VICIdial Reviews

VICIdial

Open source call center software with predictive dialer

4.71/5 (242 reviews)

Pros
  • The thing that makes Vicidial so amazing is that it is open source so you can make changes or have access to the database. And the constant adding of new features is amazing.Louis T.Read the full review
  • What i love about this Vicidial is that its free, which sometimes seems too good to be true. Scaling the deployments is far more easier than one can imagine.Muhammad A.Read the full review
  • As an open source tool that has a good community supporting it, it is a good tool to use, and be part of the team to suggest improvements, implement fixes and make it a more solid system.PHIL B.Read the full review
Cons
  • No sure if it was because of our network speed or if the program struggled to manage to many requests at once, but when toggling between different reporting functions delayed.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • Any complains I have are just nitpicking. That being said ,the design looks very outdated and the reports are very hard to understand.Kaloyan Z.Read the full review
  • The system has practically no adequate and well-developed community. In case of any problems or issues, the decision may be delayed for a long time.Anna M.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
John A Merritt

I still can't believe it's free!

Reviewed 2018-06-07

It allowed to make my calls with a predictive dialer with all the features you can imagine, eliminate my dependence on land lines, and have a system my agents could log in to locally or remotely.

Pros
First that you can download and install and use it completely 100% free, no strings attached. Second, it has every feature you could possibly imagine for dialing solution software and predictive dialers. Third, the reporting is all one 1 screen, there are many reports, inbound, outbound, carrier reports, etc. Fourth, they have a user forum where, and I kid you not, you can post a question or an issue you are having, and either a VICIdial expert or one of the other many experts on the forum will respond to your question usually within an hour or two, always that same day, and answer your question or help you work through your issue. Fifth, it's now the world's most popular dialing solution software, so you can find answers to about any question by just googling. Sixth, the hardware requirements are low. When I first installed VICIdial I used an old desktop and turned it into a VICIdial server. And seventh and maybe most importantly, VICIdial is constantly evolving. New revisions come out regularly, and new versions of the installer VICIbox are produced regularly, and they are new features constantly, and the program keeps getting better and better! In their next version of VICIbox they are offering a webrtc softphone built right into the program, so you won't need to download and configure softphones anymore. In summary, VICIdial is everything you always wanted in a predictive dialer or software dialing solution, and it is absolutely free of charge!

Cons
I installed VICIdial in March of 2017. It took me a weekend to set up campaigns, upload lists to call, configure a VoIP carrier, and put in the settings I needed for my campaigns. I installed on a Sunday afternoon and started dialing the next day on Monday morning at 9AM. And everything worked! Now it's June of 2018 and I've been using VICIdial for 1 year and 2 months. Although I got everything working the very first day, over time I have discovered the hundreds of features VICIdial offers and how to set them and configure them. The VICIdial system I use today is much different from the one I started with a year ago. Well the system is exactly the same, same operating system, same vicidial same asterisk, but I take advantage of many features now that I didn't even realize VICIdial had when I first installed it. If there is a con about using this software, and I do not believe there is, it would be VICIdial has so many features it takes a little time to learn all of them

Response from Vicidial Group

Thank you for the glowing review!

Rogger Faioli

a Swiss Army Knife for those who are creative enough to use it well

Reviewed 2020-04-22

At GOSAT we use VICIdial in our contact center for loan sales to a local bank in Brazil, where we integrate it 100% with the bank. We also use VICIdial on clients of different segments in the market: collection, petrol, school, health and etc ...

Pros
VICIdial is the most popular open-source Contact Center Solution in the world and it can become a Swiss Army Knife for those who grasp the infinite possibilities of this incredible system. We were able to meet all our needs and overcome all challenges using VICIdial.

Cons
I know that VICIdial is not for this purpose, what I miss is an integration in the AGC interface (Agent) with WhatsAPP and Facebook messanger. We do this today through other solutions, it would be perfect integrated with VICIdial.

Anonymous

ViciDial

Reviewed 2019-04-04

We are answering the calls efficiently and effectively. I am able to track agent performance at a high level to monitor performance and efficiency. I have great hope to read the manuals and learn what else I can do with Vici.

