Ramp Reviews

4.9

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.62/10

Reviews by rating

They have been very responsive to our needs. It brings me joy knowing that our employees love using it because it means receipts are being turned in on time.
The best thing about this software is the receipt capture. The reminder text that is sent to snap a picture at the time of purchase is so wonderful.
We love the cash back and partner benefits as well as the dashboard that displays our monthly spend in each of our departments. Integration with Sage Intacct was super easy and intuitive.
So the card may stop working at any given time according to the fluctuations of cash flow in your bank account.
All of the feature requests I want are already coming soon: like restricting a payment card to a specific vendor. More personal fraud and audit controls - will make this even more indispensable.

HJ

Heather J.

Executive Assistant

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Ramp Review: Looking forward to see more of what Ramp can do!

Transcript

Heather: Hi, I'm Heather. I'm the executive assistant at Boys and Girls Country, and I give Ramp a five...

KS

Kenny S.

Executive Pastor

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Ramp Review: Ramp Has Been a Game-Changer

Transcript

Kenny S.: Hi, my name's Kenny and I'm the executive pastor at First Baptist Church in Clinton, Mississippi,...

Enrique A.

Construction, 51-200 employees

A user-friendly expense reporting platform that rewards YOU when you use it!

Pros

The Ramp platform makes it easy to do everything that a corporate card administrator or user might need to: issue new cards, assign expense policies, code transactions, integrate with accounting software, suspend or terminate cards, adjust spending limits. Part of the reason we switched to Ramp is the fact that we can administer our card program almost entirely online, without having to call into a...

Cons

It's honestly quite difficult to identify any cons with the Ramp platform. One challenge we've had is that card authorizations (or merchant holds) take a long time to drop off; and before they do, the cardholder and their manager often get multiple notifications that a "transaction" requires action. Physical cards take several days to be delivered; other corporate card issuers turn cards around a lot faster.

RF

Robert F.

Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 employees

The best expense reporting software on the market

We have nothing but positive things to say about Ramp. From an accounting perspective, everything from initial set up to issuing cards to setting up expense rules is streamlined and easy to use. We also constantly hear from our cardholders in the company how great the switch to Ramp has been due to the great user experience and not having to fill out traditional expense reports.

Pros

Ramp currently offers the best expense reporting product we have ever used. The system is incredibly easy to use for both accountants and cardholders. By eliminating standard expense reports, Ramp has saved our company countless hours without losing any control or oversight that you would have with standard expense reporting platforms. An surprise benefit has been that there is no cost to Ramp, and we actually make money with the 1.50% cash back perk on all card purchases.

Cons

We have no complaints with Ramp. Each update to the software continues to exceed our expectations and adds new functionalities that we benefit from.

ER

Eugene R.

Medical Devices, 11-50 employees

User

Pros

Easy to use, easy to keep track on the spendings

Cons

Nothing some small things: during reports need to select type - I think it can be automated

KP

Kristy P.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Ramp

Overall I love Ramp. I used to have to beg and plead to get receipts and that has been tremendously reduced and the ease of the app is amazing. The integration with our accounting software is also amazing. I never have to worry about making a JE or trying to track amounts down.

Pros

The best thing about this software is the receipt capture! The reminder text that is sent to snap a picture at the time of purchase is so wonderful. No more chasing down receipts!!

Cons

My least favorite thing is not really being able to talk to someone if there is an issue. Most of the issues are user error but if our locations could call and speak to a tech or representative to walk them through how to get set up or fix their error it would be so much easier.

BF

Ben F.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Must have for your finance stack

Ramp has helped us streamline internal finance processes and find opportunities to save. The experience has been seamless and amazing!

Pros

Ramp integrates seamlessly with my accounting software to eliminate the typical problems associated with business expense management. Because it's one and the same with my business credit card it gives me a powerful tool that directly integrates.

Cons

The software is great! I'm waiting for them to start tackling my full spending picture as opposed to just credit cards.

RD

Richard D.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Zeal

Pros

The setup & ease of use, combined with pricing --> you can't beat it.

Cons

Nothing thus far. I am new to the platform, but it has been great thus far.

Patty P.

I Love Ramp Visa.

The ease to use and helpful support, along with the reimbursement feature.

