SurveyGizmo Reviews

SurveyGizmo

We put feedback in the hands of those who can take action.

4.52/5 (267 reviews)

Pros
  • Am constantly impressed with the top quality customer support and service given. M very impressed with the quality of service, platform, software and people helping at the front lines.Jan I.Read the full review
  • I like the format of the surveys and they are easy to navigate. I think the variety of question types are nice as well as the ability to customize surveys.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • The main benefits was the ease of use and the ability to improve your survey score by reaching out to negative reviewers to see how you can better change their poor experience.Kenneth C.Read the full review
Cons
  • I do not like the price of SurveyGizmo, it is very expensive to pay each of the plans proposed by SurveyGizmo, however, beyond the prices, I have not given any other error or any interruption.Carole K.Read the full review
  • It's awful now to have to ask questions. You have to call or email and email can take days to get a response.Kathryn C.Read the full review
  • Maybe just a lack of personnel on their end. Styling of surveys can be rather tedious, with no way of being able to set a standard look and feel across all of your forms.Peter W.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Anna Gonzalez

SurveyGizmo vs Qualtrics

Reviewed 2020-01-31

Pros
Super easy to use and navigate. Love the design features.

Cons
Certain functionality is difficult like using translation and survey navigation features.

Anonymous

Quite good, just a bit pedestrian sometimes

Reviewed 2019-07-04

Pros
Has a lot of nice features and looks pretty good on mobile

Cons
Can't check survey results on mobile Survey design takes a little longer than it should Translations are a pain to do

Joshua Valentine

Great for deploying the deep dive survey strategy created by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Reviewed 2020-04-18

I use survey gizmo to execute [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] deep dive survey strategy. It helps me do exactly that quickly, and easily. My over all experience has been a good one.

Pros
What I like most about Survey Gizmo is it allows you to set up the exact type of survey you need, no matter how simple or complex. Then you can export the data you extracted exactly as you want it. This allows me to use SurveyGizmo to deploy the deep dive survey strategy, collect answers from facebook ad traffic, and export the data to excel in the proper format to run analysis on it.

Cons
I honestly, don't have too many complaints about this software. The only thing I believe they could do better is add more templates. It's a pretty solid platform.

Anonymous

Greedy and unconscionable. Totally inflexible in servicing customers. Love to take the money.

Reviewed 2018-07-06

Was able learn about some of the functions of a survey provider and how they can be used to create quizzes and surveys in creative ways.

Pros
Some of their features at the time were only supported by them. This is changing very quickly. There are several other terrific providers in the marketplace who now support the features that were only available with SG.

Cons
I had to pay them dollar's over the last 5+ years to host 2 surveys with extremely light traffic just as a storage because they were not forthcoming about their downgrade and storage policies. The features I needed - advanced quizzes and calculations - were only available on their platform. I asked them several times my options for downgrading to a lower plan because I was not using the platform but I did not want to loose my data and the work I had done. Their answers were extremely vague knowing full well that they were getting a free ride on the $/month I was paying just for storing a few MB of data. In the meantime, they changed the pricing plans so that the original plan would now cost me $/month. My old plan went on a "legacy plan" where I could not use many of the features like questions libraries. I have now switched to a provider who supports everything that SG does, does it 10 times better than them - both style and function - and does it at half the price.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Susanna Ross

SurveyGizmo Review

Reviewed 2020-02-19

We create so many surveys and put them onto Survey Gizmo over the last 6+ years. To easily download results into useful and standard formats makes research move quickly and without a hitch.

Pros
The ability to set up the surveys in SurveyGizmo is very straightforward and logical. So easy, too. You do have to plan the survey well to ensure the questions are in a good order, etc, but that is with any software tool. The results delivered in multiple formats (.pdf and downloadable .csv) give the user tools to both view early results quickly and unidimensionally, and to manipulate the data actively.

Cons
There are several steps required to ensure survey questions are correctly added, and the software knows how to treat each question. However, this set of steps is great for learning and causing one to think about the logic of the survey and potential results.

Trent Fletcher

SurveyGizmo Review

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-07-24

This program has been helpful and we use it off and on based on the types of surveys we need to conduct through out the year.

Pros
This platform has some features that need that other platforms do not like Survey Monkey.

Cons
The ease of use is not as great as I would expect or like it to be.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Dustin Dennison, M.MIS.

Fantastic Survey Tool

Reviewed 2018-01-19

For many years we have been very happy with this product and the features it has. Unfortunately they are increasing the price to a point where we may have to switch. If it fits into your budget I would definitely recommend. 10/10.