Pros
Vici is easy to use and contains a significant amount of reporting to track agent efficiency.

Cons
The interface is outdated and could use a cosmetic overhaul. some of the reporting is inconsistent. The way abandonment is calculated in the real time main report is by taking dropped calls and dividing it into calls answered. Under inbound daily report it calculates the abandonment correctly by taking dropped calls and dividing it into calls offered. Lacks some of the modern features available in other phone software: After Call Survey, Track short abandoned calls, Forced call backs, Scheduled reporting. In the IVR we can only offer our customers to leave a voicemail with a window prompt instead of allowing them to press a number at any time to leave a vm.

Response from Vicidial Group

As for the inbound drop-rate, there are configuration changes you can make to have the Real-Time report use all-calls to calculate the drop percentage. The default behavior is to use Answered calls because the vast majority of VICIdial clients use outbound, and taking dropped calls out of Answered calls is a regulatory requirement in most countries.
Also, After-Call-Surveys and Force-Scheduled-Callbacks are available as standard features in VICIdial.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Greg Parris

Great product, great performance, and great flexibility

Reviewed 2020-04-20

I absolutely love VICIdial, I won't use any other dialer at all

Pros
The amount of customization that. you can do, and the sheer power of the dialing platform

Cons
It's got quite a learning curve for people to get proficient with it initially. Although once you've mastered the interface and the concepts behind the dialer, it's amazing.

Amy Shannon

Love ViciDial

Reviewed 2020-04-20

Experience has been quite good

Pros
ViciDial provided for us, the flexibility to house as many users as we needed by paying per server as opposed to having to pay "per user" -- Also, the ability to have one "set" of caller IDs that I can easily switch out as needed, has been a God-send. Our other service allowed us only one caller ID or, if they allowed others, it was a big technical issue to implement with new costs. ViciDial seems to have everything we need, because if ever need it to do something, we look in the manual and it's THERE -- the functionality is endless..

Cons
So much to learn, that it can be daunting, yet the same fact is why we love the system as well... If there was a streamlined training scenario, that would be great....

Andrei Miron

Vicidial Suite for Support Centers

Reviewed 2020-04-23

We are an outsourcing company and we are using Vicidial as our main core business system.

Pros
The most important feature I liked was the easy way to scale up. After the initial investment it is very cheap and efficient to expand the system for more users. Being open-source it is very easy to change it and adapt to the specific customer needs. For example when Germany changed their requirements for premium rate numbers it took us couple of days in order to be compliant.

Cons
The fact that doesn't have a clear release path. It is just the SVN without any clear stable releases.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Vaughn Smith

Best dialer software on the market

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2020-04-20

This is overall the best dialer software on the market , we were about to try Five9, but when we compared them . We had to go with Vicidial. For its easy of use and it comes with all the the feature we were looking for.

Pros
The agent portal , it ease of use . the gui for admin on the software, is easy to get around and make changes when needed. I also love the Live real time view to see how the agents are doing.

Cons
Too many features to learn, this software is loaded, so it will take you a while if you want to learn and try all the features.

PHILIP ROESEL

Great product!

Reviewed 2020-04-20

Killer product. Great managers manual, great forum info.

Pros
so many features! a lot to learn, but it does anything you might ask for. Can change settings to literally make it do just about anything you want it to do.

Cons
The features are awesome. I can't say that there is anything that I don't like about the software. If you are the install person and setting up from scratch, there's a lot to personalize, but it just takes time and gets easier over time.

Camilo Gonzalez

My appreciation of Vicidial

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2020-04-20

We are not a company that provides callcenter services regularly (sometimes we do some interim campaign), however we advise end customers who want to implement callcenter platforms and that's where we benefit from VICIdial

Pros
It's very powerful and it's a great alternative to licensed software. I think it's the best free call center software on the market and this has benefited a lot of people in the world. I think [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has directly or indirectly helped a lot of people so they can get their financial livelihoods.

Cons
I think it's a bit stiff and its graphical interface isn't the friendliest or prettiest in the world. Also I think a lack of training in languages other than English. I also believe that training should be done in countries other than the United States as new immigration policies prevent them from easily obtaining a visa to enter the U.S.

