All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Frontify Reviews

Pros

Frontify is a great tool to visualize and explain our design system in one place – we are very happy with it.

Karen H.

Monika J.

Read the full review
I like the fact that the tool is pretty intuitive in use and that we were able to digitalise our brand assets as well as our brand communication.

Silvan C.

Denisa M.

Read the full review
Search functionality is a little clunky, as it returns all of the text around the search term. Not aware of many new features recently so unsure if there is a roadmap for this.

Read the full review
They had tried other software before, but I found that quite restricting, so I started looking into other software and apps as well. But nothing had the combination of all those things together.

Emma L.

4.9

Great tool to digitize your brand guideline

We used Frontify to digitize our brand guidelines and to provide access to it for all our colleagues around the globe. It's a great tool to present all aspects of your brand and to guide everyone through your brand. It is also a great asset tool for your images/photography and videos, icons and documents. You can also easily personalize your content. The support and training provided by Frontify is a great help even if the tool is very self-explaining. It's the perfect software to digitize your brand standards.

Pros

It's an easy-to-use software, self-explaining and almost endless option to use. The content are easily maintained, changes and updates are done immediately. The management of the user groups, user rights and the targets are very smart. It's a great software for all the needs of a brand portal: for guidelines as well as icon, media and document libraries. And it's perfect for all those who have multiple brands to manage.

Cons

Some functionalities in the presentation of the content can be improved, e.g. using tables

Thank you for the review!

The Publisher is my hero!

I think Frontify is a great software. It's very helpful to have one link for all brand elements and that we are able to personalise it. While building our own style guide, the customer success manager was very helpful with full detailed trainings and keeps me up to date with new features.

Pros

There are many departments in my company that need a lot of banner designs, so I made templates that are easy to use and saves me a lot of time. My colleagues are very happy with this and it gives them the freedom of making their own banners when they need it. Also with the approval feature, I can check if the brand guidelines are respected.

Cons

Hopefully one day we could be able to implement Adobe illustrator files instead of sketch. Our company uses a lot of vectors and illustrations, so it would be nice to be able to change/edit those in the publisher.

Thanks for taking time to leave a review. We're thrilled to hear that you're having so much success with the Publisher feature. Keep being a brand hero!

Frontify powers our design system

Pros

Frontify is very easy to set up. In no time we had our structure for our product design system up and running. It's very easy to switch between edit and view modes. The text formatting options and the blocks offered make it very simple to create the specifications for components and share them with the development team.

Cons

What I am missing is a way to collaborate in real time with others on the same page in Frontify. I would also like more block options to help explain more detailed interactions in a more visual way (for example I really like the Dos and Don'ts block and would like more options like that). A comment function would also be interesting as well as more sub-navigation options within pages.

Thanks so much for your feedback, Denisa. We're glad you're finding the product so easy to use. Also, I love your ideas for the additional blocks (the Do's and Don'ts is a favorite block of mine, too). I'll pass them along to our product team.

Very easy to use, intuitive tools

Easy way to create company guides....very quick to edit and add content

Pros

Simple to pick up. Intuitive editing and layout tools which encourage clean structuring of text and graphics. Simple admin to manage users.

Strong brand management platform

Overall, easy company to do business with and a user-friendly software platform.

Pros

Setting up a site to manage and control access to our brand guidelines was extremely simple with Frontify. It took very little training to be able to utilize the features in our package, as well.

Cons

I suppose there might have been some limitations around some of the core platform's templates but that didn't necessarily impact our use of the tool. I tend to think brand management software like this is typically more important for B2C companies than B2B ones but our use of Frontify was definitely successful, especially after going through a brand refresh and needing to ensure adherence to new corporate standards.

Hi Jonathan, thank you so much for taking time to leave a review. We're thrilled to read that you're finding it easy both to use our platform and work with us. As for the template limitations, our product team is constantly making additions and improvements. If you have any specific recommendations, feel free to reach out to me or your account manager and we'll pass it along. Thanks, again!

Our unified platform for everything around the brand and its design

Pros

With our Brand Portal (frontify), we have one global platform for everything around our brand and its design. The platform has been implemented in August 2019 and is globally available for our 30k employees. They have access to all style guides, an asset library with more than 60k assets, as well as many other important brand topics and elements. The platform is managed by our global Brand & Corp. Design as well as UX team. Maintaining, adapting and updating the platform is as easy as 123. The system is pretty self-explanatory, easy-to-use and to navigate.

