Ideanote Reviews

Pros

A significant part of this involves how to effectively "manage" innovation. Ideanote is a perfect tool to put some structure around how innovation is sparked, captured, evaluated and tracked.

Steve P.

Mai L.

I have just started using Ideanote and had my first mission out in the world in less than 10 minutes. It has a clean UI, is easy to use, and a wonderful way to collect date from around the world.

Marilyn D.

Cons

Off the end; the 3 dots were obscured by the image I had chosen so it was more user error than a con or problem with the system.

Marilyn D.

Lack of integration with other software which I think this is going to get changed soon anyway.

Bishal G.

It's probably a me problem and not a software problem, but thats what comes to mind as I write this review.

Brad S.

It just WORKS

Transcript

AJ R.: Hi, I'm AJ, I'm a startup founder, and I work in the marketing and education space. I'd give Ideanote,...

Great tool for compiling and keeping ideas in one place!

Transcript

Jack: Hi, my name's Jack. I'm the Managing Director of a photography company, and I give Ideanote a four...

You Never Knew You Needed An Idea Tool Until You Start Using This

I've loving my experience with it so far. This will definitely be my idea go to tool from now on.

Pros

I've used several note and idea tools. I never thought I needed one like it. It's next level and takes idea management to a new level.

Cons

It can take a bit getting used to at first just like any new tool. But once you get the hang it, you will be flowing and with new ideas with your staff, team members and even your customers.

Well thought-out solution for internal brainstorming and idea collection

I love it. Our team also loves it. We use the tool almost every day and think we will get a lot of use of this software. As our team are all remote and currently scattered in multiple cities worldwide, we can't do brainstorming all in the same room. IdeaNote is therefore very useful for us as a remote team to brainstorming. Our most common internal use cases of IdeaNote: We use it for strategic brainstorming, for collecting thoughts and suggestions on innovating existing processes, or for Founder's Weekly Ask-me-anything, and more.

Pros

IdeaNote is an excellent example of a simple idea well executed. We use IdeaNote almost daily internally for our brainstorming exercises. With IdeaNote: 1. Ideas are centralised in a single place. Hence they are easily tracked, prioritised and measured. 2. Ideas recorded promptly and adequately on IdeaNote means we can take immediate actions about them. 3. Because many of their ideas result in actions, our team members now feel much more encouraged to contribute their thoughts. They think outside of the box and are more talkative on IdeaNote about solving our business challenges. On top of this, IdeaNote has an excellent UI/UX and a very well thought out design. Not to mention the solution can be made entirely white-labelled too with CNAME!

Cons

These cons are accurate as of our usage currently Jan-2020: 1. Currently there is no granular settings for notification options 2. Currently we cannot "Make Featured" or "Force Rank" some chosen ideas 3. There is no progress indication or "decision" status for each Mission. It will be useful to be able to see some measurements of progress on each mission, as well as an ability to mark the "resolution" or "chosen ideas" for each mission. The team is very responsive to users, though. I have communicated some issues with them and have always received almost instant responses. I am sure they have taken many user feedback to implement on the roadmap, so hopefully, these cons are in their radar and will be released as future features.

IDEANOTE FOR YOUR BUSINESS

WHEN USING IDEANOTE, THE MOST OPTIMAL IS THE CONFIGURATION AND APPROVAL OF THE WORKFLOW;PROVIDED SECURITY TO OUR DATA AND INFORMATION ABOUT OUR COMPANY LIKE PRODUCTS OR NEW LINES. IT ALLOWS US TO EVALUATE OUR IDEAS WITH THIRD PARTY INTEGRATION I WOULD RECOMMEND IT BECAUSE IT IMPROVED OUR DEVELOPMENT AS A BUSINESS GROUP

Pros

IS A PLATFORM THAT HELPS US INNOVATE OUR IDEAS AND PROJECTS OF OUR ADVERTISING CAMPAIGNS. IT ALLOWS BETTER THE PROCESSES OF SELECTING PRODUCTS BY ITS METAL MAPS MANAGING THAT OUR IDEAS BE THE BEST TO IMPLEMENT. THUS IDENTIFYING THE IMPACT THAT THE IDEAS OF OUR TEAM HAVE, THUS IMPROVING THE WORKFLOW. I VERIFY THAT AN ROI IS UNIQUE

Cons

WHAT I DON'T LIKE IS THAT THE CUSTOMIZED MODELS.A LITTLE DIFFICULTY WHEN MAKING A SEMENTATION OF THE IDEAS COLLECTED

Useful tool for gathering, organizing, and acting on ideas and feedback. Great for product roadmaps.