Jere Monda

VICIdial Review

Reviewed 2020-05-15

We have downsized considerably over the past few years, at one time we had close to 20 servers, all managed internally. VICIdial answers their phones, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are the best assisting when I have build issues and escalation to engineers [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is always seamless.

Pros
We have been using VICIdial for many years. Vici service support and engineers are always accessible to solve issues, the program is solid, build the campaigns and let it dial.

Cons
Anytime we have had any issues they have always been resolved in a timely manner.

Elvyn Ventura Sosa

Vicidial, is a great tools for all Call Center that need to have High Level Customer Experience .

Reviewed 2018-04-28

- Stability -Scalability -Modular Deployment -Low Cost - Redundancy - Recovery Disaster - Integration with othe PBX Platform -Recording -Monitoring -Reports -IVR's solution Integration -Survey -Security

Pros
Well, I like features:Load Balancing of call between multiple inbound or outbound Asterisk servers. So good for performance optimization. Set outbound CallerID per campaign or per list. Start and stop recording an agent's calls( Scripts), and Full Recoding too. Phone login balancing and fail over across multiple vicidial servers, great!!, is a redundancy option, very important. You can be logged from anywhere. Faster hangup -Hot Key,etc. I am an Voip Telephony Integrator, and in this Vicidial is Flexible and Stable. Vicidial is my firts option when i have to deployment call center solution. I like other one thing, the opertating system platform ( OpenSuse Leap ) because Vicidial working great with it.

Cons
A few points, firts one, DISPO SCREEN, PAUSE SCREEN, You know, I think, GUI can be better . Other one, according my knowledge Vicidial do not show PSTN setting template for T1's, E1 or J1, this for company that until today has this type of Telecommunications resources for dialing and customer service. I think, Vicidial Team assume that an Asterisk PBX admin know that Or Call Center Industry is SIP Trunk oriented and legacy pbx will be unavailable a few year or right now. Other one, is about language, translate for Spanish is not so good. but I admit is easy to set.

Burk Morrison

The Future of the Call Center Industry

Reviewed 2017-03-16

VICIdial has, over years of constant and thoughtful development, established itself as the Microsoft Office equivalent of call centers. I see it everywhere. A quick overview: VICIdial lives on a server, and is displayed to your sales agents via their web browser. They run a small (usually free) soft phone on their computer with a headset, and when they log in to VICIdial, their soft phone rings, they answer the call, and begin their work. A bit more detail: Because the software suite is open source and free for anyone to download, use, and modify, I've seen (and personally created) customized solutions that do everything from accept orders from a 3-rd party sales website to literally delivering room service orders using robots (really!). VICIdial scales from single servers with small call teams, to clusters of dozens of servers and hundreds of agents. If you're paying for a proprietary solution, you're probably doing it wrong. I get calls from call center owners looking to switch to VICIdial constantly. Do yourself a favor and take a hard look at the VICIdial Call Center Suite.

Pros
VICIdial is free, open-source, and regularly updated by a dedicated core team of experienced software developers. It works very well, and when properly configured is extremely reliable and robust business software.

Cons
VICIdial has been in development for many years, adding many (many!) features which can overwhelm call center managers new to VICIdial.

William Conley

The Only OpenSource Dialer that works and is well supported. Saved so much money!

Reviewed 2016-06-15

We had a proprietary (dialogic based) PBX called Televantage and the Owner did not want to renew that (very expensive) lease. Although Televantage had an add-on for "dialer", the entire system was seriously expensive. Vicidial does not require proprietary hardware, although it is based on Asterisk and will use any compatible VOIP hardware. It is capable of running a small one or two person operation, mid-range 25-50 person Call Centers ... and ultimately can be "clustered" to manage virtually unlimited users. Although we've never gone over 150. LOL

Pros
Free. Easy to install with an .iso installer. Powerful. Expandable. Ongoing development. php/MySQL based so it can be integrated with almost anything. Easily transferred from server to server with a database backup/restore, an update script and possibly a couple configuration file changes.

Cons
Too Complex for some users (like Chess, it CAN be played by simple rules, but when you're in competition those rules suddenly don't seem so simple, LOL). Not pretty. The interface is only for employees, but it has so many layers that upgrading the visual interface is ... unlikely. Will not run in a virtualized environment for more than 1 or 2 users, you can only use Virtualization for testing/development purposes.

