All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

VICIdial

Open source call center software with predictive dialer

visit website

VICIdial Reviews

Pros

The thing that makes Vicidial so amazing is that it is open source so you can make changes or have access to the database. And the constant adding of new features is amazing.

Louis T.

Read the full review
I love how easy it is to handle, the exceptional support provided by the vicidial team. They are like a big family they are always there for you.

Ignacio G.

Muhammad A.

Read the full review

Cons

No sure if it was because of our network speed or if the program struggled to manage to many requests at once, but when toggling between different reporting functions delayed.

Read the full review
Any complains I have are just nitpicking. That being said ,the design looks very outdated and the reports are very hard to understand.

Kaloyan Z.

Read the full review
The system has practically no adequate and well-developed community. In case of any problems or issues, the decision may be delayed for a long time.

Anna M.

Great product, great performance, and great flexibility

I still can't believe it's free!

It allowed to make my calls with a predictive dialer with all the features you can imagine, eliminate my dependence on land lines, and have a system my agents could log in to locally or remotely.

Pros

First that you can download and install and use it completely 100% free, no strings attached. Second, it has every feature you could possibly imagine for dialing solution software and predictive dialers. Third, the reporting is all one 1 screen, there are many reports, inbound, outbound, carrier reports, etc. Fourth, they have a user forum where, and I kid you not, you can post a question or an issue...

Cons

I installed VICIdial in March of 2017. It took me a weekend to set up campaigns, upload lists to call, configure a VoIP carrier, and put in the settings I needed for my campaigns. I installed on a Sunday afternoon and started dialing the next day on Monday morning at 9AM. And everything worked! Now it's June of 2018 and I've been using VICIdial for 1 year and 2 months. Although I got everything working...

Thank you for the glowing review!

a Swiss Army Knife for those who are creative enough to use it well

At GOSAT we use VICIdial in our contact center for loan sales to a local bank in Brazil, where we integrate it 100% with the bank. We also use VICIdial on clients of different segments in the market: collection, petrol, school, health and etc ...

Pros

VICIdial is the most popular open-source Contact Center Solution in the world and it can become a Swiss Army Knife for those who grasp the infinite possibilities of this incredible system. We were able to meet all our needs and overcome all challenges using VICIdial.

Cons

I know that VICIdial is not for this purpose, what I miss is an integration in the AGC interface (Agent) with WhatsAPP and Facebook messanger. We do this today through other solutions, it would be perfect integrated with VICIdial.

Brings so much order to our dialing campaigns

Has been the most cost-efficient way to manage our call list that we have found .

Pros

The lack of cost involved is definitely the biggest pull to VICIdial . You can customize it to meet your needs and create different dialing categories . The ability to record and playback calls has made our training process a lot more efficient .

Cons

The interface has an outdated look to it and can be hard to navigate .Especially until you get used to it .And the setup takes a long time .

ViciDial

We are answering the calls efficiently and effectively. I am able to track agent performance at a high level to monitor performance and efficiency. I have great hope to read the manuals and learn what else I can do with Vici.

Pros

Vici is easy to use and contains a significant amount of reporting to track agent efficiency.

Cons

The interface is outdated and could use a cosmetic overhaul. some of the reporting is inconsistent. The way abandonment is calculated in the real time main report is by taking dropped calls and dividing it into calls answered. Under inbound daily report it calculates the abandonment correctly by taking dropped calls and dividing it into calls offered. Lacks some of the modern features available in other phone software: After Call Survey, Track short abandoned calls, Forced call backs, Scheduled reporting. In the IVR we can only offer our customers to leave a voicemail with a window prompt instead of allowing them to press a number at any time to leave a vm.

As for the inbound drop-rate, there are configuration changes you can make to have the Real-Time report use all-calls to calculate the drop percentage. The default behavior is to use Answered calls because the vast majority of VICIdial clients use outbound, and taking dropped calls out of Answered calls is a regulatory requirement in most countries. Also, After-Call-Surveys and Force-Scheduled-Callbacks are available as standard features in VICIdial.