Pros
SurveyGizmo is my organization's main survey tool. We use it for our board of directors election, conference and webinar evaluations as well as consent forms for studies. The full suite of question types along with logic and piping make product a clear standout in the industry. I haven't seen any company that comes close to offering the options and capabilities that this tool does.

Cons
Price - the price is rapidly increasing. Albeit they are continuing to offer new functionality along with that price. Customer Support - Although the customer support is very GOOD it is not quite what it used to be. As the company has expanded they have become more restrictive on the level and type of support they offer. 5 years ago we could call and instantly get help from very knowledgeable techs. Now you have to go through more steps and they try to do their support over chat as much as possible.

Ryan Engley

Excellent Tool for Ongoing Customer Feedback for SAAS

Reviewed 2014-06-27

We try to make sure all initiatives at Unbounce are customer driven, so we need ways to keep tabs on customer feedback, and continually assess customer satisfaction. I initially adopted Survey Gizmo to send a one-off survey to our customers. They survey & reports were easy to set up and their support team was absolutely phenomenal (so much so, they've become a *huge* inspiration for the way we run our support team at Unbounce. They set a hiiiiiiigh bar!). The surveys we run through Survey Gizmo helps us inform our product team of product requests and UX issues, it helps our customer success team know what kinds of content we should create and how we can better support our customers, and it helps give visibility into the various KPIs we use to evaluate our team's performance. We now have several surveys that are emailed to our customers at certain milestones in their lifecycle, and the feedback we get from them is absolutely critical.

Pros
Easy to use visual survey builder PHENOMENAL customer support Great integrations with 3rd party tools (Google Spreadsheets, email notifications etc.)

Cons
When trying to edit multiple survey fields in succession, there is some animation this slows things down a bit. It's certainly no deal breaker, but I feel like I need to add a con of some sort.

Valeria Feo

Pretty good, but could use improvement

Reviewed 2019-12-12

Overall, SurveyGizmo allows our teams to easily program and distribute simple surveys. It includes great functions, like the ability to have a dashboard.

Pros
SurveyGizmo is relatively user-friendly and has some great survey features. We use Gizmo to program many of our simple surveys and it is usually quite reliable.

Cons
The variable names automatically created in SurveyGizmo are not at all intuitive and are quite annoying to adjust. Gizmo can also sometimes run into issues that affect our surveys while in field, however this doesn't happen often.

Christina Badaracco

Simple and functional for work or personal uses

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-12-11

I use this survey platform to gather feedback about the best topics and timings to hold Lunch & Learn talks at my office. We have an official office account which multiple people can use. It is easy to download a report and interpret results to make an informed decision.

Pros
It is easy to find, select, and edit a specific survey out of my entire history. I can also view and send previews and then easily view responses.

Cons
The only issue I experienced was that since multiple coworkers use the same account, I am occasionally unable to log on when others are using it at the same time.

Anonymous

I cannot recommend due to a poor CS experience.

Reviewed 2018-12-14

I cannot in good conscience recommend this product. Yes it is cheaper than Qualtrics and nearly as capable... but our CS experience was lousy when the product broke. We were put on the backburner as our contract was not as lucrative for them.

Pros
They are HIPAA compliant. They have skip logic and you can collect a lot of responses. The layout it clean, but not as clean as survey monkey. You do have the option to preview what it would look like on multiple devices.

Cons
So I spent about 6 months working with them to figure out why our survey responses were not piping from SG to our Google Spreadsheets that they had advertised it could do, and was the primary reason for us rewarding them with our business. We spent 6 months back and forth and rarely could get the dev team interested in fixing the issue. It was never resolved and thus made the real time data collection and analytics advertisement frustrated. It was challenging to the point of needing to get the CEO of our company involved to get them to take action. Again, the issue was never resolved so we resorted to using Google Forms instead.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Emily sullivan

Powerful survey tool

Reviewed 2019-02-26

Overall, we like the tool and it helps streamline our data intake process. We are able to provide online training and post-training quiz and eval, then send out certificate accordingly via Surveygizmo. Features like that are important to us. Wish they would not keep increasing your price though and turn some of the features you'd been using for years into a different price tier.

Pros
We have been a client since 2013 and definitely watched SurveyGizmo grew significantly. New features are coming out from time to time and it is getting more and more powerful. It can be a great tool for all levels of users. There are simple easy to use features but there's also room available for advanced users to do custom scripts writing, etc to bring in more robotic and automatic survey flow. It also integrates really well with Salesforce and Google Sheets, etc.

Cons
Pricing! All these years we've been with SurveyGizmo we've gone through a huge price hike. They have different tiers of pricing/user licenses. As I said, they come up with new features from time to time, but watch out, those can cost more.