Dennis Spaan

Been using Vicidial for 8 years now

Reviewed 2017-03-15

I'm a very active vicidial user and have multiple servers and we have dialed millions of numbers over the years. All our projects are in The Netherlands. ViCidial is hard to learn but once you have it under control it's an enterprise class solution. It's a great outbound and inbound tool and very scalable. The system is very stable, i've never had a single minute of downtime because of the design of the platform. It's also virtually maintenance free. In some regards ViCidial is still missing some things. For instance the ability to build your own reports and export templates and the possiblity to do skip logic surveys. The agent GUI looks old fashioned but this is not really important for the agents but this would make it much more attractive to a broader audience. Finally an integration (lead loading, call logs, click to dial, etc.) with SuiteCRM would be very welcome. However you can integrate with any CRM if it allows an URL to view a lead, you can set this up in a few minutes! Recently automated reports was added, a great feature to get daily reports via e-mail. If you make a comparison with other dialers i'm pretty sure Vicidial outmatches every system out there when you look at the amount of features.

Pros
Stable, scalable, open source, many features

Cons
Agent GUI, not able to build custom reports via interface (you can design your own if you know how to code since it's open source), no export templates, no surveys.

Panagiotis Bekiaris

An exceptional money making piece of Open source software.

Reviewed 2019-04-04

II have tried a lot of open source software over the 15 years of my professional career. One reason or another I had to stop working with most of them. This is not the case with Vici. Since I tried for the first time I fall in love with it and 10 years down the line I have quit every other dialer that I was working with and I dedicated myself to it. I feel that my time is well spent and has never failed to surprise me with capabilities that even extremely expensive dialers had let me down in the past.

Pros
Capabilities and features -flexibility. When a customer is asking me for a weird something I taught myself to say: I will have a look and let you know. No matter how weird peculiar complex or out of the box is what you have been asked there are chances that Vici can do it just by playing around with parameters and menus and not writing even one line of code. The community is extremely helpful and encouraging.

Cons
I have to admit that the learning curve for the administrator and integrator is steep and needs a lot of time and trial and error to configure the first installation. It is not so bad once you get the grasp of the software and understand where you are looking. The menus are intimidating. I felt the same only when I tried Blender for the first time.

Shariq Khan

Best Open Source Turn key Call Center Solution

Reviewed 2018-04-29

I googled this product in 2007 and from that day i have defined my field line to Call center and VoIP. I gained too much knowledge in Linux environment and voip for call center because of the vicidial. I have deployed vicidial in all of my jobs for call center purpose. In short if anyone ask for the call center solution then my straight answer is Go with ViciDial.

Pros
Vicidial is the one and only comprehensive open source call center solution that has all built in features according to the user requirements. And because of its open source solution can be customized easily. Very reliable and robust product. One of the major advantage is its scalability. No license limitations. Integration with user applications is very easy. In short what a user can think about any feature, it's built in available.

Cons
The GUI of agent is very bad. It has all the features but front end is not what according to the current market trend. Color scheme also very old style. And the detailed reports never matched with others. I can understand that reports shows from different tables but user want simple report with the matched statistics. I always face time (logging and call duration) difference in reports as well as the disposition statistics difference.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Orvil Juarez

The Best Solution for Call Centers.

Reviewed 2017-03-21

We have been installing VICIdial in Contact Centers since 2008, all the companies are very satisfied with the easy of use of VICIdial once it is running. For an accurate installation from scratch you needs some basic skills of Linux, Asterisk and MySQL or request to the VICIdial Group for an installation. If you really want to get the most of your VICIdial it is mandatory to read and understand of the Manager Manual, once you read it your eyes will open because this manual has examples of each kind of campaign you can setup in the software in an easy way(Inbound, Outbound, Blended, Broadcast and Predictive Dialing). VICIdial has the most complete functions we can expect in a Contact Center software, it can use legacy TELCO analog lines of SIP/IAX trunks, E1, T1 and use IP Phones or SIP/IAX Softphones so you have many options to start using it.

