Sage HR Logo

Manage and engage your workforce wherever they are

Sage HR Reviews

Suggested alternatives

rippling
bamboohr
dayforce-hcm

The ease of use and the wonderful customer support. The software is always helpful and if I don't find the way on how to do something, customer support is always there to help.
Due to the great Slack integration, the chatbot informs us about absent employees every morning and makes it easy to plan our resources. Costumer support is amazing.
CakeHR is a wonderful and handy tool for a small business to keep employee information stored. It integrates with Google Calendar, Slack, and a few others so it is great for us.
No warning given if approving a request for time off for an employee who is over their accrued time off entitlement.
Doesn't have a recruitment module at all and that's very disappointing no value for money.
It has some bad translations in German e.g. Sometimes the holidays from other dep.

Dominique F.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

sage HR management system

Pros

Perfect total HR Recrutement, applican tracking and management. The software is available to evaluate the ongoing employee performances.The software can set leave management, time shift management. Feedback to customer service is quickly handle and the problem is solved. The software have the mobile version son the admin cans set the tool where ever he is.

Cons

The software is a cloud base system thaugh work online, to be constantly collecting dada and updating.

MM

Mark M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Good-needs to be better

Pros

It integrates with Sage accounting software

Cons

It’s very basic and quite expensive. Needs to be cheaper or offer a lot more for the money.

AM

Anna M.

3 out of 5 stars application

I use a very basic set of Sage HR functional, but it still makes me face some issues, which is not the most comfortable experience. Calendar and Company tabs are OK

Pros

It has basic functional needed for a HRM process. The dev team adds new features and updates from time to time.

Cons

The main and critical functional still has A LOT of issues. For example, we have a limited amount of Emergency Days available, BUT Sage do not show me any alerts when people overuse the Policy. Which makes me basically keep a track of things by myself. Also, almost a year ago I reported a few bugs to a customer support, and I still see those bugs from time to time. E.g. I don't think it's necessary to have a "death" item in a dropdown regarding the termination reason.... Like seriously? You guys already have "other" and I personally think it's enough

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Sage HR - Review

Pros

Easy to use and anyone new user we have that needs to use the program picks it up very quickly. Fairly cheap and regular updates.

Cons

UI looks very outdated compared to competitors.

Thank you so much for your review of Sage HR!

SG

Suresh G.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

The Best HR Features With Sage HR

Pros

One thing I like about Sage HR is that it offers top notch human resource features including performance management capabiliites. I like the time, attendance, and applicant tracking features It comes with employee scheduling and is also mobile friendly

Cons

No regrets after using Sage HR for a long time now

Hi Suresh, Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review of Sage HR. We appreciate it! We're glad that you're seeing value in the features of Sage HR for performance management, attendance and leave, and more.

Anna J.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

One of the quickest growing HR systems on the market

Only second to one system, which is unaffordable for us. I look forward to seeing how this company develops. I recommend this system for any growing startup and SME.

Pros

Very responsive team. Slack integration of the leave management is handy and updates in realtime Leave management is really good, I like that you can extra mandatory fields. We use this to track out of office staff, and remote working. It's also used to track time spent on their personal wellbeing. The app is handy, I know most of the staff use this instead of the web version. The org chart with collapsable levels and drag and drop changes is a very strong feature.

Cons

most cons are just potential development and improvement as apposed to major flaws. Adding timesheets could be more streamlined, maybe a quick add from a calendar style overview would be nicer. Expense management - it would be great to be able to integrate with Xero.

Dear Anna, Thank you very much for your valuable feedback and suggestions. Let's hop on a call and discuss those in more details. I will be in touch with you :) With thanks, Viktorija

MZ

Md. Zahid H.

Public Relations and Communications, 1-10 employees

Reliable HR Platform for Small and Medium-Sized Businesses

Sage HR increased our productivity and aided in better management. Since we began utilizing it, we have been able to track employee attendance as well as work schedules. This makes it easier to manage our workers and reduces downtime. Despite the pricing concerns, I strongly recommend this platform to any developing firm or Entrepreneur.

