Zapier Reviews

User ratings

4.7

2K
  • Likelihood to recommend8.83/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

It has been an excellent software for us to use. Our business model is focused on automating as many processes as possible and Zapier is integral to our success.

SM

Sean M.

This is probably the greatest automation program in the whole game. The amount of integrations with other apps is amazing so automating tasks between softwares is incredibly easy.

Alek A.

I have been using Zapier for years now and it has always worked great, their support is very responsive and kind and I would strongly recommend it for small automation projects.

On going nightmare - ZAPs stop working by themselves, no support and here we have live API system not working.

AA

Asi A.

Of course, the explanation was unclear and so does the Manychat. Both sides would not be able to give me an answer to integrate them which is disappointing.

WC

WENDY C.

It sometimes stops without you knowing, and unless you login into the software everyday to check, you wouldn't know if there's an error or it just decided not to run.

FS

Compare both
LeadsBridge-logocaret

LeadsBridge

Compare both
How would you rate Zapier?

2,032 reviews

Brynna H.

Health coach

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Great for integrating separate applications

Transcript

Brynna: Hi, my name is Brynna. I am a personal coach in the health and wellness industry, and I give...

Necessary but confusing

Transcript

Jennie Z.: Hi, I am Jennie and I am the marketing operations manager for an ed tech company. I would...

Most Genuine Review for Automation Software Zapier

Problems which I am solving with zapier are:- 1) Daily manual tasks like uploading files from email to Google drive, copying data from WordPress forms to google Sheets, CRM, Email Marketing tools etc. 2) Helping my clients solve their complex problems and making it easier for them by saving them time. Benefits 1) Zapier Makes me happier. 2) Making money by solving clients' problems and helping my family.

Pros

Thinks which I like about zapier the most are as such:- 1) Ease of use. 2) Value for money. It starts at just $20 only. 3) More than 3000 applications can be integrated. 4) Flexible Plans. 5) Almost every industry can use it. 6) Path Feature of zapier. 7) Inbuilt features of zapier like - filters, delay etc.

Cons

There is barely anything that I like least about Zapier. I like everything but there is one thing which they can improve is the area where we design our workflow, If they can create something similar to make.com formerly known as integromat.

Zapier Review

There are a lot of ways that a solo product developer or a team can benefit from Zapier. When using a lot of tools to build your product, it's important to get them all talking to each other to ensure everything runs smoothly. Zapier makes this possible in such a simplified way, that I don't even need to know how to write code. Zapier was a life-saver for me not only in terms of saving a tonne of time and money but also in keeping everything running smoothly between all the services I deploy for my app.

Pros

Zapier enables you to create Zaps step by step. The steps to follow to create an automated workflow - a "zap" as Zapier terms it - are so easy to follow even for a first-time user. At each step of the automation, you get to test if everything is working smoothly before you proceed to the next step. This is very helpful because you get to troubleshoot in real-time as opposed to trying to find the issue after you have deployed your zap and it's not working as correctly.

Cons

You cannot collaborate on the professional plan, by adding a team member to the same plan. To do this you need to upgrade to a higher ticket plan of about $300 per month. This is quite expensive when you are just starting out, and you need everyone to work together to move the workload. On the professional plan, you get pretty enough from Zapier, except for adding another user.

UI sucks, has many apps but doesn't QC if those apps are built well.

Suboptimal.

Pros

The sheer number of apps are stunning. You can connect almost any software to anything.

Cons

There's no QC on how the companies build their apps on zapier. If it's too hard to create a bot that can send or retrieve data from these MANY apps, it's useless. Their should be strict guidelines on building apps in zapier.

Zapier Workflow Review

The opportunities for combination and what is feasible are practically similar to supernatural occurrences.

Pros

Simple to use and offers us an extraordinary scope of combinations that are unimaginably dependable. Would prescribe to people trying to connect parts of their business.

Cons

Unfortunately its very limiting this is because of the other tools mainly. The trigger tools can be very limiting.

Zapier Is Essential for Business Automation & Promotion

I use Zapier to expand Mailchimp's capabilities, creating automations like "Send new Gumroad customers to "X" Mailchimp funnel". It's extremely powerful, but still fun and easy-to-use for a tech novice. Highly recommended!

Pros

To say that Zapier is easy to use seems almost like an understatement. You will feel like a tech wiz after you set up complex email automation with a few clicks! And it's shocking how much power you get at the free level.

