Envoy Reviews

4.86/5 (285 reviews)

Neil Dutta

Envoy is the best solution for managing visitors on multiple floors and managing package delivery.

Reviewed 2018-12-21

It really is a simple solution for front desk communication, it cuts down on the panic when a VIP arrives and you need to locate their contact. Staff really appreciate getting the instant message with a photo of the visitor. Signing in is as easy as 123, first name and last name and an e-mail. Also responding to a notification is literally a one-click deal. It really cuts down on the build up of packages at front desk. It is simple and it is a great tool for the front of house operations.

Pros
Having tried out various solutions over the past 5 years. It is obvious that Envoy is the best solution for managing visitors on multiple floors and managing packages. It is convenient to set up the iPad app, users appreciate getting notifications when Interview candidates arrive at the front desk, they can get a notification message by E-mail or Text message and Slack instant message. Also when packages arrive for employees, they also get a photo of the package label sent to them, this is great for locating priority packages, once collected the user just clicks on a button to mark it as picked up.

Cons
Our location uses Apple iOS iPad minis with 8 inch screens, the app is certainly a stable build for iOS devices. However the few brief moments when I decided to use Envoy on a Android smart phone I did experience several crashes. That was annoying but I believe these bugs may have been addressed in a more recent build. For now we decided to only use the iPads as they seem to do the trick.

Alvaro Medina

Visitors are Wow'ed

Reviewed 2019-02-26

Pros
I must say, that for a small business / office, we have wowed clients and visitors from multi-nationals whenever they arrive at the receptionist area and sign-in via the iPad terminal using Envoy. Back track a little, one of my favorites features is the ability to pre-register your visitors. This, depends on the setup of your IT, sends an email and calendar invite to your visitor. This email can include map to the office, some reminders (like dress code, parking), and this makes their sign-in a breeze upon arrival at the reception, they just say their names, and they're in the fast lane. Analytics. Yes, I'm a fan of numbers and figures, and Envoy gives us a quick data analytics dashboard to see how many visitors came per month/year, who has the most visitors, deliveries, etc. The data helps our planning for Building management (e.g., add new Envoy terminal, extend the security/reception area, promote pre-registration). It's just a beauty to use. And accessible via web from anywhere, and via a mobile app (passport as well).

Cons
If your office has multiple entrance/exit points, note that Envoy will treat it as having multiple locations, hence additional payment. Well, technically it's just the same office. But you can just create a sign-in field to indicate which entrance/exit they are in (just so you get to distinguish it when crunching the visitor data).

Josemaria Gabriel

Our visitors are very impressed!

Reviewed 2018-06-28

Your visitors will love using the iPad app to register (much impressive than the usual pen/paper, or receptionist doing all the typing). Notifications are very useful to let you know when a visitor has arrived. Pre-registration sends them an email which can be customized to include map directions, SOP's in the office, etc. All logs are easily downloadable for numbers and data analytics (This is good for office planning).

Pros
The iPad app is very user-friendly. Just a few taps, and we get to capture important visitor info (including photo). It gives the front desk a wow factor. The notifications is the feature most appreciated by our company, since they get notified in real time via email/sms/slack upon visitor registration of their guests. The pre-registration of visitors makes the visitor experience more pleasant. They receive an email/calendar invite about their appointment (which is customizable). Envoy also provides basic analytics dashboard to quickly view how many visitors there are/have been, and which persons/places are most visited. The visitor log is easy to extract as .csv for further data analytics.

Cons
There is no provision to use Android devices instead of an iPad. Currently, it's not possible to select multiple hosts (persons to visit/destination).

Estela Irwin

As a long time receptionist I find this software to be an invaluable time saver.

Reviewed 2018-03-08

The stress of having multiple visitors, delivery vendors, ringing telephones and employees at reception with questions all at the same time was lessened, it didn't disappear; it just took one thing off the multi-tasking plate required to do the job well. I was able to quickly see at a glance what visitors were in the building. Following up with employees to collect their visitors was easier.

Pros
Having been a Corporate Receptionist at other companies I have found this product to make the task of registering visitors unbelievably helpful. Visitors enter their own name into a system which then prints the badge and automatically notifies the employees. No more complaints about having misspelled a name or not notified an employee. We also use the photo function which makes it very easy for our employees to identify their visitor when collecting them from reception. Our clients are also impressed with our high tech sign in process.

Cons
The software itself leaves little to be desired. It has been well thought out. Our issues have been with employees not receiving the notification emails in their inbox. The junk filter on email software will place the email in junk or spam folder. Clearly explaining this issue to employees would save some frustration.

Emily Blanchard

Never Miss a Guest w/Evvoy

Reviewed 2019-03-26

Love it! It's like having your front desk on autopilot!

