Brandwatch Reviews

4.3

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.59/10

Reviews by rating

The calendar and ease of scheduling is the best part of falcon, but the monitoring system is great too.
It is a pleasure to use this tool and the quality of data it collects is brilliant. The tool is very easy to use and navigation is seamless.
Customer service is always great, (Helgi is awesome) (and love that you can send GIFS), and they're usually quick to respond and resolve issues.
From lack of Reel support to improper data reporting to extra line breaks and "<?>" boxes when you schedule posts, Falcon is an overpriced nightmare that you should avoid at all costs.
There's been a lot of problems with the analytics part of Falcon. Empty reports, missing metrics, connection issues and just overall customization and getting the numbers that you need.
It was very buggy, and my team would have to send a ticket at least once per week when something went wrong, or disconnected, or any number of annoying bugs.

Michael S.

Social Media Manager

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Brandwatch Review: Satisfies Every Needs a Social Media Manager Has!

Transcript

Michael: My name is Michael. I am the social media manager for a national non-profit, and I would give...

LK

Liam K.

Founder

Events Services, self-employed

Make Smarter Social Media Decisions!

Tyler G.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Great for Small - Medium Sized Business and Focused Monitoring

1) Expected Volume: Brandwatch is more affordable for clients who need comprehensive coverage, but not necessarily unlimited mentions. Brandwatch is the best value for core brand health monitoring, while still maintaining a competitive edge at higher volumes (1 million+ monthly mentions). Combined with historical data from 2010 onwards, access to the Twitter “firehose,” Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and an ever-expanding database of all digital publications, you will not want for coverage. 2) The complexity of Boolean Search Query / Keywords: Strong reach and limiting false positives.

Pros

Unlimited User Accounts, API Integrations, Excellent Customer Service

Cons

The deep learning curve for the user interface, queries must be carefully written to exclude non-essential and low-quality mentions. No mobile app.

TL

Todd L.

Utilities, 501-1,000 employees

Falcon Makes Our Social Media Life Easier

Pros

I like how Falcon quickly allows me to pull monthly reports to send to management. Before Falcon, I had to go through each platform we use and compose an analytics report. Now I just go into Falcon, customize what data I want to see, set the date range, and snap--there it is.

Cons

A previous scheduler we used allowed the user to drag content all around the calendar when rescheduling. I wish Falcon had that option (instead of having to open the post and reschedule it that way.

SM

Suzanne M.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Shiny but Meh.

Meh.

Pros

No limited on # of social accounts that we can have connected has been helpful.

Cons

There are constantly API and posting errors. There are some features I was sold on but weren't actually what I asked/needed. It's very high maintenance to upkeep. Reports weren't as customizable as expected.

mh

megan h.

Publishing, 201-500 employees

Review of Falcon.io

Helps a lot for day to day scheduling posts.

Pros

The metrics are very clear and pretty easy to use once everything is setup.

Cons

Overall, there is far too much clicking just to schedule a post. And then if you copy/paste a post it's even more painful.

MK

Matt K.

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Good social media scheduler and monitoring system.

Pros

I like the ease of scheduling social media posts. They tend to keep up with the platforms' changes pretty well.

Cons

The analytics leave a little to be desired, though they do seem to be developing those capabilities at the moment.

DO

Dave O.

Media Production, 11-50 employees

The best option available

Very good, it's not perfect but I'm a big fan. Would recommend to others.

Pros

Publish, Engage and Measure are the best features for me. I do a lot of reporting and measure is great for time-saving on that.

Cons

Bulk-labelling would be incredibly useful. The new engagements reports don't sync up correctly with our current reporting but I'm very excited to see that get up and running properly.

KB

Kristian B.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

A good-looking tool for measuring social presence

It's great for measurement across various channels and our clients are happy with the out-of-the-box reports.

Pros

We solely use the software for measurement and it works great for us. It makes is really easy to visualize how our clients perform across multiple social platforms at once. The export options are good and the generated reports look great. It would be even better if the reports allowed for further customization; advanced period comparison, layout options etc.

Cons

The measurement view could be better organized when working with multiple clients. It can be difficult to focus in on one client at the time without using filters. Also, it can be really slow but that could be down to the amount of data being processed or the use of Angular :-)

JP

Justine P.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Falcon.io

Pros

Customer service is prompts and helpful. The calendar view for upcoming scheduled posts is helpful

Cons

Always seems to be under maintenance, disconnected accounts happens frequently, previews have issues with spacing/layout requiring the browser to be refreshed which is just annoying, lots of improvements that can be made but overall a decent software to use

DC

Dan C.

Retail, 10,001+ employees

Improved cross platform scheduling, listening and reporting considerably, bringing a number of tools together under one roof.

