Really Simple Systems CRM Reviews

User ratings

4.4

• Likelihood to recommend8.6/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

The service from RSS has been outstanding and they help to provide solutions and alternatives quickly and as best as they can.

CD

Charlie D.

I have really enjoyed using RSS for my day to day administration and for quoting purposes. It is an effective platform with lots of good features and work arounds.

Marie W.

AS

Abby S.

It's annoying whem the system times out without warning and you can lose your work. The interface feels a little "old" but really that's just nit picking.

CW

Chris W.

This however makes it very difficult for anybody but me to understand where we are with each customer in our sales and follow up cycle. I always struggle to maintain order with this.

Carl W.

Some of the terms used to describe the different sections of data are confusing and require getting used to. The short amount of time before you are logged out again.

HL

Hannah L.

Really Simple Systems CRM users...

Zoho CRM-logocaret

Act!-logocaret

Act!

Salesforce Sales Cloud-logocaret

Salesforce Sales Cloud

How would you rate Really Simple Systems CRM?

Cost effective CRM for small business

We have grown our business with this CRM, and when we were starting out it gave us a lot of "bang for our bucks", the experience has been excellent.

Pros

Having an awareness of the cost of some of the well known CRM platforms e.g. salesforce, dynamics, the thing that strikes you is that the cost of these is prohibitive for an SME with @30 light CRM users. RSS is different. The bottom line is that they offer excellent value for small businesses. I would view this as their USP. They have a responsive team and have constantly improved the CRM over the...

Cons

Nothing to complain about, happy. Maybe preferred the earlier version which let you know the last time a record was updated and by who.

Thanks for the review Chris! FYI the new version CRM does still let you know the last time a record was updated and by who. At the top of your screen, next to the account name, there's a little clock symbol. Hover over this and the information will appear. Regards

Easy to use and implement

I am currently working towards switching to Really Simple Systems CRM after a very successful trial. Switching from my current user made me look at which functions I actually use and allowed me to streamline our requirements, which I believe will make us more efficient.

Pros

This software appealed to me instantly because it is so intuitive and adaptable. The custom fields creation was very easy to pick up.

Cons

Time will tell but at the moment it looks good.

An inexpensive alternative.

Pros

It is inexpensive compared to the competition and easy to use.

Cons

The Mail marketing tool lacksin customization options. You can drag and drop some premade sections, but can't do much more than that.

Exactly as the name suggsets

RSS has given us the ability to view and track our customer pipeline at a very reasonable cost. Something we haven't been able to do with our previous CRM system.

Pros

RSS was extremely easy to deploy into the business, allowing us to view and track our customer pipeline.

Cons

Some aspects of the reporting can be quite limiting, such as not being able to include contact information on an Opportunity report

Good software for smaller companies

Pros

Easy to use and train staff on. Support is excellent

Cons

as the company grows it is becoming an expensive CRM, so may not be cost effective for much longer

Small start up business

Pros

The best features was the ease of use, value for money and customer support.

Cons

Could do with a more segmented costing to allow a small start up business quickly move up the features.

One of the best CRM tools out there!

I really like it's simplicity.

Pros

Really Simple Systems was recommended to me by one of my clients and having used Hubspot and Soffront before I found it really easy and straightforward to use. The layout is intuitive and it doesn't need much explanation to get to grips with the features of the software.

Cons

Would be great to have an extra page for the accounts that have bought, so they can leave the pipeline and it just leaves the prospects on the accounts page.

A good product

Like I say we are a growing SME business so we find really simple systems is ideal to develop a system to manage our customer relations and to develop new customers. Over all it has been a rewarding experience to use then product.

Pros

It is very easy to get to grips with compared to the likes of Hubspot. We are a new company so are just starting to grow and organize our client list. We find the email advertising features for the emails really good and we have produced some good quality results using the system.

Cons

we have not used it long enough to be really critical and any issues we have had support has sorted really quickly

Moduflow CRM

CRM package meets all of our needs. I find the technical response patchy and they try to deal with everyone at arms length, which isn't always helpful.

Pros

The capture of our email traffic for each account is a must. Once you understand the basics the CRM system is easy to understand

Cons

As I've said previously REALLY SIMPLE SYSTEMS should offer set up packages and training when companies begin to start working with the system. In some business people don't have enough time to play around with the programs to investigate how it all works. They need to be able to hit the ground running.

