MangoApps Logo

Bring your frontline and office teams together

MangoApps Reviews

Suggested alternatives

bitrix24
monday-com
axero

The improvement you get in communication between employees is great and results in far better proficiencies across your whole business.
Best to remember that no commercially available product is going to be perfect for everyone, so taking this into consideration they have done a great job in developing the product.
Great support and they reach out quickly with answers or help resolve any issues in a timely manner.
The page refresh lags a bit. So sometimes when I'm working I find that things seem a bit sluggish.
The biggest negative aspect of this software is that you cannot conduct meetings with more than one person.

BB

Bruce B.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

One of the better intranet/portal offerings available. Very powerful.

Ability to spin up mini sites for teams and groups to help them collaborate effectively and quickly. The product is able to support many users, all with different needs and styles, and still be managed by one central team/admin. We could potentially have used lesser products that were cheaper, but they all hit the wall at some point, with some missing feature or capability. We have yet to find a hole in what MangoApps offers that truly caused a problem. In addition, they update the product frequently, and introduce new tools and features all the time.

Pros

While there are a host of similar SaaS offerings in this space, they all seem to fall short in one area or the next. Some capabilities are missing, the feature set is not complete, it has reduced/limited functionality, etc. MangoApps is one of the few that has a refreshingly wide breadth of features and capabilities, combined with admin options for customizing and branding to your needs. When considering...

Cons

Along with awesome features, can come some confusion. MangoApps has evolved and improved on a very regular schedule, which means new features and capabilities are added all the time. Unless you stay on top of the changes, you may get lost in the many admin pages provided. The good aspect of that is that they are constantly improving (unlike some others that haven't changed in years) and growing the...

Bruce, thank you for taking the time to provide us with such an in-depth review. I am glad to know that MangoApps has been a great solution for your business, and you are able to make good use of its power. Regarding the your criticism/cons, I understand your frustrations around product updates and staying up to speed. I have passed this feedback along, and I know we are looking for ways to better manage that experience. Thank you again, cheers!

CW

Chelsie W.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Works Great For Our Company

We have really enjoyed using this app and we believe it has brought helped us with scheduling and keeping up with days off.

Pros

The two most functional and most used portion of the software are the group calendar that allows for our office staff to request off in one place (this also keeps everyone in the loop about who is going to be out of the office on any given day) and the instant messenger application. We also enjoy that we have the option to use GIF's which is one of the reasons we went with MangoApps. We are full of jokesters around here.

Cons

I think the least thing I like about the two things that we use is that the calendar that pops up initially when you login isnt the "group" calendar. There may be a way to update this, but I have no found it.

MV

Max V.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

MangoApps is still not mature enough

Disappointing. The product has potential but with the many failures on deployment and configuration, this is a product to be purchased for cheap, rather than for the price that they are asking.

Pros

Basic users have an easy to use experience.

Cons

Users who manage content have many problems. On-Prem is still an immature product. Many problems and support does not know how to work with it.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Mango has increased the communication and collaboration among our global offices

Increased company communication (and reduced emails) Global team collaboration Single source of knowledge

Pros

I really value the customer support that Mango provides. Whenever I come across an issue on our site, the support team is always quick to respond and help. They are also always thinking of new features to add and welcome input from their customers. The system has also been a great place to serve as our single source of knowledge. So all departmental resources, company announcements, and other relevant information is stored on our site.

Cons

Mango has a lot of great features, but at times there are many steps to accomplish a single task. Things aren't always as intuitive as I'd like. However, I think that the team is always working hard to simplify and improve these processes

Thank you for your review of MangoApps! We truly appreciate your feedback and are glad to have you as a customer. I'm glad to see you are seeing our efforts to simplify and improve processes. Our goal is to not only provide a powerful tool for any use case, but make it easy and intuitive for all businesses and user types. Cheers!

