Cloudbeds Reviews

Cloudbeds

PMS, Booking & Channel Management for Independent Properties

4.54/5 (157 reviews)

Pros
  • Our entire staff is very thankful that they save a lot of time with our new PMS. All in all very happy we took the decision to change to an All in One Solution.Felix A.Read the full review
  • Customer service is great and there is always someone to respond. The set up was easy and it has really solved some of the greatest challenges we were facing.Wengsi C.Read the full review
  • We are very happy with the software - it gives us exactly what we need and the results are excellent. Great Support and very helpful when it comes to problems.Magaly G.Read the full review
Cons
  • Change this, it serves no purpose, but to aggravate the Innkeepers. The accounting end is complicated, no logical process, typical Geek mentality and no common sense.bert h.Read the full review
  • I was utterly shocked to see that coming from the Support team as this comes at a high level of risk to the property given that the resort will be held accountable for the confirmation email.SUE L.Read the full review
  • On the front end, I do not deny that it has helped us in terms of inventory management and connection with OTAs. Nonetheless, the backend processes have really thrown us into utter disappointment.SUE L.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Shen Loh-Lim

Overall recommended but hope you can make some improvements

Reviewed 2019-10-13

Pros
the PMS and UX. Easy to use for everyone. Set up is easy and flexible. Integrations are useful

Cons
the Booking Engine - not flexible enough. PIE - trialled but the rate shopper took the wrong rates, not BAR so rate shopping comparison was useless to us.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Anthony Wheeler

Smooth transition, excellent functionality

Reviewed 2019-10-29

From beginning to end, it was relatively easy. Stressful at times, until I fully understood. I actually prefer managing hands on the entire transition. That ensured I understood exactly how things work, and put it on me to complete the transition in a quality manner. Along the way, Cloudbeds support was extremely responsive and helpful when I got stuck (which was rarely). Once we went live, the system performed exactly as desired. I couldn't be happier with it.

Pros
Pretty much everything. While the structure differed from our previous system, once I understood how it was organized, it was easy to use and functioned flawlessly. Every time I needed to do something, the capability was there. Now it's all routine. I love the fact that the integrity of the system does not depend on my server, in my building, with support requiring remote access to my operating system. Now I could lose power, internet, and we are still functional on any device I can get internet access. The seamless integration with Expedia and Booking.com is wonderful, along with our credit card merchant. Upgrading from out old system to this capability pays for it monthly, based on additional bookings and mistake-free credit card processing.

Cons
I would be nit picking, and even then, I can't think of anything to mention. The two security items that were a nuisance my partner fixed within the application, resolving that slight annoyance. There is functionality I would use on occasion if I was willing to pay up for the subscription, but that's on me. It's there if I ever think it worthwhile. Even at the lowest level, I am perfectly happy.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Sydney Ilg

User-Friendly, Constantly Improving & the Best Bang for our buck!

Reviewed 2020-04-20

We have loved using Cloudbeds! It's helped us increase bookings, made email marketing super easy and

Pros
The ease of use is great. We train a lot of people and they can pick it up easily! I also love the ease of compatibility with OTA's, as well as the robust email marketing function. We have steadily increased our direct bookings and that feature alone is so valuable!

Cons
The lack of a Groups function (this is fairly common in hospitality software) and how it's pretty pricey to add. I also did not like the digital ticket system for customer support, but they recently introduced regional customer service reps which has been so helpful!

Response from Cloudbeds

Thanks, Sydney! We appreciate your review and product feedback. And cheers to direct bookings!

SUE LAI

Front end is ok but back-end is far from acceptable

Reviewed 2020-02-20

I was excited but after using it I was disappointed. On the front end, I do not deny that it has helped us in terms of inventory management and connection with OTAs. Nonetheless, the backend processes have really thrown us into utter disappointment. The support staff were trying to help but often provided workaround solutions that will put the property in a bigger issue. For instance, we had problems with having to manually confirm customers upon successful clearance of payment by Stripe and the solution suggested to us by the Support team is allow for a blanket confirmation regardless of whether the payment is cleared. I was utterly shocked to see that coming from the Support team as this comes at a high level of risk to the property given that the resort will be held accountable for the confirmation email. The reason why we signed up for the Payment Processing module is so that we do not have to worry about receiving payments and do not have to worry about manually confirming payment ourselves. Besides, often when technicalities are involved, the Support team will say they need to speak to the Technical or Development team but without any proper deadline of when the problem will be solved. It is frustrated to deal with problems when there is no timeline attached as to when the problem will be solved. I suggest that the Support team work with the technical team to commit to deadlines for a problem to be solved.

