Mailchimp Logo

Mailchimp

Email and advertising marketing automation platform

Mailchimp Reviews - Page 100

16,851 reviews

Jodi E.

Graphic Design,

Beautiful emails, a bit of a learning curve, overall the best option for bulk HTML emails

Once the templates are established, anyone on the team can create emails fairly simply, which gives us a lot of flexibility for our team and for our clients.

Pros

Once you have a hang of how to work with the design interface, and have your brand's styles set up, it's a breeze to create engaging email content. We're impressed with the flexibility on adding media, and love the option to store PDFs inside Mailchimp and link to them in the email rather than have to attach the files.

Cons

It definitely has a learning curve--it's not too intuitive to be able to design your first email, and it makes sense to have a skilled graphic designer create a template for your brand.

TG

Todd G.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Email Marketing Platform Growing Into Larger Marketing Service

Pros

Mailchimp is reliable, easy to use, and filled with features that continue to expand.

Cons

Can't think of anything that I would say is a con.

SW

Stacey W.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Mail Chimp Review

Very satisfied for the use.

Pros

I recommend mail chimp all the time to colleagues. It is easy to use once you get used to the software and variations from other software, c.c.. Previously I used another that is much more pricey but easier to use and has many more features. This one meets our needs for a small size venture. With all being said it is great for our application.

Cons

The groups for contacts is cumbersome to make.

MD

Mert D.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

E-mail Management and Marketing with Mailchimp

I am using Mailchimp over 6 years and I am monitoring my e-mail marketing system and create surveys for my company to achieve some goals that we target in.

Pros

Mailchimp has important e-mail and survey templates that you can use for your social media or e-mail marketing. Also it is possible to analyze your e-mails about their open rate and other kind of analytics.

Cons

Mailchimp is nice to have and it's free version offers very valuable features. But they should extend the time that you have free version plan or they can add a plan for small businesses about the cost.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

I really like Mailchimp

Pros

I've used many mail distribution services and I've found Mailchimp is by far the most easy to use for constructing email, managing lists, and hooking into their API for collecting contacts from website forms.

Cons

There's not much I don't like about Mailchimp... it's just easy.

catherine c.

The perfect email creation software

Pros

MailChimp is a powerful and very complete tool, specialized in evaluation of marketing campaigns, facilitating the personalization of emails and features that include analytics, Tests A / B, geographical orientation and spams diagnosis.

Cons

It does not allow you to send the same campaign to several subscriber lists at once, so you are forced to send it to one list at a time, this may take away a little time you can spend on something else

JA

Jo-Ann N.

Retail, self-employed

Important for email marketing

I briefly used Mailchimp before moving onto another email marketing system. This is because I found Mailchimp unintuitive and difficult to navigate as someone who had not used an email marketing software before. Mailchimp was recommended to me as a powerful and inexpensive solution for managing and growing my emailing lists, and I believe it would be an excellent tool for more savvy users than myself. The software I use now was so easy to set up and integrate with my Shopify store so I personally would not go back to using Mailchimp.

Pros

Powerful tool if you know how to use it.

Cons

Difficult to set up, I found it unintuitive and hard to navigate.

Jeff F.

Furniture, 51-200 employees

Love this!

Again, automations. They've allowed me to recover abandoned carts, get reviews and more.

Pros

Works well with multiple platforms including Shopify and Magento. Automations are easy to implement and already show ROI.

Cons

Not much. I think the advertizing section overlaps with other offerings, but that's it.

AJ

Amy J.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

A lots of features to figure out.

Overall this program is great. I think it is costly for the amount of people who we are emailing.

Pros

This email campaign program gets the job done. I like that I can access it anywhere, fairly basic to set up and simple to use. It has a lot of solid and useful features and many more to learn.

Cons

I feel like audience management is cumbersome. We tag each client with their interests, but it is easy to create extra interest with misspelled words-or even just a capital letter- so then tags become hard to manage. I wish you could drag and drop from previous campaigns to make weekly updates easier.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Mailchimp review

I like the product.

Pros

It's easy to integrate for me as a developer, and messages are recieved almost instantly they're triggred.