TJ

Tyressa J.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

MangoApps user advocate

My experience with MangoApps has been excellent. I have enjoyed connecting through this software to the platforms that I need to communicate with professionals all over the world. I enjoy being able to store and save documents and files and archived them in the event I want to use them later. I appreciate the notifications and know that I can change them as I desire. I will continue using MangoApps and advocating for its continued use to access the platforms I need. Thank you From a very supportive and satisfied user!

Pros

I love that MangoApps is free, easily accessible. user friendly, upload from the computer is fast, having the opportunity to connect with others across various states is one of my most favorite benefits, and knowing that no matter who I speak with has a similar priority as mine, how do we meet the needs of those we serve.

Cons

I do not have any cons about MangoApps. I think it is easy to sign up and sign in and you can connect with how many people you want to and you can come and go within communities or work groups.

Tyressa, thanks for reviewing MangoApps and being our strong advocate! We're happy to have you as a user and glad to see it fitting in your workflow. Your feedback has been shared with our team, thank you again!

SH

Siobahn H.

It has increased our overall communication and capturing information.

Pros

The collaboration and ability to direct the information to the right people, teams etc. We can troubleshoot issues in a more effective way than our business software. The search ability makes it a invaluable resource over trying to find things in email. We use Mango every day and have really built our company culture around the capabilities and efficiency it creates.

Cons

Sometimes it can be hard to understand the best way or best practice for how to deliver the information. Teams, projects, departments etc all have different functions and you have to really understand them and utilize them properly.

Siobahn, thank you for taking the time to review MangoApps! We appreciate your feedback and satisfaction. I will be sure to pass your feedback along. Cheers!

MM

Matt M.

Architecture & Planning, 201-500 employees

MangoApps is Great

This has been great for project team collaboration and supporting company communication and culture.

Pros

It connects everything and it has a very consistent implementation across many features. So once you learn how to setup/use one module you can figure out the rest.

Cons

Hi Matt, thanks for taking the time to review MangoApps. We are pleased to see that it still fits well into your workflow, and will certainly take your feedback regarding page refresh in mind with active improvements we are making to the platform. Thank you again!

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Good OTS System

The tech support and developers are very responsive and helpful. They are particularly accommodating to non-tech savy customers.

Pros

The time needed to design and develop site pages is greatly minimized by using the templates provided when compared to developing a website from the ground up. Mango Social Intranet has an existing integration for many of the web apps you may already be using, so it's not necessary to completely jump ship (at least not right away) on the products your company is accustom to using. There were some features that we wanted that were not available to us. For the simpler requests, the developers provided us a piece of code that we could use whenever we wanted to use that feature. I definitely was not expecting that level of service from the team and was very appreciative. Other, more complex requests were made available to us in later releases of the product.

Cons

The branding package offered by Mango is a bit mimimal. However, if you have a web designer on staff, they can apply a custom css to improve the look and feel of your site.

Thank you for taking the time to review MangoApps. I'm pleased to see that you've had positive experiences with our support and developers!

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

MangoApps

Pros

Cost effective solution with lots of features and very helpful support and development team.

Cons

Reliability is an issue. A lot of times new patches seem to break things and in general we spend a lot of time fixing/updating installations across team PCs.

Thank you for your feedback! I will be sure to pass along the reliability concerns. If there is anything we can do proactively on our end to work with you on resolving issues please don't hesitate to reach out. https://www.mangoapps.com/contactus

Information Services, 51-200 employees

Honest MangoApps Review

The main benefit aside from a central location for our files is keeping employees who are spread out across four countries connected.

Pros

I like that it brings a social networking style "intranet" for our company. We can store shared files, have a nice company directory, and post fun updates to all. We are an international company and it is a great tool for keeping remote employees connected.

Cons

The search feature doesn't always pick up what I'm looking for, which can be frustrating.