Andrew, thank you for your CRM review. It's great to hear that our CRM is meeting your needs. However, it's possible you have missed out on one of our customer support services. Included in your subscription is the opportunity to book a call with our Technical Customer Success team who will help you get the most from the system. This can be with training, custom settings, running reports, and any other aspects of the system that you'd like to find out more about. If you contact us on ask@reallysimplesystems.com we can set up an appointment for you, but I will also email you directly. Kind regards

Affordable with the features and functions we need

Pros

the tools providers a simple platform for managing contacts, pipeline and schedules.

Cons

The email marketing tool doesnt have a plain text option.

Ideal for Our Needs with Lots of Hidden Treasures Still To Uncover

It has been very simple to grasp and exciting to see there is so much more which can be done with the system. It provides us with a vital reference log of all activity we undertake with, for and on behalf of our 250+ member businesses. Technical support has also been very good too - we reported a time-stamp bug and it was fixed within 24 hours.

Pros

I am new to the organisation and new to this particular software. However, in my daily use of the program, I can see how it easily solves our basic contact data-base requirements. It's straight-forward, user-friendly and logical. Its user interface is easy to follow and it has become an invaluable piece of software in my working day to ensure our smooth running of our organisation - supporting the 250+ businesses across the industrial estates we serve. There are lots of additional utilities and functions which we need to explore further to fully appreciate the wider opportunities it offers - this in itself is a further 'Pro' as it highlights the comprehensiveness of the system.

Cons

Very little to criticize. The only negative experience I have had was regarding the automatic email integration option. We thought this would be an ideal solution to avoid us having to copy/paste email correspondence as separate activity entries for the relevant contact. Unfortunately, for our specific reporting/logging needs, the automated option didn't present the emails in an appropriate manner - formatting was lost, previous messages were included and the end result was cumbersome to navigate. As a result, we switched this option off and reverted back to our manual approach which better meets our layout and quick reference needs.

Clair, thank you for your review of Really Simple Systems. I am very pleased to the CRM it is working well for you. If you would like to investigate other features in the system, you might be interested to set up a call with our Technical Customer Success team. Do get in touch on ask@reallysimplesystems.com and we will send you a diary link to book a date. We can also take a look the email integration problem you have described and get this working for you. Kind regards

My Review

Overall it has been a great system for me and the team and we manage to do what we need.

Pros

Accounts, Tasks, Contacts are all fantastic. I really love the feature where within an account, there is a google API integration so you can see a sateilleite view of your customers and gauge the size of the business which is useful for us and the industry we sell to. I also think an excellent feature is being able to look at nearby accounts too, and has a range and mileage bar which you can move to your desire. Custom reporting is really good too, but it would be better if we could have more than 16-20 custom fields.

Cons

I dislike the fact all support is done via email, despite the email support being very good, sometimes we require complex and bespoke functions and need help to understand how to achieve what we want, and this is difficult to explain via email at times, and would be alot easier to talk it through with someone. I also am hoping the marketing module improvements come soon, as i would love to send emails...

Ian, thank you for your review. That's great feedback and I'm glad to hear the system is working well for you. Additional custom fields and telephone support is included in your price plan, so I apologise if we haven't been so active in picking up the phone. I have asked our support manager to get in touch and set up a call to discuss your requirements. Kind regards

Does just what it promises, quickly and cheaply. Very easy to learn and good training too.

As a micro business owner, I have to do everything from developing to sales and marketing, and I suspect like many geek-run businesses like mine, I love the first part and loathe the latter. I'd found a few tools that do a limited number of things very well and help my business in other ways, like Trello, Toggl, gmail and so on, but I was struggling to find a CRM equivalent. I'd tried a few SAAS...

Pros

The freemium model is enough to get anyone new to CRM started quickly. It's all "pay as you go", and you can bolt features on as needed. I wanted something that tells me what, when and how I did something, to whom and when, what the outcome was, and will then nag me to do the next thing. And, for me, RSS does all that perfectly. They also run free webinars which are also recorded in case you can't make it on the day. These are worth watching - I found I was missing several tricks and now get even more out of the system. I'm particularly impressed with the email integration which saves the whole endless copying and pasting debacle. It really is simple, but perfect at what it does.

