MailChimp Reviews

4.43/5 (5,192 reviews)

Aanchal Jagnani

If a tool makes mailing (as a marketing channel) fun, it is undoubtedly value for money!

Reviewed 2018-07-28
Review Source: Software Advice

Mail-chimp combines advance features with fun & utility to present a wonderful mailing tool. There is no doubt that it is the best in the market and rightly so! I have tried using other mailing software; a non-tech person like me gets stuck with the UI at the very outset. Mail-Chimp is a piece of cake!!I recently started using Mail Chimp to send across bulk mails for user acquisition and boy! I have never enjoyed bulk e-mails so much! Each mail sent to a batch (list of mail-IDs) is basically a campaign. 1) Once you upload a list of mails, the inbuilt tracker in mail-chimp displays how "active" the subscriber list is which is very useful. 2) I like how I can play around with the formatting options while designing my mails once I am through with the copy. The easy to use formatting options make you look forward to adorning the mails. Lots of in-built e-mail design templates to choose from! 3) Very systematic with each aspect of e-mailing. Upload list, design e-mail, preview it, put in the subject line and other info like intimating the user as to why the mail is being sent, send a test-email and there you have it! 4) Integrated with analytics - Shows open rate, click rate (in case of in-built links). Can be integrated with Google Analytics as well. The easy to use UI, fun features and options together make it a power package! 5) MailChimp's overall heavy usage across industries is indicated by the fact that Facebook Ads Manager provides a separate tab to import data directly from a MailChimp account.

Miguel Gonzalez

Marketing Automation Done Right

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-06-24
Review Source: Software Advice

MailChimp is a great way to introduce users to marketing automation without a high level of risk. Competitors have steep pricing structures that tend to not allow smaller websites with limited budgets test out their features like MailChimp does. It is amazingly easy to setup and use and it has also become my brand of choice for marketing automation across my websites. MailChimp has amazing integrations with many platforms and are easy to use and setup with little or no development experience. MailChimp is one of the largest marketing automation platforms in use today. And one of the reasons it has taken off so quickly includes the fact that they offer an entry level subscription that costs nothing. Literally, nothing. While limited, it still provides much of the features you will find with their paid subscription levels, it just has limits in the number of contacts and the number of emails you can send per month. Still, a great deal to test its features and functionalities. MailChimp is very easy to use and provides a host of features to help you market your site. All subscription levels, including the free entry level, lets you email campaigns, create amazing custom landing pages, pop-up forms, and create Ads with platforms such as Google, Facebook and Instagram. IN addition to these creation and publishing features, MailChimp provides automation features that allow you to create automated responses based on user behaviors. Manage cart abandonment and recommend products as well as receive notifications to all the activities taking place on your site. You can even customize your target audience through segmentation and groups, send times, time zones, demographics and other advanced features. But remember that not all are available in the free version. And what good is a marketing tool if you cannot see the results or track them. This, too, is another MailChimp strength. You get your basic set of reports and can perform A/B testing to see what works and what does not. One of my favorite features is MailChimp's integrations. I use it extensively with WordPress websites and not only use the plug ins created by MailChimp, but those from a multitude of third party developers who have done amazing things with integrations and features.

Anonymous

Perfect For Beginners, Great E-Commerce Integration, Super Simple, Awesome Support

Reviewed 2018-03-23

If you ever thought about email marketing, there is hardly any chance you didn't hear about Mailchimp. It seems to be the go to solution for anybody just starting out with email marketing. What's great is that even in the completely free version you can send newsletters, send automated emails like order confirmations, abandoned cart reminders etc. with lots of integrations to existing e-commerce software. The interface is very simple to use and its built-in drag and drop editor is very flexible as well with lots of predefined elements to choose from. There is built in Google Analytics integration together with numerous other tools from Facebook to Pipedrive, so you can use your mailing list to create custom audiences on FB or sync them with your preferred CRM version to send mass mailings to your customers. What's also nice is the agency feature that allows you to manage multiple accounts under one roof. This is especially useful if you have customers with existing Mailchimp accounts that want to invite you to their existing account.

Anonymous

Robust emailing marketing software with lots of third-party connections.

