GoCanvas Reviews

GoCanvas

Customizable mobile business apps and forms

4.56/5 (148 reviews)

Pros
  • My experience with Canvas software compared to other similar software has been very favorable. The features of Canvas is very user friendly and great support.KAREN W.Read the full review
  • It has been a great experience from day one. Great customer support and Go Canvas is with you every sep of the way to get it up and running for your business.Jeff S.Read the full review
  • It was very complicated, and that plus the geographical distance between US/UK meant that this took longer than expected. The result is very good however, and was worth the wait.Kate D.Read the full review
Cons
  • We do all our training exams on tablets and laptops and all of our inspections (forklift, vehicle, ladder, fire extinquishers, eye wash stations, hoists, cranes, scales and all filed with no paper!).Adanga B.Read the full review
  • By far, the worst experience I have ever had as a paying B2B customer, and I just pray that I don't ever get an issue which I can't figure out my own workaround.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • Still waiting on a search function in completed jobs and I still have trouble when my reference file is to large.Paul N.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Daniel Pettit

Canvas has significantly improved our operation, increased productivity and less redundancies

Reviewed 2018-07-03

Canvas has cut out so many redundancies in our business and is extremely versatile. It has been fun getting creative with the workflow. Not to mention the endless advantages for remote use and management.

Pros
The fact that Canvas takes away so much extra leg work behind the scenes, freeing up time for our employees to focus energy on more critical tasks.

Cons
The only recommendation I would have is to make functional improvements on multiple departments or groups sharing the same apps and functions. For example, a franchise group with several locations that need to keep consistency with apps across the locations

Jackie Fetterolf

GoCanvas Forms

Reviewed 2019-08-21

We have replaced an older form program with GoCanvas and opened up options to other departments. Their support has been very attentive to our needs and questions.

Pros
The ease of creating forms and end user experience has made rolling out the software , well, easy. The departments are in charge of their own forms and any changes which avoids delays they would otherwise experience contacting IT.

Cons
Currently, there is not the ability to attach documents to the form. We have the need to include official documents to some of the forms that have been created. We are working around that by taking a photo which works in some cases.

Michelle Cannon

GoCanvas - who knew replacing forms with apps would be so easy

Reviewed 2018-12-26

Our ability to capture, retain, analyze and share information quickly and clearly is better than it ever was with paper forms. From the start the help in setting up the programs and initial training made a very scary and intimidating process a breeze. I never have to go looking for paperwork only to find it incomplete and illegible. I have rarely been as satisfied with a software as I have been with this.

Pros
Extremely easy to build and use apps even for "non-tech" people. Powerful system allows you to build complex routing with ease PDF designer allows you to capture information you need for client while retaining all information you might need in the app for export and evaluation. They are always looking for ways to simplify and improve the program. They communicate changes well and consistently I don't have to read chicken scratch from techs anymore

Cons
Tech support to solve problems is not very deep or responsive.

Liz Ward

Good for data collection but very limited reporting

Reviewed 2018-10-24

Pros
I appreciate the ease of creating web forms to collect data along with the signature function. User adoption of the software is painless.

Cons
Unless you love reading through many rows of data, the reporting functionality is probably not for you. I use zapier to automate the export of my data into google sheets so that I can easily run reports. GoCanvas is costly considering it is basically a data collection tool without the ability to do even the most rudimentary analysis.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Troy Nelson

Don’t buy and expect support

Reviewed 2019-10-24
Review Source: Software Advice

Friendly and helpful at the beginning and then the billing problems. Shortly thereafter support stopped. Have to wait days to get help.

Pros
Takes time to make the apps the way you want it, but can be powerful with time invested to setup. Data collection is solid. Lots of different functionality, but still needs other functions.

Cons
Submission reports are clunky and not as clean and customizable as I would like. No multi-photo uploads. Super expensive for companies wanting to scale quickly. They lock you in at rates for a year at a time and every time you grow they re-up the agreement without bulk discount rates. If you want support, be ready to leave lots of messages and then wait days for help. You will have to figure it out on your own basically. (Google is your friend.)

