Ideanote Reviews

Ideanote

Innovation platform

4.87/5 (69 reviews)

Pros
  • Great and streamlined software with a great ability to scale with ANY company within any industry.Demarr W.Read the full review
  • Ideanote is very intuitive; the layout is very slick, inspiring and attractive. It's definitely a strong and well thought solution for any kind of business for sure.Alfredo d.Read the full review
  • This software serves quite specific use cases and has worked perfectly for the company that I work for. It fits the culture seamlessly and accommodates rigorous ideation and feedback.Pieter d.Read the full review
Cons
  • Off the end; the 3 dots were obscured by the image I had chosen so it was more user error than a con or problem with the system.Marilyn D.Read the full review
  • The default view is designed more for the management of ideas, which is a critical role, but users simply coming to provide ideas could easily get lost and overwhelmed.Mark T.Read the full review
  • Likewise when you want mentions, private features should not appear when mentions, so the public can only mentions users in the mission alone.Tangguh R.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Fred Vinson

You Never Knew You Needed An Idea Tool Until You Start Using This

Reviewed 2020-06-26

I've loving my experience with it so far. This will definitely be my idea go to tool from now on.

Pros
I've used several note and idea tools. I never thought I needed one like it. It's next level and takes idea management to a new level.

Cons
It can take a bit getting used to at first just like any new tool. But once you get the hang it, you will be flowing and with new ideas with your staff, team members and even your customers.

Raymond Silfver

Great way of involving your teams and potential clients!

Reviewed 2020-07-23

The Ideanote interface is extremely flexible, although there are lots of great premade templates, you can still change the look, feel, and content to anything you desire!

Pros
Outstanding way of collecting ideas from all layers by your staff and other stakeholders, even your customers/potential customers. I’m planning to use Ideanote to gather customer ideas. The tools are very simple to work with, you just need to create a project, and ask a question. You can illustrate the page where your question is displayed, then you just must share the link with the people of your choice and to wait for their answers and ideas. This product has enormous potential. The people behind Ideanote are very responsive to new suggestions. It's important to listen to your customers, members or employees.

Cons
Cannot think of any. Well, although interface adapted into most known world languages, Finnish and Swedish were still missing ;-)

Mark Soto

Great Tool To Collaborate With Your Team Or Clients

Reviewed 2020-07-30

Pros
I like the ability to share Missions with our Team and or Clients to Collaborate and brainstorm ideas on Steroids

Cons
need some updates on some of the items we dont want to show to everyone (they need to be hidden) but I know the ideanote team is already working on this issue

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Matt Power

I seriously had no idea how awesome this Saa was until I tried it each day for 2 weeks (No Brainer!)

Reviewed 2020-07-17

Pros
The software was unbelievably well designed and what appears as a lot of whitespace initially is there for a reason. There is no clutter except the clutter that you make as you slowly pull each idea from your mind, whether ordinary or amazing, it comes out. From a leaders perspective, the structure of the Software helps you word your problem or painpoint articulately and encourages your team or selected brainstrust to run with your issue and come up with fantastic solutions. Your group can be anything from yourself tosome rediculous number that I will never have at my fingertips.

Cons
As I mentioned in the Pros, at first the software was very bland in the sense that there was a lot of whitespace but this changes very soon the second you start populating your ideas and getting input from other team members.

Alfredo del Arenal

Innovation-Ideas Hub and amazing customer support!

Reviewed 2020-06-16

Ideanote is very intuitive; the layout is very slick, inspiring and attractive. It's definitely a strong and well thought solution for any kind of business for sure. Doesn’t' matter how big or small your business is. Its great that you can even switch the platform between several different languages if you speak other languages than English!

