All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Cloudbeds Reviews

Pros

Great software to support my website booking system. Excellent support, help & guidance from initial purchase through to live integration with my website developers.

Jim K.

Read the full review
We are very happy with the software - it gives us exactly what we need and the results are excellent. Great Support and very helpful when it comes to problems.

Magaly G.

Read the full review
Customer service is great and there is always someone to respond. The set up was easy and it has really solved some of the greatest challenges we were facing.

Wengsi C.

Read the full review

Cons

Change this, it serves no purpose, but to aggravate the Innkeepers. The accounting end is complicated, no logical process, typical Geek mentality and no common sense.

bert h.

Read the full review
I was utterly shocked to see that coming from the Support team as this comes at a high level of risk to the property given that the resort will be held accountable for the confirmation email.

SUE L.

SUE L.

Read the full review

Overall recommended but hope you can make some improvements

Pros

the PMS and UX. Easy to use for everyone. Set up is easy and flexible. Integrations are useful

Cons

the Booking Engine - not flexible enough. PIE - trialled but the rate shopper took the wrong rates, not BAR so rate shopping comparison was useless to us.

Great reservation system for a small hotel

Overall, I've had a really good experience with Cloudbeds and am happy that this is the company we chose when picking a reservation system. There are lots of different options out there, and some of them were less expensive, but Cloudbeds turned out to be worth a little higher price. It's overall a really good software platform, and their amazing customer service and constant improvements makes it a really good value. I highly recommend them!

Pros

Cloudbeds works really well at organizing all of our reservations from different sources. It has a user friendly customer facing platform, and the platform we use is nice too. They are constantly making improvements and really listen to their customers' suggestions. I think the absolute best thing about Cloudbeds is their customer service. Really. I don't know that I've ever experienced such good customer...

Cons

There are a few clunky aspects to the software that could be improved. Setting up new base rates takes some time as you have to do it individually for each room type. Hopefully they'll find a way to improve that in the future. I've had a hard time setting up the system to automatically send a receipt to guests after they've checked out too. I'd also love it if our guests could choose add-ons when they book like adding a pet fee. It would be great if they could make this work with all of the different OTAs too, so that it's easier to collect a pet fee. Right now I have to manually go in and add this, which means the guest doesn't see their actual room price until they have checked in.

Front end is ok but back-end is far from acceptable

I was excited but after using it I was disappointed. On the front end, I do not deny that it has helped us in terms of inventory management and connection with OTAs. Nonetheless, the backend processes have really thrown us into utter disappointment. The support staff were trying to help but often provided workaround solutions that will put the property in a bigger issue. For instance, we had problems...

Pros

I like it that it is a all-in-one software and it's easy to use.

Cons

The payment processing module is far from acceptable. Cloudbeds is integrated with Stripe but the integration is not complete and requires a lot of manual backend work to confirm a reservation once a payment is cleared. One of the reasons for signing up with Cloudbeds is to cut down the amount of manual work backend we have but only to realise later that there are many things that have to be done manually....

Thanks very much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and take it seriously. The communication between support and technical teams is an important part of the customer experience. We are sorry there were moments when it didn't go well. As to payment processing, we may have new solutions for you since the posting of this review. If you would like to learn more, please email support@cloudbeds.com and reference this review. Perhaps we can find you a better solution. Thank you again for the candid feedback.

Easy to use and cost effective property management system with a great list of features.

I am very happy with the software

Pros

Cloudebeds is a PMS you get with a channel manager and booking engine. All in one software. You could learn how to use it without any one help. It has learning videos for most of the functions. Now it has multi currency functions as well.

Cons

Easy to use and cost-effective invoicing solution with a great list of features.

Easy to use PMS with great booking channel manager

Cloudbeds is a great solution for us to provide multiple booking channel management with its multiple language and multiple currency integrations however still needs improvement in terms of number of languages and currencies it supports and integration with physical pos which leads to slow operations like in our case.

Pros

Really saves our time with its automised multiple booking channel management system especially its automatic rate management helps us to optimize our revenue by providing the optimal price for rooms over time. Offers a great number of booking channels, expecially integration with Expedia is really beneficial for us. Other great aspect of Cloudbeds is it is really easy to train the staff to start using it.

Cons

Acomos doe not have integration with the physical pos that we are using which costs us time in operations to manually input the credit card details. Additional languages and more multiple currency integration would be beneficial for the hotels which operate multi-national staff like us.