Reviewed 2017-11-01

MailChimp is a very popular email marketing platform that makes it easy to send out mail campaigns. We use a great plugin for our gravity forms pushing anyone that submits a form on our website to a specific MailChimp list, group, or segment. This makes it easier than trying to regularly upload a list each time it changes. It's popular for good reasons as setting up templated emails is really simple, guided by a step-by-step process with additional coding and advanced setup features. It also allows for RSS feeds to be sent to a blog signup list. Creating automatic drip campaigns is another feature we utilize heavily and works great at increasing follow-up. The split A/B testing is a great way to test the messages of your marketing campaign. Being able to see the reports on clicks and users makes it one of the best features of MailChimp. We use it as a way to know our warm leads we should be reaching out to.

Rob Branting

Overall it's good, but has major flaws.

Reviewed 2017-06-03

Mailchimp is very easy to use and has plugins for 99% of the other services my company uses online like our web host, G Suit, forms system, etc which is awesome and works amazingly. Their API is super smooth and simple so it is easy to import and sync all kinds of customer data from one service to another. The analytics mailchimp provides from campaigns is also super helpful, and so are their new automated tasks sending out automatic emails to customers after purchase or after abandoned carts.

Josemaria Gabriel

Must have to any marketing and sales effort!

Reviewed 2018-07-20

MailChimp is a welcome tool for just about any Marketing campaign! The automation it provides will save you a lot of time and effort so you can focus on managing the leads. The reporting tool is pretty comprehensive and the Forever Free Plan is worth giving a try. The Pro features that come with the paid plans are worth it as well, especially for crucial marketing periods during the fiscal year.We used to send out marketing emails manually, batch by batch, divide and conquer among our staff. Using MailChimp saved us a lot of time and effort by allowing us to automate the sending of emails, and even track the effectiveness of the content and automate some scripted replies. Another thing I liked the most is that MailChimp provides 15 templates to start with (instead of having to build from scratch). For beginners and those who are hesistant, the Forever Free Plan allows you to have up to 2,500 subscribers and to send out up to 12,000 emails/month. That's quite a lot already especially for small businesses. To reach out to a bigger audience, you may want to consider the paid plans. Sales and Marketing team will love its reporting tool to see the effectiveness of your campaign and email interaction from your target audience. It is also integrable to third-party apps and e-commerce platforms.

Alvaro Medina

Sending and monitoring gazillions of emails made easy!

Reviewed 2018-07-10

Free version was workable for our small business. We upgraded to a paid plan for another use-case of marketing/sales for our International event. Saved us a lot of time by automating the sending or emails, including our prepared auto-replies. The analytics tool is very handy in analyzing the reach and effectiveness of our marketing campaign.We needed to send our tons of emails for marketing and sales promotion of our recent international symposium. MailChimp helped us tons by handling the sending our of the emails, monitoring the receiver interaction (wherein we were able to automate certain auto-replies/categorization thereafter). Best feature for us: The Analytics Tool - very useful to see how many were reached, sent, received, clicked on a link, etc. 2nd Best feature: The Auto-responder - you can already set the script or logic of your email correspondence based on the expected replies and prepared email answers. And of course, for the small (perhaps up to medium-sized) businesses, the free plan may be workable for you. Until you decide to upgrade to a paid plan.

Anonymous

Their instructions could be better, but I have found MailChimp to be a great resource.

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-07-28

I like that they offer free use for the 1st 2000 subscribers. That by itself is the #1 reason why anyone looking to start a subscription list should try MailChimp first. 2nd reason people should try it...MailChimp collecting peoples' email addresses and sending emails out from blog posts -- that just works great once you get things set up. And if you want to send out just a regular email - not something connected to a published blog post - that's even easier. The 3rd thing I love is the ability to see who opens the emails and who doesn't. And some other helpful analytics about how people behave when they receive your email. You don't have to have a degree in statistics to understand the quick stats that MailChimp offers.

Grayson Terry

How else are you going to gather all of those emails for your e-business?

Reviewed 2018-07-24

Outreach. Automated email collection, retention, and outreach.It makes a very difficult facet of growing a business fairly simple. Collecting emails. The hardest thing to do in today's society is get somebody to hand over their email. And while MailChimp doesn't automatically convince people to do so, it gives you great tools to sway their confidence. You get free landing pages that you can use with directing traffic to your site to add incentive to their email. "10% off if you join our mailing list!" You can also schedule automatic emails to follow up a purchase to request a review or offer a repeat buyers promo. They give you templates to help build these outreach options with expediency and efficiency. It's really hard to not find reason after reason to use MailChimp of you have your own business, especially an internet based business. You're not nearly as effective without it.

Varun Kumar

A good e-mail marketing platform that can be used by beginners or small businesses.

