Zoho Books Logo

Online accounting software for growing businesses

Zoho Books Reviews - Page 5

DH

Dylan H.

Entertainment, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Delivers a lot for the price

Pros

More affordable than most other bookkeeping software. Supports multiple currencies right off the bat, no matter which plan you're on. Responsive and helpful customer service. Easy to use with a clean and customizable interface.

Cons

Transaction categorization was a bit confusing at first for me. It can also be hard to sort through and find old transactions at times due to lack of customization. For example, when looking at a leger of transactions for a specific bank account, you can't customize which fields to show for each transaction. Another thing that is slightly annoying is that Zoho limits the number of Customers/Vendors you can add for each plan they offer. Once you reach the limit you have to pay more in order to add more.

Aamerkhan M.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Zoho books - Accountant's Saviour

I have been enjoying the usuage of this software from day 1 learning it is so easy and the interface is much more easier to understand various options at a faster pace We dont need much learning support as the self explanatory tabs helps the user understand it from scratch Zoho Books not only saves my time but also helps me to understand the organisation in a better manner

Pros

The most important feature that every management is curious about are the REPORTS..! I feel its very easy and user friendly to generate reports from ZOHO The best part is that we can even schedule the reports to be sent to registered email address within specified intervals

Cons

The technical down time is an major issue that every software undergoes , but the customer support at Zoho has always been quick and keen to get the issues resolved at eye blink speed

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Long on numbers, short on details

Difficulty with input, bland kindergarten UI visual appeal, deceptive organization and cleanliness, disjointed universal connection with other software units.

Pros

Zoho books combines the functionality of traditional financial online software with the interconnectivity that we've come to expect from the Zoho brand. The colors pop, the organization, although unusual, is regular and consistent. Bill management is complete and comprehensive. Charts and graphs are auto-fill, antiquating the days of yore where manual input was required.

Cons

Zoho books suffers from the same problems that all Zoho apps suffer from, namely the haphazard interconnectivity issues that make a seamless user-end experience unlikely, and the discordant ways in which the left hand menu is organized. What is mistaken for a crisp, clean presentation quickly becomes an ivory eyesore as one frantically searches the interface, across all Zoho apps, for the single function input needed to get the entire operation running. Great for small business, but built by small minds. Expansive, creative use of the software is passively prohibited through presumptive task and structure assignments. Another empty room in the Zoho mansion.

AK

Andrew K.

Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

Freedom at Last !!!!

I run and advertising agency in Nairobi Kenya. I have 3 staff in the office. Before I discovered Zoho, I used paper quotations and invoices. I only had my quotes in my head. I was the only one who knew what to charge and how much to charge. A friend introduced me to the Zoho and I finally enjoy the freedom it offers. I rarely do the quotations myself, converting quotes to invoices and invoices to receipts is just amazing. I am able to create quotations from my phone as I move around when away from the office. Our accountant also is able to view our transactions and advice us. We have even reduced the charges he pays us as most of the information is done by zoho.

Pros

- Its Up to date with the new developments - Its applicable to us in other countries - Its simple to use - It takes safe as you need passwords to access - Its has an interesting User Interface - The Staff is friendly and quite helpful -

Cons

- Some times it take long to work on its magic

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

Satisfactory Financial System

Pros

I like that the system is so easy to prepare for use. It allows a lot of upload options - expenses, time sheet, sales, etc. You don't need training to understand how to use it if you have used another financial system in the past. Everything is easy to grasp and master - I have one bookkeeper who had ZERO training, but got everything right quickly. I also like the app that comes with it. It's not heavy on data or the phone memory. It comes with fancy picture taking tools that will allow you to keep a soft copy of your documents. The search function is also easy and quick. If you are not a highly complex company, this is a good starting database. Even up to medium complexity, I think it'll still work.

Cons

When I got Zoho Books for the company that I am working for at the moment, it didn't have the ability to report by project. I needed to create reporting tags and project at the same time, which is a real bummer. Recently, they made an upgrade that you are already able to do so on a project level. Reports are not customizable, and it's not really that easy to use. I needed to download reports from one place to another to come up with an accurate report. Sometimes, reports contradict one another. Been wrestling with the reporting part for a few months now.

NS

Nataraj S.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Simplified Payables and Expense Solution

Pros

Document forwarding. Expense data extraction from submitted bills, it reduces lot of effort.

Cons

Expense mobile app is not user friendly.

CD

Cassandra D.

Alternative Medicine, self-employed

User friendly

Pros

The app is so easy to use, it's simple and takes the stress out of book work.