Pros
You may have the best software tool on earth but if you don't count with the support of their creators there isn't much you can do moving ahead. The people behind Ideanote are one of the best support experiences I ever have. Not just the help or support tools they may already have available online. As a client you count with the option to do a virtual face-to-face support with them which, I found invaluable and that tells you their passion and commitment to help. Plus, their tool is indeed one of the best I ever seen to innovate ideas that you and your team may have been working on. No more having to share ideas on emails where they get lost with other emails, or ideas lost on virtual conversations where each team member is taking its own notes and are lost in notebook papers, post-it or other tools, etc. Ideanote comes precisely to rescue in that sense! You have your own central hub for ideas and you just expand and grow from there! I recently started to use the tool and already had my one-on-one support video call that proof to be so helpful, that I'm feeling even more excited of what I could accomplish with Ideanote! Alfredo

Cons
I haven't found any that I could nail down yet.

Mesut Bilgili

Don't Miss Out On Sharing Ideas

Reviewed 2020-06-19

Pros
In an era where open innovation is encouraged, idea management apps are a good proposition. Ideanote delivers what it promises. It's UI is clean and offers an easy to follow user experience. It can be utilized as an idea sharing portal or you can embed specific questions to your website to collect ideas from your visitors. I find the ability to bring our internal team together with our external stakeholders valuable. White labeling and customization options are important for strengthening the team identity and encouraging participation. Finally, Ideanote provides a high level of customer service.

Cons
The cost may be too high for small businesses. They could consider offering special pricing for startups in the future. Today's small teams and entrepreneurs may become the enterprises of tomorrow, and both segments are Ideanote's target market.

Bob Zhu

Interesting method of capturing insights and innovation

Reviewed 2020-06-27

It is making the process of collecting feedback from clients much more smooth, and less like a chore. Also works internally, so we can sub-divide and compare ideas collected from clients and colleagues alike.

Pros
Really simple to set up and not hard for team members to join either. The SSO integration makes it pretty easy, less passwords to remember. Capturing innovations is quite nice, and I like the built in data analytics features (especially when you can visualise where the ideas came from, from what countries etc.) It makes giving feedback from clients seem much more like a contribution rather than a chore. The ability to whitelabel using CNAME was also very helpful for branding (adds that little bit extra for clients).

Cons
I feel as if the software is still being developed, and is in the process of being refined. Something definitely to focus on in the future would be more documentation on an API, especially for automating data extraction but these are just nice to haves.

Zippinderpal Singh

I was looking for this from Longtime! Simply Amazing

Reviewed 2020-06-20

Pros
I run agency business and everything goes as idea. Even we had lot of trello boards managing and naming ideas, idea validation, ideas in action etc... But still those as task. As it matched so much with process I am doing offrecords from last 5 years and was trying to build something like that but thanks to ideanote for saving my time to focus more on usage and less on building...

Cons
Nothing as such for now but would love to have deadline when idea is moved to action phase.

Matthias Rickes

Great for creating and collecting pre-structured homework for students/Great customer support

Reviewed 2020-07-08

The support from Ideanote is great. Inquiries are answered extremely fast and competent. Example: When I started using Ideanote, it was not yet possible to delete members (students) that I had added to the system (it was only possible to deactivate them). Support told me that this option makes sense for the platform as a whole and that the corresponding function will be introduced with the next update. This was not an empty promise: Two weeks after my request the feature was integrated into Ideanote.

Pros
The platform is intuitive to use and considerably facilitates the allocation and collection of student homework for which a structure can be defined. I currently use Ideanote to let students create questions for an online quiz. Through Ideanote I can easily give feedback on the created tasks myself. But more importantly, students can easily give feedback to each other. I am sure that I will use Ideanote for further student projects in the future. As mentioned before: Using Ideanote is always a good choice when tasks are assigned that can be pre-structured in detail and when collaboration is necessary..

Cons
So far I have not noticed anything negative about Ideanote. An idea for the further development of Ideanote might be to create the possibility to use several (different) idea templates within one mission.

André Ferreira

The best tool for Business Design or Growth

Reviewed 2020-06-16

As a growth team in a design studio, Ideanote fit perfectly in my process of creating ideas, prioritizing and experimenting. I can measure everything from the amount of ideas to the impact of their implementation.