Reviewed 2018-08-06

A very strong spam filter, that has factors updated regularly in accordance with their restrictive sending policies. A new version of the application is updated every month. They provide an all in one dashboard, where we can find all the tips and they don’t bombard the dashboard with all the redundant options. They provide templates, customizable according to clients and business requirements. The built-in preview feature is very helpful. You don’t need to have the much technical knowledge to build a complex design. Your information is automatically merged to your account from your websites and pages. The application is very simple to use and provides easy navigation throughout. You can set up the lists and schedule tasks quickly, and with ease. It has built-in analytics, where you can check the click and open rates. We can switch and manage multiple accounts at a time. You can test all your initiatives by the A/B testing feature.

Gjenes Belamide

Great email marketing platform!

Reviewed 2018-03-12

Our team has had a great experience sending email marketing campaigns as single campaigns and running automated campaigns. There are a lot of customizable features that we appreciate and make it easy to create what we have in mind. I have been using Mailchimp for the past 3 years and it is packed with great features, which is easy to understand and navigate. I really appreciate being able to connect it with our CRM platforms so we can have everything running cohesively. It's really a great platform for all levels of email marketing, whether you are just beginning or super experienced. There are easy-to-use templates and the ability to customize/code your own. It has everything our team needs for email marketing!

Belinda Strotheide

MailChimp | Worth Another Look

Reviewed 2018-03-08
Review Source: Software Advice

Many things have changed for the better at MailChimp, in my opinion. In the last year, MailChimp has added a number of key functions to their free services which are really helpful for small businesses or nonprofits just starting a list or with a small email list. Automation is available for all types of email marketing from product retargeting and purchase followups to training series’ and RSS-to-email for blog lists through MailChimp.MailChimp has upped its game for free services for small lists. The number of services available via automation and the large numbers of 3rd-party integrations such as Zapier, WordPress, Shopify, WooCommerce, EventBright, Insightly, etc. make it easy for us to do pretty much everything we need to do with our email lists. There are hundreds of services that can be integrated with MailChimp. MailChimp also allows us to segment our lists into smaller target markets and the service provides campaign tracking that lets us see quite a lot of detailed information on recipients’ response. For smaller businesses, MailChimp offers big value in pricing. It’s free up to the first 2000 subscribers for 12,000 emails monthly.

Jenn Walker

MailChimp makes it easy and affordable to quickly create polished, professional emails.

Reviewed 2018-06-06

cost-effective, easy to use and create professional emails even with limited design skills. What I love most about Mail Chimp is the ease of use. It took a few weeks of emails to get the hang of the functions, but now that I know where to go, I can create emails quickly and efficiently. I also like UI/UX of MailChimp, which is clean, simple and friendly. The language is fun but not overly cutesy, which is the tone de jour of software lately. The reporting and analytics are simple to read and understand, and I can send the reports to stakeholders quickly via email, so they have access. I love that they have integration with many of the popular CRMS. I haven't yet had a chance to dig into the more advanced features, but I'm eager to use the landing page options as well as social media integration. They also have a lot of helpful how-tos, and their customer support was quick and helpful. Of course, the low pricetag is a huge selling point for folks with limited marketing budgets.

Sreekumar J

Your simple, efficient, and intelligent mailing solution

Reviewed 2018-07-17

Earlier, we used to send mails using a mail client and later realized it is hectic to track the campaign progress and effectiveness. So we have decided to use a mailing software and started exploring Mail Chimp. We have imported all our verified email contacts at one shot and also integrated our newsletter signup process to Mail Chimp. It is big time saver. Reaching 1000s of email contacts at one shot and love the intelligent reporting. I like Mail Chimp because of the given reasons. 1. Enables to create visually appealing and unique email campaigns without much design skills. The template library is a big plus 2. A handy platform to track analytics for better insights on mailing and campaign process. 3. A free plan for a startup to explore, and experiment and then scale up with a matter of plan change 4. Usability that user can see an instant view of what the mail will look like when land up on a desktop or a mobile device. 5. Drag and drop functionality to design the template is awesome 6. Above all, the light weight interface even though a huge set of features are offered

Anne Sacchetti

Absolutely essential for small business owners! The best way for an entrepreneur who is not technically savvy to build an email database and use it wisely!