Brittany Hart

Usually Does What I Need & Customer Service Is Great

Reviewed 2018-03-07

This takes care of my form and survey needs so easily. There a lot of logic rules and generated actions you can create in your forms too. You have to see how easy it is.

Pros
I haven't run into many things I can't do with SurveyGizmo that I need from my forms. There are a lot of question types, and you can make custom ones. The reports are great because most of the people I send the reports to need visuals, and SurveyGizmo does that so it's easier to understand the data. Of course it's up to you to provide insights about what that data means, but you have a great tool for gathering and reviewing the data in SurveyGizmo. Also, customer service is a team of rockstars. Very fun to troubleshoot with.

Cons
If you update a style template/sheet, your current forms using that style are NOT automatically updated. Since my organization has hundreds of forms and surveys, this is problematic. If you are in the situation where you want to redesign your forms, definitely use the styles, but be prepared to go into all of your forms/surveys and reapply the style to it, and remember to save afterward. It's annoying but not the worst, and it shouldn't happen often if you work closely with your brand leaders to make sure the design will be solid for a while.

Katherine Fosled

Nice stadistics and explanation graphics.

Reviewed 2018-02-17
Review Source: Software Advice

SurveyGizmo is a very well done software, which provides excellent long-term benefits, such as raising a company, and improving the quality of each service. Empresarilamente SurveyGizmo has benefited me a lot, since I have been able to completely change the prices of my services and each of the characteristics in my work, for a good of the client.

Pros
SurveyGizmo is very different from the other survey platforms, since this software has very good statistics of results at the end of each survey, this is the factor that complements it, every time a survey ends, the results are shown in graphs with its respective explanation.

Cons
I do not like the prices of SurveyGizmo, although this software is quite good and the functions it has, surpass any other platform, should not have such high prices, I would like more adapted and accessible prices .

Shawn Hanks

I use it for quality reports, customers surveys and training

Reviewed 2017-12-06

Pros
If you want to collect data and have control over it this is a great product. I use it to survey customers and trades. I also use it for tracking quality by making up several quality surveys. The data from them has been incredible and easy to collect. Also found out that I can use it for training and add questions and get test results, pass or fail.

Cons
The product used to be pretty affordable. Next year the prices are going up quite a bit but we still think it is worth it for the data we get from it.

Paula Rodriguez

It does not allow to change the design to the survey.

Reviewed 2018-04-18
Review Source: Software Advice

Currently it benefits the survey area in my company because with every opinion we receive from this medium, we manage to improve our infrastructure day by day, and also, we achieve constant communication with customers.

Pros
I like that SurveyGizmo has very good user support. Constantly some of my employees, have doubts, and when sending support, they can receive a response from them in a matter of minutes, it is something quite beneficial that improves long-term use.

Cons
I do not like that SurveyGizmo does not allow editing the design of a survey to your liking, in this platform the "orange" design should be for all surveys, it is annoying that they do not give the client freedom to choose the design they want.

Jason White

Excellent software! Very user friendly. Solved all our problems!

Reviewed 2018-04-16

Real time feedback and ease of organization of feedback/Lead reporting

Pros
We have a large sales force and this program made obtaining results in real time extremely easy and user friendly. Fields were also customizable so achieving the results we required was effortless. Interface was easy to navigate!

Cons
I really have not encountered any negatives with this program at all? it's done everything we have asked it to do. Perhaps the only area of possible improvement would be enhanced reporting of the numbers.

Luisana Aristizabal

Entertainment and comfort, that's what SurveyGizmo represents.

Reviewed 2018-03-07
Review Source: Software Advice

I have benefited a lot from the use of SurveyGizmo, previously I had many problems because I was totally bored doing a survey, but since I implemented this software in my company, now doing a survey is much simpler and more entertaining.

Pros
What I like most about SurveyGizmo is the interface, I've never really felt so comfortable doing a questionnaire, this platform has provided me with excellent comfort and attention so I can continue to conduct surveys on it.

Cons
I do not like the prices of SurveGizmo, this factor does not really affect so much, and it's not that interesting, but I would like the rates stipulated in the SurveyGizmo plans to be more accessible to a public with low prices.

Marielvis Graterol

A few benefits that complements each survey very well.

Reviewed 2018-04-24
Review Source: Software Advice

I have benefited from the use of SurveyGizmo because I have obtained that my surveys have better opinions, much more valuable, some opinions that really manage to change each product and that satisfy the client significantly.

Pros
I like that SurveyGizmo has a user-friendly interface, an interface so beautiful that it does not bore at any time to the person who is using it, and I also like the design of each survey, it supplements the perfection of the questionnaires.