Cons

As with all modern tech apps, you have to get used to the proprietary lingo, like "Zaps" and "Transfers". But for most users, it's easy to jump in and make some very useful automations.

Zapier is a great out-of-the-box integration tool

Zapier was a quick and affordable way to integrate some good data between our systems

Pros

Very easy to setup and configure, it supports most common softwares for common integration uses

Cons

There isn't a way to develop new integrations between platforms easily. If you want to do that, you have to be pretty tech savvy, which defeats the purpose of this tool.

I love Zapier!

Great! Love it!

Pros

Zapier is actually one of my most favorite tools. I makes connecting different softwares so easy and helps me tremendously as i am not a dev. If i want to connect anything to anything - Zapier is my way to go. It has saved me countless hours of manual work and enabled me to not always have to rely on a dev. Thank you for this awesome software! Also buidling the zaps is really easy once you get used to it.

Cons

There is nothing I dont like. It is just great!

Powerful and easy to use

My experience has generally been positive. I immediately became familiar with the platform and always found what I was looking for.

Pros

When two different platforms need to communicate, Zapier is always the best place to go. It is able to make even the most complex operations simple, making software integration a task that even those who are not programmers can do

Cons

When you have to repeat workflows with several steps over and over, costs go up quickly and in some cases the solution is no longer cost effective.

Expensive, but best!

Pros

Zapier's ease of use is its biggest pro - it's so simple to find apps and integrate them. Their intuitive interface guides us through the complex API 'marriage' so to speak, to integrate and automate whatever we want between the apps. With additional power (and money) we can integrate and let multiple apps speak with each other so we can automate more. If you are someone who feels saving time is more important than saving money, go ahead and get one of their paid plans. Totally worth it.

Cons

Zapier is expensive! No doubt, and to me that's the biggest con. There are other similar platforms like Pabbly Connect and Integromat - both of which I use concurrently.

The Backbone of any NEW Online Business

My OVERALL experience has been a good one! I used zapier when I was a total newbie and had no idea what an API OR WEBHOOK was or why I needed one. I think tools like Zapier are the wave of the future! allowing people like me that dontr want to learn code but have the passion to make an app.

Pros

its super simple to make connections. I never even read the documentation, the internal zaps like smtp and filters are what I like the most about Zapier. The ability to complete complex operations and use logic by clicking is brilliant.

Cons

There is not a whole lot not to like about Zapier, the one big one now is the price, they have competition now ... the only thing that will keep people around is the actual Volume of apps you can connect too.

Zapier is the tape the holds everything together

As a business owner of a small company, I consider myself the boss, implementor, and janitor of all of our online systems. It is always me, and me alone dreaming up ways I can implement Zapier to make our company run more efficiently. It is also always me cleaning and fixing everything that breaks. I mentioned in my title that Zapier is the tape that holds everything together. I don't know how my...

Pros

With the number of software integrations, Zapier is almost as limitless as your imagination. The support network, community forums, and Youtube videos allow for one with no experience to implement some pretty powerful integrations quickly. The support is great, and will sometimes help fix your problem, and always show you where to look. Overall, the more advanced you are with regards to coding or following tutorials, the more you are able to do with Zapier.

Cons

Support is hit or miss, with regards to someone holding your hand. Don't get me wrong, I am always satisfied with the support, but sometimes they go above and beyond, and other times, they just give you enough information to help you diagnose the problem. Their website is odd whenever you are logged in. If I open a new window, sometimes I need to login again.

Improving Workflows with Zapier

This automation tool helps to connect web apps and services. It is appropriate for personal use, as well as for teams (no matter their sizes). Even the basic plan allows you to choose which apps to combine and suggests how to use them interchangeably. The most popular ones, functioning inside Zapier, are Gmail/Google Drive/Outlook (for emails) or Facebook pages/Instagram/YouTube (for marketing). Following...

Pros

You can tailor each automation to your business needs (Reporting, Marketing, HR, Customer or Tech support). There are premade workflows- Zap templates. You may use them directly for repetitive tasks or personalize them. Via Formatter, you can convert data into any preferable format- texts, emails, or phone numbers. Businesses might use this information to make spreadsheets of clients' contacts adding...