Pros
Envoy is incredibly useful for being alerted when someone arrives. We use it in the office at an unattended front desk. The interface is obvious, easy to use, no wondering what to do next. I also like that it takes a photo of the guest and prints a badge all before the visitor engages with the person they are here to meet. It required wifi and electricity, but other than that it's compact, standard tablet size, and reliable. I've never had a breakdown. Envoy pings the person waiting on the visitor automatically when they sign in to Envoy through our chat client. No need to physically go and get the person. Envoy allows for multiple people to be on an alert in case it's multiple people in the meeting or if you need someone to act as a backup in case something's come up with the person they are here to meet.

Cons
Sometimes the height of the Envoy is lower than the person making for difficulty with taking the photo. We ordered a stand but it was flimsy and we had to return it.

Clarwin Castro

The best visitor registration system we've implemented, adds a 'wow factor' to our visitors/guests.

Reviewed 2018-03-09

Wow-factor for our guests/visitors! Ease of processing visitors for our receptionists/security, and instant notifications to the hosts. We are able to digitize and automate our visitor registration workflow. The notifications are great (e.g., thru e-mail, sms, slack). The iPad user interface is user-friendly and customizable. We also get to extract all the data and the built-in dashboard also has some visual analytics for easy reference. The customer support is fast and the staff is friendly to deal with.

Pros

Cons
We just have one feature request to have the mobile and email details of the employees be hidden from view of the Receptionist (since our receptionists/security team is outsourced). This is not possible, but they said it may be considered for future developments.

Ashley H.

Envoy is the best thing I ever did for my front desk!

Reviewed 2016-08-02

From the minute I expressed interest in the Envoy system, their customer support was on top of it answering every question I had with as well as being transparent about the capabilities of the system. I work in a residence hall on a college campus and we use Envoy to track our visitors- a huge safety concern and Envoy makes that easier for us.

Pros
I love the Dashboard. Super user friendly, the search feature is awesome, and I love that it uses an iPad for sign-ins rather than the staff doing the sign-in manually. The text feature works well for our students.

Cons
There are a few guest policy restrictions that we have currently that are a little difficult to manage with Envoy so it does rely on our staff to be very conscientious (such as, host residents are only able to sign in one guest at time but the Envoy system does not yet prevent a host resident from doing that. The Envoy team is working on it and we are hoping to have that in place soon!)

Kaye Brown-Tempalski

Fantastic app and service

Reviewed 2017-06-29

Pros
The ease of the overall design and user interface (UI). Also, the nifty features and add-ons you can add to make it specific to your needs. I get tons of compliments from our guests about how great it is to use, and often give out Envoy's contact information so they can set it up for themselves at their own company. The customer service is top-notch as well. They are always happy to give a helping hand whenever something 'seems' to go wrong - even if it is user error (and they don't make you feel bad about it, either). On the whole, I enjoy working with Envoy, and love the software. Keep up the good work.

Cons
The only thing that I can say that I don't like is that you can't put the email as optional on the iPad - meaning having the word (optional) next to the email bar. This always confuses first-time customers, so it would be great if that were something we could do. I already have it set as not a required field, but the word (optional) would be extremely helpful.

Lars C. Anders

Give Envoy a try and watch your front desk woes melt away!

Reviewed 2016-07-13

Anyone who works in operations will agree that there simply aren't enough hours in the day to get to everything. The job gets done with constant reprioritization of to-dos and a lot of hustling, but it would be a heck of a lot easier if I could be everywhere all at once. I am a proud Envoy customer, because the product and service that they provide enables me to do just that. It's hard to quantify how much time, energy, and stress Envoy has spared me, but the dividends are certainly shared by all - our guests, my employees, and yours truly. Give Envoy a try and watch your front desk woes melt away! You'll be glad you did.

Pros
Set up doesn't take more than a few minutes. The default interface is simple, intuitive, and visually pleasing, but there is a ton of opportunity for customization and integration for anyone who wants it. Envoy's customer support is ALWAYS there to assist me live on the portal.

Cons
I frequently have to troubleshoot the wireless badge printer that came with my Envoy bundle, but outside of that I'm very pleased.

Emily Weeks

Envoy has been a huge asset to my office. Easy to use and looks nice and professional.

Reviewed 2018-03-08

Pros
The UI is simple and clean, and for the most part, it is easy to use right out of the box. I also love the option to design and order custom badges with our own company branding on them, as an upgrade from the standard printed name badges. Envoy makes signing our visitors in much smoother and more professional with the digital interface. (Especially for a company in the tech/production industries.)

Cons
I tun into issues with the badge printer pretty often, so I'll have to hit up the troubleshooting section of the site a lot. The troubleshooting guide does usually help me solve my problems, though. There have only been a few instances where I've had to reach out to Envoy support or to my company's internal IT team for additional support on weird issues. One more con is that I wish we could have a little more control of the look of the iPad app, but that's not the biggest deal. The home screen and sign in pages still look great as they are.

