Wild Apricot Reviews - Page 14

Clunky and feels outdated - but I like some things about it

Mostly it's fine, but I feel like Wild Apricot is being left behind by newer competitors that are built to do more and to integrate more fluidly with the many different cloud-based apps people are using these days.

Pros

I like the flexibility you have in defining your membership levels, and like the reporting around member status/renewal status.

Cons

I have one client that is using Wild Apricot, and they have started shopping for new databases. WA just "changed their pricing structure", which means raised the price, for my client, offering a bunch of new bells and whistles they won't use, and justifying the price increase that way. But that's just kind of the final straw - there have been other frustrations. The website is slow, and I mean really slow. Sometimes it freezes when you're trying to pull reports. When you go to WA-integrated pages on their website, everything slows down. The web page integration doesn't look great, but it's passable. No integration with QuickBooks Online, and the reporting isn't super friendly to do monthly reconciliations between the two applications.

Wild Apricot Membership Software

Overall I am very happy with the Wild Apricot web based membership, email and web site software. Although we are a Masonic service organization based on a grand lodge structure I was able to make the software work for our needs. WA is constantly investing in upgrades and fixes to make it better for the users. Having a single solution to handle the 3 main business functions is wonderful. I don't use the financial aspect as the developers envisioned but their tracking for event registrations is very useful and I really like it. I will continue to be a customer. Good value for the cost.

Wild Apricot Update

We have been using Wild Apricot now for our tennis club ( of 450+ members) for the last six months or so and have been impressed with it's membership and web site capabilities. We were using an Excel spreadsheet and an email routine in the past and these have now been replaced. Ease of use is outstanding as well as specific features of member archiving, member billing and custom field option. On the down side, we would like to see some additional reports added to the system because the current method is to export the entire database table and then customize in your spreadsheet. The support, to include webinars, is outstanding.

Not a computer geek

I struggle every time I have to publish our membership newsletter and keeping a copy on file for future reference is hit or miss each time.

Would Not Use it Again

Pros

We've been using WA for several years. There was no WordPress membership site available when we created our site and WA was one of the only membership sites available. If I had it to do over again, would not use it./

Cons

Not intuitive, difficult to figure out. After many years, I still don't have it completely figured out.

Wild Apricot Rocks!

We started using the Wild Apricot platform over a year ago and it has made things so much easier for our organization. We even won a state wide garden club award for our site design using one of Wild Apricot templates. We've had to reach out to their support team a few times during site design for help and they were always been quick to respond. If you are serious about your club activities and want to improve the look and feel of your organization, I'd recommend you try Wild Apricot's services. They've helped us in many ways and made web administration fun!

Cons

We use it for our organization to post information information.

Pros

The feature that I like the most is ease of use.

Cons

The ability to not have on-line forms to complete and having to use a pdf download instead

A Blessing to Us

I use WA for registering and keeping track of members for my organization. Have never had a problem but we are not yet using all the features available to us.

Pros

user friendly, support of the WA team, the layout of the pages,

Wild Apricot is and excellent NFP membership website

Started about a year ago and have had no problems with developing the website and learning how to use it.

Pros

The back end administrative layers are complete and reasonably easy to use. The front end public and "members only" layers are good and reasonably flexible.

Cons

The software is designed to satisfy a large number of different organizations and users. As such there are a lot of features which any individual organization or user might not need. Occasionally these un-needed features get in your way.

A really good membership tool

Pros

I like the fact that the software can be set to email membership renewal reminders to members in advance of their renewal date.

Cons

The interface is quite complicated, and it can sometimes be hard to find functions unless you're using them a lot.

Australian Association CRM Review

We have been using Wild Apricot in our association now for just on four years and, I used it prior to another association for two years. The ongoing updates, training, integration with other sites and its focus on fulfilling the needs for associations is the reason we continue to applaud Wild Apricot. Many of the features you would expect to see on a much more expensive system are part of the Wild Apricot membership. Well done to the team and thank you for listening to your members/subscribers and addressing improvements in a timely fashion.

Cons

Excellent customer service and easy to use

We have used Wild Apricot for a number of years and moved from a system where staff could not make changes easily. For that reason, Wild Apricot has been fabulous as the customer service really helped us transition where staff can make all the changes required to a website without using a programmer.

Pros

Ease of use Multiple functions available (calendar, events registration, email management etc)

Cons

Not completely idiot proof:) but customer service makes up for it. price has gone up

Wild Apricot

This software is ideal for the small non-profit organization like ours. Even a group of senior citizens such as we without a lot of technical skills can find our way around designing the various pages that we need. It has simplified our annual dues billing and given us another wonderful way to communicate with our members and to do the business of the organization. The support is fantastic and the help documentation very thorough and easy to understand. The very few shortcomings we found during our first six months appear to have been addressed in the new Version 5.