Reviewed 2018-01-04
Review Source: Software Advice

If you're an entrepreneur or work for a small business, you NEED Mailchimp! Don't look at any other email marketing services. It's the most affordable and best email marketing platform out there for small businesses. Everything from the emails they send to me to the reporting on how my campaigns performed is outstanding. I have a full time job, but I also manage my own business on the side and Mailchimp is essential to my success. It integrates with every CMS, so I can quickly and easily build lead generation forms for any part of my website and also get real-time notifications on how they're performing. I love the email templates, they're beautifully designed right out of the box. Often times, all I need to do is add my logo and email copy, and it looks fantastic. If you want to be a power user, Mailchimp also has the capability to do A/B testing on just about anything - so I can discover what subject lines, copy, images, etc work the best for my audience. Really amazing service.

Anonymous

Excellent! Really a great product, very easy to use

Reviewed 2018-05-04

The ability to send out an email campaign and bring people who were scattered in my organization together, by keeping them informed of what was going on. Reports on what worked best for my subscribers to keep them engaged. Also it is free to use under a certain number of subscribers so it is perfect for my needs! Mailchimp is spectacularly easy to use. It is very intuitive and also it is free if you have less than 2,000 subscribers, which makes it the go to e-news for small nonprofits or groups. It also has a lot of free features that keeps all of your e-mail campaigns organized and customizable - they also have free templates that you just need to adjust to your needs with minimal hassle, even if you do not know any html. Their reports feature is also really handy! I personally use it to see which links people clicked on the most, thereby allowing me to tailor my links to my subscribers interests. It also shows you the best days to send your email and your open rate in comparison to your particular industries average. Finally, I love that you can upload subscribers through an excel file or cvs. You can also update or change a subscribers email in the same way! So instead of changing an email one by one, you can just upload those changes. Basically, if you have simple needs and a small number of subscribers I highly recommend it!

Abigail Nwaocha

Simple email marketing tool for bloggers and small businesses

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2016-11-14

I’ve been using MailChimp for a year, along with other email marketing software’s, and MailChimp is one of the best email marketing softwares in the market. I am not a fan of the customer support system, I’ve had to contact the customer support twice, each on different accounts. On first was on a paid account and the customer support rep was very helpful, the second was on a free account and I’m still waiting for their response. I hope they get back to me because it’s still within the 30 days of support. One of the reasons I don’t like this system is because the brands I work with are mostly startup or small businesses and most of them have heard of MailChimp and they know it’s free for 2000 subscribers, however, they don’t know what restrictions the free plan comes with. And their suggestion to everything is “Contact customer support” If only they knew  I also wish the free plan came with a bit of automation but I guess what is what Drip or SendinBlue is for. I also wish MailChimp came with an inbuilt mini tutorial on how to use their software, I think people new to email marketing would find it very useful. I remember the first time I tried MailChimp I had no idea that I had to create a template and then a campaign. I use MailChimp with a lot of integrations to widen its use, I use MailChimp with Privy, Drip, Hubspot CRM and many other tools thanks to Zapier. One of the features I love about MailChimp and I’m yet to find in SendinBlue or Benchmark email is the ability to have an image header in the signup form. My review is mostly based on the free plan, but despite the flaws I’d still recommend MailChimp to individuals and companies looking to get into email marketing.Mailchimp is easy, it is also the go-to email marketing software for small businesses and bloggers. It is easy to use, the signup form allows more customization options than most email marketing softwareS. The free plan allows 2000 subscribers.

Alirio Rubén Rivero Rodríguez

I use it as one of my inbound marketing tools

Reviewed 2018-07-17

MailChimp is an excellent tool to put into action the email marketing strategies that we propose in every marketing or sales department. It has a very efficient contact list management. Totally manageable data. It has a very interesting feature: When sending an email, it analyzes why an account does not receive the sent message and if it determines that the account does not exist or was deleted, it automatically deletes it from the list. Export and import contact very easily. It also allows joining one or more lists. Each mail is called Campaigns. These campaigns are totally configurable through a very intuitive and easy-to-use graphical interface. In addition, you can copy a previous campaign and send it again with the changes you want, in case you decide. A few weeks ago they included the option of resending campaigns to accounts that did not open the mail. Function that allows our reading statistics. The free version is a very good initial step to know the tool. It has no restrictions, only the number of subscribers you have in your contact lists.

Erin Weigel

Best email marketing platform!

