Recruitee Reviews

Recruitee

Europe's leading Talent Acquisition Platform

4.57/5 (136 reviews)

Pros
  • Just a super good product with a great team behind it. I recommend using the tool to all of my customers (as an HR & Recruitment Specialist consultant).Kelly R.Read the full review
  • It is very cost effective with respect to the features it provides. It helps to enable job promotions and source talent for your organization.Alan J.Read the full review
  • Ve always been helped very quickly in a friendly and professional manner. One of the rep, in particularly stands out as a great customer representative - always going above and beyond to help you.Dora O.Read the full review
Cons
  • Terrible, terrible support. Every time I've had a (simple) question it's resulted in a disappointing customer service.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • In May Areas however the user Interface suffers. PDF files, especially for the CV is a chore to use with magnification functionalities that make me scream.Janosch F.Read the full review
  • The way in which the emails are being displayed is highly confusing as it's not chronological and doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. In addition, there are functions that should be available.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Aislinn Kenyon

Entreflow Consulting Group's use of Recruitee

Reviewed 2019-04-19

It's helped us the most because we do our recruitment on a regular basis. So rather than having all the applications go to your inbox, clogging up your email, and potentially losing really awesome candidates falling through the cracks of all your email mess, it sends all of the applications to one cool app and through the app you're able to manage the applicants based on the pipeline stage that they're in, and the actions need to happen with them.

Pros
The spotlighted feature for this app is really that it's super easy to track your applicants. It makes it really easy to see where everyone's at in their state different stages, you can add comments, you can rate them, you can pass them over to someone else on your team to review, and a lot of other functionality and workflow love in there. Some more of the top features; you can do a job board posting through the app itself. So once you get your job ad in there you can basically have it sent to, at the moment for Canadians at Glass Door and Indeed, hopefully some more Canadian job boards in the future. There's a career site that comes along with it too. So basically it helps you to build out a careers page that's on brand with the rest of your website, so people can go and see your careers page all your jobs posted there really easily and apply for those. There's the candidate pipeline, so being able to see visually where the candidates are in the pipeline so if you're out the need to do a phone screen, or in-person interview, or second interview, what have you. Really easy to see where you're at. Also, we use this app with our clients that we do recruitment for and it makes it really easy for us to collaborate. So, they're able to gain access to see where the applicants that we're recruiting are in the pipeline and be able to comment on some of the applicants we have in there.

Cons
At the moment you can send a calendar invite to a candidate through the app which is pretty cool but it'd be great to be able to send them a link for them to book time based on your calendar. So almost like a Calendly plugin or something like that. This way, if you're having trouble getting in touch with somebody you can just send them a link and then they can book the time based on when they're available. That would speed things up a little bit. We'd love to see a Craigslist integration as well, at the moment you have to go out to Craigslist post the job. From there the resumes and everything will come into Recruitee, but having to go out into Craigslist to post is a little bit of a nuisance.

Response from Recruitee

Hi Aislinn,

Thank you for your review, it's great to see some love from Canada! We are happy that you appreciate the collaborative aspect of Recruitee as this what we are all about.

Following your comment, Craigslist.org is now available for you to post your job on, should you come across other job boards that you would like to have integrated, let us know or post directly on our Roadmap!

Pro tip: our recent Scheduler feature allows candidates to book an appointment themselves based on your availability, check it out on our Help Center or contact us and we will help you out.

Best regards,
Customer Success Team

Janosch Felde

A Mixed Bag with some really shiny aspects besides some disappointing letdowns

Reviewed 2018-11-23

Recruitee is a Tool which gets the Job done. It makes you scream at times and the UI makes you wonder wether the curses you just heared actually really came out of your own mouth. Then again it provides a hassle free way to set up Job offerings, keeps applicants in a clean status and supports your day to day work with simplifications that save you time (once you learned the UI). My general opinion is, it actually Recruitee still IS worth the price but I somewhat fear for the products future as in my impression Recruitee has been overrun by its own success, growing much too fast and loosing track of the fact, that a feature is only as good as its useability. Hopefully it does not choke on going too fast and finds its way back from a bucket list of features to delivering them enjoyably and in a user oriented way.