As the founder and, still, effectively the chief product officer of a startup, there's no shortage of customer problems to solve and ideas for solving them. Inevitably, there's idea overload. Many entrepreneurs can relate to their workspaces being swamped with Sticky notes and assorted notes gathered and logged at all odd times and in multiple places – local text files on one's laptop, project management...

Pros

How it encourages the gathering and organizing of ideas by *mission*. This goal-oriented approach helps to keep the focus on the overarching objective of *solving problems*. Next best: Ideanote's delightful customer service. Swift, responsive, and kind. It bodes well for their own success as a startup. The onboarding process is also impressive and well thought out, considering that putting the tool to good use requires a patient understanding of how ideas may be categorized by missions and teams, rated internally (on a few different criteria, not just through Like votes), and then binned into and managed using Kanban-style roadmaps.

Cons

Ideanote is powerful, for how it enables the collection, sorting, ranking, and planned implementation of ideas, but some may prefer a simpler feedback gathering and roadmap management tool.

Where have you been all my ilfe?

We have a number of processes that need improvement, and Ideanote has given me the ability to engage my team at a level where they will each feel seen and heard. It's igniting innovation, and I'm thrilled.

Pros

I'm excited to ignite the innovation on my team with this easy-to-use, fun, and interactive platform. As someone who works with a remote team (we are all in different states/time zones), the ability to collaborate with each other in such a fun and intuitive way is worth its weight in gold. The platform is easy to understand and navigate thanks to all the helpful tutorial videos.

Cons

I would love to see a quick-start option for someone who is on my team, but is too busy at the moment to set up everything. I'd like her to be able to add an idea without having to jump through the set-up hoops...and then be able to set-up her profile later.

Phenomenal. Idea Management with a defined process for execution

11/10. Hands on demo with the owner, Morten. Clean UI that makes it easy to wrap my head around. I feel that I can confidently trust the business to be around in 5+ years in order to invest in it fully. Can not say the same thing for many SAAS companies, so this is a great achievement

Pros

Simple UI and mission centre for organizing everyone's ideas. The analytics section looks very powerful however I've just started with my journey so haven't been able to populate my org with data just yet. The ability to share ideas as separate landing pages and allow for public and/or private views based on permissions really open up a lot of great use cases, also.

Cons

I feel there may be difficulty to get buy in from stakeholders. Not something Ideanote has control over however like a lot of technology it requires use from people in order for the features to flourish. Ideanote did provide me a guide after a one on one demo to show how to optimize the implementation process, and this has some great tips!

Great Idea Great Implementation

Quick, simple with a lot of potential. Support was always quick and very friendly - which is really the key to this whole thing.

Pros

The simplicity of use as well and the focus on one core customer problem - executed really well.

Cons

It's more of a preference than anything else, but the pricing is geared for developed countries, not for developing countries - where this product would really be useful. Also, the limited amount of users that can use the system makes it counter-productive for consulting agencies to use in large ideation sessions - but I believe a workaround is on the product roadmap..

Fast Innovation is Vital to Startups- Ideanote Helps you Manage & Implement Innovative Ideas

Pros

The onboarding process was easy and brilliantly clear. I love the flywheel methodology they used in "chapters". Really easy to use and share with the team.

Cons

In some ways, it is too easy to use. Being able to implement templates and canvases could improve our ability to manage and coordinate ideas with the strategyzer and leanstack methodologies so common among startups who want to innovate fast.

Ideanote has facilitated our team to collaborate better.

Pros

We are all have ideas, and without proper management, they will not turn into anything productive or useful. Ideanote, with its simple and easy-to-understand has facilitated our team not only to manage our ideas, but also making implementation progress easier.