Pros
I like it that it is a all-in-one software and it's easy to use.

Cons
The payment processing module is far from acceptable. Cloudbeds is integrated with Stripe but the integration is not complete and requires a lot of manual backend work to confirm a reservation once a payment is cleared. One of the reasons for signing up with Cloudbeds is to cut down the amount of manual work backend we have but only to realise later that there are many things that have to be done manually. Manual confirmation required in a tech world - When we thought everything can be automated and Cloudbeds being a digital all-inclusive PMS provider, we were proven to be wrong. Let me give you a scenario, once a customer makes a booking and they choose to pay via credit card, a pending confirmation email gets sent to the customer while Stripe will do the payment verification and the process stops there. My team has to go back to the system to cross check each and every successful transaction and manually confirm the guests so that they get a confirmation email. What Cloudbeds could have done is to actually automatically switch the status of the guest from "Pending" to "Confirm and send email" upon receiving instructions from Stripe that the payment has gone through (this, at the time of writing remains manual on the part of property). Besides, when a credit card payment fails to be verified by Stripe, Cloudbeds does not store the information of the customer so that we can offer the customer an alternative mode of payment. Basically if the payment fails, the info vanish

Response from Cloudbeds

Thanks very much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and take it seriously. The communication between support and technical teams is an important part of the customer experience. We are sorry there were moments when it didn't go well. As to payment processing, we may have new solutions for you since the posting of this review. If you would like to learn more, please email support@cloudbeds.com and reference this review. Perhaps we can find you a better solution. Thank you again for the candid feedback.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Colleen Fish

Change over from previous channel manger to Cloudbeds

Reviewed 2020-01-28

Channel Manager - big tick

Pros
Easy to use... setup is reasonable easy.

Cons
Passwords changing after a certain time - this tends to happen at the most inconvenient times

Response from Cloudbeds

Thank you for the review! Passwords needing to change are never fun, so we appreciate your understanding of those security standards. And response times are extremely important to us. We appreciate that feedback as well!

Alfredo Vazquez Reyes

The comfort of a hotel and the adventure of a camping

Reviewed 2019-10-24

We switched to Cloudbeds almost a year ago and we experienced an amazing improvement in sales since the very beginning of our adventure. We love it and will keep growing with it. This software is getting better every month!

Pros
Easy onboarding. Simple to train our staff and new team members. Great connectivity with channels. 27/7 Support

Cons
We would love to see more integrations in the future. A mobile App would be amazing.

Jessica Linzing

Great All in One Solution - PMS + Channel Manager + Booking Engine

Reviewed 2019-10-21

Overall we are very happy with Cloudbeds. It's a software you can trust. We were worried at the beginning since we were used working with local servers, but we are very happy about the decision we took to switch to a cloudbased system.

Pros
One of the biggest Pros is that we don't have to use any 3rd party software anymore. It all works perfectly together and we are happy that we don't have to switch between different solutions for our daily workflow. It gives us full control over the business and a great overview of our daily operations. Since we started with Cloudbeds we increased our direct bookings and our revenue. Great software which we totally recommend for others.

Cons
Not available in German language. We would love to work with a Mobile App. No Accounting integration - we have to export all the data and upload it into our accounting software.

Magaly Guillen Costas

Easy to Use All in One Property Management Software

Reviewed 2019-10-17

Pros
Excellent channel management - since we are working with Cloudbeds we never had an overbooking. It's fast and reliable. Easy to Use Calendar - you can move reservations with one click. Payment Processing is automatized and connected with Stripe. We also automatized our Welcome and Goodbye Emails with Cloudbeds - increased our Guest Experience.

Cons
Invoicing could be more customizable - we currently use another software for accounting and invoicing. A Mobile App would be super helpful to have it on our phone - it's mobile responsive but it's not very user-friendly.

Shinta Marettina

Reliable & Affordable PMS

Reviewed 2019-10-26

Maintaining the property has never been so easy since we've used CloudBeds. We've expanded from 21 rooms at the beginning to a fully-functional 30 rooms resort.

Pros
CloudBeds has complete features that helps us grow our business for the last two years. They have provided excellent support from time to time. Our business have expanded ever since.

Cons
When they're updating the software in the mid of the busy hours.

Stephanie Stanley

We Sold Out Our Campground!

Reviewed 2019-12-06

It was difficult to implement initially and took longer than anticipated, but once it was up and running we sold out very quickly. Now that it's up and going it feels pretty simple.

Pros
It has the most options of any other software we looked into to collect to Hotel OTAs which has allowed us to connect to multiple reservations within our niche.

