WorkWave Service Reviews

WorkWave Service

Cloud-based Field Service Management Software

4.12/5 (25 reviews)

Pros
  • WorkWave is an excellent product with awesome support. We are a well known cleaning company in the Phoenix area.Steve A.Read the full review
  • I was able to easily learn how to use Workwave and received EXCELLENT customer service during my training. They are available any time to answer my questions, and are very professional and courteous.Robin H.Read the full review
  • The product is an online solution that has proven to be very stable. One major benefit of WorkWave is that we can access the system from anywhere.Steve A.Read the full review
Cons
  • A major miss step with their lead system, we had to drop out of this that side of the system because of all the problems they were having with it.David H.Read the full review
  • Virtually at the moment, we signed up for an annual contract with Workwave, monthly contracts are the industry norm, my business partner had a near death experience due to a hospital error.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • Our clients pay us mainly based upon a monthly contract for all services completed during that month. All of the invoices transmitted over to Quickbooks are just cluttering up our accounting software.Steve M.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Shaun D Simmons

Totally great interface as well as being able to combine a lot of back office in the filed now.

Reviewed 2018-07-19

In a nutshell it'll start saving on our fuel and fleet maintenance costs while streamlining a lot of the back office processes allowing them to focus on more income generating tasks.

Pros
Not only is the navigation (route optimization) so mu easier to do than other past platforms we wanted to be able to automate the "service complete" then it automatically bills the customer. Which was one thing our old platform didn't have.

Cons
I really can't say there's a con. It is a cloud platform so you must have internet/data connectivity to perform a lot of the "bells and whistles" which we had to go and update/upgrade 35 service folks mobile devices.

Christopher Cormier

Powerful scheduling and invoicing software.

Reviewed 2019-11-14

Pros
I like the flow within the program and the fact that it is web based eliminates a lot of downtime that you might experience from a local network program.

Cons
I would love to see POS functionality in a future update. To use this software in the retail store for cashing out products would be so great!

Response from WorkWave

Hi Christopher - Thank you for the review! We are so glad you are finding success with our software, and we really appreciate the valuable feedback.

Anonymous

Extremely Poor Business Practices

Reviewed 2019-06-17

I will never do business with Work Wave again. Although I believe that they are attempting to fill a niche in the marketplace in pricing and product, unless they address the fact that nothing is more important than customer service and sometimes that means realizing that your customers may be facing tremendous difficulties beyond their control and it is no longer about collecting your monthly fees from that customer but doing the right, kind and decent thing. We in the service business who have the opportunity to look at their customer's in the eyes each appointment and can often see hurt, pain and sorrow & have the opportunity to be caring to them. In comparison to companies whose employees sit in an air-conditioned building, have meetings around tables talking about sales goals and marketing hype. But if it was not for WW's real customers out in trucks each day, trying to make a living against the odds in the snow and heat, WW would not be in business. So when one of us is hurting, WW should care.

Pros
I wanted to give the "newer" guy on the block my business and I liked many of the features promised by our salesperson.

Cons
Virtually at the moment, we signed up for an annual contract with Workwave, monthly contracts are the industry norm, my business partner had a near death experience due to a hospital error. WorkWave was one of many service providers I contacted and requested a revision or cancellation of our accounts. Note: We to date have not been through the WW training, therefore the only investment they have in our account is their tech support attempted to help me load my QB .csv customer file into WW. WW never offer any kind words of support or concern to me or my business partner during my interactions. Our answering service, MoneyPenny, gave us one year of FREE service. WOW! WW offered to delay three months of billing and extend the contract by three months. When my business partner was not recovering, as rapidly as the doctors had hoped, I again contacted WW and requested another extension of our contract and billing. We had zero funds coming into our company and mounting medical bills. The WW reps in two departments again offered neither options to me and nor kindness to me. When I read the new CEO's wonderful letter requesting ideas, I wrote to him requesting his review of this policy and offered the suggestion of one company with whom I do business. They reduced our monthly bill to $15.00/month to keep our account active. To the CEO's credit, he did respond to my letter and very nicely told me there would be no adjustment to their policy.

Response from WorkWave

Thank you for your review, and we are very sorry to hear about your experience. We really appreciate your valuable feedback as it is very helpful for us as we continually look to grow and improve our company and practices. We will be reviewing this feedback with our larger team.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Elyse Shepka

User Friendly Scheduling Database

Reviewed 2019-11-14

The fact that the web based program integrates with my tech mobile app is amazing. We can close completed work orders for our revenue report in house and bill accordingly.

