GreenRope Reviews

3.86/5 (14 reviews)

Bonnie Miller

Greenrope

Reviewed 2018-11-08

Greenrope really is quite a wonderful customer relationship management (CRM) system! It does so much and helps our team track, communicate, and follow-up with our customers/students, and prospective customers/students as well as collaborate with each other on all of our projects/events.

Pros
What I like most about Greenrope is the ability to track and connect with our potential students/clients easily. We run many programs and will have multiple informational sessions all at different times and locations – trying to keep track of all of that very important information (communications, RSVP's, which media was used for which communication, who has opened our email/who hasn't, reminder email scheduling, who needs a warm return call, etc.) would be impossible without Greenrope. Also, being able to login and see what my staff is working on and where they are with a particular event or project is super helpful!

Cons
The only thing I can think of that I wish Greenrope would do - is sometimes open the desired page/data faster, but honestly that might just be a (our) system issue and not necessarily a Greenrope issue.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Overall really good

Reviewed 2018-05-17

Pros
GreenRope for marketing automation is an extremely robust solution at a very reasonable price point. I'll be making comparisons to HubSpot as I have used their solution as well. Here is what I like best: - Track multiple websites at no additional cost, add as many users as you want at no additional cost - No contracts, month-to-month, and very affordable for its capabilities (unlike HubSpot) - Define user fields on contact and company level, very easy to setup and manipulate - The 'Groups' framework of the solution allows you to align sales and marketing effort quite seamlessly - Custom objects allow you to really take customizing your CRM user interface to the next level (i.e. creating intake forms or scripts for discovery calls) - Tons of great features for managing other internal processes, projects, accounting, etc

Cons
- The user interface can be daunting and confusing at first, not as intuitive as HubSpot - You cannot have multiple tabs of GreenRope open, unlike HubSpot. - Automation is setup in 3 areas serving very different purposes, whereas in HubSpot you can perform all workflows, drip campaigns, and customer journeys in one area - You have to request more storage space for the media library (starts with only 100MB!)

Christina (Franklin) Kjergaard

Been using this software more often in the last month. Find it time consuming and not user friendly

Reviewed 2018-06-25

tracks my basic activities in one place. good place to save my contact information and track email effectiveness.

Pros
I do not have many likes about the software. It is built more for computer people than for sales people. I can't imagine most sales people actually like this software at all. ....EVEN the survey is not user friendly. Had to add more to a box when I did not have any pros to add! See for a computer person, not a sales person.

Cons
- HATE the email functions that it will not save my signature in a regular format - HATE how you create add company information to a client and it does not automatically update the company if you do not add company - HATE how you have to click OK after you update each piece of the company - HATE when you are making cold calls and you can't get an actual contact at a company you can't just add the company and add an CRM activity to the company as a whole and say something like called and could not get contact - will try again to find contact at a different location - HATE that it either does not link with my google calendar or I do not know how to link it with my google calendar - HATE that the mail does not show in my sent mail in my gmail account so I can see what was sent and when without being in the app. HATE HATE HATE that spell check is not on as a default in the email settings - HATE that when you use autofill for one category it changes all the categories

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Chris LaLonde

Green Rope still a bit Green

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2019-03-19

I just found the program to be "too much" and not as lean as I wanted. While trying out the software I was also not a huge fan on the cost - some may say it's worth it, but personally, I will keep looking.

Pros
Program wasn't half bad. I like the Calendar Remind system as well as document storage and social media integrations. Very handy! I also was a big fan of the proposals and quotes which makes CRM a lot easier when it's time for a review.

Cons
I found the software confusing - even too much. There are so many options you can almost feel like you are missing something - and you probably are - due to the sheer amount of things you can do. While having a lot of options isn't necessarily bad, it can hamper productivity and ease of use. The templates are also outdated and sometimes error-out in your browser (depends on settings, etc.).