Thank you for this review! We are glad to be partners with your property. As we continue to advance our software solution, keep your ideas and feedback coming. Cheers!

Smooth transition, excellent functionality

From beginning to end, it was relatively easy. Stressful at times, until I fully understood. I actually prefer managing hands on the entire transition. That ensured I understood exactly how things work, and put it on me to complete the transition in a quality manner. Along the way, Cloudbeds support was extremely responsive and helpful when I got stuck (which was rarely). Once we went live, the system performed exactly as desired. I couldn't be happier with it.

Pros

Pretty much everything. While the structure differed from our previous system, once I understood how it was organized, it was easy to use and functioned flawlessly. Every time I needed to do something, the capability was there. Now it's all routine. I love the fact that the integrity of the system does not depend on my server, in my building, with support requiring remote access to my operating system. Now I could lose power, internet, and we are still functional on any device I can get internet access. The seamless integration with Expedia and Booking.com is wonderful, along with our credit card merchant. Upgrading from out old system to this capability pays for it monthly, based on additional bookings and mistake-free credit card processing.

Cons

I would be nit picking, and even then, I can't think of anything to mention. The two security items that were a nuisance my partner fixed within the application, resolving that slight annoyance. There is functionality I would use on occasion if I was willing to pay up for the subscription, but that's on me. It's there if I ever think it worthwhile. Even at the lowest level, I am perfectly happy.

The comfort of a hotel and the adventure of a camping

We switched to Cloudbeds almost a year ago and we experienced an amazing improvement in sales since the very beginning of our adventure. We love it and will keep growing with it. This software is getting better every month!

Pros

Easy onboarding. Simple to train our staff and new team members. Great connectivity with channels. 27/7 Support

Cons

We would love to see more integrations in the future. A mobile App would be amazing.

Great All in One Solution - PMS + Channel Manager + Booking Engine

Overall we are very happy with Cloudbeds. It's a software you can trust. We were worried at the beginning since we were used working with local servers, but we are very happy about the decision we took to switch to a cloudbased system.

Pros

One of the biggest Pros is that we don't have to use any 3rd party software anymore. It all works perfectly together and we are happy that we don't have to switch between different solutions for our daily workflow. It gives us full control over the business and a great overview of our daily operations. Since we started with Cloudbeds we increased our direct bookings and our revenue. Great software which we totally recommend for others.

Cons

Not available in German language. We would love to work with a Mobile App. No Accounting integration - we have to export all the data and upload it into our accounting software.

Easy to Use All in One Property Management Software

Pros

Excellent channel management - since we are working with Cloudbeds we never had an overbooking. It's fast and reliable. Easy to Use Calendar - you can move reservations with one click. Payment Processing is automatized and connected with Stripe. We also automatized our Welcome and Goodbye Emails with Cloudbeds - increased our Guest Experience.

Cons

Invoicing could be more customizable - we currently use another software for accounting and invoicing. A Mobile App would be super helpful to have it on our phone - it's mobile responsive but it's not very user-friendly.

We Sold Out Our Campground!

It was difficult to implement initially and took longer than anticipated, but once it was up and running we sold out very quickly. Now that it's up and going it feels pretty simple.

Pros

It has the most options of any other software we looked into to collect to Hotel OTAs which has allowed us to connect to multiple reservations within our niche.

Cons

It's been difficult to get comprehensive help with specific problems for implementing our property which had unique challenges. They're support team responds quickly but it mostly just a call center, you don't get someone assigned to your property.

Reliable & Affordable PMS

Maintaining the property has never been so easy since we've used CloudBeds. We've expanded from 21 rooms at the beginning to a fully-functional 30 rooms resort.

Pros

CloudBeds has complete features that helps us grow our business for the last two years. They have provided excellent support from time to time. Our business have expanded ever since.

Cons

When they're updating the software in the mid of the busy hours.

Nice features and pricing, but needs better support.

Some aspects are really nice. Managing the channel reservations has become much easier, and managing reservations from our website has become easier. Cloudbeds is working to improve response time for support requests. If your company is already acquainted with a cloud based reservation and property management system, then Cloudbeds is worth considering. If you are making the change from an older, server based reservation system, find a software partner that provides comprehensive training and provides live support accessible by telephone. It is worth paying the extra money.

Pros

Our customers like the Booking Engine, and we like the integration with the sites like Booking.com and Expedia. We also like the variety of financial reports.