Pros
The ease of set up, Work Wave setup team migrated our database for us. They set up multiple sessions for training and was so helpful and professional in teaching us the working of this program. They even set up additional sessions of basic training when we lost the employee that was first trained on the system. H2O Systems is very grateful for the communication and recovery of lost knowledge due to an employee termination and new users inexperience with the program. We are looking forward to using the program to its fullest capabilities because going forward with new employees we have not implemented all of the software's capabilities. The great thing about Work Wave is that it can be used in any level a company can handle. Even with the limited capabilities we have now with our new employees, we have not missed any scheduling or invoicing. Thanks to Work Wave customer support our scheduling is still true to form.

Cons
The fact that we have 6500 customers and wanted to just integrate for this program 850 customers for one of our divisions. We have multiple divisions and multiple employees that have single division responsibilities. When we first came aboard, Work Wave migrated our total Quickbooks list. This created a nightmare for my single division employees. We had to manually enter the specific customers for that single division. It was easier this way than having the task of picking out of the giant list. After we completed this task the program was so much easier to navigate.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Elyse - Thank you for the review! We are so glad you are finding success with our software, and we really appreciate the valuable feedback.

David Hartzell

Easy to use - easy to train.

Reviewed 2019-03-15

I have been in the industry for 40 years and used override of different systems. This is undoubtedly the strongest I have used to date. It extremely functional, easy to train on, allows for all of our employees to use a mobile system. If we use this from the first phone call for a new client through every interaction they will ever have moving forward. We have been using it since 2007

Pros
It is an extremely strong CRM system that handles everything from the initial client interaction through billing and payment. It is one of the most important pieces of software in our business.

Cons
A major miss step with their lead system, we had to drop out of this that side of the system because of all the problems they were having with it. We felt like we were beta testers however we were being billed monthly for the pleasure.

Robin Hall

Excellent Software For Pest Control Industry

Reviewed 2019-11-22

Excellent customer service and ease of understanding options. My technicians are able to access their schedules per the mobile application and be more efficient in planning their day.

Pros
This software is very easy to understand. I was able to easily learn how to use Workwave and received EXCELLENT customer service during my training. They are available any time to answer my questions, and are very professional and courteous.

Cons
I would like the option of running a report of services per customer name.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Robin - Thank you for the review! We are so glad you are finding success with our software, and we really appreciate the valuable feedback.

Bruce Jurgensen

Biggest plus.

Reviewed 2020-01-07

We keep the schedules of all our work orders in the system and gathering the reports weekly.

Pros
The software offers lots of options to list work orders to actually ending the job and collecting the data for payments

Cons
At times there are things that need extra help with and it can take awhile to get immediate help but they do pull through in the end.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Bruce - Thank you for the review! We are so glad you are finding success with our software, and we really appreciate the valuable feedback.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Steve McGowan

Workwave

Reviewed 2019-06-24

To be perfectly honest, I actually like QXpress much better. It is simple and does exactly what we need a scheduling program to do. I only changed because I was told that you would no longer be supporting QXpress. I wish we could keep using it.

Pros
Really don't have a whole lot to say here.

Cons
I can't create any work orders for new projects that I find out about after the fact. Many days I don't find out about a job that was done until a day or two after it has been completed. Also, I don't need an invoice created for every work order scheduled. Our clients pay us mainly based upon a monthly contract for all services completed during that month. All of the invoices transmitted over to Quickbooks are just cluttering up our accounting software.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Steve - Thank you for your review, and we are sorry to hear about your experience so far with WorkWave Service. We really appreciate your valuable feedback as it is very helpful for us as we continually look to grow and improve. We will be reviewing this feedback with our larger team.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Jeannie Young

Growing pains

Reviewed 2019-10-16

WorkWave allows my techs to do away with paper work orders, and update via their iPads in real time. It minimizes the need to call into service department because of accessibility.

Pros
Ease of Scheduling work orders; easy look up function; Resolving daily work orders and invoices is simple

Cons
Must complete work orders before looking up another account . Once you do so, basically must start over creating work order. Also, once a work order is closed, it's very difficult to go back and undo financial aspects of ticket

Response from WorkWave

Hi Jeannie - Thanks for the review, we are so glad you are finding success with work orders and invoices, but are sorry to hear about your frustrating experience with completing work orders. We will be passing this feedback along to our product team!

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Mark Maner

Kool

Reviewed 2019-06-17

We like the service more then previous bc all info in one spot for each customer.

Pros
Seeing all info for customers in one spot

Cons
Too many steps to create agrements. And you can not change invoices as easy.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Mark - Thank you for the review and for the feedback!