Cons

All of that said, yes, the interface does look a little tired. However, I've seen the new version which should be launched by late summer 2016 and it's really impressive. They've rewritten it with a responsive interface which works much better than the current version on a mobile. Because the underlying functionality won't be changing significantly, they're going to let users initially choose whether to be "early adopters" of the new interface, which is a nice touch as change sometimes scares people!

Its a Really Simple System, it really is!!

Great!! I love it! does exactly what i need and I am only using the tip of the iceberg as far as its far reaching functionality. I couldnt manage my business without it.

Pros

I use this software everyday. I love the customisable customer data fields and search functions, which allow me to record customer information with an immediate snapshot of their current holdings, needs and contacts

Cons

I have no issues with RSS at all, I have only scratched the surface of what the product can do and need to invest some time into more of the automated services, like marketing and email campaigns etc. But with everything it is getting the time to delve into to these powerful tools!!

Really Simple Systems - SIMPLES!

Fantastic Software - never had any issues with it, customer support is fantastic and I would recommend this to anyone looking for a CRM system

Pros

I use this every day, fantastic entry level customer relationship datatbase software. Allows you to manage your customers, tasks documents, emails etc etc etc - basically does everything you need it to and I have only just scratched the surface

Cons

I would like the ability to be able to multi select tasks and move them to a specified date. There may be an option to do this already, but currently I am manually moving them, which can be time consuming

Stuart, thank you for posting a review of Really Simple Systems and glad to hear it's a good fit for you. We are just working on a new calendar view for tasks which may address what you are looking to do. This will be released in the next month or so. You can, of course, always get in touch and tell us your feature requests and we'll do our best to address your needs. Kind regards

The Best CRM System Out There!

Excellent!

Pros

Ease of use is very important to our organisation and RSS CRM scores very high in this regard. The system is also very intuitive to setup and edit on an as neede basis. The marketing and sales funnel tools are really helpful to the entire team.

Cons

Maybe the email integration could have been designed a little better and easier to use.

Excellent for small business

The greatest benefit is sharing of customer/contact information internally across team members in an easy fashion at a reasonable price.

Pros

We selected this software for the ease of use. In addition, there was little required for our employees to access immediately. After using this for half a year, it continues to meet and exceed those expectations. Logging in is done through a browser and does not require additional software. Sharing contact information, outstanding tasks for clients, and client specific documents are all easy tasks that are quite intuitive. Also adding new users requires very little effort since there is no software required for to install on an employees computer.

Cons

There are several activities that are a bit clunky/annoying. When adding revenue, it is treated as an opportunity instead of simply entering the revenue for a client. Several apps within the program will also mark this revenue with the British pound instead of the U.S. dollar despite the fact that our settings are on USD. Additionally for reminders you have to use your google calendar instead of the system sending you reminders. When setting these reminders in Google calendar, it always incorrectly translates the date/time to GMT despite the fact that our calendars are on EST. So you have to be careful to reset the correct day/time when entering in to your Google Calendar. We would greatly prefer a reminder system within the program itself instead of the current clunky process.

Thank you for your feedback. I will report the errors you mention regarding currencies and time zones to our Development Team to take a look at. In the meantime, if you would like to contact our Support Team on support@reallysimplesystems.com we can correct these settings for you. Regards.

Simple Effective CRM System

Use it for my own software business and 3 other software clients based in New Zealand and UK and it can be used from complete sales pipeline management through to lead generation, depending what my clients need, simple customisation of database fields and screens makes it user configurable a must for different client requirements.

Pros

It was the simplest CRM system I have used compared to a long list of CRM systems used over the last 15 years, it is modern and I can use it on any device I like and web browser effectively. marketing functionality built into the CRM database beats those that need to use 3rd party applications like Mailchimp, everything thats needed is in one system that is evolving and improving over time

Cons

The data conversion and bringing in data was a challenge trying to get it to work, but the support team simply imported the data for me when it was required, data import/export functionality has been improved.

Great software

We use primarily for the service & support to log customer instrument faults - RSS helps massively as anything related to the case or customer is in one place. Being able to attach correspondence is great.