Pros

no monthly reconciliations. can be done at time of purchase right on the site, no reports to print, no printing of receipts.

Cons

have not seen any cons as of yet, anything that has confused me, has been taken care of by a quick phone or Chat with Ramp

Jim E.

Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 employees

Impressive System

Pros

Ease of use and the mobile app has made expense reporting an easy process. Approvals are easy to review and allow for quick logging of expenses by GL codes.

Cons

WE really have not experienced any issues during transition and ongoing experiences with RAMP

Kelly L.

Entertainment, 201-500 employees

Ramp is great!

Pros

Ramp is the best system I've ever used to track my credit card expenses and reimbursements. The fact that you can do everything by mobile device is fantastic especially when you are travelling and can do your reporting in real time.

Cons

I don't have any problems with any of the features.

Reggie C.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Easy to Implement. Easy to Learn. Easy to Reconcile

Pros

Ramp allows for you to create digital cards to put on file for the various subscriptions team uses. This is super handy to ensure you don't have crazy spending on systems no longer in use. Another awesome feature is their texting of receipts. Rather than loading it into an app, Ramp will text you for the receipt and you can take pic and text it back. No uploading needed.

Cons

I wish there were more employee permission features that allowed you to grant or not grant specific access.

CR

Chervonne R.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Ramp makes business easier!

Overall, I'd recommend Ramp to other businesses. I wuld like to see Ramp expanded to AR functionality to receive customer payments as well, this way it could be a one stop shop. Today we have to have more than one program t manage all of our accounting needs.

Pros

Ramp has truly made life with company card, expense tracking and vendor management and payables! Having working in the finance field for 23 years, I have had vast experience with many softwares. Ramp is one of my favorites and is easy to set-up or disable users, track vendor expenses, and reimbursements

Cons

We are able to manage accounts payable but it does not have accounts receivable functionalty at all. i've asked if this will be added to Ramp's future functionality before we have to purchase an additional package with another firm and have not yet received any feedback nor a response on this piece. ALSO, the latest update is not ideal with moving items that are ready to process to different tabs. I'd like an option to have all items remain in one screen while working through items that we can upload vs. what is missing items from the users

JC

Jake C.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Needs a few more features

We've been using both Ramp and Brex for the past 5 months or so. This week, we began migrating all of our users over to Ramp. So far, my experience has been great, minus the couple things I mentioned above. Ramp is definitely a great platform and I continue using/growing with Ramp in the future.

Pros

I think the overall platform is great. So many of the features are excellent and I'm not sure they could be improved. Examples of those features are the accounting section, the insight into users spending/card info, and searching for transactions.

Cons

There are two features that Ramp doesn't have/offer and is frustrating at times. I would love for there to be a Ramp app. We previously used Brex, and the ease of access with an app is great. Many (likely all) of our team would prefer to have an app, rather than going to Ramp's website. The other feature is offering a live chat option. Brex also had that feature, and issues could be addressed and resolved within minutes. When I've had to email Ramp support, the response is typically very fast. But once again, I think many users/admins that use Ramp would prefer a live chat option.

SK

Samuel K.

Venture Capital & Private Equity, 1-10 employees

Using Ramp as corporate card

Using Ramp really made my life easy vs. using conventional corporate card. Cannot image without using Ramp!

Pros

Being able to change the limits of each card holder. Also, the speed of expense information being uploaded

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about Ramp at the moment.

BB

Brock B.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Best offering

Pros

The product is easy to use and administer. The company is releasing very useful updates and features regularly and listens to it's users for future feature development. Slack integrated.

Cons

Keeping the card level accounting vs transaction level accounting. But that is on the roadmap and should be on their platform in the very short term.

RS

Roberto S.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

To me, Ramp is a no brainer

Ramp has allowed my team to very easily reconcile marketing budgets and spend with our bookkeeping. It's extremely easy to use, the support team is extremely responsive and the company is constantly pushing new features that add value on a regular basis. To me, it's really a no brainer.