Pros

I like Sage HR because of its simple and user-friendly interface. The platform is quite simple to use for both companies and employees. The support team is always there to assist you, either by live chat or by booking a call.

Cons

I sometimes perceive login issues that need me to re-login, as well as transaction errors from my location.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review of Sage HR.

CR

Calum R.

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

Sage HR is Great

Pros

The annual leave section is very useful when managing a team.

Cons

The system can sometimes be a bit clunky and not the most user friendly.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review, Calum! We're glad to hear that you find the Leave Management module useful for managing your team.

JS

Jessica S.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

Sage HR

I think Sage HR is a great tool. It is easy to use and does exactly what we need it to.

Pros

Sage HR is really good for keeping track of my employees sickness/holiday and out of office. This is important for scheduling payment runs. It is easy to see where all of the staff in the business are.

Cons

I dont think there is anything I can think of that I can write as a negative for this product. It is a very useful tool.

HL

Haba L.

Newspapers, 1-10 employees

The best way to HR management

Pros

I really liked the mobile app of this soft. It was easy to setup and very easy to use. Employee scheduling feature helped a lot with my projects where I needed full power.

Cons

Could not find any Cons for this software, really glad I found it.

EM

Edward M.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

A solid option for a startup and SME

This has been a great solution to managing the day to day HR ops. I also like that i feel that i am contributing to making this product better such is the interaction with the CakeHR team. I am starting to reach some scalability limits but this software is evolving and i wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to a startup or SME.

Pros

It has all the standard features you need at a budget friendly cost and the customer support is responsive. The UI is intuitive, even for the employees who didn't really need any training to use it. I also like the G-Suite and Slack integration.

Cons

It needs more feature updates to have better functionality and scalability - the support team and community is pretty good at taking on requests and fixing bugs though.

Dear Edward, Thank you very much for your insightful review! Do not hesitate to share your ideas with us, your feedback really matters :) With thanks, Viktorija

LD

Laura D.

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Cake HR is a Strategic Partner for Findasense

Has helped us a lot in the optimization, automatization and agility to handle our employee data and processes like leaves, feedback, goals, etc. We have established an alliance with the Cake HR team and this has allowed us to customize the app to our and being able to find solutions to our daily needs.

Pros

Intuitive for its use, user friendly, modern look, flexibility in workflows and constant improvements in the app. The best part for us is that we have constant contact with the support team and work very closely in designing processes and workflows to respond our internal needs.

Cons

We are working on having a more horizontal structure and be able to install a collective decision making process. So far Cake HR needs for everyone to have a "manager" for approvals in many of the processes so sometimes we need to think around that. This is not a mejor limitation since the app also allows for some processes to have automatic approvals, but would be interesting to evaluate new organization models.

Dear Laura, Thank you for having taken your time to provide us with your valuable feedback! Our goal is to keep new and existing CakeHR features fully customizable, therefore options for different organization models will be definitely considered :) With thanks, Viktorija

Computer & Network Security, 51-200 employees

Cake-hr for time-off management

It's nice tool to solve a problem of availability visibility in the distributed team, easy to use.

Pros

- easy UX and UI - convenient dashboard - ability to create different policies for various locations (if you have a distributed team it's fantastic) - integration with a google calendar & slack bot - custom actions to be done after a time-off request is provided - mobile app available

Cons

- documents storage is not convenient for users and search - had few cases with support team when did not receive a reply in time - would be great to have a follow-up for managers if they do not approve/decline the request of their direct reports - request for few hours per day does not allow to give precise hours, simply [number] hours in the first/second part of the day. I would prefer specifying exact hours

Hi there, thank you for your feedback! :) I'm pleased to hear that you are enjoying your experience with CakeHR and I am sorry to hear that you felt our support team had't replied in a timely manner. I can ensure you that we are working hard on making sure every customer's needs are addressed with accuracy and efficiency, and we are constantly looking at the ways to improve our service, and your...