Cons

In this very mobile world, we need mobile app.

Ideal solution for Brainstorming the ideas with your team

For brainstorming the ideas with the teammates, gathering inputs & opinions from everyone, Ideanote is our go-to tool.

Pros

Ideanote gives us an option to grade the ideas before implementing them. That is a clear winner for us

Cons

Lack of integration with other tools to measure the impact real-time

Excellent Software for Building Engagement, Real Connections, and Feedback

This has been one of my best purchases this year. I need to pivot my business in these chaotic times and at the brainstorming and idea refinement stages Ideanote allows me to throw as many ideas out there as I have and capture them for later review. I can improve those ideas and designate them for action within the software, too. Important also for me, there is a totally functional and well-designed app so that I can capture ideas and feedback on my phone, no matter where I am. Now I just need a way to capture all the ideas I have in the shower! <grin> In short, I'm having a great experience with this program so far - and I'm only a new user so I'm sure there is more to discover.

Pros

I have about a zillion ideas in my head at any one time, and I was looking for a way to not only capture them somewhere so I wouldn't forget them, but also to try and develop and improve them. I also wanted a way to involve my colleagues and get feedback and input from my current and potential clients. Ideanote let's me do all that easily. And I do mean easily. I think I had my first few ideas captured...

Cons

I'd love a little more flexibility in renaming some things. I want Missions to be called something else, perhaps Issues, or Burning Fixes or whatever I choose for that particular audience issue. I'd also

Ideanote spurs creative thought and innovation

Ideanote is amazing for finding new marketing ideas that we would have never come up with othewise. We have a unique use case for Ideanote in that we try to crowdsource news and feature story ideas. The Ideanote software can even help brainstorm the best ideas for team bonding. The irony is that all of us are bonding on Ideanote as we are planning ways to bond as a team!

Pros

Crowdsourcing ideas is harder in a post-Covid 19 world. Without roundtable meetings and interoffice discussions that used to be commonplace, innovation has suffered for many companies. Then, we found Ideanote. Ideanote allows full discussion of ideas with a UI that is second to none. We are a news organization that can now discuss ideas for new investigations and stories along with changes to help our business grow more profitable. The visualization of ideas on Ideanote is especially gratifying, and an unlimited number of guests can be allowed to comment on any idea. Ideanote is a gamechanger for our business.

Cons

I stare at a computer all day, and I would love Ideanote even more with a "darkl mode" option. Please implement this as soon as possible. However, the UI is very pleasing to the eye. I just love having the option of dark mode - especially when I am working in the evening hours.

Innovation-Ideas Hub and amazing customer support!

Ideanote is very intuitive; the layout is very slick, inspiring and attractive. It's definitely a strong and well thought solution for any kind of business for sure. Doesn’t' matter how big or small your business is. Its great that you can even switch the platform between several different languages if you speak other languages than English!

Pros

You may have the best software tool on earth but if you don't count with the support of their creators there isn't much you can do moving ahead. The people behind Ideanote are one of the best support experiences I ever have. Not just the help or support tools they may already have available online. As a client you count with the option to do a virtual face-to-face support with them which, I found...

Cons

I haven't found any that I could nail down yet.

Great way of involving your teams and potential clients!

The Ideanote interface is extremely flexible, although there are lots of great premade templates, you can still change the look, feel, and content to anything you desire!

Pros

Outstanding way of collecting ideas from all layers by your staff and other stakeholders, even your customers/potential customers. I’m planning to use Ideanote to gather customer ideas. The tools are very simple to work with, you just need to create a project, and ask a question. You can illustrate the page where your question is displayed, then you just must share the link with the people of your choice and to wait for their answers and ideas. This product has enormous potential. The people behind Ideanote are very responsive to new suggestions. It's important to listen to your customers, members or employees.

Cons

Cannot think of any. Well, although interface adapted into most known world languages, Finnish and Swedish were still missing ;-)

Love of People + Data Analytics Results in Innovation Going Places

The mood inside the platform (UX and UI) is fun and light, making it so pleasurable to stick around and explore obvious and not so obvious potential. Customer support ready to assist, kind and generous. Help documentation useful and varied in format (articles, videos, pop-ups etc) so onboarding is cared for.