Cons

The documentation can be richer with code examples for new developers learning to use the product.

Tee M.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Happy MailChimp Customer for 3+ years

I know a lot of people complain about MailChimp but I haven't experienced any problems using the system. In fact, it's made communicating with my clients super easy. They've certainly removed the stress out of marketing and saved me loads of time. Their quirky new brand makes email marketing even fun!

Pros

I like MailChimp's ease of use, and the cost/value. I never really knew how great MailChimp was until I tried a different email marketing system. I find it very easy to keep track of my client lists, and the new tagging function is great for segmenting my lists without using the old-fashion segment feature. I use the templates to create newsletters and campaigns with no problems. I haven't had a chance to delve into MailChimp's more advanced features so I can't comment on them just yet. For now, I'm a happy camper!

Cons

The only drawback that I can see thus far is MailChimp's interface is starting to feel a little dated and puffy. I'd prefer more clean lines and a sleek look to the backend and customer-facing interfaces.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Mailchimp is a good ESP but needs better support

We use Mailchimp for email efforts when we need to send quickly from new domains. They allow you to get up and running quickly and can deliver email as the best of them.

Pros

Ease of use, Anyone can get in there and upload a list of contacts and start sending with little to no training.

Cons

They are severely lacking on features, and are getting out paced by some of the smaller guys. Their deliverability team is one of the best which keeps the quality of the sending above average.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Their trajectory has just been weird

I've actually been familiar with MailChimp almost since their inception and their progression has just been odd. For a stretch of time they were a reliable email marketing tool, but right now, they're trying to find their place in the marketplace, and I personally just don't get it. Maybe I'm not the target audience, but their interface is just getting more confusion, it's getting so feature heavy and feels like there's more and more limits on the free plan and the paid plan just isn't worth it compared to others like ActiveCampaign.

Pros

I appreciate that it's been a staple for many business owners - we've all had an account on MailChimp at one point or another. But now, there's many more tools, free and simple, paid and simple, paid and robust, that do the job better and easier in less time.

Cons

My main beef with MailChimp is their commerce connection was super buggy with Wordpress and there wasn't any help about that. I generally don't like their interface, it's gotten clunky and overloaded with features, and cluttered. Automations were unintuitive when I last tried them

Matt M.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

I love Mailchimp but it has it's limits

I have used mailchimp with multiple companies and it gets the job done. It will integrate with most software and websites which is very helpful. If you are price concious it is the best but if you really want to make money with an eccommerce site I would go with something that has more features.

Pros

Mailchimp is a great email marketing software that integrates with pretty much everything and makes creating and sending emails a breeze. If you are price conscious, then I suggest Mailchimp.

Cons

It has it's limits. If you are looking to really dig deep into your email marketing Mailchimp isn't for you. Klaviyo or Bronto allow you to do a lot more with segmentation, A/B testing and automation.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Marekting yields good results with Mailchimp

Awesome products, can serve small business needs

Pros

The inbuilt email template, predefined reporting and analytics for each campaigns help us achieve the desired result. You can track the progress of all your various marketing programs through various channel under one platform, this help you strategize your next move.

Cons

It needs a training to get started, I had hard time initially but after learning was bale to make the optimal use of it

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Mailchimp helps me get maximux from my nesletters

Mailchimp is the number one email service both for my personnal and work project. I use it for years and do not consider swithching to anything other.

Pros

Mailchimp is super reliable. I have never ever received a notifiction that my campaign failed to be delivered. Never. Sure, it will take you an hour to set up your first email campaign, template and audience, but after that is is just a matter of few clicks and ammendments to contact you subsrcribers on a regular basis.

Cons

Managing your uadience can be tricky if you do not use tags. Merge tags in letters are also dangerous - check them twice before you send your campaign,

as

antonio s.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Unleashing Creativity in Email Marketing

This powerful tool has revolutionized the way businesses connect with their audience through email campaigns.the platform functionality saves invaluable time and allows me to focus on customizing templates to match our brand's unique aesthetic effortlessly, enabling seamless design adjustments.

Pros

As a Creative immersed in the world of marketing, I've had the pleasure of exploring numerous email marketing platforms, and among them, Mailchimp truly stands out.