Cons

Some apps might be used as both trigger and action, such as Office 365, Google Calendar, WordPress, and YouTube. Others can be only a trigger (Pay Pal). But there is a third group that cannot function on their own (e.g. LinkedIn). In these cases, activation only happens with other apps as triggers (Facebook or Twitter), which may be considered a drawback.

Zapier the best application integrator

As a digital marketer, I use many applications that I cannot keep an eye on all day or manually pass information from one application to another and I also need all the data to be synchronized. Zapier makes my day easier, connecting the applications that I use, it executes tasks automatically according to the rules that I establish. I love it helps me save a lot of time and money by hiring programmers.

Pros

Zapier changed the way I deal with applications and tasks. What I liked the most is the automation of work processes, another of its advantages is that Zapier includes a large list of applications to connect. Also that the Zaps are only executed with a filter rules. The user interface is nice so that anyone with basic knowledge can use it without the need to hire a programmer.

Cons

The negative aspects of Zapier is that at the beginning it is difficult to take advantage of Zapier, due to the learning curve, the free version is very limited (the number of 'Zaps and applications), also something that I did not like is the customer support that sometimes does not provide solutions.

Automating Business Processes without technical skills.

When a customer visits my website there are multiple entry points, for example signing up to our newsletter, or opening up a user account, or buying a product. Zapier allows me to differentiate between these different people and set up specific tasks for each class of consumer. This completely automates the process, which saves me a very large amount of time. The fact that I can also make changes to flowcharts on my own is pretty amazing. I am extremely happy with how it manages my tasks, and lets me know immediately if something has stopped working, so I can see what has caused a bottleneck.

Pros

One of the biggest challenges for me as a business owner is the fact that I need to outsource a lot of technical issues to developers which end up costing me a lot of money. Every time I need to change something, it costs even more. Zapier puts me in control of managing my business flow processes. I can link leads from multiple social media sources directly into my own CRM software, send out text messages and welcome emails to new clients, all automatically. If I need to change something, I can do it myself in a few minutes. Zapier has literally saved me and my small business thousands of dollars in development.

Cons

The learning curve on Zapier is not as easy as they would like you to believe. They've introduced a new format which is supposed to make it easier, but it's actually made it more difficult because it is now harder to see the flow diagrams. Support is fantastic if you do get stuck, and they're always willing to help - but it did take me about 2-3 weeks before I felt comfortable developing flows (what they call Zaps). Another issue for me is the change in billing structure. They used to have a pay-as-you-use model. Their new payment models make it seem like Zapier is now cheaper than it was before, but it actually works out a lot more expensive.

Switching to Zapier has saved us many headaches!

We've had an amazing experience switching to Zapier. Our previous vendor disconnected all the time and wasn't great about notifying us, and was considerably more expensive. Zapier is responsive, intuitive and exceeded our expectations. It's really helped us create value for our clients.

Pros

I love that Zapier is intuitive to setup and warns us of any disconnections, and has an amazing support staff, all features our previous vendor was seriously lacking. We initially made the switch to Zapier simply to link Facebook Lead Ads to email, but since have utilized many other "zaps" to create workflows for clients that our clients are thrilled about. We've linked Facebook Ads to CRMs and email marketing platforms, text messages, Google Sheets and auto-emails, and we've turned our internal marketing team and SEO and PPC teams onto the service. In my opinion, the best feature of Zapier is the ability to build out entire flows (e.g. Facebook Lead Ads submitted triggers adding it to an email list, updating a CRM and sending a text - you don't just have to choose one feature).

Cons

Facebook's API causes Zapier to disconnect frequently, but Zapier is quick to send an email letting us know our Zap isn't functioning correctly, I just wish they would tell us WHY it isn't functioning correctly. The emails should include more details so that we can isolate the particular part of the service that isn't functioning.

Automates Every Day Tasks

Like I said before, we use Zapier to automate tasks that we would normally have to do manually. Things that used to require extra man power and time are done automatically by integrating your every day apps in Zapier.

Pros

Zapier is great at taking the monotony out of your every day tasks and automates them, saving you both time and money. Zapier does this by connecting to your most used apps and triggering actions depending on conditions that you set up yourself. A few examples of tasks that I personally use Zapier for include: - If our organization posts a new Instagram story, Zapier automatically takes that data and posts it on on our WordPress website to the social media section of the website. - We have a project request form where with any submission, projects are automatically created in Asana. - If I tag a project in Asana, Zapier automatically sends an email to the client that the project is complete.

