Gusto

Gusto makes payroll, benefits, & employee onboarding easy

visit website

Gusto Reviews - Page 6

3,080 reviews

Makes Payroll a Breeze, Great Value

As stated above, the benefits administration is a godsend! With our company growing so fast, it would be difficult to do all the hiring paperwork, track benefits and time off, etc without their fabulous interface.

Pros

Verus other payroll processing companies, Gusto has complete ease of set up and payroll processing. Also, Love the benefits administration when using their benefits providers. Saves on the need for a full time HR administrator. Reasonable rate for the monthly processing and for the benefits offered.

Cons

Setting up accounts in new states, doesn't give you enough time to apply and receive account information before giving warnings.

Gusto is quite possibly the best payroll/HR system out there for smaller companies

Very easy to use, customer service is top-notch, and although the price is a little high it's worth it.

Pros

Easy to use portal for payroll on both the employee and the employer sides. Has plenty of integrations - TurboTax, Quickbooks, Xero...

Cons

It can be considered pretty expensive for some small companies. Can have long wait times/hold for customer service.

Great, affordable payroll software!

Pros

Gusto provides seamless integration to workman's compensation, insurance, 401k, and other facets of human resources, in addition to filing of periodic tax forms with governmental entities. The amount my firm and clients pay for Gusto is a great bang for buck as compared to the services provided by Gusto.

Cons

The only problems I have with Gusto is that there were hiccups where we were required to file our own payroll tax filings for certain states, due to Gusto not being set up as the TPA at the time. This was mostly our fault, but I had hoped that Gusto could help us resolve this on their end.

An Excellent Fit for Small Businesses

Gusto is an excellent payroll and employee management tool for small and medium sized businesses who need and want to implement a formalized employee program, without the need to create cumbersome internal systems or relying on outmoded communications tools.

Pros

Gusto makes it very easy for a small business to take on the highly regulated employee management. From onboarding and ensuring policies are distributed and we have collected records of receipt and signatures, to the ability to send care packages to our distributed workforce, our administrators and employees feel more in control.

Cons

While Gusto's interface is easy to navigate, toggling between administrator and employee view causes confusion sometimes.

I love Gusto!

Overall, I think Gusto is one of the best payroll systems out there!

Pros

Gusto was recently introduced to our company for payroll and I love it. The setup was easy, the time clock is efficient, you can see your upcoming payday, time off requests, and even check your tax withholdings.

Cons

It is difficult to find certain things such as time-off requests. There is a section to request time off but once it is approved, it is difficult to locate the dates.

Payroll services for small business

The biggest benefit it gives me as a small business is the ability to not spend time on worrying about payroll, taxes, documentation, etc.

Pros

I like Gusto because it links to another service I use for time cards, it's trustworthy and my team can upload their own direct deposit info, pull their w-2 and change their w-4 as needed helping me to avoid the need to be full HR while trying to run a business. It sends you several reminders to run payroll before the deadline so you can meet your team's timing expectations. They file documents for you with the State and Fed government as well.

Cons

The software requires a pull of the payroll funds from your business account for 5 days in advance for contractors and for full-time employees as well - at least until you build up some "credit-worthiness" then it goes down to 2 days in advance. Also I wish there was a way to set up a calendar notice of when to have payroll approved to download it to your calendar without manually entering it.

If you're looking for a do it yourself company, this is it.

Overall, I loved it when we had a few employees. Once we started growing though, we had to switch. Highly recommend to small start ups!

Pros

Priced excellent and it reminds you all the documents you have to send in.

Cons

You have to file all the documents yourself, whereas other payroll companies do it for you.

Gusto: The Best Payroll For Small Business

We have been using Gusto since it was ZenPayroll and I wouldn't think of using any other product. Gusto makes payroll simple, integrates with Quickbooks and gives our company a clear transparent payroll process. Employees and clients can look at past payroll history effortlessly and transparently. An asset to any business.

Pros

Gusto sets out everything in a clear concise manner. It has an easy to use interface which means less time concentrating on payroll and more time concentrating on projects and the needs of our clients.

Cons

We haven't found anything that we disliked about Gusto or about the customer support. I can't say this about any other product we use in our business.

Not so excited about Gusto

Okay for a Trial period, but did not like to learn to regularly use

Pros

Could record time & pay without error, producing paycheck with accuracy, including payroll taxes due and when, and could set-up for quarterly filing.

Cons

Not real easy to learn or set-up for the initial time-period, couldn't set-up certain parts, so not really as usable as desired.

If you like the pain of Payroll Don't hire gusto! They make payroll seem non-existent!