Pros
The interface is friendly and simple, the experience inside the tool is excellent and makes sense. For example, kanban stages are the best. When it comes to prioritizing ideas by impact, effort or any other criteria, we only have 4 options, which is perfect! It is possible to personalize impact, colors, kanban stages, prioritization steps... I'm really enjoying it.

Cons
Maybe, if we have a roadmap to idea implementation it will be nice.

BJ Jones

Ideanote spurs creative thought and innovation

Reviewed 2020-06-15

Ideanote is amazing for finding new marketing ideas that we would have never come up with othewise. We have a unique use case for Ideanote in that we try to crowdsource news and feature story ideas. The Ideanote software can even help brainstorm the best ideas for team bonding. The irony is that all of us are bonding on Ideanote as we are planning ways to bond as a team!

Pros
Crowdsourcing ideas is harder in a post-Covid 19 world. Without roundtable meetings and interoffice discussions that used to be commonplace, innovation has suffered for many companies. Then, we found Ideanote. Ideanote allows full discussion of ideas with a UI that is second to none. We are a news organization that can now discuss ideas for new investigations and stories along with changes to help our business grow more profitable. The visualization of ideas on Ideanote is especially gratifying, and an unlimited number of guests can be allowed to comment on any idea. Ideanote is a gamechanger for our business.

Cons
I stare at a computer all day, and I would love Ideanote even more with a "darkl mode" option. Please implement this as soon as possible. However, the UI is very pleasing to the eye. I just love having the option of dark mode - especially when I am working in the evening hours.

Victor Lam

Impress the customers

Reviewed 2020-07-24

My overall impression is great. Everything seems well organized and thought through. The initial challenge is that it is very different from just adding tasks to the backlog as most developers are used to. It takes time to get used to it. Don't move everything at once or you may risk giving up. Define a few areas you want to improve, create missions to collect those ideas, and go from there. Everything is straightforward and easy to learn once you get used to it. Keeping ideas separate from tasks helps me focus and be more productive.

Pros
Ideanote feels very professional and the user interface is fantastic. Having a dedicated tool to collect and manage ideas takes idea management to the next level. Streamlining your workflow from idea to implementation is amazing but what is even better is the impression it creates. For customers and co-workers alike the message is clear - you value their opinion. It makes them more inclined to share feedback because they believe it will make a real difference since you put time and money into properly managing their ideas.

Cons
Not really a con but rather something I would love to see in the future is more integrations. Ideanote extracts the innovation and brainstorming part out of your project management system but does not replace it. Ideanote focuses on what it does best, managing ideas, and that is a good thing but once you have collected, organized, and prioritized the ideas it is time to move that task into a project management system. Introducing Zapier integration or even better a real open API solution will solve that problem.

Mohammed Nur

Idea Generation & Collaboration Tool

Reviewed 2020-06-25

I've spent years using mind-maps and other note taking apps to jot down ideas. I have so many ideas that I just filed them away in so many different apps and locations which made it difficult to find ideas, share the ideas, and then to develop them. But, Ideanote makes it easier to capture all my ideas the precise moment they come to me and then top share and work on those ideas with my team and customers. I can clearly see how this solution will help us organize our ideas and our creativity. Within my business IdeanNote is perfect for product development. And, using it with my customers, I'll be able to gather a never ending stream of ideas to improve our products and our company. This is powerful stuff. Overall, it's an essential investment for any business. Whether you're a solo entrepreneur, a small team or an enterprise.

Pros
The UI is gorgeous. And the UX makes it so easy to navigate around. Most of the options are self-explanatory. There is a very slight learning curve. Within minutes of signing up for an a/c I was able to find out how to map my creativity by creating missions and adding ideas to them. I can't wait to invite my team and customers and have them populate the site with ideas.

Cons
I would like to see an integration with my favorite project management tool: Niftypm.

Oswar Nieves

The exact point to bring an idea from your mind to reality.