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

CakeHR review

The best value for money, where HR processes get automated very quickly and user friendly.

Pros

It is very adjustable, features are updated each week with increasing functionality, accessible customer support, very friendly pricing.

Cons

Bugs. With such a speed in new releases it is almost inevitable that bugs pop up. New customer onboarding could be improved with clear guidelines. Knowledge base with instructions of use could be more informative. System could offer basic templates for all modules (survey, onboarding, offboarding etc)

Hello, We very much appreciate your feedback! I am sure you have also noticed how fast our developers fix a bug if one occurs :) As for the onboarding, I would be very grateful if you can contact me directly and share what can be improved, what information or steps you felt were missing during your onboarding process. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee that we will have templates for surveys...

SS

Sarah S.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Piece of Cake!

Recently, we became aware that CakeHR offers time tracking. We had previously been using spreadsheets to keep track of hourly employees, which was at times difficult to use and run reporting on. Time tracking in CakeHR allowed us to make it easier for our hourly employees to clock in and out in a system that they were already familiar with, and the payroll reporting aspect is much easier as well.

Pros

I love the ease of use CakeHR offers. It is very intuitive, easy to read (I love the appearance!) and easy to train new employees on. It is also very simple to use the CakeHR API to integrate with other software we use as an organization.

Cons

I have no complaints with CakeHR. Everything is great!

Dear Sarah, Such comments makes us feel that we're moving in the right direction. :) We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience and please let us know if we can help in any way in the future. Thanks again! Viktorija

AK

Angie K.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Truly - a piece of cake!

Great!

Pros

Simple - user friendly where you can jump right in with little to no training necessary on most features

Cons

no sample templates or surveys for performance management to start using right away that can be edited/customized towards specific organization needs - would be great if there was a starting base to better understand how to use those features with best practices and samples showing ways to measure performance based on newer trends (OKRs, 360 evals, 1 to 1 meetings).

Dear Angie, Thank you very much for your positive review. We really appreciate you being a loyal client and helping to share the word about us. We provide only templates, as it is easier to adapt them according to one's specific needs. However, we are always trying to give as many examples as possible during the onboarding process. In case, some more inspiration required, do not hesitate to contact us through the chat box, we are always happy to help and share some tips and tricks. :) With thanks, Viktorija

MH

Madeleine H.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Great, easy to use tool

CakeHR makes it easy for us to save and document our time-offs, no matter if its vacation, sick days, business trips or home office days – finally everything is put in one place. Due to the great Slack integration, the chatbot informs us about absent employees every morning and makes it easy to plan our resources. Costumer support is amazing!

Pros

- saves all our time-offs - overview above vacation and sickdays - reminder for birthdays and work anniversaries - Slack integration

Cons

- a bit too less flexibility regarding time off policies (e.g. it would be great to have a policy where working students could enter when they are in the office, not out)

Dear Madeleine, Thank you so much for taking time to submit your review! I will get in touch with you, so we can go through policies and set them up in the way it works for your company. All our features are fully customizable, so I am sure we will find the way you get the most out of it :) With thanks, Viktorija

CL

Conley L.

Computer Software, self-employed

Could this be the best HR software?

Our group utilizes it to deal with our time-off and remote working arrangements. It's really basic and simple to utilize and exceptionally practical. Looks perfect and proposition numerous modules and yet the usefulness of the vast majority of them is exceptionally essential. I love that it is simple for my bookkeeping division to impart to me when solicitations have been paid.

Pros

Exploring through the framework is exceptionally simple and merely requires full preparation before utilizing it. I truly enjoyed the decision of price tags, contingent upon the requirements of your business. The UI is likewise instinctive, and the schedule coordinates well with Outlook.