Cons

It's important to note that the pricing structure of Mailchimp might present difficulties for businesses operating on tighter budgets.

KW

Karsen W.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Not Design Focused, but Good for Small Businesses

Pros

This is very affordable with a lot of relevant plugins and capabilities.

Cons

If you are not a designer or coder you will find laying out your newsletters very difficult. In order to optimize our layouts, it required the help of an individual that was a skilled coder and designer.

Antoine R.

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

Outil de référence pour les campagnes e-mail

Pros

J'ai apprécié la simplicité d'utilisation, le fait de pouvoir mettre en place très rapidement ce que je souhaité.

Cons

Impossible d'avoir l'interface en langue française.

Showing original review in French. See translation

Internet, 11-50 employees

We use MailChimp to reach out to our target customer with less time spent analyzing who that is

The ability to market to our customer base in an effective way that helps us to build our brand.

Pros

One of the most useful things about MailChimp is that it helps us to create email marketing campaigns that reach the customer base that responds to us best and helps us to stay connected with them.

Cons

We have had occasional customer support issues; mostly waiting to reach them, but when we make contact there is always someone ready to help in any way they can.

JW

Jason W.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Mailchimp is a solid effort

As an outbound marketing tool Mailchimp is a solid product. The Mandrill component is also good for integration with your own app. I'd recommend it, despite being pricey with bad support for non-US.

Pros

Features - pretty good features and UI/UX Ease of use - templates etc. are easy and developer docs are good Application's ability to be integrated with your own app

Cons

Price - it's expensive if you use as a low volume of outbound emails with a high number of subscribers. Support is pretty poor.

AJ

Ankit J.

Investment Banking, 201-500 employees

Bulk and targeted emails at once without hassle

Overall I am satisfied with MailChimp but there are a lot of areas where they can work on. Good for beginners and part-time marketers. They have a very good benchmark to reach your customer inbox. Most of the time it prevents from spam striking.

Pros

1. Intuitive User Interface 2. Large community uses MailChimp 3. You never reach spam to your customers 4. Target based email marketing 5. Email tracking with a lot of other options 6. Attractive Footer logos and images

Cons

1. Pricing plans can be more adjustable for the wallet 2. Watermarks 3. You have to rely on third-party vendors for plugins and connectors with other applications like Excel.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Excellent Communications Tool

I use mailchimp with several organizations. For my paying clients I use it to co-ordinate social media and email campaigns in order to keep consistent branding. For the many non-profit clients that I work with, we use it as an information, event and newsletter program to ensure that everyone gets information sent to them. I love the ability to see if people have opened the attachments or the email. It has come in handy ensuring accountability among volunteer groups.

Pros

Easily allows me to import everything I need to create effective email campaigns such as mailing lists, graphics, files etc.

Cons

Design functionality of templates is a little rigid, often find the closest thing to what i want and delete what i dont need anymore.

SS

Segilola S.

Used other for 1-2 years

Excellent for growing your mailing list

Pros

There are a number of plugins that are compatible with it. I love using a plugin that allows me to see the state of my lists without having to log out of my website. Mailchimp allows me to send a regular email based on the posts on my RSS feed. This way my subscribers get an email with a list of all the posts that week with a short summary of the post and social media buttons to share. Using mailchimp allows me to grow my mailing list and is secure and convenient. You can sync mailchimp with you google analytics, this way, you can tell which visitors visited your website from your mailchimp newsletter. Mailchimp can also share your newsletter to your facebook and twitter pages if required

Cons

It took me a while to get the hang of it especially with regards to syncing my blog's subscribe box

Annasia A.

Retail, self-employed

Best E-mail Marketing Solution for Startups

Overall, I suggest starting MailChimp after doing a bit a strategic planning and scoping for your business. This combined with marketing strategy research will assist in optimizing this application.

Pros

Mailchimp is an easy alternative to the legwork of email marketing and lead generation. Within a few taps, I can upload contacts right from my contact list and schedule hot leads for a specific customer journey!

Cons

I am hoping to see more aesthetically pleasing landing page designs, as well as more app functionalities.