Nicholas Coad

Essentially a robot secretary

Reviewed 2018-12-16

Pros
Envoy very well might replace your traditional secretary. Notify employees when a guest arrives? Check. Create temporary badges with photos? Check. Let the UPS or FedEx guy sign in? Check. Envoy does all of the above and uses a simple Ipad interface and wifi printer to take over several of the traditional roles of a secretary, either as a replacement or as a supplement so that your secretary can focus on other tasks.

Cons
Ipads are tremendously expensive and great targets for theft. It would be great is Envoy supported a cheap Samsung tablet or similar lower end tablet device. Also, the recommended wifi label printer is surprisingly expensive, it would be much better if a simpler cheaper device could be used.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Laurel Meyers

Great system

Reviewed 2016-11-09

this system makes visitor process so much easier and things go so much smoother. So knowing when visitors are coming lets me plan my day.

Pros
We are a secured facility and anyone including employees that are not a US Citizen has to have an MK Denial run on them to see if they will be allowed into our facility....knowing their Citizenship ahead of their visit lets me do their back round check ahead of time.

Cons
I really have no cons...but if I had to choose one I would like it if each time a visitor signs in it doesn't require to enter a new badge number....unfortunately the system saves the previous badge number and even though I ask them to change the badge number as they are signing in, they go right by it and then I have to go into the system and manually change it myself....I wish down the road it will auto delete the badge number for each visit so they can't proceed without entering a new badge number....

Carolyn Selic

Great System

Reviewed 2016-09-01

When we first had this system I admit I was a bit of a luddite especially given that I had used the old system of access control for over 12 years. Now I'm a convert and would reccomend this to anyone. It's sleek, modern and makes the lobby look far more modern.

Pros
The look of the ipad, very stylish and the fact that it remembers guests from previous visits. envoy work hard at making this a functional and smooth experience - on two occasions I have used the live chat online feature to help me over 'hurdles' mostly of my own doing and the specialists were great, fast, friendly and efficiant.

Cons
I would like the machine to ask for credit card # and expration date but there's no way of doing that (joke.) Really the only con is that I'd like another ipad available at a lower height for clients with disabilities but that is an issue I am raising with my company and not Envoy.

Matt Tolson

Envoy just works.

Reviewed 2017-07-31

Pros
Envoy is simple for our visitors to use. This is important to us because we routinely have anywhere from 10 to 100 customers in the building. Tracking who is in the building helps our Project Managers keep track of their customers. Being able to export visitor logs is also very helpful in case of an emergency or for reporting. Overall, we have had a great experience using Envoy and is leaps and bounds better than having a physical (paper) visitor sign-in sheet.

Cons
Very little to complain about, but sometimes the iPad goes offline and when it comes back online the syncing is not immediate. The landscape mode for signing in could use some improvement. Some of the fields are hidden below the keyboard which can cause confusion. A dual or two column sign in for landscape would be a great addition.

Njon Weinroth

Game Changing Product!

Reviewed 2016-11-21

Envoy takes the focus on the mad scramble to sign my guest in, track down, and alert their host and lets me focus on greeting my guest and making them comfortable. It makes sure each visitor signs our NDA and frees up my time to have a chat with the guest when appropriate without the added distraction of trying to herd cats. Envoy constantly adds integrations and tool sets that are valuable to my use case.

Pros
I love the simplicity and the ability to use the product in a number of optional configurations. I've been a customer for several years and the improvements have been constantly valuable. They REALLY listen to customer feedback.

Cons
N/A

Brent Turner

Beautiful user interface with strong integrations

Reviewed 2017-06-28

beautiful, modern front-desk check-in system

Pros
User interface design -- for both the end user and the admin -- is modern and simple to use. No training needed. The portfolio of integrations -- with things like Microsoft AD, Box (for storing signed NDAs), Skype for Business (for chat-based alerts of people's arrival), and on and on -- is very strong.

Cons
The pricing for the top tier (the plan with the most integrations) is slightly high when compared to our monthly investment in other marketing and office technology providers. It is still priced competitively for what it does, but if I had to pick a "like least" price is the easiest.

Michael Szczepanski

A product with a thoughtful experience.

Reviewed 2016-08-23

The company I work for uses Enjoy for their front desk, asking users to sign in when visiting someone at the office. When I have visitors, family or clients, they all mention how clever the check in process is.

Pros
I love the emails for when a visitor has arrived for me; their name, expected length of visit, and even a photo of them at that moment. The interface is great and I've yet to find someone who didn't understand how to use it. Love their support team as well, they've been quick to respond to any questions or concerns. It's rare for the product to run into problems but if it does there's world class customer support behind you.

Cons
There's little worth complaining about when it comes to Envoy.

