use. I've set up several dozen small businesses on this platform and the issue is that they continually change pricing, features, and options, making it hard to manage for small businesses.

JL

Jerra L M.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Benefit your business from Zapier's massive app integration capacity

Before settling with Zapier we compared it with its alternative and it made it to the top of our list as the the supreme workflow management tool. We are glad we invested in it. We have reaped a handful of benefits such as achieving a streamlined workflow, saving us the time we manually performed operation, boosted business efficiency and overall drive of growth.

Pros

Finding the right workflow tool can be an extreme sport but once you set your hands on Zapier you look no further. It is a no code easy to use platform that is well designed for easy navigation. It's implementation and configuration process is effortless because of its flexibility and customization capabilities. We utilized it's free trial plan for deep training for it comes with all the core features...

Cons

The upgrades paid plan is a bit costly especially for small businesses

CM

Chris M.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

I feel like a magician when I use Zapier

Extremely positive experience automating tasks that previously required substantial manual time and effort. Zapier has made our operations smoother and more efficient.

Pros

Zapier has been a game changer for our nonprofit organization. It is easy to use with a No Code approach. Within minutes, I was able to set up automated workflows to integrate our donor management CRM, email marketing, AirTable, Google Calendar/ Gmail, and other platforms. This has freed up valuable time and resources allowing us to focus more on our core mission. Zapier's drag-and-drop interface makes it accessible even for those without coding skills and streamlines various aspects of our operations in an incredibly user-friendly way. I am a huge fan!

Cons

This is not Zapiers fault, but as I've gotten used to being able to make magic happen between apps, there are other apps I'm not able to integrate with or occasionally apps that do have integrations but not ones powerful enough to do what I want them to. For example, we use Dialpad as a shared phone number, but Dialpad can't forward text messages to email or Slack.

Fillipe Neyl W.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Zapier makes creating integrations fast and easy

There's no secret to use Zapier, all you need to is to play with it, follow simple steps the interface tells you to or read the documentation (that's very abundant). The most recent thing I've learned was to use webhooks and use Zapier to get ou send information directly to apps API. It solves most of the issues I mentioned prior.

Pros

Zapier changed the way I deal with apps and tasks. Now everything I need to accomplish I ask myself: is it possible to use Zapier to make this easier or even totally automated? From simple things like sending happy birthday emails to my clients, to connecting a ERP app with Google Spreadsheets, there's hundreds of apps with thousands of possible combinations possible to make our lives easier.

Cons

Since they revamped the interface for creating and managing Zaps, there's not really anything that I don't like about Zapier. If worth mentioning something, it would be the missing actions, triggers or sometimes apps to integrate, but that's not Zapier's fault, because it depends of the apps making their services available on Zapier. Some apps like Wrike sell their own automating app, so they don't offer many choices inside Zapier. Others like RD Station Marketing lack of possibilities in their own API, so it's not possible to do much too.

RD

Royce D.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Bridging the App Gap

It was great how it ultimately would save me a lot of time. The integrations were straightforward and the learning curve wasn't too steep.

Pros

I like how simple it was to connect two apps together. I like the in built functions that are unique to zapier where i was able to alter/manipulate the data before passing it onto the next step

Cons

I eventually found an alternative to Zapier that performed the same functions where the cost was included in one of my other apps.

AB

Alexander B.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

The Go-To Tool for Automation

Pros

Zapier is super user-friendly and let's you build automated workflows in seconds that boosts the productivity.

Cons

There are only a few settings to change. When it comes to more complicated worflows, Make.com is more versatile.

RG

Rissa G.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Very useful tool, but can be challenging to use

Pros

I love the automations that it provides. Once you get it set up, it makes life so much easier.

Cons

It is easy to set it up wrong and there is not a lot of support.

AG

Alexandra G.

Marketing and Advertising, 501-1,000 employees

Switching to Zapier has saved us many headaches!

We've had an amazing experience switching to Zapier. Our previous vendor disconnected all the time and wasn't great about notifying us, and was considerably more expensive. Zapier is responsive, intuitive and exceeded our expectations. It's really helped us create value for our clients.