Pros

- Obtaining my own corporate credit card was very easy and frictionless - I love how I can create multiple virtual cards that I use with different vendors and for different spend categories - The feature that automatically matches receipts with transactions is simply a game changer, it saves me and our finance team so much time - Replacing a card is extremely easy and quick

Cons

Really can't think of anything that I dislike, at least with our company use case

VE

Vicki E.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

So easy and helpful

Ramp has helped our church with accounting tremendously! Their customer service is top-notch!!

Pros

The app makes tracking receipts and categorizing expenses so easy! The integration with Quickbooks Online is effortless!!

Cons

Overall Ramp is exceptionally easy to use. The only thing I have found difficult is trying to create a "rule" for memos or Quickbooks categories.

CR

Cindy R.

No more bat needed.

Much much improved over our old cards and system.

Pros

Our employees are getting invoices in timely allowing for better company reporting and quicker external reimbursement requests.

Cons

Signing up new employees for cards is confusing as multiple ways to do it. Also not happy as one set of bank statements I have to load manually each month as they are in a treasury account not connected to you all.

RB

Robin B.

Ramp Rocks

Pros

The ease of use for the cardholders. Employees can take a picture of the receipt real time and enter a memo and department,

Cons

We can't upload to our Quickbooks Enterprise therefore, every transaction needs to be reentered again.

KS

Kenny S.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Ramp has been a game changer

Ramp has been responsive and easy to manage. I don't hesitate to recommend it to others.

Pros

Our users love the ability to submit all required documentation from their phones and administrators love the ability to review without a lot of paper management.

Cons

Requires a bit of work on the front end to set it up but after it is right, things work very well.

JS

Jared S.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Easy and Effective Reimbursements

I am a huge fan of the service that Ramp provides to me as a user.

Pros

It's super easy to submit my expenses with the vendor suggestions and mileage calculations. The ability to select a specific account for direct deposit makes it fast and easy to receive funds.

Cons

It can be a little tricky to initially set up the direct deposit account.

CM

Chris M.

Great Software, Amazing Cash Back, Wonderful Support Staff

Nothing but good things about this company! Their rewards are phenomenal!

Pros

Ease of use and customization. We have a complex cost coding system, so I worked with their support staff and we were able to tailor the product to fit our needs. Support is great. They are quick to respond and determined to resolve any issue. I also love the receipt capturing technology

Cons

Every once in a while we lose the GL codes in the drop-down- but when I reach out to support they fix this right away

JJ

Joyce J.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

The Best Expense Reporting Card Management Software

I love it. My supervisors love it. It allows everyone to submit receipts and memos for expenses, immediately and then move on about their day. In the "old" days, we'd have to save our receipts, submit them with separate forms and hope everything was legible and didn't get lost. Ramp has removed all of those barriers and saved us so much money, just in time saved for staff.

Pros

The ability to e-mail and text receipts and memos is amazing. It eliminates the need for our managers to keep paper copies of receipts and allows for immediate reconciliation of expenses. This is hands down, the most popular feature of the product, with our supervisors.

Cons

At times, the software will assign a receipt to the incorrect transaction. This has only happened when there are multiple transactions with the same business, back to back. It is NOT a frequent issue.

TW

Tyler W.

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

People over task

Overall my experience with ramp has been phenomenal it was easy to learn and understand. Most importantly though it was simple to integrate into my day to day life!

Pros

As someone who’s job relies heavily on building relationships and networking the ease of being able to take someone to coffee or support a family who just had a baby and track that for accounting purposes allows me to do my job with ease!

Cons

Sometimes the texting features of Ramp can be confusing or not input correctly on the app so you might have to go into the app and “clean-up” how it gets inputted.

GM

Gabriel M.

Game Changer

Amazing! Cannot fathom how we did things so manually in the past without Ramp.

Pros

So easy to use. Interface. Users do most of the work (receipts, manager approval etc).

Cons

Some of the receipt rules and accounting rules could use more customization

LA

Luke A.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Ramp is awesome!

Pros

For small companies, the credit limit logic is really nice. Based on business cash balance instead of personal credit. The mapping and the syncing to QuickBooks are really simple and the UI for coding expenses is great. The ability to use Virtual cards based on individual or vendor is fantastic and extremely convenient.

Cons

It would be nice to have automatic syncing, but it is only a one-click process to initiate from Ramp (can set a reminder to perform daily or weekly).