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback! I'm glad that you are enjoying the social aspect of MangoApps, and find it a great tool to keep employees connected. I will be sure to pass on your feedback regarding search, but i'd love to urge you to reach out to our support team to understand if there is something more immediate that we can address or train on if needed. Thank you again! https://www.mangoapps.com/contactus

CD

Christton D.

Internet, 51-200 employees

MangoApps: A Great Team Collaboration Tool!

The best project managing apps that are so easy to use and learn especially for beginners. The interface looks dated when taking into account design trends but is easy to look at. Some actions like navigating from a section to another could be better, but it's practical and does the job. A UI refreshing would be much appreciated, it would make MangoApps perfect.

Pros

Easy to learn especially for beginners, it does the job and is a very good tool for team collaboration

Cons

The user interface mango looks a bit dated and navigation between the apps really needs to to improved

Hi Christton, thank you for reviewing MangoApps! We are glad to see that it fits well into your workflow and appreciate your feedback on where we can improve on our UI. Please feel free to reach out if you have specific suggestions- we always weigh customer feedback the most heavily. Thanks again!

LS

Leela S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Easy to Use, Cost Effective Collaboration Platform

Pros

MangoApps is highly customizable and easy to use, and can be adapted to a number of different contexts. I really liked the file module, and the multiple permission levels and easy to use privacy settings. I think in general file sharing capabilities are a big strength. I think it's also the best value on the market for this type of employee intranet/online collaboration platform, especially for smaller companies or for projects (I used it on a long-term, multi-partner project, for context).

Cons

The calendar management section of the platform is unfortunately nowhere near as effective as a Gcal or Outlook calendar. I also think the project management tools could use some improvement. Additionally, if you and your company do not have O365, or are looking to use file collaboration with clients who do not have Microsoft licenses, Mango does not support file collaboration in platform without the use of Microsoft online.

KL

Kyryl L.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

The perfect mix between simplicity and functionality (TinyTake)

I am an educator. Many of the student's questions can be answered with a screenshot, an arrow and a few lines of text. It is a great way to eliminate unnecessary writing and illustrate my response with an image - a sure way it will be remembered.

Pros

Simple to incorporate into my workflow. A few annotation features - but all that I need. Possibility to upload image, thought I don't frequently use that, I can see that it would be indispensable to posts in forums, Reddit, etc.

Cons

All annotation shapes have shadows that I can't remove. Video capture also adds inner shadow on the top and left sides of the frame.

Kyryl, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that TinyTake fits well into your work flow. I will be sure to pass along your feedback regarding the annotations. Thank you again!

WL

Wole L.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

High business value due to the number of useful modules. Very irritating billing.

Keeps the whole company on one page.

Pros

Range of modules (wikis, posts, groups, projects, calendars, etc). No apparent limits on data storage.

Cons

Many international debit/credit cards don't work on the payment platform, and to make matters worse the company shuts off access to your account as soon as a payment fails. Many complaints on this have had no impact.

Wole, thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that you find MangoApps to be the right solution for your business and realize the power of our modules. I am sorry that there have been issues with billing. Have your billing issues been resolved? Please let us know.

TL

Tanya L.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

MangoApps Review

Pros

This software can be used by logging into a desktop and also as an app. This feature is flexible for those that need info on the go. I am set up for notifications based on topics I am interested in and able to only see what is of interest to me.

Cons

Initially I felt that learning how to use this software was challenging, but once I got the hang of it, it became easier. I am able to navigate through the functions and access information that I need.

Tanya, thanks for reviewing MangoApps! We're happy to have you as a user and glad to see it fitting in your workflow. Your feedback has been shared with our team and we will continue to make it easier to learn and navigate. Thank you again!

BW

Brett W.

Great for our needs

Pros

Document management features are strong. Ability to segregate projects, documents and communications between guest and network users.

Cons

Some of the implementations are a little clunky. The mac client crashes periodically. No ability to batch-tag files. Unable to lift metadata from files for export into other applications (for tracking and reporting).