An all in one solution for payroll has saved me time and an insane amount of money. I can't say enough about how excited I am that technology like this exists.

Pros

I love, love, love that i can export emplyee hours from T-Sheets into Gusto with just a few clicks. I love that my employees can go onto Gusto and make changes to their own account for tax purposes and time off requests.

Cons

This isin't really a Con but since i've only been using it for a few years but I can't help but wonder if everything is getting done. Customer support reassures me that the IRS is getting my payments but they make everything soo easy it seems to good to be true!

Gusto is the best!

Not only the administrators love it but the employees too. It is so easy to use and they never have an issues finding exactly what they need.

Pros

Ease of use - for admins as well as employees Accessibility - no one ever has any issues finding and accessing their items Organization - gives us a place for all of our payroll needs

Cons

Nothing, it has been great. We switched from ADP and thought that we would have issues with coming from such a large payroll company but Gusto has been amazing.

Nearly perfect HR but an amazing value

Despite the lack of some features, we've been with Gusto for several years and the value and the customer support more than make up for it.

Pros

Gusto is beautiful, easy, and has all of the basics. Personally, I don't have time to spend more than a few hours each week on HR but Gusto makes running payroll and onboarding new staff quick; keeping our paperwork to a minimum; and handles benefits like a pro.

Cons

Gusto is missing a few features that would make it a perfect product. Timesheets are *very* basic. Reports can be a little cumbersome. And there's no feature or integration for performance management or applicant tracking.

I love Gusto

Pros

I used Gusto at several jobs and my current job sadly transitioned away from it (though to a no less wonderful program.) Gusto wins in my book for several reason from a User end. First off, it is super user friendly. It's easy to navigate, they email you as soon as your paycheck hits (my current software has a delay in this), and two huge bonuses are that you can export your W4s straight into your tax software by linking with Gusto *and* you can access multiple jobs from it. This was great when several jobs I worked all used Gusto, because come tax season, I didn't have to log into four different sites.

Cons

There was nothing I disliked about Gusto. If I had to reach, I'd simply say that their cute, fun aesthetic also reaches their print PDF paystubs, which made me a little nervous when I was turning them in to be approved for an apartment or such.

Fantastic Modern Payroll Platform

At my previous company, we didn't have any type of payroll app like this for employees. I wish I had known about it sooner so I could have implemented it there. The only other tool I've used is ADP, which was older and a bit antiquated. Gusto is much more up-to-date and the UI is so much cleaner.

Pros

Our company uses Gusto to manage payroll and it's so easy to use. Their interface is very straightforward and quickly allows you to update personal info, allowances and other payroll info. It also has a really nice monthly survey it sends out to all employees asking for feedback about how the company is doing. It's a great way to anonymously let leadership know how employees feel about the company in general and specific departments.

Cons

We use Employee Navigator to manage time off, benefits tracking and some other miscellaneous HR data. It'd be great if Gusto offered those features as well so it could be all-in-one solution rather than having to use two separate apps.

Look no further!

What a wonderful program to work with when in HR. From onboarding to payroll, it's super user friendly. I honestly have ZERO reasons to look at any other programs.

Pros

Running payroll with Gusto makes me not hate payroll! It let's me upload the files I need to use, it handshakes with other programs we use and it really walks me through each piece of payroll so I don't forget anything.

Cons

Customer service messages are usually responded to the following day which can be hard if you need a response right away HOWEVER I have yet to need anything urgent so the next day has typically worked great for me.

I’d recommend Gusto with, ugh, GUSTO!

Wonderful! As a small business, if we didn't have something thats so easy to use, that manages tax and reporting, and manages benefits and workers comp. insurance, we'd be drowning in admin every day.

Pros

Gusto is very easy to use. It links seamlessly with T-sheets (Intuit Time) so our staff clock in and out and we monitor this on that app, and then at payroll time just click a button and its done!

Cons

Not many, to be honest. If i could be nitpicky, it doesn't in and of itself seem to have an inbuilt clock in and out timekeeping function, at least not as good as T-sheets, so we have to run two sets of softeare.

If I could give 6 stars, I would

I work with small non-profits, specifically churches and ministries. Many of them are still doing their own payroll internally through Quickbooks or something. But the problem with that is that there are really no other extra features besides just payroll. Whereas Gusto has digital onboarding, online timecards, and automatic accrual tracking. And, I know I said it before, the system is SO super simple that even a kid could use it.