Cons
It's been difficult to get comprehensive help with specific problems for implementing our property which had unique challenges. They're support team responds quickly but it mostly just a call center, you don't get someone assigned to your property.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Laura Shioli

Nice features and pricing, but needs better support.

Reviewed 2020-01-01
Review Source: Software Advice

Some aspects are really nice. Managing the channel reservations has become much easier, and managing reservations from our website has become easier. Cloudbeds is working to improve response time for support requests. If your company is already acquainted with a cloud based reservation and property management system, then Cloudbeds is worth considering. If you are making the change from an older, server based reservation system, find a software partner that provides comprehensive training and provides live support accessible by telephone. It is worth paying the extra money.

Pros
Our customers like the Booking Engine, and we like the integration with the sites like Booking.com and Expedia. We also like the variety of financial reports.

Cons
We really dislike the arrangement for Technical Support. There is NO option for immediate, live support. We cannot get a live person immediately for any support issue. We always have to submit an email request. We can request an urgent call back and sometimes it happens within a few hours and sometimes it is several hours later. We often have to go back and forth with multiple emails just to have the support rep or "coach" understand what we are talking about. We worried about this arrangement but took a chance.

Response from Cloudbeds

Thank you for this review, Laura. We are glad that the product is delivering value, and we are sorry that there were times when the service wasn't adequate for your needs. We are improving our Onboarding services and on-demand support in response to feedback just like this. We want to provide services that match the needs of our customers. Thank you again for the feedback.

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Steve Acedo

Cloudbeds has given my hotel a new life.

Reviewed 2019-10-08

Our goal when switching to Cloudbeds was to save time doing daily tasks but the software was done so much more. Our direct bookings have increased by over 35%. Guests have noticed the rate checker on my booking engine and felt confident booking directly. We also have seen a boost in OTA bookings. We added a couple of niche channels this past year offered in Cloubdeds Channel Manager and without any extra work from my team, the reservations have increased. My favorite part of the software is PIE. No longer am I worrying about rate management. The automated changes make me feel confident that my rates are helping me maximize my revenue. The time savings have had a big impact! I am a smaller boutique hotel and don't have the luxury of a big staff. My goal has always been to focus on the guest experience and to get away from the computer. Cloudbeds has streamlined every aspect of my operation and my guests feel it. Overall I am thrilled with my Cloudbeds experience. The people in the company seem to be happy to help me succeed. Knowing the 24/7 support there is a good feeling but to be honest, I haven't needed support very much. The software has built-in training videos and the software has been extremely reliable. When I have questions I find the answer pretty quickly in the help desk. I give Cloudbeds 10/10. I highly recommend letting Cloubdeds be your software partner.

Pros
Cloudbeds is fast and easy to use. The software saves me time and has many features that are growing my bookings. My hotel is now more productive and profitable than ever. Plus, they have amazing support! Cloudbeds gets a 10/10.

Cons
Hard to say what can be done to improve. The software seems to offer the best technology around. I went with the Cloubdeds Premier Package and get updated regularly that there are new or updated features available to me. It's good to know they don't stop innovating.

Justin Steele

Great at some things, missing many

Reviewed 2018-08-12

Cloudbeds is the best of an embarrassingly bad market. Their support is cheery and relatively quick to respond, which is all the more frustrating when they consistently cannot help you nor provide you insight into whether your issues will ever be fixed. They provide an "ideas" site for their customers to use (so their employees aren't required to actually talk to customers), and they have gone as far as to REMOVE the ability to comment on ideas in order to add more detail/use cases/etc. If screaming into the void wasn't bad enough, now they've closed the door in front of your face.

Pros
Seamless integration with third party channels. Would be nice to have less manual work in between each, but that is not something Cloudbeds could change easily, since it's also up to the 3rd party. Online booking widget/site is very good. Customer friendly, haven't received nearly any calls for people unable to figure out how to book. Calendar is relatively simple to use and provides ~80%+ of the info I need on a daily basis.

Cons
NO integration with a credit card swiping device. Instead, any walk ins or changes to credit cards for existing reservations require you to manually input the credit card, which is both time consuming AND costs us thousands of dollars extra a year in fees (keyed in cards are 1% higher than swiped for us). No mobile app, meaning you need to use their site which is not mobile friendly. Poor item entry to a reservation. Adding items to the system is a breeze, but adding them to a reservation takes 7 clicks IF you're already on the reservation folio, otherwise it can take 10 from the calendar! Total waste of time, especially when we sell numerous small items from our on premise store.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Erick Herrera

One of the best All in One Solutions for Boutique Hotels

Reviewed 2019-10-21

We are very happy with Cloudbeds. Easy to manage our property and train our staff. The whole team was very thankful that we finally changed our software to a better solution.