Pros

I love that Zapier is intuitive to setup and warns us of any disconnections, and has an amazing support staff, all features our previous vendor was seriously lacking. We initially made the switch to Zapier simply to link Facebook Lead Ads to email, but since have utilized many other "zaps" to create workflows for clients that our clients are thrilled about. We've linked Facebook Ads to CRMs and email marketing platforms, text messages, Google Sheets and auto-emails, and we've turned our internal marketing team and SEO and PPC teams onto the service. In my opinion, the best feature of Zapier is the ability to build out entire flows (e.g. Facebook Lead Ads submitted triggers adding it to an email list, updating a CRM and sending a text - you don't just have to choose one feature).

Cons

Facebook's API causes Zapier to disconnect frequently, but Zapier is quick to send an email letting us know our Zap isn't functioning correctly, I just wish they would tell us WHY it isn't functioning correctly. The emails should include more details so that we can isolate the particular part of the service that isn't functioning.

PE

Pius E.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Zapier Review

There are a lot of ways that a solo product developer or a team can benefit from Zapier. When using a lot of tools to build your product, it's important to get them all talking to each other to ensure everything runs smoothly. Zapier makes this possible in such a simplified way, that I don't even need to know how to write code. Zapier was a life-saver for me not only in terms of saving a tonne of time and money but also in keeping everything running smoothly between all the services I deploy for my app.

Pros

Zapier enables you to create Zaps step by step. The steps to follow to create an automated workflow - a "zap" as Zapier terms it - are so easy to follow even for a first-time user. At each step of the automation, you get to test if everything is working smoothly before you proceed to the next step. This is very helpful because you get to troubleshoot in real-time as opposed to trying to find the issue after you have deployed your zap and it's not working as correctly.

Cons

You cannot collaborate on the professional plan, by adding a team member to the same plan. To do this you need to upgrade to a higher ticket plan of about $300 per month. This is quite expensive when you are just starting out, and you need everyone to work together to move the workload. On the professional plan, you get pretty enough from Zapier, except for adding another user.

MN

Mir Nayeem U.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Workflow automation made easy

Zapier has become an essential part of my business and my daily life, allowing me to focus on the business matters and thus providing a peace of mind. In order to be notified as soon as an essential email is received, we automate our emails to be delivered to the slack channel. We've connected our database alerts to Slack so that we can keep track of database usage at all times. This allows us to address issues, well in time.

Pros

There is a wide range of applications supported by Zapier that we can use to enhance our productivity. Zapier's first-party apps extend the functionality of the service to unprecedented heights. Zapier can automate a number of tasks, thereby saving our time. I enjoy the wide range of apps that can be integrated with Zapier, as well as the ease of use.

Cons

In order to enhance our workflow, we need to integrate with practically all of the apps we use at our workplace. However, there is a limit of a maximum of 100 free zaps every month. If you automate Google Sheets and other apps, it gets over in a short period of time.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Helps me integrate everything

We connect Shopify with other tools like Slack, google sheets, google forms, and other software that doesn't play nice with each other. It is a low cost low maintenance way to do this.

Pros

We are using this daily to connect various apps and automate simple things that shouldn't be done manually. The basic functionality is very easy to set up. We have paid a developer to help with some more complicated workflows.

Cons

We had to pay for the higher tier plan (professional plan) as otherwise the custom logic and apps like shopify don't work. Also the Zapier Transfer feature wants to charge for every piece of data, and doesn't actually work fully. Seems to still be in beta so we went through all the work to get it started then it wouldn't run. IMO the Transfer feature should charge a prorated smaller amount since it's one group data transfer.

FG

Favio G.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Great time-saver App for Admis managing multiple systems

In general, Zapier has helped me a lot to simplify many tedious and cumbersome processes I had to perform daily, making my day as easy as Zip and Zap so there you go.

Pros

Is so simple and easy to use, helps you to avoid complex API setup, even for non-tech staff, works extremely well on multiple integrated systems, the friendly interface makes it a breeze to set up and use in just one shot.

Cons

A few more options for different triggers and Zap customizations would be appreciated, some advertisement from Zapier is a bit misleading and clickbait, nothing wrong with it, since at the end is delivers most of what's promised, but, it would be nice to come clear from the beginning what you can do and get.

JV

Josh V.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Zapier - Connect "All the Things"

Zapier has saved my team literally 10s of thousands of hours, and the work that we can get done with Zapier has satisfied our clients to no end.