Pros
Back weh we started to use Recruitee we had a bunch of Email boxes and excel files. All our Job offerings were hand made and someone had to invest a huge amount of time making connections, answering emails and often only one step ahead of mishaps, confusion and losing potential candidates. This all changed when we introduced Recruitee. All of a sudden we had Trackable job offerings, Pipelines for candidates, a truly reliable control for who had access to what, Email templates and even some basic reporting. It was like a whole new world for us, and a great one. Today soe of the Features remain great. The Pipelines and Process structure for aplliccants works like a charm. Also building job offerings and integrating them into our career portal works really fantastically. Email templates are used a lot still as are the team discussion functionalities for applicants. Also sharing an application for a limited time with key members of the team he is supposed to work in is really easy, reasonably secure and easy to do.

Cons
All the Core Features are there and are okay. In May Areas however the user Interface suffers. PDF files, especially for the CV is a chore to use with magnification functionalities that make me scream. Also lot of the simple and clean user experience from teh early days has been cluttered up by additional features. As someone who designed UI and UX for a living I feel okay to say: Especially the recently added Email functionalities have never been properly user tested. The UI is hard to learn and in this particular area. The support works fast and is verry willing to help but often helpless regarding (our specific) cases. Basically a major UI Overhaul is something I would whish for intensely, especially if it could bring back the simplicity and ease of use from the early days

Response from Recruitee

Dear Janosch,

Thank you for your feedback. We prioritize the customer experience above all else. As our product grows, so too do the UX challenges we face, which is why we have a dedicated team working on some exciting improvements to ensure a simple design and a great user experience.

We'd be more than happy to keep you in the loop for this! See DM for more details. Thanks again.

Kind regards,

Perry Oostdam
CEO / Co-founder

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Carolien Temmerman

Intuitive software, great support!

Reviewed 2020-02-13
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
The software is very intuitive. Even the hiring managers like to keep the candidate files updated in the tool, which was a hassle with previous softwares. It has a lot of features which make it easy to use and very all round. I was a bit hesitate because there isn't a local contact point, but every time I reach out to the support team, they react within the hour. They provide the right information and are really helpfull. They constantly adjust the tool, so for the same amount of money, you keep updates. The tool gets better and better.

Cons
I think there can be some improvements made concerning referrals, possibilities concerning tasks and an area to keep documents, but they are working on some of these things.

Ioannis Antopoulos

The go-to ATS for start-ups and small-size enterprises

Reviewed 2019-12-12
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
A combination of the following: - Ease of use - Great value for money - Recent high pace of delivered new features

Cons
The reporting features. They are quite limited and the data is not accurate (pipeline tracking seems broken or is impacted heavily by "human error").

Ken Hardin

Buyer Beware

Reviewed 2017-11-10
Review Source: Software Advice

For Americans this isn't the best bet as they are in Europe on pretty much an opposite time zone. Also is not good for recruiting teams, staffing agencies, and the like as they aren't really capable of supporting a mass amount of jobs without some negotiation. I look at service in a 360 perspective. The first 180 was good when we signed up but the other side of the coin was a huge let down - they literally just stopped communicating with us even though they are holding 500+ applicants and all of the data we have on them. It's still there now, with no way to access it or do anything about it without shelling out cash to a third party. Hugely disappointing. It is due to my overall experience that I can not, in good conscience, recommend this product to anyone but my competitors because I know ultimately it won't go the distance for them and will put them at a disadvantage, which in the long run will benefit us. It is what it is.

Pros
This product was very easy to use, also the customer service during our companies onboarding to the product was great. There was no shortage of help. They even worked with us to develop a solution that included more jobs as we maxed out their highest plan almost immediately.