Pros

Good communication, easy to use interface and happy to help account management team.

Cons

Reporting dashboards are all well and good but the exportable reports do not offer enough of a visual representation of performance, it’s all excel.

Elie Francois E.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Great for analytics with customizable dashboards

Pros

Brandwatch provides data visualization tools that make it easy to analyze and present data in an understandable way and it allows users to customize their dashboards to track and analyze specific metrics that are important to their business.

Cons

Brandwatch can be expensive for small businesses and startups, as it is primarily designed for enterprise-level businesses.

AP

Alicia P.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Must-Have for a Busy Agency

Overall I love it for scheduling, analytics, and engagement management. I have noticed a few bugs with it not working certain days or posts not able to go through. But for the most part, with how much I use it, I've had minimal issues, and I would recommend this for any agency or social media marketer that is juggling a lot of clients.

Pros

This platform cuts out hours of time scheduling & customizing posts for multiple social media platforms. It's also a great tool for managing comments/messages for multiple clients in one easy, organized location.

Cons

FB Business Suite now allows you to schedule IG & FB stories, while Falcon still doesn't have that feature. Also we paid for the Advertising feature which allows you to set up FB ads directly through the platform, however I have found that I still end up using FB Ads Manager to maintain my advertising. I was excited about the idea of being able to do everything in one spot initially but the advertising feature is not easy to use, although I'm sure a lot of that has to do with what the FB API allows for third-party apps, and you can't easily set up different types of ads & optimization, so you end up having to move to FB Ads Manager anyway to do anything that isn't a basic "boost."

Nathan O.

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Tons of Analytics but clunky posting makes this platform useful, but not what we hoped

Overall, Falcon has been useful for measuring content performance, but has been disappointing in its ability to streamline work. In almost every use case we've had, the promise of full automation in scheduling posts is not quite met because of some limitation or another. In practice, Falcon is approaching abandonware status within our organization because utilization is so low - team members opting to post content directly on our platforms rather than be slowed down by Falcon.

Pros

We appreciate the amount of analytics data that is available inside of Falcon across our channels, as well as the ability to schedule posts across platforms well in advance.

Cons

There are strange limitations and inconsistent behavior using the publish module of Falcon. Our content strategy is video-heavy, and we were disappointed to learn that Falcon was incapable of publishing posts with higher than 1080p video (and even 1080p was not officially supported - we were told to use 720p video) as well as other format and quality limitations that the content platforms themselves (Facebook, Linkedin, etc.) do not restrict. So we found ourselves wondering why we were paying for a service that allowed us to do less than what can be done for free directly on those platforms.

KF

Katy F.

Government Relations, 1,001-5,000 employees

Some great features

It is a great product that allows us to Monitor and Engage better than we did previously.

Pros

Engage function is really great. The scheduling function is great for Twitter, Facebook, the new Share function is great for sharing drafts with people not on the platform - can you add the share function to every draft page so you don't have to add Labels to get the right content?

Cons

1. You can't boost from the page. This means that any post you are putting money behind, you have to use creator studio for. 2. Multiple photos to Instagram. Again, need to deflect to Creator Studio for this. 3. I feel the Calendar functions could be better so that you can use it more in planning.

AO

Anthony O.

Retail, 5,001-10,000 employees

Great software with just a few bugs

Overall, Falcon has been a great social media management tool and we would highly recommend

Pros

I love the level of detail in Falcon. The analytic tools are great and the engage platform is phenomenal. We are also equally impressed with the Listen tool.

Cons

There has been a few moments where we had extreme bugs that took weeks to resolve. However, the support team went above and beyond and has always quickly gotten back to us and regularly communicated.

FM

Faith M.

Renewables & Environment, 11-50 employees

The Perfect Solution For Brand Management

Pros

I like the brand management features It makes social media monitoring and management easy It comes with some analytics capabilities

Cons

Brandwatch has handled our needs as required and no issues

MS

Matthias S.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 5,001-10,000 employees

Having a good flight with (the) Falcon ;-)

As a company we are very happy with Falcon, especially to be able to provide our international colleagues with content.

Pros

Working with Falcon is "smooth" and very intuitive, it's easy to approve/deny content and we like the way of creating stock content for our international colleagues. Furthermore, the communication with the "Superninjas" works fast and their tips and tricks are mostly very helpful.

Cons

The limited possibilities (e.g. no display of FB wall posts) of Falcon's Community Management.

TH

Trent H.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Great product and helps a lot in social media management and scheduling

One feature to add would be having the ablility to retweet/share a post on specific or multiple channels at the same time.

Pros

The ease of copying and scheduling multiple posts to different platforms. And the overall calendar view is a great way to see what is coming up and where you are missing things.