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Morella Devost

Very functional, easy to use tool and very helpful, supportive staff

Reviewed 2015-03-02

I'm a small business and my experience with GreenRope has been fantastic. I use the tool for various email marketing campaigns and for my blog/newsletter distribution. The auto-responder function works really well, and it's easy to manage a variety of lists. Their tools are very easy to use, they have great tutorials and training videos that are easy to follow. What I have been MOST pleased with is how supportive the staff is. The woman who manages my account is incredibly responsive and has taken great care of me, even though my account is quite small. The tools have certainly met my expectations and the amount of support received has exceeded them.

Pros
Easy to use Extremely great value for the variety and functionality of tools Excellent customer service A perfect fit for growing businesses

Sarah Reyna

Mostly tedious and confusing

Reviewed 2018-05-29

Pros
The adaptability to help us with e-commerce and a calendar scheduler. We had looked around for other CRM's to use but the main reason we kept this one was because it also had these futures and CRM all I one place.

Cons
Couldn't appropriately and clearly tag people and group people in a user friendly way. It was always very confusing to create groups and identify who was who.

Dan Lavelle

One tool to reach so many goals

Reviewed 2015-03-05

GreenRope is like having a whole department in your company dedicated to your success. From email marketing to project management, from social media scheduling to accounting...it's goal is to help you reach your business goals. I use it for all of my projects and love it so much I made a business out of helping other businesses use it.

Pros
Sales CRM features Social media scheduling Email marketing filters Event management Drip campaigns, even though I haven't used it much the potential is impressive.

Cons
Instagram scheduling but most services don't have this so I'm not that worried. Google+ scheduling, not sure if Google+ even allows a good enough API for this but it would be helpful. A few more reports.

Anonymous

Loads of options, but not the best answer to any one issue

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-06-28

It helped my team at Alternative Advertising bill me for hours worked on a project. We also tried a couple of websites in GR, but have since rebuilt all but one in Wordpress for better flexibility, user-friendliness and SEO.

Pros
There are a lot of features and the price is lower than most companies offering the same things. Also, their support team was very responsive when we were trying to use their services.

Cons
There are many things GR can do, but unfortunately most of the solutions I used (website builder especially) are relatively weak or clunky compared to other solutions (like Wordpress). My team used the CRM more, but I used it basically for project management/time tracking and the website builder. Neither was a good as Wordpress and Basecamp or other timer tracking solutions.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Krysti Langeloh

GreenRope CRM system

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-08-26

Pros
I like the ability to store data and the ability to run reports. I use it to see who will be strong an event and for checking them in at the event.

Cons
I don’tike that there isn’t the ability to create a separate template or update an existing one. We have issues also with duplicate information or people being stuck in a specific status.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Brook Borup

A CRM that can grow with you!

Reviewed 2016-11-03

I love using greenrope to organize my business and marketing. They have great service and are extremely helpful when you're planning your strategy for business. Greenrope can grow with my business unlike other systems.

Pros
The options and features are amazing for the price.

Cons
It does need some technical knowledge to implement.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Claude Waddington

Bulky, with great customer service

Reviewed 2018-04-08

Pros
The customer service is excellent, they're very responsive and happy to help. GreenRope is perfect for the detailed type who are very keen to create a set marketing strategy with full implementation, control and tracking from A-Z.

Cons
Its strength is its weakness in my opinion. The bulkiness can prove rather tedious and if you're a small/medium business you may wish to be more flexible.

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Great Value

Reviewed 2015-02-28

After looking at many other solutions, I am amazed at all the functionality of the Green Rope system for the cost. Their support is first rate, always responding quickly to our requests.

Pros
Functionality, support

Cons
Seems to require more computer programming knowledge than I was expecting. Learning as I go.

rehnan overmiller

Just getting used to it, haven't had green rope for more than two three months

Reviewed 2018-05-29

Pros
It works a little better than other softwares out there, and I am able to call customer service any time I need help.

Cons
Not a whole lot, Im just having trouble navigating around it, there are a couple different areas I get confused and can not figure out where the location is

Desiree Roughton

Greenrope UX feels like it's still in beta.

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-05-22

Pros
This email and event software costs less than competitors. Lots of features though they are often hard to use/uncover.

Cons
Every task in this software takes too many clicks to get things done. Navigation isn't intuitive. Should borrow some lessons from Eventbrite and MailChimp.