Pros
Easy to use. Our team quickly learned how to use the platform and we love the connectivity with our different channels - no more overbookings since we started working with Cloudbeds.

Cons
No accounting integration. We have to manually export our financial data to our local accounting software.

Felix Angerer

The easy to use PMS

Reviewed 2019-10-31

Cloudbeds increased our reservations in less than two 2 months using it - we have experience more bookings than before thanks to the Expertise that our Sales Manager gave us to increase the number of channels and also to use the right revenue strategy. Our entire staff is very thankful that they save a lot of time with our new PMS. All in all very happy we took the decision to change to an All in One Solution.

Pros
- East to learn - Very intuitive - Quick on boarding - Great Channel Manager - Excellent support

Cons
- Not available in German Language - No Accounting integration - Invoicing format is not customizable

Prashant Nihalani

It can’t get better for hostels!

Reviewed 2019-10-23

Pros
Super lucid interface Fantastic customer support (usual queries resolved in less than an hour) Lot of useful reports and features like housekeeping and cash draw

Cons
Only if the software had a mobile application.

Chelle McLean

Cloudbeds Review

Reviewed 2019-10-19

Overall I am very pleased with my experience. The support team is very helpful and the system works for what I need.

Pros
Overall appearance and layout for a quick glance of bookings and the layers to find more detailed information. The option to add additional services and costs to the room. The Dashboard to view bookings due to come in on the day. Email response to bookings by Cloudbeds

Cons
When amending bookings I dislike the automatic response to un assign room. That you can't view set or larger periods of time on one screen in the calendar. Rates and Availability / Base Rates - very long process to update system for each room category and changes in prices through high and low seasons. Due to working in Indonesia and the time difference new booking don't appear in the Dashboard. If a booking was made after the reception closes but before midnight the reservation won't appear and we need to search for it to assign room and action booking. Some processes such as split rooms or pricing per night can be slow and clunky.

kris hutchinson

Cloudbeds is our daily use program!

Reviewed 2019-02-13

Overall experience is a 10. We use the program daily for 24 hours a day, it is live onto our website and has assisted us in every way. 100% would recommend Cloudbeds to anyone needing a live program, or anyone in the hospitality business.

Pros
Cloudbeds is our daily use software for our hospitality business. It is a live program which interacts directly onto our website - which works wonders. Has a slight learning curve but once learned is super easy to comprehend and use on the daily. The customer service is WOW, no matter the issue you speak to someone directly every time and they help EVERY TIME. The updates are frequent, constantly adding new features - multiple times we contacted customer service about an issue and a week or two later there was an update adding said feature to make it easier!! Easily management and would recommend!

Cons
The only downside if one at all is that the program is LIVE. Meaning a power surge or anything and you cant use it. Sometimes updates happen at inconvenient times.

Jon Fox

The best property management software for power users

Reviewed 2019-08-28

We chose Cloudbeds to manage our riad in Morocco while being based in the UK. We wanted to ensure that the property would run smoothly and that we would have total visibility of business activity, and Cloudbeds totally delivers on that.

Pros
Cloudbeds is sophisticated and flexible, with every aspect of the system highly configurable. The functionality covers all of our day to day requirements & can handle unusual use cases. It also has integrations with distribution channels, payment providers, Zapier, a REST API for custom development and numerous others. This allows automation of much of what would otherwise be highly laborious tasks. I have seldom had to use it, but when I have their support has been responsive and very helpful.

Cons
Given the sophistication of the software, there is a steep learning curve initially, particularly with less technical front of house staff. However this is more than compensated for by the benefit once you are familiar with the system.

Ana Leamaro

Great PMS and always improving

Reviewed 2017-02-14

I've been through 5 PMS, 4 of them in the last 3 years. My difficulty was to find a software that was adequate for my guesthouse and my vacation apartments. I finally found what I needed in Cloudbeds. It was recommended to me by another hotel and it was my lucky day! This software is very easy to use, complete and they're always making it better with all the suggestions given by us. The customer support is the best I've ever worked with, very professional and fast in helping you. Probably because the software works so well they don't have many complains! The PMS has a channel manager for all the main websites and increasing daily the number of channels. It works perfectly without any problems and no double bookings due to connection delays. We have freed 3/4 hours of daily work with this PMS, which we can apply to other activities. If you're looking for a excellent PMS with a reasonable price than this is what you want. I highly recommend this system and I intend to keep working with them for a long long time.