Cons

We really dislike the arrangement for Technical Support. There is NO option for immediate, live support. We cannot get a live person immediately for any support issue. We always have to submit an email request. We can request an urgent call back and sometimes it happens within a few hours and sometimes it is several hours later. We often have to go back and forth with multiple emails just to have the support rep or "coach" understand what we are talking about. We worried about this arrangement but took a chance.

Thank you for this review, Laura. We are glad that the product is delivering value, and we are sorry that there were times when the service wasn't adequate for your needs. We are improving our Onboarding services and on-demand support in response to feedback just like this. We want to provide services that match the needs of our customers. Thank you again for the feedback.

User-Friendly, Constantly Improving & the Best Bang for our buck!

We have loved using Cloudbeds! It's helped us increase bookings, made email marketing super easy and

Pros

The ease of use is great. We train a lot of people and they can pick it up easily! I also love the ease of compatibility with OTA's, as well as the robust email marketing function. We have steadily increased our direct bookings and that feature alone is so valuable!

Cons

The lack of a Groups function (this is fairly common in hospitality software) and how it's pretty pricey to add. I also did not like the digital ticket system for customer support, but they recently introduced regional customer service reps which has been so helpful!

Thanks, Sydney! We appreciate your review and product feedback. And cheers to direct bookings!

Cloudbeds has given my hotel a new life.

Our goal when switching to Cloudbeds was to save time doing daily tasks but the software was done so much more. Our direct bookings have increased by over 35%. Guests have noticed the rate checker on my booking engine and felt confident booking directly. We also have seen a boost in OTA bookings. We added a couple of niche channels this past year offered in Cloubdeds Channel Manager and without any...

Pros

Cloudbeds is fast and easy to use. The software saves me time and has many features that are growing my bookings. My hotel is now more productive and profitable than ever. Plus, they have amazing support! Cloudbeds gets a 10/10.

Cons

Hard to say what can be done to improve. The software seems to offer the best technology around. I went with the Cloubdeds Premier Package and get updated regularly that there are new or updated features available to me. It's good to know they don't stop innovating.

Great at some things, missing many

Cloudbeds is the best of an embarrassingly bad market. Their support is cheery and relatively quick to respond, which is all the more frustrating when they consistently cannot help you nor provide you insight into whether your issues will ever be fixed. They provide an "ideas" site for their customers to use (so their employees aren't required to actually talk to customers), and they have gone as far as to REMOVE the ability to comment on ideas in order to add more detail/use cases/etc. If screaming into the void wasn't bad enough, now they've closed the door in front of your face.

Pros

Seamless integration with third party channels. Would be nice to have less manual work in between each, but that is not something Cloudbeds could change easily, since it's also up to the 3rd party. Online booking widget/site is very good. Customer friendly, haven't received nearly any calls for people unable to figure out how to book. Calendar is relatively simple to use and provides ~80%+ of the info I need on a daily basis.

Cons

NO integration with a credit card swiping device. Instead, any walk ins or changes to credit cards for existing reservations require you to manually input the credit card, which is both time consuming AND costs us thousands of dollars extra a year in fees (keyed in cards are 1% higher than swiped for us). No mobile app, meaning you need to use their site which is not mobile friendly. Poor item entry to a reservation. Adding items to the system is a breeze, but adding them to a reservation takes 7 clicks IF you're already on the reservation folio, otherwise it can take 10 from the calendar! Total waste of time, especially when we sell numerous small items from our on premise store.

One of the best All in One Solutions for Boutique Hotels

We are very happy with Cloudbeds. Easy to manage our property and train our staff. The whole team was very thankful that we finally changed our software to a better solution.

Pros

Easy to use. Our team quickly learned how to use the platform and we love the connectivity with our different channels - no more overbookings since we started working with Cloudbeds.

Cons

No accounting integration. We have to manually export our financial data to our local accounting software.

The easy to use PMS

Cloudbeds increased our reservations in less than two 2 months using it - we have experience more bookings than before thanks to the Expertise that our Sales Manager gave us to increase the number of channels and also to use the right revenue strategy. Our entire staff is very thankful that they save a lot of time with our new PMS. All in all very happy we took the decision to change to an All in One Solution.

Pros

- East to learn - Very intuitive - Quick on boarding - Great Channel Manager - Excellent support

Cons

- Not available in German Language - No Accounting integration - Invoicing format is not customizable

It can’t get better for hostels!