Cons

There are no cons for my business needs, I love the app.

SB

Samuel B.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

The Perfect Accounting Solution For Business

Zoho Books is a go to solution and has been very helpful when it comes to all matters accounting

Pros

First, it is an easy to understand accounting solution It makes online accounting easy It makes invoicing and purchasing easy It makes handling accounts payable easy

Cons

While using Zoho Books, my experience has been amazing. It has some great features and not a single issue or missing feature

Adrian P.

Retail, 1-10 employees

It's good but not great

I use this for our charity and it is a great low cost solution. For my business, I ultimately had to change back over to QBO. The little bugs and limitations got in the way for a more complicated business setup where QBO is well utilized in this area.

Pros

The workflows you can create are great and the support is quick to respond.

Cons

Like everything in the Zoho Suite, it is always at 80%. There are always things that don't work properly and bugs. The integration for Amazon Seller Central was not great.

AB

Akash B.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Zoho Book one of the best Cloud Accounting software

Pros

Features of the software is over all good . useful for small and mid size businesses. can be integrated with payment gateways like Razorpay.

Cons

the pricing is high for small businesses, they cant afford that much of cost. also user interface for purchase accounting is not too good.

MO

Mumbo O.

Research, 201-500 employees

Streamlining online payment processing and data security

The experience has been amazing and online payment has been streamlined

Pros

I like the robust security that comes with the tool which ensures our data is kept secure

Cons

There are no significant challenges I have encountered so far

WM

Wayne M.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Zoho Books, best move we ever did

As our agency grew we realised that Freshbooks was not cutting it. We needed a solution that gave us a better overview of our accounting and billing. The updates and new features from Zoho Books seem like the roll out on a daily basis, always adding value and ease of use. Customer support is on point, clear communication and always on hand to make sure you are using their product correctly. We have now integrated with Zoho CRM and Projects for a full 360 of our agency processes and needs.

Pros

Simple, clean and clear UI. Nothing has come close. Onboarding our accountants was simple.

Cons

Very minimal, as we are growing we are finding that we need a few features our accountants require, but this is something they can do manually on ther end for now.

SP

Seth P.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Poor Software and Terrible Customer Service

My company has been down because of a bug in their system for 6 DAYS! They state that their escalation takes 4-5 business days because they have to outsource the fix. I would not recommend this at all for US customers.

Pros

It is not difficult to use. It is not expensive (but you get what you pay for)

Cons

Customer service is terrible They outsource any difficult programming issues and bug fixes. They are not accustomed to US accounting methods. Reports are extremely limited

AB

Alexander B.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Decent cloud based Bookkeeping software

Easy cloud-based bookkeeping software that integrates well with other Zoho Apps

Pros

This is a great cloud-based Booking software that integrates well with other Zoho apps, such as CRM. This allows our business to seamlessly transition between the two programs. You can sync information instantly, which helps when you're in the service industry. You can customize up until a certain point which is nice. They also allow bank account synchronization, as well as the creation of custom templates.

Cons

Sometimes the navigation can get confusing, and the Reports aspect should be more customizable. We have also found difficulty in matching purchase orders with the corresponding bank account records, s well as making then auto match and appear correctly for accounting reports.

SF

Scott F.

Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

ZOHO BOOKS Feel the Love

If you are planning on using ZOHO don't forget to check out ZOHO ONE, they packaged all of the greatness of Zoho into one package. I saved money by moving over to ZOHO ONE.

Pros

I've been a faithful ZOHO BOOKS user for 9 months, the integration with all of the other ZOHO Products is shear GREATNESS! I love how other outside apps can be integrated as well. Books is great for managing the estimates, invoices, work orders along with the expenses of your company. ZOHO allows you to customize almost every aspect of the system.

Cons

Don't have high expectations of the support if needed. Some days they are on it, others they lack the luster of greatness or even normalcy. Don't hestiate to call email or chat, if its something simple, they may fix it immediately or tell you it can't be done, only to later find out it can. Other days you'll wait for 2 days then get a call back from the same person and find out that one of the programmers fixed the issue.

Svetla M.

Industrial Automation, 11-50 employees

Super easy, integrates with Zoho inventory in seconds

Zoho books allow us to setup customer invoicing, and particularly recurring ones, in a breeze. The stripe integration works great, we have saved tons of time creating invoices and reminding about outstanding payments..