Steve Armour

Excellent Sytem

Reviewed 2019-06-17

WorkWave is an excellent product with awesome support. We are a well known cleaning company in the Phoenix area. The transition and migration from our old platform to WorkWave took some work but in the end we are very pleased to be using WorkWave and being part of the WorkWave family of customers.

Pros
We were one of the early adopters of WorkWave once we learned that there were no more updates to ServiceCEO. WorkWave is an excellent software platform to run our business. The product is an online solution that has proven to be very stable. One major benefit of WorkWave is that we can access the system from anywhere. Being an online solution to us means no more entire vacations ruined because our software has crashed locally. Another benefit of WorkWave is that it is very intuitive and easy to use. There is ample support documentation. Also, the WorkWave support staff has always been very knowledgeable and quick to resolve problems and answer questions.

Cons
In the past there has been some confusion regarding new enhanced platforms (Professional and Enterprise). We upgraded to the Professional platform to get additional reporting and communications capabilities. The additional features of the Professional version for us do not increase or automate some of our communications functions as we had hoped.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Steve - Thank you for the review! We are so happy you are having a positive experience with our company and are finding success with our solutions.

Melinda Gregory Pablo

Magic Shred, Inc. Denton Texas

Reviewed 2019-06-17

Overall a 10. Few glitches but have been solved. As stated earlier, I am currently in a work order that they are trying to fix on appointments already scheduled disappearing.

Pros
I like the fact that it schedules & optimizes my routes. Sometimes I go into the board and reschedule a few of the stops but nothing major. Currently I am on a work order with problems of appointments unscheduling.

Cons
It would be awesome if we could do all in one software. You do offer invoicing and accounting but in order to get payments from our clients, we have to go to a 3rd party billing and my owner is not willing to put that out there. We export to QuickBooks and then invoice which allows for a link that can press and enter their billing information right then.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Melinda - Thank you for the positive review! We are happy you are experiencing success with our solutions, and thank you for the feedback.

Sam Brooks

Disappointed in the business practices

Reviewed 2019-05-28

Need a CRM for our sales team and was recommended this service by a digital document company. The service itself is not a CRM tool, however not being an expert in the field (made this clear with the sales rep) I was told it could work as an easy CRM. This would be our first CRM tool. They have you sign a contract then wait a week to train you on the software (I'm assuming this way there's a minimum of more than 3 days before you actually get to touch the software to see if it actually fits your needs). After one training course and starting another both myself and the trainer agreed this is not the proper software for our needs. No biggie, sometimes you don't know till you touch something. The problem is billing. They're trying to force me to pay the entirety of the year contract for a software both myself and multiple others in workwaves company agreed is a bad fit for our needs. They still haven't refunded prior payments and haven't officially let us out of the contract. It's been nearly two months and still waiting and they're still charging our card. We don't care that the software wasn't a fit (wish the sales rep would have told us this ahead of time, he tried to make it work but the software just isn't what we need). The problem is that although we all know it's a bad fit they're trying to say essentially, "yeah this won't help your business but we're still gonna charge you cuz we can haha, sucks to be you." I've used this exact verbage with them and they say they

Pros
Seems like there could be a decent use for this product in certain companies, just not for ours after getting to learn it a little bit

Cons
Was sold this product as a CRM which it is not. We have zero use for the product and have made that clear. Although their team is in agreement that their software doesn't fit our needs they are still trying to charge us and force our contract, thus the reason for the review ratings

Response from WorkWave

Hi Sam - Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, and we are sorry to hear that our solution did not meet your CRM needs. I understand our team has been working with you on a solution to this, and we look forward to a positive outcome.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Elyse Gutzman

Best customizable software

Reviewed 2019-11-22

It helps make everything organized so business can run efficiently.

Pros
We can suggest features and they do their best to accommodate your request. The customer service is prompt with all request. Everyone I have ever corresponded with has been nothing less than professional and courteous.

Cons
Sometimes there are glitches when there are software updates and undoes settings that you may have had in place.

Edward Perry

overall services and options

Reviewed 2019-11-22

I'm very happy with the overall experience with WW. in the beginning I had lots of problems that the service center was quick to help me with. as I grew to know the system it got easier and more obvious on how to resolve my own problems.

Pros
I chose WW because of the features. While slightly more expensive it can and has grown with what i utilize as I have grown in size.

Cons
NOt organic. Not all the features are simple to use and not obvious with how to use. Training and trial and error is part of getting to know and use the system.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Edward - Thank you for the review! We are glad you are finding success with our software, and we really appreciate the valuable feedback.

Cheryl Brown

IMO - Workwave is GREAT!