Cons

Sometimes it can be somewhat of a hurdle to set up certain integrations. Also, the integrations will at times stop working and it can be a challenge to nail down the exact cause. Usually the integrations stops working because of api changes with the individual apps, or if there was a password change with a user in the account.

Best thing to ever happen to a small business!

Amazing. I can't imagine life and work without using this software to automate our tasks. There is never a question now as to whether certain tasks got completed.

Pros

My company has a very specific set of tasks to perform daily. With Zapier, we've been able to automate 70% of our daily repetitive tasks. It takes a little getting used to how they set their tasks up, but once you have it figured out, there's almost no limit to what Zapier can accomplish for you. We have been able to send hundreds of thousands of emails automatically without lifting a finger. When...

Cons

The only thing I dislike about Zapier is the initial learning curve in how it works and needs to flow. After that, it's quite easy. I also wish they would save fields when changing tasks- for instance I have a task that needs to run on a trigger and feed into a database, but each month, the database needs to go to a new tab. Even though I change the tab in the task on zapier, I have to re-enter all other data because zapier erases it. Solve that, and this would be a perfect software for me.

The BEST tool out there for automation & sending data ... wherever! :)

For data-driven businesses who use a large number of SaaS products .. or any software with an API really...which is... I would hope all of them... ;) , Zapier is an absolute no-brainer. Never again (when selecting new software to purchase) do we have to worry "Oh, well it doesn't integrate with {{insertOtherSoftwareHere}}, so we can't use it until their dev teams builds it for us". You have full...

Pros

1. highly flexible & customizable: if they don't have a pre-built integration with a tool you use, you can easily build your own using their built-in webhook, webhook listeners, and "code" blocks. does require a bit of coding experience, but once you or your team build a few things / experiment & figure it out.. it's an absolute game-changer. 2. you'll think "what would i do without this?" ......

Cons

1. pulling in "test data" when building zaps - this is one thing that really annoys me... when you're creating a new Zap, and Zapier is "testing the step" that you just set up, it only pulls the most recent "event" that matches what you're doing. Now, this is OK in most cases, but if you have a zap that needs to handle a few different situations "conditionally" ... then it stinks. for example, say...

Point and Click Automation

Decrease in errors from inside and outside of the company on paperwork Increased productivity due to faster dissemination of vital information. Lower cost to operate. Fewer humans needed to handle the office.

Pros

There are almost too may pros to mention. Office automation in my number one requirement and Zapier makes it easy and fast. All of my software can now "talk" to each other to handle tedious and time consuming tasks. Contractors, clients and employees can enter data into front-end forms and everyone gets the right PDF for their needs on the other end. I am still finding new uses as my company grows. The...

Cons

Some of the multi step process are not intuitive to create. Support is very helpful but I feel there might need a small interface update that could make it easier to understand.

Zapier adds value to all of my other software by putting the polish on all of my web-based systems

We use several SAAS solutions in our day-to-day operations. Zapier is the glue that holds it all together. The automation that we've been able to implement through Zapier is what gives the impression of a slick, unified system. It has allowed us to continue improving by using the best features from a wide array of software to build a customized system that works the way we want it to without having to enlist our own team of developers. I used to run into roadblocks with software and think, "Gee, I wish I could just..." With Zapier, I actually can.

Pros

Zapier is exceptionally easy to use. I started by playing around with a few of the hundreds of suggested Zaps, but it didn't take long to get the gist and start building from scratch. I use Zapier to send automated emails triggered by software that either doesn't offer that option natively or doesn't give me as much customization as I want. The result has been increased communication coming out...

Cons

Multi-step Zaps are great, but conditional Zaps would help me stay more organized. Right now, Zapier doesn't offer that so I end up with three separate Zaps that each have a unique filter, rather than one conditional Zap that can route to different steps based on variable input. So far, I've always been able to find a work around. It's like having a 2000-piece Lego set, but not having the exact piece you want. You can still build your house, and it will be amazing, but it would have saved you a few steps if you just had that one more piece.

Pricey but easier to use than competitors

Overall positive, I mostly wish that it were more affordable.