Cons
I have no complaints about the use of SurveyGizmo, the truth has been good all this time that I have been using it, it has provided me with the necessary characteristics to achieve success in each survey that is sent.

Angelica Barest

It has a very good structure to make an excellent edition of surveys.

Reviewed 2018-03-12
Review Source: Software Advice

I have certainly benefited from its use, since I have been able to establish very good quality answers and in this way improve the image my company has, and provide surveys that are increasingly beneficial for the clients that carry it out.

Pros
What I like most about SurveyGizmo is that it allows a wide variety of options and configurations, in terms of editing a survey. The tool offers a multiplicity of possibilities to fix and fulfill a survey.

Cons
I do not like that SurveyGizmo has too much complexity to become familiar with the constructor of conditional expressions for the formulation of questions, in this way, it is very complex to understand each of the functions in this platform.

Carole Kensel

Surveys are more comfortable to perform, much more feasible.

Reviewed 2018-03-27
Review Source: Software Advice

The use of SurveyGizmo, has become something essence in my company, since it is a software that has helped us to solve every doubt of a client by means of a form of survey quite fast.

Pros
What I like most about SurveyGizmo is its interface, it is an interface where you can surf comfortably, do a survey without boredom and an interface that can make the work of a survey, much simpler and feasible.

Patrick Higgins

5 stars all the way!

Reviewed 2015-01-05

I really like using SurveyGizmo, it just seems so easy to use, to get around. I like everything about it - the colours, the styles, the icons and graphics, it's so easy to copy an old survey, extract what you need from it for the new one and discard the rest. All of it just seems so intuitive, whether it's adding logic to questions or creating reports from the completed responses, it's neat! Whenever I get stuck , thinking, is there a way to do this thing that would make it pretty cool for the public, then I have a look through the help pages where there's lots of examples and the answers usually already there, like they've already pre-empted my needs! The help is right there on the page where you are and once you've searched through it you're straight back into the survey again, which means that it's easy to pick up again from where you left off. I like the way the support runs too. They never give me the feeling that they'd rather be doing something else, I always feel as if they have time to spend pinging emails back and forth and having a bit of chat along the way, like real people (where did they find them! lol!) I've contacted the support probably 4 or 5 times when I've been really stuck and they've always provided me with the answer and even a wee bit more, like an easier way, or provided a couple of different options. This is one of those sites where you can see that technology IS smart and really can be used to work for you. If you asked me to sum all this up in a sentence, I'd have to say that, When I'm using SurveyGizmo it gives me the feeling that I'm going with the flow.

Annie Florend

Surveys with more diversity and more entertaining.

Reviewed 2018-03-27
Review Source: Software Advice

My use of SurveyGizmo has benefited me because we have managed to provide a much more pleasant survey in my company, with more diversity and integration.

Pros
I really like that SurveyGizmo is a software with many features and functions when creating a survey, it allows you to implement multiple things to give life to each survey and make it more entertaining.

Cons
I do not like the prices of SurveyGizmo, even though their functions are very good and go far beyond reality, they should lower prices so that they maintain a facility when accessing them.

Chense Proast

The prices should go down immediately and make them adapted.

Reviewed 2018-03-14
Review Source: Software Advice

I have benefited from its use in my work area because I have managed to obtain a more graphic response or opinion, an opinion that increases utility and greatly improves efficiency.

Pros
I really like the easy adaptation that SurveyGizmo has, and also how generous it is to allow access from any device and offer the ability to create a survey using a mobile phone.

Cons
I do not like the prices of SurveyGizmo, since they surpass the price and I see it as a high risk factor, it is a very expensive tool and it does not have so many innovative functions.

Anonymous

Proficient Data Analytics Tool aka 'Data in a Snap'!

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-12-09

SurveyGizmo has allowed us to obtain collective opinions on a variety of topics--whether it was satisfaction after a training event, or a manager 360--this tool has helped us simplify the process and be leagues ahead on understanding and evaluating where we are at on a particular topic.

Pros
By far, one of the easiest surveying tools out there to use. It takes almost zero time to orient yourself to the design tool, even if you are a novice, and little time to create a survey if you have prepared questions from which you are working. You can rearrange the questions on a whim, preview the survey in test mode and invite others to do the same. The results will display in charts and graphs for a snapshot of the outcome and exports to a variety of formats for quick use.

Cons
There isn't much capability for customization for the look and feel of the survey. If you are wanted to stand on 'brand' or communicate a particular 'tone' with your survey, this will make it challenging. The .pdf export option doesn't download in an organized format - tends to be a bit all over the place.