Pros
Easy to use, very complete. Well organized and flexible. They're always looking for ways to improve

Cons
Housekeeping module still needs a bit of working; reports also need improvement and the list of channels available could be higher. However they work all the time to improve so it's just a matter of time

Nektarios Armatas

Super friendly, functional

Reviewed 2017-06-22

Pros
The PMS has nice colors and graphics plus statistics per channel,roomtypes, comparing years etc adding new stuff all the time. Support is super the team replies in the day with a fix most of the times. Cloudbeds team updates frequently taking care of the product and they listen to new suggestions very important. I had problems with other channel managers in the past not working well not sending all updates to channels top brand names but not here! Cloudbeds channel manager works spot on, no update issues changes from the PMS go to the channels in just a few secs. i totally trust it, it closes when it sells out and opens once a room is cancelled to resell it, auto mode no overbookings no trouble, giving me time to focus on other parts of my business, now i can have holidays in peak season when before i use to leave end of the season, my staff is loving it - pure positive energy! Im 2 years with cloudbeds a happy customer and would defentaly recommend it.

Bruno Schuermans

Good product but their API is VERY VERY buggy

Reviewed 2018-04-26

Integration with Booking engines

Pros
good user interface, simple easy to use, fast. good integration with booking.com and hosteworlds.com

Cons
API is not reliable, don't build your third party app on top of it. We got bugs or timeout with almost all of their API call. Then they told us fixing the API bugs are not their priority. So why do they sell the API access and make advertising on internet to say they are the only one to have an API

Response from Cloudbeds

Thanks for your feedback. The API is a priority for us (we have a dedicated team working on it) and we are constantly improving our API so that it's more user friendly and has a wider-range of features. A critical part of that product vision is definitely stability and infrastructure and it's something we are heavily investing in.
It looks like our integrations team is actively troubleshooting through a few support tickets with you right now. You've provided some great recommendations in there for ways to expand our API documentation that we're going to be implementing over the coming weeks. We're currently investigating where the particular timeout errors you're encountering are coming from since our logging metrics aren't registering it on our end. We'll absolutely keep working with you to find a solution here and appreciate your business.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Claudio Nunez

CloudBeds is the greatest tool for hoteliers

Reviewed 2017-02-13

CloudBeds is one of the best services available, if not the best. Our hotel has been working with them for over a year now, and couldn't be any happier. Their broad range of tools makes them the top 'Value for money' software. They have the complete package, and can adapt the software and costs for your needs and size of the hotel. Another great thing is that they have been updating the software with new tools that we as users request, and support is excellent via email or phone. We use of all the tools they provide, PMS, OTA manager, Website Booking Engine, among others, which are quite user friendly and saves you a lot of time and resources. We tried other services at the time, and decided that CloudBeds met all of our needs, and we don't regret our choice. We can definitely recommend them to any hospitality owner /operator.

Pros
- It has a broad range of tools, including PMS, OTA managment, Booking engine. - Best Value of the market. - Easy to use and fast learning curve. - It can be used in many devices, like PC, tablet or mobile. - Support is fast and responsive. - They adapt to your needs.

Gerard BION

My opinion

Reviewed 2019-09-06

Pros
The software filled what it was designed for...

Cons
Cloudbed boasts of having a plethora of people, despite that it is impossible to have a French-speaking interlocutor ... which is far from being a dead language ... As the handling is quite technical it would be good for everyone to be able to exchange in his language. The French market is I think enough developed to offer a dedicated software ... Although this software is very practical, it can be improved, despite the ideas and recommendations sent, never no return. Especially when it comes to changes (in my opinion) easy to implement ...

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Du Nguyen

Smart and functionl PMS

Reviewed 2019-07-05

It worth every single penny when we don't need to work by hand with hundreds of OTAs channel. We even can collect client from website direct to the Cloudbeds. And it is going to live with the agent when they are able to check, book and confirm by their own account on our system. This will minimize man power, save a lot of time and faster working with customer. And I would like to say thanks so much to the customer service team, which are very enthusiastic and helpful with a not very smart client like me.

Pros
I have to do nothing with OTAs when we used Cloudbeds. It saves a lot of my time for the operation task. Especially it works for even our accountant team with a lot of report and I have to do nothing by hand. I love the way they show "how to learn" by video. The customer service is very good. My English is not good enough to explain the problem by word, they arrange a phone call and everything is solved.

Cons
It is an online system and this is a weak - point for our property because we are a cruises which launch to the bay everyday with very bad signal, so sometimes our crew team need to come to the pier to use the system.