Sosy Mooradian

Looks professional and performs the functions we want it to do.

Reviewed 2018-06-01

Pros
It looks professional and provides reporting so that we can always track who comes in and out of our facility. It's also pretty user friendly, so we rarely have issues with visitors being able to sign in. Our employees appreciate being able to receive both email and text notifications when a visitor has signed in.

Cons
It is pricey. We still find it worth having, but I had to make an argument for it in our budget. I wish the appearance was a bit more easy to customize. Sometimes there are hiccups and notifications don't send, but they typically get fixed very quickly.

Anonymous

A must have tool when office visitor satisfaction is important

Reviewed 2019-02-17

Envoy was instrumental in our plan to offer a better customer experience to our candidates. Plus it helped grow our network as earlier the entries were made in a book that no one would update online.

Pros
Envoy was implemented at a recruitment company where I worked earlier. Earlier, when a candidate came in , they had to sign in manually and recruiters we informed by phone. This was a highly inefficient process and we had many instances of candidates walking out as they weren't met by someone in time After Envoy, recruiters were notified instantly, regardless of where they were. Plus we were able to use this data to grow our database of candidates

Cons
Not much. The UI was supre easy for visitors to use and we were even able to get notifed on Skype

Jake Pottinger

Redefining the first point of engagement for guests into our business!

Reviewed 2016-09-22

The front desk. The place that not only makes your businesses first impression on the client/guest, but shows your intentions as a company. You can define yourself in the lobby/waiting area with simple things, art on the walls, the carpet, the furniture. But that is all a waste of time if your visitor greeting process is leaving something to be desired it can lower the visitors expectations dramatically. Envoy leaves nothing to be desired. Seamlessly integrated into our reception team its features are first class. Not only does it make the job of our team on reception easier, with features like pre registered guests, NDA signing and much more, these features show the customer that we are welcoming them in and greet them appropriately. Its brilliant.

Pros
Everything! so many features!!

Cons
I have absolutely nothing to complain about, minor issues are always fixed fantastically fast by the support team!

Jason de Villa

Envoy has eased visitor management a lot

Reviewed 2018-10-12

Pros
Envoy is easy to use, and is very flexible. We have a small campus with three entrances/exits, and we've been able to configure Envoy to work well across all three entry and exit points. The data we capture has really allowed us to improve our policies and workflows, and the email/SMS notification in real time has improved the experience tremendously for both visitors and hosts.

Cons
It's cloud-based so on a few, rare times infra issues (on our part) have brought the service down; also, you will have to invest in an iPad for each entry/exit point.

Vanilene Rose Mendoza

User-friendly, efficient, and worth the value.

Reviewed 2018-05-07

Pros
Envoy Visitors helps our department to easily track down visitors (students, alumni, parents, partner organizations). With the help of this software, we were and still able to prepare the needs of our visitors ahead of time, thus, lessening their waiting time. It also aids in easily tracking visitors' contact information whenever we have further concerns to them. Aside from these, what I like most about Envoy Visitors is the added security it gives to the institution I am currently working with.

Cons
None, so far. Envoy Visitors has been a great help to our visitor registration management and campus security since the day it was deployed.

Aaron Anthony

Amazing function and features for us! We use Envoy for office check-in operation.

Reviewed 2017-08-11

Creating an effective office management and maintaining a database of those who come in to our office.

Pros
Envoy support is quick, responsive, and invested. We use Envoy to support our operation in which people check-in at our front desk. The features and functions at the free level are bar-none. We are looking at possibly adding additional stations and perhaps moving to the paid version which adds a host of additional features too! I honestly cannot think of a problem or issue with this software. The help desk team helped us resolve issues quickly and effectively, the software functions cleanly and swiftly, and the software has helped our office serve our students!

Ankush Puri

Visitor Management experience made easy

Reviewed 2019-03-27

- We have around 1000 of visitor's coming into our building everyday and managing those visitors using Envoy with its integration to AD and Clearpass has made us transition into a very smooth customer experience. We have recommended this to a huge set of enterprise customers for their visitor management and label printing.

Pros
- Integration platform using open API's is very flexible - Guest/Visitor management is easy and guests can be populated in advance using bulk upload - Integrates with Active Directory to look for sponsored Guest - integration with Twilio for Guest SMS password is highly useful

Cons
- Splash Page/App could be customized to have company logo in the frontend would make it more company specific

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Anonymous

No more waiting time waiting for visitors

Reviewed 2018-05-31

Pros
I love that Envoy integrates with Slack so that you're notified when a visitor arrives. I often conduct interviews and candidates arrive early and late. I can keep working undistracted. This also reduces load on office managers who aren't always at their desks.

Cons
It would be great to create user accounts across the Envoy platform was even quicker check-ins. Sometimes entering info quickly, especially in the presence of crowds, is a time consuming task with multiple required fields.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10