Cons
Ultimately we left Recruitee because we needed something that could handle ATS, hiring, onborarding, and communications with and to existing staff. When we let it be known that we were leaving the tone of everything abruptly changed. No more customer service, our contact no longer communicated with us, and the IT team just sent us a link to their API to retrieve our data encompassing over 500 applicants in varying stages. Upon further investigation the API that they provided left the data in several pieces. In order to retrieve it we were forced with the option of developing custom script on our own or paying a developer a rate, which was the lowest bid we could find due to the time it would take to extrapolate it all. Ultimately with this Recruitee let us down. They boast that all of the data you insert into their system is yours but that's not necessarily true.

Response from Simone

Dear Ken,

We're sorry to hear about your experience. We always aim for the highest standard of customer service and experience. We appreciate your feedback and we would like to take this chance to improve.

First of all, we're happy to hear that you had a positive experience during the onboarding. As you can see on other reviews, our Customer Support is rated highly by all users. To make sure all of our customers experience the same standard of support, we have a dedicated Customer Support team based in the US. They can be reached via different channels such as the live chat, email, and phone. I wish you would have had the chance to meet them, they would have been more than happy to help you during your office hours.

Second, it is correct that we have tailored plans for companies with a bigger number of jobs. The main reason is that bigger companies often need more support for onboarding. To personalize these services, we find it important to discuss in order to offer the best tailored package if you're interested.

Finally I would like to let you know that the data in Recruitee is yours. We never use or sell candidate data or any other information you collect. We offer a standard API export for all users. We hope in the future, we could customize it further so that it can fulfill more complex export requests.

Best regards,
Simone

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Brittany Anderson

Recruitee is easy to use

Reviewed 2019-06-11

I remember when every applicant came to my email, and I'm so happy those days are over. I'm happy we are using Recruitee and I'd recommend it if you are having any issues tracking your applicants.

Pros
I love how many things you can customize with Recruitee. The pre-screening questions, the hiring pipeline, hiring pools, and so much more can be customized for what your organization needs. It's a clean interface which keeps things really organized. It keeps all the communication with the candidate in one place. It also allows you to limit access to your hiring pool depending on their role. The archive feature is great. When you turn off a job everything is kept in the archive, which makes it super easy to turn the job back on - no more re-writing job ads every time! Recruitee also tracks if an applicant has applied more than once, or for the same role. It can also merge profiles together. This is a really helpful feature!

Cons
I checked out ziprecruiter and they had a deal breaker feature (ie. if an employee doesn't answer a question a certain way they are disqualified). Recruitee doesn't have this feature, but it would be nice addition. As Recruitee offers more and more features, the price is increasing. It's not crazy expensive, but the price creep is on my radar.

Tessa de Beurs

Customer support is very well arranged at Recruitee!

Reviewed 2020-01-28
Review Source: Software Advice

Overall I am very happy with the use of Recruitee, nice and simple to use and a great customer support team who are always ready to help us out.

Pros
Recruitee is very easy to use and has some interesting features. What I like most about Recruitee is the helpful people in their customer support team. They always respond very quickly and are very supportive when we have questions about their product.

Cons
It would be helpful if there comes an automated way of shifting candidates who want to stay in our database versus candidates who want to be deleted in terms of GDPR. Also I would be interested in more features for retrieving interesting reports based on our recruitment data.

Anonymous

Good recruiting software for a startup

Reviewed 2019-12-13

Overall, we like using Recruitee, it's easy to use and convenient. I think it's a good fit for any startup that needs an easy-to-use and GDPR-compliant recruiting system.

Pros
- Easy to get the job portal live and customize it - Fast posting of new jobs, very easy to edit questions, people in charge, etc. - Easy to customize workflows - Fast employee enablement on using the software - Very convenient review of candidates using evaluations feature - recruiters prepare notes and we can read them - Good mobile app - always use it when doing interviews to view notes + resume, no more email searching

Cons
- The mobile app broke many times for us and wouldn't work at all for weeks, then got fixed - Hard to find candidates we didn't go ahead with - Archiving positions makes it very hard to find if one needs to restore later

Rose Cregut

easy, quick to set up!

Reviewed 2020-02-25

Pros
- easy to use - clean interface - easy to set up, adjust etc.