Pros

Zapier allows even the least technical individual to put together an automation flow that allows key digital tools to interact with one another. Need to automatically send an email to your team when you get a new lead? Easy! Start a client conversation in Slack when a customer ticket comes in? Easy! If you can dream of the process, and the tools are integrated into Zapier, you can likely connect it and automate it.

Cons

Many key features are there, out of the box, but sometimes the custom integrations/actions take some coding work, googling, and tickets to customer support.

Stefany B.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Point and Click Automation

Decrease in errors from inside and outside of the company on paperwork Increased productivity due to faster dissemination of vital information. Lower cost to operate. Fewer humans needed to handle the office.

Pros

There are almost too may pros to mention. Office automation in my number one requirement and Zapier makes it easy and fast. All of my software can now "talk" to each other to handle tedious and time consuming tasks. Contractors, clients and employees can enter data into front-end forms and everyone gets the right PDF for their needs on the other end. I am still finding new uses as my company grows. The...

Cons

Some of the multi step process are not intuitive to create. Support is very helpful but I feel there might need a small interface update that could make it easier to understand.

Sharma B.

Design, 201-500 employees

Review for Zapier

Pros

Wrike is a project management and collaboration platform designed to help teams of all sizes improve their productivity and efficiency. With its user-friendly interface and powerful features, Wrike enables teams to plan, organize, and execute projects with ease. Whether you need to manage tasks, collaborate with team members, or track progress, Wrike has you covered.One of the key features of Wrike...

Cons

One of the major criticisms of Wrike is that it can be complex and difficult to use for those who are new to project management. The learning curve can be steep, and it may take some time to become fully proficient with all of its features. Additionally, some users have reported that the app can be slow and unresponsive at times, which can be frustrating when trying to manage projects.Overall, while...

Aline Christine M.

Executive Office, 11-50 employees

"Streamlining Our Workflow with Automated Tasks"

Zappier helps me track leads and potential customers, automating tasks related to managing contacts, forms, invitations, etc. It also helps me manage sales by automating tasks related to creating quotes, invoices, payments, discounts, notifications, etc.

Pros

1.Automation of repetitive tasks: Zapier allows applications to be connected together to automate repetitive tasks, which saves time and increases productivity. 2. Integration of many applications: Zapier is compatible with more than 2,000 different applications, which makes it easy to integrate several tools and make them communicate with each other. 3. Flexibility and Customization: Zapier offers plenty of customization options to tailor workflows to their specific needs.

Cons

1.High cost: Zapier's paid plans can be expensive for small businesses and individuals. 2. Limitations on free plans: The number of possible workflows and integrations is limited on free plans, which may be a constraint for some users.

Paula G.

Machinery, 5,001-10,000 employees

Great for doing low-code or no-code integrations and automation.

Zapier includes every type of integration a business may require. If you're utilizing numerous tools to develop your product, it's critical to have them all talking to each other. We have done numerous automations and connections across many platforms using a safe service like Zapier, which is very beneficial with data transmission and GDPR. Using Zapier is far superior to any human procedure. Passing data from online forms to various databases and backends is incredibly efficient, reducing laborious copy and paste and significant work for personnel.

Pros

Creating a Zap is straightforward and relieves much of the everyday work of planning meetings and transmitting or confirming data, letting users to instantly connect several systems together. It saves time through automation and is simple to use. It is also information security friendly and can be utilized on a variety of platforms. We were able to automate Salesforce, ActionNetwork, Slack, Email, and Airtable; it's an essential tool for more complex automation (beyond native Airtable automation, for example), and I particularly like the simplicity of debugging with the Zap feature History.

Cons

Some app endpoints are quite restrictive, requiring you to construct a Zap for each piece or account you wish to automate; for those automations, we still have to write bespoke code. But what truly irritates me about Zapier is how pricey it is in comparison to its competitors, and customization options can often be limited within the connections.

Janosch F.

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

A powerfull door opener

Encountering and getting to use Zapier really was an enlightening experience. There have been a lot of occasions on which I run into a wall before I knew about Zaps. Although it might scare of some people on the more sceptical side I must say, I am a convinced and excessive user of Zaps and would recommend anyone who is considering tools to look for Zapier integration and check which additional doors this opens. Definite recommendation.