Pros
Because it is based on Asterisk you can use your legacy TELCO analog lines, SIP Trunks, E1's, T1's. You can use your legacy analog phones just using a VoIP Gateway. In constant development of new features.

Cons
It may be is not a real cons because you should do this for all the software, but especially with VICIdial If you don't read and understand the Manager Manual you will take more time to start using the software with all the capabilities

Miguel Licero

A great tool for lead generation campaigns

Reviewed 2017-03-16

For the last few years we've been supporting ViciDial installation for the telemarketing and call center industries. Our company provides dedicated servers in the cloud and the actual SIP trunking for inbound or outbound calls and somehow we ended up involved with supporting ViciDial for our customers. Among a variety of tools out here we found that ViciDial enables telemarketers to run 'Press 1 campaigns' or 'Voice broadcasts campaigns' with professionalism. In those markets wanting to avoid a "per agent" cost ViciDial is a great tool. A typical customer of ours makes 200,000 calls a day in average to get new prospects and eventually close more deals. I'd say without ViciDial this task would be very demanding . And thanks to our CRM integration agents become more effective and efficient.

Pros
It's powerful. It can be tweaked in many ways in order to enhance performance. If you are looking to avoid per-agent/per-seat costs or software licensing this is a good way to go.

Cons
If you are not familiar with Linux, Asterisk, SIP, VoIP Security and MySQL it may get you into frustration.

Anonymous

Very stable and active platform

Reviewed 2018-04-30

Pros
Stable: I've been a VICIdial admin for a seven server cluster for about four years now. Hopefully I didn't jinx myself - but zero days of down time in that entire time frame. If I had to sum up ANY downtime in hours, I'd ballpark less than 30 MINUTES per month TOTAL (95% floor manager/agent) errors (SQL typo, running lists empty, bad listmix status choice). This is a small operation, 20-40 agents, blend of inbound/outbound, 150,000 calls/day, running 5-6 days per week, 8hrs per day.

Cons
I've had to think on this section for quite a while. Very hard to fault a free and open platform, what can you expect for free?? If you're willing to sit down, read and learn, it's a great platform, community and product. Maybe the paid manuals could be updated more frequently - even a stretch to be a con... It would be nice if there was a newbie section for an admin with no *nix skillset, trying to think of what would make starting out a little easier for some. Then again, if you can't google and figure out 98% of the stuff yourself, probably chose the wrong job.

Muhammad Adnan

Why would someone still buy paid call center applications?

Reviewed 2018-12-20

We have deployed 4 call center one of which is serving 400 agents. I have had experience with some closed source application before i used vicidial for the first time. i was a little skeptical before i switched to vicidial but now we recommend every one to use vicidial instead of pricy applications. we never faced reliability and stability issues which some people mentioned in their reviews. We are happy to recommend it to customers and provide them support and building new featutres

Pros
What i love about this Vicidial is that its free, which sometimes seems too good to be true. Scaling the deployments is far more easier than one can imagine. I have installed three different call centers in inbound and blended configuration. The flexibility to develope custom features is just matchless. "No vendor lock in" is one of the biggest reasons i would prefer this application over any other paid application. i had read some review where people woul put a server reboot overnight to gain stability, however i have an installation of a cluster of 4 servers which has not been rebooted since once year now. Its free, stable, reliable and flexible to build new features.

Cons
We had customisations which made updates tricky. I would also like to see a better agent screen.

Fred Chua

This product has been the best product for value that we've ever used given its flexibility and cost

Reviewed 2018-04-30

Cost savings is the primary benefit, together with flexibility of the platform.

Pros
Naturally, it's open source which is the main appeal of the software, but, also despite limited support, it is extremely flexible based on the needs of majority of our clients.

Cons
Naturally, unlike some paid call center platforms, it doesn't have unified messaging capabilities. Also, it doesn't allow flexibility to enable our clients to remote monitor our agents given that, per server it doesn't segregate accounts, so, its clients who are given remote access will see our other accounts, if there are several small accounts on the vicidial server

Response from Vicidial Group

VICidial does offer Inbound Email handling and Website Customer Chat support blended into the same interface that allows agents to handle inbound and outbound phone calls. We have several clients that use the Email support as a way of handling Faxes and SMS messages as well.