Reviewed 2020-06-30

Pros
I have ADHD and whenever an idea occurs to me, I write it down on a piece of paper and then I don't remember where I write it down. But thanks to IdeaNote I have found a way to preview my ideas and see if they will be effective or not. I confess that when I write an idea, I send it to my wife for her feedback. She loves this format and as a psychologist she has seen that it has helped me focus. ✅ Clean interface ✅ Very simple to use ✅ Great for collecting ideas and feedback

Cons
✅ Mobile app would be awesome ✅ Different widgets for idea collection

Thomas Koipuram

Wonderful idea implemented beautifully

Reviewed 2020-07-20

It was a very easy onboarding for our team since we did not have an idea management software other than the trusty old Excel. However, Ideanote took everything to a new level with very minimal effort. Since I have a relatively young team who is used to Social media, getting onboarded to IdeaNote was a no brainer for them. It's working is intuitive and most of my team could get the hang of it pretty quickly without any additional training. Now we keep track of all ideas and we are able to collaborate and track them effectively, thanks to Ideanote

Pros
Very easy to get started. Create Mission, Share mission with audience, Collect ideas.. simple as that! Managing ideas using the Kanban style format is one of my favorite features. Overall the UI is easy to navigate and looks clean. The development team is very open to feature requests! I love that.

Cons
Missing a few features I would love to see. I am sure the team will get it all implemented as per their product roadmap. There is nothing in the current feature set that I am not a fan of. Everything is there for a reason and it does it work beautifully.

Tangguh Rifqi

Awesome! really like it...

Reviewed 2020-06-20

for all of them .. I can still only use it internally ... because I have an idea to gather public users in collaborating to create something ... it's just that because email users still appear I undo this idea ... overall I like and really help my team in collaborating ideas

Pros
because I have a creative team and the contents are all young people ... so it is very helpful to pour all the ideas here ... and we can see which ones have the most interactions and that goes to the next stage ... amazing!

Cons
some features such as email all users still appear in the idea ... because if we are set to public a mission, the email user will be seen by others ... even though if there is a public menu, I really take care of user privacy ... so it's best to hide .. Likewise when you want mentions, private features should not appear when mentions, so the public can only mentions users in the mission alone

John Boswell

Clean fast interface that facilitates idea flow

Reviewed 2020-06-25

A positive experience, can see it assisting greatly with ideation.

Pros
I like the ability to quickly login (via gsuite button) and get ideas down quickly and elaborate as required. Very nice UI, clean and fast. Like the white-label workspace option to invite others in to reflect/share ideas.

Cons
Would love to see a mind-map alternative view with relationships between the ideas. Might be a way of doing this somewhere, will continue exploring.

Richard Vader

Ideation made simple!

Reviewed 2020-08-03

We do a lot of ideation and brainstorm sprints and IdeaNote makes this process real simple. It is is easy to get started and put your ideas in the application. The interface is clean and navigation is a breeze. IdeaNote helps to organize brainstorm activity, especially when collaborating with a team. There are a ton of customization settings to create the perfect sessions (called 'Missions in the app) and collect feedback to fine-time your ideas.

Pros
There are a ton of customization settings to create the perfect brainstorm sessions (called 'Missions in the app) and collect feedback to fine-time your ideas.

Cons
If you have multiple projects and want to separate them in the application you'll need to purchase a subscription for each project that you want to separate in their own dashboard.

isaac ohana

Easy to use Project Ideation & organization - Simple & Effective.

Reviewed 2020-06-15

Our team has been using a few different applications when working on new projects, specifically dropbox, Google drive & email. The main issues we've had were collaboration at the ideation process of the projects, developing the structure, the needs etc. Working with those other programs was hard to deal with because we had multiple files, folders and documents so tracking the progress and collaborating until we started using Ideanote.

Pros
What I like the most is the simplicity & ease of use. From creating new projects, inviting team members, developing ideas, commenting about other people's ideas etc. With Ideanote, everything is in one place, making the process clear and simple.