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Anthony Cozzi

Good Work!

Reviewed 2019-09-16

We record inspections, audits, training.

Pros
Ease of using the apps ease of building the apps Mobile function is excellent

Cons
I am unable to get any badges, banners, or sound notifications on my iphone.

Cody Fair

Great software, terrible licensing structure.

Reviewed 2019-09-04

Pros
Almost everything; creating an app is easier than falling off a log, and even our users are capable of filling them out.

Cons
The licensing structure is awful. Not being able to add users without totally resetting your license renewal is easily the worst licensing system imaginable. I have tried to think of a worse one, but never could. As much as I love the service overall, I have to constantly fight my managers to continue justifying the cost, and am constantly tasked to find a replacement to save money which is a huge strain on my time. Admittedly this is partially poor management, but the licensing structure does not help matters.

David Lawson

Reviewed 2019-09-13

Ease of use in the office and on site with mobile forms. All I talked to in the field say it is fairly easy to use and really like it, for now they do not have to shuffle so much paperwork, it automatically shows up to fill out certain forms weekly (which is a good reminder). Fill it out, done and filed.

Pros
It is very easy to use. It takes a bit to learn how to set up documents, but once learned it gets better. I also like how we can go into a form and change a few things and it automatically updates. So when others access GoCanvas it syncs and all is up to date, right then.

Cons
Can't think of anything at this time.

Trent Nieffenegger

More efficient than paper forms

Reviewed 2019-08-21

Pros
I can build an app in minutes to collect any data imaginable.

Cons
Creating PDFs seems to be cumbersome. It would be nice to have more custimizable formats for creating PDFs. Right now everything has to fit into rows and columns only.

Nick Myers

Flexible, very useful.

Reviewed 2019-08-30

Streamlining paper records about herbicide applications to a digital format. We are able to clients another notification for maintenance for their records for compliance. And we are working on an app that will eventually replace our paper field reports to deal with work and inventory.

Pros
Its customizability is very good, and we've used multiple apps within the program for different reason, for internal documentation and for clients. Nice way to move away from paper records where possible.

Cons
Adjusting some of the options/menus within an app once it was activated wasn't always straight forward, even with the help. Most were easy once I asked tech support, but wasn't always clear when in the program.

Adanga Biddle-Roush

Great product, Super support team

Reviewed 2019-04-17

Our maintenance workers get their job assignments on a tablet. The submitter enters the work order, it goes to a maintenance supervisor for approval and assigned to a maintenance worker. When job is complete it goes back to original submitter to ok work was done appropriately and then submitted. We do all our training exams on tablets and laptops and all of our inspections (forklift, vehicle, ladder, fire extinquishers, eye wash stations, hoists, cranes, scales and all filed with no paper!)

Pros
The paper eliminated, filing in the cloud. And being able to check up on inspections and required training to make sure it's taken place.

Cons
The support team has overcome every obstacle I've run into so there really is no down side. We search by time frame and sometimes I'd like to be able to search across multiple Apps for a specific individual's submissions but this is small beans in comparison to all Go Canvas has enabled us to do

Marc Merel

Save time and money!

Reviewed 2018-12-24

We are a commercial and institutional HVAC service company. GoCanvas has solved several issues including legibility of service tickets (previously hand written) as well as quick delivery of the tickets (used to use FedEx overnight at the end of each week for each field employee). This cut our billing time down by 2 weeks. We are also using GoCanvas to create weekly time sheets, field quote sheets, time off requests and vehicle repair requests. We have several other forms which we will be creating soon. The staff at GoCanvas is extremely knowledgeable and creative. I have not come across anybody that was not excited about their product and ready and willing to solve my problems. I highly recommend GoCanvas for forms and processes to any industry with a need.

Pros
GoCanvas is simple to learn and use. If you either cannot or don't have time to learn the software, their customer support can help design and setup almost any form that you can envision.