Pros

Oh my goodness this is literally the easiest payroll software EVER! I work mostly with small non-profit organizations who struggle with the business side of things but Gusto is so super easy, that it is honestly hard to mess anything up! I love their graphics, the easy steps, and how simple it is to find stuff. On top of all of this, their customer service is amazing!

Cons

The cost is a little on the high side, especially the per person cost for some of their higher levels of service. With that being said, it is the perfect software for organizations that are smaller and don't necessary need the 50 million bells and whistles but benefit from the additional features even in the base plan.

Gusto is an HR dream!

My overall experience has been pretty great, I enjoy using this software.

Pros

I love how absolutely easy it is to use this software! Running payroll is already a complicated process, but doing it on Gusto was so simple it alleviated the headache for my business. A huge fan of this and the benefits set up.

Cons

The customer support can be very slow which can be annoying to deal with when it's an urgent matter.

Best payroll service, hands down

I love it, especially the automation features that allow me to be very hands-off with repetitive tasks.

Pros

The simplicity of the interface, automation of reports, the ease of customization.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is that sometimes some features are buried in places that don’t make a ton of sense. For example whenever I want the payroll calendar I have to hunt for it because it’s not where I assume it would be. Same thing when I’ve run payroll and need to cancel it to make a change, I can’t ever remember where to find that feature so I end up spending time hunting for it.

Gusto has saved me so much time when it comes to quarterly and year-end form filings!

Time-saving!

Pros

The Gusto customer-service team is amazing. From the moment you decide you want to implement the system, they are right there to promptly answer all of your questions and assist with the migration of information. For client with multiple states, the cost is more than worth the times it saves me in filing quarterly and year-end payroll tax returns. Employees love it as well as they have one place to go to see their paystubs, W2s, benefits, and PTO online.

Cons

A few items are not as customizable as a few other payroll products will let you do (mostly with clergy housing).

Payroll

I've never had an issue with Gusto. It is by far the best payroll software I've ever used. Quick and easy to use.

Pros

It's the easiest payroll software I've ever used. You're two clicks away from anything you need on this site.

Cons

Can't say I didn't like anything about with software. It is the best payroll software I've ever dealt with.

Hands Down The Best HR System For Small Business

I feel like we used to have to spend a lot more to start a business. Tools like Gusto have made it a breeze to bring on talented teams and give them some of what they get in larger organizations. They're great to work with and have helped me understand certain aspects of HR and talent more than any other tool I've probably used (including the big/complicated/extensible/expensive HRIS packages).

Pros

It's easy to setup, easy to add different benefit options, they have fantastic people to call to get help. And it's not very expensive. Not sure what else you can ask for!

Cons

This is tough, because Gusto does what it says on the box. It's not some complicated HRIS solution so it doesn't do some of the really complicated stuff. You get what you get. However, if you have to do some complicated stuff, think really hard about whether it's right in the current market. Thus far, I've found the Gusto way to 100% be right with a little bit of deep thinking about my own practices that conflict with theirs.

Easy to use payroll system

Very satisfied customer. Coming from Paychex and their cumbersome system, using Gusto has been an awesome transition.

Pros

Ease of use. Integration with my timecard system (Homebase) has made submitting payroll a breeze. I like the onboarding process of new employees and how Gusto handles my employee benefits and time off as well.

Cons

I would like the timecard system to be improved so I would not need another solution to handle that.

Outstanding solution and customer service - best payroll solution for smaller comp,anies

Payroll is difficult and small business owners do not have time to figure out all the hassle. Larger companies like ADP can be expensive and difficult to setup. Gusto is out there to happily help out the confused people like myself so we can focus on what we do best, running our business and not dealing with payroll and paperwork.

Pros

Easy to use, even for those of us who don't understand payroll at all. Easy to navigate as well, the best payroll solution out there for small businesses since it simplifies everything .The customer support was immediate, smart people will chat with you right away, very responsive, very intelligent customer support. The solution was streamlined and optimized for the times, automating paperwork for the CARES act right when it was passed. Super easy to get started, makes payroll as fun as it can get.

Cons

I'm not sure what happens when your company gets really big, I've never managed this part of the process when I was at big companies but not sure how effective it will be at large organizations.

Payroll has never been easier!

My overall experience has been incredible. Thank you Gusto!

Pros

Being in a firm that is growing rapidly I love that I don't have to stress about making sure everyone is paid on time and that I am able to review their submitted requests for sick leave or vacation. I love that Gusto now gives the employees of the firm the option to track their time! This has been one of my most favorite features of Gusto! Gusto continuously amazes me with their awesome updates.

Cons

I've been using Gusto for years now and I have not encountered any problems thus far! Keep up the good work Gusto!