Great product, great performance, and great flexibility

I absolutely love VICIdial, I won't use any other dialer at all

Pros

The amount of customization that. you can do, and the sheer power of the dialing platform

Cons

It's got quite a learning curve for people to get proficient with it initially. Although once you've mastered the interface and the concepts behind the dialer, it's amazing.

An exceptional money making piece of Open source software.

II have tried a lot of open source software over the 15 years of my professional career. One reason or another I had to stop working with most of them. This is not the case with Vici. Since I tried for the first time I fall in love with it and 10 years down the line I have quit every other dialer that I was working with and I dedicated myself to it. I feel that my time is well spent and has never failed to surprise me with capabilities that even extremely expensive dialers had let me down in the past.

Pros

Capabilities and features -flexibility. When a customer is asking me for a weird something I taught myself to say: I will have a look and let you know. No matter how weird peculiar complex or out of the box is what you have been asked there are chances that Vici can do it just by playing around with parameters and menus and not writing even one line of code. The community is extremely helpful and encouraging.

Cons

I have to admit that the learning curve for the administrator and integrator is steep and needs a lot of time and trial and error to configure the first installation. It is not so bad once you get the grasp of the software and understand where you are looking. The menus are intimidating. I felt the same only when I tried Blender for the first time.

Why would someone still buy paid call center applications?

We have deployed 4 call center one of which is serving 400 agents. I have had experience with some closed source application before i used vicidial for the first time. i was a little skeptical before i switched to vicidial but now we recommend every one to use vicidial instead of pricy applications. we never faced reliability and stability issues which some people mentioned in their reviews. We are happy to recommend it to customers and provide them support and building new featutres

Pros

What i love about this Vicidial is that its free, which sometimes seems too good to be true. Scaling the deployments is far more easier than one can imagine. I have installed three different call centers in inbound and blended configuration. The flexibility to develope custom features is just matchless. "No vendor lock in" is one of the biggest reasons i would prefer this application over any other paid application. i had read some review where people woul put a server reboot overnight to gain stability, however i have an installation of a cluster of 4 servers which has not been rebooted since once year now. Its free, stable, reliable and flexible to build new features.

Cons

We had customisations which made updates tricky. I would also like to see a better agent screen.

It's Great for a Starter Dialer, if you are making only outbound autodial calls

It did just what it was supposed to do, and not too much over that. Not much customization, very, very basic dialer platform. But it was okay for just starting out. You can spend as much or as little as you want on the budget, as you pay per minutes.

Pros

I've used this software with a few different businesses that I have worked for, it is great for a starter dialer, cheap to set up, and very basic. It gets the job done for an outbound autodialer. Loading lead lists was easy as well.

Cons

It can get expensive, as you pay for minutes. Customer support is pretty much non-existent. Overall, great for a start-up but not something you would want to use long term.

We certainly do offer full customer support if you are interested. Also, the VICIdial software offers full inbound call, chat and email support as a part of it's agent screen functions, in addition to outbound manual and auto-dialing. There are over 2000 features and settings included.

Great features and adaptability make this a powerful dialer.

We achieved cost savings, system stability and better efficiency. These aspect obviously led to better profits. Better profits allowed us to hire a developer that helped us build a BI system (directly from the Vicidial database) that helps us analyze performance and identify trends.

Pros

We run all manner of campaigns from Vicidial; sales, lead generation, support, data capture, etc. And Vicidial handles all the variables we've thrown at it, with aplomb. Using the group and user management, it's easy to ring fence and manage campaigns. Help is right there; alongside just about every setting is a link directly to the help section of that setting.

Cons

The user interface could do with a bit of work, could really be a bit more customisable, specifically the agent portal. The campaign management section could be broken down into labeled sections to make the vast array of settings easier to find.

So easy a child could do it.

Answering calls. Organizing your calls and placing them where they go.

Pros

It has a limited number of functions so its not complicated. Quick to install and quick to learn.

Cons

I have nothing bad to day about this product. I love it.

Vicidial, is a great tools for all Call Center that need to have High Level Customer Experience .

