RefNow Reviews

Thorough reference

A lot more detailed than expected, but I can understand how that is extremely beneficial for the hiring company.

Pros

Prompts made me think thoroughly about the specifics of the candidate’s attributes and shortcomings.

Cons

Answers felt a little cold. Much more nuance able to be communicated when providing a reference person to person.

An excellent software and accessible to everyone!

RefNow helps our business to efficiently monitor and record data and I'd definitely recommend others using this software too.

Pros

RefNow is an efficient and easy to use software that can be accessible to everyone. It's clear and concise when compared to others in the market.

Cons

I liked all aspects of RefNow and don't see any room for improvement or modification.

Functional but features need work!

Pros

Easy to use Functionality was good Fairly intuitive

Cons

It chased me less than 3 working hours after original email!!!!!! This isn’t not a reasonable timeframe at all

Hi Melissa, We're sorry to hear your experience of using RefNow as a referee was not the service you expected. We would like to offer you 3 months free unlimited use of the RefNow platform for your organisation if you would like to see how it works from the inside / controlling notification frequency to explore your suggestions and ideas for improvements of how some of our features currently...

RefNow - Simple and Effective!

Good, simple experience

Pros

The simplicity of Ref Now was what really appealed to me. The fact that I could simply tick a few boxes, write a reference from an employee & be on my way is why I would recommend the software. Other referencing tools take too much time asking unrelated questions - RefNow was to the point.

Cons

There weren't enough reminders to complete my reference. Although it was a remind a week or so after I had received the request which prompted me to finally complete it - I would have preferred 2-3x weekly reminders given the importance of a reference to someone's future.

Refer a Colleague

Very efficient

Pros

That it was very friendly to use it to recommend a partner for a job. I do it at my own time, and you have the flexibility to do it once you are free of work.

Cons

The process was very usefull. The only problem was that at the beginni8ng I tought that my friend will work at your company, thanks the person call me and says do not get scared if you received an email from a company

Quick and easy references

I found it a seamless process for providing an employee reference.

Pros

I was on the receiving end of an employee reference using RefNow. It was quick and easy to complete and sent me a reminder to complete the reference each day. This makes providing references quick and easy and helps employees with securing employment quickly.

Cons

There were no bad points in my experience.

RefNow Review by CareDogs

I think it's a great system, and I love that it has a charitable arm and offers charities free use!

Pros

I like that it's a simple format that allows the reference writers an easy and straight forward user journey.

Cons

That it's free for charities but you do this by including credits, rather than just being free automatically for charities and non-profits.

Completing a reference using RefNow

I well thought through product which harnesses the power of simplicity, however giving a functional and professional feel to the end product.

Pros

The product was easy to access and use. The layout of the document was simple yet functional. The information held within the document allowed me to summarise what I had to say regarding the individual in question.

Cons

Nothing particularly springs to mind ... it would be interesting to know if auto save functionality is built in if the product or IT infrastructure using it crashed?

So simple to use

Simple and easy but due to my hours that I work felt they sent far too many messages and emails within only a day and a half before I could have proper time to deal with effectively

Pros

So easy to provide a reference using the step by step process

Cons

Felt it could have a section for personal rather than just employment reference

referencing systems and processes

clear communication and information

Pros

ease of use and clear and simple instructions

Cons

Through the advocate of a third party requestor

Makes referencing quick and easy

Easy to use, competitively priced but most importantly has made our referencing process much quicker and hassle free

Pros

- Friendly and intuitive user interface - I’m able to add custom questions to the request - Automatic follow ups and reminder emails - Candidates and referees are able to complete referencing at a time convenient to them (24/7)

Cons

We wanted to have our logo on reference checks, we contacted support and they were able to add that for us.

This was a good experience

Pros

This is easy to use and minimised work for people wanting to gather references for potential employees

Cons

Automated email - would like the option to personalise reference requests.

Easy Software To Use, Would Reccomend

Really great and no complaints!

Pros

Software was seamless and self explanatory. Made the process of giving a reference very easy.

Cons

Nothing springs to mind necessarily, maybe the overall aesthetic could be better.

Easy

See above. I used it on request of a staff member and I liked using it cause it's so easy and fast

Pros

Easy to use, no nonsense interface, fast response/interface

Cons

There was nothing I can complain about. So No cons for me.

Submitting a reference

Pros

It was such a simple, but effective way of submitting a reference.

Cons

The reference was prepopulated in places. In this instance, it was helpful, but this might not always be the case.

Most reference systems ask too many questions, so you struggle to find the time to complete them and this leads to delays, but this was not the case with RefNow as this had simple questions and gave the option to just answer those you need to in line with your own company policy.

Pros

I found this method of providing a reference to be very easy to use, and that is very important to me!

Cons

Nothing - i had no problems using this at all.

easy to use

excellent software would recommend

Pros

I used refnow to fill out reference for previous employee. Very easy to use and quick.

Cons

never found any flaws with the software.

Provided a reference using this system

Was quick and easy

Pros

Its the first time I have used it,very easy and quick

Cons

I have only used this once. There was anything that I can think of to be honest.

Easy New Way to Submit a Reference

I was very happy with the experience.

Pros

This was my first experience of using RefNow. I found it to be one of the most straightforward systems for writing an employee reference - it saved time and enabled clarity. I would rate it 10 out of 10 for ease of use.

Cons

I did not find anything that I did not like. I would recommend the software to others.

Practical and easy to use

As a referee using the system has been straight forward to use and the template settings are very useful and you don't need to think too hard about you're responses.

Pros

Clear instructions and easy to use tabs that allowed me to fill in the boxes with confidence

Cons

I liked everything about the software. It was the first time I used the software and would recommend it to others.

Ode to Capterra

Not sure that this applies to my use case

Pros

It was super easy to provide a reference for my friend

Cons

There was no difficulty in providing my references

Good system

Good

Pros

Very easy to use very quick and the process from start to finish was easy

Cons

Quick and simple system to use would recommend to others

Really straightforward

Pros

Easy to use, simple and quick with clear and concise questions

Cons

The interface looked slightly dated and could be better designed

Software review

Excellent

Pros

I found the software very easy to use. straightforward

Cons

I could not find anything wrong with the software

Made my reference simple

Pros

Easy no problems Straight forward Simple

Cons

Havnt really felt like there's any problems