Pros

Super lucid interface Fantastic customer support (usual queries resolved in less than an hour) Lot of useful reports and features like housekeeping and cash draw

Cons

Only if the software had a mobile application.

Cloudbeds Review

Overall I am very pleased with my experience. The support team is very helpful and the system works for what I need.

Pros

Overall appearance and layout for a quick glance of bookings and the layers to find more detailed information. The option to add additional services and costs to the room. The Dashboard to view bookings due to come in on the day. Email response to bookings by Cloudbeds

Cons

When amending bookings I dislike the automatic response to un assign room. That you can't view set or larger periods of time on one screen in the calendar. Rates and Availability / Base Rates - very long process to update system for each room category and changes in prices through high and low seasons. Due to working in Indonesia and the time difference new booking don't appear in the Dashboard. If a booking was made after the reception closes but before midnight the reservation won't appear and we need to search for it to assign room and action booking. Some processes such as split rooms or pricing per night can be slow and clunky.

Cloudbeds is our daily use program!

Overall experience is a 10. We use the program daily for 24 hours a day, it is live onto our website and has assisted us in every way. 100% would recommend Cloudbeds to anyone needing a live program, or anyone in the hospitality business.

Pros

Cloudbeds is our daily use software for our hospitality business. It is a live program which interacts directly onto our website - which works wonders. Has a slight learning curve but once learned is super easy to comprehend and use on the daily. The customer service is WOW, no matter the issue you speak to someone directly every time and they help EVERY TIME. The updates are frequent, constantly adding new features - multiple times we contacted customer service about an issue and a week or two later there was an update adding said feature to make it easier!! Easily management and would recommend!

Cons

The only downside if one at all is that the program is LIVE. Meaning a power surge or anything and you cant use it. Sometimes updates happen at inconvenient times.

The best property management software for power users

We chose Cloudbeds to manage our riad in Morocco while being based in the UK. We wanted to ensure that the property would run smoothly and that we would have total visibility of business activity, and Cloudbeds totally delivers on that.

Pros

Cloudbeds is sophisticated and flexible, with every aspect of the system highly configurable. The functionality covers all of our day to day requirements & can handle unusual use cases. It also has integrations with distribution channels, payment providers, Zapier, a REST API for custom development and numerous others. This allows automation of much of what would otherwise be highly laborious tasks. I have seldom had to use it, but when I have their support has been responsive and very helpful.

Cons

Given the sophistication of the software, there is a steep learning curve initially, particularly with less technical front of house staff. However this is more than compensated for by the benefit once you are familiar with the system.

Great PMS and always improving

I've been through 5 PMS, 4 of them in the last 3 years. My difficulty was to find a software that was adequate for my guesthouse and my vacation apartments. I finally found what I needed in Cloudbeds. It was recommended to me by another hotel and it was my lucky day! This software is very easy to use, complete and they're always making it better with all the suggestions given by us. The customer support...

Pros

Easy to use, very complete. Well organized and flexible. They're always looking for ways to improve

Cons

Housekeeping module still needs a bit of working; reports also need improvement and the list of channels available could be higher. However they work all the time to improve so it's just a matter of time

Using in hostel group

All-in-one package is the most benefit. Actually all staff members don't understand even the difference between channel manager and property management system.

Pros

The training period could be shortened since it is easy to understand.

Cons

It does not connect with Jaran, Rakuten or other OTAs in Japan.

Thank you for the review! We are glad you find Cloudbeds easy to use. Less time training means more time making reservations!

Super friendly, functional

Pros

The PMS has nice colors and graphics plus statistics per channel,roomtypes, comparing years etc adding new stuff all the time. Support is super the team replies in the day with a fix most of the times. Cloudbeds team updates frequently taking care of the product and they listen to new suggestions very important. I had problems with other channel managers in the past not working well not sending all...

My opinion

Pros

The software filled what it was designed for...

Cons

Cloudbed boasts of having a plethora of people, despite that it is impossible to have a French-speaking interlocutor ... which is far from being a dead language ... As the handling is quite technical it would be good for everyone to be able to exchange in his language. The French market is I think enough developed to offer a dedicated software ... Although this software is very practical, it can be improved, despite the ideas and recommendations sent, never no return. Especially when it comes to changes (in my opinion) easy to implement ...

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.