- Stability -Scalability -Modular Deployment -Low Cost - Redundancy - Recovery Disaster - Integration with othe PBX Platform -Recording -Monitoring -Reports -IVR's solution Integration -Survey -Security

Pros

Well, I like features:Load Balancing of call between multiple inbound or outbound Asterisk servers. So good for performance optimization. Set outbound CallerID per campaign or per list. Start and stop recording an agent's calls( Scripts), and Full Recoding too. Phone login balancing and fail over across multiple vicidial servers, great!!, is a redundancy option, very important. You can be logged from anywhere. Faster hangup -Hot Key,etc. I am an Voip Telephony Integrator, and in this Vicidial is Flexible and Stable. Vicidial is my firts option when i have to deployment call center solution. I like other one thing, the opertating system platform ( OpenSuse Leap ) because Vicidial working great with it.

Cons

A few points, firts one, DISPO SCREEN, PAUSE SCREEN, You know, I think, GUI can be better . Other one, according my knowledge Vicidial do not show PSTN setting template for T1's, E1 or J1, this for company that until today has this type of Telecommunications resources for dialing and customer service. I think, Vicidial Team assume that an Asterisk PBX admin know that Or Call Center Industry is SIP Trunk oriented and legacy pbx will be unavailable a few year or right now. Other one, is about language, translate for Spanish is not so good. but I admit is easy to set.

The Future of the Call Center Industry

VICIdial has, over years of constant and thoughtful development, established itself as the Microsoft Office equivalent of call centers. I see it everywhere. A quick overview: VICIdial lives on a server, and is displayed to your sales agents via their web browser. They run a small (usually free) soft phone on their computer with a headset, and when they log in to VICIdial, their soft phone rings,...

Pros

VICIdial is free, open-source, and regularly updated by a dedicated core team of experienced software developers. It works very well, and when properly configured is extremely reliable and robust business software.

Cons

VICIdial has been in development for many years, adding many (many!) features which can overwhelm call center managers new to VICIdial.

The Only OpenSource Dialer that works and is well supported. Saved so much money!

We had a proprietary (dialogic based) PBX called Televantage and the Owner did not want to renew that (very expensive) lease. Although Televantage had an add-on for "dialer", the entire system was seriously expensive. Vicidial does not require proprietary hardware, although it is based on Asterisk and will use any compatible VOIP hardware. It is capable of running a small one or two person operation, mid-range 25-50 person Call Centers ... and ultimately can be "clustered" to manage virtually unlimited users. Although we've never gone over 150. LOL

Pros

Free. Easy to install with an .iso installer. Powerful. Expandable. Ongoing development. php/MySQL based so it can be integrated with almost anything. Easily transferred from server to server with a database backup/restore, an update script and possibly a couple configuration file changes.

Cons

Too Complex for some users (like Chess, it CAN be played by simple rules, but when you're in competition those rules suddenly don't seem so simple, LOL). Not pretty. The interface is only for employees, but it has so many layers that upgrading the visual interface is ... unlikely. Will not run in a virtualized environment for more than 1 or 2 users, you can only use Virtualization for testing/development purposes.

Been using Vicidial for 8 years now

I'm a very active vicidial user and have multiple servers and we have dialed millions of numbers over the years. All our projects are in The Netherlands. ViCidial is hard to learn but once you have it under control it's an enterprise class solution. It's a great outbound and inbound tool and very scalable. The system is very stable, i've never had a single minute of downtime because of the design...

Pros

Stable, scalable, open source, many features

Cons

Agent GUI, not able to build custom reports via interface (you can design your own if you know how to code since it's open source), no export templates, no surveys.

Best Open Source Turn key Call Center Solution

I googled this product in 2007 and from that day i have defined my field line to Call center and VoIP. I gained too much knowledge in Linux environment and voip for call center because of the vicidial. I have deployed vicidial in all of my jobs for call center purpose. In short if anyone ask for the call center solution then my straight answer is Go with ViciDial.

Pros

Vicidial is the one and only comprehensive open source call center solution that has all built in features according to the user requirements. And because of its open source solution can be customized easily. Very reliable and robust product. One of the major advantage is its scalability. No license limitations. Integration with user applications is very easy. In short what a user can think about any feature, it's built in available.