Pros

Ease of use, the option for free account which is great for those first month's with few invoices, recurring invoices, smooth integration with Zoho inventory

Cons

All is great, we have all functionality we need so far

OA

Omolayo A.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Review on Zoho Books

Pros

The control and approval process is very good. It is a vwry easy to use software and the project module is very detailed and okay.

Cons

There is no fixed asset module on the software.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Zoho Books is the most advanced Online accounting software, built for your business.

With Zoho Books, you can create multi-currency invoices and manage multiple bank and credit card accounts. The best thing about Zoho Books is that it is cloud-based, making it a complete accounting solution.

Pros

Why businesses choose Zoho Books as their accounting softwareAccounting from start to finishWith Zoho Books, you can focus on your business instead of mundane accounting tasks.Collaboration is easyIn addition to logging time, viewing reports, and managing your accounts, colleagues and accountants can gain access to your organisation through role-based access.A platform that is integratedFrom wherever you are, you can manage and run every aspect of your business with Zoho's 50+ apps.

Cons

There is one thing I did not like, and that is there are no payment gateways from the same system, so you will have to create a business account in a payment gateway like Stripe

fa

fazal a.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Log your weekly time with ease

Pros

I have been using this software to log my time so that the management can evaluate my daily/weekly/monthly performance and since our work is billable, so it easy for us to distinguish between the billable and non-billable work and log that in the Zoho Books. Then our management bill our clients, based on the hours we have spent working for them, and we can also select what type of work was done from the drop-down list that has been configured by the management.

Cons

The weekly log does not allow us to enter our comments and it gets frustrating to open each day entry and enter the comments. The comment box should be there so that we can enter our remarks or let the management know what we worked on.

Patrick K.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

I love this software! (really!)

I love ZohoBooks, my team loves ZohoBooks and my customers do too!

Pros

Almost everything. ZohoBooks is quick and easy to use, I love the Stripe integrations and how easy it is to use Zapier to extend its capabilities by connecting it with other software. I've received calls from customers that use Quickbooks asking about the software we use to send invoices because its so easy to use! I'll never use anything else to run my businesses. My CPA is working with it too now which makes it a super easy, integral part of my business.

Cons

I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

DM

Duncan M.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Terrible technical support and constant broken bank feeds

Pros

The price was good with lots of features but you get what you pay for.

Cons

The technical support is terrible. We had broken bank feeds for over a month with no resolution. When the bank feeds would import they were missing transactions which causes a huge reconciliation nightmare. When dealing with the technical support they just said try to refresh your bank feeds. lol. Finally got them to escalate it but not sure if that will fix it. We are spending a huge amount of time trying to manually enter and clean up the bank records.

MH

Mumin H.

Graphic Design, 11-50 employees

Great product. It's worth it!

Zoho Books is one of the vital programs we use in our business. It is very easy to use and really has lots of awesome features that help you with your accounting needs. Of course, just like any other software, it doesn't have everything you will need or you can think of, but the most important ones are there. The mobile app could be improved, some reports are not accessible such as the tax summary and recording payments does not allow you to record bank charges in the app. But overall, it's an awesome product and would definitely recommend you use it.

Pros

I like that it's very user-friendly. Almost all the necessary things you need for your bookkeeping is there.

Cons

The mobile app is alright but can be improved.

SJ

Sandeep J.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 11-50 employees

Not a complete Accounting Solution

Poor.... Poor......Poor

Pros

None. Not at all worth considering for accounting. Look at other accounting software

Cons

Not at all recommended. Not at user friendly and no financial or accounting features

Michael K.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

ZOHO Books integrates with ZOHO CRM

The experience has been great. Customer service is there to answer any questions.

Pros

I am a long time ZOHO user and I like the fact that all their products are integrated. You don't have to license everything you need at once. You can build it over time. I also like that you can add on other software through third parties to ZOHO Books.

Cons

using a plug in Forte you can process payments to vendors and refunds to customers. I wish that ZOHO Books would also enable paying of payroll tax - like QuickBooks. Perhaps this is something they are working on.

Mehedi Hasan M.

Design, 1-10 employees

I love using Zoho Books since early 2021 and still using happily!

All in one I had a great experience with Zoho Books in this recent months. I hope this with continue and they will provide more features to the board. Their support system is pretty good. I love their work!

Pros

I mostly like the invoicing feature as I can set my work hours and then analyze them and making invoices to send to my clients. This way I can manage all my clients with their work hours and payments. Thanks to Zoho Books!

Cons

Sometimes I get hesitant on the banking fetching system. I am not sure it's me or Zoho who is creating those issues. Sometimes I see error data on the page.