Pros

I love the multi-faceted and cross-pollination capabilities of the platform. So you can be ambitious in addressing multiplicity of topics and/or audiences (internal, external), and drive consultation and collaboration across sectors that often don’t talk to each other or find it difficult. Also surprises with flexible and polyvalent widgets that allow to collect feedback on external landing pages/websites,...

Cons

It is great that you can use the platform in different languages, although I’d like to be able to further customize language by missions or teams. This would facilitate simultaneous initiatives across different speaking audiences.

I seriously had no idea how awesome this Saa was until I tried it each day for 2 weeks (No Brainer!)

Pros

The software was unbelievably well designed and what appears as a lot of whitespace initially is there for a reason. There is no clutter except the clutter that you make as you slowly pull each idea from your mind, whether ordinary or amazing, it comes out. From a leaders perspective, the structure of the Software helps you word your problem or painpoint articulately and encourages your team or selected brainstrust to run with your issue and come up with fantastic solutions. Your group can be anything from yourself tosome rediculous number that I will never have at my fingertips.

Cons

As I mentioned in the Pros, at first the software was very bland in the sense that there was a lot of whitespace but this changes very soon the second you start populating your ideas and getting input from other team members.

This is exactly the tool I have always needed

I give this software a 20/10. There is so many ways I will apply team for both myself, my team and the communities that we work with. The process of Refining and developing our ideas will never get any easier than this!

Pros

I am that dude that is always working on a new idea and I usually use a combination of a bunch of software to not only keep track of my ideas, their progress but also to get feedback. Ideanote is a gamechanger for me! Not only for myself but for my entire team. The ease of use and the ability to easily collaborate with my team to refine idea is simply mind-blowing and every single steps gets tracked. Our social enterprise works a lot within community so the potential of this tool to also help us gather feedback from the community is limitless as it allows us to collect feedback and ideas outside of our organization with limited hassle for our community. I am excited to use ideanote to its full potential!

Cons

It is really hard to say. I think the limit on the storage space which is 50 GB is something but really we will definitely not reach that but you can also link external files to easily avoid reaching that limit. We don't deal with a lot of heavy files in our day to day and when they are that heavy, we will just store them in our google drive.

Impress the customers

My overall impression is great. Everything seems well organized and thought through. The initial challenge is that it is very different from just adding tasks to the backlog as most developers are used to. It takes time to get used to it. Don't move everything at once or you may risk giving up. Define a few areas you want to improve, create missions to collect those ideas, and go from there. Everything is straightforward and easy to learn once you get used to it. Keeping ideas separate from tasks helps me focus and be more productive.

Pros

Ideanote feels very professional and the user interface is fantastic. Having a dedicated tool to collect and manage ideas takes idea management to the next level. Streamlining your workflow from idea to implementation is amazing but what is even better is the impression it creates. For customers and co-workers alike the message is clear - you value their opinion. It makes them more inclined to share feedback because they believe it will make a real difference since you put time and money into properly managing their ideas.

Cons

Not really a con but rather something I would love to see in the future is more integrations. Ideanote extracts the innovation and brainstorming part out of your project management system but does not replace it. Ideanote focuses on what it does best, managing ideas, and that is a good thing but once you have collected, organized, and prioritized the ideas it is time to move that task into a project management system. Introducing Zapier integration or even better a real open API solution will solve that problem.

Idea Generation & Collaboration Tool

I've spent years using mind-maps and other note taking apps to jot down ideas. I have so many ideas that I just filed them away in so many different apps and locations which made it difficult to find ideas, share the ideas, and then to develop them. But, Ideanote makes it easier to capture all my ideas the precise moment they come to me and then top share and work on those ideas with my team and customers....

Pros

The UI is gorgeous. And the UX makes it so easy to navigate around. Most of the options are self-explanatory. There is a very slight learning curve. Within minutes of signing up for an a/c I was able to find out how to map my creativity by creating missions and adding ideas to them. I can't wait to invite my team and customers and have them populate the site with ideas.