Cons
Nothing in life is perfect. GoCanvas is still working to fill the gaps of what it cannot yet do. I wish the GoCanvas submissions would interact with my database software but it will not and that is not a GoCanvas issue either. My database software company will not talk (literally or figuratively) with GoCanvas. Despite this setback, GoCanvas is still a better option (in our opinion) than using the mobile version of the database software.

Willy Elizondo

Impressive integration

Reviewed 2019-08-29

We have used this program for many option such as work orders when we did not have any at the time of using this software. Used electronic forms to track time for employee to build justification, and moved our variety of inspections to canvas to make it easy for submitters.

Pros
- Simplicity to create your own forms - Customization open to get the best forms possible

Cons
- cannot remember as some items have been fixed with each update to serve our need

Lee Lipniskis

Easy to use in the field

Reviewed 2018-03-07

It makes my team more efficient and helps in the field.

Pros
It is very easy to use in the field when I am meeting with a homeowner. They can sign my contracts right in their living room and it goes straight until a PDF. I like the layout of the program and customization. It has made my field team much more efficient and look more professional in the field.

Cons
If we have to change any documents, it is a bit difficult for our admin to do so. We have used it for a few years and there aren't many things that I would say are cons for Go Canvas.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Ryan Horn

Retail Application for Greenhouse Growers

Reviewed 2014-07-28

We are a live plant grower for "Big Box' retailers, and in some cases we own the product until the product scans through the register. We are responsible monitoring and maintaining the inventory in the garden centers, and a missed sale opportunity in the store means a missed sale for the greenhouse. It is very important that we have a true understanding of what our saleable inventory is in each store at any given time. As part of this process, we employ merchandisers who will display and care for the product while it is at the retail location, and will throw away any product that is unsaleable. To maintain an accurate inventory, we need to know the variety of plant and the quantities that were thrown away. Historically this process was done by filling out a paper form and then faxing it back to the greenhouse. Office personell would then take the faxes and then hand enter the data into our enterprise system which kept track of store inventory - a very time consuming ordeal. We worked with Go Canvas to design an app that would allow our merchandisers to capture that data using their smart phones and submit the information instantly. The back end software takes that data and consolidates it so we ccan download it into one Excel file. That file is uploaded into our enterprise system and all store inventories are updated simultaneously. While the app does save us money by spending less time hand entering updates, the real benefit is having a more accurate view of our inventory which enables us to capture every sales dollar. Overall, we have been very satisfied with the service and the customer service has been great. I explained what I needed to my rep and they built the app to my specifications, and any time we needed to tweak things, they were more than happy to comply.

Kenneth Bryan Piamonte

Fastest & Easiest Automation Solution To Any Business!

Reviewed 2019-01-31

I work as a solutions architect in my country and every business that I encounter gets this solution. I'm sure that a lot of businesses out there is still not aware of GoCanvas which is why I plan to share my experience to more people.

Pros
GoCanvas is one of the most disruptive technologies available in the market today. SMBs no longer have to rely on costly software development. You can deploy an app within minutes and that changes the game!

Cons
Pretty much nothing as their support team and community are very helpful.

Justin Harbin

Canvas

Reviewed 2018-05-07
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
For clients in higher education looking for a premier online learning product built for social learning, Canvas is the product for you! Having worked in other learning management systems which encourage users to 'document dump' and treat their online courses like correspondence courses, I was quite pleased to design courses and teach in such a high quality learning management system. Additionally, appearance, text size, and other learning environment concerns are appropriate to the higher education context, particularly as accessibility is concerned. This is an excellent product!

Cons
As a fully featured product, there is a bit of a learning curve in using the product well. That said, i'm not sure how to avoid this in a robust learning management system.

