ChurnZero

Customer engagement & retention for subscription businesses

visit website

ChurnZero Reviews

Pros

ChurnZero is super easy to use, which makes for an easy rollout process internally. The application has allowed my team to be more proactive and even better, more timely in their proactive outreach.

TS

Thomas S.

Great customer service! my main contract is always happy to help. Great way to keep track of client usage/adoption.

Jordan S.

The CSM we have been assigned to is great, and is always very responsive when I have a question. CZ has certainly given us a glimpse into our customers that we did not have before.

CP

Craig P.

Cons

The HelpScout sync only shows a small preview and formats badly to where the small preview takes up the whole page making it difficult to easily see past conversations.

There's nothing I can say that I outright dislike about ChurnZero, just 'wish-list' types of things that come up.

EW

Eric W.

Data is pushed in 1 day after it occurs. Lack of time of day activity is occurring reporting, only total for the day.

CP

Craig P.

ChurnZero and it's support

Once we finally got up and going with it, it has freed up our team members to push other balls forward and use our time in more efficient ways.

Pros

Having a tool dedicated to CSM's has been a game changer for us.

Cons

Our company had a hard time finding the right person/team to implement this. Some guidanance in those initial setup steps would have been helpful.

Game changer for our customer success department

Before CZ we did not have any visibility on customer usage and we had to rely on customer reporting to understand how and if our product was being used. With CZ we can measure adoption and usage and provide intervention and support as needed.

Pros

ChurnZero has allowed us to create an effective, personalized and scalable onboarding process for our clients. It has given us the insight and the tools we needed to improve retention and expansion.

Cons

It's time consuming to integrate and implement, but totally worth it.

A must have! This product has made a major impact on how I successfully manage my book of business.

Pros

The customer activity tracking and alerts. It allows me to better understand how my customers are using their systems and if they are not using their systems so I can better support my clients.

Cons

There is honestly nothing I dislike about this software. It provides me with everything I need to help me better manage my book of business.

Useful Retention Tool

Pros

ChurnZero makes managing a large number of clients manageable for our team. It has allowed us to monitor client behavior, report on engagement, and get ahead of risk.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve as the UI can be somewhat overwhelming for new users. There is so much valuable information - it can be hard to know where to start!

Very Easy to Use

We are using a one to many customer success model and the ability to segment our customers and engage them using automated emails is amazing. Playbook creation is very simple so if a play isn't working you can quickly update it or create a new one. Monitoring customer usage of our software from within CZ and tracking the users customer journey, milestones and achievements are great features.

Pros

I'm a first time Customer Success Manager and have found ChurnZero very easy to use. This is especially impressive since I started my CSM role while ChurnZero was still in the implementation phase at our company. The support team has been really great too.

Cons

Sometimes it can be a bit difficult to get all the data you want into the same report. I'd attribute 80% of this issue to my newness with the system. As I understand it a new reporting module will be launched soon so I anticipate this will be a non-issue soon.

Great Customer Success Management tool

Pros

Churnzero's easy implementation and integration with Salesforce is great. Having these datapoints in the tool makes it easy to analyze and set up actions accordingly

Cons

I find switching between different tabs to be clunky and often discover that I did not actually click on the tab I thought I had and have to go re-click.

The CZ team is an extension of our team.

Pros

The features that are most impactful are the custom dashboards. Being able to pull together all our customers data in a visual medium has been useful from the board room to our CSM 1:1s.

Cons

There are so many ways to do all the things that sometimes it can be a little confusing.

Good platform, some integration issues

Prior we were only using Salesforce for CSM management so this platform helped a lot but there are some shortcomings.

Pros

Overall this product gives the customer success team the information they need to see. It is simple for them to see aggregate NPS Score, Revenue, etc of all their accounts.

Cons

The integration with Salesforce is not designed well- its pretty basic, if you have a more complicated SF setup it may not integrate well. Example- it does not integrate with custom objects, we use a custom Task/Event object for activities rather than the out of the box one and churner activities will not sync with out custom object.

Excellent Insight!

Usage information helps me manage and sell to my clients more efficiently.

Pros

I really like the ability to tell when/if/how often my clients are using our software. It definitely helps me tailor my sales pitch based on what they're currently using, and how I think we can expand our offering.

Cons

It's a little tough to learn how to use the segments for reporting, but once you understand how it works, it's really impactful.

A CSM Dream Come True!

I love ChurnZero - hands down, if you have CSM's, you need this. I would spend hours each week trying to get a pulse on my clients and their activity. Too much wasted time and not a strong guarantee on accuracy. ChurnZero has allowed me to accurately gauge my clients giving me the upper hand knowing how to be a valuable asset to my client.

Pros

My day-to-day tasks are revolved around a large client base and many touch-points to ensure they stay happy clients! ChurnZero take away the "guess work" on a clients standing with their activity, follow up tasks, appts, etc. Its the best thing I have experienced as a CSM.

Cons

I think things like segments could be a little more "all in one" vs creating many individual ones so you could forecast renewals a little quicker but I think this is something we are working on to setup.

Fits our need as we scale

We are able to publish metrics to the organization which keeps a pulse on who is engaged and who is not. It has provided tremendous insight to our leadership team.

Pros

This software has allowed us to manage and scale our business as we get larger. We have more clients to manage and our support staff doesn't lend itself to a high-touch model. Therefore we rely on ChurnZero to deliver the insights that we need on a daily basis. This allows to get out in front of adoption and engagement before the client churns. I like the event tracking and live export functionality.