Cons
that I'm forced to answer this question, while I have no cons ;)

Sven Van Veen

Super user friendly: Efficient and good overview

Reviewed 2020-02-11
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
overview: easy access to participant info nice communication possibilities (e-mail free)

Cons
lack of analysis possibilities. (reports on scores and funnels over time)

Paul Indolean

fit perfectly to our needs

Reviewed 2019-09-24
Review Source: Software Advice

I am as happy as can be with this product - I have implemented it in 2 different companies and will probably do the same in the future - everybody was always excited when I pitched Recruitee to them, and even more so when they started using it.

Pros
Ease of use - has all that I need, lacks what I do not and would make the use heavier.

Cons
maybe the search function could work a bit better, but there is nothing really that I do not like.

Pavneet Khurana

CANDA experience

Reviewed 2019-04-23
Review Source: Software Advice

Great customer service/success - always going above and beyond to help with queries Saved our life with GDPR last year Thanks, team!

Pros
User interface Ability to provide clients with transparency of data Careers site, importance of employer brand

Cons
Would be good to see: - Design led email campaigns - how can we creatively represent our brands to enhance their employer brand through candidate communication (e.g. can we integrate with the likes of mailchimp/campaign monitor) - ability to integrate candidate feedback surveys into email e.g. CNPS ratings etc. - ability to edit scoring format e.g. we'd prefer a 1-5 rating rather than a thumbs up/down rating OR ability to edit the data fields (e.g. strong yes =5), sometimes the language use of (yes/strong yes) encourages subjectivity amongst our team - Careers site: (can we use bespoke coding to create careers site? often the careers sites we create can look the same as one another, would love to chance to be more creative)

Tong Wan

One of the best ATS at very reasonable price range

Reviewed 2017-08-31
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
User-friendly, easy to get up and running, clear dashboard, amazing support team with a good sense of humor. Way better than some more 'well-known' ATS. They really focus on making the product, but stay at super reasonable and affordable prices. Provide clear overview of pipeline and all kinds of customized adjustment per job. Supports career site. Love the team notes, review and task feature - so helpful. Very nice reports with data. Involve team members in recruitment and make communication easier and faster. Too many good functions! Love it as a recruiter.

Cons
- should for sure integrate with Linkedin ASAP; this would significantly increase the value of this ATS - would love to see more data in reports and maybe allow recruiter to set up what they want to keep an eye on and analyze - calendar should sync with Google calendar both ways - now we are not using this feature at all because it doesn't allow the sync the other way around - when I write reviews, I would love to be able to go back to check CVs without losing my incomplete reviews

Leila Blauner

The only ATS that has everything I need

Reviewed 2017-06-07

Ability to allow clients access to my system, so I can work with them in the collaborative and transparent way that we love

Pros
I spent days evaluating 30+ ATS's via trials / demos etc. (and looking at hundreds overall). This was the ONLY one that had what I needed. I work very collaboratively with my clients and want to be able to let them into my platform. This allows me to do so, and the permissions are so incredibly comprehensive and flexible I can work with them in an endless number of ways. the search / filters are incredible as well, so this allows really easy report creation for me, as well as transparency. The service and people are fantastic -- top notch team. I'm so excited and relieved to have found them. And pricing is fantastic as well. UI is fantastic. Careers site is wonderful. Reseller model incredibly advantageous. This is a product I can believe in.

Cons
Copy and paste from Word into job description for posting (even when using the copy/paste from word button) is not good (bullets will go missing). There may be an easy workaround - I haven't asked them for help with that. And I really wish I could purchase ziprecruiter boosts on their site so I could get rid of my ziprecruiter subscription

Response from Recruitee

Hello Leila, Thank you for the review and feedback. We have added a Word copy-paste feature to all job creation forms. Good one! Kind regards, Perry (co-founder)