Cons

The GUI of agent is very bad. It has all the features but front end is not what according to the current market trend. Color scheme also very old style. And the detailed reports never matched with others. I can understand that reports shows from different tables but user want simple report with the matched statistics. I always face time (logging and call duration) difference in reports as well as the disposition statistics difference.

The Best Solution for Call Centers.

We have been installing VICIdial in Contact Centers since 2008, all the companies are very satisfied with the easy of use of VICIdial once it is running. For an accurate installation from scratch you needs some basic skills of Linux, Asterisk and MySQL or request to the VICIdial Group for an installation. If you really want to get the most of your VICIdial it is mandatory to read and understand of...

Pros

Because it is based on Asterisk you can use your legacy TELCO analog lines, SIP Trunks, E1's, T1's. You can use your legacy analog phones just using a VoIP Gateway. In constant development of new features.

Cons

It may be is not a real cons because you should do this for all the software, but especially with VICIdial If you don't read and understand the Manager Manual you will take more time to start using the software with all the capabilities

A great tool for lead generation campaigns

For the last few years we've been supporting ViciDial installation for the telemarketing and call center industries. Our company provides dedicated servers in the cloud and the actual SIP trunking for inbound or outbound calls and somehow we ended up involved with supporting ViciDial for our customers. Among a variety of tools out here we found that ViciDial enables telemarketers to run 'Press...

Pros

It's powerful. It can be tweaked in many ways in order to enhance performance. If you are looking to avoid per-agent/per-seat costs or software licensing this is a good way to go.

Cons

If you are not familiar with Linux, Asterisk, SIP, VoIP Security and MySQL it may get you into frustration.

Very stable and active platform

Pros

Stable: I've been a VICIdial admin for a seven server cluster for about four years now. Hopefully I didn't jinx myself - but zero days of down time in that entire time frame. If I had to sum up ANY downtime in hours, I'd ballpark less than 30 MINUTES per month TOTAL (95% floor manager/agent) errors (SQL typo, running lists empty, bad listmix status choice). This is a small operation, 20-40 agents, blend of inbound/outbound, 150,000 calls/day, running 5-6 days per week, 8hrs per day.

Cons

I've had to think on this section for quite a while. Very hard to fault a free and open platform, what can you expect for free?? If you're willing to sit down, read and learn, it's a great platform, community and product. Maybe the paid manuals could be updated more frequently - even a stretch to be a con... It would be nice if there was a newbie section for an admin with no *nix skillset, trying to think of what would make starting out a little easier for some. Then again, if you can't google and figure out 98% of the stuff yourself, probably chose the wrong job.

This product has been the best product for value that we've ever used given its flexibility and cost

Cost savings is the primary benefit, together with flexibility of the platform.

Pros

Naturally, it's open source which is the main appeal of the software, but, also despite limited support, it is extremely flexible based on the needs of majority of our clients.

Cons

Naturally, unlike some paid call center platforms, it doesn't have unified messaging capabilities. Also, it doesn't allow flexibility to enable our clients to remote monitor our agents given that, per server it doesn't segregate accounts, so, its clients who are given remote access will see our other accounts, if there are several small accounts on the vicidial server

VICidial does offer Inbound Email handling and Website Customer Chat support blended into the same interface that allows agents to handle inbound and outbound phone calls. We have several clients that use the Email support as a way of handling Faxes and SMS messages as well. As for segregated accounts, that is the whole reason we added User Group segmentation several years ago, to allow groups of users to only see what you want them to see. If you have questions about either of these, please feel free to contact us or post to our User Forums.

The best open source callcenter software you can find

By using Vicidial we have been able to reach clients which were prohibited by the costs of propietary software. We have grown as a company and learned how to integrate this marvelous piece of software with quite some other systems. We provide support for Vicidial 24/7, and have thousands of agent seats running realiably with Vicidial.