Cons
We started using this app a few weeks ago so I do not have any negatives as of yet. In one way I want Ideanote to be more robust and do many more other things like project management tools but on the other hand, I appreciate the simple interface and focus of the app.

Terrence Un

Indispensable for any type of work

Reviewed 2020-06-16

It tracks possible solutions to problems that you are facing especially when you have a number of businesses, diferent responsibilities and solutions for different sitiuations could pop up at the most unpredictable time. But if your laptop is available, it takes no time at all to note down what the idea was and you no longer have to have attention on remembering it or hoping that you don't forget what it was.

Pros
It is very easy to use. Once you are familiarized with its operation - off you go! The amount of lost ideas I had when doing another task continued to occur until I started using this piece of software. Now, when something comes to me that I am trying to resolve, I either add it to an existing mission or create a new one. I can now go back and track if the idea will be useful or not.

Cons
I haven't found any cons as the benefit outweighs any possible inconvenience which I can't find.

August Manapat

One-of-a-kind

Reviewed 2020-06-24

Pros
This app has been a game-changer for me and my team. It enabled us to collect ideas that we wouldn't collect otherwise if not for the existence of Ideanote alone. I love how easy and intuitive it is to share and encourage anyone to participate in it. Having a shareable link also allows us to collect input for people out of our organization. I am looking forward to using this app for many years to come.

Cons
There is a bug in the font settings, it will continuously shift between fonts like the entire screen is flickering and you wouldn't be able to click anywhere on the screen. It was pretty annoying and I hope they would fix it soon.

AJ Rollsy

It just WORKS

Reviewed 2020-06-21

Seamless and easy to apply. I recommend it without hesitation.

Pros
The temptation with SaaS is to build in so much functionality that it tries to do everything. I actually like that IdeaNote does it's few central things elegantly and intuitively. It is plenty powerful enough in it's ability to bring the best out of the individual brains of small teams, and into projects.

Cons
The analytics collation and visualization in the enterprise level looks amazing. I can't wait to dig into that and make it part of our weekly team meetings.

Thierry Chadelaud

Very usefull product for brainstorming and building ideas

Reviewed 2020-07-15

Pros
This feedback is based on my own experience with this product only. Ideanote is very easy to learn. There is no difficulty to adopt the product because it is very intuitive. It's simple to share ideas with others even if there are externals. Ideanote facilitates creativity and the sharing of ideas, the testing of a project and its evaluation. It is very useful when working with collaborators or customers who are very mobile in their professional practices and who need effective tools to share ideas or projects in good conditions. I noticed that the adoption of the Ideanote solution is done naturally by all participants, even by those who are not comfortable with the IT tools.

Cons
It should be usefull to have a sort of plugin or a "virtual printer" to easily copy and send a content from a software to ideanote (drawing, URL...). You should "click" a button and send a content to ideanote.

Feras N. Zeidan

A Great Tool For All Your Innovation Needs!

Reviewed 2020-06-25

Ideanote made it really easy for me and my team to generate, implement and measure ideas. it has helped us switch from a multi tool set up to a simple and powerful set up to run our ideation exercises (internally and with our customers). i would highly recommend Ideanote.io to any organization that is among at taking its creative and idea generation game to the next level!

Pros
1-Ingenuity of the design 2- Makes Ideation a lot easier 3- Ease of Use 4- Superior Analytics 5- Ability to make the product your own

Cons
Can’t seem to find any! the product is well thought through and beautifully designed. it suits all my company’s needs

JACK Li

Just amazing

Reviewed 2020-06-24

Support was great and software is very easy to use, clean UI most importantly easy to figure out how to use it without the need to dig inside the knowledge base.

Pros
The new way of managing idea, engaged and implement them! Love the process of how you can get your team to engage/vote for the idea before actually implementing it and have everyone involved in the decision-making process. Great to see all your ideas being visualized on one page!

Cons
not that I can think of as we've only use it for a short period of time but loving it already