Aik Deveneijns

Excellent ATS, bringing Trello's user interface to candidate pipelines

Reviewed 2015-04-24

Although the company only exists for less than a year, the product is already up there with the likes of Lever, Greenhouse and Workable, which have raised significantly more funding. In contrast to most older ATS', the user interface and the workflow is clean, simple and fast. This is crucial to our company as we process large volumes of jobs and candidates for our customers. And this gets time-intensive quickly. A lot better than the incumbent platforms like Taleo. Then there is the per-vacancy pipeline overview, where you can easily drag and drop candidates to different phases. I haven't seen that one with any ATS so far. Great. I can even manage all different customers/companies from one account. Mail communication, CV-checking, candidate reviews are all neatly integrated into one interface. Pro's: - Interface, workflow, clean design - Trello-like pipeline management interface - Auto-posting to 40+, mostly European job boards (I actually think some integrations are done manually bij Recruitee; which is fine). - No need for a 5-6k LinkedIn recruiter account for job posting (uses job credits) - Great customer service and quick response time. - Rapidly adding features / improving product. - One account, multiple companies & career portals. Great for freelance recruiters and headhunters. - Google apps integration, mailflow in email inbox as well as recruitee environment. Cons: - No sourcing module yet like Lever and Workable (add linkedin, facebook, github social profiles to talent pool); seems to be on roadmap though. - Seems to be mainly focused on small- & medium companies - Less suitable for US market - Reporting / analytics still basic - Like many ATS' out there, career portal design very basic. You are able to integrate job listings in a custom designed HTML/CCS page though. - When posting to some job boards, the company description on the career page isn't posted.

Craig Scannell

Drag & Drop, Super Powerful Recruiting Software

Reviewed 2018-08-07
Review Source: Software Advice

If you are a 10-200 employer you should seriously think about implementing Recruitee - great product!

Pros
If you are looking for recruiting software that is enjoyable to use then Recruitee should be on your list. I find the drag and drop functionality really great. These guys have also taken so much time to think about flexibility. From custom hiring process to job advert template and even so much flexibility on your sourcing strategy. You can have Recruitee setup without having to get any technical implementation teams involved and changing a few things is also something you can do quickly and by yourself. Dashboards are custom, useful and easy to use.

Cons
It is more suitable to smaller to mid size companies who are looking to implement something quickly, easily and do not want to be locked into predefined process like the larger providers do. No cons at all.

Anna King

Recruitee is very user friendly!!

Reviewed 2019-08-26
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Recruitee is so easy to use and makes a lot of the must do tasks of recruiting candidates quick and painless!

Cons
I wish it also included compensation data in it. One of the other programs we reviewed encompasses this into the program and helps to complete the entire hiring process in one program.

Luke Gracie

Allows for collaboration

Reviewed 2019-09-16
Review Source: Software Advice

Fantastic product. Allows us to organize our team, keep a robust record of candidates for proactive and rainy day opps, and generally gave us a framework to up our recruiting game. Highly recommended.

Pros
It organized our recruiting efforts, ensuring candidates didn't slip through the cracks. Also enabled collaboration. Specifically enjoy: email logging, candidate records are easy to find info and organized, collaboration is easy / intuitive, easy to structure templates to customize. So much better than a spreadsheet!

Cons
It's only as useful as your team is bought into it. Not a con, but make sure you onboard and enforce your teams use.

Sonita Uijt de Haag

European efficiency with American style customer support

Reviewed 2017-09-20

Makes me faster, keeps me organized.

Pros
It's easy, so so so easy. It's not that expensive. They have clever tools that I didn't know I wanted until I saw them, like the ability to source applicants you look at with a chrome extension, a dummy proof careers page that is customizable, an internal kanban board, the ability to share with people who don't want to login to anything (HR peeps you know what I am talking about). Easy integration with free job boards and all resumes are searchable (this is key for finding people in your past pools, that you think would be good for new jobs that opened up, its better than having to "tag" everything liek a lot of ATSs require). They know their EU data law compliance and general knowledge of EU laws associated with recruiting (So US, we aren't good at this one... )

Cons
The only things I would change are how the sourcing code is generated for sites so if I get something off angel, I jsut want that code generated, it's easy and doable as is, but I was spoiled by my last ATS that did it for me.