Jon Ward

A Fantastic Tool For Improving Efficiency and Quality of Service

Reviewed 2018-10-16

We have replaced paper property inspection forms which has not only added value to the service provided to our clients, but it has increased efficiency massively and has gone even further by protecting the company from certain liability claims by evidencing every property inspection in its entirety, with supporting photographs etc.etc.

Pros
That everything from the app to the pdf can be tailored to fully meet our requirements.

Cons
Nothing! It was easy to set up, easy to use, tweak, and easy for all users to understand and begin to use.

Tom Commaroto

Use it Everyday

Reviewed 2019-08-28

Been very good overall. I have recommended it to some of our fellow dealers.

Pros
You customize your form very easy from the dashboard. We are presently using 12 apps that we designed. A team of 10 people are suing them everyday. No real issues, things can be changed on the fly if need be.

Cons
Nothing really. It took a little time to lean the app building. The learning curve was not very steep at all.

Hayden Miller

Go completely paperless with ease!

Reviewed 2019-11-11

we have streamlined every piece of paper or form through go-canvas, and it has saved us tons of money in paper and filing-time. Makes everything easy to find and easy to complete. No more scanning and resending!

Pros
The functionality and ease of use make this platform great for any business who is looking to get up to par with a paperless system

Cons
i honestly cant think of any flaws with the software system. it is very will built and easily accessible and usable for all levels of management.

Devin O'Donnell

The support that you receive if and when an issue is encountered is amazing.

Reviewed 2017-12-01

Pros
Canvas manages to reduce the amount of physical paperwork to such a degree I don't know if we could ever go back to manually doing the majority of what we use it for again without some *major* pains across all departments.

Cons
While the platform works for most of what we would use it for there are some issues that are only evident when using it for various IT administrative functions; e.g. no fields for data formatting that is unique to an IT function like IP addressing requirements, limited support for handling handheld scanners, lack of time-stamping for what account has been updating what data, etc.

Cynthia Bouchard-Gagné

Equipment Maintenance Coordinator

Reviewed 2019-02-15

Getting rid of (most) paper in the equipment division has been a life saver, the equipment maintenance and repairs history is stored much better, the paperwork comes in immediately from the field, not weeks later. The information written is actually legible. I was able to created forms we couldn't have before. It also saves a lot of time trying to file or scan paperwork.

Pros
The workflow and dispatch options, the email delivery options all apps, the simple and easy to learn app builder, the data reference options.

Cons
The cost is a little high, but still worth it. Notifications don't always come through on workflow. Sometimes the work being done by users doesn't save.

Paul Brocky

We use GoCanvas everyday and wont go back to paper contracts

Reviewed 2016-12-11

GoCanvas was the first and the only solution that we decided upon for our paperless contract documentation. We love the easy to use an app and the ability to scale with future employees. If We had one complaint it would the learning curve it takes to set up a new form. But once you understand how to build it everything is a snap.

Pros
It does what it says and paperless documentation has streamlined our process

Cons
The learning curves to build new forms.

Matthew Compton-Clark

Great product for improving office and field work efficiency

Reviewed 2018-08-07

They have a great and supportive team which is always willing to help.

Pros
The ease of use from an admin and user perspective. Offline functionality is essential for us and GoCanvas delivers.

Cons
GoCanvas lacks some of the features that other products have. Features they have that other products do not (the dispatch calendar for example) are not built out well enough to be useful for our business. The essential features are there, but I eagerly await the addition of extra functionality as we constantly run into issues of, 'Wouldn't it be great of GoCanvas did this?!' Again, what GoCanvas lacks in features they make up for in droves on the user interface and ease of use. This has made company-wide implementation a relatively easy proccess.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Steve Kucharski

Canvas has made my job and my teams job a lot easier. Also customer support is top notch.

Reviewed 2017-12-06

Got rid of a manual paper process.

Pros
Ease of use and anytime I need the help your just a phone call away with someone always willing to help.

Cons
My only complaint about the software is every time I make a change to an app it creates a new version therefore when I have to do a download of a project that has already been running for a year I have to make sure I am downloading the data from every version.