Pros

Its very easy to use and being able to tweak fields and add extra boxes is very beneficial in a small business as our needs are constantly changing. Support is great - always reply or sort within 1-2 days.

Cons

It's a shame that the tasks aren't linked with outlook possibly to give you an active reminder instead of you looking at the task list. Also, items that have gone red in the opportunities list - if these could be visible on the front screen with the urgent tasks reminder, this would be good. As we use the service & support mainly - its good but it could be really improved if it had a planning tool...

I think it is absolute quality and value for money, and easy to use

I think they are an impressive team with a great product.. As I said, they got all the core elements right to make it a fantastic choice, especially for the SME market..

Pros

Superb CRM for doing the basics really well and giving you a lot of power for your pounds/Dollars. Support is quick and efficient, I have set up, integrated and modified and added data to an account and had it up and running inside 48 hours... How's that for ease of use!!

Cons

having sat here trying to think that one out, I don't have a con... or at least I haven't found one yet!

Use of CRM

When I have needed help with something I have had a quick and useful response very quickly. I find it easy to use for what I need.

Pros

The most important things to me are:- tracking of emails with each customer, tracking of quotation/sales confirmations with each customer. Checking where we are up to with opportunities.

Cons

I have not used this with any other system, but I cannot fathom out the report side of things, but neither have I asked for help using it so far either.

A Perfect 'Fit'!

Im very satisfied at the moment with RSS CRM. It keeps our accounts very organized which is extremely important for my organization.

Pros

Really Simple Systems has taken account management to a whole new level for my organization. Before using RSS we were using Google Sheets to manage all of our accounts, but with our accounts increasing each year, we needed something simple and easy to use. RSS not only made account management simple and easy, but the set-up is so clearly organized, there's so many options to run different reports, and the customer support is outstanding. What I love most is that each account get's their own profile and within each profile I can upload documents or add an activity such as noting a quote which for my organization is important to track.

Cons

It took some time to learn how to use the system to its full potential, or at least the potential i needed for my organization's purpose, but the customer service support was and still is amazing in helping me learn the system.

Excellent relational database

We have found it invaluable that we have been able to transpose information previously held on our own systems or within our heads on to the CRM. with the information that we are now recording in one place and the subsequent reporting that this facilitates, we have been able to glean valuable insights into various areas of our business. It has also allowed us an overview of business performance

Pros

We have valued the ability to build our own accounts screen so that we are able to record and report on areas specifically relevant to our business. The reporting function has been game changing for us, providing new insights into our client base and referral activities. The software is so easy to use which has made embedding it into our operational practices an easy task. The ability to link accounts has proved very useful too.

Cons

We would value further fields on the accounts screen so that we can increase our use of the reporting function.

A Game Changer!

After being a bit overwhelmed by a number of different CRMs out there, I was determined to find something very basic with A) a limited amount of fields (but enough to do the job), B) affordability, C) excellent support and D) ease of use on mobile. Really Simple Systems has delivered on all counts- and then some. I sent an email to support mentioning that, although I love the software, I had two...

Pros

Affordability. Ease of use. Mobile interface. Unparalleled Customer Support.

Cons

None.

Hi Chris Thanks for your endorsement. I'm not sure every development request happens quite so quickly but we do try our best! Fortunately, with a simple CRM like ours there is a lot we can do to to accommodate our customers so we are pleased to hear it has been so successful for you. Best regards Helen Armour Marketing Manager

Easy to use CRM

If nothing else the audibility of customer interactions, this allows us to see any \ all communications with the customer.

Pros

Only pay for the functionality you need. Some other CRM's include marketing, systems management, financials, etc. but if you don't need them don't buy them. Its a very easy system for users to pick up, comprised of a core architecture: Customers \ Companies = Accounts Contacts = the customers name, email, telephone Tasks = To Do list Activities = records the history of what you've done with that customer Opportunties = Won or lost sales records Then there's the reporting, where anything you put into Really Simple Systems can be interrogated, not just the content of certain restricted fields.

Cons

We're looking to do some integration and other CRM platforms easily allow this through API services, such as IFTTT or Zapier, Really Simple Systems only provide an API. You can of course code this into whatever you want, but will require time.