Pros

It is very easy to get most zaps built out and running, and the tool allows for tremendous creativity and flexibility when it comes to automating workflow processes. Even a task that does not take much time adds up when repeated frequently, and manually doing it also leaves the potential that something gets missed or done incorrectly. Zapier is more robust than its competitors and has fewer errors on the back end. Its support staff are reasonably quick to respond (within 1 business day, typically) and will go into the specific zap that you are having trouble with and explain what needs to be done to fix things. As the current champion of this type of solution Zapier has by far the largest stable of integrated apps and services compared to the competitors that I have evaluated.

Cons

It is very pricey, and getting more expensive all the time. While I still find value in it, you basically have to spend at least $600 per year (currently) to get full function out of Zapier and even that gives you a small pool of actions that can quickly be exhausted.

Best way to make the connection

Overall, Zapier is just a life and time saver! Software companies are popping up every day, often with no regard to how a customer may specifically need it to work with another software. Without Zapier, some functions may need manual attention that very small businesses simply cannot afford to spend the time to give. Zapier is a must have for any business, big or small.

Pros

With so much technology being created to make our lives easier, speedbumps can occur when these applications can't seamlessly communicate with each other. Here's where Zapier comes in. This might be the single most important element of my business flow. Zapier is the liaison for all of apps and software, enabling them to talk and connect with each other in ways that, perhaps, they didn't intend. For...

Cons

Although it's fairly user-friendly, setting up a "Zap" (a connection from one software to another, or many others) takes lots of tests with lots of trial and error. This is not necessarily a "con", as most things require tests and are not just "plug-and-play." But I'd advise anyone, especially newcomers to this great software, to count on spending some time to get it right, because it will require quite some time to perfect.

Zapier makes creating integrations fast and easy

There's no secret to use Zapier, all you need to is to play with it, follow simple steps the interface tells you to or read the documentation (that's very abundant). The most recent thing I've learned was to use webhooks and use Zapier to get ou send information directly to apps API. It solves most of the issues I mentioned prior.

Pros

Zapier changed the way I deal with apps and tasks. Now everything I need to accomplish I ask myself: is it possible to use Zapier to make this easier or even totally automated? From simple things like sending happy birthday emails to my clients, to connecting a ERP app with Google Spreadsheets, there's hundreds of apps with thousands of possible combinations possible to make our lives easier.

Cons

Since they revamped the interface for creating and managing Zaps, there's not really anything that I don't like about Zapier. If worth mentioning something, it would be the missing actions, triggers or sometimes apps to integrate, but that's not Zapier's fault, because it depends of the apps making their services available on Zapier. Some apps like Wrike sell their own automating app, so they don't offer many choices inside Zapier. Others like RD Station Marketing lack of possibilities in their own API, so it's not possible to do much too.

Workflow automation made easy

Zapier has become an essential part of my business and my daily life, allowing me to focus on the business matters and thus providing a peace of mind. In order to be notified as soon as an essential email is received, we automate our emails to be delivered to the slack channel. We've connected our database alerts to Slack so that we can keep track of database usage at all times. This allows us to address issues, well in time.

Pros

There is a wide range of applications supported by Zapier that we can use to enhance our productivity. Zapier's first-party apps extend the functionality of the service to unprecedented heights. Zapier can automate a number of tasks, thereby saving our time. I enjoy the wide range of apps that can be integrated with Zapier, as well as the ease of use.

Cons

In order to enhance our workflow, we need to integrate with practically all of the apps we use at our workplace. However, there is a limit of a maximum of 100 free zaps every month. If you automate Google Sheets and other apps, it gets over in a short period of time.

Connecting my apps

Support was very good - and honest - when we uncovered the bug of some of the Slack functionality not working. It's an easy tool to use - I had set up 4 Zaps without a problem and I am not a technical person.

Pros

It's really easy to connect the apps we use to facilitate the exchange of data and increase the functionality of our core applications. An example - we use Ringcentral for phone service and messaging. We realized that as we increase the use of SMS messaging we were "working in silos" not knowing what each other was texting to a customer. We were able to "share text messages" by setting up a Zapier that copied all of the text messages into slack so the entire team could read them. Simple and effective. No programming.

Cons

Zapier had some functions , such as retrieving a new file received in Slack, that do not work. I have been in contact with support, they acknowledge the bug, but will not give an estimate to when it will be fixed. This major flaw has forced us to look at Zapier alternatives to meet our needs.