Anonymous

Quite a good option for recruitment software

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-12-12

I think it is a great software for recruitment, however, there are many things to improve to make it 'the best' software out there, like more filtering options. And for GDPR, it'd be great if the deletion could be automatically set.

Pros
I enjoy the design of the software and how easy it is to add candidates and browse their profiles, how many functions it has, allowing for scheduling meetings, sending emails, having all the attachments available in the same area, how easy it is to create different pipelines for different positions. I also really appreciate them adding GDPR related options.

Cons
The way in which the emails are being displayed is highly confusing as it's not chronological and doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. In addition, there are functions that should be available.. like searching for candidates using several filters at a time, for example, I can search everyone who speaks Spanish for example but cannot search people who speak spanish AND who have a secondary education (just to give a random example).

Response from Recruitee

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear you enjoy working with Recruitee.

Customer experience is one of our priorities so we would love to get in touch to get more details about your experience with the mailbox. Also, I'm more than happy to show you how you can use multiple filters and Boolean Search in the candidate database.

Please contact us via support@recruitee.com.

Kind regards,

Simone van Eijk
Customer Success Manager

Dario Cositore

Recruitee: Great customer support, not so great software

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2019-08-07

I was looking for a solution for what we are trying to implement lately, We are in need of a software that not only will be a powerful ATS but also an easy to manage "recruit-a-friend" solution. Unfortunately recruitee lacks of hard of customizations, and for that purpose it gives only the ability to "share" a job that your company posted but does not give you the ability, as a "referral", to followup with the status of their referee's application but I loved how their team genuinely did all the best to help us in trying to find a workaround, that really shows how much they care about it.

Pros
No doubt about it, the customer support received was phenomenal.

Cons
Unfortunately it's an extremely limited software with no costumization whatsoever. It comes in a block, you have to love that block.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Changed the way we hire

Reviewed 2019-04-24

Pros
Recruitee has a gorgeous user interface that allows us to organize applicants in a streamlined way. This has changed the way we schedule interviews, send offer or thank you letters. We searched for a long time before finding Recruitee and are completely satisfied with the product.

Cons
A custom form would be the only thing missing from this software. If I could embed a custom application form on my "Apply" page of the website, and have it automatically populate the Recruitee back-end, I would be ecstatic. As of right now we're doing it with the tools provided, which is mostly fine.

Pardeep Munda

Recruitee

Reviewed 2019-01-03

Very Good

Pros
Very good ATS and very easy to use. All job portals can be linked with this ATS and we do not go to different portals for recruiting again and again.

Cons
Some option on portals are not visible when we use portals through recruitee. All rest is fine and no issue more.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Diana Soprana

It was one of the best choices I've made, it saves tons of time for our recruitment team!

Reviewed 2018-06-17

This software saved a lot of our time for adminitrating resumes and also helps to monitor the recruitment processes very easily. It is simple and easy to use.

Pros
Recruitee software is easy to use and if there are any questions, customer support reacts very fast. There are the main functions that a recruitment team needs and recruitee offers on-time developments and additional functions.

Cons
I couldn't name any cons regarding this software, the updates we're in need specifically for our company have been implemented as the Recruitee team works very well and reacts very quickly to our requests and ideas.

Alan Joseph

A cloud-based applicant tracking and hiring platform.

Reviewed 2018-08-15

Pros
The application is very intuitive, user-friendly and easy to set up. It is very cost effective with respect to the features it provides. It helps to enable job promotions and source talent for your organization. You can create notes for your team. It enables to schedule interviews and tracks the activities of your team. They have a chrome extension that does job postings to several job websites. The application collaborates with both the hiring desk and the applicants and thereby you can schedule interviews with ease. Based on the number of vacancies available, you can adjust the hiring workflows. The customer service and support team are very quick in response and are available round the clock. Recruitee allows easy navigation.

Cons
There is no Linkedin integration and google calendar sync. It lacks advanced reporting features. The program does not implement Boolean searches.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10