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-06-18

I LOVE the fact that is show distance(however not always accurate).

Pros
Easy of use -growing company - but very willing to take your recommendations I have seen some of my suggestions to to life. Maybe not like I suggested but in a usable fashion!

Cons
I haven't figured out if the mileage is measuring as the birds fly or what --Sometimes I get that the next property is .5 miles from another BUT looking at the map you know it is further than that -- maybe by boat but not by land. I also don't like that it will not show empty days unless you go tech/team by tech/team.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Cheryl - Thank you for the review! We are so happy you are having a positive experience with our company and solutions.

Stacey Sparks

Optimization to the Max

Reviewed 2019-10-31

Pros
All the parameters you can put in for a driver really helps optimize your route. Optimization is key for our business as well as fulfilling our clients needs.

Cons
There was a bit of a learning curve with this software. There were some features that were cumbersome for our pool service business.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Stacey - Thanks for the positive review! We are so glad you are finding success with our software.

Clay Williams

Amazing

Reviewed 2019-06-24

Pros
As an owner that goes out to every job site. It saves me time when I get home. Instead of scheduling, billing and making invoices. I can have personal time.

Cons
I honestly can’t think of anything that bothered me with this software

Response from WorkWave

Hi Clay - Thanks for the 5-star review! We are so glad you are finding success with our software.

Eli Laverdiere

Swimming pools

Reviewed 2019-06-17

Pros
How I can organize my day in an easy route

Cons
The time it takes to set up my next day for all of the service guys

Response from WorkWave

Hi Eli - Thank you for the positive review!

Jenny Lewis

Review of workwave software

Reviewed 2019-11-22

So far we are very pleased.

Pros
Its a little confusing at first, but the customer service is excellent in walking me through the details. This next year I will be doing alot more training and start using more features.

Cons
Don't really have any things we do not like yet

Response from WorkWave

Hi Jenny - Thank you for the review! We are so glad you are are please so far with software, and we look forward to continuing to work with you.

Mike Code

Upgrade from Service CEO

Reviewed 2019-11-16

Quicker entering and tracking of orders and manpower

Pros
There is a lot more than can be done in WorkWave than could be done in CEO

Cons
It took a little while to get used to. Working in Teams is a big plus

Response from WorkWave

Hi Mike - Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We are so glad to hear you are finding success with our software.

Robin Phillips

Great in the Start...not so much now

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-06-24

Pros
GPS side of the software is pretty good and easy to use.

Cons
I dislike the fact that the program does not talk BOTH ways with accounting software programs.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Robin - Thank you for your review, and we are sorry to hear about your experience with communication between accounting software, but are glad you are finding success with GPS. We really appreciate your valuable feedback as it is very helpful for us as we continually look to grow and improve. We will be reviewing this feedback with our larger team.

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Hector Ortega

Great software but needs time to develop more

Reviewed 2019-06-17

I've tested quite a few different management systems and WorkWave is the one that solved my problems. Some things that worked out best for us is the dispatch visibility, Quickbooks integration, Vantiv credit card processing, the list of services, reporting, geolocating, custom zones, time tracking, and other features.

Pros
The visibility of our customers on the dispatch screen. I am able to see where my customers are located and optimize my routes accordingly. There's a lot of good functionalities and are very useful in getting my jobs done. The list of services is also a great feature because I am able to build in estimated durations, frequencies, and prices meaning that I don't have manually enter those details with each new job.

Cons
It really lacks streamlining, integrations, and customizations. Well, it does allow for customizations and integrations but they're not very flexible. I also can't upload my list of services which is painstaking when you have over 100 of them. We have a set price per every 100 square feet that range from 500 to 4500 on 5 different categories.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Hector- Thank you for the review and feedback. We are glad you are having a positive experience with our solutions, and your feedback enables us to continually improve our software.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Thomas Murray

Rip off

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-12-25
Review Source: Software Advice

I would not suggest this unless you have a college degree what a rip off and you when finally realize you can’t keep up with it it’s too late you owe $3000 and they won’t hesitate to report your business to a collection agency . All I ever wanted to do was write my customer a invoice and ended going bankrupt to do so

Pros
Very responsive to help you understand how too spend more money to make less money writing a simple invoice

Cons
Complicated and too many loopholes to your wallet ...you want to this pay me , you want do that pay me , now owe me walk between the rain drops until you get my money

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Supreeth Siddaraju

Nice Service

Reviewed 2018-03-30
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
I feel it is really great to have such kind of servicing company for cleaning and other maid services which help the lazy people around.

Cons
The service software is good but your luck depends on who will be there for your service. Sometime some people will end up.