Cons

At the moment, we're only using the Style Guides and Icon Library products. Both products work very well and comply with our expectations and needs. The two products Publisher and Media Library are currently tested and reviewed. Compared to other products in the market, the Publisher feature from Frontify is not as sophisticated as expected though. Other than that, we're really satisfied with the products and service from Frontify. Also, we've received fantastic feedback from all around the world - our regional and local Brand & Design team are very happy with the platform.

Hi Michael, thanks for taking time to leave us a review. We're glad to hear things are going well. As for our Publisher feature, we have some exciting updates in the works.

Awesome brand tool

Very happy!

Pros

User-friendly and looks current! Not getting complaints from agencies.

Cons

Unable to upload all types of files, but there's a good selection that works.

Thanks for taking time to leave a review. We're thrilled to hear that you're having success. Cheers!

Awesome support and teamwork

Our team is happy to use Frontify brand tool since almost one year. We get awesome support and suggestions on how to improve our customer experience. Our needs are listened and our suggestions are taken seriously. When we find out that something is missing, the product team is ready to put it in the development pipeline and assure that all our request are considered in the future. The strong effort to improve and change what is not working, is a strong driver to work with Frontify in a long term prospective.

Pros

It makes our brand looks consistent and accessible in all the organization. Have everything that we need to control our brand identity and share it with other also externally.  I love the support of the team and how they listen to our needs. This is so important to me.

Cons

The fact that some times there are small bugs (ex. downloads of some templates), but they are fixed really quickly.

Thanks so much for the review! Support is also really important to us, so we're glad that you're experiencing great customer & product support on your end. Thanks again and happy branding!

Empower your brand!

I highly recommend Frontify to all companies who need to boost their brand and marketing materials. I dont want to miss the oportunity to thank [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (our Guest Experience Manager from Frontify) for her continuous help. Overall, since its implementation Frontify has had a positive impact in our company and how our employees interact with our brand, which each day is being used more and more.

Pros

Frontify helped us to better organise our brand materials throughout the company. It's a platform easy to use that alows you centralize all your content virtually.

Cons

It has been a great experience so far. No problems at all.

Many thanks for the review, Jose! We're thrilled to hear that you've had a positive experience with empowering your brand so far. Keep going!

Frontify - Fast, smooth and customer oriented

We launched our new Brand Manual nine months ago. From the very first contact, it has been a pleasure to work with Frontify. They have a way of making complex matters easy to understand and to always be there to assist whenever we need. They truly listen to us and are open and grateful for new suggestions. Customer service is fast, friendly and competent. As their customer, we are very satisfied.

Pros

This software is very fast and easy to use.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like. Whatever I have suggested, Frontify has been eager to dig into and solve most of it.

Thanks for your kind words! We're super happy to hear that your Brand Manual is going so well. Cheers!

A great tool that bridges the gap between branding, design and programming

I've been working with a small but quickly growing startup called Just Arrived that matches newly arrived immigrants with simple jobs at Swedish companies. I'm a UX designer at an agency supporting them with both visual design and UX spanning a couple of months. Since my time there was limited I wanted to find a good tool for Just Arrived, where you could store everything regarding the brand (brand...

Pros

That it manages several aspects of a brand and keeps them in one place, in a neat and good looking way that's easily accessible and editable.

Cons

Some of the minor user interactions aren't completely smooth and there are some minor bugs.

Totally recommended

In general, I am very happy with Frontify, it is super friendly and quite intuitive for the end user, it has also provided us a tool that saves us a lot of time by simplifying the search processes for photographs as well as having all the brand manuals updated and available 24/7

Pros

The best functions that we use with this platform are the digitized brand manuals as well as the media library, both fully functional and very easy to use.

Cons

Other aspects that could be improved: include other languages or improving / updating the tutorial videos as well as the statistical reports of the platform.

Thanks for your review! We're happy to read that you're finding the platform "super friendly". That's important to us! And thanks for the feedback on languages, tutorial videos, and analytics. We're constantly working on improving the platform. Feedback like yours help us make Frontify all the more friendlier for the people who use it.

Makes many things easier

Our overall experience is very positive. It's a great solution and it makes a lot of things easier. All our guidelines and assets are in the same place and everything can be adapted in a very short time. Everything is always up to date and in one place. We can really recommend this solution.

Pros

It's very easy to use and the usability is great. The employees get on very well with Frontiy and no major instructions are needed. It simplifies many processes and is very helpful when working with partners. It saves a lot of time to maintain guidelines and assets on the plattform. The support is very fast an reliable. Frontify is very responsive to customer requests.