Cons

Like any SaaS application, we don't have the time or resources to learn every feature inside/out. However, our CS and Support reps are quick to help us out.

ChurnZero keeps me organized

Challenging to learn at first but once you get up and running it is a game changer!

Pros

It's a one-stop shop when it comes to meeting with my clients. After every meeting I log notes, compose a follow-up message, and set tasks for myself.

Cons

The formatting when it comes to writing emails is off. It could really use a plug in with word or something.

Helpful with some limitations

Pros

Ease of use Great organizational tool to keep CSMs on top of tasks and aware of accounts Great CSM

Cons

Reporting limitations In-app messages do not look slick

ChurnZero has been incredibly helpful in my role! Customer success is A+ as well.

Pros

I am able to quickly view all our customers and see how usage is trending. Usage can be measured by a variety of different metrics, all of which make up a 'Churn Score.' I can also identify power users/laggards at each customer account, and use the Play function to proactively send automatic emails.

Cons

There are several reports/dashboards that I'd like to be able to see and can't currently. For example, being able to look at the percentage of users at an account and how this has changed over time in a line graph. I'm looking forward to seeing where the software goes over the next 6 months or so.

ChurnZero for the Training Team

Overall, this program has provided so many benefits to my team. My hope is that we can continue to customize the system for our needs to provide even deeper insights into what our clients are doing before and after training.

Pros

We are able to get actionable insights into what our clients are doing before and after a training. We are then able to use that to guide future sessions as well. From a training perspective, this program provides us an opportunity to show ROI to our management.

Cons

It can be a little complex to use in the beginning. But they have an amazing training staff (Abby) who has guided us every step of the way.

It helps us understand what our customers think of our product

Pros

It helps me to track my users and how they are feeling about our products. It's very important for us because it helping us to reduce churn

Cons

It's not very easy to use, not intuitive, it took me a lot to learn how to use it and get the best of it

The command center has been extremely helpful to keep track of tasks and pending tasks.

Pros

When you're an account manager with a lot of clients, it can be difficult to manage projects and campaigns. The command center helps prevent any tasks slipping through the cracks. Ultimately you want to make sure you're not leaving clients behind. It can be too late to save a client by the time you find out they're about to churn. Intervention is not prevention, when you used correctly, Churn Zero is the prevention tool.

Cons

I haven't really seen any cons, it'd be good to have more customization options. I'm sure this is something that will be implemented.

It's been a great way for me to view all the information related to an account.

Pros

How it consolidates all the information you'd need about your clients and users into one place. Most importantly it pulls in extremely helpful information on assessing whether or not a client is in good health. It's hard to keep all of that information organized and to check up on it regularly but between ChurnZero's notifications and consolidation of information, you feel much more confident that you are up to date.

Cons

It does feel like there is a lot crammed onto every page. I think there could be less graphics and visuals on the dashboard and command center.

ChurnZero helps us understand our customers and automate the communications with them so we minimize

Pros

Automate messages depending on usage, country, type, plan, etc. Getting a proper onboarding process in place Understand users

Cons

No proper and understandable Dashboard of Team activities Dashboards in general

Great platform to automate & track Success

We have a platform for our Success team that goes above & beyond what a traditional CRM could offer. It's critical to have software that's tailored to our team's needs, and ChurnZero meets those needs.

Pros

They are completely focused on automating Customer Success. Extremely valuable for tech-touch clients and easy onboarding, while still remaining an excellent platform for your team to live in and monitor/track higher value clients.

Cons

Not much! Could have more custom reports with graph options, and the email editor is somewhat minimalist, but it's hard to find negatives to the product.

GREAT TOOL!

I use Churn Zero daily. Great tool that allows myself and my team to organize our book of business.

Pros

Easy to use & customize. Colorful and fun graphs that show data

Cons

No cons I can think of off the top of my head.

Churn Zero has taken us from being reactive with customers to proactive. It allows for great insight

being able to easily track where my clients are at and take action before issues arise.

Pros

alerts, slack integration, being able to create your own customized journeys, being able to have cool dashboards and insight into customers usage right there at your fingertips. Integration with SFDC is great and it is just so customizable for our needs. The support and our CSM, Chase, has been amazing too.

Cons

I don't love the way that they do 'plays' but I've already talked to our CSM about it and they are working to improve that. There is very little to not like.

Next level accountability

Pros

I love how the software works with our data to give us the health status of our clients based on our own success metrics.

Cons

There really isn't much not to like about his product to be honest.

OMG SO AMAZING!!!!

any and all i can think of

Pros

How much information I can have and how I don't have a limit for it . I use this daily and i dont have any issues and can find anything and everything I need.

Cons

Intuitive platform coupled with great support

Pros

Understanding user behavior in an effort to prevent Churn is a big task that comes with a lot of moving parts. Churn Zero does a great job of helping you get up and running, but knows this is not a "set it and forget it" effort. They've been prepared to help us become more effective with the tool and bring a high level of expertise. The software is really flexible in making sure you see only what matters most to you, while giving you the ability to automate bulk actions easily.

Cons

The learning curve can be steep. The software works really well but the nuances of your organizational data came cause some challenges as you try to get up to speed. Their CSMs help make this transition a little less painful but it all takes time. The software can do so much, you have to really govern yourself to get value right away.