As for segregated accounts, that is the whole reason we added User Group segmentation several years ago, to allow groups of users to only see what you want them to see.

If you have questions about either of these, please feel free to contact us or post to our User Forums.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Christian Cabrera

The best open source callcenter software you can find

Reviewed 2019-04-05

By using Vicidial we have been able to reach clients which were prohibited by the costs of propietary software. We have grown as a company and learned how to integrate this marvelous piece of software with quite some other systems. We provide support for Vicidial 24/7, and have thousands of agent seats running realiably with Vicidial.

Pros
Vicidial has a complete set of features which allow you to turn inexpensive hardware into a fully fledged callcenter solution. Its features comprehend all of those propietary software, such as call recording, full reporting, outbound and inbound dialing, load balancing multiple servers, and so much more. Plus, it's open source, so that allows you to customize it or tweak it to fit your needs. There's nothing that can't be accomplished by that.

Cons
The software is so powerful it can overwhelm the regular user with so much possible configurations available, thus dificulting the setup. Also, it's main user interface age starts to show: the design is not contemporary, and it doesn't look the prettiest. However, it still gets the work done.

Jose Capurro

Reliable, scalable, open source and packed with features for almost any use case scenario.

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-05-12

Pros
You can scale it in a pinch, if needed, and can integrate it with any external systems via its HTTP API. It has a rich variety of features, making it suitable for use in any type of call centres, being those inbound or outbound. It has all the required reports needed to successfuly run a call centre operation. It has a very detailed documentation for managers and agents. They offer a free and paid version of their manuals, the difference being the paid version having color and helpful images. It allows call centre managers to have a high grade of control over the agents, monitoring their activity since the time they log in until the end of the day. It is based on known technologies (LAMP, Asterisk), so it is fully customizable according to the customer needs. The community is vibrant, active and helpful. If you find an issue, is guaranteed the forum will have the answer. Also, the main developers are reachable in case you have a more specific need or want to pay for a feature to be implemented. For critical call centre services, it is very easy to integrate it with existing High Availability solutions (HAProxy). They have clear guidelines respecting the hardware needed to implement the solution. And please, before doing anything, read the manual.

Cons
Some parts of the system (the agent interface, specifically) are very difficult to customize, by its nature (lot of AJAX, HTML/Javascript/CSS/PHP in one big file). Although helpful, the presentation of almost all reports are a bit crude, being in raw text format (but the developers are rapidly enhancing those).

Hersh Barazi

Vicidial in the Call Center World

Reviewed 2019-04-03

I love Vicidial, I have been in the call center industry for over 18 years and have used almost every software platform out there. My frustration of always having to depend on someone to resolve issues within a software resulted in taking action by installing, setting up, and implementing the software personally with the help of the online resources and vicidial manuals. My tech experience was nothing above normal and surprisingly enough I was able to install and setup the system personally without the need to involve someone else. Honestly I continue to test and try other platforms and end up always going back to Vicidial.

Pros
The ability to scale the software so easily is a great plus. Vicidial ability to mold to any industry due to the large amount of features it offers...it truly can be a all-in-one software where it solves the need to have multiple platforms to manage information and process in day to day activity. Finally, open source is awesome!

Cons
Visually it needs work, the software feel can come off as old and tired...but it makes up for it with function.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Troy Dixon

Call Center Software That Simply Can't Be Beat!

Reviewed 2017-03-16

We have been implementing Vicidial in our clients environment for the past 10+ years and have always been amazed at how customizable it is as well as how easily it scales. It has grown into an enterprise grade product with all of the features you can imagine. Couple this with a great CRM system and you have everything you'll need and much more to manage your call center. Due to its customization and feature set, its not for the faint of heart, but with the team of experts supporting the product you will find that there is nothing else that even comes close to its value and stability.

Pros
It does everything you can imagine and is very extensible and coder friendly.

Cons
No real cons for me but newer users may feel a bit overwhelmed with the settings so maybe a wizard interface or something to hide advanced settings so that setup can be quicker and easier to understand. At the end of the day, if you read the manuals, you will be on your way to a working system in no time.