Cons

The integration took a little more time, but that was mainly due to our previous solution. But Frontify was able to solve it very well.

Thanks for the feedback, Eliane!

Frontify makes your brand styleguide looking good and saves you a lot of time maintaining it!

Pros

Frontify really supports me as a designer and helps me and my company to preserve and improve our corporate design guidelines and brand awareness. Although the product was great from the beginning they are constantly adding cool new features and functionality to make the product even better.

Cons

Since Frontify introduced the DAM module I have no cons anymore :-), before it was quite a task to manage all the digital assets and keep them up to date

Thank you!

Amazing and very useful tool

I've been working with frontify from the beginning. We started working with the swiss guys in 2012 and after several agency projects we've put LUFTHANSA on that platform. A lot of agencies are now collaborate and we were able to create and document a common UI/UI language for that client.

Pros

easy to use, very flexible, new and required features are coming up very quickly

Cons

could have more APIs for 3rd party creative tools

Thank you very much for your review.

Frontify Review

The Frontify team is beyond exceptional to work with. Specifically [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been very helpful in guiding us to get the most from the platform. Easy to understand the platform and bring new users up to speed. Highly recommend for members working to find a asset management system.

Pros

Ability to access all information for all brands in one platform.

Cons

Trying to utiize for content reviews in the same manner we have today - but system enhancements are coming that may allow this functionality.

Thanks for the review!

Frontify is easy to learn and use. As a brand manager this is the tool you need.

Easier overview of our brand, written guidelines to share with whom you have to share them, downloads to ensure that everyone is working with the right logos etc.

Pros

It's very easy to learn and to understand. Further, you can easily share the content with others and you even find the needed topic very quickly. The software is very handy and enables the possibility to explain the brand in a good way. And I'm sure, we still do not use every option Frontify has on offer.

Cons

There is nothing to mention. I am very happy with it. What I could mention is that we do not use every feature and we should really change that.

Thank you for your review. We're proud to have Edelweiss as a customer and to help you to enhance your brand consistency.

Brand Management reloaded

Creating and maintaining a cool brand portal including style guides and brand assets and the ability to discuss designs online has never been easier than with Frontify. That's the way to go in the digital age.

Pros

atomic design principle, version history of layouts, easy handling by drag & drop feateures, easy annotating, customization, easy style guide options.

easy to use

With frontify we have a platform on which we can provide content for employees and external service providers. The maintenance of the content is very easy and can be adjusted at any time with little effort.

Pros

I like the easy usability of this software.

Cons

The most difficult point was the preparation of a legally compliant processing contract under Article 28 of the basic data protection regulation

I wish I found Frontify sooner

Pros

Super easy to create the source of truth for your orgs branding and share with others. I plan to continue to use or encourage using Frontify in all of my future workplaces, as every place needs structure and organization for their design systems.

Cons

I wish there was a way for users who aren't admin members to invite others within their organization to their style guides. It makes it tough when only one person has admin access and you need to request everytime you want to add somebody.

First time its hard to use but after using some times it got better and easy.

Pros

This is the value of your business. Email marketing is fab here. There are many features that will be very useful to market your business. If you are tight in money definitely go for it.

Cons

The first time it is likely hard to use. But after using it several times it just got better. Maybe social media can be improved.

The perfect solution for our Brand

The tool gives us the possibility to communicate more effectively our brand values and the aility to share our brand assets more easily. Also the possibility to do more efficient project management with external partners and agencies is a big improvement.

Pros

Cons

There is always space for more flexibility in design.

Thanks for the review!

Quite easy to implement, set-up and use. Very focussed and clear user interface. Swiss quality.

Up-to-date, living and collaborative online guidelines.

Pros

The modularity, extensive search function and expandability to our client needs. The seeting up and content filling is quite easy and targeted in the front-end system.

Cons

Possibilities in customising for corporate look & feel. Link between guideline section and workspace section. Look&feel of the workspace section.

Thank you!

Top UX/design management and collaboration tool!

Frontify is a super usable tool to manage our brand guidelines, our brand assets and the whole design process on one platform. It allows us to streamline and optimize the collaboration between designers and developers across our vast range of digital frontend projects.

Thx!

Easy and fun product!

Pros

It´s easy to learn, a lot of features and always fast & accurate support!

Cons

I wish a content block could be duplicated (without being referenced)

Hi Lotta, thanks so much for the review. We love that you're having fun with it! I'll relay your feedback on the content blocks to our product team. Cheers!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.