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-03-15

Mailchimp is a super easy to use email marketing platform. It's small-business friendly by offering their "freemium" model that allows you have a subscriber list up to a certain number of contacts for free. Once you get to a certain level of subscribers, only then do you need to pay. They have a nice variety of flexible and well-designed templates to choose from that render nicely on all major email platforms. They're even responsive for mobile friendly reading considering over 50% of all email is opened on a mobile device. I like being able to use their WYSIWYG editor in combination with the code view. That way if something gets broken somehow, I can always dig into the code and fix it myself. The email templates they create are also available for download at HTML files. It's really nice they share their code for people to use and learn from. Their basic app allows you to check on your open rate and subscriber list, which is handy. The desktop view has a lot of helpful data that you can look at to understand what your best performing campaigns are. Anytime a small business owner or marketer is looking for an email marketing platform, Mailchimp is always my go-to recommendation!

Alex Spiret

Terrible service, over priced and features are minimal

Reviewed 2016-12-06

The service is shocking and the staff rude - and they don't like to talk on the phone, so you have to wait for an email reply. its much more expensive than its competitors and it hasn't got as many useful fractures as other sites. i have used it in 3 different companies now and all three times have found that is is much easier than so many of its competitors that companies assume that its the best, but when they experience Robly they realize just how many functions and features MailChimp is lacking. It is easy to use but is also over priced.its easy to use and it brand name is well known

Kim Skoretz

Doesn't do basic functions

Reviewed 2018-03-22

Don't need to be an expert to use the system.It's pretty easy to use and straight forward. But it is a very basic program for basic one-time email campaigns.

Anonymous

I have setup and run medium & large sized email campaigns using Mail Chimp & worked with their API

Reviewed 2018-06-14

Mail Chimp was a great choice for us because we started out using the freemium plan when we just starting out, then as we grew our business and customer email lists, we were able to easily upgrade our account plan as needed. They support everything you would need to easily run basic to intermediate complexity email campaigns. They do support more advanced features as well, but performing more complex list segmentation and automation flows are somewhat confusing and fairly difficult compared to other higher-end (and also more expensive as well) email service providers.Mail Chimp has multiple plans available from a fairly generous & basic freemium plan to more robust plans that allow for much larger subscriber list sizes. Their pricing is very reasonable for the industry, and since their plans are scalable, they're a great choice for smaller/newer businesses because you can start out using the freemium plan and gradually upgrade your plan as your business grows. They're an excellent value for small and medium-sized businesses because they offer very good reporting, have an easy-to-use and intuitive email template editor & they support basic email personalization and automation as well.

mike Julson

Definitely a useful tool in small business. It can take the place of one to two employees easily.

Reviewed 2018-07-26

Definitely had an influx of warm leads from this software. And its ability to give me analytical data on how long the recipient stayed on the page where they clicked anything and other such information was incredibly useful in implementing design changes which ultimately increased are number of successful contact attempts.Setting up the mailing lists and scheduling tasks was quite simple with this software. It's easy to see the designers strive to make it intuitive for its clients to help them Reach Out to the maximum number of potential or perspective future clients. I also like that once everything was set it really could be just left alone and somewhat on autopilot.

Shirin Elkoshairi

Extremely versatile software that integrates with almost every CRM and marketing tool on the market

Reviewed 2018-05-15

We are able to have multiple landing pages on our website that have sign up forms that automatically integrate into Mailchimp. Once someone signs up, I am quite assured that our drip campaign will methodically start to send content to the person who signed up and it can change course based on the clients behavior. We also were able to setup and do some deep integrations without exceeding the free plan for quite some time while we evaluated. This software can very quickly allow you to setup an outbound marketing program that can send multiple emails based on different events that occur on our website. If you start off on the free platform you are still given access to an amazing level of control over sending emails to list of clients that sign up for various newsletters. I have to also mention that almost every CRM, scheduling app, and web hosting site seems to natively integrate with Mailchimp via API making it very easy to get up and running.

Taylor Dodds

MailChimp makes everyday emails easier

Reviewed 2018-08-02

Overall, my MailChimp experience has been excellent. So much so, that not only does my company use MailChimp, but we recommend it to every client who asks about an email platform. It's so easy to use, and has so many additional features, like landing pages and CTA buttons, that it's a no brainer. We've definitely increased lead generation and customer conversions by using MailChimp. Plus, the time required to create a stunning email is half that of other email providers I've used. MailChimp is my preferred email publishing platform. My favorite part is how easy to use the software is. It's a drag-and-drop system to quickly and efficiently creating emails. The list building feature makes selecting the right contacts for the right message incredibly easy. Plus, MailChimp has tons of extra features, like big, visual call to action buttons, landing page creations (to increase customer conversion rate) and even features to use marketing automation -- all within the platform itself.