Pros

whenever we evaluate a product for use, be it internally, be it for use with a customer or a team wether or not it is integrated with Zapier has made a great difference. Zapier manages to open the door for many many tools we would not have considered as standalone solutions, but with Zapiers easy and quick integration we are able to combine best-of-breed tools into robust, custom-tailored, specific,...

Cons

The subscription modell of Zapier is sometimes somewhat tricky. Most often it is recommendable to start with a number of Zaps that are free in a certain timeframe. Thex are limited by the latency and overal number they are applicable, lets say per day. Sadly there is no fallback, such as when an experimental Zap really takes off and is required to go live asap I have been debuging for extended ammounts of time before I understood, that latency issues might be caused by my subscription choice. I wouldn't complain about the cost of zaps, as Cost is actually beneficial because it makes you think wether or not a Zap really is worth it or not.

JR

Juliette R.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

A Fantastic Software that Simplifies Complicated Automation

Zapier is awesome, and it works well for everyday use. It breaks down complicated concepts into simple steps and I was able to use the software as someone who is often confused using technology. One improvement would be to decrease the number of webpage redirects so that I wouldn't have to look in another place besides the dashboard to set up my "zap."

Pros

I did not even know that something like Zapier existed until I was looking for a platform that could automate my work on Trello. I initially believed that maybe Trello had an automation feature, but I was disappointed to find out it did not. Instead, I found Zapier. I was initially confused on how Zapier would help me automate and I was worried that it would be difficult and technical. Instead, I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was! I love the layout of the software, and the explanations behind each step are easy and seamless to set up between platforms. I am happy that I was able to automate some of my work on Trello and customize each "zap" to do exactly what I want. I'm disappointed that I did not find out about this software sooner!

Cons

Something that confused me about this software was that it seemed like there were different instructions in different places on the site depending on what I wanted to do. For example, I wanted to create a "Zap" so that when a new card was created on Trello, I would receive an email about it. When I tried to set this up, however, Zapier led me to another webpage that was specifically made for doing this task. I just don't understand why there would be a special platform just for this task, and why I was unable to do it myself through the dashboard.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

Great features. A little overpriced compared to the competition.

Great, but there are better options out there.

Pros

Zapier has a great ecosystem of integrated apps. It's also very easy to use. You can set up an automation in minutes.

Cons

Zapier is overpriced in my opinion. Not because of what it can do, but because of what its competition can offer for less money. I started with Zapier, but have transitioned 95% of my workflows to Make, as it is way cheaper for my needs, doesn't have the same limitations on conditional flows, etc. and is way easier to visualize workflows in my opinion. The lower tier subscription options lack important features, but the price jump is hard to justify. I find the UI to be difficult to use compared to Make. It is not good for visualizing workflows and seems to have gotten worse with the latest updates.

PC

Patrick C.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Powerful integration tool

I use Zapier to connect CRM platforms with other software applications such as accounting platforms. I've used it for years now, and over time I have preferred Zapier to more expensive and heavy-weight alternatives

Pros

Connecting or integrating software applications can be time consuming and expensive. In many uses cases Zapier is a lightweight and low cost alternative that has been proven over many years to be robust enough to be used in enterprise grade projects

Cons

Not much, once you understand what Zapier is capable of doing it's a pretty straight forward application to use

Priyansh K.

Animation, 1-10 employees

Great tool for automation without any coding!

Zapier has been an integral part of our workflow. We use the free version and within the limits, we have managed to perfect a lot of our tasks without undue manual labor or coding.

Pros

- We shifted from IFTTT to Zapier due to the sheer amount of options it offers for integrations. - Be automated notifications, or syndication of social media posts, we use Zapier everywhere to cut out the middlemen. - We used to have a separate employee whose whole purpose was to syndicate posts and send email notifications and updates. Thanks to Zapier, we have been able to optimize our workflow efficiently. - We have about 12 integrations running from Woocommerce to Mailchimp, there is no integration that Zapier doesn't offer. - Its completely free up to a point, so you can integrate it into your workflow and test your setup. - It is robust and I don't think the competition comes any closer.

Cons

- The biggest con is the price. It is expensive, especially for a small business like us where cost matters a lot. The competition isn't any closer and so they are able to take advantage of their position. - The interface is extremely difficult for newcomers, I still haven't figured a few functions out.