Wild Apricot Association Management software

We currently manage 4 associations using Wild Apricot as well as helping several associations convert to Wild Apricot. The software is very user friendly with well documented online help. There are several means to obtain customer support. There have been times when support was slower than we would have expected & needed at the time. The software is upgraded periodically during the year. Users have the ability to post wishlist items and help prioritize those items. Overall, the system has been a great option for us. I would highly recommend it!

Cons

Wild Apricot is a great product.

Pros

This product is easy to use, and if I become puzzled about how to do a certain task, I can either find the answer via the offered videos or through support. Their support folks are the best! They speak in easy-to-understand layman's terms and respond quite quickly.

Cons

I would like to be able to add animations to emails sent out to our membership.

Intuitive software with detailed user documentation and responsive customer support

Users have reported that the website is very intuitive and easy to use. I personally loved the built-in templates that made it easy to get started building dozens and dozens of web pages. I needed to do some fairly advanced work with payments, polling and restricted pages/documents. In most cases, the online documentation gave me the information needed. I had to open up a couple of tickets on some things that I could not find instructions on how to do. The customer service team responded quickly and resolved the issue with the initial response.

Cons

Get more done in less time

The ongoing upgrades are tremendous because the features/fixes that are added come directly from the current user base. So I have already several wishes incorporated into the various upgrades over the last few years. It so much easier and less time consuming to have the customer database, event coordination, email marketing, and website all in one package. I open the website as and Admin and leave it open all day because anything I might need to do or research is included in the Wild Apricot site.

Cumbersome; Dated Looking

Appreciated the free trial, but the clunky and cumbersome interface was not appreciated by a single staff member, and more importantly, the property manager of the HOA for whom we were setting up the site, and to whom we'd hand over day to day management.

Pros

Price for managing HOA communities was a little better than some of my other options.

Cons

Very clunky interface, cumbersome and dated looking. I felt like I was using decade-old software, like FrontPage. Remote area means we don't have as high speed internet speeds as we'd like, and this dramatically affected using Wild Apricot. The clunky interface was made worse on slow-speed days, whereas other programs were not affected at all.

Perfect for Non-Profit Organizations

Wild Apricot is full of interesting features that might go way beyond what you had thought about in your initial list of requirements. I would recommend that any membership based organization review Wild Apricot even if they already have their own website. It doesn't take much time to try the 30 days free trial.

Pros

Great customer support. Easy to use.

Cons

Wild Apricot is missing some functionality that is important to us. But they are very attentive to customers' requirements and come up with frequent improvements. Our needs should be fulfilled soon with a future release.

Great App for Managing Memberships

Pros

1. Every feature you might want is included 2. Easy to learn - good online support 3. Easy to customize

Cons

As system has matured complexity has increased. However this is something that has to be expected.

Paddlers Club View

When our previous website deteriorated due to lack of systems engineering and infrequent backups, we started looking for a replacement and we put onto Wild Apricot by friends in another paddling club. Within 3 months two of our club members had us on beta test of the new system and it was rolled out to our 200 or so members with very few problems. WA has been responsive to help us as issues have cropped up, and we are wel satisfied as we enter our second year of useage. Thanks Wild Apricot!

Wild Apricot Review

Wild Apricot is a web page provider for non-profit organizations. This is no ordinary service, it is designed specifically for non-profits, including all sorts of things that non-profits need without a bunch of fluff that isn't necessary. You can read all about it on their web page. The great thing about it is that it has what we need, it's easy to use, multiple board members can be given authority to work on it, it's all on the cloud so that it can be accessed and updated from anywhere, and the tech support is great.

Cons

Our non-profit loves Wild Apricot for managing our membership records and website

Pros

Fairly easy to learn how to use and it has great support. With each upgrade they add new features that expand what your organization can do on the platform. They have build IOS app for members and admins which allow you to do some business on the go. Our membership grew when we made the switch.

Cons

Those apps still are not built for Android, however we hear they are in the works. The only negative is being able to find a historical number of members to go back e.g. to see where you were a year ago.

EASY CHOICE FOR ASSOCIATION ADMINS

There's not much good software out there to run an association and there's only one really great product. Even better it is at a price everyone can afford. Wild Apricot has taken the job of running an association and made it really easy, including taking payments, holding meetings and communicating through emails. Your live data is easily exported for other purposes. There are no drawbacks but check the very few limitations (file upload size, number of directory levels). The free trial makes this easy. Customer service is second to none.

Cons

Takes the place of an employee!!

I was a one man show when I first started using Wild Apricot and it truly made a difference in my life! Being able to incorporate our membership database, automated membership renewals, event registration / payments, eblasts and newsletters all in one location made me much more organized and allowed me more time to focus on other functions. It streamlined everything so much it was like hiring an employee. It truly is an amazing tool for any non profit or membership driven organization.and I suggest it to all on my clients.