Pros

Vicidial has a complete set of features which allow you to turn inexpensive hardware into a fully fledged callcenter solution. Its features comprehend all of those propietary software, such as call recording, full reporting, outbound and inbound dialing, load balancing multiple servers, and so much more. Plus, it's open source, so that allows you to customize it or tweak it to fit your needs. There's nothing that can't be accomplished by that.

Cons

The software is so powerful it can overwhelm the regular user with so much possible configurations available, thus dificulting the setup. Also, it's main user interface age starts to show: the design is not contemporary, and it doesn't look the prettiest. However, it still gets the work done.

Reliable, scalable, open source and packed with features for almost any use case scenario.

Pros

You can scale it in a pinch, if needed, and can integrate it with any external systems via its HTTP API. It has a rich variety of features, making it suitable for use in any type of call centres, being those inbound or outbound. It has all the required reports needed to successfuly run a call centre operation. It has a very detailed documentation for managers and agents. They offer a free...

Cons

Some parts of the system (the agent interface, specifically) are very difficult to customize, by its nature (lot of AJAX, HTML/Javascript/CSS/PHP in one big file). Although helpful, the presentation of almost all reports are a bit crude, being in raw text format (but the developers are rapidly enhancing those).

Vicidial in the Call Center World

I love Vicidial, I have been in the call center industry for over 18 years and have used almost every software platform out there. My frustration of always having to depend on someone to resolve issues within a software resulted in taking action by installing, setting up, and implementing the software personally with the help of the online resources and vicidial manuals. My tech experience was nothing above normal and surprisingly enough I was able to install and setup the system personally without the need to involve someone else. Honestly I continue to test and try other platforms and end up always going back to Vicidial.

Pros

The ability to scale the software so easily is a great plus. Vicidial ability to mold to any industry due to the large amount of features it offers...it truly can be a all-in-one software where it solves the need to have multiple platforms to manage information and process in day to day activity. Finally, open source is awesome!

Cons

Visually it needs work, the software feel can come off as old and tired...but it makes up for it with function.

Call Center Software That Simply Can't Be Beat!

We have been implementing Vicidial in our clients environment for the past 10+ years and have always been amazed at how customizable it is as well as how easily it scales. It has grown into an enterprise grade product with all of the features you can imagine. Couple this with a great CRM system and you have everything you'll need and much more to manage your call center. Due to its customization and feature set, its not for the faint of heart, but with the team of experts supporting the product you will find that there is nothing else that even comes close to its value and stability.

Pros

It does everything you can imagine and is very extensible and coder friendly.

Cons

No real cons for me but newer users may feel a bit overwhelmed with the settings so maybe a wizard interface or something to hide advanced settings so that setup can be quicker and easier to understand. At the end of the day, if you read the manuals, you will be on your way to a working system in no time.

The dialer is a beast!

Overall, vicidial is a platform for you if you want to build a straightforward campaign or detail designed campaign. Over the years I have been through a number of different platforms and to have the support, robust tools the platform offers and the ability to customize and build what you want, you cannot find a better dialer.

Pros

What I liked most about the vidial software is its ability to dial my ideal customers by timezone or by action based on analytics provided by the platform. You are able to track any interraction with potential prospects based on the rules you setup throughout the dialer. The customer service is very knowledgeable and are eager to help with any questions you may have. Being a call center manager, with a need for answers on the fly it goes a long way to have the support and with their help you cannot fail at your campaign goals.

Cons

The software looks ugly but its a clean design. Hey Vicidial, 1997 is calling and wants its design back.

VICIdial Review

The Sales and setup process were very good. The support team was very professional and helpful to get our system setup and working in spite of some challenges. The functionality of the platform is robust. There are certainly settings for just about everything...which at times takes experience to thoroughly understand, and in some cases, help to get figured out. While we have had success with some...

Pros

a very robust set of functionality features.

Cons

Not extremely intuitive. Functionality is a blessing, and at times, a curse. There is much to learn and figure out and the customer service model has not been ideal in our experience. There are times when it has been good and times it has seemed awful...wondering if the negative experiences are due to the nature of the model (i.e. "we can't help you because you are out of credits")

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.