Cons

No current cons I can think of. I had several login in issues a while back, but it was remotely fixed.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Nice but too young yet :)

Could be a good choice, but functionality has to be improved

Pros

User friendly Flexible (at least in concept)

Cons

No recruitment module Not enough fields in recipes (I am pretty sure that it is possible to let user to use much more variables and logic operators (jumps, triggers) and play with boolean search and complex logic). No calendar of upcoming appraisals for all the company, which could be useful for HR service to plan the load (I mean, standard calendar table view for the whole year) No recurrence (you...

Hi there, thanks so much for leaving a detailed feedback - this allows us to constantly review our product and improve! :) As it happens, we are about to release our new shiny Recruitment module! You are very welcome to test it out in the beta version - please get in touch with me directly and we'll set it up. We are also constantly adding more Recipe variables, and there are to meet our customers'...

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Easy

I love the attitude and easy way of working with Cake HR! attitude, customer oriented mindset and ability to look on us as unique client , to listen to needs and respond ... My experience is really great! and even if there is missing some functionality - cake hr is seraching for the ways to improve it.

Pros

Cake HR helps to fix the basics, to have a structure for people management matters. Excellent soft, have helped a lot in case where we needed to start from scratch and move from excel to something more up to date in HR .

Cons

some functionality is missing what I have experienced with global providers. example - access rights, management between different companies if on holding.

Thank you for you review and pointing out those things! We are already working on mentioned features, most actually already done! If you want to know current status please contact us and we would be happy to give you more details and arrange some demo call :) With thanks, Viktorija

RP

Rachel P.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Convenient for All Time Keeping

Pros

Everything is in one place. You can keep track of your work time and also request time off. You can also see and print any and all paystubs from the beginning of employment.

Cons

I do wish it was a bit easier to print things from sage.

ML

Melissa L.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Good product

Really great experience overall, have zero complaints

Pros

The ease of use, easy to input information and navigate through the software, it took abit of getting use to but after that was perfect

Cons

It takes some getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, nothing negative to say. I would just say spend time learning and playing through the system for easier faster use

SM

Shasta M.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

quite intuitive and the basics are good but lacking in reports, visuals and integrations

organizing our employee data, analyses basic reporting tools

Pros

it can house the basics of HR reporting, quite intuitive when you use it, support team takes time but they are generally very helpful and really helps to resolve cases

Cons

support team replies on time and sometimes takes time due to time difference, Lack of detailed reports, downloading of all employee basic info, data integrations to other platforms, further customization and visualisations of org chart and reports could be made better

Hi Shasta, thank you for the review! :) There are many different options for you to extract reports with customised data as well as customise the visualisation of dashboard, and I will be happy to lead you through to find the right solution for you. I will be in touch with you directly to chat more specifically and answer all your questions. Ilona Kalnina Customer Success Manager @ CakeHR

Nereida B.

Management of employee permits and other human resources tasks.

A big problem that I have been able to solve with CakeHR is that I receive email notifications of employees' free time requests and approve or reject them by the same email. This has made things easier for me.

Pros

What I like most when using CakeHR is the ease of registration and access; the function "history of changes made" to facilitate the tracking of changes in the data is very good; and when generating reports with a single click is wonderful.

Cons

A big disadvantage of CakeHR is that it integrates with payroll systems, but not with benefit portals or learning management systems. We are waiting for you to integrate all this.

DH

Dominik H.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Pros

Easy set-up of policies Flexible recipes Good integration to Slack

Cons

No option the save configurations for reports! Really needed! Automated reporting cannot be configured in detail and custom reports cannot have their parameters saved. Org chart is not flexible enough, only based on the direct managing lines. Hard to reflect the administration structure of approvals in it. Also need urgently an option

Dear Dominik, Thank you for pointing out those things! We are already working on mentioned features, let's take our conversation further and I'll give you more details! :) With thanks, Viktorija