Brett, thank you for your feedback and review. If you have any issues that persist, please don't hesitate to contact our support team.

WJ

William J.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Great collaboration software

We use it to disseminate information throughout our 3 shifts am, pm, and gy. It is a handy tool so that the oncoming shift knows what happened in the previous shift and any hotspots to look out for.

Pros

The product is easy to use. Its a great collaboration tool that helps the organization disseminate information throughout our 3 shifts am, pm, and gy.

Cons

There are no features I can see that need to be added to this software application.

William, thanks for reviewing MangoApps! We're happy to have you as a user and glad to see it fitting in your workflow. Your feedback has been shared with our team, thank you again!

AN

Alberto N.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

A great pm tool

Pros

MangoApps is a versatile application with an extensive range of features like thread creation, wikis, document versions, media previews, and group management. It offers customizability, mobile accessibility, and collaboration tools, resulting in a tailored and productive experience. Additionally, its user-friendly approach to adding and removing guest users at affordable prices is highly appealing.

Cons

MangoApps offers a comprehensive set of features, though there may be occasional glitches in the text function. While I'd appreciate the ability to view group content without commenting, the support team is receptive to feedback and strives to find solutions or incorporate suggestions in future updates. Overall, Mango Support is exceptional!

JB

Juan B.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

MangoApps is Great for your team

Great, while the team is using and feeding the system with contents, this tool will be a great part of your organization.

Pros

while using the system, remote and local users can be not just connected but sharing information, data, wikis, real-time communication, customer information and a lot more.

Cons

maybe it has too much that sometimes is difficult to understand or to reach every functionality

Juan, thank you for taking the time to review MangoApps! We are pleased to see that it is still a good fit for the workflow at WebFX. As you mentioned, we understand that the span of features may be confusing at times, we are working on improving and defining features to better address that. Thank you again!

MR

Madelin R.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Leaving Mango Apps

Since we were assigned an experience specialist, I would say things have gotten better. Unfortunately that staffing assignment was made too late.

Pros

It worked well when our Network was small.

Cons

It was very slow, cumbersome and difficult to manage as the admin. Zero training provided for the first 4 years of use.

MK

Maurice K.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

''Top notch e-learning solution.''

I am having a great experience using the platform. Ease team collaboration hence improved taskforce in the organisation.

Pros

The platform is easy to use and access. With the platform it is quite simple to build pages. It so easy to add and eliminate visitor clients that is for occasional representative.

Cons

A times it becomes so hard to login due to experienced complications.

CF

Carrie F.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Not a fan

Pros

It's a good way to get our members together in a community forum.

Cons

I wish there was a way to lock wikis so only certain people could edit them.

Hello Carrie, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I understand your concern with the wikis module. We actually do allow you to lock wikis to limit the users who are able to edit. The instructions for doing so are outlined in this linked screenshot, I hope this helps! https://hub.mangoapps.com/sf/MTU4NDMxXzE2ODQ1MzM

MV

Magali V.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Love Mango

Love Mango and that we can communicate better with our staff.

Pros

Mango is easy to use for everyone in our company.

Cons

Some simple things are missing like a gallery/photo album option.

Magali, thanks for reviewing MangoApps! We're happy to have you as a user and glad to see it fitting in your workflow. Your feedback has been shared with our team, thank you again!

MJ

Mitchelle J.

Machinery, 1,001-5,000 employees

Very user friendly app that can be synchronised with various platforms

Excellent

Pros

I like all the applications that are on Mango app and there are very rare technical glitches

Cons

Not much to say as an employee, liked all features

NK

Noah K.

Architecture & Planning, 201-500 employees

Mango for you

Pros

the user interface reads very well and helps with ease of use.

Cons

when navigating from page to page the load time seems a little too long.

Noah, thanks for reviewing MangoApps! We're happy to have you as a user and glad to see it fitting in your workflow. Your feedback has been shared with our team, thank you again!