Cons

Sometimes the measure feature does not match up with the original platforms which makes it difficult to keep track of results.

NC

Nicole C.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Doesn't have everything, but better than the rest!

I've used Hootesuite and Sprout Social for other clients, and Falcon.io is my favorite to use. It's a very easy to learn platform.

Pros

Right now the best two things that Falcon offers is an easy to use calendar-at-a-glance as well as allowing you to schedule multiple image Instagram posts. No other platforms seem to have the right Instagram capabilities right now and that alone puts Falcon ahead of the rest. Additionally, if you tag your posts for different campaigns, or any other variables, you can sort by those tags in the calendar view to see how your month or week is looking.

Cons

One of our biggest KPIs is Engagement Rate, and the reporting side of Falcon is still slowly coming along. Sometimes its still easier to just pull natively from the platform. But they still offer some great reporting features. I think there is still a chance you can't schedule video on Twitter.

AM

Amy M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Helps us do our best

Pros

Falcon has helped us streamline our content publishing, and measure our effectiveness like never before. Prior to falcon we had to work with free scheduling tools that didn't do all we needed, and content was held in spreadsheets. Now we can plan, implement and measure our social offering all on one platform!

Cons

Whilst there are great tools to implement with a CRM system or social media to create profiles, there is not an available API for our CRM system. Measures and reports can be improved, but they are working on this all the time!

AK

Antti K.

Food Production, 1,001-5,000 employees

Lovely tool

I would describe myself as a satisfied user, who is still learning.

Pros

I like the fact that I can collect all our social media doings in one hub, and feel that thou I have been using Falcon.io for a while there is always some untapped potential, waiting to be realized. The dialogue with the company also seems to have the customers best at heart, and staying in tune is really easy. The inspirational sessions set up by Falcon.io providing inspiration from across the globe is a big plus.

Cons

We have some challenges with multilingual posts, and every now and then there are some small kinks in the interface that usually get ironed out pretty fast.

MB

Matilda B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Really useful, but some extra features could help it work even better

I like being able to do all my social media work on Falcon, rather than skipping between sites. It also allows me to do the bulk of posting in one session, rather than doing it throughout the week. Overall it works really well, and makes my work easier, but I would appreciate some additional features being added so that it can work even better.

Pros

The listening tool on Falcon is really powerful and allows you to track the impact and reach of your social media campaigns. The scheduling tool is also useful for prepping social media output in advance, and easy to use.

Cons

Some really useful features are missing, most noticeably the ability to track impressions - both for accounts and hashtags. I also find the video scheduling tool for Facebook to be less good than the native scheduling, so I will end up scheduling videos on Facebook rather than on Falcon.

DH

Daniela H.

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Good tool with many features

It's a good tool but it could definitely be improved.

Pros

The best thing about Falcon is how easy it is to schedule content.

Cons

It is very complex to use and requires a lot of time to really understand all its features. I think it can be a very good resource for market research and understanding your own community better, but it often fails to deliver on daily tools (like not being able to directly post carousels or videos properly), or setting up reports that include an engagement rate for the account or post. Many things still have to be done manually or using other platforms. The community management tool is pretty useless.

KF

Kenichiro F.

Automotive, 10,001+ employees

End to end solution!

Great but need to become a more sophisticated user to utilize the full power that this platform offers.

Pros

Create contents, manage the contents distribution calendar, review the performance, monitoring tthe sentiment and inquiries, able to explain our efforts on ROI! What do you need more?

Cons

Nothing typically. When introducing this platform, the customer service conducted a comprehensive training and responded very well to inquiries. What can you ask more?

AB

Abe B.

Internet, 201-500 employees

Good base functionality, but some difficulties with basic features

Falcon.io is a great mid-range tool that is a good solution to a wide variety of social media needs. The support staff are great, and there are features that are a nice plus. However, the tool doesn't respond well to being pushed too far. Reporting is restricted, team set up has odd quirks, and some of the bonus features detract more than anything.

Pros

We really like the audience module, with being able to tag and track consumer groups. The easy-to-use queues are great, with a lot of flexibility. The team grouping is a good feature as well. The support staff are great. Finally the modular pricing makes it affordable for a wide variety of needs.

Cons

The insights and reporting element is not fully developed, with a lot of mismatched features and confusing elements. The response templates are awkward and really impractical. Some of the queue features make it hard to collaborate in teams. Not being able to roll out a queue set up across users also takes a lot of time during set up.

MT

Martin T.

Marketing and Advertising, 501-1,000 employees

Very useful tool to analyze conversation on Twitter and Reddit

Pros

It's great how you can automatically analyze sentiment using word clouds or topics.

Cons

Sometimes takes very long time to get the data from a query to analyze conversations