Cons

I would like to see an integration with my favorite project management tool: Niftypm.

Ideanote is truly an innovation

With my marketing team, we discuss a lot but we often lose the ideas exchanged and sometimes difficult to find the old post it notes with ideas mentioned in the past. With Ideanote all ideas are stored and organized

Pros

First of all, I really liked the user interface. Modern, clean and efficient. Ideanote is truly an innovation. I never thought that such a tool could exist. At first I was reluctant but when I signed up for free I was able to test Ideanote for 14 days and understood its power and usefulness. Today, I use it internally to develop our ideas but also to collect ideas from our clients. Ideanote is really easy to use, you just need to create a project and ask a question. Then share the link with the members of your team, the people of your choice or your customers and prospects and collect their answers and ideas. If you wanted to innovate and stay tuned to your target audience then do not hesitate to order this application. I am sure you will not be disappointed!

Cons

Some French translations to improve. But I'm sure the Ideanote team will do whatever it takes to correct this

Ideanote.io - Ideas will never get lost again

◉ I am still learning all the features of the product and will certainly explore more

Pros

A quick review of Ideanote.io: ◉ The User Interface is very easy to use and grouping ideas is simple to do ◉ Using the ready made templates makes it easy to get started ◉ Sharing ideas to collaborate with a larger group is easily done via the share button ◉ Customising the Ideanote.io portal using your own domain was straightforward ◉ Insights reporting gives you a good global representation of idea generation

Cons

◉ I would like to see more training videos highlight all the strengths of the product ◉ There are so many features so more training would be valuable

The exact point to bring an idea from your mind to reality.

Pros

I have ADHD and whenever an idea occurs to me, I write it down on a piece of paper and then I don't remember where I write it down. But thanks to IdeaNote I have found a way to preview my ideas and see if they will be effective or not. I confess that when I write an idea, I send it to my wife for her feedback. She loves this format and as a psychologist she has seen that it has helped me focus. ✅ Clean interface ✅ Very simple to use ✅ Great for collecting ideas and feedback

Cons

✅ Mobile app would be awesome ✅ Different widgets for idea collection

Don't Miss Out On Sharing Ideas

Pros

In an era where open innovation is encouraged, idea management apps are a good proposition. Ideanote delivers what it promises. It's UI is clean and offers an easy to follow user experience. It can be utilized as an idea sharing portal or you can embed specific questions to your website to collect ideas from your visitors. I find the ability to bring our internal team together with our external stakeholders valuable. White labeling and customization options are important for strengthening the team identity and encouraging participation. Finally, Ideanote provides a high level of customer service.

Cons

The cost may be too high for small businesses. They could consider offering special pricing for startups in the future. Today's small teams and entrepreneurs may become the enterprises of tomorrow, and both segments are Ideanote's target market.

Be Organised, Keep organised, Share Ideas

Really loving it and just helping me organise my own ideas makes it worth the time and cost of using it.

Pros

I like the way you create a mission for a question and then just invite people to interact. Customers are your best supporters and will help you improve your product rather than going elsewhere.

Cons

I would love to share more ideas but concerned how to switch between public and private ideas without needing a private board and a public one Annoyingly for a big Grammarly user, the tet boxes don't take Grammarly checking?

Wonderful idea implemented beautifully

It was a very easy onboarding for our team since we did not have an idea management software other than the trusty old Excel. However, Ideanote took everything to a new level with very minimal effort. Since I have a relatively young team who is used to Social media, getting onboarded to IdeaNote was a no brainer for them. It's working is intuitive and most of my team could get the hang of it pretty quickly without any additional training. Now we keep track of all ideas and we are able to collaborate and track them effectively, thanks to Ideanote

Pros

Very easy to get started. Create Mission, Share mission with audience, Collect ideas.. simple as that! Managing ideas using the Kanban style format is one of my favorite features. Overall the UI is easy to navigate and looks clean. The development team is very open to feature requests! I love that.

Cons

Missing a few features I would love to see. I am sure the team will get it all implemented as per their product roadmap. There is nothing in the current feature set that I am not a fan of. Everything is there for a reason and it does it work beautifully.